KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 9th, 2015, 6:57 pm

switching to support plan Rigger.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Ristridin » November 9th, 2015, 10:31 pm

Switching my vote as well.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 9th, 2015, 10:53 pm

oog:
EDIT: oog: Um, James? Shouldn't Sora have leveled up after the last fight? The sheet says he has 2109 EXP...
What Rigger said. As you level up, the EXP costs go up as well.

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Round 1:
Spoiler: show
Sora: Command -> Mighty Guard
1 LP pulled from Kairi!
Sora, Riku, and Kairi have combined their DEF!
DEF:12+19+10

Riku: Command -> Roulette Blitz
Targets: BRAIN Soldier 4351-4, BRAIN Soldier 4351-5, BRAIN Soldier 4351-6
Atk 1: 15+5=20 (4 Hits, 4 8 Damage!)
Atk 2: 15+5=20 (4 Hits, 4 8 Damage!)
Atk 3: 15+2=17 (3 Hits, 3 6 Damage!)
DOUBLE DAMAGE!

Kairi: Command -> Break Time
Rolling... 8
Unlucky Break - Misfortune befalls the whole party, and they all lose 1 HP.

Pinkie Pie: Command -> Party Cannon
Rolling... "Oh, I'm so happy I could explode!"
Kairi received 1 LP.

Deadpool: Command -> THIS IS MY HYPER COMBO!
Rolling... "HAH Every day I'm sh-sh-shuffling!"
BRAIN Titan 2298: 81/?? HP, 1/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-1:8/? HP, 3/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-2:1/? HP, 8/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-3:1/? HP, 1/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-4:8/? HP, 1/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-5:8/? HP, 1/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-6:6/? HP, 1/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-7:8/? HP, 2/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-8:8/? HP, 8/? MP
HP AND MP SHUFFLED, EXCESS SHAVED OFF.

Swarm Ethics: 3d6=12. All BRAIN Soldiers may attack this turn.

BRAIN Soldier 4351-1 -> Attack -> Kairi
BRAIN Soldier 4351-2 -> Attack -> Riku
BRAIN Soldier 4351-3 -> Attack -> Sora
BRAIN Soldier 4351-4 -> Attack -> Riku
BRAIN Soldier 4351-5 -> Attack -> Riku
BRAIN Soldier 4351-6 -> Attack -> Sora
BRAIN Soldier 4351-7 -> Attack -> Kairi
BRAIN Soldier 4351-8 -> Attack -> Sora
ATK: BAHAHAHAHAHA
DEF: ?+?=8

BRAIN Titan 2298 -> Sonic Blade -> Sora
ATK: Ehhhh, not enough.
DEF:??+?=14
"Alright, defensive formation!" Kairi calls, and you and Riku move to her side. It's strange, sometimes at moments like these, you feel like just being together makes you stronger, in and of itself.

Deadpool suddenly moves into view as well. "Hey, can I join the team pose?"

"Uh, sure?" Kairi says.

"Sweet. Oh, by the way, screwed with their HP and MP."

"What?"

"See?" Pinkie points at the enemies. For the most part, they seem about the same, but some of them look... well, less than chipper for some reason.

The less tired-looking ones are the first to arrive, and Riku slices them to pieces.

"Cha-ching!" Deadpool says as Riku slashes. "Cha-ching! Cha-"

"Could you not?" Riku asks.

"Okay, I'm done. For now."

Pinkie giggles at this, and readies her cannon... which shoots a rainbow. "... EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE- oh wait, I don't have my own LP... Ah well. Hey, Kairi, have an LP! Not like I can use it anymore... stupid lazy GMs..."

"Ummm... thanks?" Kairi says as Pinkie blows a raspberry in no particular direction. "Alright! Charge!" You all three leap forward...

Only to slip on a bannana peel that you're sure wasn't there a second ago and bump into each other.
Deadpool snerks. "Our heroes, everyone."
"OWWW"
"They're still young." Mr. Dumbledore says. "They have plenty of time."
"OH SON OF A-"
"Yeah... well, assuming some dramatic character-defining cataclysm doesn't define the hell out of them."
"EEEOOUCH"
"Yeah, that would suck," Pinkie says.

