A Shinobi in Star Wars

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: A Shinobi in Star Wars

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 7th, 2014, 7:59 pm

Play along, helping her with this may give us further insights into how the Jedi operate. Plus do we really want to have someone being trained to use a laser sword with a grudge against us?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Bezzerker » November 7th, 2014, 8:05 pm

Play along, in addition to what has been said, we may be able to connect with Ahsoka and act as another good influence for the youngling.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 18th, 2014, 7:36 pm

You betray nothing. This girl's up to something, and if you don't play along, she's... probably gonna find someone who actually WILL fall for her lies. Hopefully you can at least make sure she doesn't get into... TOO much trouble.

"Oh? You pay? Alright. Can use money."

"Good to hear! Now, we gotta hurry. We need a droid with an arm..."

"... a hoverpad... and paint. There's some other supplies I need to get, but I can get them easy. Just keep up your end of the bargain, and find those three... and you'll get what's coming to you." Wow, malicious foreshadowing. She isn't even remotely subtle, is she? She waves goodbye, and runs off. Almost a minute later, her voice crackles on the communicator. "And remember, don't. tell. anyone."

Hmmm... Where to begin...

[] Find a Droid
-[] Time to put E7-213 to good use! (Select a second object to attempt completion of in this case.)
-[] Maybe there's one wandering the halls I can... borrow. (Non-Aligned Check)
-[] I could buy Ahsoka a droid of her own... (costs money)
[] Find a Hoverpad
-[]The training room has one of those! (Wis Check)
-[]Wonder if they sell those somewhere. Maybe I should ask around... (Cha Check, may cost money)
[] Find Paint
-[] Wasn't there a supply closet... somewhere? (Wis Check)
-[] I bet there's SOMEWHERE that sells paint. Buuutt... where? (Cha Check)
[] Disregard orders, spy on Ahsoka. (Agi Check)
[] Tell the Jedi that Ahsoka's up to something.
[] Write In (Wis Check, modified by Flaw. Additional checks based on exactly what you do.)

Kyo's Character Sheet
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 18th, 2014, 8:10 pm

[X] Find a Droid
-[X] Time to put E7-213 to good use! (Select a second object to attempt completion of in this case.)
[X] Find a Hoverpad
-[X]The training room has one of those! (Wis Check)
-[]Wonder if they sell those somewhere. Maybe I should ask around... (Cha Check, may cost money)
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » November 18th, 2014, 10:19 pm

With Tempest.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 15th, 2014, 8:47 pm

You think for a second, but decide to risk your new droid for this mission. It should be a good test of its abilities... You go into your room, and activate the droid.

"@#%#$^%$#." The Droid beeps. "@$@%^%&^$^&%*&*#$$%&$^&$^$#$^%##^-"

"We have mission. Ready?"

"@##! #@$%#$%^#!" It replies. You... aren't sure what that means, but it starts following you, chattering all the while.

With that settled, you start thinking of a way to get a hoverboard...
WIS roll: 83+7 (Jack of All Trades)+12=102
... That's right! The big training room has a few there. Mostly for training Jedi how to fight in areas with extremely varying terrain elevations, you think. You run over that way. Sure enough... there's a few deactivated hoverboards sitting there, of varying sizes... You order E7 to sit still, and approach the hoverboards...

(You may take at least one of these, but additional hoverboards may need to be sealed in the Scroll.)
[]Take the big, circular one. (requires being sealed in the Scroll)
[]Take the long, rectangular one.
[]Take the extremely small, triangular one. (can be stored inside E7)

[]Seal it in your Scroll.
[]Carry it without the Scroll. (May impede stealth attempts)
[]Store it inside one of E7's compartments.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » December 15th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Hmm... Take the big one and seal it in the scroll.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » January 31st, 2015, 9:15 pm

You look around, before unfurling your containment scroll and sealing the largest of the hoverboards. Not sure what Ahsoka wants with one... Hopefully you won't get in trouble for borrowing this.

You turn and leave, scroll safely in place. Now, you only have to find- someone's coming. You take a few steps away from the hoverboards, and carefully eye one of the distant training dummies.

"... Ah, you must be the outsider we've allowed to stay with us. Come to further hone your skills?" You keep yourself calm as a tall, almost sickly-looking stick of a Jedi takes you in. You find yourself drawn into her eyes, which are almost cloudy. Her voice, likewise, seems somewhat... detached, like she's not all there. You think you've seen her before. A ways away, you can see a young girl poking her head into the room.

"... Yes." You inwardly sigh. Well, this could delay you a bit. You draw a brace of shuriken and, after a little gauging, you throw them at the closest dummy. "... Er, name is Kyo. Yours?"

