KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby JAGwin » December 8th, 2015, 9:17 pm

oog: Invisitext:
Spoiler: show
"Dance, water, dance!" You hear the crash of water. "HA! LIKE IT!? ... Uh oh. OW OW OW GET OFF OW-"
Was it... really okay to just leave him like that?

The words grind out before you have time to think. "Pinkie did something, and Kairi got that." You point at her chest, where the light continues to flow outwards. "Sora tired to help her... but now he's out, too, and I'm goddamned useless to help them, I can't even touch Kairi or else I'd have taken them both myself and-"
Pinkie flinches at your accusation. But who cares? It's true, right?

"Then you'll remember that you screwed up." She tightens it a bit more. "Also, don't you raise your voice at my sister like that again. She was only trying to help."
Out of the corner of your eye, an injured Rarity trots up to Pinkie, and starts taking care of her. The two are talking.
ig: I have no idea what to say to Serah, but, while I'd like to help Joshua and co., I'm voting to support the Plaza.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 9th, 2015, 1:03 am

Putting my vote behind supporting Donald and Goofy. And vote using both Rigger and Game's speeches integrated together.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 20th, 2015, 1:48 pm

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"... I want to believe that. But it just..." You can't quite meet her eyes. "If it was just them getting hurt, I could handle it. Just smash the one who did it, get them patched up, and boom. Done." You shake your head. "But I don't get any of this. That guy in the black cloak said something about their hearts being asleep, but I don't know what that means, exactly. What am I supposed to do?"

You look at them. They still haven't woken up yet. Why do they always have to put themselves in these kinds of messes!? Why'd they have to go where you can't follow?

"I'm supposed to protect them. It's what I do. It's what I've always done. But now... Now I can't do anything but wait, and I hate that. I just want to beat the crap out of whatever caused this, but I can't because there's nothing to beat the crap out of-"

Serah puts a hand on your shoulder, and gives you a smile. "It's alright. I know that feeling. Light's always out there, training, helping others, doing jobs, and for a long time, I was cooped up in some little room, wondering, waiting, hoping that nothing bad happens to her." She looks thoughtful for a moment. "Even now, I have all this power, but I can't use it to help the people I really want to help. It's frustrating, huh?"

"... Yeah, it is..."

Suddenly, your communicator buzzes, and you hear a familiar voice.

"Donald Duck to Tenth! We've finished upgrading the CLAYMORE..." You hear a loud thump, and someone (probably Goofy) talking to Donald. "Yeah, what is it... Ack!"

You hear the Master Chief come in. "That's a problem. We've got a Heartless on the battlefield. A big one."

You frown. "... Am I clear to go?"

"Uhm... just a second." Serah finishes bandaging you up. "Go smash something up."

You nod, getting up. "Take care of them for me, alright?"

"Yep."

You head on out.

Along the way, you manage to avoid most of the fighting, though you're forced to get through a couple scrapes (3 Damage) as you make for the Fountain Plaza.

"Riku!" Donald calls, as a giant purple Heartless, made of several floating parts, stands before the Mayor's House, looming over both Traverse Town's defenders and the invaders. You think you've seen this one before... that's right! This is the one that Sora fought to get to the Keyhole here, so long ago!

"Where's Sora and Kairi?" Goofy asks.

"... It's a long story," you reply. "They're... at the Bunker right now."

A Black Coat is already on the scene, using a giant, heavy weapon to do battle with the enemies. "..."

Battle So Far:
Riku: 62/65 HP, 5/15 MP
Donald: 20/30 HP, 23/23 MP
Goofy: 45/70 HP, 4/4 MP

Master Chief: 0/5 PG
Number Five: 5/13 PG
CLAYMORE (Normal): 1/5 PG

Armored Torso: 32/32 HP, 11/11 MP
Guantlets: 17/17 HP, 1/1 MP
Hammerlegs: 17/17 HP, 1/1 MP

BRAIN Bioblade 4341-1: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-2: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-3: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-4: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-5: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP

BRAIN Reinforcements Inbound: 3 Turns

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
Riku's Theme
Shrouding Dark Cloud

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby JAGwin » December 20th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Have N5 use Charge, and... can we chain Shockbreaker and Dark Break? If so, do it, targeting the Gauntlets, Hammerlegs and Armored Torso in that order (any spare attacks being used on the Gauntlets). Otherwise, Duskblade on the Gauntlets and Hammerlegs.

