A Shinobi in Star Wars

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: A Shinobi in Star Wars

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 16th, 2014, 6:01 pm

Well... that's VERY interesting. From the way he talks, it seems he was a native of the SW universe who ended up in OUR home universe. So it seems there is/might be a way to get back home? That's just what it sounds like to me. Plus, I'm 90% certain that's a Star Wars-style name.

Hmm... Definitely with TK... maybe ask if this Holocron knows the location of any others? Maybe also ask if there are any... unusual ways the Force interacts with chakra? I mean, I would guess that being a Jedi who (obviously) encountered ninjas somehow, he (probably) had to have thought of that.

... ... ... AH! Ask the Holocron if it knows when it was created (as in the date)?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 16th, 2014, 6:44 pm

I agree with asking if the holocron knows where the others were hidden originally. At least one of them. And ask Master Yoda what a "Hyperspace Lane" is.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 16th, 2014, 7:44 pm

:doh Also, ask the Holocron if we can have it interact with people in Galactic Basic. After all, having someone like Jocasta Nu interact with it would help us learn what (else) we can learn from it, right? And IIRC, some Holocrons do not display certain information to the users for specific reasons. (I think that explanation may have been offered in I, Jedi, but I might be remembering the wrong book.)
Looking... ... ... Ah!
"Jedi gatekeepers could sense the ability and level of a Jedi, and offer or restrict information accordingly—so that Padawans were not shown information too advanced and dangerous for their basic stage." Source.

... I just realized that's a LOT more reasoning/etc. than I wanted to write. Short version: One more question for the Holocron: "Can you allow individuals to interact with this Holocron in Galactic Basic/other languages?"
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 18th, 2014, 1:55 pm

"How did my people help you?" You'd think you'd have heard of someone like a Jedi back home.

"It is a long story, one that spans my entire life, I think... It starts some time after my appointment as Knight. I was young, and uncertain of my purpose in the Galaxy. I isolated myself from those around me, and lived in the present. I was a lonely, selfish fool, looking for meaning in my life and my life alone.

"But then... The Force spoke to me, as I wandered the Galaxy. Thinking and hoping that this was finally the answer I sought, I followed its call, and explored far, far beyond the known Galaxy... Until I came to your homeworld. My ship, worn and weary from the journey, left me stranded there, and I feared the worst... but... I chose to trust in the Force, to let it guide me. And over that time I learned of life on that far-off world, and spoke with their people... far from fearing and hating me, I was welcomed, especially by Konoha, and by their leader... the Seventh Hokage."

You startle a little at that. Seventh Hokage? H-how...

"I lived among them for years, learning from their... Ninja Way, The Will of Fire, and of Ninshu, the source of their strength. I came to understand and draw strength from their belief, and came to a deeper understanding of not only the Force, but of the world.

"Eventually, with much help and time, I was able to leave that land. But I was old, and frail. I could sense my time coming, and despaired; I would not live long enough to personally aid the world I had learned so much from, or personally introduce and mediate the two orders who had shaped most of my life. But the Force showed me, too, that this would not be our last meeting. I learned of you through the Force, and knew that, someday, you would need a path home. I chose, then, to be the one to pass it down. I left Holocrons along my path as I worked to return to the Jedi, that you might follow their trail. I do not know for sure what became of me after the creation of this Holocron, but... I can only assume that I passed into the Force soon after."

You're still... reeling. This man spoke to the Seventh Hokage, which places his appearance on your world... well, long after the Third's reign, presumably. And Yoda said that this Holocron has been sitting here since, at least, the inception of this Temple's Library.

How many centuries has it been?

"I apologize if this is too much for you to absorb, Kyo."

"I... I think I'll be okay." You set aside that issue for now. There are still things left to accomplish. "Is it possible for you to speak in your galaxy's native language? Galactic Basic? I imagine the Jedi would wish to learn this as well."

The man shakes his head. "This Holocron, and all others I created for this purpose, were designed to only have the capability to speak in the language of Ninshu. This was meant for the protection of the knowledge within, over however long it took for you to find them. There were, and likely are, those who would have brought great suffering to your people, had they learned the route to your home. And so I chose to do everything I could to keep that knowledge safe."

"So... you know the way back?"

"Only to the closest Holocron on the route. I can give you the coordinates of the next Holocron, which will lead you to the next one in the sequence. If you use Hyperspace to get from one to the other, it forms a Lane directly to your home."

"Thank you. Just... a moment." You look at Yoda, shifting mentally to speak his language. "This device, has directions. Hyperspace Lanes? To home." For now, you decide not to mention the rest of what you learned. You're still trying to process it all.

