KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby Wraith5 » December 9th, 2014, 6:47 pm

With Rigger, especially with game's additions.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 9th, 2014, 8:42 pm

Agreeing with Rigger and Game, though I would also suggest we either stop by Serah and Lightning's place, or let Riku split off in order to go see her.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » December 9th, 2014, 8:51 pm

oog: I'm late! I'm late! I'm so very late! ...I can't remember how the rest of that goes.

ig: What we just saw probably happened before Dumbledore's great-great-grandfather was even a thought, though, now that I think about it, Merlin might know something depending on how old he is. So with that in mind, I agree with the above.

EDIT: Also, now that I've had a look at the Giant Candle, I think we should have Donald equip it.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 9th, 2014, 9:54 pm

I'm making the suggestion of "ask the old people" from the point of view of Sora, who at this point in canon is naive and a bit thick headed, so I, personally, don't think Dumbledore has much knowledge about the events, but I think Sora would make the connection of "Old people like talking about the past, let's ask an old person."

And while I know Fox has been wrestling with this particular fact for quite some time, Merlin is canonically a time traveler in The Sword in the Stone, so there's a chance he'll have more information.

Personally, I think the only "old person" with any real chance of having the information we're looking for on this particular subject is Yen Sid, who is referred to in the timeline notes as the Immortal Yen Sid, so there's a possibility he was around for the events in question.

VOTE: I agree with Gamebrain's additions to my plan, as well as having Donald equip the Giant Candle.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 10th, 2014, 8:23 pm

Just to clarify
Then we can go poke around and see hows tricks.
Means go and see how our friends in town are doing, in general, so yeah, seeing Light and Serah is included in my idea (Along with Sakura, and Rarity, and such.). I just made a point of calling out Josh specifically, so he didn't get missed.

So just to get everything in one place, for simplicity's sake
VOTE: Talk with Laguna and give him the various items voted on in the last post.

Old people know about history, right? After we're done here, let's go ask Dumbledore and Merlin (if he's around) about evil Keybladers in history, provided Laguna doesn't give us another Plot Hook.
+
Introduce ourselves to the newbies while we wait for Laguna to show so we can turn over our bits and bobs. Then go poke around and see our friends, in no particular order (Though I expect Riku might have ideas on where to start. And then Sakura and Rarity and so forth. Also, make a point of stopping in to see Joshua, and attempt to give him a friendly noogie. Because he must be introduced to ALL THE THINGS FRIENDS DO TO EACH OTHER!
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 17th, 2014, 6:10 pm

Oog:
And while I know Fox has been wrestling with this particular fact for quite some time, Merlin is canonically a time traveler in The Sword in the Stone, so there's a chance he'll have more information.
*HIISSSSS*

Damned time wizard. :brzzzzz: Time travel in KH is freaking weird.

IG:
Day 46
The Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Huh... That was... interesting, you guess.

Riku and Donald are chatting a bit, and Kairi's dozing. Goofy is talking with the Chief, and while the armored man seems annoyed at first, the two seem to be hitting it off.

You lean forward, to address your fellow visitors. "So, uh... hey."

The boy startles a bit, and the blue-haired girl simply turns to look at you. "Uh..." The boy starts.

"Name's Sora. What's yours?"

"S... Shinji. Shinji Ikari."

"Rei Ayanami."

"Wow, those are mouthfuls."

"... Is there something you want from us?" Rei asks. Her voice is very... even. No inflection at all. You're not sure whether she's snapping at you or simply asking a question. It's a little spooky.

You blink. "Not... really. Just wanted to talk. I didn't see you around when I was here last."

"..." Shinji doesn't reply to that.

"Our world was lost a week ago." Okay, scratch that. Rei is extremely creepy. How... how can someone say something like that so... easily? Meanwhile, Shinji seems to slump a little more.

"... Sorry. I didn't mean to bring that up."

"You left this world, then?" Rei asks. Well, at least she's kinda talkative.

"Yeah. I'm... we're..." You scratch the back of your head. "We're actually looking for a way to stop the Heartless and put all this stuff right, and doing what we can to protect the worlds. Not to brag or anything... but we've made quite a bit of headway, I'd say!"

"..." Rei doesn't respond at all to that. You know, you'd have thought that would have provoked some kind of reaction from either of them.

"So... you guys find yourselves a job or something?"

