KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 3rd, 2014, 4:14 pm

Agreed with Rigger. Ask Donald about the woman we may or may not have picked up in our Vision (going with our "trust but verify" stance we seem to have taken with non-combat visions)
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » November 3rd, 2014, 7:40 pm

With above. Since we (Sora) don't know what happened to Samus, maybe we could ask her about what happened (then of course, go from there to what kind of adventures she's been on, what her 'job' is like, and so on)?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 18th, 2014, 11:52 am

Day 44
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

You pull Kairi a little closer with your own hug. "Hey, Kairi." From this position, it's pretty hard to give Riku a punch (which isn't helped by your closest arm being connected to something by that weird tube thing, so you just swat at him half-heartedly. As expected, his reach is a bit further than yours, and he easily avoids your swipes. You give him the stinkeye, but settle for continuing to hug Kairi. "I'm doing okay. A little hungry, though. What'd I miss? What happened?"

-------

They get that thing (they called it an IV) out of your arm, and as they bandage it up, they give you something of a short rundown of what has been happening.

-------

"... Yeesh," you groan. "So I got taken down by fog?" You keep your voice down a bit, noting Kairi sleeping in your arms. She looks tired. You must have really worried her...

"Eyup," Goofy says.

"Ugh. Well, hopefully that'll be the last of it."

"It's actually a fairly common occurrence, Sora," Donald says. "Though hopefully we won't have to deal with exactly THAT kind of Fog for a while."

You sigh. "I can live with that... So, you said you picked up some lady? She been causing any trouble?"

Goofy shakes his head. "Naw, Samus has mostly been hanging out in her room, except for mealtimes. But then, we've only had her for a day so far. But, more about you. You sure you're okay?"

Donald nods. "Yeah, that's more important right now. You were having what looked like one vision after another. We put you to sleep to try and stem it a bit, but... did it help at all?"

"I'm not sure... After a while, everything felt like a blur. I don't really remember much of it. I remember falling... and Kairi finding me... and just one vision after another. I... don't think any of it was really... useful. Mostly just stuff from the past, or visions I've seen before. But... I feel fine now. Just... hungry, is all."

"Alright. I still want you to take it easy, though. Alright?" Donald asks.

"Alright."

----------------

Eventually, Kairi wakes, and with some reassurance, the three of you leave for the cafeteria.

When you arrive, you see the woman from one of your Visions... Samus, you think, receiving a tray with a rather modest amount of food. You take a look at your friends, and agree to sit next to her, if you can. It's always nice to meet new folks, right?

You walk up to her after grabbing your meal (you've taken quite a large plate. You feel RAVENOUS). "Mind if we join you?"

"... Sure, why not? This is your ship," she replies.

"Thanks." You take a seat across from her. "The name's Sora. This is Riku and Kairi."

She seems to ignore you for a few seconds, but finally answers. "Samus. Samus Aran... People have been mentioning your name since I got here, Sora. Something about you being afflicted by the Fog?"

"Yeah. But I'm feeling better already. I hear you were stranded out there. What happened?"

"Space Pirates. They and I don't get along very well. I managed to beat them, but my ship wasn't in good shape afterwards. If your ship hadn't come along, I'd have had... issues."

"Glad we were around, then," Riku says.

Kairi nods. "So... what brought you out here, anyways?"

"Work."

"What kind of work? You going to have problems completing it now that your ship's damaged?"

"... No, I don't think I will. I had already completed the job, and was on my way to collect my pay when I got attacked."

"What do you do?" you ask.

"... Bounty hunting. I track down people others don't want around, bring them down, and get paid. Mostly government-contracted."

"So you go and take out bad guys? Save people?"

"... Mostly. It's not all heroism and bravery. Some of the people I have had to work with are... less than admirable." She sighs. "Luckily, business isn't exactly slow nowadays. With the Galactic Federation's forces being tied up so badly, it falls to folks like me to keep the peace."

"So you're taking advantage of the situation?" Riku asks, looking a bit sour. Samus takes another matter-of-fact bite from the sandwich in front of her.