"Good that is. Get you arranged to return home, we can. But troubled, I sense you are. Need time to think, you do?"
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 18th, 2014, 5:49 pm

"Yes. What I have learned... troubling, very troubling." We grimace. "And confusing." You know that time-space manipulation is possible with some seals, and even Jutsu, the Kawarimi at its core is such a manipulation; but on such a massive scale?! What kind of jutsu had that Iwa nin been throwing around, and how much power had he been putting into it?!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » October 18th, 2014, 6:08 pm

On the end of Tempest's line: "Time is apparently a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey... stuff."

I couldn't help it.
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 18th, 2014, 6:18 pm

*Whaps Phht with a harisen.*
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 18th, 2014, 6:20 pm

With TK (and Phht (and TK's second post)). And before we use the Holocron next, we should try to get a handle on the state of the galaxy. Once things have calmed down (at least a little bit), we should go for the next Holocron. And if we can figure out how to tell the Jedi Council where the next Holocron is, we can even try to help with the war effort as a direct ally of the Jedi, especially considering that the enemy will have literally NO clue how to counter our jutsu, and any Jedi that end up near our target for a different reason might be able to retrieve it for us.

Related to that, I'm guessing an active Battle Droid would not count as an inanimate object, but a broken/disabled one might?
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 18th, 2014, 6:38 pm

Might be getting a little ahead of ourselves there Wraith. As far as using the Holoron we have access to now, we're going to need time to study the tehnique for both blade and jutsu in order to integrate it into our fighting style. We may not be a promising swordsmaster like the Hayate kid, but we can put this techniqe, and the other four, to good use in our personal style. In regards to the Jedi and the war, while they've been very kind, so far as we're aware the Villages back home can't stop fighting one another. There's not a huge chance that enough ninja to make an appreciable difference in an interstellar confrontation could be diverted from Konoha without the other Villages attempting to make a play.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 18th, 2014, 7:03 pm

I didn't mean recruit other ninjas for the war effort... What I meant was more along the lines of a TINY elite squad of say, one or two Jedi, some clone commandos or ARC troopers, and ourself. After all, from what we've heard so far, we would have to find all of the Holocrons before we can find our homeworld. Additionally, we don't even know how many Holocrons we need to find in the first place.

Well, we should add something to our list of things for later: Once we get our mind (at least part way) around things, we should find someone who might be able to understand all this. After all, it appears to have been many, MANY centuries since we were last seen at our homeworld. And I don't think ANYONE would not be disturbed by that fact. ESPECIALLY since it seems like it has been less than a year for us (I forget how long it's been since our arrival, and I don't really have the time to try and figure that out right now...).
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 18th, 2014, 11:03 pm

oog: It's been a total of 3 months since your arrival here. You spent the first month in "Hell," and have been in the Jedi Temple since then.

ig:

"Yes. What I learn... troubling, very troubling." You grimace. "And confusing."

This is absurd, really. Centuries.

Centuries. At least.

How can this be possible?

Who was that ninja? Did Iwa have others like him?

You shake your head. No. If they had something like that, they'd have gone to war and obliterated Konoha with it. And yet Konoha had survived for at least a couple Hokages more.

You're not sure how to even CONSIDER all this. It was already beyond your ken, considering the size of the Galaxy, and how far that guy had sent you. But to preserve you for so long, too...

"Time, it appears you need. Tell Jocasta I will, to let you have access to this Holocron, should you need it," Yoda puts his hand on your shoulder. "If need guidance you do, supply it I will."

You nod, and push the confusion aside. The mission. That's right. You have a mission right now, simple and trite as it is. You need to complete it. You can worry about overpowered bullcrap time-space Jutsu later.

"Thank you, Master Yoda. Need return these. Librarian worry by now."

"Indeed she might," Yoda says. "Go, then. Let an old man keep you on your way, you must not." He smiles, and you smile back, before heading to the Library. As you leave, you see a Jedi walk up to Yoda.

"Master Yoda, we have received a transmission from Knight Obi-Wan and his apprentice. Regarding the Senator..."

------------

You mission complete, you settle in for a night's rest, thinking about the truths you've uncovered about your circumstances.

It's... strange. Perhaps it's because of how... absurd the gap in space and time is, but you feel less devastated than you think you should be.

You wonder. You were likely declared dead after the mission, and to everyone you knew... you probably may as well be.

Whatever happened to Sensei...? Your team?

Or Mei-chan, did she ever find a boyfriend?

You sigh. These thoughts aren't really helpful.

A ninja never shows tears... but that's only on duty.

