Public discourse

Re: Public discourse

Unread postby gman391 » June 1st, 2011, 10:33 pm

Shawn resists the urge to facepalm.

"Shannon that's fine but breaking the group before we have a place to stay is what we in the 'hood call a 'bad plan'. Can you wait until breakfast please?"

He looks at Ancell.
"Dude calm down. We may be in a fight for our lives. But pissing people off isn't going to help us."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 10:33 pm

"Right. If we're going to be friends, or at least allies, let's try and find a grouping of rooms close together." With that he hefts his pack and grabs his only other suitcase. After a moment though, he pauses and reaches into his pack with his free hand, withdrawing a long screwdriver, which he twirls between his fingers with the ease of long practice, before tucking it up the sleeve of his jacket in a manner that kept the stub of the handle hidden by his hand, ready to be pulled from his sleeve should the need arise. "Like they say in Shadowrun, 'nothing to fear if you've got the gear', right?"

It's then he realizes that some of the group had wandered off. Turning, and then seeing the potential altercation brewing, the teen stepped up, laying on hand on Ancell's shoulder, specifically the shoulder that was attached to the arm that had grabbed Shannon. "Ease up there Ancell, you're getting a mite bit grabby." He applies the slightest bit of pressure to the space between the teen's collar bone with his thumb.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 1st, 2011, 10:38 pm

Nikola is looking a bit lost, his face starting to pink slightly as he nods to the two that introduced themselves before turning to Shannon, pushing his glasses up his face as he does so, another nervous smile on his face.

"Er, Hi. I'm Nikola. Um, Shannon? Could you let go please? I'd like to meet some other people too, but maybe we should find some rooms first... I'm sure there will be plenty of time to talk at breakfast."
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 1st, 2011, 10:40 pm

Kirana turns her head to offer a friendly smile to Othello.
"My name is Kirana," she says. "It is a pleasure to meet such a cheerful person."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 10:44 pm

Benny takes his hand off of Ancell, figuring that he's made his point, and nods at Othello. "S'up man, good to see you again. Been making friends with more of the chicas I see."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » June 1st, 2011, 10:48 pm

Othello nods to Kirana. "Nice to meet you as well, in my opinion this place could use some more cheer." He said with a grin, before looking over at Benny. "Same to you Benny. Good folks over there, the guy is a bit of a stiff and the other two are a bit nervous, but they're nice people. They'll make amazing friends, I think." Othello said, smiling still.

"Now, I do believe this young lady wished to speak with us. The more chances to make friends the merrier in my opinion. So, I think we'll hang out here for a few more minutes to introduce ourselves before getting to out rooms. Why don't you all go on ahead and find yourselves some rooms. I'm sure you'll be trying to figure out which people will make the best bunk-buddies." Othello said with a cheerful flourish.
Arganaut

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 10:48 pm

Shannon looks between the groups, a little unsure. Glancing between Ancell, Othello and Benny mostly.
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 10:50 pm

Max adressed the entire greater group. "Well, as entertaining as this is we are working on a time limit, so I suggest we break up soon and set out. Missing a timelimit in this place is probably not advisable. At best you will be left without a room. Perhaps we could all get to know each other at breakfast?" He raised an eyebrow towards the other group. "Mr. Tiddles? Help me with the ladies luggage?"
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 10:52 pm

Benny nods slowly. "Methinks what she had in mind was an alliance. We've been thrown into the deep end together, and sticking together may help us fend off the sharks." He looks round the small gathering. "What say you folks? Bonds of alliance, if not friendship, to keep us all from drifting away never to be seen again? And in that vein, perhaps we acquire a suite of rooms that can allow us to turtle up and call on each other should the need arise, without having to go too far afield?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 10:53 pm

Max looked towards the young man who spoke. "Sounds fine to me, as long as we go somewhere soon."
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » June 1st, 2011, 10:54 pm

Clara smiles at Max, and shakes her head at Othello, "Just a moment, Max, please?"

Walking over to Othello and Shannon and Benny, she gives an unsure grin, playing with the zip on her luggage. "Uh, hi? Othello, are these more of your bestest friends?"
ewuvi

Unread postby SLAMU » June 1st, 2011, 10:56 pm

The crowd is starting to thin, clearly delineating between those interested in first choice of the Ateliers and those more interested in socialization. A few feet away is a group of primarily Asian students is standing a few yards away. Every so often one of them will glance around and gesture at one group or another, while another, usually a taller one with a long package near at hand would shake his head. Another boy, this one with bared arms and, from what you can tell, says something else, gesturing at the form of Mr. Tibbles, this time it is a petite, almost miniature, young girl dressed in a dark blue school uniform shakes her head.

Three students, one of them clearly in charge and another two looking like shaved gorillas flanking him approached a redheaded pair, the three of them muttering together and looking at the group of Asians. A black boy, one puberty blessed with height and gangliness, walked out a door behind someone else, finger bones braided into his long hair.

