Public discourse

Re: Public discourse

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 9:31 pm

"So, where you guys from, and what got you dragged to this nuthouse? I'm from the States m'self. Guy who shanghai'd me said I had a knack for alchemy. Though the way he said knack was about the same tone my dad used to describe the people who worked under him. And never in a complimentary fashion."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » June 1st, 2011, 9:32 pm

"Oh don't worry Max, its only an illusion." Othello said, with a snap of his fingers. The coat quickly reverted back to its old form, Othello nodding slightly as he grinned. "Oh, by the way, now that we're friends you can call me "Mr. Tiddles" if you like. A lot of my friends in Wales called me Mr. Tiddles." Othello said, turning to Clara.

"And sure, its scary, but isn't any place that's new scary? Its not like we'll be here forever, we'll have to leave eventually. In the meantime, we should do our best to make as many new friends as possible, to make this place feel like home." Othello said, grinning slightly as he looked back to Elizabeth.

"Well then Eliza, how about we all get to know each other better? Then we'll know lots about each other and you'll know if this is a good idea. Personally, I think it could be smashing for us all to be friends." Othello said, grinning ear-to-ear at all three of them.
Arganaut

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 9:33 pm

Max smiled at Clara's comment before turning his head to Elizibeth. Max shrugged before speaking. "None of us really know anything about the others. To not make friends because of that fact will leave you friendless. But I understand your hesitation. If you change your mind and wish to make friends at a later date we can discuss it."
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 1st, 2011, 9:34 pm

Ancell looked back at Benny, who seemed to be trying to force the conversation into a more unified direction. He could get behind that.

"Glasgow, myself. Guy showed up at my door, said I was going to magic school whether I liked it or not."
bookworm702

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 9:35 pm

"Australia," Shannon replied, as if her rather distinct accent didn't already give it away, "A beach town called Byron Bay, and I've got alchemy too."
serbii

Unread postby gman391 » June 1st, 2011, 9:36 pm

"Hi I'm Shawn. Ancell and Ben could you please hear me out? Da Bien this was easier back home. Alright I just wanted to talk with Ancell to see how he felt about being friends. If you hadn't noticed this place isn't friendly. To make it through I think we all need allies and friends. That's all I wanted to do." Shawn says.

He's now standing instead of leaning.

"I'm from Surrey Canada. The ahem outreach worker said that I was good at hiding. And it was because of magic. Didn't exactly want to go but...when a man can find you inside an abandoned warehouse an entire city away from where you were. You don't exactly have a choice."
Last edited by gman391 on June 1st, 2011, 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 1st, 2011, 9:36 pm

Nikola gives a nervous smile, and introduces himself.

"Zdravo...er Hello. I'm Nikola Jacobson. It's nice to meet you all. I'm from Ljubljana. I made a bolt of lightning on accident and this woman showed up about a week ago, and told me I had to come here to learn."

Nikola decides to leave out the fact that he also hit himself with said lightning bolt.
I've got enough issues already thank you very much.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 9:40 pm

Shannon turned to Shawn, "Everyone's been friendly so far, I know that we had to come, but we don't need to make it horrible here for each other do we?" she asked, a slight appeal in her voice.
serbii

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 1st, 2011, 9:42 pm

Ancell looked back at Shawn, more annoyed than angry this time. "Then try being a little more friendly, maybe. And another maybe, for your question." Friends were a rarity in his life, and a possibility of possibly gaining another sounded good. But this seemed less like friendship and more like trying to band together for protection. He shrugged mentally. Well, that's exactly what he wanted, now that he thought about it. It was probably the best way of surviving with the situation like it was. Friendship could come later, if it ever did.
bookworm702

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 1st, 2011, 9:42 pm

Elizabeth zipped up the duffel bag and looked at Clara blankly with a hint of a frown. "I do. Though I think they won't let us leave even if we could. I have no idea where we are. My recruiter, I think she had me teleported here. Perhaps we should look outside later?"

She frowned even deeper suddenly at their words, but said to the two boys, "Alright. That makes .. sense."
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 9:43 pm

Benny grins a little. "A lightning bolt huh? Guess you were well named." his face goes serious. "So how many of you were told that you were either gonna come here or your entire family was gonna take a dirt nap?"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » June 1st, 2011, 9:46 pm

"Sorry Ancell. Where I'm from that was being friendly. As for the family thing? Can't say they did. But it doesn't surprise me. It's part of the reason why I think this place has bad voodoo. No place that forces you to come like they did for most of us can be good." Shawn says.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby ewuvi » June 1st, 2011, 9:47 pm

"Thank you Elizabeth," Clara smiled. "We can explore together, and maybe swap books?"

