KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » May 20th, 2016, 3:53 pm

Now's the time for consoling. Nothing we can say will change what happened. But we can hold her hand, and share the burden. She's not alone now.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 20th, 2016, 6:47 pm

Yeah, there's not a whole lot we can do besides do our best to try and help her shoulder the burden. Consoling is the most important thing right now.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 20th, 2016, 6:58 pm

My first thought: "She needs a hug. Or several... So do we..."
My second thought: YGO TAS: "Who wants a hug?"
Why do I do this???
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 25th, 2016, 3:53 pm

ig:
Day ??
Kairi's Heart
Time - ???

You hold Kairi a little closer. "It's... it's gonna be okay." It... it will be okay... right?

She looks at you, and shakes her head.

You're not sure how long you're here, in the dark room. You watch the girl slowly recover her strength, and you can feel overwhelming dread and crushing loneliness set in.

The girl falls asleep, and wakes, eats food left for her while she was out, and sleeps again. The cycle continues. You... think it might be days, but it's hard to tell - there's nothing but the food and the sleep for a good, long while. She-you begin to wonder if you'll ever see another person again.

And then the door opens.

"You're awake."

The girl looks up at Ansem. "... You... lied to me..." There's nothing in the words - just the fact, and the sorrow. He was your friend, wasn't he?

"Did I?"

"You told me... Grandma would pick me up later..."

"I did, and so she will. Later."

"You... you hurt me." Disbelief. You trusted him, and he-

"It is for the sake of my research. As I told you, it is of the utmost importance."

"... That man... said this was my home now. But it's not." You want to go home. Back to grandma, back to the field of flowers, back to her stories-

"For now, it is. But first, I must complete my research. The first time, we were not ready for the results we received, and so could not perceive them. That has been fixed."

The girl stares. "... F-fixed... The first ti..." Fear. Too much fear. The memories of the pain return. She crawls back, as best as she can. "No. I... I don't want..."

"You must." The man reaches forward, and grabs her by the hand, lifting her to her feet.

"L-let me go! I want to go home!"

"That no longer matters."

He takes you-her back to the room with the machine. It takes two men to trap her this time. She doesn't stop struggling. You can feel the pain as the restraints rub against her wrists and ankles. One of them looks about once the others leave, and does... something to her, and a single prick is followed by a strange... numbing feeling.

"... For the pain." He says. She manages a thank you.

Then the machine starts, and her-your world is pain once more. The medicine does nothing. This time, the light shines, but there is definition - something within the light you can't see through the tears and pain.
"My lord..."
You can only barely hear the men through the screams.
"Beautiful, is it not... What are you waiting for? We need a diagram started immediately."
You want to go home.

The light eventually returns to you, but the pain blinds you to all else for a time. When you come to, you're back inside.

The next time they come for you, you run. You push past Ansem, and run down the white hall. You remember the dark, spiraling room behind the secret lab behind the office - if you can just make it there you can escape. The thought gives you strength even as your body aches.

But the door at the top of the spiral is locked. Despair sets in as you try to open it using the buttons next to it. You try combination after combination. They're catching up to you. They'll be upon you any second now, and you're afraid of what they'll do if they catch you. Your heart soars with relief as the door finally opens...

"Sorry I'm late- Oh hey, kiddo." The man with one eye stands on the other side of the door. You duck and try to get past him, but he catches you by the scruff of your neck. "Hey hey hey, now. I'm guessing the big man didn't let you go out and play."

"NOOOO!" You scream, and struggle. But despair weakens your blows, your will to fight.

"Lose something?" The one-eyed man asks as he drags you back to the others.

"Not for long, it seems. We will have to restrain her even in her room."

"Ooh, ouch," the one-eyed man says. "Do you really gotta, boss? That's gonna make her miserable."

"Bring her to the HVD. We are behind schedule." The men head down ahead of you and the one-eyed man.

"Man oh man... Well, see, kiddo? That's what happens when you try to run away from home. Now you're grounded."

