KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 11th, 2015, 1:22 pm

I'm also with Plan TK, without the Quick Blitz.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » January 17th, 2015, 10:43 am

IG:
Day 46
Witch's Labyrinth: The Lonely Sky
Time - Hour of Regret

Round 5
Spoiler: show
Riku
Command Chain: Cover+ + Dodge Roll+ = Flash-Cover+
Time your movements to the opponent's attack, and take the opportunity to protect allies. Add 7 to your Defense this round and select an ally, covering them. Flip a coin, and if you get heads, all damage is cut by 25%.
DEF: 25+5+7=37
Coin Flips: Heads
Damage 25% avoided.

Light
Mag: 15+1+2 (Lightning Affinity)=18
Spell: Thundara Drop
DEF:15+3=18

Bahamut
Ability: Multi Action (Roll 1d6 Each Turn. On a 5 or better, make as many actions as you have opponents.)
1d6: 4
Limit Break: Giga Flare - Unleashes a terrifying blast from above. Make a Magic Roll and Attack Roll, combine the two, and target the battlefield and all things on it.
Mag: ?+?=35
Targets:
Riku (Miss)
LightRiku (Miss)
Vile PhialJellyshade1 (2 Damage)
Jellyshade1 (2 Damage)
Jellyshade2 Jellyshade3 (2 Damage)
Jellyshade3 (2 Damage)
DEF:?+?=22

Vile Phial
MAG: ?+?=25
Spell:Poison Status
Target: Riku (Miss)

Jellyshade1
Command: Cover
Def: ?+?+2=28

Jellyshade2
Atk: Negilible

Jellyshade3
Command: Cover
Def: ?+?+2=31
Light tosses another spell in a last-ditch assault, but the dragon catches the falling bolt, tossing it aside as if it were dust.
The end comes... all... die... together...
The dragon picks itself up from the ground, its gathered energy pulsating... then solidifying. It's ready. It lifts itself up on its wings, and a few feet above the battlefield, unleashes its attack.

But you expected that, and were moving as soon as it started moving.

You grab Light, and move as quick as you can. It's close, so close. The energy, disrupted by your previous attack, comes out not as a single cohesive beam, but as a horde of malformed lasers, and you can use that. You grit your teeth as energy flows just inches from you and Light as you dance through the lasers.

You finally escape the blasts, landing atop the creature's head. It swipes at you, but you easily dodge, leaping into the air and landing safely on the scorched island just after the lasers finish their lightshow.

"Hah... too easy." You manage to bluster.

It seems the other monsters took damage there. Two of the jellyfish ones seem to have defended their compatriots, and look scorched for their trouble.

The dragon's angry roar is choked off by its coughing. A black substance oozes out of the beast's mouth. (5 Bleedout Damage)

"... Probably should reserve that for people I want dead," you muse to yourself.

The beast glares, and suddenly drops towards the ground, landing on all fours and...

"Oh gods."

It's charging again, this time much... much faster.

"No," Light breathes.

And then a pink light erupts from the moon.

Sneak Attack
Serah
Mag: 32+6=38
MP Modulating...
Ruinga Volley (MP Cost Down 3, Difficulty Up 6)
Volleys: 1,3,2
Targets: Bahamut, Witch of Crystals (6 Damage)
Grief Points have increased to 26!
Best End Goals achieved! Battle Complete!
Riku Gained 79 EXP! Riku Leveled Up! Riku gained 1 Magic!
As a reward for the Best End, Riku gained the Command, Magic Hour!

You stare at the light as it coalesces into several pink arrows of pure magic as their wielder leaps from the moon.

"Serah...!" Light calls out as you get a better look at her.

She smiles and winks, firing her beams more quickly than you can keep up with. They all hit true with enough force to outright behead the dragon, cutting off its energy , sending it scattering harmlessly. "Sorry I'm late! I kinda got sidetracked by the small fry."

She lands as the monster gives one last pitiful cry, dissolving into nothing, and the world returns to the form of Traverse Town. You see Sora and the others (including Sakura) appear as well...

------- Control has reverted to Sora.

Sora, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy gained 30 EXP! Kairi gained an extra 7 EXP.

You look about. One second, you were fighting those jellyfish monsters, trying to catch up with Riku... and then the next... you're back in Traverse Town.

