KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 2nd, 2014, 10:57 pm

Okay, I'm just going to lurk for this one... I'm okay at small fights, but this? WAY out of my league...
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 2nd, 2014, 10:59 pm

Agreeing with Rigger's plan; we've seen other versions of the Green Requiem before casting spells of various types, and I think by now Sora has figured out that old Shadowrun truism, "Geek the mage first!"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 2nd, 2014, 11:25 pm

We should definitely bust out Neku!Sora, as that gives us they ability to help lock down targets. I agree with Rigger, we need to take out the Green Requiem asap.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » September 3rd, 2014, 6:19 am

Personally, I'm more inclined to keep the ones we grab lifted, rather than Toss them at Clayton.

Other than that, I agree with Rigger.

EDIT: I also think Goofy should use his Limit here to protect Sora, Kairi and Tarzan. Clayton probably has high Attack, so they'll need the protection. Especially Tarzan, given how low his Defense is.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Ristridin » September 3rd, 2014, 3:05 pm

EDIT: I also think Goofy should use his Limit here to protect Sora, Kairi and Tarzan. Clayton probably has high Attack, so they'll need the protection. Especially Tarzan, given how low his Defense is.
I kind of figured Goofy would realize this is a boss battle without our prompting (and is not directly controlled by us), but yeah this is the perfect moment for that. And since Vigor Wave doesn't end his Limit (I think?), he might get off multiple waves. Preferably all of them against Clayton, depending on whether there's a range limit.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 4th, 2014, 2:39 pm

I have no issue with going Neku Sora at this juncture.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 5th, 2014, 6:54 pm

OoG:

Clarified a bit on Goofy's Limit Break. Like pretty much all Limit Breaks, using the Break ends the Limit. Unlike most LBs, though, Goofy CAN use his LBs outside of his Limits, if he has Vigor to spend.

Also, trying out the Excel method of showing Battle Data. It'll probably be much easier for me once you guys have consistent access to Scan. I have to copypaste data from a private version of the battle calculator to the public one, right now.

IG
Day 37
Deep Jungle
Time - Noon

Round 1 Data Here

You start to shift, calling upon Neku's power, as the fight begins in earnest.

"Hrrraaah!!!" You see Riku engulf himself in black smoke. Out of the smoke you see three bolts of burning lightning fly out, sizzling two of the monkeys. The last bolt curves right into Clayton, who simply growls in agitation, looking only a little worse for wear. As you finish your your transformation, Clayton fires twice in quick succession. The first shot only hits Goofy's shield, despite it being meant for Tarzan.

You aren't so lucky.

"Aggh!" You groan at the hit. That bullet really HURT-
Botch End Condition: Clayton hits with his Limit Break.
You are knocked down by a Heartless, taking a claw to the back, but you manage to recover well. Still, you grit your teeth at the pain.

You see the green thing floating a fair ways above you pull some trick off, just before light engulfs the entire area.

"Back OFF!" Kairi cries out as the light fades, and you see hordes of Heartless laying about, in worse pain than you are. They manage to get themselves up, and prepare to fight back, howling with rage and sharpening their claws.

Tarzan has finished casting some sort of spell, and you see wind gather around him, protecting him.

You try to grab some Heartless, and manage to nab two of the monkeys... but the green mage seems utterly unaffected, even by that magical burst Kairi threw out. That's... that's not good.

Still, you've got two of them. That'll keep the pressure off, somewhat.

Battle Results So Far:
Sora: 45/45 HP, 10/10 MP (Neku!Sora: 9/14 HP, 12/15 MP)
Riku: 47/60 HP, 2/14 MP
Kairi: 31/40 HP, 12/27 MP
Goofy: 51/60 HP, 3/3 MP
Tarzan: 32/35 HP, 6/9 MP

Clayton: ??/?? HP (Out of Range of Melee Attacks) (1 Damage Taken)
Powerwild1: ??/?? HP (+3 Atk) (Dazed-Anti-Gravity) (5 Damage Taken)
Powerwild2: ??/?? HP (Berserk) (Dazed-Anti-Gravity) (5 Damage Taken)
Powerwild3: ??/?? HP (8 Damage Taken)
Powerwild4: ??/?? HP (+3 Atk) (5 Damage Taken)
Powerwild5: ??/?? HP (8 Damage Taken)
Powerwild6: ??/?? HP (Berserk) (5 Damage Taken)
Powerwild7: ??/?? HP (+3 Atk) (5 Damage Taken)
Powerwild8: ??/?? HP (Berserk) (5 Damage Taken)
Green Requiem: ??/?? HP, ??/?? MP