MISSION 2: COMPLETE

Select your Next Mission:
Spoiler: show
[] Discovery on Kamino!? Deadly Jango Fett! (Hero Mission)
[] The Torgunta Trials! Earn Ahsoka's Respect! (Legend Mission)
[] Find My Boy! Back to the Depths of Hell!? (Retrieval Mission. Reward: 90,000 Credits.)
Shop
Kunai: 5,000 Credits Each.
Shuriken: 1,000 Credits Each.
Battery Cartridge: 2,500 Credits Each.
Katana: 10,000 Credits Each.
Wire: 1,000 per foot.
Astromech Droid: 70,000 Credits (Useful ally, capable of navigation both of normal space travel and of Hyperspace Lanes, and piloting of spacefaring vessels, allowing easier access to the Galaxy. Opens up new missions, effective immediately.)
Bacta Capsule: 5,000 Credits (Restores 1 Minor Wound per Capsule)
Kyo's Character Sheet
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » October 18th, 2014, 11:42 pm

I think we should get that astromech. It's expensive, but useful enough that I'd say it's worth it.

As for the mission, unless getting the astromech opens up some new choices, I vote for The Torgunta Trials.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 19th, 2014, 12:13 am

Right, personally, I'm voting for the Legend mission. Also, I'd like us to purchase an Astromech droid, we've got more than enough funds to afford it. Preferably one with some attitude to it, similar to that R2 unit thing that follows Anakin around. Also get ten Bacta capsules, just so we have them on-hand as needed.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » October 19th, 2014, 12:16 am

Yeah, agreeing with getting ten bacta capsules. We'll probably need them at some point.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 19th, 2014, 2:01 am

Heh, at the rate we're going, we'll probably end up trying to turn Ahsoka into a Jedi-ninja hybrid.

In any event, I'm going to vote for buying an astromech droid (but it needs to have at least one little odd quirk to it, and a hearty agreement on the attitude suggestion), and the bacta capsules (forget 'probably,' we WILL need those at some point. If not necessarily for ourselves, then for someone else), and I think the Legend mission.
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 19th, 2014, 11:13 am

One last thing to add to the shopping list. Another 80 feet of wire.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 19th, 2014, 11:29 am

I'll agree that we should probably get more ninja wire, but I don't know if we really need 100 feet total...
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 19th, 2014, 11:35 am

We can seal the extra 80 feet in our storage scroll, but better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I think we should also start making discreet inquiries about where we might be able to find someone to help us restock our sealing supplies in the background of our mission, as well as furthering our attempts to master Galactic Basic without sounding drunk. Jacosta would probably be a good place to start for help with both actually.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 19th, 2014, 12:26 pm

True on all fronts. My uncertainty on purchasing 80 feet of wire probably stems from my habit of being rather... frugal would probably be the best term. I don't really like spending money I don't really need to.

I place my full support behind plan TK.
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 19th, 2014, 3:17 pm

At the suggestion of Master Yoda, you buy yourself a "Droid" companion. He explains that space travel is somewhat difficult to do alone, and requires lots and LOTS of calculations, which a good "Astromech" could do for you. After some study of the processes, you agree. If you intend to go out and seek your homeworld, the Jedi can provide a ship (at least for now), but it would be wise to bring along a droid that can store the coordinates you need. You eventually find a store for this purpose and begin browsing. You almost buy one of the R2-Units sitting on a prominent display, but after looking at the prices you decide not to splurge on your first buy (after all, that policy has served you well with weapons), and pick out a droid somewhere a little over half of the price of the average droid (though you're fairly sure the shopkeeper is inflating the prices a little). They call it E7-213, developed by Magneg Mechanics just this year, primarily for use in exploration of unknown territory. It seems somewhat... different from most of the Astromechs, though the shopkeeper assures you that it's compatible with any ship made in the last thousand years.

Its main body-head makeup is entirely egg-shaped, as opposed to the combination of cylinder and dome that the R2-series seemed extremely popular for. Its... Legs?... are mounted near its neck, and are extendable (when it was first turned on, the legs were retracted, and it rolled about uselessly for a bit before pushing itself up with the legs) and fitted with treadmills for primary locomotion (Though in its retracted state you guess you might be able to kinda roll it around), and a retractable wheel from the main body allows it to position itself into something that looks less like it's going to fall over.

It has several removable panels, but the sections inside are all empty. The droid comes with two "hands" (they look more like pincers to you) that can be attached to the inside of these compartments for various means. You SUPPOSE you might be able to put some shuriken in there.

Supposedly, the "brain" of the droid is set in the dead center of the droid, as opposed to the head. Huh.

