Konoha Chunin Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Konoha Chunin Exams

Unread postby Phht » April 13th, 2012, 6:09 pm

Before the RP stuff gets going, ANY Konoha genin that is either active or willing to be active to participate in the Exams should post here to let us know. We'll form teams based on active genin as of next Thursday or Friday (at the latest).

The Chunin Exams will actually start either next Friday or next Saturday (again, at the latest).

I keep saying "at the latest" because if all the genin chime in (and we can make even teams without needing NPCs added) and Lthayer has his Iwa team ready prior to that point, we'll start sooner. But next Friday/Saturday will be the deadline.
  • Active Genin:
  • Sho Yuuma (JamestheFox)
  • Raito Ojike (Zankaru)
  • Ichigo Matsuda (Flux)
  • Kotetsu Kamizuki (Ristridin)
  • Kenta Kurokawa (Random_fan)
Last edited by Phht on April 17th, 2012, 12:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Re: Konoha Chunin Exams

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » April 13th, 2012, 11:36 pm

Ojike Raito is active.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 14th, 2012, 11:27 am

Matsuda Ichigo is in to fail the written test. :faill:
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » April 14th, 2012, 11:29 am

Kamizuki Kotetsu is in.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Random_fan » April 15th, 2012, 5:13 am

Kenta Kurokawa is in.
Random_fan

Unread postby Phht » April 20th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Okay, so here's the deadline~. Lthayer, you probably ought to make sure you get your last two genin stats done tonight. ;)

Since we haven't heard from Greybane or Ash and Plan A for ushio is unusable, I'd like to ask if anyone that doesn't have a genin in the Exams would like to RP Ushio for the duration of the Exams.

We should be starting the actual RP stuff tomorrow unless something goes horribly wrong.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby spudman » April 20th, 2012, 11:46 pm

*knocks on wood*
spudman

Unread postby Lthayer3 » April 21st, 2012, 2:18 am

Finished my genin. They're a scary combat team (for genin), but they do still have some pretty serious weaknesses. No bios written yet, but you can get a general idea from the rest of the information. Two are rather spoiled clan brats that were playmates since they were learning to walk. The third is a younger prodigy with a rarely surfacing bloodline that was fast tracked to round out the team.

The jonin will be running a bit late, due to a mission that's taking longer than was originally expected. He'll catch up in a day or two. :???:

I don't know anything about the other Iwa team(s) that they're probably accompanying. Maybe I'll make stuff up about them later. Or if anyone else is feeling creative, they're welcome to do so.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Phht » April 21st, 2012, 10:43 pm

[Something horrific almost happened. I almost missed the deadline I set by losing track of time. D: Okay, Ushio will be treated as a GMPC. She'll be largely silent and not involved in the decision making process. Ewuvi might take over Ushio at times when she wants to, but might not.

We'll start this the day prior to the Chunin Exam, to tell genin their teams and allow some getting-to-know-each-other time instead of going "oh hai ur team, take exam nao". Genin being used: Sho Yuuma, Raito Ojike, Ichigo Matsuda, Kotetsu Kamizuki, Kenta Kurokawa, Ushio Kotone. Plus the Iwa team.]

17 Oct 133 AF

Notices are sent out to a number of Konoha genin and jounin-sensei around Konoha for a noon time meeting at the top of the Hokage Tower. As the time gets close, genin being filling the area and chat with friends. The Jounin-sensei catch up with their fellows and greet their teams. One Jounin sits up front keeping an eye on the time. The numbers seem to indicate at least a dozen genin teams are present.

[Konoha genin start filtering in. Once all of y'all are here, meeting'll start. Oh, and another thing. Spud and I will likely be bouncing back and forth on doing the GM responses. We'll see how things go and adjust as necessary.]
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 22nd, 2012, 12:51 pm

Sho walks into the room, removing the goggles covering his eyes, his hair either obviously windswept from his favorite mode of travel... or obviously uncombed from having just woken up.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 23rd, 2012, 12:15 am

Ichigo walks in and sees Sho's hair,
"Hey, I'm guessing that you fixed it in time?"