Sora: 42/50 HP, 11/11 MP
Riku: 47/60 HP, 5/15 MP
Kairi: 36/45 HP, 18/27 MP

Dumbledore: 1/10 PG
Pinkie Pie: Rolling... 4/4 PG
Deadpool: Rolling... 2/6 PG
CLAYMORE: 0/3 PG

BRAIN Soldier 4351-1:?/? HP, ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-2:?/? HP(7 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-3:?/? HP(7 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-4:0/? HP (8 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-5:0/? HP (8 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-6:0/? HP (8 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-7:?/? HP, ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-8:?/? HP, ?/? MP
BRAIN Titan 2298: ??/?? HP, ?/? MP (7 MP Lost)

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music: Marvel vs Capcom 3 FTW: Deadpool's Theme

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Ristridin » November 9th, 2015, 11:59 pm

Current enemy digits:
Titan: ?? HP (less than 81)/ 1 MP (max 8 MP)

BRAIN Soldier 4351-1:8 HP, 1 MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-2:1 HP, 1 MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-3:1 HP, 1 MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-7:8 HP, 1 MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-8:8 HP, 1 MP

Making use of James' statement that these mooks only have 1 MP.

We also know the Titan Def is at most 13, so that's good.
That's eight times 1, three times 8, and two unknown digits. Using Hyper Combo, chances of shaving the Titan HP down to a number between 10 and 20 is at least 2/3*1/4 (one in six). Shame Deadpool is only at 2 PG...

In any case, let's get another two Party Cannons. What are the odds of getting Kairi a Limit Point twice in a row? And let's have Deadpool simply attack, using his PG.

Aside from that, I see several options...
1. We can start picking on some of the healthier mooks to ensure Deadpool's Hyper Combo remains as effective as possible;
2. We can take out the weaker mooks so we don't have to worry about their swarm Ethics (not that it's really relevant with our current Def, and we just got an extra LP to stay well-defended);
3. We can focus on the Titan, and leave the mooks up to Riku and Kairi. At some point, we'll have to start worrying that Deadpool will heal him up to full with Hyper Combo, but we should be fine for now.

I vote for option 4, all of the above. Let's run in the middle of those mooks and perform Back Off. We're pretty likely to hit all of them (only possible block is IF the Titan has 13 Def AND he rolls a 6 on his Def roll AND we roll a 1 on our Atk roll), taking care of two mooks, injuring the other three enough for them to be easy pickings for Deadpool/Riku/Kairi, and testing whether the Titan has some sort of Physical resistance. Even with our Def halved for the round, it seems we will still be pretty safe at the moment, with Kairi and Riku adding to our Defense. After that, we can probably focus all of our efforts on the Titan.
Ristridin

Unread postby JAGwin » November 10th, 2015, 2:26 am

oog: Invisitext:
Only to slip on a bannana peel that you're sure wasn't there a second ago and bump into each other.
Deadpool snerks. "Our heroes, everyone."
"OWWW"
"They're still young." Mr. Dumbledore says. "They have plenty of time."
"OH SON OF A-"
"Yeah... well, assuming some dramatic character-defining cataclysm doesn't define the hell out of them."
"EEEOOUCH"
"Yeah, that would suck," Pinkie says.
ig: I agree with Ristridin.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 10th, 2015, 9:38 am

Well, I would make a well thought out and in depth plan of action, but it seems Ristridin has already done that for me. Let's go with Plan Ristridin.
In any case, let's get another two Party Cannons. What are the odds of getting Kairi a Limit Point twice in a row? And let's have Deadpool simply attack, using his PG.
You realize you've cursed us. Pinkie will use Party Cannon twice and give Kairi two more LP, causing her to go into Super Limit, pushing her Lightbud Limit beyond its normal traumatizing self. Kairi will fully remember everything that happened to her, and in a fit of uncontrolled magic, will smash the invasion and simultaneously disappear, leaving us with only a whispered "I'm sorry", turning this thread into The Quest for Kairi.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 24th, 2015, 3:31 pm