Shinji frowns. "... No. Not yet. I... there's nothing I can do."

"I am working part time at the Tools of the Trade. I take care of the register. Beyond that, my manager, Bowser, gives orders, and I follow them."

"I know Bowser. He's a pretty nice guy, I think. Really loves his son. I'm sure you're in good hands with him! And as for you, Shinji... I'm sure you'll find something. Everybody's got SOMETHING they can do."

"... No. I... I'm worthless. There was only one thing I could do... and now it's gone."

You're... not sure how to respond to that... And you don't get the chance as you're distracted by the sound of doors opening.

"Now, remember what I said, alright?"

"Ugggghhhh. Fine." A redheaded, blue-eyed girl in a red... skin tight suit... thing... saunters down the hall into the front room. Laguna follows her, and gives you a wave.

"Riku, Sora, Kairi! And Donald and Goofy, too. Good to see you!"

"Likewise," you reply. "How are things?"

"Pretty good, all told. I'm afraid you've come at a bad time, though, but if you can wait a few hours, I'll be sorted to talk with you." Laguna says as the girl beside him scans the room, eyes landing on...

"Well, what's a guy like you doing in a place like this?" The girl says in a loud tone that you're pretty sure is designed to draw the attention of everything in the room, smirking at Riku while taking a rather... aggressive pose. "Name's Asuka. Asuka Langley Soryu. And... you are?"

"Riku. Just... Riku." Riku asks, looking confused.

"Nice name." Her grin becomes a little... predatory. "You know, how about after you're done here, I take you out on the town?"

"Sorry, I have other arrangements," Riku replies. "Friends to catch up with, that sort of thing." He then goes back to chatting with Donald, leaving her in a frozen state of shock. "Sure, we can wait, Mayor." He gets up, and starts for the door. You nod and nudge Kairi awake.

"Looks like we'll have to wait a bit, so we're gonna check on our friends, alright?"

"Sure." The five of you walk out the door.

It's only five minutes later, as you enter the Back Streets to visit Joshua, that Riku stops. "... Wait. Was that girl... asking me out?"

Donald snickers.

"Oh gods. She was asking me out. I'm no good at this sort of thing. I mean, oh gods. How do I let her down easy? What if I tick her off? What if she starts stalking me? What if Serah finds out...? Oh no. What if Light finds out!? She will kill me."

"Calm down, Riku," Kairi grabs him by the shoulders. "Look at me. You didn't give her any reason to think that you were interested, did you?"

"I... I don't know! How am I supposed to know that!? I'm not a mind reader! How do I know whether I gave her any ideas?"

"What did you say?"

"Umm. I told her I had other arrangements."

"Riku... You went noncommittal. You never go noncommittal. It leads them on! What will you say if you see her again?"

Riku makes a choking noise.

Kairi sighs. "... Okay. Needs work. Just... tell her that you're already taken. Simple. Straightforward. Got it?"

"Alright. Thanks."

Kairi lets go of him. "No problem. Now, let's go."

The three of you move on, and eventually arrive at Joshua's club. Music is leaking out from inside. There seems to be a new addition to the place, though: the entrance has been gated off, and there's a line to get in... with Beat at the front door, apparently keeping things orderly.

He notices you three, and shouts, "Hey, hey! Quit staring. Either get in line, or get out of here-!" You see Joshua step out of the club, and smile at you.

"Ah, Sora, Riku, Kairi. Let these five in, Beat, I was expecting them."

"Er... Al... right..."

You walk up to him, and smile. "Good to see you, Beat. Good luck with this line."

"Um, thanks... uh..." He seems to be thinking hard about something as you head inside. "Where have I seen those guys before...?"

"So, what's with the new setup, Joshua?" Riku asks.

"Hm? Oh, well... Beat needed a job, so I found him one that suited him. Although, I'd say it turned out better than expected for my business. Far fewer brawls breaking out, or lost kids wandering in," He gives the three of you a significant, though teasing look.

"Glad to see your friends are back. Though... I heard about some kind of side effects?"

Joshua smiles. "It's nothing worth mentioning, I think. Just... an issue that arose from how I was keeping them from fading. They'll be fine, especially once you all find a way to restore our world."

"So, they adjusting well, other than that?"