You sniffle. You-she was so close.

Kairi stares on as the girl is taken back down. The... research... goes as the last time. Ansem watches as the light... her light... her heart... is pulled from her body, held suspended above it, only barely connected to it. But this time... this time, they do something else, even as the pain is overwhelming her. They bring blackness to the light, and begin to try and force it in. It hurts too much, and this time, the girl mercifully loses consciousness.

When she wakes, her legs are chained to the dark room. It doesn't matter. Her strength is not enough to stand. The pain in her heart lingers... to the point that she has not yet fully recovered when next they take her to the machine.

Life becomes an endless nightmare. You can't tell when one day ends and the next begins. She sleeps, she eats, and she suffers this... research. Sometimes they try to force the darkness into her. Sometimes they talk to her about her reactions afterward. Sometimes they directly touch her heart, with their hands, feeling out the parts of its manifested form. And every time, you can feel a little piece of her crack.

After one such experiment, as the one-eyed man opens the door to deliver a meal, he opens his mouth. "Hey, kiddo. You know, I talked to your granny this morning."

"... What...?" She mutters.

"Oh yeah. Poor old bird. She's just heartbroken about you, you know."

"But... But isn't she... coming to get me...?"

"... Hah, as if!" He sits the meal down. "Man, she doesn't even know you're here. Thinks the Unversed got ya. They're just snapping people up, you know." He chuckles.

The girl stares. "But... But Ansem said..."

"Oh, dude. You actually believed that? That's just cute. There's not a suspicious bone in your body, is there? Just like your granny, too. She totally believed me when I said I was looking for you!"

The girl starts to sob. "He... he... lied..."

"Oh, come now, you've got to take a hint! I told you - this is your home, now. This is your life." He pats her on the head.

She tries to lunge at him - at the keys on his belt. But then he's gone, vanished.

"Yeah, no. You ain't getting these. As if. See you in a couple hours."

The door closes.

You look at Kairi. She's in shock. You open your mouth to speak, but it takes a moment to get the words out. "It... it's gonna be okay."

"No. No it won't. I... I can't stand this... It hurts too much. It'll... never stop hurting. You heard him... This is my life..." She looks at you. "Grandma... I'm never going to see her again. I'm never going to... to play in the gardens... or listen to stories... or be happy ever again."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
KHBBS - Xehanort's Theme

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
KHVD Main Party Growth Chart
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Ristridin » May 25th, 2016, 4:09 pm

"It may seem so, doesn't it? But you are mistaken, because I have seen you afterwards. I have seen you be happy. Watched you listen to stories. We played on any place on the Islands there was. And your grandma... if she's still out there, we're going to find her too. And if she's no longer there, you will still have a family in Riku and me. I don't know how long this nightmare is going to last. I don't know what the end will be like. But the end will come. And until then, I will stay here with you."
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 25th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Agreed. And hug her, if she'll let us.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 25th, 2016, 4:34 pm

I'm with Ris. This is not the end, this doesn't go on forever. We know it doesn't, because she ended up on the Islands. As horrible as this is (and it is horrible), it shall pass. And we aren't going anywhere until it's over.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » May 25th, 2016, 4:41 pm

Tone gentle, return her eye contact.

"Stop that, Kairi. I know that's not true, and I think you do too. It does get better. You can be happy. This-" making a gesture to indicate the memories. " is not your life. I've seen it, with you, and Riku, and everyone, on the islands. That guy said that was your life now, and you proved him wrong. Every laugh, every smile,- Kairi laughs, eyes closed as she smiles down at me. "Sora you lazy, bum."- every happy memory after this is just more proof."

Pause for a moment, collecting ourselves, calming down, whatever..

