KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby Ristridin » February 19th, 2015, 2:23 pm

Well, by "walls" I was kind of referring to both physical walls and the fourth wall. After all, Pinkie DOES have a giant cannon.

Actually, I'd be more inclined to use a vision on the "let everything go to chance" prompt. After all, we want everyone to stay safe, right?
Yes, that would be the guided Vision, I think. Unguided just picks one of the five triggers at random.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 19th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Getting behind Rigger's proposed plan.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » February 19th, 2015, 6:55 pm

Yeah, I'll go with Rigger's plan.

HOWEVER! We must ask about the pizza!
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 28th, 2015, 6:57 pm

oog:
Still voting for a Vision. Use our Visionary VP. I'd prefer guided to make sure to find out what's going on with the rest, but unguided is fine as well.
You already spent this, back when Kairi was having her latest nightmare. Just... noting this.

Also, I am vetoing Fourth Wall Breakage from Sora's end. The ability to see the future and past is already a rather OP trick. Also, I've been getting complaints regarding overuse of the Pink and Red Wallbusters' Wall-Busting, and will be toning back on it.

ig:
Day 47
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

--Back at the Fifth District----

You stare at the horde of pizzaboxes the... turtle-people have piled up. "... Where did you even get all that...?"

"You don't know? We run a preeeeetty sweet Pizzeria."

Huh. That answers that...

--Now back to your previously scheduled adventure----

"Sooo..." You start. "Has the type of enemy we're up against changed, at all?"

Squall crosses his arms. "... We think the source of the world-destruction is... some kind of Heartless, or group of them. The sticking point is that whatever it is, no one's escaped from it that we know of. No survivors appear here in the wake of the destruction it's been bringing. For now, we're just... assuming that the enemy is the same, but either smarter or stronger or..." He pauses. "We don't know. We don't know a damn thing." There's that tremor in his voice again. Is that... fear? Anger? You're... not sure.

"We know what our plan to counter them is, right?" You supply. "We know it's coming, so we can make some kind of preparation." You try to give him something of a reassuring smile. "So. Where do you want us to be when the attack starts? What do you want us to do?"

"..." Squall closes his eyes. "... If these really are the Heartless, still, then... then either you or Riku should probably be at that... thing you sealed. It's supposed to keep the Heartless from destroying our world, right? So we have to make sure it keeps doing that. We may also want you near the Bunker... just in case."

"Right."

"Other than that... I'd suggest you do what you can to support the other groups. It's not gonna be an easy mission."

"Of course." You smirk. "It never is."

"... Hmph. As the only ones that can truly beat back any Heartless, you're gonna probably be needed all over town, at a moment's notice. We'll make sure that if we need you somewhere specifically, you'll know."

You nod. "You can count on us-"

Vision
Spoiler: show
A great land sweeps out before you, barren of vegetation... but covered in a field of... of Keyblades.

Three people stand at a crossroads. You... you've seen them before, in other Visions. Something in your heart pangs at seeing them together, here. Aqua... Terra... and Ven, you think. The older two have a hand on each shoulder of the younger blond. He... he looks just about your age.

"Guys, I want you to-" The boy's voice cracks with despair.

"The three of us can never be torn apart. You got that?" Terra interjects, gripping Ven's shoulder reassuringly. "I will always find a way."

The boy is silent and still for just a few seconds, before grimacing as he pushes their hands away from him. "I-I couldn't stand it if that... that thing were to be made... because I know you'd be its first victims. So I'm asking you, as my friend, before that happens, just... just kill me. The Master was right... it's the only way."

The two stare for a few seconds, shock and pain in their eyes... but Aqua recovers first, her face hardening. "We need to get out of here. We'll head back to Master Yen Sid, we'll regroup, and figure out what to do. All together, right here, we're only vulnerable." Aqua summons a Keyblade, and points it forward. A beam shoots forth, stopping only a few feet away and expanding into some kind of... portal...

And then the portal shrinks into nothingness.

