KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby Ristridin » August 24th, 2014, 9:13 pm

Riku already got Powerwild one. We should hit Powerwild two so that it will stay gone when someone gets rid of it. Other than that, however, I now agree with Ristridin.
Oops. Fixed that.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 24th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Agree with majority (sorry, a little busy to figure out which one I agree with most right now), but make sure we do NOT attack the white-robed guy. And tell Riku to leave him alone too. Depending on how things work out, we might be able to get a Heartless in our party!
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » August 26th, 2014, 4:55 pm

Agreeing with Rigger and Game, right now putting the aggresive Heartless down is more important.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » August 27th, 2014, 12:48 pm

IG
Day 37
Deep Jungle
Time - Morning

Round 1
Spoiler: show
Sora
Command Chain: Freeze-Flame Dart
Targets: Powerwild2, Shadow 3
Atk1:17+4=21 (2 Hits, 1 Damage (Ice Resist))
Atk2:17+3=20 (1 Hit, 1 Damage)
Def: 11+6=17

Kairi
Spell: Pearlga Volley
3d3=7
Target: Powerwild2, Powerwild2, Shadow 1, Shadow 2, Shadow 3, Shadow 3
The Shadows take 1 Damage per hit.
Powerwild 2 takes 4 damage! (2 hits, Magic Weakness)

Riku
Target: Shadow3
Atk:12+1=13 (Miss)
Def:19+4=23

Goofy
Command: Ars Solo
Target: Shadow2
Atk: 13+5=18 (1 Hit, 1 Damage)
d5=1 (+1 Hit, +1 Damage)
Def:18+5

Tarzan
Command: Raging Boar
Tarzan took a hit! His rage is building!
Target: Powerwild2
Atk:19+6=25 (3 Hits, 3*2=6 damage.)
Def:5+4=9

Ape
Def: 5+5=10

Shadow1
Target:Sora
Atk:?+?=15 (Miss)
Def:?+?=16

Shadow2
Target:Ape
Atk:?+?=16 (2 Damage!)
Def:?+?=17

Shadow3
Target:Riku
Atk:?+?=16 (Miss)
Def:?+?=18

Powerwild1
Command: Flurry Claw
Target: Riku
Atk: ?+?=20 (Miss)

Powerwild2
Command: Flurry Claw
Target: Tarzan
Atk: ?+?=22 (4 Hits, 4 Damage)
2 additional hits due to Flurry Claw (2 hits, 2 damage)
Def: ?+?=14

White Mushroom 1
Spell: Curaga
Mag: ?+?=54
Target: Sora (Restored 15 HP!)
Riku considers the white-robed Heartless for a moment longer, only turning away when he notices a Heartless swipe at him. He dodges, and swipes back, though it goes wide. "Grrrr..."

You dart through the Heartless, swiping with ice and fire. "Don't worry about that one, for now! Focus on the ones that're actually a threat!" Sliding to a stop, you feel your wounds from the previous battle. "Eggh..."

Kairi stays back, focusing. The tip of the Raising Heart SILHOUETTE glows. The orb in the head of the staff beeps. "Focusing magical energy... 77% efficiency reached... PEARL BARRAGE prepared. Fire at will."

"HAAAAAHHHHH!!!" Kairi lets loose, and seven shots fly free from the staff, spreading out and striking foes left and right. The monkey you just tagged lets out a wild scream of pain as it's hit with balls of translucent light.

Tarzan takes the opportunity to strike out in rage at the Heartless you and Kairi just weakened. He has a rather bad scratch, but if anything it seems to be making his attacks stronger. He impales the monkey on the spear, and it explodes into darkness, a heart floating away into the sky.

The Heartless you saw Tarzan and Riku wound before shudders, and collapses, fading away as well.

You suddenly hear the increasingly telltale chimes of healing magic gathered by the white-robe, which lets it fly towards... you!?

The spell hits, and you feel your wounds fade away, like nothing you've ever felt before. Woww....

Some of the Heartless glance... almost witheringly... at the white-robe, which has become preoccupied with flowers nearby.