"... Don't look at me like that. I know it's not exactly the nicest thing, benefiting from the disorder the Heartless are causing. But in some lines of work, that's just the facts of life. Personally, I prefer doing what I do now than ending up having to work for some random scum with money to spare and interests to protect. If you don't like it, you don't have to sit near me."

Kairi shifts a bit awkwardly. "Err... So, what was your latest mission?"

"Sabotage, actually. Someone had some kind of biological superweapon being constructed on one of the dead worlds from the old wars."

"Wow, how'd you-"

"I blew it up." She takes another bite of her sandwich.

"Like... the facility? The whole place?" Riku whistles in awe. "That... that must have-"

"... The whole planet." You all stare. She finishes her sandwich, and gets up. "Sometimes, the extreme measures are the only measures. Enjoy your lunch."

----------

Sora (3), Kairi (2), Donald (7), and Goofy (11) research.
Riku Excavated, and found a treasure chest. Inside... was a Lucid Stone! Riku put it in the Storage

Day 45
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

You're eating breakfast when you see Donald get called to the cockpit. You decide to follow, and quickly you and the others are all gathered up at the cockpit.

"Heya, Sora. Glad to see you up and about!" Chip says.

"Thanks. What's up?"

"Well... take a look."

You look outside, and see a ship just... floating about. It looks like a simple boat, but it's badly damaged, and you can SEE the darkness corroding pieces of it.

"Another stranded vessel?" Donald asks.

"Yeah, it's giving off a distress signal... I think."

"You think?"

"Well..." Dale scratches the back of his head. "The sequence isn't anything CLOSE to anything we'd recognize as a standard message. At least by Galactic Federation standard signal codebooks. We're still trying to figure out what codebook it's operating under, if any."

"So the question here is... do we want to investigate?" Chip asks.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
KH2 - Sora's Theme
Metroid: Samus' Theme

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 18th, 2014, 12:02 pm

"If there's a chance that there's someone still on board, we need to save them. But first, why not ask Samus to take a look at the code? She might recognize it. And bring us around, see if we can find a name on the hull."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » November 18th, 2014, 2:29 pm

I pretty much agree with TK, but not quite that wording. I think it just seems a little - I dunno, 'sophisticated' or 'formal'? - for Sora. I think something more along the lines of "If there's still someone there, we should help them! *think for a second or two* Maybe Samus might recognize the code?" (We could throw in a "I wonder what the name of this ship is?" somewhere.)
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 18th, 2014, 3:46 pm

The last part makes sense to me because Sora was raised in a sea-faring community. He'd know how to use the correct terminology.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 18th, 2014, 5:07 pm

With Tempest. See if Samus knows the code, see if we can see any sort of name on the other side of the ship, see if there's anyone to rescue.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 18th, 2014, 5:35 pm

Day 45
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

"If there's a chance anyone's aboard, we gotta save them, right?" You ask.

"I... honestly have my doubts anyone's aboard," Donald says. "That ship looks like it's been like this for... some time. We get any updates on the distress signal?"

"Yeah, our boys in communications sent us an update. By their records, it's not Galactic Federation." Dale replies.

"It doesn't seem to be a Disney signal, or an Olympian, either..." Chip starts counting on his fingers. "At least not any modern-day cipher, anyway, they're pulling out the old codebooks to see if the signal is something we even have on record. Nothing corresponding to the local Open Worlds... They ain't Space Pirates..."

"Maybe Samus knows the frequency?"

"We can ask, I guess," Chip says. "But unless she's an expert on these things, I doubt she'd recognize this."

You look closely at the ship, looking for a name. "Don't most ships have a name on their hull?"

"Not always," Goofy says. "A fair number of ships get by simply by looking especially different from the other ships."

Donald frowns. "It's certainly a pretty old vessel. Must've been made before Gummi Blocks were discovered. Who knows how long it's been drifting about in the Space Between..."

You watch the ship slowly rotate about as you get closer, and you see the other side. There's something written there, but it's not a language you know.

