Konoha Chunin Exams

Mission transcripts and reports. (Roleplaying threads here)

Re: Konoha Chunin Exams

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 3rd, 2012, 10:27 pm

Ichigo frowns at the first comment as he doesn't quite get the whole blood smelling sweet when the other ninja comments and it falls into place. Oh, they're threatened to bleed us dried, duh! Giving them a glance over, his hand start to ball up is the only sign of nervousness.

Upon hearing KK's comments, he decides to add to fuel to fire,
"Yeah, they are energetic, but honestly, that house cat on The Mission was scarier than these three." Ichigo keeps on his toes in case they get attacked.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » June 4th, 2012, 12:53 pm

'Real or not, go with the flow.'

"To be somewhat fair, there are many things less scary than that particular monstrosity. Though I didn't think a genin team would be amongst them."

'Wonder if they're actually foolish enough to attack now. Would be pretty funny to get them disqualified that soon. Still, have to be on time... must be ready for evasion.'
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Lthayer3 » June 7th, 2012, 10:48 pm

oog: Hey. Sorry I haven't been able to post. Life got real busy, and I barely have any free time anymore =/ So if someone wants to take over the Iwa nin, or if you just leave them as background characters, that's probably for the best so no one's held up waiting for me.
Lthayer3

Unread postby spudman » June 7th, 2012, 11:24 pm

The Suna ninja narrows her eyes at Sho. "My name is Wakana Shanbuyou. I will take pleasure in crushing you, pretender." She turns and sashays back to her teammates, moving with a casual grace that reminds Sho of the dancers he encountered during the recent months of training. His teenage hormones may be guiding his focus elsewhere, however.

--------

"Bastards! I'll slash you into little, thin pieces!" Nobue growls, hackles clearly raised from the veing throbbing on her forehead.

"Show them their place in the order of things." Chiho hisses threateningly. Both Waterfall nin are poised to make good on their threat. The third Waterfall nin is looking at her teammates, but just before she makes her own move three new figures appear on the scene between the Konoha and Waterfall teams.

The new arrivals have the same taste in fashion, apparently. They're dressed in dark cloaks with black hoods, lower face masks, and shades concealing most of their appearance, the Waterfall hitai-ite on the hoods identify their allegiance. There is obvious variety in their size, though. The shortest is 5'2'' and the tallest towers at 6'3'', with the third pretty much halfway in between. And from what skin can be seen the taller and shorter one have darker skin and the middle one is rather pale.

"That's enough." the 'average'-sized one speaks in a deep voice. Nobue and Chiho both flinch at the presence of the other team and what has just been said.

Who he's talking to becomes clear when he turns to the first Waterfall team. "You will not embarass our village by getting yourselves ejected before the test has even started. Is that clear?" Sweating nervously now, Nobue and Chiho both nod. Their teammate is better off, though the tension in her stance has not dissipated. "Chiyoye, control them better." the newcomer adds.

"Yes, of course..." Nobue and Chiho's now identified teammate responds.

The pale, cloaked Waterfall ninja waves his hand, dismissing the other team. Chiyoye gathers her companions up and leads them to the line.

"My apologies for their behavior. Those two are too often guided by their bloodlust. They were correct in their basic sentiment that Taki will demonstrate the superiority of its ninja in these exams. However, that is not reason to be rude or crass while going about it."

This guy speaks politely, and that doesn't seem to be a front. But the Konoha ninja definitely feel something is off about this trio, something that is deeply disturbing.

oog: Aww....nobody's stepping up to help/make fun of poor Naoki?

As for the Iwa team, given what lthayer just posted, we'll assume there was no further confrontation between the Iwa and Kusa team before the test. As for what to do with the Iwa team, we'll figure that out.
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 8th, 2012, 12:24 am

IG:

'Wait, what just happened?' Sho frowns as Shanbuyou turns on her heel. He watches her return to her team, before walking closer to the Gazebo, speaking into his still-active radio.

"Oi, Ken, Rai, you guys almost here? Sorry about freezing up, I kinda got surprised..." He chuckles, trying to throw off the chills he was still getting. "You'd think Suna ninja would be nicer to Konoha ninja. I mean, even if we're competing, we're still allies and stuff, right? We should be a little more buddy-buddy, riiiiigggght?" Sho stopped to stare at what he was seeing, but only for a couple seconds. "... Like these Uzu ladies. They seem to be nice enough..." He walks up next to the third Kunoichi. "See, this is just the kind of friendly interaction I was expecting from our allies!"