EDIT: And make sure to equip Riku's Keyblade (can't remember the name right now).
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 20th, 2015, 3:44 pm

Before we do anything, we need to make sure we're using Riku's Keyblade instead of the Power Sword. Heartless are on the board, and we're the only one who can make sure they stay down.

Ayer's Rock is really attractive, and Charge does appear to be the best way to get to it, but I think the better opening move for Number Five is to drop a Quake. That should put serious hurt on the minions and the Hammerlegs, as well as Guard Breaking them for a turn. After that, we can open up on the Hammerlegs ourself, hopefully doing enough damage to drop them before we get caught by one of those coordinated three man attacks that this thing used on Sora.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Ristridin » December 20th, 2015, 8:14 pm

oog:
Armored Torso
Att: +7
Def: [+10,+14]
Mag: [+10,+15]
32 hp
11 mp

Commands: Tornado Spin: Spin around quickly, striking all nearby enemies with the same Attack Roll. Wind-Element.
Unison Rush: You and two allies combine powers, rushing at the enemy. Combine your ATK Stats when making each of your Attack Rolls. You cannot Chain a command or spell with this, and your allies cannot use their commands or spells this turn. Drains 1 LP from either you or one of the participants.
Body Crash: Crush the foe with your body. Inflicts Daze2 if it hits.

Spells: Dark Pillar

Gauntlets
Att: [+12,+17] (inferred from Unison Attack; Gauntlet + Hammerleg Att is 27)
Mag: [+14,+19]
Def: [+6,+8]
hp 17
MP 1

Spells: Dark Sword

Hammerlegs
Att: [+10,+15]
Def: [+12,+15]
hp 17
mp 1
Everything we had on this Heartless, including the new info from the Scouter. May be incorrect of course. This time, we don't have Sora's Vision to help us with the Unison Rush, so, we want to take out at least one of those pieces as soon as possible. The Gauntlets should have the worst Def.

Also, we want to tag them with our keyblade before someone takes them out.

ig: Plan Charge takes 1 or 2 rounds of charging (depending on whether we roll 4 or higher), then obliterates pretty much everything. The Armored Torso survives; Gauntlets and Hammerlegs might have a few HP left, provided we don't damage them beforehand. Plan Quake does a few damage on all the minions, but doesn't take them out of the fight. We would need to recharge for another round, then use it again. Guard Break is nice, but we don't have an attack that targets everyone (well, Donald has one, but that one doesn't really depend on the enemy Def, as long as we can hit them).

The optimal move would probably be for Donald to cast Blizzard Volleyga; that should take the minions out of the fight with Freeze, and buy us the time to work on the Heartless.

I vote for plan JAG, using a keyblade to tag our enemies of course.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » January 12th, 2016, 6:22 pm

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night
Riku: Command Chain > Shockbreaker + Dark Break = Shadowstorm > Gauntlets.
Dive at the foe with powerful darkness, thunder and stone following your steps. If the first blow hits, flip a Coin. If heads, deal another blow. Repeat 11 times for a maximum of 13 hits. Inflicts Blind3. Dark Aligned, and deals Lightning and Earth Damage if they boost damage done. Deals damage based on Magic Stat, and each additional blow hits enemies near the target, ignoring DEF.
MAG1: 10+4+2=16
Coin:Heads
Coin2:Tails
Coin3:Heads
Coin4:Tails
Coin5:Tails
Coin6:Heads
Coin7:Heads
Coin8:Tails
Coin9:Heads
Coin10:Tails
Coin11:Tails
Coin12:Tails
3+5 Hits! 8 Damage to Gauntlets. 10 damage (5 hits, Earth Weakness) to Hammerlegs. 2 Damage (5 Hits, Magic Resistance) to Armored Torso.
DEF:19+1=20

Donald: Magic > Protect Status
MAG: 19+4=23
Protectra > Magic Booster > Protectga > Goofy
Goofy now has the Protect3 Status!
DEF: 12+1=13

Goofy: Command > Taunt > Armored Torso
The Armored Torso is Taunted for the next 2 turns.
DEF:19+1=20
Number 5: Charge
3+2 PG gained!

Armored Torso is Glowing Dangerously...