Now it's Riku's turn to stare at the Heartless with a tilted head of confusion. "D-did it just... What...?"

Battle Results So Far (Skippable):
Sora: 45/45 HP, 10/10 MP
Riku: 52/60 HP, 12/12 MP
Kairi: 39/39 HP, 27/27 MP
Goofy: 60/65 HP, 3/3 MP
Tarzan: 32/35 HP, 9/9 MP

Ape: 8/10 HP

Shadow1 ?/? HP (Has lost 2 HP)
Shadow2 ?/? HP (Has lost 5 HP)
Shadow3 ??/?? HP (Has lost 3 HP)
Powerwild1 ?/?? HP (Defeated, took 10 HP Damage)
Powerwild2 ??/?? HP (Defeated, took 11 HP Damage)
White Mushroom: ?/? HP, ??/??? MP (Used 20 MP)

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
KH1: Deep Jungle
KH1: Having a Wild Time

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Wraith5 » August 27th, 2014, 2:25 pm

To the white-robed heartless: "You have saved our lives, we are eternally grateful." (The royal 'we,' of course.) Or something to that effect... XD (should probably wait until AFTER the battle for this...)
As for the three shadows, we should probably just trample them. (...I don't necessarily mean literally. But if we can get the elephants...) IIRC (correct me if I'm wrong), those guys are easy to beat?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » August 27th, 2014, 4:48 pm

"Riku, focus! Three left!" Go after the Heartless that attacked the ape, we need them focused on the combatants. Straight up attack, no Berserking though.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » August 27th, 2014, 4:54 pm

Smash the remaining three Shadows, Berserk or not, I'm not picky.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » August 27th, 2014, 5:10 pm

Agreed with Tempest, let's get the Shadows to focus more on us than the ape.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » August 27th, 2014, 11:19 pm

With Tempest on what to say. As for what to do, finish off Shadow two, with or without Berserk.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Ristridin » August 27th, 2014, 11:40 pm

oog: YESSSS!!! Didn't even require playing charades.

ig: Time for a Curb Stomp Battle, I think? No need for Berserk. Make sure to protect the Ape.

Be sure to express our gratitude to the White Mushroom as well. Wraith's reply about saving our lives seems a bit much though, especially since we just soloed a similar battle (3 powerwilds and 2 shadows, rather than 2 powerwilds and 3 shadows).

oog: Now I'm thinking about recruiting our first Heartless. Heh, probably not. :P
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 1st, 2014, 6:53 pm

IG
Day 37
Deep Jungle
Time - Morning

Round 2
Sora
Target: Shadow2
Atk:17+1=18 (1 Hit, 1 Damage!)
Def: 11+3=14

Kairi
Command: Break Time
Break Time Roll: 5
Effect: Lucky Vial (Find a Potion)
Defense: 9+3=12

Riku
Command: Quicken
All Commands Recharged!
Def:19+3=22

Goofy
Command: Taunt
Target: Shadow1
Def:18+1=19

Tarzan
Target: Shadow2 (2 Hits, 2 Damage)
Atk:19+2=21
Def:5+2=7

Ape
Def: 5+5=10

Shadow1
Target:Sora
Atk:?+?=18 (2 Hits, 2 Damage)
Def:?+?=14

Shadow2
Atk:?+?=18 (Miss)

Shadow3
Atk:?+?=18 (Miss)

White Mushroom 1
Command: Break Time
Break Time Roll: 20
Effect: Epic Win (Next Attack insta-kills normal foes hit by it.)
Gifted to... Riku
"Riku! Focus! We've still got 3 to deal with!"

Riku blinks, and jumps out of the way of the Heartless attacking him, blocking a followup from its friend. "I got it-Sora!"

You grimace at a scratch from the third Heartless, which you had lost in the action.

"You focus, too!"

You grimace as you dodge away from further hits, before landing a blow on one of the Heartless attacking Riku. Tarzan's spear jabs into the wound you make. The Heartless shudders, before bursting into flicks of darkness.

"Oy!" The shadow attacking you turns, antennae-first, to face Goofy, who is banging his shield. "Come and get your medicine!"

It narrows its eyes, and starts toward him, leaving you alone.