Music:
KHBBS: The Worlds

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 18th, 2014, 5:40 pm

Still say we should get Samus to come take a look. If she's been a bounty hunter for a long time like she said, she's probably seen a whole bunch of different stuff. She may have seen something like this before, and might be able to tell us if this is a trap or not. We should also probably send a boarding party over to investigate. Help people if they're there, see if there's any treasure we might be able to find.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Wraith5 » November 18th, 2014, 5:48 pm

With Rigger.
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 18th, 2014, 8:07 pm

Agreeing with Rigger.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » November 18th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Point out the writing on the ship. After that, I'm with Rigger.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Ristridin » November 19th, 2014, 1:18 pm

With Rigger and JAG.

Have to say, the first thing I thought when I read the previous update was 'TRAP!'. Let's be careful when approaching.

What's the status on our Visions after the strange fog? We could spend our Visionary VP if we still have it... There are some nice grey words to get info about as well.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 19th, 2014, 10:10 pm

With Rigg.

Just a thought, for after. We still need to get Kairi's way finder fixed. I propose we offer a sacrifice of part of our own way finder (Riku will too, I'm sure.) So that she might fix hers, and done in a way so that all are whole, if maybe a little smaller.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Wraith5 » November 19th, 2014, 10:26 pm

I agree.
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 1st, 2014, 11:51 pm

OoG: VP is the same as it was before the Fog.

Day 45
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

As Chip and Dale call up Samus to ask her if she knows anything about distress signals, you look at Donald and Goofy.

"Hey... You see that? It looks like writing." You point at the symbols on this other side of the ship. This side seems less damaged... but that's a moot point, because you can still see through to the other side in places. What happened to this ship? "Do you recognize any of it?"

Donald frowns. "Nope. I don't think I've even seen it-"

"I think I have," Goofy says, scratching his chin. He then hammers a fist into his palm. "... Yeah! I remember seeing those symbols, back in college."

"Eh?" Donald raises an eyebrow. "Where'd you see it?"

"Ancient History class. It wasn't related to my major, but gwarsh was it exciting." Goofy smiles. "But I definitely remember seeing that writing. It was an ancient language from... uh..."

"Froommmm...?" Riku gestures for Goofy to continue.

"Uh... Ummm... Where have I seen it before?"

Donald frowns. "Ancient History, huh... I took that class, too, and I don't recognize this from it. You sure, Goofy?"

"Uhhhmmm..."

"Well, if it's actually that old," Riku says. "Then there's probably nobody aboard... You think there's anything in there we might be able to use?"

"Probably," Donald says. "If nothing else, we might learn more about where the ship came from."

"Well, what're we waiting for?" you ask. "Let's take a closer look."

Donald nods. "Right. Goofy, Riku, stay here to oversee things. Sora, Kairi, you're with me."

"Wait, why can't I come?" Riku asks.

"Just in case. On the off chance something happens in there and we get in trouble, we're going to need someone to rescue us. And if that can't happen, the worlds still need the Keyblade."

Riku frowns at that, but sighs. "... Alright. I guess... I can't argue with that logic. Just... you know, take care of them, alright?"

Donald nods. "Of course."

-----

Almost an hour later, during which Samus confirms her lack of knowledge regarding the distress signal's code, the three of you are inside strange suits, connected by tubes to the Highwind. You leap out of the airlock and, feeling like you're swimming through the ocean, float towards the nearby ship. This close, you can SEE the darkness suffused throughout the ship. It almost looks like it's the only thing holding the vessel together, now.

You slip in through a gaping hole in the hull... and find that the ship is in fact bigger on the inside, much like the Highwind. Magic runes on your suits' ankles activate, and your feet gently touch down on wood, and it feels just like you're on land again.

"Huh. Dimensional magic," Donald says. "Whoever they are, they knew their stuff." He gestures for you to follow, and the three of you walk down an corridor.

Kairi glances through an busted doorway. "I wonder what they were doing out here?"