You watch it follow you as you walk back to the Temple. It's... preeettttyyyy weird. It follows you pretty well, though you're pretty sure it can't chase you up a wall or anything. It randomly spins its head about, pointing its... eyes... in every direction it can, even as it unerringly keeps pace. It also has this habit of beeping and whistling. You... think it's talking, but you're not sure how to even begin to learn what it's saying.

It also won't stop "talking." You're pretty sure that if this were a mission behind enemy lines, you'd be dead before you got two steps in if you took it with you.

You've got a bad feeling about this decision, but something tells you it'll be of much use in whatever lies ahead.

(E7-213has been added to Kyo's Character Sheet. You can give it a name, if you like.)

(New Missions added to the Mission List)
[] Discovery on Kamino!? Deadly Jango Fett! (Hero Mission)
[] The Torgunta Trials! Earn Ahsoka's Respect! (Legend Mission)
[] Find My Boy! Back to the Depths of Hell!? (Retrieval Mission. Reward: 90,000 Credits.)
[] How to Train your Droid? Pilot Practice! (Gaiden Mission)
Shop
Kunai: 5,000 Credits Each.
Shuriken: 1,000 Credits Each.
Battery Cartridge: 2,500 Credits Each.
Katana: 10,000 Credits Each.
Wire: 1,000 per foot.
Bacta Capsule: 5,000 Credits (Restores 1 Minor Wound per Capsule)
Kyo's Character Sheet
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 19th, 2014, 3:26 pm

Going to have to stick with my vote on the Legend mission, because if we go for the Gaiden mission we'll miss out on all the others. And tempting as it is to train up our new friend... I think that the Legend mission will really pay off more in the long run.

Also voting that we name our droid Egg-Chen after that retired seal master that we got our training from. Little old guy, was kind of egg shaped as well... and had plenty of hidden depths.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » October 19th, 2014, 9:11 pm

Tempest has a point, and I agree, but not with the name for E7. Also, give the droid its arms before we start the mission, and maybe a blaster if we can (T3-M4 could use blasters, as could T7-O1). Come to think of it, we should also restock our Tags. Personally, I'm in favor of making six Flash Tags and seven Sticky Tags.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 19th, 2014, 10:19 pm

I'm with JAG on this. Besides, we don't necessarily need to give him a name immediately, right?
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 7th, 2014, 7:43 pm

Oog: 6 Flashes, 7 Stickies created. E7 equipped with Droid Arms (Pincer). After this mission, you'll get the opportunity to buy up equipment that'll make your droid somewhat combat capable, but for now it cannot use any weaponry you have. You can store your blasters there for easy access, though (it can pull the blasters out and toss them somewhat clumsily to you with its Pincer hands).

ig:

You are working on making tags when you get a knock on your door. You raise an eyebrow, and open up... only to raise your eyebrows further at the small device at your feet. You pick it up, and it says, in a garbled voice:

"Hello. I wanna play a game. Don't try to trace this back, you'll never figure out m-"

Despite the garbling and whatever is being done here, you can definitely ID the speaker. "Ahsoka Tano." It also doesn't help that you can hear her voice from a source other than the communicator.

"... You're five seconds slow, thief! I'm disappointed in you. I hope you act faster in the future."

"Why I bother keep this?" You ask, turning towards the pillar Ahsoka just poked her head out from behind. A ninja she is not. "What you want?"

Ahsoka pokes out again, only to meet your eyes. "G-gah! Y-you're better than I thought!" She composes herself, and crosses her arms, turning off the communicator.

"Something like this work on kids. Not me." You smirk.

"Good. I need you assistance. There are things I need, and YOU'RE gonna get me them."

"Uh huh." You close your eyes. Oh god, she's trying to intimidate you. You're not sure whether to laugh or coo at how adorable that is. Well, at least she's not trying to solve her problems with violence. "What you need?"

"A mini-hoverpad, a droid with an arm, and paint. Lots and lots of paint."

"Why?"

"None of your business!" She says indignantly.

"Why I help you? You repeat.

"Um... er... That is..." She pouts. "Er... Ah! You're... you're some kind of mercenary, or something, right? Well, this is a job. I can pay you."

No she can't. You know this. It is painfully obvious. It is HORRIFYINGLY obvious. She has no poker face. At all. No Academy Student in the WORLD would lie this badly. It's just... painful to watch.

[] Play along.
[] Don't. (Mission Failure)
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » November 7th, 2014, 7:48 pm

Play along, since if we don't, she'll find someone gullible enough to believe her, and who knows what'll happen then. If we help her, we might be able to figure out what she's up to and, if necessary, step in and make sure she doesn't do something too stupid.

Plus, I really don't want to fail this.
JAGwin

Return to “%s” Quests