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Round 2:
Sora: Context Command -> Back Off!
Target: All foes.
ATK:18+4=22
Soldiers take 4 Damage.
Titan takes 3 Damage.
DEF: 12+19+10+1

Riku: Command -> Shockbreaker
Target: BRAIN Soldier 4351-1
Thunder ATK: 15+4=19 (3 Damage)
Target: BRAIN Soldier 4351-7
Earth ATK: 15+6=21 (4 Damage)
DEF: 12+19+10+4

Kairi:
MAG:18+5
DEF: 12+19+10+2

Limit -> Lightbud
Limit Break -> Lightbloom
MAG: ??+?=??
Spell: Holyza Volley
5d3 Shots:
3 Damage to BRAIN Soldier 4351-1
6 Damage to BRAIN Soldier 4351-8
36 Damage to BRAIN Titan 2298
Limit -> Lightbud
Spell: Faith Aura
No Targets

Rolling... "HEHEHEHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And the target is... wait... Uh oh. Abort Abort abort Abort-"
Kairi has activated Lightbud.
Rolling... "Oh no oh no oh no oh no...!"
Target: BRAIN Titan 2298
Present: 20+5=25 (3 Damage)
Rolling... "RIGGERRRRRRRR! RISTRIDINNNNN!!!"
Kairi has activated Lightbloom, and activated Lightbud.

Deadpool: "... God damn, guys."
You launch into the fray alongside Riku, and a couple of swings knock the foes away, smashing some of them to bits.

"Party Cannon... FIRE!" Pinkie slams her hooves into her cannon... and suddenly a rainbow comes out... "SWEET!" ... and swerves towards Kairi. "Not so sweet. DODGE DODGE DODGE-"

"What-" is all Kairi has time to say before the rainbow engulfs her. At first, nothing happens. Then the light bursts from her chest. "Wh... a... no... no!" She clutches at her heart, as though trying to push the light back inside.

The cannon then sputters out a gift box, hitting the giant robot's face with it, before launching another rainbow which also turns towards Kairi.

Pinkie charges, trying to catch the rainbow, but it is just a little too fast. "Oh no."

"Kairi!" You call out, as the light suddenly overflows, and countless sparks of it fire off at the enemies. You rush for her.

"I... I..." Kairi falls to her knees. "... So... Sora..."

You reach her, and the light engulfs you both.

Sora: 42/50 HP, 11/11 MP
Kairi: 36/45 HP, 18/27 MP

Dumbledore: 1/10 PG
Pinkie Pie: Rolling... 4/4 PG
Deadpool: Rolling... 2/6 PG
CLAYMORE: 0/3 PG

BRAIN Soldier 4351-1:?/? HP(10 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-2:?/? HP(11 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-3:?/? HP(11 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-4:0/? HP (8 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-5:0/? HP (8 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-6:0/? HP (8 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-7:?/? HP(8 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Soldier 4351-8:?/? HP(4 Damage), ?/? MP
BRAIN Titan 2298: ??/?? HP(42 Damage), ?/? MP (7 MP Lost)

The Party received 46 EXP! Kairi obtained an extra 11 EXP!
Sora Leveled Up! Pick one of ATK, DEF, and MAG to boost.
Riku Leveled Up! Riku boosted his DEF to 7.

---------------Control has switched to Riku. Riku's Darkness has deepened.-------------

The light fades, and your two closest friends lay there, unmoving. A glowing light still emits from Kairi's chest.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry-" Pinkie babbles. "I-I didn't-"

"WHAT DID YOU DO!?" She flinches back at that as you run towards Sora and Kairi, and you slide to your knees and start shaking them. They don't respond, and worse still, that light won't let you touch Kairi. "Come on, you idiots. Wake up. Wake up, damnit!"