Flux_Blade

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 23rd, 2012, 1:41 pm

"... Yeah." Sho shakes his head a bit, rubbing his hand through his hair to at least slightly comb it. "There sure are a lot of ninja here... Not enough room to get to the sky if the exams are just a free-for-all brawl in the office."

'All right. In case of a fight... step one, blow the roof off... step two... step... two...'

Sho dozes a bit, leaning against a wall near the back, only to startle awake with a light gasp. He shakes his head again. 'Okay... step zero, don't fall asleep, or people-puppets will get you...'

OOG: Sho's still a little rattled from the encounter with Hiroka, the human-puppet user, so he's been kept up at night via nightmares. In combination with his usual habits regarding being up late working on his puppets and swordplay, he's not exactly getting a lot of sleep.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » April 23rd, 2012, 5:13 pm

Kotetsu enters the room, walks to the side of the room and starts to look around.

'Hmm, mostly full teams already. What to do, what to do...'
Ristridin

Unread postby Random_fan » April 23rd, 2012, 10:34 pm

Kenta walks into the room and walks to his former team.
Last edited by Random_fan on April 29th, 2012, 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random_fan

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 24th, 2012, 8:57 am

oog: Do we, the genin, know who is with which team?

Ichigo looks over the crowd before responding to Sho who seems to be fighting off sleep,
"You don't have to worry about that type of fight yet, specifically because there are no other genin from other villages. Also why the Hokage Tower is quite formidable, they would not have a fight here." Ichigo stretches as he starts to notice a couple of other genin he recognized.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Phht » April 24th, 2012, 5:47 pm

[ That'll be provided at the meeting. Along with where/when you're supposed to go for the Exams.

As a note, the location I was thinking of at the top of the Tower would be that open air platform area at the very top. We see it in chp1 of the manga where a bunch of ninja are yelling at Naruto while he's painting the mountain, and I believe it's where Tsunade was coordinating things during the Pein invasion. The eyes of all the previous Hokage are upon you. Don't let them down! ;) ]
Phht

Unread postby spudman » April 24th, 2012, 10:49 pm

[Just waiting on Zank, then I'll post the next part. I'll note right now that you all can assume Kenta went through Nishi's training as well (offscreen).]
spudman

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » April 26th, 2012, 6:37 pm

OOC
Spoiler: show
OOC: I am really sorry for the delay on my part yall, busy time at work and have not been online at all lately. Will keep up with thread from now on though.

Ojike raito ambles into the room with his eyes drawn tight in annoyance. A jet black ferret lays in his cloak's hood, playfully batting at his ponytail and wuffling with it's odd laugh. Quickly scanning the room and not recognizing anyone, he moves over to a corner of the room and sits on the floor, self-consciously adjusting the brand new konoha hitai-ate on his forehead.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby spudman » April 28th, 2012, 4:18 am

oog: don't worry about it Zank.

ig:

It has been a few minutes since the most recent arrivals. The genin among you that participated in the Great Toras Chase may recognize the two rookie genin teams that fought them as part of their own mission.

The rookies/what you remember about them:
Spoiler: show
Kisuke Arashikaji-boy of average height for his age, green eyes, purple hair (that is often best described as "bedhead"). Nice guy but oblivious.

Mai Shashoukae-glasses, green hair (wore it in a ponytail but has since let it down), pink eyes, bookish type and moe but sometimes mutters insults. Snaps on rare occasions.

Kaede Inuzuka-tallest and in the best shape on her team. Dark red hair down to her shoulders, yellow-brown eyes.
Yumemaru-large and grey, floppy ears, larger than a shetland pony (it has been a couple months).

Naoki Haiyuu-taller boy, dark black hair, brown eyes. Keeps himself neat, probably uses hair product. Shameless flirt and pervert.

Shun Rurousha -brown hair in twin ponytails, grey eyes. Obsessed with training.

