Benny's Berthing

Benny's Berthing

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 10th, 2011, 9:14 pm

As he waited for his guests to arrive, Benny puttered around, cleaning the room and making sure that both work benches were clear and could be used as seating.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Re: Benny's Berthing

Unread postby serbii » June 10th, 2011, 10:38 pm

There is a knock at the door.
"Um, hello? Was there something on now?"
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 10th, 2011, 10:42 pm

Benny goes over and opens the door to take a look. recognizing the two girls, he opens the door wide. "Hey, come on in. You're a little early, but yeah, throwing a bit of a meeting." He stands aside and gestures the girls in. "There's not a whole lot of regular seating, so feel free to grab a perch on the workbenches or on the stools. I just finished cleaning them and the floor, so if you prefer to sit there, knock yourselves out. I'm afraid the one thing I don't have is snackage though."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » June 10th, 2011, 10:47 pm

Clara shrugged, "Thanks, we shoulda grabbed Othello Maria, he's always got chocolates."

She remained standing a ways into the room, arms crossed over her chest.
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 10th, 2011, 10:49 pm

Benny pauses. "Actually I asked Othello to grab all the folks he was sitting with at breakfast. I thought he'd sent you." He notices that Clara is still standing. "Please, please, sit down; take a load off."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby serbii » June 10th, 2011, 10:51 pm

Shannon heads into the room, wearing a slightly nervous smile, "Othello didn't tell me, I overheard this morning and thought I'd come and see."

She takes a seat, looking around the room.
serbii

Unread postby ewuvi » June 10th, 2011, 10:52 pm

"Ah, I'm happy standing. Not enough seats, right? And sitting all through lecture makes me want to stand for a bit." Clara flashed a brief smile, before bouncing slightly, looking around the room.
ewuvi

Unread postby spudman » June 10th, 2011, 11:04 pm

*In Nik/Greg's room*

"I can go over the notes later. That Ben guy wanted our little group to have a talk. Let's go, Tesla." Greg says to Nik, suddenly granting him a nick name.

*Benny's room*

Of course, Ben's room is right across the hall, so it takes but seconds to get there.

"Hey."

oog: gamebrain, hope you don't mind me hijacking Nik just a bit.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 10th, 2011, 11:08 pm

Benny nods. "Fair enough. I had a bit of energy afterwards as well so I finished up what I'd started before breakfast."

Indeed, the room is clean, the pegboard behind the work benches is now stocked with a wide variety of small precision tools, ranging from screwdrivers to a case with a penknife and blade set. Stacked along the back side of the benches are a large variety of sourcebooks for various tabletop RPGs, ranging from D&D and Shadowrun to Warhammer and Mutants & Masterminds, all arranged by game title and edition.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » June 11th, 2011, 9:33 pm

Shawn, Kirana and Ancell arrive as a group.

Kirana speaks first.
“Oh, good, we are not late,” she says with a relieved smile. Although still smiling, she seems less... peppy... than she was this morning. “The discussion took so long I feared we might be.” With that she gives a friendly wave to everyone.

Shawn and Ancell both walk over to Ben.

"Thanks for including me Ben." Shawn says.

Ancell despite being a little nervous says "Yeah, glad to be here too, Benny. So, I thought we'd be a little late, but nobody's really here. What gives?"

OOG: This is a combined post that we all worked out before hand. Not trying to take over characters. We just all felt that having a separate post for each of us when we arrived at the same time would be silly.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 11th, 2011, 10:24 pm

Benny frowns. "Not sure. Clara and Shannon overheard us talking in the lecture hall, that's how they knew. Othello was supposed to tell everyone else, and he said he would..." He shrugs. "Either way, glad to have you guys here too. Cop a squat wherever there's room, benches or floor or bed, doesn't bother me any."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » June 11th, 2011, 10:37 pm

oog: Hm, in case there is any confusion, I did establish Greg and Nik are now at Ben's room.

ig:

Though he'd been standing since he arrived, Greg sits down on a bench.
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » June 11th, 2011, 11:02 pm

Shawn nods. He takes a spot on the wall leaning on it.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » June 11th, 2011, 11:20 pm

Kirana sits down next to Greg, offering him a friendly smile.
"I do not believe we have met yet," she says. "My name is Kirana. Pleased to meet you."
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 12th, 2011, 12:14 am

Nik sits down on the edge of the bed, and pulls a copy of Popular Science out of him pack and flips through it while they wait.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 1:36 am

"Given what we overheard Othello and Benny chatting about, I'm surprised this many came," Clara shrugged. "And I never heard him promise to tell people to come. Especially given how that conversation ended."
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 11:39 am

[OOG: went back and re-read Arganaut's post.]

Benny looks thoughtful for a minute, before biting out a rather harsh sounding word in Spanish. "You're right, he didn't say he would tell the others you were sitting with about this. I guess I had my attention split too many ways to notice at the time. Though it does look like most of the guys you were sitting with came anyway." He looks over at Clara. "Would you be willing to track the last couple down? I think that Max and that one girl that was hiding behind a book during the meet-n-greet are the only two that aren't here actually."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 3:24 pm

"They are as aware of this event as we are. I would not nag them into coming when they clearly do not intend to."
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 6:48 pm

Maximilian strolled into the room with a mildly bored look on his face. He scanned the area before going to lean up against a clear spot on the wall to wait for the meeting to start. Pulling out a notebook he began reeding through notes.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 7:13 pm

Benny nods at Max as he closes the door. "Glad to see you Max." Looking over the room, he notes that the only people not there are the book girl and Othello, and shrugs to himself. 'Now's as good a time as any," Clapping his hands together twice, he clears his throat and makes sure that he has everyone's attention. "I'm sure you're all wondering why I've asked you here. I have a proposition that I'd like to pitch to you all. I only ask that you hear me out. If you're not interested afterwards, I won't bother you again. Okay?" He pauses and waits for everyone to confirm they understand.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 7:16 pm

Clara rolls her eyes and crosses her arms, a smirk on her face.
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » June 12th, 2011, 7:19 pm

Max nodded in response. Waiting for Benny to pitch his band together for protection idea.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby gman391 » June 12th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Shawn split his focus between most of the people in the room but seemed to pay attention to Benny's idea.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 12th, 2011, 7:35 pm

"As we all learned today at breakfast, this place is Dangerous. Two students died, one at the hands of the faculty. And I get the sinking feeling that even more will die as the years go on. So what I'd like to propose is that we band together. We all bring something different to the table, whether it's our specific talents, our knowledge, or simply our point of view. If we pool what we have, we increase our chances of staying alive exponentially. What I'm putting forward is that we work together and help each other out; whether it's through the crafting of gear, the summoning of allies, or helping fend off mental and physical attacks from others. So that when our nine years here are up, we can all walk back through those doors and to the lives we were taken from." He looks around the room, making sure to look everyone in the eye. "If there's one thing that years of gaming has taught me, it's that trying to solo is a perfect way to get your ass killed by a random imp. But a party, working together? They can take down gods!" He pauses. "So, what do you guys say?"
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » June 12th, 2011, 7:49 pm

Clara snorts once in laughter, covering her mouth with one hand to cover her smile.
ewuvi

Return to “%s” Day-to-Day Life