"Wha... B-but that could only mean... oh no. Oh no." Aqua grits her teeth, raising her Keyblade, gathering some kind of distorting energy around herself and the others. "... Teleporza!" The world around them suddenly jerks, strains... and shatters, knocking all three of them to the ground. She tries again, and the world inverts in colors all around them. "Warpza!" The world again shatters. "No. No, this can't-"

"Let me try." Terra growls, climbing to his feet as darkness gathers around his clenched left hand.

"Terra, don't, it won't work, it's not worth letting the darkness out-" Aqua pauses as he suddenly and forcefully opens his grip. Nearby, a pillar of darkness coalesces into the same kind of portal you've seen others use... before dissolving into a fine mist. "... We're trapped."

"Of course." An old, gravelly voice mutters, echoing over the field. "Did you really think it'd be that easy? I placed a seal on this place long before you arrived, as I was meant to. It was decided, long ago, that we would meet here, and our destinies would be fulfilled. And fate is never wrong, never left to chance."

The ground suddenly shifts below them, and they are tossed aside, away from each other, as many pillars rise up.

"It was here that our predecessors clashed in a great Keyblade War, and left their mark on fate... and it is here, again, that we shall leave ours, and start the war anew."

The world, and your Vision, is chaos, as you watch the three scramble about a battlefield constantly in motion, using some kind of magic to cover themselves in cloaked armor. Earth rises and falls, and the thousands of Keyblades you saw before fly through the air, guided by the wind in terrifying streams. Ven and Aqua, you notice, are caught in a running battle with a boy in black.

Terra finds himself smashed into by one such stream, screaming in pain and rage as it carries him up a cliff... only for a small light to fly to his chest and expand in a bubble.

"Barrierza!" You hear Aqua's voice call out, and the bubble solidifies and deflects the stream for several seconds... before caving in. Terra is tossed from the stream and lands atop the plateau, struggling to get up. His cape is shredded, and his armor is chipped all over. His jaw in particular is exposed, blood streaming from his lip.

"Damn you..." He mutters, and the source of the voice... the old man you saw in a vision so long ago... smirks back at him. The old man draws a wicked, cruel-looking Keyblade, and brings it to bear.

"I knew this was a journey you could make, Terra, over the unseen wall that divides darkness and light."

"My friend, Ven... you tell me right now... what did you do to him!?"

"I did him a favor, and released the darkness inside him. Unfortunately," The old man smiles. "Poor Ventus never had the fortitude for such... strenuous trials."

Terra roars, and charges the man, clashing with his Keyblade several times. Even as he's distracted by the fight, the magic the old man commands to shift the world around him does not falter. He smirks as he dodges a slightly overextended attack, and with a swipe of his free hand Terra drops his Keyblade, his arm (or at least, the armor covering it) frozen solid.

"TAKE THIS!" Ven's voice shouts from just behind the old man as the boy himself appears, moving at insanely high speeds. The old man simply steps aside, and catches Ven's cape in his hand, before freezing the entire boy solid.

"Surely you learned better than to shout when making a sneak attack, boy. I'm disappointed." He tips the boy over with a slight gesture, and kicks him off the cliff.

"VEN!" Terra screams just before a stream of Keyblades smashes into him from above, pushing him to his knees and chipping away at his iced-over armor. The man smiles, and creates a ball of darkness which he then fires into the sky. The clouds part... revealing a heart-shaped moon.

Your vision leaves Terra's side, electing to follow Ven as he falls, his now-brittle cape, leg-armor, and helmet shattering upon catching on outcroppings of stone.

"Ven! WATERGA!" Aqua calls out, forming a pillar of water to catch the boy and let him down more easily as she runs to his side. You can see that, worse than just his armor, his skin is a chilly, pale blue, and his entire body appears stuck in place, except his eyes, which are darting about anxiously. "Ven! Are you okay-gh!" She winces as a beam of darkness hits her back. "What-" She turns and sees another coming. "Reflectza!" She sends the beam flying back, watching it's destination... where there is no one to receive the redirected attack. "Where..." She pauses, and points her Keyblade at something you can't see. "THUNDAZA!" A huge barrage of bolts of lightning fly out, converging on something... but when the dust settles, there's no one there. "Tch... Just a sec, Ven. I'll get you out of this in no time. Es-" She suddenly stops, and changes the spell mid-casting. "Reflectza!" Another beam bounces off her barrier. "... Errrgh. Have to find cover. Can't use that, I'd risk it being destroyed... Where are you...?"