"Transporting supplies, making sure conquered worlds were still conquered, waiting to raid other ships, protecting areas from raiders..." Donald ticks off his fingers. "There's countless possible reasons. If Goofy really saw that writing in an Ancient History class, then this ship probably outdates most current governments. Anything in there?"

"Nothing I can see."

"Let's keep moving, then. This place gives me the creeps."

You continue along, until you turn a corner, and what awaits you gives you pause.

A large keyhole plastered on a large door.

"You don't think...?"

"Ah! That's it!" Goofy shouts over the radio. "I remember now. This language was what the Keyblade Order used as a common language in their early days. By the time I took that class, it was a dead language. I don't think there's anyone alive who'd know how to read it."

"I... think we guessed that as well, Goofy," Donald mutters. "There's a keyhole here." He starts waving his hands, and magic runes reach out, poking at the door and the surrounding area. "... There's powerful defensive magic here. Whatever is behind this door, the Keyblade Order didn't want anyone without a Keyblade getting their mitts on."

"Well... I guess it's a good thing I've got a Keyblade," you say. "Want me to open it?"

"Hmmmm... Yeah. I doubt it's anything dangerous... The wards here are to keep things out, not necessarily in, I think."

You nod, and summon the Keyblade, pointing it at the doorway. Your Keyblade's light resonates with the keyhole, and the door simply vanishes.

Inside is a small room, one that looks like it belonged to the captain of the ship. You notice that it looks practically unblemished, and unaffected by the darkness. As you walk in, the door reappears behind you. Donald walks over to the desk in the center, and looks at a book just sitting there. "... More gibberish. Wonder if His Majesty would know where we could get this translated..." His eyes travel around the desk, and he picks up a card. "Huh, a tarot card."

You and Kairi walk over and take a look. Its a simple design of a woman on a throne, carrying a Keyblade in one hand, and a scale in the other.

"Justice, I think. Huh..."

You shrug and look around, and tucked away in a corner is a single treasure chest. You walk over and tap it open. Inside, you find a heart-shaped board, covered with strange glowing lines and boxes and cylinders on one side. It almost looks like a map.

"Huh." You look at it oddly. "Hey, Donald, any idea what this is?"

Donald inspects it. "Looks like... some kind of computer part."

The three of you continue your search a few hours more, but find nothing else of note. Donald collects the book and card, and you carry the map... computer... thing... back to the Gummi Ship.

Legacy Logbook obtained! The Gummi Ship gained 30 EXP!
Keybearer Tarot Card VIII - Justice obtained! This Tarot Card has been placed in Storage Bay 1!
Mysterious Motherboard obtained! It was placed in Storage Bay 1!

With that done, you all continue on your way.

Day 46
The Traverse Town Gummi Garage
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

The next day, you disembark with the others, stepping out onto the Gummi Garage. Moogles flock towards your ship and Samus' ship. You spy Samus speaking with the Moogles, looking somewhat annoyed. She sighs, and walks over to Donald.

"Thanks for the assist." She hands him a bag of Munny. "Here. This is the best I can offer. Sorry it's not more."

"Not a problem, m'am."

Donald got 500 Munny! He placed it in his bag, and now has 768 Munny!

You give her a wave goodbye as you head through the portal to Traverse Town...

Day 46
The Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"It feels like it's been forever since we've been here!" You grin, taking a look around the First District. "I wonder how everyone's doing-" You pause, taking in the town.

It's grown, it looks like. You can see huge, partially-built buildings off in the distance, stretching into the sky. You see a strange light blink from one of the towers, and it flies down towards the streets below.

"Wooooww..."

"No kidding," Riku says. "I can't imagine the islands having buildings like that."

The town seems relatively full of people, wandering about on their daily business. You look around, and see...

"... Neku?" Sure enough, near the center of the district you can see the purple-clad boy... just snoozing there. People seem to be just nonchalantly ignoring him. "Uhhh..."

"You know him?" Riku asks.

"Yeah. Remember the Reaper's Game? I met him there. But... why is he...?"