"We'll find your home. Your grandma might still be there. But even if she's not, you can't let what these assholes took from you define you. She wouldn't want you to hold on to the hurt like this. She'd want you to live. She'd want you to focus on the good things. Even if she's gone, remember the good times you had with her. All the memories you have. Playing in the gardens. Listening to stories. No matter what happened, they can't take those away from you. You'll always know, right here" press a hand to our heart. "that she loves you, no matter what. Even if you can't see her, she's with you. Just like every one else who cares about you- A stream of faces and people, tall and short and old and young and human and not, all who call us friends and family. . is, right now. We'll always be with you, Kairi. Nothing can change that."
gamebrain89

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 25th, 2016, 11:35 pm

ig:
Day ??
Kairi's Heart
Time - ???

"It... probably seems that way, huh? But this..." You look at the dark pastels that dominate this place, the girl curled in on herself, before focusing your gaze on Kairi. "This isn't your life. I know it... I've seen it. And it does get better." You smile. "That guy... he's wrong. And you've proved it - with every smile..."

You remember her face, the way her cheeks brighten and her teeth show just a little when she smiles, the light in her eyes when she's excited...

"... every laugh..."

The pranks pulled both by and on her friends... the jokes told... the races and competitions started and judged because she felt like it...

"... every friend you've made..."

Pink blurs and stumbly maids and cheerful barmen fill your sight... giant turtles, wisecracking men in red, and others from all over the worlds... creatures that defied their nature... busy corridors swarming with tiny crew... a squawking, fussy mage and a fatherly shieldbearer... energetic kids on the beach watched over by loving parents... a boy with silver hair and a will to protect...

"... and every happy memory that comes next." You take her hands in yours, looking her in the eye. "And there's so many of them..." You find your thoughts brought to the countless sunsets you've shared, sitting on the Paopu Tree, talking about the fun you had with each other... the sightseeing you did looking over Traverse Town from the Lightrail... staring out into the wonders of the Space Between... "I don't know if your Grandma is still out there, but I'll help you look. I don't know how long this nightmare will last... but I'm here with you to the end. Because you're my family, too, and I won't lose you."

"I..." Kairi keeps eye contact with you, and her eyes start to brim over anew. "... What if I... can't make it? What if you have to-"

"Nuh uh. I won't. Not ever. Wherever you go, I'll always be with you." She breaks down, and you let her hands go as she brings them to her face, trying to wipe her own tears. You pull her close.

"... Thank you..."

-----

Time passes. More experiments are done. But you are there - you hold Kairi close, giving her hope, reminding her, again and again, that she isn't alone, that in time, this storm will pass. Seemingly tiring of her screams, they begin doing something that makes her soundless before every experiment. It doesn't stop the pain.

More and more, it becomes harder to distinguish what is your reaction to the events unfolding before you and what are the memories of what Kairi felt at the time. It stops mattering - you focus more on comforting Kairi after each relived terror.

One day, the door opens, and the man with one eye comes in.

"Hey there... been a good girl?"

"... Yes..." Her voice is weak, her throat hurting from ages of countless screams.

"Heh, thought so." As he steps forward, the girl flinches back - they've had to hit her, once or twice, to make her do what they want.

"Please... please don't... I..."

"Hah! As if. Not today. I'm just here to bring you lunch." He's carrying a plate. It's... different... from the previous times. More fancy. The smell makes your mouth water. But looking at the glowing yellow of his one eye kills your appetite. She murmurs a thank you, anyway, avoiding eye contact, until he grabs her, forcing her to look at him. “Come on, look me in the eye when you’re thanking me. Now, let’s see what I nabbed for you… Oh, roast chicken. Mmmm mmm mmmmm. Some salad on the side… and hey, I even got you some of those dressing cups. Add a little variety to your meal. And to drink, we’ve got you some tea. Real classy.”

He sets it down in front of her. She stares at it. Is this... some new experiment? A trick? Is she... allowed to have it, or is he trying to get her into trouble?

"What's wrong? Don't like it?"

It reminds you of home. Your real home. "I... want to go home. Please... let me go..."

“... Now you know I’m not gonna do that. As if. Why do you torture yourself asking that every time I see you?”