Gauntlets: Command > Temper Tantrum
Coin Flip: Tails
Gauntlets' DEF is halved!
ATK1 vs Riku:14+4=18 (Miss)
ATK2 vs Goofy:14+5=19 (Miss)
ATK3 vs Donald:14+3=17 (1 Damage)
DEF:7/2+4=7

Hammerlegs: Command > Stomp Flat > Riku
Coins: Tails, Heads
ATK: 14+6=20
DEF: 14+6=20

BRAIN Bioblades' Swarm Ethics: 3d6=9. All Bioblades may attack.

BRAIN Bioblade 4341-1: Command > Ars Solo > Riku
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-2: Command > Quick Blitz > Donald
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-3: Command > Ars Solo > Goofy
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-4: Command > Sliding Dash > Goofy
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-5: Command > Quick Blitz > Riku

ATK: 11+6(+1 for all Quick Blitz users)=17
0 Damage to Riku
2 Damage to Donald
1 Damage to Goofy
The Heartless charges forward, its hands swiping angrily at anyone nearby. Goofy blocks an attack, but Donald takes a scratch. However... You can tell the swipes have left the arms wide open.

You wreath yourself in darkness, leaping into the air. With a mighty roar you choose your target. You feel yourself become heavy with darkness, and use that to speed your descent. "HHHRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...!" You land on one of the hands, before leaping up again - this time, dark lightning and dust surround you, and your attack bursts outward. You dive again and again. The hands manage to evade some of your attacks, but you still manage to land several blows. As you land the last darkness-fueled strike, you leap away, dodging the enemy's angry swipes at you. The central part of the Heartless glows ominously.

Below you, the strange creatures are also attacking. Goofy seems to be fending them off, but Donald's having a harder time of it. You watch as Donald finishes up a spell, creating a protective barrier around Goofy, who shares a look with Donald as the giant Heartless looms before them. Goofy forms a confident stance, drawing the attention of the glowing body of the giant Heartless.

Battle So Far:
Riku: 62/65 HP, 5/15 MP
Donald: 17/30 HP, 15/23 MP
Goofy: 45/70 HP, 4/4 MP

Number Five: 11/13 PG

Armored Torso: 30/32 HP, 11/11 MP
Guantlets: 9/17 HP, 1/1 MP
Hammerlegs: 7/17 HP, 1/1 MP

BRAIN Reinforcements Inbound: 2 Turns

Music:
Shrouding Dark Cloud

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Last edited by JamestheFox on January 13th, 2016, 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 12th, 2016, 7:32 pm

Let's give Quick Blitz + Roulette Blitz a try, and try to take out the Hammerlegs. And after that, we'll be out of offensive Commands, so we could either stick to regular attacks (possibly okay, depending on how many are left), or use a Tropicharge to restore all our Commands.

While most of it's going to be wasted, Number Five should probably Charge again to get to 13 PG so he can use Ayers Rock.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Ristridin » January 12th, 2016, 7:57 pm

I'm with plan Rigger.
Armored Torso is Glowing Dangerously...
Goofy is going to be hit pretty badly probably, but he'll live. I hope he doesn't forget to Cover Donald, but since they exchanged looks, I assume he has that part covered.

Edit: We are going to need to all hit Hammerlegs to take them out. Can we yell at Donald to attack that one? A Thunderja drop would take out 4 out of its 7 hitpoints, and we kind of need that damage if we are to take it out before the Unison Attack.

Also, let's have the Claymore strike Hammerlegs. Any additional point of damage helps, and it's not as if we need those extra d6 for now.

By the way, I kind of feel that it would probably be a little easier to take down the Gauntlets rather than Hammerlegs. The 7 Def difference means that we probably hit it twice more per attack (technically, we have an expectation of 1 + 3/4 additional blows per attack), so after two attacks (or one doubled by Roulette Blitz), we would have made up for the 3 point difference in HP.
Ristridin

Unread postby JAGwin » January 13th, 2016, 2:18 am

oog: What happened to Riku's bonus to Dark attacks?

ig: Cover Donald if Goofy doesn't. If he does, I'm with Rigger.

EDIT: oog: Also, James, I think you forgot to flip a coin.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 10th, 2016, 7:53 pm

oog: Last post, I made a typing error in saying that Hammerlegs has an Earth weakness. He doesn't. He has a Lightning weakness, though. So the attack used still provoked a weakness.