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
KH1 - Squirming Evil

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 5th, 2014, 7:10 pm

Riku needs to take out the Green Requiem with brute force while we play battlefield control with the Powerwilds. See if we can try and shield our group with the Anti-Gravity'd Powerwilds. Don't Groove to extend the limit, we're too squishy to stick around for another three rounds, I think.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » September 6th, 2014, 3:08 am

oog: Why did Goofy Cover Riku?

ig: I never thought I'd say this, but it looks like Heartdrive has failed us. Activate the Limit Break, prioritizing Powerwilds four, six, seven and eight for the Lifts, then throw all the Heartless we have at the Green Requiem. Then use Fired Up and Icebreaker to finish off the Requiem if that didn't take it out, then any of the Powerwilds that are still standing. If none are, cast Pearl on Clayton.

Also, make a mental note to ask Riku about that spell he cast.

oog: Uh, James, what were the Defense rolls for that Turn?

EDIT: ig: Actually, aim the Powerwilds we'll be throwing at Clayton, as he resists Magic, meaning it's probably in our best interest to hit him with projectiles while we have the chance.

EDIT2: Also, on second thought, hold off on Fired Up. Instead, after taking out the Requiem (which we still aim Icebreaker at after throwing the Powerwilds at Clayton) activate Heartdrive again if there are any more Powerwilds left and start Lifting them. Come the Limit Break, throw them at (you guessed it) Clayton. If there aren't any Powerwilds left, cast Pearl on Clayton until either we run out of MP or he calls for reinforcements.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 6th, 2014, 7:41 am

oog: Uh, James, what were the Defense rolls for that Turn?
Defense Rolls are at the top of the sheet, in the green and red boxes. Columns J and U contain the rolls themselves.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » September 6th, 2014, 9:16 pm

oog: Agreeing with JAG; Goofy is Covering the person with the highest Defense aside from himself... And that's not even counting Sfumato.

ig: Guess Neku's hp is still pretty low (makes sense, since he isn't around for that long)... Ask Goofy if he can Cover us for a few rounds; that should ensure we can survive long enough to keep lifting the Powerwilds and to throw them either at the Green Requiem or Clayton (and potentially Groove). Throwing Powerwilds stilll seems like a better option than casting spells at a magic-resistant and a magic-immune foe.
Ristridin

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 7th, 2014, 3:52 pm

If we can get Goofy or Riku to Cover us, we could probably safely Groove once, maybe twice. That would allow us to keep lifting and locking down much of the damage.

For targets, we should target the Green Requiem first, to get it's healing potential nullified.

Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » September 7th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Bezzerker, we already tried to grab the Requiem, it didn't work.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 7th, 2014, 5:15 pm

I think Bezzerker was suggesting it as a throwing target?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 8th, 2014, 5:28 pm

Yes, I meant as the first target for tossing the Power Wilds at, not for grabbing.

Bezzerker

Unread postby Ristridin » September 9th, 2014, 8:59 am

To avoid ambiguity, I'll vote for plan Bezzerker, with a preference for Goofy to cover us (since he can cover us without cost (well, he won't cover Mr. 'my defense is doubled' Riku any more, but yeah)).
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 23rd, 2014, 2:23 pm

OoG:

IG
Day 37
Deep Jungle
Time - Noon

Round 2 Data Here

Clayton aims his rifle at you, and as Goofy suddenly appears to block the attack, Kairi takes a deep breath, and suddenly her staff glows, spreading a strange barrier around each of you. A second barrier, made of wind, surrounds Goofy shortly after. Clayton takes the shot, but it bounces off the first barrier.

As the Heartless try to attack, and Goofy blocks them, you notice the wind barrier slashing out at them.

A black, smoky Keyblade flies from the blackness obscuring Riku, and thwacks the floating mage Heartless. It stumbles a bit, but still manages to send a spell towards Clayton.

You, meanwhile, take this chance to grab a few more Heartless, lifting them up.