"... They will not wake. Not here." A deep voice interrupts your attempts to wake your friends.
Pinkie sits where she was, her eyes wide and full of tears. "But... but I... I didn't mean to..."
You turn to see a man in a black coat... You've heard of these guys before. Sora's seen them around... one gave him the data that unlocked an Ansem Report... another targeted a future version of Kairi... and yet another was supposedly you from the future.

No. None of that matters right now. He seems to know something that you desperately need to know. "What the hell does that mean!?"

"The girl's heart is in a deep slumber, and she has instinctively pulled the other Keybearer's heart into her own. It will be difficult for him to return, and if there is to be a chance, she must wake."
Pinkie's poofy hair suddenly deflates, and falls around her in straight bangs, half-covering her face.
You look into Sora's eyes again - they're half closed, and dulling, the light fading from them until there's almost nothing left.

"Shut up! Unless you've got a way to fix this, then you can shove off!"

"... It is in their best interest that their bodies find a safe haven." The man steps forward, only to stop when he hears a click of a gun being readied.
"I... it wasn't my fault... was it? The Party Cannon's effects are random... its targets, too... right?
"I wouldn't do that, Mr. Mysterious. Who are you supposed to be, anyway?" Deadpool asks.

"I am what's left. Or perhaps... I'm all there ever really was."

"You know, I should have expected that from some guy trying to be all mysterious. Way to be vague, pal. Good on you."

"However," Dumbledore interjects. "We were hoping for a name, at least, not a riddle."
Pinkie slumps and lays on the ground.
"I am... unworthy to be named. I am just the first of many. But if you must use a name, then perhaps... Xemnas... would suffice." He removes his hood, revealing a man in his 30s, with long, spiky silver hair and orange eyes. "Me and my... Organization... have come to aid the Keybearers in their battle against the Heartless, however we can." He drops to one knee, kneeling his head.

He looks... familiar, somehow. It's strange, but it makes it hard to distrust the man.

"Riku. I implore you - permit us to do what we can."

Music: Marvel vs Capcom 3 FTW: Deadpool's Theme
KH Birth By Sleep - The Key
KH 2.5 - Organization XIII

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 24th, 2015, 4:59 pm

This guy showed up at an awfully convenient time. Exactly when Sora and Kairi are at their most vulnerable, he pops up. The hell was this guy before then, when the town needed the help? Also based on what we know about these kinds of encounters, at least one of the people involved didn't have our friend's interests in mind, and the other was at least fishy, seeing as there was things on that drive other than what he said, if Laguna is to be believed. And deadpool's right, all the vague stuff is fishy as hell.

"If you're really interested in helping, fine. Help clear the invaders. We'll get them to the bunker."

If he trys to object, cut him off. We don't have time for this shit.

"NO! You're the one being all vague and sidestepping questions! You say you want to help but you don't give a straight answer! You don't even give us a real name! I don't know you and I don't know what you want, no matter what you say. You wouldn't be the first one wearing one of those coats to try and trick one of us! So either help stop the invasion and stay away from my friends, or go take a long walk off a short pier!"

Grab Sora, and one of the others will need to get Kairi since we can't pick her up. Get to the bunker.
Last edited by gamebrain89 on November 24th, 2015, 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Wraith5 » November 24th, 2015, 5:41 pm

I'm with the Game plan.
... :ouch___it_hurts:
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby Ristridin » November 24th, 2015, 8:21 pm

I. Regret. Nothing. Seriously, what the heck? One in 225.

Invisitext... I don't know about the mechanics of hitting a BSOD, heartless, nobodies, etc., but Pinkie is probably at risk of something now. And Riku is probably not going to give her emotional support. Just a guess.

Sora stat point: I vote Atk, though I could be persuaded to switch to Mag. Mag doesn't seem too useful right now, especially with our low MP.