"Riku!" Kairi calls out. "You're okay?"

Riku smirks. "Yeah. It was a little dicey, but nothing we couldn't handle... Though Serah seriously saved us at the end there."

Light frowns, looking a bit... conflicted. There's a lot of emotions passing over her right now. Guilt, worry, anger...

Serah looks a bit guilty. "Light, I... I want to apologize. I... I went too far, telling you off like I did. I... I just..."

Light takes a deep breath. "No, I... it can wait. Your... your gem. How is it?"

"Fine," Serah smiles, though it's a bit forced. "Most of the monsters in there weren't exactly tough. I had a couple scrapes, but it's like Riku said. Nothing I couldn't handle."

Light looks frozen in thought. "... You know... I... I only wanted to keep you safe... right?"

"... Yeah, I know."

"I... I can't pretend I'm okay with you running around and getting into trouble..." She sighs, trying to collect herself. "I just... don't want to see you leave, and risk you never coming back..."

"I know. My life isn't just mine. So I'll do my best to keep safe. For your sake, too." She smiles as she returns to her normal attire.

Light stares, and Serah shifts uncomfortably under her gaze.

"... What, do I have something on my face?"

"... No. It's... it's nothing."

"Alright," Sakura interjects. "You all look like you've been through a lot. Let me treat these wounds..."

Quest: Serah's Wish has ranked up! New requirements have been added!

You all find a bench or two to sit at while Sakura heals the injuries dealt in battle.

Riku and Serah are talking. He seems to be reassuring her in between wincing at Sakura's ministrations.

Light, already healed, is talking with Goofy. The two... seem to be getting on alright.

Donald is chatting with Kairi rather close by. From what you can overhear, he's giving her some advice and praise regarding her spellcasting. She pulled a rather amazing display back there...

Vision
You see a large, muscular man running through a castle, coming to a stop before a trio of thrones, a blue-haired woman by his side.

"Aqua, what happened?"

"I don't know..." She looks about. "... Why isn't Ven here?"

The man shrugs. Eventually an aging man steps out from behind the thrones. "... That was my old friend, Yen Sid. As you know, he is Master no more, but he still keeps an eye on the tides of Light and Darkness. His council serves as signposts on the road all Bearers must walk." He crosses his arms. "All the more reason for concern, for he tells me that the balance has fallen under siege. Not only from the forces of darkness, as you may assume, but from a new enemy... one that feeds on negativity. Fledgeling emotions that have taken on monster form. Yen Sid has dubbed them by the name, Unversed."

The muscular man frowns. "What must we do, Master?"

"Patience, Terra. It is our duty, as Keyblade Wielders, to protect the balance from all that would threaten it. These... Unversed... are no exception. I tried to pass this news on to Master Xehanort, but my attempts to reach him have failed..."

Terra frowns. "Master Xehanort is missing...?"

The Master nods. "Indeed. This bodes ill as well. He could already be in danger. So here we are. I need you two to get this situation under control. Eliminate the Unversed, and find Master Xehanort. Remember, keep the World Order intact. I will inform the Galactic Federation as to our mission. Hopefully, they will be able to aid us, but do not expect it - you alone should be sufficient. Now go, and fulfill your duty."

"Yes, Master," the two before him nod as well, and the muscular man turns to leave.

"Terra." Terra stops, looking back. "Consider this an opportunity - a chance for you to change my mind." The Master walks up to him, putting a hand on Terra's shoulder. "You must know... I care for you like my own son. If I could have my way, I'd name you a Master in an instant... but how can I when you're so obsessed with power? Terra, you mustn't be afraid of losing. Judge your situation, and what battles are worth the price of victory. In all other cases, do not fear failure, but embrace it as an opportunity to learn. After all, fear leads to obsession with power. And that leads to the Darkness. Never forget this."

"... Thank you, Master." Terra steps back, bowing. "I swear, I won't fail you again."

As the man walks out of the room, the Master sighs. "... That sentiment is what I fear."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
FFXIII - Test of the L'Cie
FFXIII - Eidolons
FFXIII-2 - Blue Skies
FFXIII - Lightning's Theme
KHBBS - Land of Departure

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 17th, 2015, 11:03 am

70 points for the next Serah's Wish event, gotcha. Time for more material farming across the worlds! Yay!