"Yeah. Shiki, I hear, found a job over in the Second District. I'm fairly sure you know her employers. She's just in heaven. And Neku's busy slapping advertisements all over town. He's drawn up quite a few customers around here. Apparently the Back Streets aren't the best place in Traverse Town when you're looking for exposure. Rhyme ended up enrolled in the local school. Beat's is hoping... I mean... we're hoping that by learning and befriending others her own age, she'll develop goals, hopes and dreams... and claim anew the things she lost.

"What about you, Sora? I can tell you've gotten a fair bit stronger... How are things beyond Traverse Town?"

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
Kingdom Hearts - Traverse Town
Neon Genesis Evangelion - Rei I
KH:Re CoM - Just Wondering
TWEWY Solo Mix- Jump Over Yourself

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Last edited by JamestheFox on December 17th, 2014, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 17th, 2014, 6:32 pm

"Confusing. And big with a capital B. Every time we get one question answered it brings up six more." *Sighs while nonchalantly moving to stand next to him, perhaps tossing an arm around his shoulders like a friend would while expounding upon their experiences.*

"All these different wierdos with their own agendas, after us or something else. It's stressful. It's good to have friends along for the ride."

*Smile at Riku and Kairi and Donald and Goofy*

"But we had some stuff to drop off, and a general feeling something might be going on, so we decided it'd be a good idea to stop back for a visit. Laguna's busy at the moment, so we decided to go see how our other friends were doing. You're the first stop. Glad things are going better, buddy."

Then NOOGIE HIM. NOOGIE HIM NOW!
Last edited by gamebrain89 on December 18th, 2014, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
gamebrain89

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 17th, 2014, 6:54 pm

I am in full support of the noogie, as well as the rest of Game's plan.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 17th, 2014, 7:05 pm

Dooooooooooo eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » December 17th, 2014, 7:32 pm

"Confusing. And big with a capital B. Every time we get one question answered it brings up six more." *Sighs while nonchalantly moving to stand next to him, perhaps tossing an arm around his shoulders like a friend would while we expound upon our experiences.*

"All these different wierdos with their own agendas, after us or something else. It's stressful. It's good to have friends along for the ride."

*Smile at Riku and Kairi and Donald and Goofy*

"But we had some stuff to drop off, and a general feeling something might be going on, so we decided it'd be a good idea to stop back for a visit. Laguna's busy at the moment, so we decided to go see how our other friends were doing. You're the first stop. Glad things are going better, buddy."

Then NOOGIE HIM. NOOGIE HIM NOW!
YES! A thousand times "YES!!!!"
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 20th, 2014, 3:39 pm

OoG:
Be warned, first music link is to a... fairly NSFW song, at least in subject material.

IG:
Day 46
The Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"Confusing. And big. Like, really big, with a capital B." You sigh, stretching out your arms and stepping into line with Joshua as he leads you all to the bar. "Every time we get one question answered it brings up six more."

"Yeah, that sounds like life," Joshua says, raising an eyebrow as you settle an arm on his shoulder. The club's music shifts, and after the lyrics hit, you're... not sure this position has the best connotations. But you stick to it, because you gotta stick to the plan!

"I guess. But all these different wierdos keep popping up with their own agendas, after us or something else. It's stressful. But luckily, I've got friends along for the ride." You smirk at the others. "Anywho. We had some stuff to drop off, and a general feeling something might be going on, so we decided it'd be a good idea to stop back for a visit."

"A general feeling, or one of your Visions?" Joshua smirks. "I'd be careful, if I were you. Word of that little gift has spread a little, since you left. Not EVERYONE knows it, but I've heard it chatted about. We can only hope that your enemies haven't heard about it. There are ways to mess with precogs out there."

"Thanks for the memo."

"No problem. So, what brings you here?"

"Well, Laguna's busy at the moment, so we decided to go see how our other friends were doing. You're the first stop."

"Aww, that's sweet-" You grin, and interrupt whatever bout of sarcasm he was about to throw out with one heck of a noogie. "... Ack. Alay. My gorgeous hairdo, you will be missed."

You pout at the deadpan reaction, and let go. "... Aww, I was hoping for more of a reaction."

"You weren't especially stealthy about it." Joshua smirks, pulling out a comb, and looking in the reflective surface of the bar as he neatens his hair back up. "Beat likes to pull that exact move. Every. Morning. It got old after the first 10 times."

"Heh. Sounds to me like an invitation to up your game, Sora." Riku says, smirk widening.