I'm with plan game. Guess we won't be befriending Xemnas either, just like we drove off young Xehanort when all he wanted to do was to become our friend.
Ristridin

Unread postby bookworm702 » November 24th, 2015, 8:40 pm

Attack seems like the right choice. No huge issue with remaining prickly. This guy's acting weird. If he wants to help, he can start explaining things.
bookworm702

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 24th, 2015, 9:00 pm

Going with Plan Game.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 24th, 2015, 9:23 pm

throwing my support behind the Game Plan.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby RagnorakTres » November 24th, 2015, 9:43 pm

For the level up, I would vote Magic or Defense before Attack, if only because we need to shore up our weak points. I'm going to vote for Magic, but if my vote will change the choice to Defense I'll swap over.

I think Game has come up with a better plan than I could, and I agree with the in-character logic chain. Maybe if Xemnas were being more immediately forthcoming and not just...showing up out of nowhere. If he wants our trust, he needs to explain why he's HERE, why NOW, and why HIM. Canon!Riku is more interested in hows than whys, but there's been a lot of crisis-bonding with Sora and Kairi going on, and they're both in trouble, so showing up all suspicious needs some believable explanation before any trust is extended.
Like XCOM, but finding vanilla too easy or too short? Try XCOM: Long War for a whole new experience.
XCOM: War Within 101: Bounding is not a suggestion. Neither is cover. You will make mistakes, and these mistakes will cost you men; this is a war, and war is hell.

Maxim 6: If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Maxim 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
Maxim 47: Don't expect the enemy to cooperate in the creation of your dream engagement.
RagnorakTres

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 24th, 2015, 10:16 pm

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You snarl at the man, letting out your first thought. "Well, way to be convenient! Where the hell were you before now?"
Besides the distracted Pinkie and the calm Xemnas, everyone flinches back a little. Mr. Dumbledore looks a bit concerned.
"Cutting through the reinforcements on their way here." Xemnas nods over towards 2nd District. "They would have been upon you minutes ago otherwise." The man takes a look skywards. "My companions are most likely the only reason we're not being overrun now."

"... Well, fantastic. If you really want to help... then go help clear the invaders. I'll get my friends to the Bunker."

The man simply nods. "If you have need of us, look for our coat."

You give him a glare as you pick up Sora. "I think I've had enough of your help."

"Riku..." Dumbledore says suddenly. "Your body..."

You chance a look at the nearby window, and in your reflection you can see darkness coming off of you erratically.

"You may want to watch how much of your heart you open to Darkness," Xemnas supplies. "It is most likely why you cannot touch the girl. The deeper you mire yourself in hate and rage, the darker still your heart will stain itself - and the closer you become to losing your heart, and perhaps becoming like me."

You pause. That's right. Sora told you... about the future you. The one in the black coat. For an instant, you doubt yourself.

But the instant passes, and you decide not to dignify that with a response. "I'm going to need someone to carry Kairi."

Deadpool walks up. "I got it." He grabs at Kairi, only to recoil with burned hands. "Holy crap she's like the Holy Grail or something. I don't got it."

Dumbledore frowns. "I cannot leave my post here - I have to rebuild these wards... Pinkie?"

The pony looks up slowly.

"It seems this is up to you."

"... Yeah." She mutters, trudging over and hefting Kairi up onto her back. "I got her." She's avoiding your gaze.

You frown, and continue onward.

"... Keybearer," the black-coat calls.

"What now?" You growl warningly.

"... I apologize if I have wronged you," Xemnas says. "... Our Organization is made up entirely of those who have lost their hearts to darkness. We are but empty shells, only seeking what has been stolen from us. But because of that loss, many of us find it hard to fully understand those who have hearts of their own - the closest we can do is try and imitate who we were before. Please understand. You, as Keybearers, are our only chance of being restored - it was never my intention to wrong you or yours."

"... Hmph." You continue walking with Sora over your shoulder.

As you leave, Xemnas turns to talk with Deadpool and Dumbledore about the situation in First District.

The trip back to Tenth District is relatively uneventful - you for the most part flee past any foes, thankfully helped by the defenders (who are indeed being helped by men in black coats).

