Pokewizard Quest: Gotta Cast Them All!

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Pokewizard Quest: Gotta Cast Them All!

Unread postby JamestheFox » January 30th, 2015, 10:34 pm

oog:
I was wondering when someone was going to post/notice Invisitext.

After a while, your Pokemon target will get tired of you just constantly nagging on them (either in general or on one specific detail). Pokemon (and people) that think they're better than you will be worse about this; just how much repetitiveness is needed to cross this threshold depends on who you're dealing with (some Pokemon will actually like having all the attention on them). Note that this applies mainly to interaction-based deals like training/teaching/bonding. On the flip side, if you can stunt/fluff up new exercises, this effect will be mitigated.

I was actually flip-flopping on bringing out the issue here (since you've only had two months), but I noticed that, by my scaling of successes/failures, 5 points weren't going to really do you harm. So consider this your warning.

It's something of a problem for you right now, because you only have so many things to do. Luckily, unless your target is REALLY FREAKING TIRED of you, the penalty is 5 points, usually a drop in the bucket.

Since I'm here, and I forgot to do so when actually updating... the Combat Rules are in Harry's Pokedex. Look on the Lore section. Long story short, I roll dice for you, and they are allocated to specific actions, including Moves and defending yourself (unless the Pokemon is acting entirely on their own initiative).

Moves can take as many Dice as you want, but the points cap at twice the base amount of Dice needed to activate them (for example, Tackle's a 1-Die action, and can take up to 12 points. This means you could put a 3, 3, 5, and 1 and you'd be maxed out).

Defending yourself can, again, take as many of your Dice as you want, but the points cap under similar circumstances, affected by the user's Battle Skill. So Harry's Battle Skill (Self) of 2 means that, if he can somehow receive enough dice from other factors, he can max out at 24 points. Sirocco can max out at 12.

Trainers have a "Battle Skill (Pokemon)" skill that allows them to add their Battle (Self) dice to their Pokemon's Pool (More if they have a higher Pokemon Battle Skill than their own personal Battle Skill), in exchange for not doing anything themselves (Harry can choose to toss a Pokeball now - he has, and will always have, "enough" Pokeballs. Not always "enough" opportunities, but you will never have to manage your basic Pokeball count.).

These dice can only be added, however, if you can keep your Pokemon under your command.

If bereft of combat-running votes, Harry will run on Auto-Pilot.

Also, unless something like a Sneak Attack happens or a Speed-Based Move is used, I flip a coin at the beginning of a battle to decide who's moves are resolved first.

EDIT: If we're in a fight and the post doesn't end with something like what's below, let me know. Because you get to at least see what comes next at the beginning of the next 3 rounds.

ig:
Next Round's Dice
Sirocco's Dice: 4 (Sirocco's allocated 4 to Tackle)
Harry's Battle (Pokemon) Dice: 5, 2, 2
Harry's Battle (Self) Dice: 5, 2

Meowth's Dice: 6/2 (CRIT DICE CREATED), 10/2
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 30th, 2015, 10:45 pm

I say we try for a pokeball, Meowth may not be a flying type, but they've got good attack coverage and are great mon to have around. Provided we can keep Sirocco from being his usual charming self...
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » January 31st, 2015, 9:17 am

Hmmm... Okay, yeah, let's catch this Pokémon, just for the sake of getting Pay Day.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 20th, 2015, 5:21 pm

You give chase to the duo of Pokemon. The Meowth makes it into the tall grass. The poor thing actually looks like its hurting.

"Me Me Me... Meow eo owth!" (Leave me alone!)

Sirocco prepares a dive, and you click your teeth. This needs to stop now.
Harry's Pokeball: 1d100-8=22-8=14. Catch Rate: 33+22 (HP Damage Penalty)=55. ABSOLUTE SUCCESS!
You flourish the ball to your left hand, jerking back your arm as you twist your hat. The movement shifts your hair, revealing your scar as your gaze focuses. You grit your teeth as you swing forward, loosing the ball into the air.

