Public discourse

Re: Public discourse

Unread postby ewuvi » June 1st, 2011, 8:55 pm

"Ah, my name is Clara Bell," Clara said slowly, looking at both of them, before smiling. "A pleasure, to be sure."
ewuvi

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 1st, 2011, 8:57 pm

"Othello Maria Tiddles the Eighteenth, Esquire?" Elizabeth mumbled to herself, looking down as she committed it to memory. Then she raised her head back up and looked at the bag of chocolates, mildly non plussed. " .. I'm sorry, but no thank you."

She then blinked at the new interruption and turned to face the newcomer. "My name is Elizabeth Kim."
Last edited by LifeOfGesture on June 1st, 2011, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 1st, 2011, 8:58 pm

Kirana resumes her perusal of the room. After a moment, she says softly to Shawn while glancing sidelong at Ancell, "I do believe the young man in the glasses, the one with the scar on his face, is listening to us. Perhaps we should include him in our conversation?"
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » June 1st, 2011, 9:00 pm

Shawn looks him over.

"Yeah alright. I'll give him a chance."

He calls out.
"Hey kid the one in the glasses and the monkey suit. What's your name?"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Arganaut » June 1st, 2011, 9:01 pm

Othello nodded, withdrawing the bag of chocolates as he looked at the three of them.

"Elizabeth, do you mind if I call you Eliza, Clara-" He turned his body all the way, looking over Max. "-Max. You've already heard my name from her so I'll spare you the introduction." Othello said with a grin, extending his hands out to shake each of theirs in turn. "Good to meet all of you."
Arganaut

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 9:02 pm

Benny nodded as he watched Othello head off, making a mental note to talk to the other teen about potential collusion at a later date. 'Battlefield control trumps pure power most of the time, and illusions are the mainstay of that.' Glancing around, he made note of two smiling figures that were setting off every danger sense he had, and a few he hadn't until right at that moment. Noting them as dangerous and not to be meddled with, he continued to let his gaze roam, before lighting on another teen in a semi-formal suit. Giving a gallic shrug, he walked over to him, making sure to approach in sight. "Howdy, name's Benny. Who're you?" He noted that this put him within earshot of the two smiling terrors. Just as he spoke, one of the two called over, though he was being rude as hell about it.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 9:03 pm

Shannon snapped out of her daze, glancing around. She was tired, it didn't really matter where they were, pretty much everything was a long journey from small town Australia. She sighed softly as she straightened her rumpled clothes; a soft leather skirt over a flowery petticoat to her knees, leggings and much loved knee high boots, a ribboned cotton shirt and a soft woolen jacket. Her hair pulled into a messy bun over one shoulder. She rocked on her heels, a combination of excitement, nerves and jet lag and looked to catch someone's eye.
serbii

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 1st, 2011, 9:04 pm

Ancell glared at the kid talking to him. He looked like an average tough from Glasgow. Normally, he would have tried to accomadate him, give him what he want and hoped he didn't attract his ire. But he refused to be that person anymore.

"What's it to you?" Ancell says in a tone that is at once both sharp and questioning.

Suddenly, another guy approaches him and greets him. Well, at least he was more polite.

"Ancell, pleasure." He replies in a quieter and more deferential tone.
Last edited by bookworm702 on June 1st, 2011, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bookworm702

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 9:06 pm

Max nodded to the two ladies. Shaking hands with all of them, abomination included, but my his eyes hurt when he looked directly at those clothes. "I'm not one to beat around the bush. I probably have more information on this place than most people, not too much though. My parents want me to be challenged. But I do know loners are eaten alive. Sometimes literally. Mother says there is always at least one Cannibal in the group. Either way, I propose an alliance, and perhaps friendship.”
Last edited by Darkandus on June 1st, 2011, 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 1st, 2011, 9:07 pm

"Ah. Well it's okay if you do." Elizabeth said, shaking his hand with her own as her eyes dart around the group. Then she turned her head to Max, blinking a few times at his words.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby ewuvi » June 1st, 2011, 9:09 pm

Clara nods, "Friends sound...good...to have in such a place. So, your parents were aware of what was to come, Max?" Clara asked, intrigued. Perhaps her parents had known, and simply hadn't told her?
ewuvi

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 1st, 2011, 9:10 pm

Kirana smiles reassuringly at both glasses-boy and the young man whose jacket was pink earlier.
"Shawn was a bit rude about it, but we were merely curious as to why you were eavesdropping on our conversation," she says pleasantly.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 9:12 pm

Benny, noting the arrival of another, rather sleepy looking girl, nods in her direction as he speaks to Ancell. "What say you and I make the acquaintance of the newest arrival, and compare notes on what got us dragged into the madhouse?"