"Please. I just want to see Grandma... just for a little while... I... I'll come back-"

The man rolls his eye, and sighs. “... Ah, is that it? You wanna see your old lady again? Well… let me fix that.” He kneels down, and meets her gaze again. Kairi's eyes widen, before he opens his mouth again, and you can feel her terror, her sorrow. “Truth is, your granny’s dead. Dead as a doornail. If I were the… poetic sort, I’d say she died of a broken heart. She just couldn’t believe anymore, by the end.”

You, Kairi, and the girl are in shock.

“I was there, you know. For the funeral. Unlike you. Man, what kind of granddaughter doesn’t go to her old lady’s funeral? You must be ashamed.” He chuckles as though he was making the joke of the century. You feel the girl's heart crack, breaking worse than any experiment has managed to cause. “But I know. You’re only doing what’s right, right? Helping the world, and all. Tell you what? If you’re a good girl during the next test, I’ll go leave her some flowers for you.”

Kairi's response is a choked sob.

“Would you like that? I’m not such a bad guy. Just doing my job.” The tone tells you he enjoys his job a lot more than the words should imply. “Now, I gotta go. Lots of stuff to do. Experiments to run. Results to collect. All that lame, science-nerdy stuff.” He steps out of the room, closing the door behind him, and something in the girl finally shatters.

The food lies untouched.

She barely fights back the next time they test her... and this time, when it's over, you don't feel anything. No sorrow, no loneliness. Just... emptiness.

The world seems to blur, and you can tell - the girl you're watching has changed, utterly. Her heart has finally broken under the stress, and everything she was is fading away. This is the moment that her heart, to escape the physical, emotional, and spiritual pain, banished everything associated with it to the abyss.

For a while, even when they experiment on her, she feels nothing - she is dead to the world.

In time, though, she becomes aware, and you can feel her heart returning to normal. What comes next is almost worse than before it shattered - she has forgotten what is coming, what they're about to do to her, and does not know to run away until she is already suffering once more.

They ask her about herself, and she cannot tell them anything, even when they promise her freedom in exchange. The man talking to her has to remind her that her name is Kairi.

They begin the experiments in earnest, under Ansem's insistence. This time, they do something to her, and it worsens the pain caused by the testing.

It does not take long for them to break her all over again. And again. And again.

Then, finally, something changes. Ansem comes to her room, and takes her, alone and on the brink of another breaking, to a room she had never seen before. He restrains her, and then his finger glows. Strange lights and shapes explode from his fingertips, forming together into patterns within patterns... He then shrinks it all, before pressing it onto the girl's chest, just above her heart.

The pain is almost as horrible as the tests, and it takes an extraordinarily long time to place such a small mark upon her. Her chest explodes into light - a light you recognize now as her Limit, as a similar light to what appeared when they pulled her Heart out. He easily ignores what feeble power this light brings, and continues to mark her with this symbol.

He then takes her to another room, leaving her there alone. It is not the dark room... but it is made of the same material as the room in which she has endured test after test. She has no restraints, however, and after some time, she decides it's not so bad.

Then the room shatters, and she finds herself in a place of strange colors and odd shapes - a place that you realize is the Space Between. She struggles as darkness encroaches on her, trying to destroy her, inside and out. She drifts here for longer than you can count, until she finally comes upon the light of another world...

The last thing the pastel girl experiences before her heart breaks down one last time is falling into the stormy seas, and not knowing how to swim.

The world is dark. For a while, Kairi looks worried, terrified, and sorrowful, reeling from the pain of her heart breaking and repairing itself over and over again... But you smile.

"It's going to be okay."

"But... I can't swim-"

"Maybe... but the worst is over. Just wait..."

When next the girl wakes, she is not pastel - she is real. She is in a bed, swaddled in blankets. There's a shirtless, bronzed man sitting backwards in a chair and taking a swig from a bottle. He finishes guzzling the drink, and looks blearily at the girl.