"Please don't." Joshua says, finishing his hair, though it seems to have lost a bit of its... bounce, you guess. "I have to do enough restructuring of my professional appearance with Beat around. I do have an image to maintain."

You smirk. "I'll think about it."

The six of you chat for a while, and Joshua regales you with tales of notable guests and gossip running around the club. Apparently, Squall got dragged in here by Rinoa, and according to Joshua, the dance floor got... frisky. And awkward shortly thereafter.

Dumbledore and Merlin, who has recently returned to Traverse Town, apparently had the chess match of the ages a week ago. "At least, that's what my older informants say."

Bowser managed to take first at a minor fighting tourney. Supposedly the fight between him and Yoko had to be seen to be believed.

A caravan from one of the local Open Worlds - Joshua didn't bother asking what world - Apparently popped in and sold their wares for a few days not long after you left. They were complaining the whole time about filthy bandits blockading the path they used to get here. "Supposedly, they claimed that the Galactic Federation isn't doing its job."

"Bah, they're doing it fairly well, considering what their situation is," Donald grumbles. "They have to deal with the Heartless and Maleficent, too. I'm just glad they've managed to keep Darkseid in check, despite everything."

"Who?" Riku asks.

Donald shudders. "Darkseid. Ruler of a world called Apokolips. Tried conquering the multiverse, twice. Got away both times. He's... well, he's bad news. Maleficent's a problem, nobody denies that, especially with the Heartless on her side. But if Darkseid took advantage of the Federation's forces being spread out, and began trying to conquer other worlds again... Or worse, if he joined up with Maleficent or got the Heartless on his side some other way... Well..."

Goofy nods. "It'd be bad. Real bad."

"Anyway, I'd say to just give the Federation time, they're probably allocating forces to handle the local bandits as we speak."

Eventually, the conversation winds down, and you and the others head out.

You head out to the First District, and make for Serah and Light's apartment in the Third.

Riku knocks, and after a fairly long wait, the door opens up to reveal Serah. She seems... a bit down, though that is mostly wiped away by surprise. You can see inside, they've got some kind of screen showing an image of someone talking to someone else. Her gemstone sits on a table, a little under half full.

"Riku!?" She gives him a hug.

"Hey. You feeling alright?"

"Y-yeah. Just a bit... lonely, that's all."

"How about we head to the Cafe?"

She looks away. "I'm... I'm not sure. Light... she doesn't really like me heading out without... If she learns I even opened the door..."

Riku crosses his arms. "We can apologize later. Besides, it's not healthy to coop yourself up like this."

"..." She seems hesitant. "But..."

"... Well... hmmm... when does your sis get home? Maybe... I can hang out with you til then? Yeah. She doesn't even have to know."

She thinks a while about it. "I... I guess."

"Great." Riku smirks. "Uhhh..."

"We'll meet with you at the Mayor's place," Kairi says. "You two have fun."

Riku blushes. "Thanks."

You think as you head out the door. That leaves...

Music:
TWEWY Remix - Give Me All Your Love (All My Love)
TWEWY Remix - Long Dream (1980s)
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - You Should Become a Magical Girl!

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 20th, 2014, 6:02 pm

The VisionBait is too tempting. Let's Vision on the Own Agendas trigger.

Let's go visit Dumbledore and Merlin.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 20th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Agreeing with Rigger.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » December 20th, 2014, 8:46 pm

With above.
Wraith5

Unread postby Bezzerker » December 21st, 2014, 1:07 am

I would like to visit the shopkeepers that we met last time, both to see how they're doing and to drop of some items for inspirations. After that, a trip to the Elric brothers would probably be a good idea, as they might be able to help Laguna with researching the computer part due to spending time in the library. We should also check in with Sakura to see how she's doing as well as visit the Cafe to speak with Dumbledore.

======

For the Inspiration Items, I would say hand over the:

Dancer's Anklets and Tough Strap to Rarity

Knight's Heart Staff and Falling Star Staff to Max

I'm also debating the merits of using either Power Sword SILHOUTTE or the Dull Orb of Minwu as Inspiration Items. If we did, the Power Sword should probably go to Max as well as he deals with weapons of all types a bit more than the other shopkeepers we know; the Orb is a little trickier, as it could either go to Bowser, as he has an Item he's selling that also deals with Magic, though almost any shopkeeper could possibly benefit from studying it.