Turning to the girl who had also set his internal preservation instincts up to 11, he smiled politely. "I'm sure that my friend here was merely curious. Nothing wrong with a healthy sense of curioosity, so long as it's tempered, right Ancell?" He nudges the other teen from behind, making sure that neither the girl nor the tough see the move.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » June 1st, 2011, 9:13 pm

"Sorry. I just wanted to talk. If Ben wants to join he can. Don't worry we're not going to bite or anything" Shawn says
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 9:14 pm

"Indeed, my parents are magic users. My family hs used the school for generations to weed out the unworthy. Telling me would be an unfair advantage, basically saying hey do not believe I am strong enough to survive. It would be a terrible insult."
Darkandus

Unread postby Arganaut » June 1st, 2011, 9:14 pm

Othello barely heard Elizabeth's confirmation of the use of Eliza, as Othello suddenly gasped and clasped his hands together.

"Oh, MARVELOUS! You want to be friends, already? Well, I'm completely shocked Max, I've never had someone want to be my friend so quickly! Oh yes, this will be a jolly old time." Othello said, lunging forward to wrap Max up in a hug, patting the young man's back as the Welshman grinned. Releasing Max from the hug, Othello's grin held, rubbing his hands together slightly.

"But first, you have to answer one question... what do you think of this new color for your coat!" Othello shouted slightly, everyone looking at Max to see his coat changed from red to silver, with golden glitter sparkling on top of it, grabbing the attention of most anyone.
Arganaut

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 9:16 pm

Max plastered on a friendly smile as he was assaulted. "Oh, the silver is alright, but I would rather my clothes stayed the same colour they were. It makes dressng well so much easier."
Darkandus

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 1st, 2011, 9:18 pm

Ancell feels surrounded, bombarded by many separate people talking to him and several events happening around him. He takes a step back from both the man who nudged him and the duo.

"What the hell is wrong with you people? and Benny, I'm fine here, thanks." Last thing he needed was to be dragged off alone with an unknown. His face darkened as he remembered his experiences with that kind of event.
bookworm702

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 9:19 pm

Seeing a group of students (Benny and co) looking at her Shannon walks over to join them, "Um, Hi." She says, smiling in a friendly manner.
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 9:24 pm

Benny, upon seeing the darkening look on Ancell's face, realized that he'd probably pushed the other teen a bit too far. Backpedaling, he smiled and nodded. "Right then Ancell, I suppose we'll see each other around then." Turning to the girl who had come up to the group, Benny smiled widely and extended his hand. "Howdy. Benny DeTauro, at your service."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 1st, 2011, 9:25 pm

Elizabeth took a few steps back, dragging her bags with her as she stared at the two boys. While her face remained blank, her mouth kept moving for a few seconds without a single word. Then she drew herself together again.

"I don't know any of you at all, so I don't know if this would be a good idea." She stated, as she started to put away her book in the duffel bag. It also gave her a convenient excuse to avoid looking at Max.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 1st, 2011, 9:27 pm

Nikola runs a hand through his hair nervously as he gives the crowd a cursory once over.

Oh Mati, what do I do? I've never been very good with people...

But Mom always told him he should at least try, lecturing him about how it wasn't good to be cooped up in his room all the time, so he sighs and, adjusting his glasses, looks around for a likely person. He finally notices a girl dressed in a wool jacket and leather skirt that looks almost as nervous as he feels. Taking a deep breath, he starts to approach her, but misses his chance as she walks toward a group already in a conversation and introduces herself. So he follows, hoping he can find some way to involve himself in the conversation.

I need to at least try. and I really don't want to be a loner anymore.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby ewuvi » June 1st, 2011, 9:28 pm

Clara's left eyebrow raises and she gives a slight laugh at Max's new jacket.

"It is rather, well, flamboyant? But I don't think it's anything to be overly concerned about," she turned to Elizabeth. "It's scary, isn't it? I have no idea why they would...and I had a home, a good one. It's terrifying and I want to be free. I want to be where it's quiet again. Don't you?"
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm

Shannon took his hand, relaxing a little. "Shannon Robinson."

Shannon notices Nikola's approach and waves him over. "Hi, I'm Shannon Robinson and this is Benny DeTauro," she introduces cheerfully.
serbii

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm

What the heck was wrong with these people? They started out acting normal, then quickly turned weird.

Ancell turned to the young lady that just introduced herself. "Nice to meet you."

Seeing another boy tagging behind her, and since everyone seemed to be trying to talk to everyone, Ancell decides to take the initiative. "Hello. My name's Ancell. Pleasure to make your acquaintance."
bookworm702

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life