Kairi moves to attack... but stumbles. She looks down, and picks something up. "Hey, did anyone drop a Hi-Potion!?"

You raise an eyebrow. You don't THINK you dropped a Hi-Potion...

The white-robed Heartless is dancing happily, and then... Suddenly, it begins to glow with otherworldly power... It dances a bit more, and then points at Riku.

"Wha-" The energy jumps from the Heartless to Riku, surrounding him and filling him up. Your friend is trembling from containing it. "Rrrrraaaaaaaaaaaa!!! This... this power..." He gets back into a fighting stance, glaring at the remaining shadow near him, which is now backing away from him. "Oh yeah... You better run!"

Round 3
Just... gonna crunchy salsa this...
You watch as Riku charges forward, his blade guided by whatever that energy was, and plunges into the shadow, which doesn't even get a chance to react before being destroyed. "You're done!"

As he does that, you turn and charge at the last Shadow, which doesn't even have a chance to block before you and the others work together to wipe it out.

Battle Results:
Kairi: 39/39 HP, 27/27 MP
Goofy: 60/65 HP, 3/3 MP

Ape: 8/10 HP

Shadow1 ?/? HP (Has lost ??? HP) (Dropped an Item)
Shadow2 ?/? HP (Defeated, took 8 HP Damage) (Dropped an Item)
Shadow3 ?/? HP (Has lost ??? HP)
Powerwild1 ?/?? HP (Defeated, took 10 HP Damage)
Powerwild2 ??/?? HP (Defeated, took 11 HP Damage)
(Dropped two Items)
White Mushroom: ?/? HP, ??/??? MP (Used 20 MP)

76 EXP obtained! Kairi got an additional 19 EXP.
Goofy Leveled Up! He gained 1 MAG.
Tarzan Leveled Up! He gained 1 DEF.

"Well... that's that, for now anyway..." You say, before you hear a strange warping noise, and see the white-robe wave and vanish into a portal, like the others did last night.

"... Are we sure those are Heartless?" Riku asks. "I mean... it just seems... weird. They don't... act like Heartless."

"About as Heartless as Kimahri was a cat," you say.

"Oh please don't use that analogy again. It's a bad comparison," Riku says.

Kairi picks up some items the Heartless left behind, bagging it. "I don't know, Riku. It's... kinda apt." She walks up, and produces four stones. Two are jet black, with even darker black swirling inside. The other two pulse with power untapped. "Spoils of battle, it looks like." She hands them to you.

You recieved two Power Shards, and two Dark Shards.

"Speaking of..." Riku walks behind a nearby tree and taps something with his foot. "Thought you could hide from me, did you? Hah! Your treasure is miiiinnnneee-"

"SURPRISSSSSEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!"

Riku gives a girly scream, and you look behind the tree. It's... that clown thing. You can still see streamers falling from the sky. The clown waves at you.

"HEY, KIDS! The Happy Clown's back, so it's that time again!" He produces two gift-wrapped boxes. "HOW ABOUT WE PLAY A GAME!? Pick a present! Any present! Left or Right? Right or Left?"

"This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder..." Riku mutters.

"WHICH SHALL IT BE!?"

Music:

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Last edited by JamestheFox on September 2nd, 2014, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 1st, 2014, 6:57 pm

It's that time again. Time to pick left again.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 1st, 2014, 7:01 pm

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » September 2nd, 2014, 12:07 am

ig: Right, just to mix it up (and see Riku and Kairi's reactions).

oog: Um, James, it says that four items were dropped, so why have we only seen three?
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 2nd, 2014, 1:14 am

The fourth object was the hi-potion that Kairi picked up Jag.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 2nd, 2014, 2:10 am

leftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleft

I think we should pick the left box.

leftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleft

I don't know why I would think that.

Meh, must be a hunch.

Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » September 2nd, 2014, 5:37 am

The fourth object was the hi-potion that Kairi picked up Jag.
Unless I'm much mistaken, that was because of Break Time, and therefore shouldn't count as an item that an enemy dropped.