Your Vision returns to Terra. The old man is now accompanied by a boy in black, and Terra's armor is cracked horribly. His left arm's armor is all but gone.

"Hmmm... I think we need to speed this along." The man smirks. "Vanitas, go take back what the boy owes you."

"And the girl?" He replies in a jovial voice that is far, far, far too similar to your own for comfort.

The old man only smiles.

"... Right." He sounds just like you do when you get exactly what you wanted for your birthday.

Terra struggles, raising his Keyblade to shoot several pellets of darkness at the boy's back. Vanitas turns in midair, swatting them away easily. He waves with his free hand, and is gone off the cliff.

Your vision shifts, somehow, and you see, overlaid over the scene you now see, that of Aqua and Ven. Aqua relaxes as a Reflect finishes off. "I got you that time..."

"AQUA!" Ven manages to call out. In the same moment, you notice Terra shift, looking in the direction Vanitas jumped from.

Aqua turns... and is met by a point-blank blast of dark fire from Vanitas. "And I got you."

She cries out, and is sent reeling, her helmet shattered. She doesn't get up. Terra jerks again at the sound of her scream, and your Vision elects to return fully to the scene.

"You see how powerless you are to save them?" The man asks. "Just like with poor Eraqus, you were worse than worthless. Does that make you angry, Terra? Savor that rage, that hatred. Let it empower you. Go ahead! Break free of your bonds, and seek what you desire - revenge!"

Terra roars, scattering the endless stream of Keyblades as a great dark aura bursts out of him, engulfing his bleeding left arm. As he stands again, the last pieces of his armor finally falling away, you (and only you, you're certain) hear the old man whisper, a triumphant smirk on his face:

"Only now have I truly won."
You... you feel faint. Your heart hurts so much. Why?

"Sora, are you alright?" Squall asks, raising a hand to steady you.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
KH1 Traverse Town
FF8 - The Stage is Set
KH2 - Fate of the Unknown

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 28th, 2015, 7:17 pm

"Yeah, I'll be alright. Just a bad Vision. Not about today, though, it was about the past. Nothing to do about it right now, though."

I can't think of anything else we need to do for this particular mission. Maybe see if we can see how the others are doing on their missions, if they're on the way back to HQ.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » February 28th, 2015, 7:41 pm

oog: Invisitext:
You... you feel faint. Your heart hurts so much. Why?
ig: With Rigger.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 28th, 2015, 8:16 pm

Agreed, but we should also talk to Riku, Kairi and Donald about our reaction to this Vision as well as the vision itself when we get the chance. It's not something that's happened before, and that could be important.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 28th, 2015, 9:06 pm

Yes, yes, we need to tell the rest of the gang about this Vision when next we see them (provided the next time we see them isn't in the midst of battle, of course).

OOG: Donald and Goofy (at least Donald) ought to remember Aqua and Ven. They forged D-Links with them during BBS, so hopefully, they might be able to shed some light on this Vision. Apparently not in KHVD canon.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » March 1st, 2015, 7:37 pm

I've got nothing to add, with Mr Rigger and Tempest
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby StillnotHere » March 4th, 2015, 1:06 pm

I Agree with MrRigger and Tempest. This Vision's effect on us is disconcerting.
FINALLY For the first time i have returned to KHVQ.
StillnotHere

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 4th, 2015, 1:11 pm

With above.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 7th, 2015, 12:48 am

ig:
Day 47
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"I... I'm fine..." You shake your head. "Just... a bit of a doozy..." You take a deep breath. "Just a bad Vision... not about anything happening right... right now, though..." It still aches... Why is this happening...? Your vision's blurring at the edges...

"... Let's get you back to the Mayor's office." Squall says. "We've covered all the important stuff, already, anyway."

"Y-yeah."

----
Missions Complete!
Can We Build It?: Bob the Builder needs extra hands completing the bunker. Donald's suggested using his magic to help speed that along. (Enemy Encounter Rate: Low. Donald must be included in the assigned team)
Mission Taken by: Donald.
Success, but Enemies came. Enemy EXP: 20.
Damage Taken: 11 (Donald)
Donald obtained 400 Munny!