There is a pause as the girl locks eyes with Jecht, the drunkard master of the Guardians.

"... Uh. Hey. Morning..." He suddenly gets up. "Shoot! Mayor! Mayor!" He stumbles out of the room... then comes back in. "Uh. Um." He hands the girl the bottle he was holding. "Hide this for me, huh? Thanks." He gives her a thumbs up, and rushes out of the room, making a racket the whole way.

The memories flow freely, now - The Mayor, who would soon adopt the girl as her own, telling the girl that Jecht had found her laying on the beach, half-drowned. They ask her what her name is, what island she is from, who her parents are... but the girl barely remembers anything. They find the name "Kairi" on the tag of her dress, and it is by that name she is called.

They make a point of hiding the mark Ansem placed upon her when merely pointing it out starts to call back the memories that she had lost, bringing her back to those days of suffering. The Mayor realizes quickly that Kairi is different, special, when one such incident draws forth the light magic of her Limit. Kairi remembers the strange joy in her when the Mayor makes the fledgling mother-daughter relationship they had official.

Kairi is brought before the other children of the islands. At first, the children find her odd, and mostly shun her. She meanders from one play spot to the other, finally sitting herself at the Paopu Islet, as the sun starts to come down.

"Hey there." Kairi looks up from the sand. A silver-haired boy and his brown-haired friend stride up.

"Er... um... Sorry. Am I taking your spot? I thought-"

"Nah, it's cool." The silver-haired boy hops onto the tree, sitting down next to her, and with a little prodding, the other boy does the same. "What's your name?"

"... Kairi."

"Nice," the boy grins. "Name's Riku, and this is Sora."

"Uh... hi!" Sora smiles, pushing past his awkwardness.

"So, what'cha doing out here? Don't most girls hang out by the treehouse, or by the docks?"

"... They don't want me..." Kairi admits. "They think I'm... weird."

"... Bah, they've got cooties anyway. You don't want to hang with them." Riku crosses his arms.

"... Yeah! You can hang with us!" Sora says. "What'dya think, Riku?"

"Hmmm. I dunnoooo." Riku grins. "Do you like adventure? Because I can't have someone who doesn't like adventure holding me back."

Kairi frowns. "... I've... never really... gone on one?"

Riku and Sora gasp. "No way. That's crazy," Riku says. "We need an adventure, now!"

Sora nods. "Ummmmmm... But what kind of adventure?"

Riku thinks for a moment... then grins. "Oh... I know..."

Fifteen minutes later, the three of them are fleeing the treehouse, chased by the girls.

"You guys are so weird!" A younger Yuna shouts at them. "So weird!"

"Run!" Riku shouts. "Cooties!"

The three barely escape the cootie-ridden horde. Kairi is winded, but holds up the bouquet she nabbed from the treehouse, a trophy of their victory.

"Haha! That was great!" Riku grins. "Though... that's probably infested with their cooties. Leave it on the docks. They'll take it back."

"Then... what's the point of taking it?" Kairi asks.

"For the fun of it. Besides, they acted mean to my new friend, so I had to show them that isn't right."

Kairi blinks. "Your... new friend...?"

"Yep! You're my friend!"

When Kairi got home that night, she could not stop talking about the new friends she made... friends that would last her a lifetime.

A voice comes from right next to you. "... Sora..."

You smile at Kairi. "You see? Things got better."

She looks at you, and manages a smile. It's a tired, pained smile... one that shows that things aren't over yet - she's still hurting. But she's taken a step towards mending it.

"Thank you."

Music:
Kingdom Hearts BBS: Dearly Beloved

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History

Don't like ending it here, but I really need to get to sleep, so. Here.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 26th, 2016, 12:01 am

Hmm... let's ask her if we should share this we Riku after she wakes up, assuming she remembers it. Though, I am worried about what telling him about this 'testing' (cough torture cough) will do to his anger levels. Also, we need to tell her that she can tell us anything. Doesn't matter what it is, we'll listen, and if there's a problem, we'll help. SHE NEEDS THIS.