Also, I like Magic Hour. Even dealing damage based on his lower Magic stat, extra hits are good stuff.

As for what to do next, let's leave Riku alone so that the two conquering heroes can fawn over each other. About that Vision, we've heard Donald mention Master Yen Sid before, right? Let's tell him what we saw, if Donald knows Yen Sid, maybe he knows the people in the Vision too, right?

Once everyone's patched up and cooled down, let's head for Dumbledore and Merlin. Maybe Riku can discover a new Spell under their tutelage, and ask Dumbledore to help fix Kairi's Wayfinder with his special fixing magic.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 17th, 2015, 2:30 pm

Going to agree with Rigger, that's a solid plan.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » January 17th, 2015, 7:02 pm

oog: Invisitext:
Light tosses another spell in a last-ditch assault, but the dragon catches the falling bolt, tossing it aside as if it were dust.
The end comes... all... die... together...
ig: I agree with Rigger with the addition that we also see if Sora and Kairi (if she agrees to it) can learn a new spell, and that Sora switches to Quite the Catch and Riku switches to Truthful Eyes when we get there.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby bookworm702 » January 18th, 2015, 12:04 am

If we are going to be trying to use magic, we are going to be super serious about it. That means for Sora, Quite the Catch and equipping the Foggy Mirror Chain and the Dull Orb of Minwu. For Kairi, the same two items with Tough Little Princess (...Kind of superfluous to say it, considering she's never had anything else ever since she got it.) Riku gets Truthful Eyes and the Foggy Mirror Chain, as well as the Power Sword.
bookworm702

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 18th, 2015, 12:05 am

I support the above item changes. No more failed spells due to insufficient Magic.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » January 18th, 2015, 12:11 am

I have nothing to add to the plan, voting for it as well
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 18th, 2015, 12:19 am

I'll get behind that as well, plus I'd kind of like to see what Riku can really do with the Power Sword. Will it eventually give him the capability to summon his own Zord?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » January 18th, 2015, 12:40 am

If it does, then we should keep our eyes peeled for more so that we can eventually form a Megazord.

On another note, let's also ask Riku if he made sure to follow the rightness of left rather than the wrongness of right (I can't believe I'm continuing this joke).
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 18th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Before we go to see the Wizards, we should probably head back and finish our conversation with Laguna.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » January 18th, 2015, 10:36 pm

I'm with TK.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » January 18th, 2015, 11:03 pm

OoG: Temp makes a good point. You guys were in the middle of something important. Then sissy-pants Light had to come in screaming about something insignificant. Her girlfriend? No... Oh, right. Her sister. Right.

Anywho, in-character, you kinda must at least check back in with him.

IG:
Day 46
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You frown at your Vision. Yen Sid... You know you've heard that name before... Where-

"Ah!"

Donald and Kairi startle at your sudden gasp.

"Sora? What's wrong?" Kairi asks.

"A Vision," you start, then wave your hands. "Nothing... you know, too urgent."

The two breathe a sigh of relief. "But I heard a few names, and I recognized one. Yen Sid was mentioned by this old guy. Said he used to be a Master... I think, a Keyblade Master."

Donald nods. "Yeah, that's in the history books. Master Yen Sid... he used to be a Keyblade Master... but retired from the Order a while back, after the end of the Second Apokoliptian War. He'd just finished teaching The King the basics of Keyblade combat."

"Huh... What about... Terra? Or Aqua? Or Ven? Or... Master Xehanort?"

Donald frowns. "I... don't know about the first three... But Master Xehanort was a major player in the Apokoliptian War. He, Master Eraqus, and Master Fa Zhao were among the only Keyblade-wielding survivors of the war..."

"The Apokoliptian War?" You ask. This... war... thing is still a little insane-sounding to you.

"..." When Donald speaks, it's a very firm, steady voice. "It was bad. Really bad. That's all you need to know about that right now. If you really, really want to know, there's a book on it in our ship's library."

"Al... right. So, those three were among the only survivors of that battle?"