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Round 2
Riku: Command Chain -> Roulette Blitz + Quick Blitz > Lucky Blitz > Hammerlegs, Hammerlegs, ???????
Lucky Blitz: Make three Attack Rolls this turn. If none of the rolls are within +/- 1 point of each other (For example, a roll of 1,3, and 5), cut the damage your Attacks do in half (minimum of 1, unless you missed). If two rolls are within +/- 1 point of each other (such as a roll of 1, 2, and 5), double the damage your attacks do. If all three rolls are within +/- 1 point of each other (such as 1,2,3 or 1,1,2), the rolls are all treated as being 6, and your attacks automatically hit at least once, doing triple damage. If all three rolls are equal, instead select a single foe you are targeting. The foe suffers Instant KO if possible, or loses half their HP if they cannot be Instant KOed.
ATK1: 16+5=21
ATK2: 16+4=20
ATK3: 16+2=18
4*2=8 Damage to the Hammerlegs!
DEF:19+5=24
You speed forward, and land several somersaulting slashes on the feet of the giant Heartless, ending with an upward blow that sends both flying. They both hit the ground, unmoving... And then all the other parts freeze, fly to their counterpart, and slam into the ground. The impact forms a crater... and darkness bursts outwards.

"Uhh... What's going on...?" Donald asks.

"I think its getting ready for round two," Goofy replies.

All of the pieces start to rise again, cracks all over them as they float above the battlefield. The body flips, its lower half now pointing straight up, as the legs suddenly clamp, like a crab's claws, and take their place at the giant's new shoulders. The hands scratch the surface of the ground as they float below. The whole thing twitches erratically as the helmet reasserts itself as the top piece of the Heartless. The visor opens, and the armor shatters, leaving only deep, uncompromising darkness in the rough shape of the former suit of armor.

It screams, and you feel your darkness resound with the cries. "What the hell..."

Donald checks the Scouter. "It's gotten much, much stronger..."

"How did it hide so much power? What even... Warning! Class 4 Heartless in the Fountain Plaza! All combatants, evacuate immediately!" Cortana shouts. "Chief, get out of there!"

Round 2 Continued
Riku: Lucky Blitz > Fell Pincers
1*2=2 Damage to the Fell Pincers!

The Shadow Bulwark's outer armor - and restraints - have crumbled!
The Shadow Bulwark's pieces will be at full power next Round!
Due to damage in its disguised state, the Fell Pincers can't hit max power!

Donald: Spell > Thunder Drop
MAG: 19+5=24
Thundaga Drop > Magic Booster > Thundaja Drop > Fell Pincer
4+1 (Weakness)=5 Damage!
DEF: 12+6=20

Goofy: Command > Cover > Donald
The Shadow Cuirass is Taunted towards Goofy for the next 1 turns.
DEF:19+2=21

3+3 PG gained!

CLAYMORE: CLAYMORE Strike > Fell Pincers
ATK: (15+3)+6=24 (3 Hits, 3 Damage)

Shadow Cuirass: Unison Rush > Riku Goofy
ATK:14+14+7+2=37 (4 Hits, 4 Damage, divided by 2.)
DEF: 14+4=18

Slashing Toes: Attack > Donald Goofy
ATK:14+14+7+2=37 (4 Hits, 4 Damage, divided by 2.)
DEF:7+4=11

Fell Pincers: Attack > Riku
ATK: 14+14+7+2=37 (4 Hits, 4 Damage)
DEF: 14+1=15
Riku's Counter Kick: 16+2+4=22 (2 Damage)

BRAIN Bioblades' Swarm Ethics: 3d6=9. All Bioblades may attack.

BRAIN Bioblade 4341-1: Command > Quick Blitz > Donald Goofy
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-2: Command > Sliding Dash > Donald Goofy
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-3: Command > Sliding Dash > Goofy
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-4: Command > Quick Blitz > Riku
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-5: Command > Ars Solo > Goofy

ATK: 11+2(+1 for all Quick Blitz users)=13
0 Damage to Riku
0 Damage to Donald
2 Damage to Goofy (divided by 2.)
From there, the three pieces begin their assault in earnest, charging at the three of you. Goofy manages to protect Donald, with a strange barrier surrounding him. but you take a hit full force, and are sent tumbling to the ground. Below it, the strange biological soldiers continue their assault, ignoring the terror in their midst.

"Alright, what now?" Goofy asks.

"We fight back!" Donald says, launching a spell at the pincers. The electricity sinks deep, but you're not sure if the legs-become-arms are writhing in pain, or if they are simply writhing as usual for themselves.