Pinkie is completely silent. You're not entirely sure when her hairstyle changed, but... it doesn't look too good on her.

Serves her right.

"Run, run for your lives!"

At Sixth District, you see four human-shaped Turtles running for the Bunker, followed by another Black Cloak.

"Man, did they send the wrong Nobody for this job..." The cloak mutters as he turns around, strumming his musical instrument. "Ah well..." Several bursts of water slam into the strange floating monsters giving chase. The monsters are knocked back... but otherwise unharmed. "Yep. Wrong Nobody for the job..." Then he notices you as he keeps trying to push the monsters back. "Wait. I thought Number One was meeting up with you guys."

His voice is really grating.

"... Wait, if you're here... then..." He suddenly runs up and starts pushing both of you, alternating between the two of you. "You guys need to get out of here, it's totally not safe-"

"Get. Off." You growl.

He immediately jumps back. "Ohp. Personal boundaries. Totally forgot. My bad. Just... hurry and get out of here. These things are bad-"

One of them latches onto the black coat.

"EYYOOOWWWWCHHHH!" The guy starts running around. "Owowowowow-" He strums his guitar again, and blasts the thing off of him with more water. "Ow... Hey. Keybearer guy. Horse thing. Unconscious dudes. What are you doing just strolling there? Run, run away!!"

Battle So Far:

Pinkie/Kairi: 10/10 HP
Sora: 10/10 HP

Number Nine: 4/13 PG

Metroid BRAIN 1:??/?? HP, ?/? MP
Metroid BRAIN 2:??/?? HP, ?/? MP
Metroid BRAIN 3:??/?? HP, ?/? MP

Music:
KH 2.5 - Organization XIII

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 25th, 2015, 7:59 am

Sticking around for the fight is just going to expose Sora and Kairi, and allow for reinforcements to show up and make the fight even harder. Get Number Nine to cover our escape with Water Clones and run for the Bunker. We can't afford for our friends to get hurt. And Pinkie, I suppose.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » November 25th, 2015, 10:23 am

oog: Invisitext:
"... They will not wake. Not here." A deep voice interrupts your attempts to wake your friends.
Pinkie sits where she was, her eyes wide and full of tears. "But... but I... I didn't mean to..."

"The girl's heart is in a deep slumber, and she has instinctively pulled the other Keybearer's heart into her own. It will be difficult for him to return, and if there is to be a chance, she must wake."
Pinkie's poofy hair suddenly deflates, and falls around her in straight bangs, half-covering her face.

"... It is in their best interest that their bodies find a safe haven." The man steps forward, only to stop when he hears a click of a gun being readied.
"I... it wasn't my fault... was it? The Party Cannon's effects are random... its targets, too... right?

"However," Dumbledore interjects. "We were hoping for a name, at least, not a riddle."
Pinkie slumps and lays on the ground.

You snarl at the man, letting out your first thought. "Well, way to be convenient! Where the hell were you before now?"
Besides the distracted Pinkie and the calm Xemnas, everyone flinches back a little. Mr. Dumbledore looks a bit concerned.

"... Yeah." She mutters, trudging over and hefting Kairi up onto her back. "I got her." She's avoiding your gaze.
ig: I agree with Rigger.

oog:
Rolling... "HEHEHEHOHOHOHOHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA And the target is... wait... Uh oh. Abort Abort abort Abort-"
Kairi has activated Lightbud.
Rolling... "Oh no oh no oh no oh no...!"
Target: BRAIN Titan 2298
Present: 20+5=25 (3 Damage)
Rolling... "RIGGERRRRRRRR! RISTRIDINNNNN!!!"

Deadpool: "... God damn, guys."
:animlol: This is what we get for Tempting Fate!