"... Of that war... But yes. They were the last Masters of the old Keyblade Order, ignoring Yen Sid. The King became a Master shortly after the war. Fa Zhao vanished off the face of the multiverse around the same time. Master Xehanort, from what I understand, wandered the multiverse, helping where he could, before vanishing around the same time as the last pieces of the Order. Master Eraqus... The last contact the Federation had with him was a request for assistance dealing with something... but the Federation didn't have the resources. After that... well, their main base has vanished, and in its place is this weird castle. We've tried looking inside for him, but anyone who enters... well, doesn't return. And Yen Sid's residence remains impossible to find unless you already know where it is." Donald sighs. "I know he's alive, because the King's said as much, but... well, I guess I can't blame him for wanting to remain hidden. He's been protecting the worlds longer than anyone else I can think of. Of course he'd want to rest."

You scratch your head. "So no one knows what caused the Order to vanish?"

"If anyone did... It'd be the King. But every time I ask, he kinda gives me a look..." Donald sighs. "Whatever happened, it weighs heavily on him."

You nod. "... I can imagine." You remember the islands. You had been almost powerless then. When the Heartless came... the only thing you could do was grab Kairi and run, hoping beyond hope that you could find Riku in that mess... and even then, you couldn't save anyone else.

You groan, and shake your head. No point in worrying about the past. You'll find a way to get them back. That's all there is to it.

Eventually you're all patched up, and you head back to the Mayor's house.

Laguna sighs in relief as he sees you come in with Serah and Light. "Ah, you're safe. That's great. Is anyone hurt?"

"No," you say. "Shinji got attacked by monsters, though. We had to deal with him while Riku and Light went and found Serah.

"I see." Laguna looks over the sisters. Light... surprisingly seems fairly calm compared to how she was a while back.

"Mayor. I... we'll need to talk about our arrangements regarding Serah. Looking back, I think... I was a little harsh."

"I'll be all ears when I'm finished with Riku's group." Laguna gives a knowing smile.

"This is about... the thing, right?" Light asks.

"Yeah," Laguna turns, and a screen appears, with some kind of shifting diagram of the multiverse. "Cortana and I have been tracking something for the past few weeks... heck, it's been on our radar since before you three arrived on our world."

And then you start to see lights vanish at astonishing speeds. Worse, they seem to be in a pattern of some sort.

"Usually, stars go out... mostly randomly. I assume it's because the Heartless simply pop up in a random world and start looking for... whatever it is they're after. But this... it's moving deliberately, from world to world, snuffing each out. It's a bit hard to tell... but it has a direction. Whatever it is, Heartless or otherwise, it's headed here."

"Oh man..." Riku stares. "How soon...?"

"We have about... three days. Maybe more, maybe less. We've already made most of the preparations to keep the townsfolk safe. Bob has been working full-time on a bunker to keep the citizens safe, though it's not quite finished yet... beyond that, we're not sure if what you did to make our world Heartless-proof will work on this thing. We can only hope."

"Gwarsh, is there anything we can do?" Goofy asks.

"We've informed a number of fighters and mages ahead of the evac order, and recruited them into a evacuation squad to safely escort any stragglers," Light interjects. "The Mayor has a high-emergency setting for the Lightrails, to take any cages to the bunker as quickly as possible. It's not quite finished yet, but it's probably our best hope."

"If all else fails," Donald says. "You can send them to the Gummi Garage. Our ship has plenty of room, at least for temporary housing. But in the meantime... if you can tell me where the bunker is, I can help with construction."

"That'd be appreciated, on both counts," Laguna says. "I'll have to talk to the Moogles about getting the Lightrail set to reroute in that direction, if we don't have enough room in the bunker."

Light nods. "Beyond that... if these things are Heartless, then we can probably use the power of the Keyblade on our side."

Serah frowns. "Light... were you going to join this group without telling me? Maybe I could help, somehow..."

"... Honestly... I'm still not sure I want to risk my life, even for such a noble cause," Light mutters guiltily. "My first priority is making sure you're safe, Serah. Even if I'm giving you a... bit more freedom, that hasn't changed. I can't possibly-" She pauses at the disappointed look on Serah's face.

"... I understand." Serah mutters. Goofy gives Light a meaningful look.

"U-uh... I do, too." Light manages a small smile. "Maybe we can find some other way to help?"

Dr. Haruno looks between the two. "... Well, starting tomorrow, I'll be moving a lot of my equipment to the bunker. If you two think you're tough enough, you can help me with that."