"Tch... every time I fight one of you guys, you find some new way to tick me off!" You pick yourself up, dodging a few swipes from the soldiers, and charge at the giant Heartless.

Battle So Far:
Riku: 58/65 HP, 5/15 MP
Donald: 17/30 HP, 13/23 MP
Goofy: 40/70 HP, 4/4 MP

Number Five: 13/13 PG
CLAYMORE (Normal): 0/5 PG

Armored Torso: 33/33 HP, 11/11 MP
Guantlets: 19/19 HP, 1/1 MP
Hammerlegs: 11/18 HP, 1/1 MP

BRAIN Reinforcements Inbound: 1 Turn

Music:
Shrouding Dark Cloud

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Last edited by JamestheFox on February 20th, 2016, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » February 10th, 2016, 8:13 pm

oog: And it went Opposite Armor on us. Why am I not surprised?

ig: Time for Ayers Rock. Use it, then attack the Legs/Pincers.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 10th, 2016, 9:03 pm

oog: Sketched up the form this Heartless has taken. I might mess with it in Photoshop later, but eh:
Have fun with that.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 10th, 2016, 11:16 pm

At this point, I've got nothing to add except that Number Five needs to use Ayer's Rock. With Riku using his Keyblade, he no longer has Ruin Sword, so he doesn't have the MP for any spells, doesn't have any Limit Points left, and he's blown all his offensive commands, so we're pretty much stuck just plain attacking. Any chance we can turn control over to Bizkit047? He'd be able to catch Shadow Bulwark in a perfect loop and manipulate revenge values to avoid the DM.

Essentially voting with Jagwin, unless someone catches something I've missed from among our options.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 11th, 2016, 12:15 pm

Did you forget that you have Tropricharge? For the low low price of 1 ODP, all of your Commands would be recharged. Just reminding you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » February 11th, 2016, 8:38 pm

Ayer's Rock sounds like a very good option, yes.

Lightning weakness is good; Donald has a spell for that (unlike Earth). Shame the weakness did not multiply the damage though, just one extra.

Also, james makes a good point; let's use a Tropicharge.
Ristridin

Unread postby JAGwin » February 11th, 2016, 10:44 pm

Switching to agree with Ristridin because I did forget about that Tropicharge (I haven't looked at our inventories in too long...).
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 20th, 2016, 5:45 pm

OoG: Added a missing Counter Kick from Riku.

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Round 3
Riku: Item > Tropricharge
DEF:19+6=25

Thundaga Drop > Magic Booster > Thundaja Drop > Fell Pincers
4+1 (Weakness) Damage=5
Fell Pincers suffer Numb4.
DEF: 12+1=13

Goofy: Command > Brace and Counter
DEF:19+6=25

Number 5: Ayer's Rock
All foes suffer Guard Break3!
All foes are attacked!
ATK: 63+1=64
Bioblades: (64-9)/4=13. 14 damage. THERE WAS NEVER ANY HOPE FOR YOU
Shadow Cuirass: 14 damage.
Slashing Toes: 15 damage.
Fell Pincers: 14 damage. Fell Pincers is KOed. Shadow Cuirass spends 1 LP to revive Fell Pincers.

Shadow Cuirass: Magic > Dark Pillar > Goofy
Darkra Pillar: Missed
DEF: 19+3=22/2=11

Slashing Toes: Temper Tantrum > Donald
Coin Flip: Heads
ATK: 19+2=21
ATK 2: 19+5=24
ATK 3: 19+6=25
DEF: 10+1=11/2=5

Fell Pincers: Triumphant Grasp > Goofy
Coin Flip: Heads
Goofy's DEF is treated as 1!
ATK: 19+4=23 (6 damage)
DEF: 19+6=25/2=12
Brace and Counter triggered! 12 Damage! Fell Pincers is knocked out. Shadow Cuirass spends 1 LP to revive Fell Pincers.
Goofy

BRAIN Bioblades' Swarm Ethics: 3d6=17. All Bioblades may attack.

BRAIN Bioblade 4341-1: Command > Ars Solo > Donald
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-2: Boosting 4341-1
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-3: Boosting 4341-1
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-4: Boosting 4341-1
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-5: Boosting 4341-1
ATK: 11+3+6+4+3+4=31 (5 Damage)
Ars Solo Hits: 4
9 Damage total.
You weave through the melee, taking a moment to drink a pick-me-up.