Would it be possible to set up a collaboration between multiple shopkeepers with a single Inspiration Item? If we could, I'd say having Rarity and Bowser both take a look at the Orb might be beneficial.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 21st, 2014, 3:40 am

Oh, there's Invisitext for this entry too. Fairly important stuff in my opinion.
Spoiler: show
Riku knocks, and after a fairly long wait, the door opens up to reveal Serah. She seems... a bit down, though that is mostly wiped away by surprise. You can see inside, they've got some kind of screen showing an image of someone talking to someone else. Her gemstone sits on a table, a little under half full.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » December 21st, 2014, 6:02 am

oog: Skipping invisitext because Tempest already got it.

ig: With Rigger.
JAGwin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 23rd, 2014, 8:06 pm

Remember the visiontext is what could potentially be touched upon by an unguided vision at this point, not a item we can choose to focus on.

I'd say we should hold off on hunting down Merlin and the like for potentially plot relevant info till Riku is with us as well. He's part of the team, here. We don't want to be excluding him from important stuff like that. So shop visits, maybe check up on Sakura, Rarity, ect. Poke around a bit.
gamebrain89

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 23rd, 2014, 9:35 pm

Not getting plot-critical info from Dumbledore and Merlin is what Riku gets for abandoning us to play kissy-face with his girlfriend, but I suppose we can delay until Riku gets back up with us.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 30th, 2014, 1:10 am

oog:

I do have a running list of who will be inspired by your items, and what they'll come up with. Not ALL of your items are Inspiration-capable, but I will let you know, at least oog, if you've brought an item that can inspire an NPC into their presence.

Collaborations aren't possible.

IG:
Day 46
The Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You smile, leading the group over to the Able Stables.

"Hello, welcome to Able Stables and Labels, how can I-Oh!" Mable's smile widens considerably upon seeing you. "Sora, Kairi! How wonderful to see you! Anything we can do for you?"

You can see a fair number of other people wandering the shop. You notice the area where they've stocked the Sparkle Mirrors has been seeing some degree of success.

Over in the corner, a rather mousy, bespectacled girl in green is happily working with Sable on new designs. It takes you a minute to recognize her as the true form of that Shiki girl, from The Reaper's Game.

It doesn't take long for Rarity to arrive, and after you manage to convince her that yes, the clothes she made you are still perfectly good stuff, the bunch of you, sans Sable, talk for a while (or at least, THEY talk with Kairi. Their talk gets... girly really quickly...). You get to kinda know Shiki... kinda. She seems to hang back from the conversation, working with Sable, until Mable pulls her in and introduces you.

You're not sure if she recognizes you much.

Inspiration Notice: The Following Items have caught the following characters' eyes!
Rarity: Petal Punch, Raising Heart SILHOUETTE, Knight's Heart Staff, Falling Star Staff

You find Max and Monica hard at work cleaning the shop. Dust is flying everywhere, and parts and wares are scattered all over the place.

"We... had an accident. Please excuse our mess!" Monica says sheepishly.

It turns out that Max is preparing his robot for the next tourney, and it went haywire, messing the whole shop up.

You chat a while. Apparently the depowered Thief Armlets are STILL selling like hotcakes, and Monica spends some time chatting with Kairi, seeking out other such accessories that could be made cheaper and easier to sell off.

By the end of it, Monica hands something to her, and she comes back with a smirk on her face.

Kairi obtained 300 Munny! She now has 366 Munny.
Inspiration Notice: The Following Items have caught the following characters' eyes!
Max: Knight's Heart Staff, Falling Star Staff, Petal Punch, Raising Heart SILHOUETTE

"So yeah, the Claymore System is actually up and running now. Even after you did... whatever you did, Heartless still pop in semi-regularly... but they're in fairly small numbers, totally manageable." Max smirks. "We can snipe and stun Heartless from well, WELL away, now, giving even people cornered by them a chance to get away. Now we're working on expanding the number of locations we have it installed at. I hear Bulma's working on making Claymore stations that can be placed on the Lightrail. It's actually pretty ingenious. Still, it's MY design that's making installation such a breeze."

"Gwarsh, you sure sound proud of yourself."

"Well, of course. I'm a tinkerer by trade, so I'm glad I got it working so well."