OoG:

Sorry Spud, nothing but obliviousness from Sho.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Ristridin » June 8th, 2012, 1:41 pm

'He really calls it bloodlust... Too direct!'

"It is not a problem. After all, our response may not have been considered very polite either. Though it is good to see that some people manage to keep their cool."

'Still short on time...'

"I'll look forward to seeing that proof of superiority, though hopefully by observation only. Of course, we'll have to be able to get started at least, so if you'll excuse us... Ichi, Ushi, shall we?"

If there's no further discussion, Kotetsu will get in line, probably not the same one as the other Waterfall team.
Ristridin

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 9th, 2012, 12:24 pm

"I agree, it will be interesting to see your power at the proper time." Ichigo follows his teammates into line. "Well, at least this exam has been more interesting, though last time with Neji. So, do you think they'll actually make it to the final round? I have a feeling the last member of that team does something to control the others?"

Ichigo notices Naoki and Sho, and figures the puppeteer can handle the teasing.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » June 9th, 2012, 1:25 pm

'They suddenly don't look intimidating any more. Or maybe it's just the intimidation factor being put in perspective...'

If they're unlikely to be overheard by either of the Waterfall teams:
"That girl Chiyoye is probably the most dangerous of the three. In that case, she's most likely their team leader, by the virtue of being able to remain calm. Given the way the other two were acting, more direct control than that seems unlikely. If she can keep the others from doing something stupid, she might pull them through, especially since regardless of that failed intimidation ploy, they may still excel in combat. Still, that other Taki team disturbs me a lot more, given the way the first team reacted to a few words."

oog: spud, to clarify, when you said something felt off about this trio, you meant the second team, right?
Ristridin

Unread postby spudman » June 9th, 2012, 6:21 pm

oog: eyup, the second Waterfall team

That's fine, James. Just pointing out that was something he 'might' notice

ig:

Naoki figures he's in trouble either way, so he opts to go for broke.

*grope* *grope*

"Ohoho, oh my, how bold..." Huh, Hoshimi's reaction isn't so bad maybe he'll get out of this oka-

:pissed_off: "You little PERV! DIE!!!" Izumi yells, picking him up and slamming him into the ground. Yep, that's about what he was expecting. Dust is kicked up and as it disperses Naoki is on the ground.

"Ugh..."

Just then Naoki's teammates, Shun and Akio, run up to the scene.

"Again, Naoki, really?" Shun asks, exasperated.

"Can't help it.."

"We know." Akio adds, then bows to the Uzu kunoichi. "Sorry about him, he's very...friendly."

"No harm done." Clearly Hoshimi.

"Hmph. Just keep the little creep away from me." Izumi huffs, though there is a slight smirk on her face.

With Naoki gathered up, his teammates nod and take their leave, heading towards the line.

"Friendly, but odd." the third Uzu kunoichi quietly responds to Sho.

oog: barring reactions to this, and interactions between the Konoha teams, I'd say the First Exam is probably going to start soon.
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 9th, 2012, 11:48 pm

Sho watches as the groping ensues and winces when Izumi smashes the Konoha Genin he doesn't know into the ground.

'So much for friendly... What is it with these Exams and pretty but scary women? Is this... Is this just the way it always is? No one mentioned this to me.' Sho remembers his past experience with female ninja and horror dawns on him. 'Maybe... Maybe ALL Kunoichi become like this, after a certain point.'

"Friendly, but odd." Comes a voice from beside Sho, and he remembers the potential timebomb standing next to him.

"Perverted men, met with vengeful women... Yeah, I think you girls will fit right in around here. Now, I should go find my team..."
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 10th, 2012, 12:10 pm

Ichigo nods at KK comments, "Well, we do know who to avoid, I guess we could also if necessary team up with other Konoha ninjas, depending on the tests."

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » June 10th, 2012, 12:31 pm

"Depending on the task, there are probably teams who wouldn't mind working with us. Most likely, they'll try to pit us against each other, and in that case, we'd have to be really careful who we'd trust enough to team up with."
Ristridin

Unread postby Phht » June 14th, 2012, 6:57 pm

The clock strikes 6 am and the jounin in front of the gate whistles to the Chunin that have been sitting as a make-shift perimeter. They reach down and set seals down on the outside of their spot. Once the last seal is placed, a transparent barrier the height of the fencing springs into existence using the seals as "posts."