EDIT: If the point we got from our Level Up hasn't been assigned yet, I'm voting that we up our Defense.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 25th, 2015, 4:47 pm

Completely forgot about the Level Up point. I do think we should go with either Defense or Magic. Defense is more immediately applicable, but Magic is more of a long term investment. Right now, another Point of Magic isn't going to give us a guaranteed rank up on any spells, nor will it get us to a possible rank up if we roll well enough. However, if we just base our choices off what will make the difference right this second, we may be shooting ourselves in the foot later on down the road. Additionally, after the current arc is over, JamestheFox is moving to the Kingdom Hearts Tabletop rules, which is going to alter some things. Notably, having a high Defense will no longer allow you to no sell attacks, they're going to do at least 1 HP damage (alas, we shall miss you, untouchable Sfumato Riku).

To this end, I recommend putting the point in Magic.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Ristridin » November 29th, 2015, 10:59 pm

I'm fine with plan Rigger.
Ristridin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 29th, 2015, 11:02 pm

Plan Rigger works for me. Also backing the magic point allocation.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby RagnorakTres » November 29th, 2015, 11:41 pm

Rig's got the right idea, methinks. Make like Sir Robin!
Like XCOM, but finding vanilla too easy or too short? Try XCOM: Long War for a whole new experience.
XCOM: War Within 101: Bounding is not a suggestion. Neither is cover. You will make mistakes, and these mistakes will cost you men; this is a war, and war is hell.

Maxim 6: If violence wasn’t your last resort, you failed to resort to enough of it.
Maxim 17: The longer everything goes according to plan, the bigger the impending disaster.
Maxim 47: Don't expect the enemy to cooperate in the creation of your dream engagement.
RagnorakTres

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 8th, 2015, 1:31 pm

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"... Right." You start running. "Come on!"

Pinkie trails a bit behind you, doing her best to keep Kairi on her back, but is keeping as good a pace as she can.

"Dance, water, dance!" You hear the crash of water. "HA! LIKE IT!? ... Uh oh. OW OW OW GET OFF OW-"
Was it... really okay to just leave him like that?
You push forward, finding more conventional enemies ahead. You manage to push through them, though you take a few scratches in the process (5 HP Damage), and make it to Ninth District.

"... Riku? Pinkie?" Rinoa calls out. "Thank goodness you made it! Mr. Dumbledore called ahead - go, go! We'll cover you!"

You give her a curt nod, and rush through the hordes as Rinoa and Squall hold them off.

You eventually push into the Bunker at Tenth, and you are ushered to the hospital. Dr. Haruno, Serah, and Light are treating a number of injured fighters, and the turtles from before are recuperating, reporting to Laguna that Fourth District has fallen into enemy hands. Those creatures you saw before are flooding the area, and proving nigh-invulnerable.

Serah looks up from the swordsman she's treating and sees you enter. "Riku...?"

You carefully lay Sora down on an empty patch of floor - one of the few currently unoccupied. Pinkie slips Kairi down next to him.

"What on earth happened?" Serah asked.

The words grind out before you have time to think. "Pinkie did something, and Kairi got that." You point at her chest, where the light continues to flow outwards. "Sora tired to help her... but now he's out, too, and I'm goddamned useless to help them, I can't even touch Kairi or else I'd have taken them both myself and-"
Pinkie flinches at your accusation. But who cares? It's true, right?
Serah grabs you by the shoulder. "... It's okay. We'll figure out what's wrong with them, and they'll be right as rain. Let's get you checked out, first -"

"No!" You half-shout, drawing the attention of most of the people in the room. That... came out harsher than you had wanted it to. "... Sorry. But I'm fine. They're the ones who need help-" She whaps you on the head with a free hand.

"You're hurting too, dummy! I'll let Dr. Haruno know what's happened, so she can get to them, and I'll patch you up. Okay?"

"... Fine."

You begrudgingly let her sit you down, and as you watch her talk with Dr. Haruno, Light comes up to you, and starts checking you over, noting various injuries. "... I thought you knew your life was important, too. You've got some pretty nasty cuts, here."

"It's nothing. I can still fight," you say.

"Really?" She wraps a bandage around one of the wounds you took, tightening it. You grimace.