Bulma shows similar pride when you arrive. You notice that Light isn't around, and decide that's... maaayybe for the best? If she were here, she'd notice that Riku's not with you, and dots would be connected, and...

Upon asking, it turns out Light is also working part-time over at a shop run by Bowser. Bulma's actually surprised you didn't know about it before; supposedly it's where all the warriors go to buy the most basic of equipment and items needed for survival in battle.

Your group decides to NOT visit there just yet... again, Light. Riku. Problems.

You guys pop in on Nitwit, Oddment, Blubber and Tweak. Dumbledore isn't in, but Pinkie's moving and delivering orders lightning-quick, and Mikuru's managing to hold down the fort. You can see her friends partying over in a corner, celebrating... something.

You eventually get back to the northern districts, and visit Ed and Al. They're busy reading through all sorts of books, and when asked, get into a very... technical discussion with Donald. When you can't even figure out the meaning of the TITLE of the books they're talking about, you're pretty sure it's well over your head.

You do manage to catch Donald asking Ed about Kairi's... condition, though he keeps it vague. Unfortunately, Edward has found no books, but he mentions that Merlin was seen in town recently, and might know something useful. You and Donald mentally note to visit him later.

Finally, you arrive at your final stop before returning to Laguna, and step into Sakura's medical center. It seems a little less gloomy and creepy, compared to before...

Until you see Rei sitting in the waiting room, alongside her friends. She spares you only a small glance.

Suddenly, you hear a girly scream from inside the patient's room. "OH GOD MAKE IT STOP MAKE IT-OOOOOHHhhhhhohohohoooooooo..."

Five minutes later, you see that guy who helped you and Bowser before... Vash! That's right. Vash opens the door, stumbling a bit. "Man, that stings, but hey, bitter medicine, am I riiiiiiiight?"

"Alright. Sit here, and when I'm finished I'll make sure you get back home. Remember, bedrest. And take the medicine this time, SHANNARRO!"

"Yeah, don't worry, I'll be fiiiiinnnneneeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh!!" He collapses.

Sakura sighs, as Goofy helps him into a chair. "Idiot... Anyway, Rei, you- Oh, hey, you guys. Is... something wrong? Need a checkup?"

"Not really," You wince despite yourself. "Just checking in. We were in the neighborhood, and all.

"Glad to see you guys are doing alright... Er..." She looks a little worried. "Where... where's Riku?"

"Oh, he's just taking care of things elsewhere. We'll be meeting back up at the Mayor's place."

She sighs, and she relaxes a bit. "That's good. Now. Rei?"

Rei gets up... and her arm slips out of her sling and falls off.

"... What..." You stare at the offending limb. It's... gooey at the end that should be attached to her body.

"Errr..." Sakura shakes her head and picks up the limb. "It's alright. I'll get you right as rain, alright?"

"... Yes." Rei nods, and walks into the room with Sakura.

"... G-gwarsh," Goofy starts, "Uh... is that..."

"Normal?" Asuka asks. "Nothing about that bitch is normal."

"Asuka..." Shinji mutters. "Remember what Laguna said..."

"Gaaah. Can't say something nice, don't say it at all. Yeah yeah..."

Rei: Raising Heart SILHOUETTE, Dull Orb of Minwu

As you head back to the Mayor's house, you suddenly feel a sense of vertigo...

Vision
Spoiler: show
You see a dark corridor, and two men you've seen before: Facilier and the man with a hook for a hand. The hook-handed man barely offers Facilier a passing glance as he advances to his destination, his red coat standing out in the barely lit room.

"Care to hear your fortune, captain?" Facilier smiles as he leans against the wall, shuffling some cards. "Maybe.. change it around a bit?" The man snorts.

The captain stops. "I'd rather not. I know what you can do with those cards. The only thing I want to change right now is the presence of a certain buzzard on my ship. Not worth making a deal with you."

"Aw, you wound me." Facilier sighs. "Surely there's something else you want? After all, you're here, and part of this merry band of ours."

"Doctor, I have my ship, and all the power (and more of the riches than) I could gain on my own. And I'm only going to get more. That is all I desire from this arrangement."

Facilier shrugs, flourishing the cards as he falls into step with the captain. Even in the dim light, you can see his shadow, walking with an entirely different swagger than the man it's connected to. "Ah well. I tried. Really, all of you are so... close lipped about what it is you really desire. Why, I don't even know what the deal is with these girls. What are they, 'the fairest of them all?'"