A small, malnourished boy with swarthy skin and dirty, cast off clothing is looking at everyone suspiciously. He carries no luggage with him, but makes toward a nearby door with a strange gait. He passes through it, almost Gollum-like, eyes never leaving people.

A pale boy wearing a particularly nice three piece suit of black and white pinstripe, a red tie with a scarab tie clip is speaking to what looks to be a pair of Arab women, though it is hard to tell with the bhurkas. One of the girls gestures to the Asian group, then toward your group. A question, then they move closer to the group with the redheads and the boy who brought shaved gorillas with him.

Across the room there is a young lady with a lacy fan obscuring most of her features, but is dressed in what looks to be high fashion of the 1920s. She is carrying on an animated conversation with a shorter figure, who you can only see the back of the head of.
SLAMU

Unread postby gman391 » June 1st, 2011, 10:57 pm

Shawn doesn't say anything. Merely goes back to leaning on the wall.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 10:58 pm

Max looked towards the ceiling before pulling out a timepiece.

"Very well."

He glanced around at the others still in the room. Noting them. Most of them seemed likely to be people to keep an eye on.
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » June 1st, 2011, 10:59 pm

Shannon smiles, relieved as the groups make to merge "There's only about a dozen of us, and we're in the the same year. We're not that big a group, I'd rather be together than split it and have it turn into 'us vs them' strength in numbers right?"
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 11:00 pm

Benny nods at Max. "Nothing says we can't talk and move at the same time." He easily hoists his own bag as well as one of the girl's pieces of luggage up with one hand. "Let's mosey."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » June 1st, 2011, 11:01 pm

Othello looked back to Clara. "Well I met Benny here earlier, seems like a good chap if you ask me." Othello said, before turning back to the others with a bit of a sigh.

"Come on guys, lighten up." Othello said with a grin. "The only way this place can be made bad is if we make it bad. Let's stop all this ruckus about 'alliances' and 'defensibility'. We're a group of new possible friends at this amazing school filled with amazingly marvelous magical things." Othello said with a bright smile.

"So how about we all just cool down this edge, go out to find some nice rooms, and then get together for breakfast? As friendly friends." Othello made his appeal, grinning all the while. He notices the other groups of folks gathered about, his grin not faltering as he looked at everyone. "Now then, I say we go and find our rooms, and we be nice about it, okie dokie?" Othello asked aloud. Noticing that people were starting to move, Othello nodded. "Alrighty then." He said with a grin, helping out with Clara's and Elizabeth's bags.
Arganaut

Unread postby ewuvi » June 1st, 2011, 11:04 pm

Clara possessively grabs at her bags, "Uh, sorry, but I'm good?" she smiles, looking curiously around at the new people.

"So, how many to a room? Are we gonna try and share? Or what?"
ewuvi

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 1st, 2011, 11:05 pm

Elizabeth stood there silently and a tad awkwardly. She noted the strange people still hanging about that were not part of the large group near here. She couldn't tell what ethnicity from this distance but there were a group of asian students. She wondered where they were from briefly since the school seemed to be international. Then she wondered how the many students get over the language barrier. Magic perhaps? She almost missed Othello helping her with her things.

"Thank you, you don't have to do that though ..." She said as she watched him.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 11:05 pm

Max couldn't help but laugh. "If I were you I'd be more worried about our seniors than anyone in our year. I've seen fully trained magic users. Awesome in the traditional sense of the word would be accurate. Sharing is fine with me, as long as anyone I'm sharing with keeps firmly on their side of the room."
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2011, 11:07 pm

"Personally I'd have to say keep it to one in each room, even if we're agreeing to be friends we've still only just met. Right now though we need to get a move on before we're left out in the cold, or worse yet scattered throughout the school."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Arganaut » June 1st, 2011, 11:07 pm

"Nonsense Eliza, I'd be happy to help." Othello said, before nodding at Clara. "Alright Clara, if you insist." Othello said quickly, merely nodding to Max as he smiled over at Shannon. "Hello there, I don't believe I got your name miss...?"
Arganaut

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 1st, 2011, 11:07 pm

"If we do not bring misfortune upon ourselves," Kirana calls after Othello, still with that cheerful smile, "the school will bring it upon us. The trials can be overcome, but there will be trials."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Darkandus » June 1st, 2011, 11:09 pm

Max grinned. "Together I'm sure we can convince people to make room for us if we must."
Darkandus

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 1st, 2011, 11:10 pm

Ancell looks around. They were heading off, and so it was time to move.

"Well, I'm off to search for lodging in the general vicinity of 200.384, 184.102, 38.751. Feel free to join me." He then moves to the exit to the west.

Benny...was odd. When he tried to stop Shannon from approaching the other group, everyone reacted hostilely, Benny actually attacking him. Luckily, even he realized that was out of line, and he stopped quickly. With an apology later, he might be able to reconcile with him. But there was a difference between trying to band together, and trying to take control. And Benny was far too close to that line, Ancell mused as he walked down the hallway.
bookworm702

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life