"Everyone listen up! If part or all of your team is outside that barrier, you were just eliminated from the Exams. No exceptions! Those of you inside the barrier can finish checking in and signing the waivers if you haven't already."

It takes a few more minutes before the last of the teams are signed in and the partial teams ejected from inside the barrier by force if necessary. The final count of teams ends up at 39: 4 Ame, 2 Iwa, 3 Kiri, 12 Konoha, 2 Kumo, 1 Kusa, 7 Suna, 5 Taki, and 3 Uzu. One of the Chunin passes a clipboard to the jounin once check-in is finished.

"Now, fifty teams were admitted for the Exams. Only 39 successfully made it in time to this first stage. Don't expect the official stages of the Exam to be any easier on success rate. I am Jounin Hitokasegi, and I'll be the proctor for the first stage, which will take place in there." She points over her shoulder at the Old Konoha Ruins. "To pass this stage you have to locate information placed within the Ruins and deliver a copy of it to a Chunin at the northern Gate in the next four hours. The correct information has been placed in multiple locations, but you only need the info from one location to pass.

"The rules are simple. Chunin and Special Jounin will be patrolling the Ruins in teams. If you or a member of your team is spotted, you fail. If you attack the patrols, you fail. No damaging or rearranging the correct information at a location. The copied information must be on a scroll to be given to the Chunin at the end. There is no fighting or killing. The Ruins are full of buildings that may collapse, sink into the ground, or topple into the lake at any time. That is why you all signed waivers already.

"Once the time ends, the stage is over. It doesn't matter if you're just feet from the Chunin. If they don't have your scroll in their hands when the time arrives, you fail. They will be checking the information on the scroll you give them, so if it's wrong? You fail. And by 'you fail' up to this point I mean your entire team fails, just so we're clear."

A Chunin opens the gate into the ruins.

"The order that teams checked in was noted, and teams will enter the testing area at one minute intervals in that order."

The first team is sent into the ruins. 18 minutes later, one of the Iwa teams enters. Eight minutes after that, Ojike's team enters. A minute after that, Kamizuki's team will enter. By the 40 minute mark, all teams are in the Ruins and the southern gate is closed.

Start time: 6:15a
Iwa team entered: 6:33a
Ojike's team entered: 6:41a
Kamizuki's team entered: 6:42a
Last team entered by: 6:55a
End time: 10:15a

[Let the games BEGIN.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 14th, 2012, 11:18 pm

OoG: I'm obliged to say this now, by my own habit: This is a Sneaking Mission, Snake.

IG:

As they wait to enter the ruins, Sho lays on the ground, trying to take a quick nap. He yawns.

"Geez, shouldn't have spent so much time flying about..." He closes his eyes, and a couple of minutes later, they open again. "Ugh. Wouldn't have slept well anyway..."

He looks at his team.

"Gah, if I'd just finished that design before the exams this would be easy... Even the prototype would be useful here... Having to avoid being spotted by Chunin while keeping an eye out for some source of info..." He glances at the Suna Team. "At least there's no fighting allowed, though I doubt that'll stop the crazies out for our blood for no good reason. Anyone got some bright ideas?"
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » June 15th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Kotetsu will try not to be overheard when discussing, by talking softly or by separating themselves from the others if necessary.

"I'm not much of an expert on stealth, but we could use henge to avoid being recognized on sight. I have flashbang tags for a distraction and a few breach tags in case we need to go through a wall. Do you have any other options? Also, cooperation with other teams seems like an option here; we might be able to persuade some friendlies to leave unobtrusive markers if they have the possibility."

oog: D-rank breach tags should be able to breach most walls in the ruins, right?
Ristridin

Unread postby Phht » June 15th, 2012, 6:32 pm

oog: D-rank breach tags should be able to breach most walls in the ruins, right?
[Probably. Do keep in mind that blowing a hole in the wall may compromise the stability of the structure. Though if it doesn't look like a civilian structure (or if it looks maintained), you probably shouldn't try to blow a hole in it, just in case.]
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 18th, 2012, 2:32 pm

Ichigo nods at the henge idea as he whispers back, "Actually if we grab the other team, they might be willing to help, though we could possibly use a cat summon to help. Since it won't identify as our team right away."

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » June 18th, 2012, 4:36 pm

oog: Can I assume we covered the cat summons during our introduction?

ig: 'Brilliant! Send it in, let it sneak around, let it enter with another team, scout, rule circumvention... possibilities.'