Music:
KHBBS - The Worlds
KH1 - Traverse Town
TWEWY - Deja Vu

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 1st, 2014, 11:58 pm

Vision on the Mysterious Motherboard, I want to know if it might have something to do with how we could fix Cortana, or failing that, perhaps upgrade Twilight Town's defenses, if they're still having problems with those systems.

Tarot Card VIII? Sounds like we've got another collection quest on our hands!

See if we can't wake Neku up to say hi, or if Joshua's going to show up and stop us just before we touch Neku, say something cryptic, then leave us with more questions than answers.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 2nd, 2014, 12:19 am

Poke Neku with a stick. Metaphorically. Afterward, head for the place with the thing and bring the stuff. (Take the Motherboard and all Lucid material we got to Laguna/Serah.)
gamebrain89

Unread postby Bezzerker » December 2nd, 2014, 12:24 am

I would say use a Vision on the room we found the items in, rather than any one particular item at the moment. That might give us some clues to follow for all three items.

Otherwise, I like trying to talk to Neku, we should probably drop the motherboard off with Laguna regardless of what our Vision might say about it, and we definitely need to ask around about translating the log book.

Also, the other stuff Game said that I didn't.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 2nd, 2014, 1:12 am

Agreeing with Rigger and Game, let's see what's up with Neku if we can, then offload some of our finds and see about advancing Serah's quest.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » December 2nd, 2014, 1:39 am

I'm with Rigger, but one exception. I'm with Bezz on using the VP on the ROOM the stuff was in. Like they were saying, they probably didn't want something getting out. However... that 'something' might not have been something we could touch/see directly... And even if the stuff we found was the 'something', well... I'll stop there.

Bring stuff to people, use vision on the room, not the stuff directly.
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » December 2nd, 2014, 8:33 am

As tempted as I am to literally poke Neku with a stick, just for the laughs, I agree with Bezzerker.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 9th, 2014, 6:12 pm

Oog:
Votes:

Vision
2 --Guided, related to Mysterious Motherboard (Rigger, Temp)
3 --Guided, related to Captain's Room (Bez, Wraith, JAG)

6 -- Check on Neku (Rigger, Game, Bez, Temp, Wraith, JAG)
5 -- Check with Laguna, give Mysterious Motherboard, Lucid Items, and Grief Seeds (Game, Bez, Temp, Wraith, JAG)

Day 46
The Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You walk up to Neku, and poke him. "Uhhh, Neku, you alrig-"

He snaps awake with a small cry. "Whoa! What- Huh?" He looks around. "Huuh. What time is it?" He checks a device he pulls out of his pocket. "... Yeesh, that late? Damnit, why didn't the alarm go off!?"

"Ummm..."

He notices you. "Oh... uh, hey. Thanks for waking me up..." He narrows his eyes. "... Have we met before...?"

"Er, yeah. My name is-"

"... Sora! That's right." Neku smirks. "Sorry. Things from around then are a bit fuzzy... Joshua told me what you did for us," he says as you help him up. "Thanks. I... really don't have much of anything to give you, but if you need anything, uhhh... you know. I'm over by his club a lot."

"No, it's not a problem... Uh, what were you doing just lying around here?"

"It's stupid. I just... get this urge to take naps around here. Joshua says it's some kind of side effect, and then spouted a bunch of bull I don't understand." He sighs. "It's a bit annoying, but you'd be surprised how comfy the ground is right here."

Kairi laughs.

"What's so funny?"

"Oh, it's just... you sound a little like Sora. He could sleep ANYWHERE."

You give her a undignified look. Not just anywhere! You have tastes.

Neku smirks. "Sounds more like Beat, to me." His smirk suddenly drops. "Ugh, I shouldn't be sitting here chattering like a monkey. I got work!" He starts running off, waving back to you all. "Thanks again!"

You wave him off as he goes. You turn to face your friends, but notice that Riku's rummaging in a well-hidden chest in your peripheral vision. He pulls out what looks like a giant candle and attaches it to his pack. You notice that while he's holding it, the wick at the tip is aflame.