Battle Results So Far:
Sora: 45/45 HP, 10/10 MP (Neku!Sora: 9/14 HP, 9/15 MP)
Goofy: 51/60 HP, 3/3 MP (10 Vigor)

Clayton: ??/?? HP (Out of Range of Melee Attacks, Regen3 (3 turns left)) (1 Damage Taken)
Powerwild1: ??/?? HP (+3 Atk) (Dazed-Anti-Gravity) (5 Damage Taken)
Powerwild2: ??/?? HP (Berserk) (Dazed-Anti-Gravity) (5 Damage Taken)
Powerwild3: ??/?? HP (8 Damage Taken)
Powerwild4: ??/?? HP (+3 Atk) (6 Damage Taken)
Powerwild5: ??/?? HP (9 Damage Taken)
Powerwild6: ??/?? HP (Berserk) (6 Damage Taken)
Powerwild7: ??/?? HP (+3 Atk) (6 Damage Taken)
Powerwild8: ??/?? HP (Berserk) (6 Damage Taken)
Green Requiem: ??/?? HP, ??/?? MP (1 Damage Taken)

Music:
KH1 - Squirming Evil

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » September 23rd, 2014, 3:09 pm

Okay, here's my plan; use the Limit Break to grab Clayton (if possible) and as many Powerwilds as we can, then throw them all at the Requiem. Then use Icebreaker on it if it's still standing. Once it's down, either activate Heartdrive again (if Clayton is still out of range) and start lifting Clayton (if possible) and whatever random junk we can and groove as needed to extend the Limit (unless there's an unlifted enemy running around and no one can cover us), or activate Fired Up and pummel Clayton with everything we have (Icebreaker if we haven't used it, and Berserk).
JAGwin

Unread postby Ristridin » September 23rd, 2014, 6:12 pm

OoG:
oog: Nothing to say? :P

ig: I guess most of the Powerwilds are already effectively out of action. I was considering Grooving so we could lift them all, but I guess we won't really need to do that, and the Green Requiem shouldn't be allowed to act much longer.

Voting for plan Jag (provided we can in fact reach the Requiem with Icebreaker). If we can Toss Clayton, try to get him a bit closer to us (not sure if it'll help much with his Teleportation, but we should at least try).
Ristridin

Unread postby Wraith5 » September 23rd, 2014, 7:10 pm

I'm for plan JAG, Rist variation.
Wraith5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 23rd, 2014, 9:52 pm

I'm for plan JAG, Rist variation.
+1

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 29th, 2014, 3:15 pm

Sounds okay to me.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 29th, 2014, 11:48 pm

Let's go for it.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 30th, 2014, 4:01 pm

IG
Day 37
Deep Jungle
Time - Noon

Round 3 Data Here

You reach out to grab at everything you can, and the remaining Powerwilds are gathered around you, helpless. You tray to snatch Clayton, but he grimaces and teleports out of your grasp. You settle for as much of the remaining rubble you can grab.

You toss them all at the mage, and under the weight of so many simian Heartless crashing into it, it explodes into dark dust. A small, pulsing stone (Energy Stone) falls with the rest of the Heartless, as Riku cuts through a swath of them, heavily injuring the healthiest of them, before they hit the ground around Kairi, who thrusts the tip of her staff into the ground.

"LIGHT!"

When the light fades, there is only Kairi, 7 shards (Power Shard), and the stone. "Whew."
Back on the cliff face, Clayton loads his gun, and takes careful aim.
Goofy stares. "Gwarsh, that was something."
"I have you now."

Battle Results So Far:
Sora: 45/45 HP, 10/10 MP
Goofy: 51/60 HP, 3/3 MP (10 Vigor)

Clayton: ??/?? HP (Out of Range of Melee Attacks, Regen3 (2 turns left), Locked On (?)) (1 Damage Taken)
Powerwild1: 0/?? HP (+3 Atk)
Powerwild2: 0/?? HP (Berserk)
Powerwild3: 0/?? HP
Powerwild4: 0/?? HP (+3 Atk)
Powerwild5: 0/?? HP
Powerwild6: 0/?? HP (Berserk)
Powerwild7: 0/?? HP (+3 Atk)
Powerwild8: 0/?? HP (Berserk)
Green Requiem: 0/?? HP, ??/?? MP

Music:
KH1 - Squirming Evil

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 30th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Vision to see who Clayton has Locked Onto.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Quests