"Ow! Hey, that's a bit tight-"

"Then you'll remember that you screwed up." She tightens it a bit more. "Also, don't you raise your voice at my sister like that again. She was only trying to help."
Out of the corner of your eye, an injured Rarity trots up to Pinkie, and starts taking care of her. The two are talking.
"... Yeah. I know... I'm just... on edge. I almost lost Sora out there earlier... and now all this is happening..." You look at them. "Damn those sleepyheads. I'm so sick of all these 'heart problems.' Heartless, losing hearts, glowing hearts, hearts of worlds, hearts hearts hearts..." You look at your sword hand. "I wish I could just go in there and fix whatever's wrong with them... you know?"

"I get it. But this is the real world. That sort of thing is just impossible."

"... Yeah."

"Light, I'll take it from here," Serah says as she walks up. Light sighs.

"Alright. Behave, you two."

"Dr. Haruno has a few other patients she needs to handle, but she's on her way," Serah says as she kneels down next to you and starts taking care of your injuries. "... It's going to be okay. You know that, right?"

(Riku, Kairi, and Sora's HP is set to full)

(Donald and Goofy have completed their Mission, recieved 40 EXP each...
Donald Leveled Up! He gained 1 ATK!
... and fully upgraded the CLAYMORE system...!?!?!)

Traverse Town Missions, Day 49:
Rescue Fourth District: "Be advised, a new enemy type has appeared. It's proving extremely dangerous - engage with caution." "... Receiving Enemy Image... What. I thought I killed all of these! ... Alright. Samus Aran to all fighters. Everyone without freezing powers, do not engage those enemies. Leave them to me."
Support Ninth District: "The CLAYMOREs are suddenly fully activated? Whew! Looks like Merlin's pulled through for us again. That takes a load off our backs."
Secure Eighth District: "The civilians have been escorted out. Time to take this fight to them!"
Support Joshua's Club: "Hm. This might actually be a problem." "HOW CAN YOU BE SO CALM, DUDE!?" "It's really quite simple. After all, I didn't come this far just to see my friends die again."
Support Fountain Plaza: "Donald Duck to Tenth! We've finished upgrading the CLAYMORE..." "Uh... Donald?" "Yeah?" "Take a look at that." "... ACK!" "That's... a problem."
Retreat: Sora and Kairi are out of commission... I can't keep fighting like this on my own. I have to stay here and recuperate...

Music:
Riku's Theme

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
JamestheFox

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 8th, 2015, 4:05 pm

*Take a deep breath, clenching fists, exhale sharply.*

"I want to believe that but it sure doesn't feel that way. If it was just them being hurt, I could handle that. I'd just smack down whatever or whoever was hurting them, they'd get patched up and we'd keep going. But this. I don't even know what this is! That on top of all the crap with the black coat guys and I just... I don't know what to do. I'm supposed to protect them. But I feel helpless and I HATE that feeling. I just want to beat the crap out of whatever is causing this but I can't do that because there's nothing to do it to!"
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Ristridin » December 8th, 2015, 7:33 pm

OOC: Riku lost some hero points right there. Still, he doesn't have Ice attacks, so not much we could have done probably.

IC: If it's just Riku, he can't really help with the Metroids. And between helping Donald and Joshua... I choose Donald. No other team mate is getting hurt on our watch. We cannot fail again. Support Fountain Plaza.
Ristridin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 8th, 2015, 8:00 pm

"You're right. It's going to be okay... because I'm going to make it okay. That Xemnas guy said Kairi's Heart was sleeping, and she pulled in Sora's Heart too, so that's why he won't wake up. It... I've been to a Sleeping World. I wonder if that's kinda the same? Their bodies might be asleep, but if I know Sora, he's still fighting to fix this inside there. I just wish there was some way for me to go in there too..."

*hears Donald squawking over the radio*

"Serah, it sounds like Donald and Goofy are in trouble. I need you to stay here and make sure that nothing happens to Sora and Kairi."

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Quests