Hook shakes his head. "I have no idea. Even if I cared to ask, Maleficent hasn't told anyone what exactly she's planning." The hallways shakes a little. "Hope it's worth these scallywags at our shores."

"You know, I heard that Jafar fought one of them, recently."

"What, the stooges?"

"No, the girls." Facilier flips a card, and you can see an image of Kairi, pouring the contents of one cup into the other. "It was supposed to be an easy capture..." the card flips, revealing Kairi hung by her ankles. "... But it seems he underestimated the waif." The card flips, and this time Kairi sits astride a lion, smirking confidently outward.

"And why should I worry about this?"

"Oh, no particular reason." Facilier turns onto a different hallway, and the two start to part ways.

"... Doctor." The captain calls. "I've told you my reasons. What of you?"

"Well, you could just say... I'm something of an interested party. I want to see how all this plays out..." Facilier smirks. As he continues into the darkness, your Vision closes in on his shadow, which swirls and churns like the depths of the ocean.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

You see Serah, sitting in her apartment with Riku. The two are watching... something on that screen.

"So... this is what people from your world do to kill time?" Riku asks.

"Honestly, I didn't do much of it before... well... Anyway, it's what a lot of people from a lot of different worlds do," Serah replies. "You guys don't have TV?"

"No."

"Then what do you do, back home?"

"... Well, I compete with Sora. Pull pranks on the other islanders. Watch the Guardians train. Exercise."

"You ever exercise your brain? You know, read a book or something? I mean, even if you don't have TV, you've gotta have books, right?"

"... A... little. I'm not the best at reading stuff. Doesn't hold my interest. But I do exercise my brain."

"How so?"

"Well... I think."

"You... think you exercise your brain?"

Riku shakes his head, snickering a little. "No, I think, and that exercises my brain."

Serah smirks. "And what great thoughts come to your mind?"

"It's... silly, really, looking back on it." Riku sighs. "For all I thought, I was thinking in the wrong direction. About how small my world was... how much I wanted to see what was beyond it... How I was going to find a way with my friends, and see amazing things. I spent my entire young life, trying to get away from my home. And now I wish I could go back."

Serah frowns, looking at her gemstone. "... I know how that feels, having your wish granted in the worst possible way."

"Huh?" Riku blinks.

"This stone..." She stares at it. "I... I just wanted to have more time with my sister, and to take care of her the way she'd been taking care of me. The world was coming to an end, and I got offered a wish, and all I could think about was that I wanted us to get away from all the... the things that were happening around us... so I wished for that, and sure, I... I think my wish somehow saved her, saved us both... and now no one's trying to separate us... But nothing's changed... In fact, it's only gotten worse." Her stone is starting to darken. "I-I can't speak with friends... or get a job... o-or even go to the local diner alone... I can't even leave home without her or the Mayor."

Riku frowns. "Have you... you know, told Light about all this?"

"I've tried... but... I can't. I can't put that on her. It was my wish... I-I'm the one at fault..."

"... No way."

"Wh-what?"

"Serah... It's not your fault. Alright?" Riku says steadily, putting his hands on her shoulders. "Maybe it was your wish... but it isn't you that's telling you to stay here, right? Light's being an idiot... I know from experience."

"What do you..."

"I was stupid. I saw a chance to leave the islands... but I was afraid for my friends... I wasn't sure what was waiting out there, and if they could handle it. So I decided I might have to leave without them..." Riku shakes his head. "That was the day our world fell. If I had left them there... then who knows what could have happened to them?" He sighs. "I... I know it's not the perfect analogy or whatever. I get the feeling Sora could say this much better... But the point I'm making is this. Yeah, you could get hurt out there. Easily. But to hide you away somewhere she thinks is 'safe...' it can just as easily backfire. I think... the best thing she could do is let you loose, and be there for you if you get hurt."

"I..." She seems at a loss for words.

"And I know, that's not what you wanted from your wish, either. But I think... if you could go out, and do that... you'd be able to watch over each other. And that's... close, right?"

She stares. At some point, her gem stopped darkening, or at least slowed such that you can't tell the difference. "... Y-yeah. It's... close."

"Tell you what. I'll... I'll be there with you to talk to her. I swear." He smirks. "And if she tries to throw me out, well... uh... let's just say there ain't a lock she can put on that door that won't stop me busting back in and being there for you."

