KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 17th, 2015, 10:13 pm

ig:
Day 48
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"... Well, I hate to say this... but I think we should go right."
"He can be taught." Riku mutters.
As you head down the right path, you keep an eye out for more signs. The sound of the Heartless fades out... and you can hear a smaller number of Heartless ahead.

You stop at another fork in the road. A path continues ahead, but there is another branching off to the left.

You hear the swishing sound coming from the left, but it's much quieter than the previous source.

You can see that your friends are starting to look really sickly.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
Dark Cloud 2 - Underground Water Channel

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » April 17th, 2015, 10:21 pm

Let's go right again, away from the swishing. Suggest covering our faces with our shirts to try and dilute the effect in the air.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 17th, 2015, 10:44 pm

I think we may need to blow another Vision to be honest.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Ristridin » April 20th, 2015, 5:39 pm

All we need to decide is to go for the swishing sound or not, right? Do we really need a Vision for that? Especially if we get more branches from here on...

Edit: With Rigger, by the way.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » April 20th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Yeah, I'm with Mr. Rigger.
Last edited by gamebrain89 on April 20th, 2015, 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Bezzerker » April 20th, 2015, 5:42 pm

With MrRigger
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 20th, 2015, 6:17 pm

ig:
Day 48
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You consider for a moment, then take off your coat, wrapping it around Kairi like a scarf. "Here. We should at least try to filter this stuff out..." You lift up your shirt to do likewise, and see Riku and Goofy do the same, as Donald covers his bill with his hat.

"I feel ridiculous," Donald mutters. Kairi, blushing, murmurs something, but it gets muffled by the coat.

You go straight ahead, away from the swishing sounds.

"I wonder how long we can avoid the Heartless..." Riku mutters.

"Don't say that! You'll jinx-" Donald pauses, and you follow his gaze ahead, pausing your walk as well. "You had to say it."

There's a number of Heartless just... sitting around. One of the shadows' antennae twitch, and suddenly they're all looking your way. There's a green mage heartless, and a strange... ghostly Heartless with a bright light for one of its eyes.

"Greeeaaaat..." Riku growls, then starts coughing through his shirt. "This is just great."

Battle Stats (Skippable, costs 3 Turns)
Sora - 45/45 HP, 10/10 MP (Guard Break ∞)
Kairi - 40/40 HP, 27/27 MP (Guard Break ∞)
Riku - 51/60 HP, 12/12 MP (Guard Break ∞)
Donald - 13/30 HP, 23/23 MP(Guard Break ∞)
Goofy - 65/70 HP, 4/4 MP (Guard Break ∞)

Search Ghost - 8/8 HP, 9/9 MP
Shadow 1 - 8/8 HP
Shadow 2 - 8/8 HP
Green Requiem - 11/11 HP, 51/51 MP

Music:
Dark Cloud 2 - The Battle

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 20th, 2015, 7:15 pm

I'm going to suggest killing that Search Ghost FAST. Just the name makes me think it can call in reinforcements.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » April 20th, 2015, 8:01 pm

Hit the Green Requiem hard and fast with Glacier-Breaker, then Berserk. Once it's down, take out the Search Ghost.

EDIT: Also, be sure to tell Donald that Magic doesn't work on the GR.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby gamebrain89 » April 21st, 2015, 3:48 pm

Yeah, all due respect to you guys wanting to fight, but NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE. Discretion is the better part of valor. Guard break. NOPITY NOPE. Time to NOPE the hell right out of there.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 21st, 2015, 4:36 pm

OoG: Right, forgot about the Guard Break... oops.
New suggestion: Everyone stomp the Search Ghost, then GTFO. If they're searching for something, we don't want them finding it. If we leave it, it also sounds like they'll have an easier time following/finding us in the future.
Possible plan:
Spoiler: show
Have Donald use Protect on someone, have Riku and Goofy ready to use Cover+ and Cover. Sora and Kairi use one of their heavy-hitting moves from the get-go.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby Ristridin » April 21st, 2015, 5:24 pm

Look at their hit points. These things look like mooks. We'll stomp them far before they can do serious damage. Just use serious attacks from the start. For example, assuming no weaknesses/strengths, Kairi's Faith Aura deals 4 damage minimum on all enemies, 6 if we roll 5 or higher. That's half or more of these guys on the first round.

We can try to use Aero Aura to clear the air a little bit as well.
Ristridin

Unread postby JAGwin » April 21st, 2015, 8:06 pm

And keep in mind that the only other way we can go leads right into a swarm of other Heartless (that I can't remember the name of right now).
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » April 21st, 2015, 8:33 pm

I'm voting for to NOPE right the hell out. We've got poison in the air, Guard Break in permanent effect (and it's not affecting the Heartless), and Donald's under half health. Can we win this? Almost absolutely. Should we waste the time? I'm less sure.

If we do have to stick around and fight, we need to crush everybody as quickly as possible, to make sure the fight doesn't drag on.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » April 21st, 2015, 9:40 pm

And keep in mind that the only other way we can go leads right into a swarm of other Heartless (that I can't remember the name of right now).
Look at their hit points. These things look like mooks. We'll stomp them far before they can do serious damage. Just use serious attacks from the start. For example, assuming no weaknesses/strengths, Kairi's Faith Aura deals 4 damage minimum on all enemies, 6 if we roll 5 or higher. That's half or more of these guys on the first round.