Is that correct, James?
JAGwin

Unread postby Ristridin » September 2nd, 2014, 12:41 pm

oog: Kairi's current EXP is 1284, and she got 76+19 = 95 EXP. So I think you forgot awarding her the experience, since she should have leveled up if she went from 1189 to 1284.

Also, you can gift the Break Time effect, or is it only White Mushrooms that do that? Do they have to decide ahead of time the person to grant the effect to, or can they roll it, then decide who to aid/hinder based on the result?

ig: Now there's a difficult deleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleftleft.

edit: Also, I think I saw Kairi at 1284 after her first battle today. Not 100% sure about that though.
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 2nd, 2014, 1:05 pm

Fixed the Inventory and previous post. You now have two Dark Shards instead of one.

I actually already applied EXP to everyone that earned it. I made extra sure with Kairi, since she gets the extra EXP. She's where she should be. I think, from now on, though, I might make extra sure by writing those EXP counts as formulas (IE instead of just writing in the new count, writing it as "=EXP+Battle A's EXP+Battle B's EXP+...").

Only White Mushrooms can gift their Break Time effects. They do so after rolling.

IG
Day 37
Deep Jungle
Time - Noon

You give Riku a look, WILLING him to choose the one and only path. "Hmmmmmm..."

Riku jolts a bit when he sees you staring. He narrows his eyes.

You stare back. "Hmmmmmmmmm...!"

Riku groans.

"HMMMMMMMMM!"

"... Fine, fine. Left box."

The clown laughs. "Alright! Here you go!" He tosses the box, which pops... revealing a sword with a red hilt. Riku waves it about testingly. "Huh. It's... pretty well balanced..."

Riku got the Power Sword SILHOUETTE.

Goofy sees the sword, then gasps a little, looking at the clown. "Wait, uh, where did you-"

The clown pops into confetti.

"... get that...?" He sighs, then walks up to Riku. "May I?"

"Uh, sure." Riku hands Goofy the sword, and he inspects it.

"... I thought I recognized this... Though there's a few differences." Goofy hands it back. "It looks like-"

"No time! Family in danger!" Tarzan says, before hopping off the cliff to land on a large tree branch, sliding off. Goofy startles a bit, before nodding.

"Er, right. I'll tell you about it on the way."

The three of you nod, and you all follow Tarzan's lead, jumping onto the smooth, sloping branch, and find yourselves easily sliding along it, faster and faster.

"W-whoa!"Kairi gasps, before finding her balance. You keep an eye on her, but she seems to be doing okay. Riku remains close by, just in case, but is moving easily along the bark. Not surprising, as he took to surfing pretty early.

"YAAAHHHHOOOHHOOOOO-EEEEEE!!!" Goofy crows, getting the hang of it surprisingly fast. "Just like surfing-whoa!" He almost falls off, before regaining his balance.

You smirk. This feels... almost like second nature to you. But it's weird. Riku loves to surf, but you'd only tried it once, when you were a kid, and you were HORRIBLE. You gave it up as a bad job, back then... but now, and back in Wonderland... this kind of movement feels EASY.

Maybe you just weren't built right for it, back then...?

The four of you settle into the movements, and start catching up with Tarzan.

"... WOOOHOOOOOO!!!" Kairi screams with delight as you all leap to another branch. "Whoa-whoa-whoa!" The branch turns suddenly, and Kairi ALMOST loses her balance and falls, but you pull her back towards the center.

"So... what's the deal with this?" Riku says, holding the sword he picked up in one hand. He slashes with it to knock aside some branches.

"Well, I've seen a sword that looks almost exactly like that, before. There's a group of defenders on a certain world, the Power Rangers. It's a fairly long-standing group on that world, and a sword almost exactly like yours belonged to the first leader of the group."

"Huh..."

"I'd have to check to be sure, but I think it MIGHT be one of the results of that Project SILHOUETTE thing."

Riku nods, sheathing the weapon. "Interesting."

You keep sliding, and see Tarzan in the distance... There's a strange, purple dot on his back...

Music:
KH1: Holy Bananas!