Supply Delivery: Dr. Haruno is moving her medical supplies to the bunker. Light and Serah have agreed to help, but maybe they could use an extra hand? (Enemy Encounter Rate: Low)
Mission Taken by Riku.
Success, but Enemies came. Enemy EXP: 20
Damage Taken: 3 (Riku)
Riku Obtained 250 Munny and the "Serah's Bag" upgrade!

Menagerie Mayhem: The 5th District, home to lions, tigers, and bears (oh my), as well as other assorted creatures, is gonna have their hands full transferring the residents to the bunker. They should be fine, but any extra help is appreciated. (Enemy Encounter Rate: Medium)
Mission Taken by Goofy.
Success.
Goofy obtained the "Pride Fang" Neckwear item!
Command - Courage Roar: With a mighty roar, momentarily shatter your enemies resolve. You are afflicted with Guard Break 3, cutting your Defense in half for 3 rounds. Flip a coin. On heads, all foes suffer Stun1. On tails, all foes and allies suffer Guard Break1.

Puppysitting 102: One particular family is having trouble preparing to move their entire group to the bunker. Maybe someone can help with that? (Enemy Encounter Rate: Low)
Mission Taken by Kairi.
Success!
Kairi obtained 100 Munny!
----

Your chest is still aching when you get back. You see that the others got back before you. Goofy is talking with Samus, who seems to have ventured into the town itself. Kairi is dozing peacefully, and a rather scratched up Donald is talking with Laguna.

"Hey, Sora, how-" Riku asks as he turns away from Light and Serah. "... Are... are you crying?"

"... Huh?" You touch your face. It's... wet? Why...? "When did...?"

"You... didn't notice?" Squall asks. "You've been like that since that Vision."

"What kind of Vision did you have?" Riku asks. By this time, you notice that most everyone has turned their attention to you.

You open your mouth to speak... and close it. It... hurts to remember... You breathe in... and out. "I... I think it was in the past... and I don't really remember meeting anyone from the Vision... but when I think about what I saw... it hurts, right here." You clutch your chest.

"..." Riku looks like he wants to say something, but is considering. "... Maybe we should get you checked out by Dr. Haruno?"

You look to the right, gazing at Kairi. "... Maybe." For a second there... you thought you saw Aqua sitting in Kairi's place.

Donald smiles. "I'm not exactly a shabby doctor myself. I can take a look."

You nod, and Donald takes you to one of the back rooms before starting up some spell-glyphs of various shapes, sizes, and colors, letting them pass over you. You... think you recognize some of them from when he was checking on Kairi.

"So, mind if I ask what you saw?" Donald asks.

"A battle... three Keyblade users, against two others. And they were really, really trying to kill each other."

Donald raises an eyebrow. "That's... odd. From what I read, the Order was mostly of one mind. You sure it wasn't just a spar-"

"I'm sure-!" The pain spikes, and you wince. "It was life or death out there..."

Donald frowns. "... And you said... you don't remember ever knowing any of them?"

"I don't. I mean, I've seen some of them in other Visions... but..."

"Do you have names?"

"Just of the three. Terra, Aqua, and Ven."

"Hmmm..." Donald frowns. "I've never heard of them. Anyway..." He pokes your chest with some kind of weird ball of light. "I'm definitely seeing an emotional reaction, and from your face it's definitely connected to whatever's causing you pain. I think, even if you don't remember them consciously, you've met the people you saw in your Vision. Maybe when you were young?"

"Maybe... I mean, Riku met a Keybearer, too."

"... For now, try to get some sleep. If it's keeping you up for longer than an hour, don't hesitate - call me, and I'll use some magic to help you relax."

You nod, and Donald leaves you to your room.

You curl yourself up in your bed, and try to get some rest...

(HP, MP, LP, and VP restored)

Dream Vision:
The Islands...
"Sora, have I ever told you where you got your name?"
You see a house in the dead of night, being rocked by horrifyingly strong winds.
"It was a dark and stormy night... The worst storm we'd had in a long time."
You hear your mother crying in pain, her voice only barely surpassing the sound of the storm. Your Vision moves inside, and you see your mother, struggling on a bed, grasping your father's hand. Little things, like pictures on the wall, came undone from the walls, clattering to the floor. A window breaks.