"... It is Prada Kator."

You nod politely, and continue your target practice. Her eyes never leave you, it feels like, and it's starting to weird you out.

"... You throw shards of metal at your target? Somewhat unorthodox. Most like yourself would use a blaster of some sort."

"At home, shuriken techniques known by even rookie ninja." You continue practicing your throws, trying to get more and more accurate with each throw.

"So... you are a rookie? New to your... 'ninja?'"

"No. But practice always good."

"It is always wise to practice the basics. Even the most advanced Form VI Lightsaber technique may have its roots in the most simple training exercise of Form I."

"Er... Yes."

Getting fancier, you start strafing the target, tossing shuriken to continue hitting specific points.

"... Your training dummy is not putting up much of a fight."

"It is not."

"Perhaps a moving target would provide more challenge?"

"Perhaps," you reply.

"Perhaps you could honor me with a simple spar? I would like to demonstrate the utility the basics of the Force could supply when honed perfectly, and you may provide a good example."

[]Accept
[]Decline

Kyo's Data
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » February 1st, 2015, 1:16 pm

Accept, but try not to cause too severe injuries, we don't want to accidentally kill someone or get kicked out and/or arrested.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 1st, 2015, 1:38 pm

Decline, the woman's wording feels... off. Like she's looking for an excuse to show off how superior the Force is to the mere mortal. And if that's the case then the only way to give a good accounting of ourselves would be to use our jutsu, which would give away too much information.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » February 1st, 2015, 1:54 pm

Okay, switching to Tempest's plan.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » February 1st, 2015, 2:18 pm

I'm with TK. Besides, from what I understand, the best thing (maybe, not too sure) for us to learn about the Force would be how we can counter it. While we could use pure speed (we ARE a shinobi, after all), some would probably expect that. And as a shinobi, we don't (always) do the expected/obvious, right? From that standpoint, we would be best served sparring or learning from one of the more experienced/patient Jedi. She... seems like a rather new teacher. Either that, or the girl outside the room experienced something... troubling... related to the Force, and Prada wants to show her something besides that.

On the other hand, she sounds almost like we're going to essentially be an object used as a teaching demonstration.

I just realized... we're inside. In a room. With walls. And a ceiling. We could up our game by using wall-walking or something to go to high-speed target practice, while explaining that you need some time to think. We could use a reason like 'Recent revelations have given me much to contemplate. Practice... helps settle my mind. Perhaps at a later time?' Before we actually accept the offer, we should probably find out a little more about her. I think we should use Ahsoka as one of our sources, but I'm not sure who would be a good older Jedi to ask.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 5th, 2015, 10:55 pm

oog:

Considering the benefits of moving this quest over to Sufficient Velocity Forums. Unlike KHVD, this quest doesn't seem to have much of a following around here, so the move gives the opportunity to give it a slightly larger base to gather questers from.

If there's reasons to... well, not do so, then let me know. Otherwise, this will likely be the last update of SiSWs on VD.

PS: Seriously guys? No interest in a fight? At all? At this rate, I'm gonna have to throw something big at you to force you to fight (which is gonna happen anyways, this is a Legend Mission, after all).

PPS: No one's given a good description of your character's physical appearance, so I made one from scratch. Kyo Iga is now a 24 year old Chunin of Konoha, athletically built with short-shaved pink hair, green eyes, and lightly tanned skin. On a girl this might look cute and pretty. On him... well, he used to be made fun of for it.

Luckily, you now live in a world where you're far from the weirdest-looking person.

ig:

You shake your head. "No, but thank you. I... not well-suited to fight Jedi. Last time, lost Shuriken to Lightsaber. Not have good source anymore, must conserve."

Her expression changes very, very little. "Unfortunate. Too many, I believe, are often-times caught up in the way of the Lightsaber. It is a marvelous thing... but it can distract from the true power of the Jedi. It is only because the training is considered necessary that I bother teaching it to my Padawan..." She looks at her student, still only barely poking in on the room. "... Why not come and introduce yourself, Judro?"

The girl shrinks a little.

"... Judro. There is nothing to fear. Why do you hide?"

The girl mutters something intelligible. "I-I don't wanna embarrass myself. Y-you said the training room was empty."

"Judro, there is no shame in struggling. We all have our own hurdles to overcome." Her face doesn't change, and that... almost distracted tone in her voice is still there. "You were chosen because of the great connection to the Force you have... I know you have it in you to achieve great things with it. Believe in that, and let the Force guide you."