Serah gives Light an almost pleading look, and Light sighs. "... Sure. We can help with that. Could be a good... uh... chance for sisterly bonding...? What time are we needed?" Goofy gives a subtle thumbs up.

Music:
https://soundcloud.com/yohanes-doni/traverse-town-from-kingdom

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports

oog: Anything further to discuss? After this conversation ends, Day 46 ends. It's been about... 44 days since you guys first arrived in Traverse Town. Daaaannng.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 18th, 2015, 11:16 pm

I think we should go and see the Wizards, try and see about getting some info and potentially some new spells before we turn in for the night.

Edit: I think we should discuss the motherboard thing with Laguna, and ask him if it could maybe be used to help Cortana?
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » January 18th, 2015, 11:26 pm

I'm all for discussing what we still need to do (that we apparently can't do today). Laguna seems to know what's being planned and, to some extent, who's doing what (and where and when), so he might be able to tell us what would be a good time to talk to which people.

And yes, I agree with the motherboard thing.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby Bezzerker » January 18th, 2015, 11:30 pm

Also, we should catch up with Riku when we're in a more private setting, about both what we did fending off all of the Unversed, as well as what Riku and Light fought.

Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » January 18th, 2015, 11:42 pm

oog: Invisitext:
"... I understand." Serah mutters. Goofy gives Light a meaningful look.

Serah gives Light an almost pleading look, and Light sighs. "... Sure. We can help with that. Could be a good... uh... chance for sisterly bonding...? What time are we needed?" Goofy gives a subtle thumbs up.
ig: I agree with the above.

EDIT: I also think we should swap Riku back to Rikku's Riku for now.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 19th, 2015, 1:59 am

Agreed with swapping back to Rikku's Riku. Delicious delicious treasure chests...
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 19th, 2015, 7:16 am

Agree to switching back to Rikku's Riku for the Treasure bonus, asking Laguna about the Motherboard, and catching up with Riku about the Bahamut fight.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Ristridin » January 19th, 2015, 1:28 pm

With Rigger (though we should only catch up with Riku after he's done talking to Serah. And then make fun of him).

Also, we should mention our Vision involving Laguna to Laguna. Fact-checking and all that.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » January 25th, 2015, 7:08 pm

IG:
Day 46
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"... So," You start, when talk of preparation winds down. "About that thing we gave you... will it help Cortana at all?"

Laguna frowns a bit. "Uh... I haven't gotten around to analyzing it. A computer part like this... I have no idea what it's capable of. First I have to hook it up to something disconnected from the rest of the system... It's a bit of work, and... um..."

He looks around the room, and your eyes follow, really taking it all in. There are papers covering just about every surface, including some machines that are hooked up to each other. Over near the back of the room is a schedule with boxes for days and hours notated, and appointments and work marked down... just about everywhere on the board.

You wince a little. "Oh... uh... sorry. Guess I'm just being a little... you know, impatient."

"It's been a bit busy lately..." Laguna says. "Gotta make sure everything's ready when that... thing gets here. I'll probably find time after that's handled."

"Right. If there's anything we can help with... you know, let us know, right?"

"Right, kiddo," Laguna says, giving you a thumbs up as he gets back to one of the desks, working on a rather large pile of paperwork.

As things wind down, Dr. Haruno heads back home. Serah and Riku chat while Light has a fairly short discussion with Laguna, before heading back to the group.

"Riku," Light says as she walks up.

"Yeah?" Riku asks.

"... Thanks. I owe you-"

"You owe me nothing," Riku replies. "If you ever want some help, I'm here. After all, you're... well..."

"... Your girlfriend's sister?" Light asks.

"No, that's not it..." Riku shakes his head. "It's just... you're... well..." He looks like he's having trouble finding the right words, but... after a few seconds, they come to him. "... I'd like to think of you as a friend, I guess. So I'm here if you or Serah want help."

"... All that effort, just to say that?" Light asks.

"... Shut up, I'm not... exactly comfortable saying these kind of things." He grabs you and pulls you into a noogie. "I usually leave these kinds of things to Sora."

You smirk even as you try to escape. "Funny... because I remember learning it from you."

Serah laughs. "Must've gotten rusty. He gets all... awkward when he's trying to be sentimental. It's... actually kind of cute."

Riku blushes, spluttering nonsense. "I-you-I mean... guh-"

"... Kinda like you, Light."