We can try to use Aero Aura to clear the air a little bit as well.
Don't care. We can't down them all in one round, and we're already in guard break. stirring the stagnant air around isn't going to do jack. Just because they're there doesn't mean we have to fight them. Nope the hell out of there, and find a different pathway. I'd rather fight the Rapid Thrusters, they're weaker, and there's a chance we won't even have to. So again. Discretion is the better part of valor.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 22nd, 2015, 12:17 pm

Adding my vote to the plan to flee, this toxic mist makes any fight a losing proposition.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Bezzerker » April 22nd, 2015, 1:15 pm

While I would agree with fleeing from the battle due to the Guard Break and other problems, the issue is we are in an enclosed maze chock full of Heartless. Where are we going to go that would keep the Heartless ahead of us from chasing us? Especially if we run into another group of Heartless, which potentially puts us in between two groups of Heartless?

And that is if the Heartless we're facing don't go and alert other Heartless to our presence.

So, I vote that we fight, and try to take out the Heartless as fast as we can.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby Ristridin » April 22nd, 2015, 3:25 pm

Just a mention, but James mentioned that fleeing gives our enemies a free shot at us. So that's hardly better than staying and beating them quickly.

If we want to prevent damage, we might want to use an LP to switch to Neku and grab these Heartless (except maybe the Green Requiem, since it seemed to be immune to that last time) so they can't take advantage of guard break (and are defenseless for a while). Also, switching to Neku gives us some VP to speed things up even more.
Ristridin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » April 22nd, 2015, 5:20 pm

In point of fact, it is a GREAT DEAL better. 1 free shot < 2 or more. Stay and fight they're going to get to attack at a MINIMUM of twice, for full damage. WHILE we are poisoned. And fighting a group with a healer that's immune to magic. So they're likely to get more than that.

The argument that there are other heartless in here so we might as well fight now is bad. Because frankly I'd rather deal with Rapid Thrusters, because they're weak and easily dispatched, and generally only travel with their own kind. That's a far more agreeable fight. This? This is a bad idea. Sure we may win but I guarantee you we're going to be hurting afterward.

This is a terrible place to get into a fight. We have a better choice. Fighting now is a terrible call.
gamebrain89

Unread postby bookworm702 » April 22nd, 2015, 9:49 pm

I'm thinking run.
bookworm702

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 22nd, 2015, 10:26 pm

oog: Looks like a tie.

Flipping coin (Heads, fight, tails, attack)... tails. Fleeing...

As an FYI, I mentioned this in the Skype thread (which anyone is free to join, just send me your skype address), so I'll mention it again here and now:

Fleeing from foes is an automatic success, except in exceptional cases (such as enemies surrounding you, being backed into a corner, or it being a Boss battle), in which case it's an opposed roll. An enemy that is outright Covering you (as Riku has done to enemy Heartless before) causes you to auto-fail except in exceptional cases.

ig:
Day 48
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

(The miasma has infected you! Poison∞ has been inflicted! You will take increasing amounts of damage each turn!

Fleeing...
Spoiler: show
Sora
Def:11/2+4=9

Kairi
Def:9/2+5=9

Riku
Def:20/2+1=11

Donald
Def:12/2+4=10

Goofy
Def:18/2+6=15

Shadow 1
Command: Flurry Claw
Target: Kairi
Atk: 13+1=14 (2+2 Hits=4 Damage!)

Shadow 2
Target: Sora
Atk: 13+6=19 (3 Hits! 3 Damage!)

Search Ghost
Target: Sora
Atk: 15+4=19 (3 Hits! 3 Damage!)
You take a step back. You might have to actually fight these guys... But...

"I'm thinking..." Riku coughs, interrupting himself. "... I'm thinking I like our odds against those flying things better."

"Yeah." You feel a sickness in your lungs that is just... horrible. It's wreaking havoc on you.

Everyone else seems to feel the same way, and you all turn and run for it.

Suddenly, Kairi stumbles in a coughing fit, and a Heartless leaps at her, scoring a swipe at her before you can pull her away - and as you pull her to her feet, you yourself take two hits to the back.

"Sora!" Kairi returns the favor, pulling you back up, and you continue your flight, coughing all the while.

Luckily, they don't seem to be following you...

"W-we have to find somewhere with cleaner air..." Goofy mutters.

You nod. Your shirt's sewed itself back up, already, but you can feel your back bleeding a little from the attack, and it stings against the cloth. Kairi's shoulder is scratched up as well.

(The entire party takes 1 damage from Poison. Find a safe haven to alleviate the Poison∞!)

Music:
Dark Cloud 2 - The Battle

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » April 22nd, 2015, 10:31 pm

Vision, hope we can find a safe haven.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 22nd, 2015, 10:36 pm

Yes.
Wraith5

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » April 22nd, 2015, 10:46 pm

Vision, now.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » April 22nd, 2015, 10:57 pm

Outta options here, Vision.
JAGwin

Return to “%s” Quests