"And Othello, friends are all very well and good, but what of the ones back home? And our parents? What if we're needed?"
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 9:49 pm

"Um... no? I don't think your recruiter was very good. Mine just kind of explained things."
serbii

Unread postby Arganaut » June 1st, 2011, 9:50 pm

Othello smiled at Elizabeth, grinning from ear to ear. "Good on you Eliza, I promise we'll be very good friends!" Othello said as he turned to Clara. "Well, of course I think about them. We should: they're the ones who got us to where were are so that we might see today. We'll think about our friends and family for strength and happiness, reminding us of where we have to return to. In the meanwhile, we'll make good friends here so that we'll have good people to tell our friends and family about." Othello said with a wide grin.

"I know for one that I don't want to go back home without being able to tell my mother and father that I made amazing friends."
Arganaut

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 9:52 pm

"You can look outside if you like, but we're in a rift in reality. No going home for us yet. We have to make it through all the years." Shrugging like it wasn't really a big deal. "If you agree to a cursory alliance I can write my parents and ask them to keep an eye on your family. Make sure nothing untoward happens to them while we are here."
Darkandus

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 1st, 2011, 9:52 pm

Nikola's smile widens a bit at the first part, but quickly disappears at the question, and he stares at him for a moment.

"She didn't say anything like that to me."

A cold stone drops into the pit of his stomach. The bad feeling he was feeling just keeps growing. He nervously starts fiddling with a keychain shaped like an X with three horizontal lines crossing it at different heights.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby ewuvi » June 1st, 2011, 9:55 pm

"Cursory alliance? Do I have to sign a contract or something?" Clara joked, then turned serious. "I would be forever in your debt if you could do that for me."
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 9:55 pm

"Mine essentially told me that I had power, and that I was going to come here for training, or he'd kill me and my family. I think this place is gonna get pretty damn dangerous. And rule number one when you're in a dangerous position? Find allies to cover your weaknesses and help them cover theirs. We're in the deep end now, make no mistake of that. Hell, I'd feel safer if I'd been dropped into Xen'drik with you guys than here."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » June 1st, 2011, 9:57 pm

"What the hell is Xen'drik? And I agree with you Ben."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 1st, 2011, 9:58 pm

"That would be nice." She responded, smiling a bit until Clara continued on speaking. Her face turned blank as Elizabeth processed her words. "They forced you to come? That's .. horrible."

She turned to Max at his words, a realization growing in her eyes. She had traded one prison for another one. She calmed herself down immediately and shoved it all to the corner.
Last edited by LifeOfGesture on June 1st, 2011, 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 1st, 2011, 9:59 pm

"Not on my end, but I think he would have if he thought he needed to. Now, we can talk later. Right now, we need to find a place to stay. I assume that's what you were all thinking?"

Right now, the initial surge should be about ending, he thought. It was now the beginning of the long haul until the hour was up and the rooms finalized. If they were going to gang together, they needed to act soon to find and fortify the place they chose to take. ...This was incredibly bizarre. But there was nothing to it but to try and do his best.
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 1st, 2011, 9:59 pm

Kirana has some difficulty following the conversation as it progresses so quickly, so she stays quiet for a time. At last she speaks up.
"My name is Kirana," she says for the benefit of those not already aware. "I was in Kansas when I was informed that it was necessary for me to attend this school. It is wonderful to meet you all, and I hope we can be friends!"
Though it has changed in nuance, the smile has not left Kirana's face since she arrived at this school.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 10:01 pm

"It's a place from a world in Dungeons and Dragons. Take the most hostile jungle in the universe, pack it with all manner of ancient guardians and dinosaurs, mix well and add in dragons and giants and horrors from beyond to taste." Ben looks over at Kirana. "Kansas huh? Cool. What can you do?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 10:02 pm

Max grinned. "Shouldn't be too much problem unless there is outside interference." He failed to mention the job would probably be done with dead things. Mother was a fabulous necromancer, the dead marched to the tune she set. "So. Want to look for rooms?"
Darkandus

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life