Riku obtained the Giant Candle.

"So, you ready?" You nod. "Alright, let's get moving," Riku says.

------------------

When you walk into the mayor's residence, you notice two individuals sitting in chairs. One of them is a rather plain-looking boy about your age with short, neat hair, wearing a white shirt and pants (it looks... kinda like a school uniform to you)...

But the girl next to him draws your attention from him quickly. Short blue hair and a single red eye (the other is covered up by bandages) glance blankly at you for half a second, before returning to the opposite wall. She's wearing a simple dress with a similar amount of decorum to the other boy's, but there are bandages covering her neck (not to mention just about everywhere that, and she looks... sickly.

"... You five." You look away to see the Chief, in his full imposing armor, sitting at a desk. He looks to have just been doing paperwork. "It's been a while."

"Yeah. Pretty much a month, right?" Riku asks. "How are things holding up? Where's Laguna?"

"In the back, talking with one of the new folks about... things." Cortana chimes in. "I'll let him know you're here."

You settle a bit, and as you sit there, thinking about what to do while waiting for Laguna, you feel a sense of vertigo...

Vision
Spoiler: show
You see the halls of the ship you explored yesterday, in much more pristine condition. You vision passes along the halls, settling on the mess hall, where a fight is taking place. Two warriors decked out in full armor, one bearing a Keyblade and the other wielding a scimitar.

"Get out of my way, you bastard!" One knight growls, darkness flowing freely around him through cracks in the armor. "It's no use, anyway! With this..." He gestures to his Keyblade. "... there's no prison that can lock me up, no seal that I can't undo! Not even the Order can hold me on one of their own ships!"

"I cannot. If we cannot imprison you..." The other swallows a lump in his throat. "... then I have no choice but to put an end to you."

"Hah! Please. I've killed hundreds of my own kind already. What can an ant like you do?" He dives forward, slashing right through the man's scimitar and sending the man flying into a table. "Your weapon is useless, your heart is weak!"

The scimitar-user rises, his helmet coming apart from the damage. You can see a single eye spare a glance to his right, and he smiles even as darkness invades him. "... But my cannons are strong."

A second later, the walls of the ship blow inward as a chain of explosions tear the mess hall apart.

When the carnage is over, the vessel is in shambles. You can see countless bodies, wracked by battle, floating about, dissolving into specks of darkness and light as your vision moves through the vessel...

You finally see a woman sitting against the keyhole-sealed door. She coughs a little in her damaged suit, before removing the helmet.

"... It seems the fighting is over... I can only hope that man has been undone... We've had quite the run, haven't we, Sirencrown?"

The ship creaks, almost as though in response.

"... I wonder if we'll be remembered? The tale of the swashbuckling Princess and her stalwart vessel... an inspiration to the bearers of the future..." She chuckles. "Well, except maybe this. What... a cruddy end... not even worth writing in a book..."

The ship creaks again as darkness pushes at the woman, not able to find a way in.

"I... can only hope that my successor... is as heroic..."

She gives a sigh, and is silent. Her body, clothes, and armor begin to dissolve into specks of light.

Music:
KH1 - Traverse Town
TWEWY - Deja Vu
KH 358/2 Days - Vector to the Heavens

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 9th, 2014, 6:19 pm

Well, that was interesting, but I'm not sure how immediately helpful it's going to be. Talk with Laguna and give him the various items voted on in the last post.

Old people know about history, right? After we're done here, let's go ask Dumbledore and Merlin (if he's around) about evil Keybladers in history, provided Laguna doesn't give us another Plot Hook.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 9th, 2014, 6:29 pm

Yeah, that was interesting, but in the end pointless in regards to giving us any actionable info. Introduce ourselves to the newbies while we wait for Laguna to show so we can turn over our bits and bobs. Then we can go poke around and see hows tricks. We must go see Josh, and given the opportunity give him a friendly noogie. And I suppose we can go poke the fossils for information like Rigger suggests.
gamebrain89

Return to “%s” Quests