"Cat summons... Hmm, if a cat won't count as part of our team, I wonder whether we can send one in already for scouting. Without others noticing of course. Maybe send it along with another team before we get started; let everyone think they summoned it. Or just use it as a means of communication, between us or between teams. And yeah, cooperation with another team sounds like a decent idea as well, as long we can avoid being detected while communicating that is."

Kotetsu quickly scans the area, looking for a potential place to summon unobtrusively.

oog: Are radios part of standard equipment? If so, using a cat as a means of communication would probably be unnecessary.
Ristridin

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 23rd, 2012, 1:05 am

oog: Definitely went over that.

"My only concern with summoning one of them and having him or her follow is one of the teams might... wait we can't fight, so they can't do anything. Hmm... we could so get a team kick out that way. I meant, we could be really cruel, have one of our summons follow a group we want kicked out, and then have it make a racket, and poof away when they get caught. However, for now, let's just get a scout ready, that way we can figure out our entry way." Ichigo starts to think on which summon would be best. Preferably one that he wasn't short on catnip for.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Ristridin » June 23rd, 2012, 10:04 am

"That's... a very interesting way to deal with the competition. Especially those teams that won't know who to blame. But I agree, just a scout is fine for now."
Ristridin

Unread postby Phht » June 24th, 2012, 2:12 pm

[As a note: I did that last post as a way for both teams to RP going into the Ruins without needing to do a GM post for "Okay, this team enters the ruins" followed by a "Now this team enters the ruins" soon after. I can go ahead and do that if we need to so things keep flowing.

As for radios... I'm unsure on that. I think there was a point about genin finding radios on one mission and it kinda being a big deal for them, so I'm thinking it's not standard issue. Or at least not for genin. Someone can correct me on that if I'm wrong.]
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 27th, 2012, 10:42 pm

oog: Anyone know whether Random and Zankaru are still posting?
JamestheFox

Unread postby Random_fan » June 28th, 2012, 12:58 am

I'm still here, I've just been blanking on anything to post besides, and then they entered the area.
Random_fan

Unread postby spudman » September 3rd, 2012, 11:17 pm

*Boot to the Head no Jutsu!* :yuush:

All teams are in the Ruins, in case that wasn't clear.

oog:

I'll post the results for the first half hour of the exams tomorrow night, folks.
spudman

Unread postby spudman » September 4th, 2012, 11:49 pm

Thirty-nine teams of genin enter the ruins of Old Konoha, searching for the information they need to pass the first stage. Within the first half hour every team finds one of the sites, but that is where the difficulties begin, as it was not specified how the information is posted at the sites. There is also the constant possibility of running into chunin proctors going about their patrols throughout the area...

At the second location a patrolling chunin pauses. He smirks in a knowing way and then moves on. It is a long moment of quiet until Tamachi comes out from behind his rocky cover.

"That was a close one..."

A larger boy comes up from underneath the ground. "Too close." Kitsuchi agrees and then is clouted about the head by his female teammate. "Ow! Yumeee!"

"Next time I signal for 'cover' you don't look around, just get to cover, got it?"

*sigh* "Yes, Yume."

"Let's just get the information and go already."

-------------------

During this time Ushio, Ichigo, and Kotetsu draw closer to the second location. They are in time to, from a distance, see an Ame team being "escorted" (carried) away from the area by a few proctors. It's likely they foolishly chose to dispute the chunin's decree when they were spotted. Ichigo notices that one of the chunin separates from the others and goes out of view for a moment before returning.

As the proctors depart and the Konoha genin move closer to the site, they notice a team of Uzu kunoichi moving in their direction and will eventually go past them. Unlike their less fortunate, or less skilled Ame counterparts, they were not caught by the recent patrol.

------------------

Raito, Sho, and Kenta also seem to have luck on their side. They comb the areas they look through and manage to find the directions posted on a back alley door. Even better, they have not run across any chunin patrols yet.

The trio feel a chill go down there spine, though Sho gets the worst of it. Should they turn they'll find a familiar team of genin from Suna, the kunoichi named Shanbuyou still glaring at Sho from behind her fan.

"Ugh, of course we run into them..." the white haired Suna boy sighs.

6 Teams Spotted and Failed:
1 Ame
2 Konoha
1 Kumo
1 Suna
1 Taki

33 Teams Remain
spudman

Return to “%s” Mission Central