Meanwhile, Donald's being overwhelmed. The soldiers have him surrounded, and it's made it impossible for him to escape from one particular soldier, who is swiping at him ferociously. "Ack!"

"Donald!" Goofy calls out, only to be knocked off his feet by a pillar of darkness... and then grabbed by the shadowy pincers of the Heartless. "Ah-" It swoops, gouging the street with Goofy's head, and slams him into the wall of the Mayor's house.

"Goofy!" You call out.

Suddenly, the pincers explode, and Goofy's shield flies from the dark mist, before bouncing lightly off of the central Heartless. It lands next to Goofy, who has fallen to his knees. He looks disoriented. You almost sigh in relief... but then the chestpiece Heartless glows, and the pincers reforms itself, and that sigh becomes a lump in your throat.

A sudden explosion comes from the hooded man, who swings a gigantic axe, creating several pillars of stone. A second swing knocks all of this rock, as well as all of the enemies, into the sky, and a third directs them at the enemy. Nothing is spared, and you see the pincers get destroyed again... before they are once again revived. They look interested in finishing what they started, but are mercifully stunned by lightning from a now less-stressed Donald.

"How... dare... you...!" You look at the large heartless. Darkness creeps at the edge of your vision. They're not Sora or Kairi... but Donald and Goofy are your friends, too! Donald's at his limit, it looks like... and Goofy put all he could into that last attack... and then for this monster to make it that hit worthless...! "I'm going to kill you!"

It writhes oddly in response, pulling all of its pieces back to itself.

Battle So Far:
Donald: 8/30 HP, 13/23 MP
Goofy: 41/70 HP, 4/4 MP

Number Five: 1/13 PG

Armored Torso: 19/33 HP, 11/11 MP (Guard Broken3)
Guantlets: 4/19 HP, 1/1 MP (Guard Broken3)
Hammerlegs: 2/18 HP, 1/1 MP (Numb4, Guard Broken3)

BRAIN Bioblade 4341-1: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-2: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-3: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-4: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-5: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP

BRAIN Reinforcements Inbound: Next Turn

Music:
Destiny's Force

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 20th, 2016, 9:03 pm

Having brought itself back together, I'm inclined to say Dark Break on Armored Torso. Blinding it should help bring its lethality down, and if we get lucky with the coin flips, with it suffering from Guard Break, we might be able to take it out. Number 5 should Charge.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » February 21st, 2016, 2:39 am

I'd actually prefer to use Shadowstorm on the Gauntlets/Toes again. They have less defense, and the additional attacks will, unless I'm mistaken, hit the other pieces as well. I do agree with having N5 Charge, though.

EDIT: Scratch that, I didn't look at the HP of these things before I said that. Although I'd still prefer Shadowstorm to just plain old Dark Break.
JAGwin

Unread postby Ristridin » February 21st, 2016, 3:12 am

Having brought itself back together, I'm inclined to say Dark Break on Armored Torso. Blinding it should help bring its lethality down, and if we get lucky with the coin flips, with it suffering from Guard Break, we might be able to take it out. Number 5 should Charge.

MrRigger
I like the idea... but let's add some more overkill to it.
It writhes oddly in response, pulling all of its pieces back to itself.
Since all enemies are neatly packed together, we should use Shadowstorm. I'm not completely sure which one we should target; it depends a bit on the mechanics. Last time, Shadowstorm gave a result of 10+4+2, and I don't know exactly why this was the case. If the +4 (or even the +2) is automatic, we are guaranteed to hit the Torso. If this is the result of a roll of 2d6, we are guaranteed to hit the Torso if we roll at least 3 (and this assumes that the Torso rolls 6 for Def; if it rolls 5 or lower, we auto-hit). If we just get 10 + 1d6, the Toes are a better target. That would mean less damage on the Torso though (only the extra blows hit it), but it's still 12 possible blows.

Given that we will probably hit all enemies at least four times, this also forces the Torso to spend even more LP on reviving the other two (or not spend LP on that; even better). Unless the torso has more than 3 LP, we can take out at least one of them permanently (Torso has spent 2 LP on reviving already).