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » September 2nd, 2014, 1:55 pm

oog: Invisitext:
You keep sliding, and see Tarzan in the distance... There's a strange, purple dot on his back...
ig: Not good. Alert everyone. I don't know how, and I don't care how, but that dot can only mean bad things, so we need to warn everyone.

On another note, leave the new sword unequipped. It's useful, but not to who we have at the moment.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 2nd, 2014, 3:31 pm

I suggest we use a guided vision, focusing on that purple spot on Tarzan's back...
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Ristridin » September 2nd, 2014, 5:04 pm

ig: Let the others know about the dot.

oog:
I actually already applied EXP to everyone that earned it. I made extra sure with Kairi, since she gets the extra EXP. She's where she should be. I think, from now on, though, I might make extra sure by writing those EXP counts as formulas (IE instead of just writing in the new count, writing it as "=EXP+Battle A's EXP+Battle B's EXP+...").
Maybe we're looking in different places? I'm looking at the Party Sheet. If that one is up to date, then before this battle started, Kairi had 1189 EXP (1284-76-19), and so there should have been a Level Up message after the previous battle (reaching level 12). The same is true if Kairi did not get EXP, because she would have gone from 1284 to 1379 (reaching level 13). So in either case, I would have expected to see a Level Up message for Kairi.
Instead, there was only this:
76 EXP obtained! Kairi got an additional 19 EXP.
Goofy Leveled Up! He gained 1 MAG.
Tarzan Leveled Up! He gained 1 DEF.
That's the main reason I'm confused; 1284 simply cannot be achieved with the EXP from last battle without a Level Up. If she got 95 EXP without a Level Up, her current EXP should be XX95, XX96, XX97, XX98, or XX99.
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 2nd, 2014, 8:32 pm

OoG:

Doublechecked, both the sheet and the Character Level Tracker. So... yeah.

Kairi Leveled Up! She gained 1 Attack!

IG
Day 37
Deep Jungle
Time - Noon

Your eyes focus on the strange... purplish... dot on Tarzan's back... and widen. It's a Heartless emblem!

"Tarzan, LOOK OUT!"

Tarzan turns, and the dot... a light of some sort... glares in his eye. He startles, and leaps away... just as you see a purple line shoot into the tree where Tarzan just was. A mere second later, you hear a terrifying sound crash through the trees, and the section of branch you're sliding towards SHATTERS.

You calmly note that that section was the only thing keeping the section you're ON from falling.

And then you start to panic as the branch starts to actually fall, crushing the undergrowth below.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"

You all leap, using your built up momentum to make the jump to another, lower branch to the side.

You and Riku manage to land nicely, but Kairi crashes and tumbles through some brush (-8 HP), before sticking the landing.

Goofy smashes into the tree next to you (-9 HP).

"Is everyone okay?" You ask as you help him up, looking about as you do. You narrow your eyes as you notice a monkey Heartless several, SEVERAL trees away, with a slingshot in one hand. It snaps its fingers, before noticing that you can see it. It then promptly vanishes in a ball of darkness. You're not sure if it's still here, waiting to get another shot off, or if it's left...

"Owwww..." Kairi mutters as Riku approaches her. She's stuck in some brush, her legs kicking wildly "I could use some help!"

"I got ya," Riku says, reaching in and pulling her out.

"Let's... let's never do that again," Kairi says as she nurses several scratches and bruises.

You all look about, before working your way towards some slidable branches. Tarzan meets you halfway, with a worried expression.

"Thanks. *&&X%. Shadows take. You save."

"Ummm... it was nothing." You smile.

"Your family's just ahead, right? Then let's go." Riku says.

Tarzan guides you all further, and you eventually reach a clearing, a valley. Below you, a number of gorillas are surrounded by Heartless.

"Together, this time?" You ask Riku.

"Yeah."

The two of you jump down with Goofy, Tarzan, and Kairi, the five of you surrounding the apes and enclosed by Heartless. They startle a bit, and some of them look warily at the Keyblade... before they start to retreat a bit.

"Well, well... what have we here? The wild man and..." You gasp as you notice Clayton, walking towards you out of a portal of darkness with Jane in one arm, and Mr. Porter in the other, followed by more Heartless. He laughs. "The cartographers? Amusing."