Akio Numamura-shorter boy, scrawniest on team. strawberry blonde, shaggy hair, dark eyes. Possibly the most 'normal' of the six rookies, with Kaede as a close second.
They certainly recognize you, most of them waving or nodding in acknowledgement. One of the genin, Naoki, approaches Ichigo. "Hey, you were still working with that hottie Hyuuga Hotaru, right? How's she doing?"
Any reply is interrupted by the jounin watching the clock.

"Alright, quiet!"

"If you're unaware, Chunin Exam starts tomorrow. The teams in this room are the ones from Konoha participating in the Exams this time. Now, the foreign teams have been given the following information on where and when the first stage takes place. The first stage's meeting place is somewhere along the Konoha side of Old Konoha, not counting any lakeside sections of Old Konoha. It will be clearly marked so you'll know if you find it. The Exam starts at 6 am. If you're even two seconds late, you're out. The following genin will remain: Matsuda Ichigo, Kurokawa Kenta, Kotone Ushio, Kamizuki Kotetsu, Ojike Raito, Yuuma Sho. The rest of you are dismissed."

The genin and jounin-sensei start to leave, though some take their time.

"You think you could put in a good word for me with her?"

"As in now!" the jounin emphasizes.

The rest of the genins and jounin leave the area, with the exceptions of the lead jounin, the six of you, and your jounin-sensei (for four of you, anyway) Nishiyori Fukakouryoku.

Nishiyori chooses now to speak. "The six of you will be divided into the following teams."Kurokawa, Ojike, and Yuuma as one team. Kamizuki, Matsuda, and Kotone are the other. These teams were carefully considered, but you should be able to get a thrown together team to function, anyway. Any questions?"
spudman

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » April 28th, 2012, 10:41 am

"None, jounin-san."

Ojike bows slightly to his new team-mates, eyes lingering on yuuma's strange harness. His voice muffled by the respirator masking the bottom half of his face.

"Yuuma-san, Kurokawa-san, I look forward to working with you."

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 28th, 2012, 12:09 pm

Sho frowns. "What time does the meeting place open up? I mean, you say it should be marked, but you aren't saying when it'll be marked. It doesn't matter if I search for it all night, if it'll only be visible a hour before the exam."

After the Jonin's response, and when Raito greets him, Sho smiles. "Please, call me Sho, it's faster that way. I'm looking forward to this too!"

'...Though maybe I should suggest we go somewhere and discuss our battle plans... But I don't want to sound bossy... But can't sound like a pushover either... Hmmmmmm...

"You guys want to go get some dango? I know this great place, and we can, you know, talk strategy..."

'Ack, wait, he's wearing that breathing mask thing, he might not want to go out and eat if that means removing his mask... Ummm....'
JamestheFox

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 28th, 2012, 1:39 pm

Ichigo waves at the two teams they had to fight on that mission, fortunately it went well enough. Though he definitely smiles at the comment on Hotaru, while not responding. Not for the same reasons as the boy.

Once he hears the teams, "Good, I won't get into as much trouble for breaking the puppets again." Hearing the boy wanting a good word for Hotaru, he comments to Ushio, "I probably shouldn't antagonize her anymore." He turns to their newest team member, "So, we should head out to talk, we have a training field that the team usually meets at when a new member joins, should we head there?"

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » April 28th, 2012, 4:29 pm

At the word dango, zeek climbs out of the cloak's hood onto ojike's shoulder chittering excitedly.

"As you wish sho-san, this plan is acceptable."

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Ristridin » April 28th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Listening to the answer to Yuuma's question, Kotetsu takes a quick look at his new teammates.

"Sounds like a plan. Lead the way."

'Puppet breaking?'
Ristridin

Unread postby spudman » April 28th, 2012, 10:59 pm

Sho frowns. "What time does the meeting place open up? I mean, you say it should be marked, but you aren't saying when it'll be marked. It doesn't matter if I search for it all night, if it'll only be visible a hour before the exam."
"Oh, it's already marked."
spudman

Return to “%s” Mission Central