She smiles a little. "Just... don't do anything too crazy..."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Conceal..."

You see a room covered in ice. Snowflakes hang, frozen in midair.

"... Don't feel..."

A young girl with blond, tied up hair sits in silence on the ice-encrusted bed.

"Conceal..."

Her face is that of a girl in deep, deep concentration, her eyes scrunched closed with great effort.

"Don't feel..."

Suddenly, a pillar of deepest black appears in the center of the room, startling the girl. Your Vision shifts to match her own sight as she opens her eyes.

A... teenage, you think, boy in a black coat steps out. His face is shrouded the depths of his hood. "Don't feel? Maybe you'd like your heart removed. Probably would make that much easier for you."

"Wh... who are... No, you have to stay back!" She recoils as he approaches her bed. "I... I could... my powers, I can't... I... You could be hurt! The... there's no cure for a frozen heart."

The boy scratches the back of his head. "Geez, should have sent the fourth for this one... Then again..." He crosses his arms. "Well then, I guess I'll be fine. After all, you can't freeze a heart I don't have. Besides..." He snaps his fingers, and a flame appears at the tip of his index finger. "... I think you'd find me a little too hot to handle."

"Yo... you have powers, too? And you can control them...!?" the girl stares at the flame. "... Wait, you said something about... about..."

"Removing your heart? Naaah. I can't do that. But I can help you control your powers."

"Ca... can you really...?"

"Heh. Totally. I can train you up, make you a master. But, you gotta keep this training a secret. No one can know I'm skulking around a girl's room. Ugh." The boy removes his hood, revealing a guy with strange tattoos on his face, and spiked back red hair. "You can call me... Axel. Got it memorized?"

"Uh... Um... yeah. I'm... I'm Elsa."

"You're a fast learner. That's good. Now... let's begin the lesson!"

Music:

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal

oog: Just gonna call this an update.

If there's anything in particular you want to have done at those locations, let me know. Next post will have those retroactively expounded on.
Last edited by JamestheFox on December 30th, 2014, 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » December 30th, 2014, 4:42 am

ig: I can't think of anything to do at the moment other than heading back to Laguna's and either give him the stuff or wait for him to finish whatever it is he's doing and then give him the stuff.

Also voting that we switch Donald to Court Mage.

oog: Vision Notes: Interesting... ...I wish we had some way to check how many Grief Points Serah has even if it's just "how many she had when we last saw her" instead of "how many she has right now". ...I wonder what they want with Elsa. Anyone got any ideas? (I've never seen Frozen before, so I've got no clue.)

EDIT: Um, James, when did Mable and Sable's names get swapped?

EDIT2: ig: Actually, now that I think about it, let's donate the Knight Heart Staff to Rarity and the Falling Star Staff to Max. We don't really need either of them anymore, and Max and/or Rarity might make something useful with them.
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 30th, 2014, 7:25 am

Unless someone has a better idea, I'm with Jag about giving Laguna the stuff and donating those inspiration materials.

OOG: The Organization was all about turning powerful people into Heartless so they could collect their Nobodies, and since the Organization was also powerful in the Darkness, control their Heartless along the way. Assuming Axel could get her to turn into a Heartless, she'd potentially have a very powerful Heartless and Nobody. Selax? Lexas?

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 30th, 2014, 7:13 pm

Eh, I'd disagree about that. Elsa's mental state throughout the vast majority of her story isn't conducive to throwing off a true nobody. Sure, she's magically powerful, but that's not what determines if a Nobody forms. It's force of will that determines that. And Elsa is kinda flaky (see running from her issues for pretty much the entire movie). If anyone in Arrendelle would potentially toss one, it'd be Anna.
gamebrain89

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 30th, 2014, 9:27 pm

And would the Organization know that? Elsa's super reclusive and Anna hasn't really left the castle either. They may have found out about her powers and are taking a chance without having found out about her personality. Besides, even if they don't get a new Organization member, they can still use her (presumably powerful) Heartless.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Wraith5 » December 31st, 2014, 12:02 am

Keep in mind, we still don't know when/where that scene takes place, other than in a room. That could be back in Erendelle, or Elsa could be one of the refugees, or even somewhere else entirely...
Wraith5

Return to “%s” Quests