View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently February 28th, 2020, 7:31 pm



Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Konoha Chunin Exams 
Author Message

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1351
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
Kenta turns around and sees three people he hasn't seen before today.

"I'm sorry, do we know you three?"


September 5th, 2012, 1:30 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 12:46 pm
Posts: 763
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
'Isn't that the team that smashed a Konoha nin into the ground screaming about perverts?'

In a whisper: "I think I saw the Uzu team slam one of us into the ground for doing something perverted, so let's be careful. I'd say avoid if we can. Unless we want to try to cooperate with them?"

oog: Any word from the cat summons? Also, are we currently under henge? The latter might be difficult for trust. Likewise, is it possible to detect a henge on them? Also, is there any indication the Uzu team spotted us in return?

_________________
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual


September 5th, 2012, 2:51 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: The cat was summoned if that's what was intended, but it doesn't have anything to report beyond what the team has seen. As for the henge...no, you're not. Mainly because nobody described what they would henge into.

It is possible to detect a henge on them, you don't detect one (though it is possible you just don't notice it). As for whether they notice you or not...

ig:

Ichigo, Ushio, Kotetsu

The shorter of the trio of kunoichi, the one in the heavy jacket and armor, smiles widely and waves at your team. The one that did the actually slamming of that unfortunate Konoha genin rolls her eyes. The 'samurai' type is calm and stoic.

They're on a close, but not direct path to your team. If they stay on track, they'll pass you about fifty feet to your left.

-----------------------

Sho, Raito, Kenta

"No, but Wakana-hime..." the white-haired boy begins to say, the 'hime' added with a snarky tone. This earns him a shove from the boy in the jumpsuit. "she made sure we know who that guy is." he nods toward Sho.

By this point, Wakana has shifted her annoyed glare to her mouthy teammate.

"I don't know what you did for her to have such a mad on for you, man, but I'm impressed. Any tips you can offer?"


September 5th, 2012, 9:59 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 12:46 pm
Posts: 763
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
'Take your pick on personalities... Want to convince myself that it's just luck so badly... At least I can wave back; shouldn't be a problem, right? Seems nice enough...'

Kotetsu will smile and wave as well.

_________________
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual


September 6th, 2012, 1:26 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: September 10th, 2011, 4:17 am
Posts: 1013
Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
Sho frowns at the white-haired boy's statement. "Well, apparently I don't know who I am," Sho mutters to himself. "Sorry, not sure why she's so fixated on me of all people. I was kinda hoping you could tell me."

He twitches his fingers nervously, looking for any debris he could use his chakra strings to trigger an avalanche with, if things get rough. 'No, just calm down. No fighting allowed for this part of the exams.'

"Um, maybe this is stupid to ask, but since we're, you know, not allowed to fight (or kill) during this task, how about we work together? You know, show some good ol' Konoha-Suna friendship!"

_________________
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.


September 6th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Profile

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 673
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
Ichigo sighs at the report from the cat as he thinks over their plan of attack. The Uzu team draws him out and as they wave, he smiles and waves back.

"Well, how good is your sneaking, KK?"

_________________
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.


September 6th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
Ichigo, Kotetsu, Ushio

The Uzu kunoichi continue in the opposite direction as your team, drawing closer until....they pass right by now. Of course they aren't looking for a fight right now.

Right now you cannot see anything in between you and the location where that chunin patrol caught that Ame team.

Care to explore the area?

In the meantime, another Konoha team was spotted by the chunin patrol near this location as they left.

1 Konoha Team Spotted and Failed:

32 Teams Remain.

-------------------

Raito, Kenta, Sho

"That will not happen." Wakana says from behind her fan. "Know this, there is no fixation. I find you a very irritating pest I intend to squash. However, I will let you know why-"

Wakana cuts herself off as she and the others tilt their heads in the same direction, though Wakana quickly returns her stare to Sho.

"A patrol approaches, don't get yourselves caught."

All three Suna nin then disappear from the alley, their escape concealed by sudden gusts of sand and wind.

On the positive side, Wakana did warn you...on the negative side she probably only did so so that she can do horrible things to you later. Also on the down side is the fact that the sand and wind is a giant neon sign to the proctors that something is amiss and you're the schmucks that are still in the alley. Then again, that same sand and wind does buy you a moment to react and try to avoid the patrol's notice.

So, all things considered you're coming out of this about even. Yeah...not really, sucks to be you.


oog: stealthy time, kiddies. Genjutsu, ninjutsu, sougoujutsu, acrobatics, whatever you can come up with to avoid detection. You're in an alley betweeen two buildings. Both buildings have a door in the alley(and hey! there's the information you needed posted on the one on the right!) but you don't know if the doors are locked or not. The building on the left also has a first-floor window that is busted open.