Light rests her face in her left hand. "...We're... er... I'm done here." She pushes past Riku and heads out the door. "... Try and get back by midnight, alright, Serah?"

"... Alright!" Serah says excitedly after a bemused pause.

You finally slip out of Riku's grasp, and smirk. "So, what happened, in there, anyway, Riku?"

"Not much, really. Just had to fight a giant monster, it tried to roast us, we didn't let it. Same old, same old. Though Serah saved our butts at the end there-"

Serah gets a rather mischievous smirk and whispers something into Riku's ear, and his face burns up in embarrassment.

"Something to share with the class?" Kairi asks, a smile just as, nay, more mischievous than Serah's on her face.

"Er, um, nope. Anyway. That was my night so far."

"Well, you should probably end the night, soon," Donald says. "There's a lot of stuff to do, tomorrow."

"Right..." You say. Eventually, you are led to some empty bedrooms. After some small talk, Serah heads home and you all bid each other goodnight.

Faces new and old found.
A return to the refuge.
Grief stemmed, freedom found.

What will tomorrow bring?
Only time will tell.

Dream:
You see a castle, sitting in the middle of a deep forest. There is a bountiful garden, tended to by… more of the same creatures as Rarity… horses, you think. Some have horns, some have wings, and some have neither.

“Do you seriously trust that… ruffian, sister?” Two, bigger than the others, are strolling the garden, bearing both wings and horns. One of them, a darker-furred one with a mane that seems akin to a starry sky, is beseeching her… sister?... a white-furred horse with a mane like a rainbow. “Tell Us, since when have We just let… anypony walk up and become Our personal servant? And since when have We then hung on every word he says?”

The white one smiles. “... We feel it wise to trust in Our subjects. Besides, you know Our strength… what could he possibly do if he turned out to be trying to harm Us?”

The two pause. The darker horse gets serious-looking.

“You’ve seen it, haven’t you? The key he sometimes carries around. He didn’t have it in his belongings, and Our agents couldn’t find it in the room you’ve set up for him-”

“You’re invading his living space, now?” The lighter horse frowns, exasperated.

“Th-that’s besides the point. We put him under surveillance, and one of Our soldiers saw him summon it, from thin air. For a pegasus to know any magic, let alone magic such as this… There’s something… off, about it. We could have sworn We’ve seen it before, in a book somewhere… What if this is another twisted scheme from one of Discord’s… supporters?” the horse looks disgusted with the thought.

“... We doubt they have enough power to attempt anything drastic, with their master sealed in stone. Best to wait their tantrums out, and hope that We can show them the error of their ways peacefully. Besides, if this theory turns out to be the case, it is still wiser for Us to keep him close, where We can observe him.”

“His servants have power yet, sister, and it’s those you keep closest who can cause the most harm!” She almost shouts. For an instant, you can see the darkness unfurl about her, before she quickly reigns it in. “... Sorry. We just… worry about what’ll happen when that perfect judgement of yours proves incorrect.”

“We don’t. After all, if such a thing were to come to pass…” the white horse smiles. “I know I’ll have you by my side.”
VP, LP, HP, MP, and ODP restored!

Day 46
Traverse Town
Time - Deep Night

You suddenly wake, hearing sobbing.

You rush over to the room next to you. Sure enough... Kairi's curled in on herself under the covers, crying. It... it actually looks like she hasn't woken up yet.

"... G-grandma..."

Music:
KH1 - Traverse Town (Remix)
KHCoM - La Pace
KH2 - Missing You

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Last edited by JamestheFox on January 25th, 2015, 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Bezzerker » January 25th, 2015, 7:13 pm

Time to apply emergency hugs to Kairi I do believe, though I don't think we should rouse her just yet.

Bezzerker

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 25th, 2015, 7:27 pm

Just be there for Kairi, but don't try to shake her out of it; the confusion could do more harm than good at the moment. Also, I think we should use a VP to trip one of those triggers.

Edit: Preferably the one in regards to Serah getting home on time; as we've already established that we don't want to invade Kairi's privacy.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » January 26th, 2015, 5:37 am

I agree with the above, including the VP usage.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » January 26th, 2015, 9:47 am

With TK and JAG.
Wraith5

Return to “%s” Quests