"Pokeball, GO!"

Your ball flies true, and hits the Meowth square in the back, opening as it converts the Pokemon into a red light, and finally into a data-form inside the ball.

The ball wobbles once, before clicking. The ball suddenly propels itself back to your hand.

"Whew... we caught a Meowth!" You check the Pokemon's status with your Pokedex, and your elation falls a bit. Sirocco flaps over to nearby, and you frown at him, remembering your previous argument with the Pokemon. "What were you thinking? If I hadn't jumped in when I did... He could have been seriously hurt. Don't you care?"

"Fle e fl in ling? Fle li le tch fl?" (Why would I care about stuff like that? It's all part of battle, right?)

You don't really know what it's saying, but the tone is really arrogant. You sigh, and return the Pokemon. You'll figure out what do with Sirocco when you get home...

-----------------

Meowth's data has been added to Harry's Pokedex.

[] Nickname the Meowth you just caught?

Select 3 2 actions for the next month (Book 0, October):
[] Practice your Magic (small chance of learning new spells)
[] Bond with Mom
[] Bond with Machi
[] Train (Insert Pokemon Name Here)
-[] Teach new Moves
-[] Overcome Flaws
[] Bond with (Insert Pokemon Name Here)
[] Attempt capture of Wild Pokemon (Seeks out a Pokemon from the area you're in.)
[] Research [Insert Pokemon Species Here] (Gives ideas as to where to go searching for this Pokemon, giving you ideas as to where to go. If you're in the same area as the Pokemon, you get a higher chance of encountering it for a short while after.)
[] Research [Interesting Locations] (Randomly selects an area that might interest you.)
[] Change Location (May take multiple actions based on where you are and where you're going.)
-[] Sevii Islands (Takes 0 Actions, you're already there!)
[X] Special Event at Sevii Islands
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 20th, 2015, 5:32 pm

I vote we nickname our new catch "Prowl".

Also, voting that we spend time bonding with Prowl, and trying to overcome his flaws; letting Sirocco cool off some until we can try again.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 20th, 2015, 5:42 pm

I vote we nickname Meowth "Fido", because it will confuse people. Also, it means faithful, and it might be nice to have a Pokemon that will actually listen to us. "Mister", after Harry Dresden's cat in the Dresden Files. He is a housecat that has been favorably compared to a mountain lion.

I'm good with Bonding with Meowth and Overcoming Meowth's Flaws.

MrRigger
Last edited by MrRigger2 on February 20th, 2015, 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » February 20th, 2015, 6:02 pm

I like Tempest suggestion for our Actions, though I would like to use a nickname that reflects the stealthiness of our new 'mon. Something like Panther, Pounce, or Padfoot.

I would like to fluff the bonding Action as being the time we come up with the nickname, talking with our Meowth and suggesting names while he rejects most of them. At some point, we notice just how stealthy the Meowth is, and with a smile come up with the perfect nickname.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby gamebrain89 » February 20th, 2015, 6:47 pm

I vote for Mister for the Meowth's name. The Spirit of Harry Dresden Compels Me.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 20th, 2015, 6:48 pm

I'll change my name vote to support "Mister" as well.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » February 21st, 2015, 7:42 pm

oog: Invisitext:
Spoiler: show
"Me Me Me... Meow eo owth!" (Leave me alone!)

Sirocco prepares a dive, and you click your teeth. This needs to stop now.
Harry's Pokeball: 1d100-8=22-8=14. Catch Rate: 33+22 (HP Damage Penalty)=55. ABSOLUTE SUCCESS!

"Fle e fl in ling? Fle li le tch fl?" (Why would I care about stuff like that? It's all part of battle, right?)
ig: I agree with bonding with and trying to overcome the flaws of Meowth. As for the nickname, I'd rather go with Padfoot, just for the hilarity that will no doubt ensue when we meet the other person with that nickname.

