Benny's Berthing

Re: Benny's Berthing

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 7:54 pm

Shawn rolls his eyes briefly.

"You need to work on your speeches Ben. Yeah working together probably is our best bet. But how do we decide who's in and who's out?"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 7:56 pm

"Who's in and Who's out? What bullshit," Clara shakes her head. "I came here to see what sorts you guys are. So far my notes say 'Power grabbing assholes'. Why the bloody fuck would anyone want to work with people like that?"
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 8:01 pm

"Way I see it, is to keep it to those of us right here. Othello already said that he's not interested in "militarizing", which isn't what I had in mind with this at all in the first place, just passive defense. I'm not sure what the book-girl thought about it since she's not here, but if she wants in, I don't see why not. But other than that I really think we should keep ourselves to ourselves."

He turns to Clara. "I'm not after power. I just want to get out of here in one piece. I'm not saying we need to go out and beat the shit out of everyone else, I'm just saying that if we pool our talents and resources, we'd be better able to defend ourselves against anyone that takes a pass at us."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 8:04 pm

"Why the hell did you ask us all to come here for a damn stupid speech then? We'd already established essentially what you just said when we first arrived. You're lying about your intent. Or maybe you're stupid."
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 8:07 pm

"Benny. I'll be frank. It's a great idea. That's why pretty much everyone who has ever come to this school has had the same idea. In every year above us you will find groups just like this, bigger or smaller. United in common goals or just through favours."
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 8:10 pm

Shawn takes a deep breath. Remembering something.

"Which means independents are going to be smacked down and used."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 8:11 pm

Benny's eyes narrow and his gaze locks with Clara's. "I'm not lying about this. And why does making the fact that we're all going to help each other a semi-formal pact make me stupid?"

He looks over at Max. "Okay, so far it sounds like you're in favor. What's the other side of the coin? Because you sound like you know something about what's going on here."

He looks over at Shawn. "Not by us. At least I'd hope that's the case."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 8:12 pm

"So what, you propose we all frolic down the halls skipping hand in hand? We could give each other supplies, and maybe help with experiments on spells, information like that. But to be realistic there is no way we can really truly protect each other."
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 8:16 pm

"Comm units and gear from those of us who can do alchemy. That way we can keep in touch with each other and call for help in case of emergencies. Other than that, those of us in different classes would watch each other's backs. If we can manage to grab an empty room, we could turn that into a lounge and study room for everyone to use. Things like that."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 8:17 pm

"Unless we adopt gang rules that's true. If one of us gets hit. It's going to be too quick for us to do anything about it. But this is a school information's gotta be strength in it's own right. Besides if we have a lot of different security things working off each other that's more effective than what we do just by ourselves"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 8:22 pm

Max ran a hand through his hair. "The thing is, we're probably already infiltrated by groups from higher years."
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 8:24 pm

Benny freezes, and turns slowly to look at Max. "Expound on that for me, wouldja?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 8:26 pm

Shawn swears something in punjabi

"Magic" He spits seemingly pissed at the concept.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 8:27 pm

"This is a school, for magic. Which includes surveillance and mind control magic. You'd be stupid to think we haven't been spotted and we are at least being looked into either as useful slaves, underlings or threats to destroy."

He pauses.

"Or parts."
Last edited by Darkandus on June 12th, 2011, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 8:29 pm

"I'm not cool with gangs, by the way," Clara says slowly. "So if that's the plan, you can count me as 'out'. I'd be happy to trade notes, but I really don't trust you guys enough for what you're proposing. Especially given Max's delightful input."
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » June 12th, 2011, 8:29 pm

Shannon just looks kind of sad at the situation.
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 8:32 pm

Max glances over at Shannon, before sighing.

"You should probably leave."
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » June 12th, 2011, 8:35 pm

Shannon blinks at him, "What?"
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 8:36 pm

"Your actions, I'm guessing you've been compromised. You should leave before anyone gets the stupid idea to attack you."
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 8:36 pm

"I'd be happy to leave with you Shannon. I don't think there's anything for the two of us here."
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 8:38 pm

Benny looks saddened, but moves to the door and opens it. "As I said before, after I pitched my idea you're free to go and I won't bother you about it again. I'm sorry we couldn't work together."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Max throws up his hands. "Well, That's that. I suppose I'm heading too, but I will say I'll help you guys out if I see you in a jam. Just don't expect me to die for you. See you around."
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » June 12th, 2011, 8:40 pm

Shannon freezes at Max's comment, "If that's what you think then yeah, I'll go." There is an odd expression on her face and she nods at Clara as she stands to leave.
serbii

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 8:41 pm

"We can. I'm across the hall if you need any sorcery help. I don't want to be alone, I never said that. But I don't want to sign myself over to something before I know what you are. I would rather us be friends than simply members of the same team."
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 8:42 pm

[OOG: I should have specified, Benny was looking at Clara when he said that. He's still interested in what Max has to say.]

Benny shakes his head to clear it, and then closes the door. "And I'm sorry about the melodramatics. That scene at breakfast has got me teetering on edge. And Max, I'm interested about what you have to say at least. And who the hell said anything about dying for anyone?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life