Public discourse

Re: Public discourse

Unread postby gman391 » June 6th, 2011, 10:58 pm

"Both wrong Ancell. Not one or the other. Both. You both wanted to do the right thing but went about it the wrong way."

Shawn trails off into a pidgin of Cantonese and Punjabi swears. Clearly frustrated with Ben and Ancell.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 6th, 2011, 11:01 pm

"Madre de Dios, concédame su paciencia y serenidad," Kirana murmurs. "Everyone, please stay calm, please..."
Her tone takes on a pleading quality, and her smile is small and wavering, overshadowed by worry.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Arganaut » June 6th, 2011, 11:02 pm

"'Cool', huh? Well, I don't get being 'cool'. Its nice enough having friends and making them happy." Othello said with a grin, before turning to Lily. "And that sounds so amazing. You know, before coming here, I wanted to go around Europe to see the sights. Was going to turn the Brandenburg Gate indigo too." Othello said, a small chortle accompanying the statement.
Arganaut

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 6th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Damnit, now the punk was ganging up on him, too!?

*Oh, get off your high horse, you ninny! Does he look like he's bullying you? He's willing to admit he was wrong, that's a damn apology. Now take it!*
*Yeah, after you admit *you* were wrong! Just a damn cop out so he doesn't look like the bad guy. Asshole can't look like he's the bad one, he's got to make sure he's standing high and dry.*
*And what are you going to do to him? He's not a bully, he's just a stupid kid who made a mistake. Like you. Unlike you, he just admitted he was wrong. You going to let *him* be the better man!?*

For several tense minutes, Ancell eats, practically attacking his food. Finally, he notices what he's doing, frowns, and puts down his knife. After several more seconds, he grits his teeth and offers his hand. "Fine."
Last edited by bookworm702 on June 6th, 2011, 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm702

Unread postby serbii » June 6th, 2011, 11:11 pm

Meanwhile, at the :) table.
"Sounds amazing," Shannon agrees, eating her banana.
serbii

Unread postby ewuvi » June 6th, 2011, 11:13 pm

"It's not that you annoyed me, it's that I was concerned you were going to work yourself up so much that you'd explode and all we'd have left of you would be a cloud of glitter and rainbows."
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 6th, 2011, 11:15 pm

Benny takes the offered hand in a loose grip and gives it a moderate shake. "So, if you're still interested in that door security setup, I'm still all for hooking you and your roomie up."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wittgen » June 6th, 2011, 11:17 pm

"It had its perks, there's no denying. I got immunizations for every disease under the sun, I can eat anything, and I've seen some really beautiful things. Of course, there were some downsides. I mean, I've never been around so many people my age who could speak English before. At least, not since that year in Waco, and honestly, nine was an awkward age for me." Lily nods with intense faux seriousness, but the smile quickly fights her way back on to her face. "I guess that's part of why I'm so excited for this crazy magic school thing." Having finished her food, Lily sips her juice contentedly.

"But turning a major monument purple? You weren't worried about how that might go down for you?"
Wittgen

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 6th, 2011, 11:19 pm

"Dunno. What do you think about it, guys?" Ancell looks at Kirana and Shawn.
bookworm702

Unread postby Arganaut » June 6th, 2011, 11:19 pm

Othello couldn't help but smile lightly as the thought sank in. "Oh, what a way to go." He muttered quietly, before smiling at Clara.

"Alright Clara, I'll make sure I don't work myself up to the point of being all explodey." Othello said, before a mirthful grin painted itself on his features. "So thanks Clara, for being concerned. I appreciate it."

"And yeah, I could see the disadvantage of so much traveling." Othello said, before grinning. "But still, now you're at this school with us, and I think we'll all be great friends."

"And I'd turn it back. Not like I'd keep it purple forever."
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » June 6th, 2011, 11:21 pm

"Can we get a rain check on that? I still want to try the Germans."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 6th, 2011, 11:24 pm

"Why not layer them? I'm planning on asking Othello if he can add some illusions to what I've already set up, and see if he can key them to me."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 6th, 2011, 11:26 pm

With the winding-down of hostilities, Kirana's smile returns to full cheeriness.
"It sounds like a fine idea to me. I think we can convince the Soldaten to let Benjamin work his spell."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 6th, 2011, 11:26 pm

Nikola enters the room, a preoccupied look in his eye as he walks, a sling style backpack over one shoulder. He has a few new nicks and cuts on his hands, but nothing he would really notice anymore. He grabs some yogurt, a bagel and a grapefruit and finally looks around, appraising the crowd. There is some kind of row going on at one table, and Nik decides to steer clear of that. He spies Shannon and a few others sitting and having what appeared to be pleasant conversation, so he moves toward that one. He moves to a seat near Othello and smiles slightly, shifts from one foot to the other once before he catches himself and stands still, though he unconsciously seems to have begun fiddling with his keychain with a free hand again.

"Um, do you guys mind if I sit here?"
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby gman391 » June 6th, 2011, 11:27 pm

"The Germans haven't said yes. So I want to see if they do before I start layering anything. Don't want to have them working against each other after all"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 6th, 2011, 11:30 pm

Kirana nods in agreement.
"A good point. We should await their answer."
She smiles apologetically at Benjamin.
"I am sorry, but perhaps we could get back to you on the matter?"
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 6th, 2011, 11:31 pm

"Ah. It's okay." Elizabeth said, still smiling from the image of Othello exploding into glitter and rainbows. It would fit, she thought. "I'm Elizabeth Kim."
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby serbii » June 6th, 2011, 11:31 pm

Shannon looks up at him with a smile, "Go ahead, the more the merrier," she glances at the other table, "Well, in theory."
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » June 6th, 2011, 11:32 pm

Lily gestures to the chair. "Please do. My name is Lily. It's a pleasure to meet you." She holds out her hand to shake the newcomer's.
Wittgen

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 6th, 2011, 11:35 pm

Benny nods. "Of course. And the offer to check out my laptop after classes is still open to anyone who wants to check out my system. As a matter of fact," he looks over at Kirana, "I'm pretty sure that I have "Beauty and the Beast" saved on my external harddrive. That and the extra batteries should let you watch the whole thing if you want."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » June 6th, 2011, 11:36 pm

"Othello Maria Tiddles The Eighteenth, Esquire, pleased to meet you." Othello said to the newcomer, a big grin on his face. "You're very much welcome to our table."
Arganaut

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 6th, 2011, 11:37 pm

Nikola immediately relaxes, and his smile becomes more natural as he shifts his pack off of his back and only the floor as he sits down, one foot planted firmly on the strap. He sets his food down and quietly slips the keychain back into his pocket when he realizes what he had been doing, introducing himself as he does so, and shaking the offered hand.

"Thanks. my name's Nikola Jacobson."
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 6th, 2011, 11:39 pm

"It's looking like a firm 'Thanks, but no thanks', Benny. So...you play games?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 6th, 2011, 11:40 pm

Kirana claps her hands delightedly.
"That would be most kind of you!" she says with a grateful smile.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 6th, 2011, 11:42 pm

Benny nods. "Yup. Dungeons & Dragons, Shadowrun, Mutants & Masterminds, Munchkin... I've got some pretty heavy nerd cred. And thanks to some of the sessions I've played through, a highly over-developed sense of paranoia."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life