I also agree with Bezzerker's fluff idea.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 4th, 2015, 7:50 pm

October 21st
Overcome Flaws Roll (1d100, at least 70): 71+(8 Taming)=79 (Close Success)

The next month is pretty troublesome. Sirocco doesn't especially like the addition to your party, and it's proving to make things a bit strained between you, him, and the Meowth.

It proved a little difficult to come up with a good name for the feline Pokemon, but you eventually named him "Mister," after a Luxio in a children's book.

However, you're finding that the poor thing lacks the courage his namesake was known for. You found that Mister is prone to giving up painfully easily, and his doubts cause him to falter when the chips are down. Worse still, he's gotten himself into trouble, sneaking off after the silliest things and then having a breakdown when the messes he causes get too big for him.

Training Success! Mister's Passive has been Tempered!. Keep going and you might just break that habit!

Right now, you're simply playing with Mister, trying to get the small feline to be a little more proactive. You're starting to get through to him; he's at least trying to chase the balls you throw of his own volition... Or at least, all the easier balls. He still won't go anywhere near the tree Sirocco's perched at.

There's still a long way to go.
Bonding Roll (1d100, at least 70): 85+(8 Taming)+(8 Empathy)=101 (Absolute Success!)
At least he isn't terrified of you, anymore. When you first met him, he almost tried to run for his life. Now... he's somewhat comfortable with you. Kinda.

Bonding Roll Success! Mister's Bond Level has increased by 1!

You smile as he brings a red ball up to you. He actually jumped to catch that one in midair. "You're doing good, Mister. Really athletic. I know you've got potential in you," you say as you scratch behind his ear. "You just have to see it in yourself."

Mister purrs under your affection. You see Sirocco roll his eyes.

October 31st

You stare at your calendar from your bed. The Spirit Festival. Ugghh.

You're not sure what it is, but every time this day rolls around, you get this... odd, horrible feeling.

It doesn't help that something always happens on this day. Last year you tripped on... what, nothing?... and fell down a flight of stairs. It was a miracle you didn't break your neck! The year before that, you had that whole mess with the Gengar. And before that, you just happened to arrive in town just in time for that stupid stampede... Ugghh.

You really don't like this day.

Maybe you should pull the covers over your head and go back to sleep.

"Harryyyyy....!"

Nooo.

"Haaaarrrrrrryyyyyy...!"

Not waking up. Not moving from these covers. The covers are safety. The covers are nice.

"Harry, Paaaaannnnncaaaaaaakkeeeeeesssssss...!"

Hmmm... Maybe you could bear to be up just long enough to ha-no! That's just what the spirits want from you! You pull the covers tighter around you, readying all defenses. Mom won't pull your covers away from you this time-

Mom grips your sheets, and pulls. "... Dang, you really are being stubborn... Machi?"

"Macham." (Wakey Wakey.)

You suddenly feel four hands gripping your cover cocoon, and they simply pull upwards... And you're taken with them.

You blink. You're stuck to the covers. Wha... how? Machi and Mom both stare as Machi unwraps the covers. You're still stuck to them.

Um.

Well ain't this just a fine way to start the morning?

------

"Puuullllll!"

"Maaaa!"

"Puuuuuuullllll!!"

"Chaaaammm!"

"PULLLLLLL!"

"MMMMMMMPP-Mach!" Machi pulls too hard, and her side of the covers is ripped away from the rest.

The rest is still stuck to you. You've tried everything short of destroying the covers and your pajamas (which you've found are also stuck to you).

"... Grrrreaaat," you sigh. This is getting really uncomfortable. You get the feeling this is your magic at work... Which means you probably need to use a magical method to remove them. "Wait... let me try and will them off again."
Magic Roll: 24. Reroll through Power's Responsibility: 62
Five seconds pass. Nope. You try harder. If you can't stop some little thing like this-

The covers fall away. Your clothes stop sticking.

"Well, that was an adventure," Mom says. "Pancakes?"

"... Pancakes." You grumble.