September 7th, 2012, 11:15 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: September 10th, 2011, 4:17 am
Posts: 1013
Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: Pressing L+R to flee.

Okay, maybe not. Hmmm... Which direction did the Suna team all look in? Is the path in the other direction clear?

Ig:

'Damnit! Stupid contrived interrupting...' Sho summons two Mitsubachi Type 4, records the info on the door with the Cameras attached to them, grabs one of the cassetes hastily (with the intention of trying to read the film as a last resort later), and sends them fluttering into the skies. If left with nothing else, Sho will take his team and substitute with the puppet, then hope that his Haya can support all three of them from freefall. If that works, he'll be able to glide them mostly to safety. If not... well, who wants pancakes?

_________________
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.


September 8th, 2012, 1:56 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 12:46 pm
Posts: 763
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
'No smoke tags... Why didn't I bring smoke tags... Guess my escapes will have to be more flashy'

"Decent. I didn't take many real courses, but tags work MUCH better if your opponents don't know where you planted them. We can also set a flashbang tag on a timer for a timed distraction, say by leaving it here and getting some distance between us and the tag. I only have three timer tags with me, so we can't rely on that too often though. And the timing might have to be fairly precise to be of use. Without a timer, we only have a couple of seconds to get away."

_________________
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual


September 8th, 2012, 6:14 am
Profile

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1351
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
"Great plan, or we could just run up that wall into that open window, wait for the chunin to pass and then continue on."


September 9th, 2012, 4:08 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: September 10th, 2011, 4:17 am
Posts: 1013
Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: Sho's not quite thinking straight. He's under stress, has a Suna ninja out for his blood, and hasn't slept more than a wink since before the exams started. He's mostly just trying everything that comes to mind.

Has anyone on the team recorded the info on the door yet? Aside from Sho's puppets, which without a screen to play the recording back are useless. Unless someone has a magnifying glass or something. Sho should probably invest in picture camera versions of his puppets, they'd probably be better suited to the field.

ig: "And if they come inside? We'd be sitting ducks, unless we have a backup plan... Like clones." Sho forms a seal, summoning a trio of clones, looking like the team. "Cloney and pals here will lead them away." The clones salute and run off.

Sho is looking tired, but he jumps into the window, as per Kenta's suggestion. If the patrol comes in and there's no other way out, he will attempt to substitute his team with his Mitsubachi.

_________________
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.


September 9th, 2012, 1:09 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: The Suna team left up and over the wall in the back of the alley. The alley's entrance is in the general direction that they looked before, so it probably won't be clear in a moment.

Raito hasn't been doing anything (Zank...get back in here!), so I guess he had time to look it over once.


September 9th, 2012, 8:22 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
Kotetsu, Ushio, Ichigo

Efforts at stealth prove unnecessary, there are no chunin proctors or other teams in the vicinity when you arrive at the area where the Ame team was hauled off. It is an intersection surrounded mostly by unidentifiable ruins, with the exception of what looks to be an old theater and what you think might was a barbeque restaurant from the sign.

There isn't anything else of note in view, though you're pretty sure the chunin that had briefly separated from his team went north down this street for a bit, before disappearing from view and later reappearing when he rejoined the group.

-------------

Sho, Kenta, Raito

The Mitsubachi puppets fly into the air, leaving Sho and the others with just enough time to make some clones that move out as a diversion and then dive through the window.

The inside of the building looks like it used to be an ice cream shop, remains of tables and faded decorations the clues. Likely it was a business on the first floor of the building as there is a doorway that visibly leads to a stairwell.

It's nice to have options, because you swear that glass you stepped on might as well have been a flashbang tag. D'oh.

But apparently it isn't as bad as you thought. The chunin patrol stopped at the top of the building you were on, but thanks to the other distractions that are actively fleeing the scene they quickly move on.


September 10th, 2012, 9:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: September 10th, 2011, 4:17 am
Posts: 1013
Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: Must... not... jinx it...

I take it there are Chunin chasing the Mitsubachi as well?

ig: Sho waits for a few tense moments after the Chunin Patrol leave. Once he is certain they've left, he sighs. He pulls out a storage scroll, producing from it another scroll.

"So, should we hide a little longer?" He asks in a whispher, "or grab the info and get out?"

The Mitsubachi continue to move away from Sho's location.

_________________
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.


September 11th, 2012, 11:17 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: two chunin, one for each. But the puppets won't hold their attention forever...


September 11th, 2012, 8:13 pm
Profile

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1351
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
"I suggest getting out now, any time spent here is time that another patrol could come, or that patrol could come back."

If Sho has no objections Kenta makes sure there are no patrols in sight before jumping down from the building and getting the infomation they need before heading off.