"S-shit!" Your uncle Gatta rushes over, and covers it up with a plank of wood. "Man, this is ridiculous. What's next-"

The entire roof chooses this moment to be ripped away, carried off into the sky.

"Oh gods..."
"I was terrified, the whole time, that the house would come apart around us, or that you'd come, and then get swept away by the storm."
A baby's first squalling cry comes forth, and an elderly woman brings the newborn into his mother's waiting arms.
"But then... just as soon as Madame Kilika gave you to me, and I held you in my arms..."
He cries for just a little longer, before staring into your mother's eyes.
"The wind calmed down, and the skies cleared."
"The storm... it's stopped." Your father mutters. Sure enough, for all the chaos being wrought mere moments ago, the the world was perfectly quiet and calm, and the clouds have parted.

"A blessing from the sky gods..." the old lady whispers in awe.
"We knew it had to be a sign. The storm... the sky gods hadn't meant any harm... they just wanted to see you.
He looks confused for just a few moments... and then he smiles, and giggle.
"And looking into your eyes... I knew why."
"So, my dear... Have you chosen a name for him, yet?" the old lady asks.
"I saw the future in those cute little eyes of yours, that you would make many amazing friends, and the sky wanted to be your very first.
"I have." Your mother smiles, holding the baby up.
"So I thanked it for its blessing, and named you after it, using one of its many ancient names."
"I think I'll name you... Sora. How does that sound?"
"Remember always, Sora... you were named for the sky, which connects everything."
The baby coos with delight.
Day 48
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"Sora?" You find yourself waking to Kairi nudging you. "... Are you... okay?"

You look at the clock. It's still early... about 4 AM.

Music:
KH BBS - Ventus' Theme

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Last edited by JamestheFox on April 14th, 2015, 5:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » March 7th, 2015, 7:11 am

"I... saw how I got my name. My birth. Dad and mom were there. Remembering them... Was I crying in my sleep?"

ooc: Plenty of invisitext in that Vision.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » March 7th, 2015, 10:53 am

The invisitext says to me that we've heard the story of how we've gotten our name before, probably more than once, like Kairi listening to her grandmother tell the story about the Light. With that in mind...

"I saw the day I was born. Mom had told me the story before, but I never realized just how bad the storm was that day. It ripped the whole roof off our house! But maybe... my Vision was trying to tell me something? Things might look bad right now, but as long as we're patient and don't give up, things will get better. And we'll be able to rebuild."

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 7th, 2015, 11:51 am

Hmm... I want to agree with Rigger and Rist... so I vote we start with some variation of "Was I crying?" After the answer, continue with what Rigger said.
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » March 7th, 2015, 6:45 pm

oog: Invisitext:
You look to the right, gazing at Kairi. "... Maybe." For a second there... you thought you saw Aqua sitting in Kairi's place.

"Sora, have I ever told you where you got your name?"
You see a house in the dead of night, being rocked by horrifyingly strong winds.
"It was a dark and stormy night... The worst storm we'd had in a long time."

"Oh gods..."
"I was terrified, the whole time, that the house would come apart around us, or that you'd come, and then get swept away by the storm."
A baby's first squalling cry comes forth, and an elderly woman brings the newborn into his mother's waiting arms.
"But then... just as soon as Madame Kilika gave you to me, and I held you in my arms..."
He cries for just a little longer, before staring into your mother's eyes.
"The wind calmed down, and the skies cleared."

"A blessing from the sky gods..." the old lady whispers in awe.
"We knew it had to be a sign. The storm... the sky gods hadn't meant any harm... they just wanted to see you.
He looks confused for just a few moments... and then he smiles, and giggle.
"And looking into your eyes... I knew why."
"So, my dear... Have you chosen a name for him, yet?" the old lady asks.
"I saw the future in those cute little eyes of yours, that you would make many amazing things, and the sky wanted to be your very first.
"I have." Your mother smiles, holding the baby up.
"So I thanked it for its blessing, and named you after it, using one of its many ancient names."
"I think I'll name you... Sora. How does that sound?"
"Remember always, Sora... you were named for the sky, which connects everything."
ig: I agree with Wraith.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 7th, 2015, 6:56 pm

Agreeing with Wraith's approach as well.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Bezzerker » March 7th, 2015, 7:02 pm

+1'ing to Plan Wraith
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 13th, 2015, 10:10 pm

ig:
Day 48
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"Was I... you know, crying again?" You ask blearily. Your face doesn't feel moist anymore... and the ache in your chest seems to have faded away.