------

"So, what're you dressing up as for the Spirit Festival?"

"..."

"... Don't tell me you're not dressing up again. That's probably why all this stuff keeps happening to you." Mom smirks.

"It happens even if I put something on..." You sigh. "I was kinda hoping to just... wait it out this year."

"Aww, that's no fun. It only comes around once a year. Just humor the spirits this year, okay?" Your mom pulls up something on her Pokenav. "There's this really cool troupe of performers doing their once-a-year Ghost-Type Spectacular right here. You won't even have to get on a boat."

"... Do I have to?"

"Yep. You need the positive experience. We can even get you something to wear on the way... I mean, if you want to."

[] Get something to wear to the festival.
-[]Traditional yakuta.
-[]Some kind of costume.
[] Go in your normal clothes.
[] HAHAHAHA NO I'M GOING BACK TO BED.
Last edited by JamestheFox on March 4th, 2015, 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 4th, 2015, 7:58 pm

[X] Get something to wear to the festival.
-[]Traditional yakuta.
-[X]Some kind of costume.
-Something Honedge related. Or even Aegislash. They're pretty cool. Might as well give it a go. Worth a try, at least.
[] Go in your normal clothes.
[] HAHAHAHA NO I'M GOING BACK TO BED
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby MrRigger2 » March 4th, 2015, 8:25 pm

[X] HAHAHAHA NO I'M GOING BACK TO BED.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » March 4th, 2015, 8:38 pm

October 21st
Overcome Flaws Roll (1d100, at least 70): 71+(8 Taming)=79 (Close Success)

There's still a long way to go.
Bonding Roll (1d100, at least 70): 85+(8 Taming)+(8 Empathy)=101 (Absolute Success!)

Mister purrs under your affection. You see Sirocco roll his eyes.

"Macham." (Wakey Wakey.)

"... Grrrreaaat," you sigh. This is getting really uncomfortable. You get the feeling this is your magic at work... Which means you probably need to use a magical method to remove them. "Wait... let me try and will them off again."
Magic Roll: 24. Reroll through Power's Responsibility: 62

ig: [X] HAHAHAHA NO I'M GOING BACK TO BED.

Failing that, [X] Go in your normal clothes.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 4th, 2015, 8:53 pm

I say we use Mister's nickname as the inspiration for our costume, go as a wizard like the guy from the book. Plus it's ironic.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » March 4th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Switching to Tempest's plan if we can't go back to bed.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 12th, 2015, 12:38 am

ig:

You resist the urge to sigh as you look through the costumes on sale. You just can't be allowed to let this day pass. Of course.

You pick out a costume of the children's book hero from whom you sourced Mister's name - a powerful boy with odd powers who is constantly getting into strange, sometimes silly misadventures, accidentally saving countless lives and having legends spring up about him wherever he goes, all while he tries to learn how his powers work and why he has them. You read it a lot, hoping to maybe glean a trick or two to get your own magic under control... but to no avail. Still, it's not a half-bad read. You try on his trademark colorful coat for size. It's... a bit big for you, trailing along the ground, slightly.

Perfect.

Mom buys you the outfit, and you use the changing room to switch out, donning the oversized coat, the plain shirt and pants, the boots, the cowboy hat, and his trademark glasses.

... You don't look half bad in glasses. Huh. Well, that's good to know, in case your eyesight ever gets bad.

That done, you join your mom (who has deigned to wear a giant Tangrowth costume) and head for the town square-

"Harry? Harry Conifer? Is that you?"

You raise an eyebrow, and lock eyes with a Pokemon Ranger in full uniform, a few years older than you. You think... who... Ooooh. That guy from Trainer Permit School...