"Clayton!? What are you doing here!? What's..."

"Clayton! Why!?" Tarzan asks.

"It's too complex for a simple minded buffoon like yourself to understand. But I guess I can try with you civilized lot." Clayton smirks. "You see, I'm not a softhearted researcher by trade. I'm a hunter. And you'd be surprised how much Gorillas go for in all sorts of markets. 40000 Munny per head at most zoos.

"But it's been quite hard to so much as FIND any gorillas, even for a hunter of my caliber. At least it was, until last night. I've never been one to believe in silly things like magic... but the power they gave me... why, thanks to them, it was easy to find and herd these beasts all in."

"No! Clayton, stop!" Tarzan mutters. "They lie! *&&X%! Shadows take! You lose! Danger!"

"Tarzan's right! The Heartless are bad news, Clayton!" Goofy says.

"Maybe to you all... but it seems they've come to like me." Clayton smirks, darkness flicking off of him.

"You can't do this, Clayton!" Jane says.

"Ah, but I already am. Now then, if you don't want these two killed, I'd suggest you surrender. Drop your weapons... and step away from the gorillas." He eyes Tarzan. "Or do you hold the lives of these beasts above the lives of your fellow man?"

"You... you bastard..." Riku grimaces. "Letting your own greed drive you to this... We trusted you... We worried about you when... when you were really..."

"Oh, spare me, boy. You're far too young to understand any of this-"

You hear a roar, and a gorilla leaps from the brush to attack. Clayton tosses Mr. Porter aside as Hearltess leap at the ape, who tosses them aside. Clayton draws his gun and fires...

Right into Goofy's Shield.

"You're not going to hurt anyone!"

You dart forward at the same time, slashing at Clayton to make him dodge, forcing him to let go of Jane. "You two run! We'll handle this!"

Tarzan grunts a similar warning, or so you think, as the gorillas flee, guarded by the big one that Goofy saved.

Clayton vanishes in a pillar of darkness, and reappears on a nearby cliff. There are a LOT of Heartless around you...

"If this is how you want to die... then so be it." Clayton aims his gun down on your party.

Battle Results So Far:
Kairi: 31/40 HP, 27/27 MP
Goofy: 51/60 HP, 3/3 MP

Clayton: ??/?? HP (Out of Range of Melee Attacks)
Powerwild1: ??/?? HP
Powerwild2: ??/?? HP
Powerwild3: ??/?? HP
Powerwild4: ??/?? HP
Powerwild5: ??/?? HP
Powerwild6: ??/?? HP
Powerwild7: ??/?? HP
Powerwild8: ??/?? HP
Green Requiem: ??/?? HP, ??/?? MP

Music:
KH1: Holy Bananas!

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal

I'm gonna try a different format, for battles, just to make things easier on me. I'll be posting a link to the Gummi Battle Calculator sheet, which will have a new tab that just has play by plays copied from a calculator I have elsewhere. When you have Scan, you'll have the the full data copied, but without it, I won't include your opponent's calculations, just their final rolls.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 2nd, 2014, 8:47 pm

I'm thinking we need to bust out the Heartdrive for this one. It's served us well in the past, and with Clayton out of melee range, we need to switch to our best ranged option (Neku). Make sure we take out the Green Requiem first, Live Slow the creature to neutralize it and at least one of the Powerwilds, then Toss them both at Clayton, bounce them off his noggin. With luck, the Green Requiem will be fragile enough to go down from that, and if not, hopefully Clayton will get angry and fire off a few shots at it like the hothead he is. But definitely take down the Healer first.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Ristridin » September 2nd, 2014, 10:34 pm

oog: Do we even see the Green Requiem (let alone know what it does)?

ig: Looks like we have a lot of tagging to do... Still, Clayton is probably the most important target. Heartdrive sounds like a good idea to immobilize some of these things. Voting for plan Rigger if we can see the Green Requiem; otherwise, try to use Live Slow on Clayton. If he starts floating, Riku and Goofy have Strike Range; could be quite useful if Clayton is defenseless.
Ristridin

Return to “%s” Quests