"No... I just... I was worried. The last time something weird happened with your Visions, you were..." Kairi looks away. "... I know, it's a little crazy. We knew what was wrong, then, and this isn't that. But... I can't help but worry." She looks a bit guilty. "... Sorry I woke you up so early."

"No, it's fine. I get it." You smile. "Just had another Vision in my sleep, actually."

"Huh?"

"I saw the day I was born. She used to tell me stories about it... But to see it happening was something else entirely. There was this... insane storm... the house I was born in, my parents' old home, got its top ripped right off. But... when I finally was born... everything calmed down." You sit up a bit, crossing your arms. "... Maybe my Vision was trying to tell me something?"

"Maybe."

"Even when things look bad... if you don't give up, things'll get better." You nod.

"Silly, we already know that!" Kairi giggles, nudging you. However, a few moments later her smile fades into a look of realization. "... Did you forget?"

You think about it. "... Maybe. Just a little."

The thought gives you pause. You're not sure when you forgot... was it just yesterday...?

It's hard sometimes... seeing things you're not sure you can change. How much suffering have you seen, just because of your Visions? Another world lost... another person in pain... What can you even do faced with everything that you've seen-

You push back those thoughts. That kind of thinking isn't helping anyone. It's like you said: you can't give up... you'll find a way, and things'll get better.

They have to.

"Sora?"

"Yeah-?" You blink as you find yourself pulled into a hug.

"Don't worry. Everyone forgets things like that every now and then... and if it happens again... I'll be there to remind you, okay?"

"... Thanks."

------

A few hours later, you and Kairi get up for real. As you're eating breakfast, Squall comes by.

"Sora, how are you doing?"

"Pretty good," you reply.

"Good to hear... I didn't get much chance in all the hubub before... but I want you to have this." Squall hands you a bag of Munny. "It should help you get ready for the fights ahead."

Sora obtained 700 Munny!

"W-whoa. You don't need it?"

"I've already bought everything I can carry around - anything else would just weigh me down. I imagine there aren't a lot of opportunities to earn munny traveling as much as you guys do, though."

Riku wakes up soon after, and he's happy to tell you what happened during his mission. Setting up a medical center in the bunker sounded like a lot of work, and there were more than a few very delicate items she had him be really careful with. Serah apparently seemed glad for the work, though.

"... So then I actually asked her about... well, her friend." Riku says, before taking a bite out of a piece of toast. "Back on her world, she was on a team with him... He was supposedly the cheery, never-give-up type, but... well, the day the Heartless appeared... they had just come back from a failed, very important mission, and then he learned his teacher died. Dr. Haruno thinks that if it had been any other day, he'd have made it out..." He shakes his head. "Anyway... she didn't want to tell me any more after that... Anyway, the doc says that if the fighting gets too bad and someone gets too hurt, we're to retreat to the bunker, and see her."

The Bunker can now treat injuries! If the incoming attack lasts longer than one day, you'll be able to heal HP by resting there!

When Goofy woke up, he spun a tale of a lion that he befriended. Supposedly the animal was very protective of the district and its inhabitants, and had to be convinced that the evac group was trying to help. It took some doing, but Goofy managed to peacefully resolve the situation, and the lion gave him a fang as a token of friendship. Supposedly, Samus was wandering the area as well, and Goofy managed to convince her to stick around and help the town.

Samus Aran has pledged to aid Traverse Town during the incoming attack!

Donald mentioned that the construction work was interrupted by strange dark creatures that weren't Heartless, but while they did manage some serious damage to the workers (including Donald himself), he mentioned that the Claymores did a very good job of helping put the monsters down.

The Bunker is fully built! The entire population of Traverse Town should be able to fit inside the bunker.