(Pick one main reaction. Select 3 sub-reactions, if applicable. Depending on the main reaction, the top 1-3 non-mutually-exclusive subreactions will be used.)
[] Greet him kindly. Logan was a great pal, and really helped you out. You haven't seen him since he joined the Ranger Corps. Dang, he's filled out!
-[] Dude looks outright feral, now. Probably hasn't had a proper shower in... who knows how long? Where the heck has he been?
-[] His Exeggcute certainly looks chipper. Wonder how he's grown... Rangers can do battles, too, so maybe he's up for a match?
-[] Wonder how things went down with that Lass he liked back in school... did he ever get the guts to ask her out?
-[] What has he been eating? He looks like a Machoke, now! What happened to the chubby guy who couldn't run a mile?
[] Just acknowledge him and move on. You were in a few classes with him, but you never were sure what to make of this guy... What was his name, anyway? La... Lo... Loc... no... that wasn't it...
[] Uh oh... Isn't that the guy who shoved you into the toilet? ... Aw nuts. It is. Of course he's here. It's October 31st. Why wouldn't he be here? You still don't know how the heck he ended up getting into the Rangers.
-[] SCREAM INTERNALLY
-[] SCREAM EXTERNALLY
-[] Ignore him. Maybe he'll go away.
-[] Confront him. It's time you showed him how you've grown!
-[] ... Maybe he's friendly now? Let's see what he's been up to... (Compatible with subreactions to "Greet him kindly")
-[] RUN! OH GODS RUN!

(Harry's Pokedex has been updated with the Trainer Eye! Use this to track how others perceive you! You can even check out others' Trainer Cards, after building a strong connection to them!)
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 12th, 2015, 12:44 am

[X] Greet him kindly. Logan was a great pal, and really helped you out. You haven't seen him since he joined the Ranger Corps. Dang, he's filled out!
-[X] Dude looks outright feral, now. Probably hasn't had a proper shower in... who knows how long? Where the heck has he been?
-[X] His Exeggcute certainly looks chipper. Wonder how he's grown... Rangers can do battles, too, so maybe he's up for a match?
-[X] Wonder how things went down with that Lass he liked back in school... did he ever get the guts to ask her out?
-[] What has he been eating? He looks like a Machoke, now! What happened to the chubby guy who couldn't run a mile?
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » April 12th, 2015, 1:05 am

[X] Greet him kindly. Logan was a great pal, and really helped you out. You haven't seen him since he joined the Ranger Corps. Dang, he's filled out!
-[X] Dude looks outright feral, now. Probably hasn't had a proper shower in... who knows how long? Where the heck has he been?
-[X] Wonder how things went down with that Lass he liked back in school... did he ever get the guts to ask her out?
-[X] What has he been eating? He looks like a Machoke, now! What happened to the chubby guy who couldn't run a mile?
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 6th, 2015, 9:13 pm

ig:

(Trainer's Eye Updated: PKMN RANGER Logan has been added to your Eye. He'll let you view his Trainer Card, and you can use any compatible Traits! In addition, PROFESSOR Cathrine Conifer has obtained new Traits.)

You smile upon recognizing the boy. Logan was kind of your best friend and mentor during your first year at school. There were a few bullies in your year, but between your tendency for weird things to happen around you and his knowledge of all the best hiding places, they rarely turned their gaze towards you.

He always had a desire to be a Ranger, but he was... a bit out of shape, back then. Okay, maybe a lot. But now...

"It's been a while - I almost didn't recognize you, man! You look like a Machoke!"

He flexes an arm, smirking. "Yeah, you either toughen up in boot camp or you come crying home. And I didn't get all that way to turn tail because of some crazy drill sarge." He's gone from about average height and chubby to being this tall buff titan - though the height might be from him no longer slouching.

"You kinda smell, though... Okay, no, you reek. Did they not have showers at boot camp?"

"Hahaha! Yeah, they did... I'm actually back from my first big mission. Just got home."

"And just in time," Mom smiles. "Get a shower and a costume, Logan! I'm sure you'll be the talk of all the young ladies - if you don't mind me saying so."

"Ehehehe..."

"Mom, stop weirding out my friend!"

She smirks inside her costume. "Sorry."