So I'll vote Shadowstorm, targeted at the Torso (provided that we get the extra d6 or something like that. Otherwise the Toes are the better target). Also Charge for Number 5 of course.

oog: On a side note, why did we get MAG1: 10+4+2=16 for our first Shadowstorm? Is that an extra d6, a standard bonus to this combo, something else?
Ristridin

Unread postby JAGwin » February 21st, 2016, 3:24 am

The +2 is from Riku being Very Strong with Darkness due to how far down the Dark side of the Karma Meter he is.
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » February 21st, 2016, 9:11 am

Yeah, Shadowstorm is probably tthe better way to go, targeting the Armored Torso. It wasn't listed in the Command Chain repository, and I didn't think to check the previous post.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Ristridin » February 21st, 2016, 2:15 pm

The +2 is from Riku being Very Strong with Darkness due to how far down the Dark side of the Karma Meter he is.
Thanks. In that case, no matter what we roll, Shadowstorm will hit the Torso.
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » February 22nd, 2016, 3:54 pm

ig:
Day 49
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Round 4
Riku: Command Chain > Shadow Storm > Shadow Cuirass
MAG1: 10+6+2=18
Coin: Tails
Coin2: Heads
Coin3: Heads
Coin4: Heads
Coin5: Heads
Coin6: Tails
Coin7: Heads
Coin8: Heads
Coin9: Heads
Coin10: Tails
Coin11: Heads
Coin12: Tails
3+8=11 Hits! 5 Damage (Magic Resistance) to the Shadow Cuirass! 8 Damage to the Slashing Toes! 16 Damage (Lightning Weakness) to the Fell Pincers!
Shadow Cuirass is Blinded!
DEF:19+5=24

MAG: 19+1=20
Thundaga Drop > Magic Booster > Thundaja Drop > Shadow Cuirass
4-1 (Magic Resistance) Damage=3
Shadow Cuirass is Numbed!
DEF: 12+2=14

Goofy: Stunned

3+4=7 PG!

Shadow Cuirass: Attack > Riku Numbed!
DEF: 19+1=20/2=10

Slashing Toes: Dead

Fell Pincers: Dead

BRAIN Reinforcements have arrived! 1d6 BRAIN Bioblades have joined the battle!
1d6=5
The world goes black, and all you see is your opponent. You let out a snarl as you leap into the air, above the towering Heartless, and dive.
All day, it feels like, it's been nothing but your friends suffering before your eyes.
Again.
The look of terror on Sora's face when he saw Kairi in trouble was only matched by the look you're certain you had when Sora was stuck like a fish on a spear...
Again!
And not even that came close to the desperation you saw play across his face when Kairi joined the battle.
AGAIN!!
Then in one fell moment both of your closest friends, the last scrap of your home, were taken somewhere that you couldn't follow them to.
AGAIN!!!
And now your new friends have been pushed back to their limit, on the verge of being killed or worse while you were too far away to help!
AGAIN!!!!
Some logical part of you says you shouldn't have been so angry at Pinkie, or at the others.
AGAIN!!!!!
They were just trying to help.
AGAIN!!!!!!
But you couldn't help it.
AGAIN!!!!!!!
You can't help it.
AGAIN!!!!!!!!
You can't do anything!
AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
And you're sick of it!
You roar as you come down for the last time, glaring up at the chest and head. Where'd the arms and legs go-

"Riku! Get back!"

You leap away, avoiding a barrage of lightning that strikes the Heartless. It writhes, having trouble moving. Serves it right! Now you just have to-

More enemies approach - those soldiers from before. Or course this can't be easy!

"Riku, calm down!" Donald calls out. "You're covered in darkness!"

You pause, taking stock of yourself. So you are. But really, does it matter? You're winning, after all.

Battle So Far:
Donald: 6/30 HP, 9/23 MP
Goofy: 41/70 HP, 4/4 MP

Master Chief: 1/5 PG
Number Five: 9/13 PG

Armored Torso: 11/33 HP, 1/11 MP (Numb4, Blind3, Guard Broken2)
Guantlets: 0/19 HP, 1/1 MP
Hammerlegs: 0/18 HP, 1/1 MP

BRAIN Bioblade 4341-1: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-2: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-3: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-4: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-5: 0/8 HP, 1/1 MP

BRAIN Bioblade 4341-6: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-7: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-8: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-9: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP
BRAIN Bioblade 4341-10: 8/8 HP, 1/1 MP

Music:
Destiny's Force

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
JamestheFox

Return to “%s” Quests