September 12th, 2012, 3:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: September 10th, 2011, 4:17 am
Posts: 1013
Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
"Right. Cloney and the Mitsubachi can't run forever."

_________________
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.


September 12th, 2012, 10:50 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 12:46 pm
Posts: 763
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
ooc: I thought only Ichigo spotted the chunin separating from the others? If not...

"Ichi, maybe we should check where that proctor was going? He could have been resetting a trap, but could also be checking the information we need..."

_________________
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual


September 15th, 2012, 3:40 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: Ah, right. Ichigo was the only one who saw that, but whatever.

ig:

Ichigo, Ushio, Kotetsu

Your team checks the area where the proctor had separated from his team to go to. On a corner is a street sign. 'Platypus Crossing'...odd, but just below that is another sign with numbers on it, coordinates, and a set of directions.

Raito, Sho, Kenta

Kenta gathers the coordinates and directions from the posting on the door and your team is off.

oog:

Any actions you guys still want to take get to them. Phht will probably be posting the next half-hour 'round' of this test.


September 15th, 2012, 9:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 12:46 pm
Posts: 763
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: Just swipe for traps and copy the information I guess. Is there anything that indicates whether this is in fact the correct information? If it seems to be correct...

"Lucky! I guess we check for traps, copy the info and head for the northern gate?"

_________________
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual


September 16th, 2012, 8:35 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: September 10th, 2011, 4:17 am
Posts: 1013
Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
Sho manipulates the Mitsubachi to have them move towards outside the border of the exam grounds nearest to the team's goal. Once he feels they've moved to that point, he'll drop them. He'll come back for them after the test.

_________________
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.


September 16th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Profile

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 673
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: Sorry about the late response. Also, think the cat summon is still around, but not sure, if not, ignore the question to it.

"Hey, I think this might be the information that we need to copy and pass on to the judges at the end." Pulling out a scroll, he prepares to start right down the information.

"KK, Ushio, and Cat-sama, can you keep an eye out while I get this written down. I should be able to get myself underground if a proctor comes with enough warning."

_________________
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.


September 17th, 2012, 1:44 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 23rd, 2011, 12:46 pm
Posts: 763
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
If the area seems to be clear of traps:

"Got it Ichi. We'll keep an eye out for you. Ushi, Cat-sama, let's split up for a bit to try to cover most entry points. Try to stay close enough to regroup immediately."

Kotetsu will try to find a spot nearby to hide and keep an eye out.

_________________
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual


September 17th, 2012, 4:28 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
oog: Sorry for this not being an actual update. The rolls for the next round have been done, but the results have to be written up. Several teams passed, a little sooner than expected, so...yeah.


September 30th, 2012, 8:53 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: January 20th, 2011, 5:14 pm
Posts: 1532
Unread post Re: Konoha Chunin Exams
Just past the gate of the exit for the First Exam, Abunai and her chunin underlings wait for the first teams to finish the test. The area past the gate is an open patch of dirt and scraggly plants. In the middle of the area is a large open air tent with a few chunin sitting at a table beneath it. On both sides of the table stand lines of chunin that curve and continue toward the gate.

"Senpai..." a chunin pipes up, drawing Abunai's attention toward what he is looking at. A team approaching the exit.

"Only 31 minutes in..." Abunai mutters, but then smirks, a show of interest.

The first team to arrive is the cloaked team from Waterfall. And if they intended to make an impression of strength, they are on the right track.

------------------------------------------------

It is 58 minutes into the test for Raito, Sho, and Kenta when they see the exit gate. They pass through and continue to the table unharassed. You need to get the info you got from the door to the proctors to complete the test, but that shouldn't be a problem at this point. They'll notice several teams have already arrived in the area. The mysterious Taki team that arrived first, but also the team of Uzu kunoichi...

...and the Universe may actually be out to get Sho, because the Suna kunoichi Wakana and her teammates are there as well.

Another Uzu and Taki team are also in the area, but they're random fodders, so nobody cares about them.

------------------------------------------

Meanwhile; Ushio, Ichigo, and Kotetsu have yet to find the exit. You're NOT lost. You're just not sure where you are right now, yeah, that's it.

----------------------------------------

(within earshot of Ushio, Ichigo, and Kotetsu)

"Admit it, Tsukasa. We're lost." a turquoise-haired grass kunoichi says.

"We're not lost. Just...a little off track that's all." a young man disagrees.

"That's lost." the girl mumbles, a grunt of agreement from their larger companion.

"We just need to retrace our steps. It'll be fine."

---------------------------------

1 Suna team spotted and failed

1 Konoha team passes first stage
1 Suna team passes first stage
2 Taki teams pass first stage
2 Uzu teams pass first stage

31 Teams Remain (6 teams pass so far)


October 6th, 2012, 10:22 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.