"... Say, whatever happened between you and that one girl? Ummm... Marine, right? You ever work up the courage to-"

He's suddenly a fair distance from you, crouched in a corner, despair emanating from him in waves. "Ch-ch-chubby ch-chaser..."

"... Uh, nevermind." You walk up to him, ignoring the odor of the wild on him, and pat his back awkwardly. "There there... It's okay."

His Exeggcute, The Guys, follows you, the many egg-like seedlings hopping onto his shoulders and snuggling up to him as one.

"... Thanks, Harry. Thanks, Guys."

---

So far, the day is proving... passable. Amazing, compared to other Spirit Festivals. You've only tripped over nothing and been trampled by overexcited kids once!

After he found himself a shower, Logan showed up again, and you caught up with him more.

"So, what exactly were you doing on West Kin Island?"

"Didn't you hear? There was a big wildfire in the area."

"What?" You must have been too focused on your training to notice.

"Yeah. Berry Forest was just about consumed. We spent ages pushing it back. But that's not the weird part."

"What is, then?" Mom asks.

"Well... and, don't tell anyone, I'm only telling you because you're a fairly trustworthy person and I believe you can help us, but... we don't think it was a natural wildfire. We actually cleared out areas... only for them to spring back up in flames again. Sometimes it surrounded us like that."

You swallow. That would not have been a good way to go.

"So, you think someone was starting those fires?"

"Yeah. But I don't think there are any Pokemon in that forest that can do anything like that."

"Hmmm... A Pidgetto might, with Heat Wave... But that's unlikely, unless there's a specially trained one that's been released into the area." She raises an oversized, vine-fingered hand to her face. "... No. I can't think of any native Pokemon with Fire Type moves."

"That's what I was worried about. If it's not natural and not the doing of a wild Pokemon..."

"Then a human must of done it, either with Pokemon help or some other means," you finish.

"Yeah. And we didn't find anyone in that forest who wasn't a wild Pokemon." He frowns. "It was real bad up there. I'm actually on a short leave - tomorrow I'm heading back up there to help in the reforesting. The Guys might be able to help the plant life grow back faster, if the fire hasn't started back up again."

"... Well, what are we doing sitting here talking about bad news, then!?" Mom says. "Let's live it up!"

(Pick 1)
[] Try to enjoy the festivities.
-[] Play some of the festival games.
-[] Maybe there's a Pokemon Tourney going on? It should be a good experience for Sirocco and Mister.
-[] Buy...
--[] Presents for [Insert Pokemon Name Here] (Random cost between 50 and 300 Poke)
--[] Souvenirs for Mom (Random cost between 50 and 500 Poke)
--[] Souvenirs for Logan (Random cost between 50 and 500 Poke)
--[] Souvenirs for yourself (Random cost between 50 and 300 Poke)
[] Find somewhere out of any potential trouble, away from the hustle and bustle of the festival.
[] Be on the lookout...
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » May 7th, 2015, 7:58 am

[] Be on the lookout...
He's suddenly a fair distance from you, crouched in a corner, despair emanating from him in waves. "Ch-ch-chubby ch-chaser..."
*snicker* I wonder what the story there is.

ig: [X] Invisitext
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 7th, 2015, 10:39 am

Agreeing with JAG, be on the lookout.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 11th, 2015, 11:43 pm

ig:

"Albus Dumbledore. It is a pleasure," the robed person says in a distorted voice. A hood enchanted to hide his identity sits over his head, making him appear hairless, earless, entirely featureless. Such is the way of the Unspeakables, since the day one of their own was discovered to be a traitor, selling secrets to Lord Voldemort. Still, the dehumanizing nature of this method of secrecy has always disturbed the Headmaster since it was implemented.

Luckily, Albus knows this particular man from before.

"Likewise, Douglas," Albus says. "How goes progress?"

"... Would you like to see? You have the clearance."

