Public discourse

Re: Public discourse

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 8th, 2011, 10:30 pm

"...Riiight. I'll come. Just...don't talk like that."
bookworm702

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 8th, 2011, 10:33 pm

Benny nods, the jocular expression falling. "Right, sorry. Well, I'll see you guys in a few, I'm going to try and round up some of our other breakfast guests."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 8th, 2011, 10:34 pm

"All right then, see you later!" Kirana calls.
Then she turns to Ancell and asks, "Why would we talk about cabbages and kings? It seems like an odd combination of topics."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 8th, 2011, 10:37 pm

"I honestly have no idea, Kirana. Some kind of lame reference, probably. So, anything else you want to do?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Arganaut » June 8th, 2011, 10:39 pm

"Benny. I want a real answer. No dodging, no generalities. Is this going to be a simple, casual event, or are you going to keep this up and then spring the militarization on us in the middle of the meeting?"
Arganaut

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 8th, 2011, 10:40 pm

Ancell looks to the strangely dressed boy. "The hell are you talking about?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 8th, 2011, 10:42 pm

"Othello, I will bring it up to start with, but I won't pressgang anyone. And I think you're jumping to conclusions here. I'm worried about passive self-defense. Not forming an armed militia. After I say my piece anything else anyone else wants to bring up for discussion is fine."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 8th, 2011, 10:45 pm

"Not at the moment, no," Kirana says to Ancell, "though I should like to go to the library later... and I will have to speak to Shawn. But both of those things will take more time than I think there is before the meeting, so they will have to wait for the moment."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Arganaut » June 8th, 2011, 10:55 pm

"Benny, I can't make this sale. Our friends, even after seeing the murder, didn't want anything like this. Even 'passive-defense' would break it for them. Besides Benny, you and I know better. There are members of your group who'll be more than happy to be punch happy if pressed. Even ‘passive-defense’ would be telling the others to look violently, distrustfully upon our peers, and there’s members of our group who would too easily jump into that option if they thought we would condone it." Othello said, sighing as he pats Benny on his shoulder.

"Listen, you can talk to as much of the group as you want. If they want to come to your meeting, then more power to them. However, I don't believe in this Benny. You and I and everyone else are friends, and I'll be excited to see you outside of that meeting. We'll plan fun events and games and parties."

"However, this time I have to split. Believe me, I wouldn't do much for the profile of your meeting." Othello said with a smile, patting Benny on the shoulder. "I'll see you later." Othello said, walking away from the others.
Arganaut

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 8th, 2011, 10:57 pm

Benny, looking after Othello as he leaves, mutters to himself, "I can't decide if he's just that stupid or that arrogant." Turning, he goes to try and find some of the others.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 8th, 2011, 10:59 pm

"He's arrogant, and a fucking idiot. See? Easy answer." Ancell smirks a bit. "What, is Wales some kind of Anti-Scotland, where people prance on pretty rainbows and the national currency is hugs?"
bookworm702

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 8th, 2011, 11:01 pm

"Considering that it's supposed to be the birthplace of The Pendragon, no, I don't think so. I'm guessing by your answer that you're interested?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 8th, 2011, 11:03 pm

"Sure. You're not such a bad guy, Benny. I'm not sure what you're up to, but I'm not against the idea of helping out if it works out for me and mine."
bookworm702

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 8th, 2011, 11:05 pm

Benny claps Ancell on the back and gives him a smile. "Glad to hear it Ancell. You seen where Shawn went?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 8th, 2011, 11:06 pm

"Nope. Probably skipped out on class. I'll find him for you, talk to him about the meet."
bookworm702

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 8th, 2011, 11:08 pm

"Thanks. In that case, Kirana, would you like to get a look at my laptop before everyone else gets there?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 8th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Elizabeth, finally finished with her shower, goes back to her room and gets dressed. Shutting the door, she grabs the book 'Flipped' from one of the stacks and starts to read on her bed, leaning on the backboard of the bed with a pillow.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 8th, 2011, 11:12 pm

Kirana lays a hand on Ancell's arm.
"Let me talk to Shawn first, please?" she requests with a gentle smile.
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby spudman » June 8th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Greg often kept a small notepad and a pen on him, and he did alright in taking notes in school. But this was an introduction to something entirely different than what he was used too and it was a little much.

After class he finds Nik and asks for a look at his notes later, knowing that in order to survive here he's going to have to figure out his own magic.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 8th, 2011, 11:16 pm

Benny nods. "Not a problem. I'll be in my room, just knock when you get there." He tells them where his room is and then departs.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby bookworm702 » June 8th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Ancell looks oddly at Kirana. "Uh, sure, Kirana. If you want to."
bookworm702

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 8th, 2011, 11:24 pm

Kirana smiles gratefully at both boys.
"Thank you!" she says, and hurries off to find Shawn.
Shawn is probably in the Atelier...
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby serbii » June 9th, 2011, 6:51 am

Shannon mostly pays attentions during class, at the very least she writes down everything written on the board, if not everything that is said. She sketches in the corner of her page at the same time. When the lesson ends she takes in what she drew.
Spoiler: show
'Oh great, the witch who eats the heads of magic girls. Well done Shannon, you're looking psychologically sound.'
Gathering her things she leaves the class room.

-----

Some time later Shannon wanders back to their room, her backpack fatter with what appear to be a couple of library books, she vanishes straight into her own room closing the door and curling up under the covers.
serbii

Unread postby serbii » June 10th, 2011, 10:18 pm

Some time later Shannon came out of her room and headed over to Max's. More time passed and she came back out checking her watch as she muttered to herself, remembering an overheard conversation.

"Was Benny having a meeting or something now?"
serbii

Unread postby ewuvi » June 10th, 2011, 10:20 pm

Clara bumps into Shannon on her way back from visiting Elizabeth, looking at a book in her arms. "Oh, hey, you okay?"
ewuvi

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life