[]Recollect Shuriken and leave.
-[] Now to find some paint...
--[] Wasn't there a supply closet... somewhere? (Wis Check)
--[] I bet there's SOMEWHERE that sells paint. Buuutt... where? (Cha Check)
[]Stay
-[] Accept Prada's spar challenge
-[] Watch Prada and Judro
-[] Spend time training.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 5th, 2015, 11:04 pm

Before we leave give the girl a smile and some words of encouragement. "Is not easy to get better at things you struggle with. But sometimes can turn flaws into strengths." Toss another shuriken, and skip it along the floor. "Used to be very bad with shuriken..." Then preform the same move at a slightly different angle, and ricochet the tool up and into around where the femoral artery would be. "Then found out how to do that by accident." Then collect our shuriken and leave to find some paint.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » February 5th, 2015, 11:26 pm

OoG: I really hope you don't move this... I don't want to have to make and keep track of an account on another forum...

IG: With TK. I think we should try to find a supply closet. However, I think we should go for a less... dangerous... target area. Perhaps the inside of the elbow?
Last edited by Wraith5 on February 5th, 2015, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » February 5th, 2015, 11:43 pm

oog: Invisitext:
Spoiler: show
The girl mutters something intelligible. "I-I don't wanna embarrass myself. Y-you said the training room was empty."
I've never even heard of this other site ae far as I can remember, and I definitely don't have an account there. Am I right in assuming that it won't cost anything?

ig: With Tempest, possibly but not necessarily with Wraith's alteration. Not sure whether aiming for what would be a kill shot is a good idea here, even if it is a dummy, but I'm also not sure aiming for a non-lethal hit would get the point across.

EDIT: Also in favor of looking for a supply closet. Cheaper that way.
Last edited by JAGwin on February 5th, 2015, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » February 5th, 2015, 11:46 pm

Actually, going for a center of mass hit might be better.
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 6th, 2015, 12:55 am

We're looking to show her something that takes skill to do. So perhaps a compromise and do a ricochet into the back of the knee on the dummy? Crippling, not usually lethal, and takes skill to accomplish.

Also I concur with finding a supply closet.

As for "Sufficient Velocity" it's a forum site that spun off of Spacebattles and is indeed free.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » February 6th, 2015, 11:00 am

oog: Phew. That's a relief.

ig: Back of the knee sounds good, if we can actually do that.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » February 6th, 2015, 11:08 am

OoG: Still, I've got so may different things to keep track of, I'd rather not add another forum to the list...

IG: Sure, back of the knee sounds good.
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 29th, 2015, 12:54 pm

ig:

You frown a little. It's... really not your place to butt in...
Initiative Failure Roll: 91 (Success)
But at the same time...

"Er, not easy to get better at things you struggle with. But last flower blooms best," you say somewhat awkwardly. It's... hard to be poetic when you're still learning the language, harder still to translate poetic advice from your academy teachers. You toss a shuriken haphazardly, and it skips along the ground. "Was not always good at shuriken. But never gave up."

You spend a split second aiming, and toss a wired shuriken.
Shuriken Roll: 53+12 Dex +10 KoW=75. Manipulation Jutsu Reroll: Lower. Not kept.
You deftly yo-yo the wire right into the back of the dummy's knee.

"Took hard work, luck, and time, but now... I am good."

You nod, and start collecting your shuriken.

"Never give up, and you grow strong."

Your equipment retrieved, give the duo one last smile and head out to continue your mission.

[X]Recollect Shuriken and leave.
-[X] Now to find some paint...
--[X] Wasn't there a supply closet... somewhere? (Wis Check) Wis Check: 33+12+6=51 (Complication)

You remember seeing some kind of supply closet that might have paint, so you decide to go looking for it...

You search...

And search...

Annnnd search...

Gaaaahh. Where is it?

"Are you looking for something, Kyo?" You frown. Great, someone's noticed you wandering the halls. You turn to see Mace.

"Yes. On errand. But can't find objective."

"I figured as much. What're you looking for?"

[]Tell him...
-[]You're looking for a supply closet.
-[]You're looking for paint. Lots of paint.
-[]You're helping Padawan Ahsoka with something.
-[]A lie (Write in, CHA Check)
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » March 29th, 2015, 1:10 pm

ig: [X]Tell him...
-[X]You're looking for a supply closet.

oog: Out of curiosity, what happened to the plan to move this to Sufficient Velocity?
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » March 29th, 2015, 3:37 pm

I've decided to stick to here for now.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 29th, 2015, 5:39 pm

I vote a combination of 1 and 2 We're looking for a supply closet to get some paint for a project. Best part is it's not a lie.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 29th, 2015, 5:40 pm

I'm with TK.
Wraith5

Return to “%s” Quests