Albus nods, and the two progress to the Room of Space - past the replica of the galaxy, the burning minature sun and the tiny orbs whirling around it. There are many Muggleborn Unspeakables here, spurred on by the strangest desire - to leave this planet behind, and stand upon soil far, far away, to someday make this room a means by which Wizards can travel across the stars in but an instant.

Albus was thinking much bigger.

"Our inspections of Privet Drive were... most fascinating," Douglas says. "It appears a relatively large cosmic distortion appeared right on their doorstep. I daresay the man of the house half chokes to death each time he is told that their threshold was, in fact, the strangest and most notable in the country. It is a good thing that we wiped away their memories of the explanation."

"They have always been... inclined to mundane things, I suppose."

Douglas laughs. It is an eerie thing, hearing an old friend's voice through such a twisted filter. "I cannot see why. Even Muggles have their amazing aspirations. I daresay this wing of the department wouldn't exist if not for their children inheriting them, after all. But I digress. Take a look."

Albus raises an eyebrow at the small pedestal they've come to stand before, atop which sits a very complicated stone structure, with a circular hole down the middle. Inscribed on the stone are countless runic markings.

"It's a bit more... extravagant than it should be, but I cannot blame the lead developer who put it together. He says the architecture is lifted from some show on the Muggle telly. He calls it the Stargate." Douglas picks up a small Muggle toy sitting next to the device, letting it float in the air with his wand, and levitates it into the hole, into which it vanishes.

"And just like that, it's in another dimension?" Albus asks.

"Just like that, it's in another dimension." Douglas smiles. "We've managed to attune it to the dimension Mr. Dodgeson mentioned. Now, it's just a matter of making it big enough to allow us through."

----------------------

Despite your mom's suggestion, you find yourself spending a vast majority of the next few hours too worried to really enjoy yourself. It's the day of the Spirit Festival, bad things always happen around you on this day. There's probably an arsonist running around at large right now. He could be anywhere.

You keep your eyes open for faces you don't recognize, shifty behavior, anything that might help you notice someone... something happening before it gets out of hand-

Suddenly an vine-like tentacle arm wraps around you, pulling you into a chokehold and very odd noogie.

"What's eating you, twerp?" Your mom asks.

"N-nothing! Get off!"

"Not until you tell me what's up."

"Mmmph..." You puff out your cheeks in defiance for a few seconds... then begrudgingly exhale. "Fiiiiiiinne. Let me go..."

"Words mean nothing until they're the ones that explain your sourness."

"... I'm just... worried. Ever since Logan told us about that fire... It's the day of the Spirit Festival, so you know if something happens, I'm gonna get involved-"

"Baaaah. Lighten up, kiddo." She lets you go. "You are way too tense. Things only get as sucky as you think them to be. You gotta think positive."

You sigh. "Okay... I'll try..."

"Good! Now, would you look at that sunset!" She lets you go, and points to the horizon. "That means the festival is about to start in earnest~! We can't miss that, can we!?"

(Pick 1)
[] Try to enjoy the festivities.
-[] Play some of the festival games.
-[] There's a haunted house that should be running soon, maybe that'll be fun...
-[] You think you saw an announcement for a Pokemon Contest starting in a few minutes. Might be a good experience for Sirocco or Mister.
-[] Buy...
--[] Presents for [Insert Pokemon Name Here] (Random cost between 50 and 300 Poke)
--[] Souvenirs for Mom (Random cost between 50 and 500 Poke)
--[] Souvenirs for Logan (Random cost between 50 and 500 Poke)
--[] Souvenirs for yourself (Random cost between 50 and 300 Poke)
[] Find somewhere out of any potential trouble, away from the hustle and bustle of the festival.
[] Be on the lookout...
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 12th, 2015, 6:18 am

[X] Try to enjoy the festivities.
-[X] You think you saw an announcement for a Pokemon Contest starting in a few minutes. Might be a good experience for Sirocco or Mister.

Use Mister for the Contest. Sirocco would probably attack the other contestants.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » May 12th, 2015, 8:04 am

With Rigger.
JAGwin

Return to “%s” Quests