Traverse Town Missions, Day 48, Endless Night Part 1 of 2
Can We IMPROVE It?: We've got the Bunker's defenses functioning, but if we can route the Claymore System's controls directly to the Bunker, we'll be more capable of fighting back! (Enemy Encounter Rate: Low)
Off to see the Wizard: We should check in on Merlin, and see if he can help in any way. Maybe he can teach us some magic, or give us info on The King. (Enemy Encounter Rate: High)
Alley Cats: There are a lot of people living in the Back Streets, and it's possible that not all of them received the evacuation orders. Maybe you can go look around for stragglers? (Enemy Encounter Rate: Medium)
Stock Up: Maybe we should spend some time checking the shops while they're still open, and stocking up on useful items. (Enemy Encounter Rate: None. Munny Needed to buy items. Sora must be part of the party.)

Music:
KH1 - Traverse Town

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
JamestheFox

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 13th, 2015, 10:22 pm

Hm... I'm tempted to suggest sending Kairi and Riku to check on Merlin, while we go and buy supplies (after consulting with the rest of our party). I think Donald could help with the control re-routing, and Goofy for the Alley Cats. Of course, that's assuming we're planning to do ALL of those things... (which I don't think would be the best idea.)
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » March 13th, 2015, 10:43 pm

Can We IMPROVE It?: Send Goofy on this one.

Alley Cats: Riku can handle this one. Set his Disposition to automatically switch to Shadow of the Avenger if he gets into a fight and Rikku's Riku otherwise.

Off to see the Wizard: Give this to Sora, Donald and Kairi. We'll need a Keyblade for when the Heartless show up, and we'll probably want Donald or Goofy to talk to Merlin about the King.
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » March 13th, 2015, 10:51 pm

Alright, we have two Mission slots today, as I understand things. With an encounter rate of High, I think we should book everybody for doing Off to See the Wizard, and we should make it the second slot, while the first slot will be spent split up, readying ourselves and helping others.

I think our first Mission phase should have Sora and Kairi going off to Stock Up, hitting shops for equipment. If the two of them go together, we can carry most of the party's Munny, maxing out at 3000 Munny that Sora and Kairi's bags can hold. I think we should make it a priority to hit the Gizmo Shop for Protect and Shell Generators, and Capsule Corp for Guard Bots.

Also during the first Mission Phase, Riku and Goofy should do the Alley Cats mission, rounding up stragglers. Goofy apparently proved himself fairly persuasive yesterday, and as Captain of the Guard, he should be good at getting the word out and organising people. Maybe he can pick up another Defender like he did with Samus yesterday. Riku's going along in case there's a fight, because it does have an Enemy Encounter rate of Medium, and Riku and Goofy should be able to handle most things together.

Donald should spend the first Mission Phase doing Can We IMPROVE It? He helped with Bunker construction yesterday, so he knows who's there and what he's walking into, which should make things go a bit smoother. Routing the Claymore control systems to the Bunker sounds like it would be up his alley, too, as if they need it physically routed, he can magically animate the cables to snake them into place, and if it's computer routing, he's certainly got a leg up over Sora/Riku/Kairi.

For the second Mission Phase, everybody should meet back up to go to Merlin's, which sounds like it would be the most dangerous of the missions. With an encounter rate of High, I don't want to take chances.

Summary:

Stock Up: Sora, Kairi
Alley Cats: Riku, Goofy
Can We IMPROVE It?: Donald

After lunch: Everybody does Off to Meet the Wizard.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » March 13th, 2015, 10:58 pm

Okay, I'm now mostly with Rigger if we can do Off to see the Wizard after lunch.

I'd still like to set Riku's Disposition to auto-switch to Shadow of the Avenger in the event that he gets into a fight, then back to Rikku's Riku when said fight ends.

As for supplies, I'm more inclined to get various Potions and maybe some Ethers, but Rigger's supplies work too.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 13th, 2015, 11:00 pm

Agreeing to Rigger's plan with Jag's addendum about Riku's Disposition.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 13th, 2015, 11:26 pm

With Rigger, but it was JAG who had the thing about Riku's disposition, not me...
-___-
lol
Wraith5

Return to “%s” Quests