EDIT: Yeah, I need to go to sleep too... sigh...
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » May 27th, 2016, 5:55 pm

oog: Um, are we waiting for a continuation, or is no one voting?

ig: If we're not waiting: "You're welcome, Kairi."

oog: Yeah, social skills aren't my strong suit (hence why I haven't been voting lately), so if someone could come up with something better, please?
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby gamebrain89 » May 28th, 2016, 12:56 am

I was waiting, seemed like kind of an awkward point to really add anything.
gamebrain89

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 30th, 2016, 9:22 pm

oog: Yeah, I had hit a point where I could no longer write, and so had to go to bed. Haven't got a good chance to get back to KHVD since. That said, if you found something to bring up, I'd include it.

Trying to think of a faster avenue to talking with you all. Currently, the majority of the questers are in a 24/7 live text-based chat on Skype where they can discuss KH as they please, which is working out well. Those of you who aren't on there and want to be, just let me know, here or in a PM, if you'd like me to add you, and I'll send you my Skype Address so we can get in contact on there. At the same time, I'm always open to alternative options for quick chat stuff.

A fair bit goes on in the chat - we discuss KH canon, go in depth into details about KHVD's expanded world and lore, that sort of thing. I recently posted the in-progress family trees of the Destiny Islands Trio, as an example of some of the stuff that comes up in there. I also often let folks know if a KHVD is being written, or if it's been posted, or whatnot.

On an unrelated note, I'm considering making the switch to the KHT system I've been mentioning of late, which means you'll likely be going into the finale of this arc with somewhat unfamilar rules. I'm considering this change so that I don't have to make any more system stuff (like new gear) for KHVD's current system before the switch happens. I've already got to comb the current Character Sheets, the Shop Sheets, etc, to make everything fit, so I'm deciding not to make it any harder on me.

I may need time for this, but will post as much as I can and try to get at least the new Main Party Character Sheets ready by the next time I post.

ig:
Day ??
Kairi's Heart
Time - ???

"You're welcome."

You stay with her as the rest of the memories fall into place, connected to each other like links on a chain.

"Kairi... you can tell me anything, you know. If you're hurting, or sad, or angry, or... anything. Just let me know."

The words feel... redundant, even as they come out of your mouth.

"I will." That's all she needs to say, at this point. Things have changed... her memories are your memories. Her thoughts, her feelings... right now, you understand them more fully, more perfectly, than you could ever have thought possible. The pain of a past revealed but not resolved... the hope in a future that can get better, just like it did before... the gratitude that she could have someone so precious by her side...

You're not sure if it comes from you, from her, or from the both of you, but you catch the wish that you could stay like this forever.

But you both know you can't.

Your friends need you... and you can't help them if you stay like this.

You both decide that Riku... probably shouldn't hear the entirety of this story. He should know that Kairi's got her memories back... but... it's too much. Too painful to even consider pulling him into it. He'd only be angry, with nowhere to point it.

The last of the memories play out, and you find yourselves atop the platforms. They're together, now, but you know they're only meant to be this way for a short time - they will drift back to their proper places, once they are done doing what they need to do.

The shards of your platform slip off, floating above the scene, and revealing the platforms anew.

Where once was stained glass covering worn paper colored with pastel, there is now purest white cloth towers, with new images embroidered at the very top.

You see yourself, sitting on a pier and watching the sun rise. An aging woman you recognize Kairi's grandma stands behind you beside a younger, sterner woman: the Mayor of Destiny Islands. The boy is holding a star-shaped charm up, letting it glint off of the morning sun. Your Keyblade lays next to you.

On the next, you see Riku, looking at the sunset with determined eyes, his Keyblade in one hand, his charm in the other. Beside him stands two people you recognize from your Visions... the blue-haired woman, Aqua, who fought to protect her friends... and the small but powerful King of Disney Castle.

The last one - the one you're standing on... features Kairi, sitting on the Paopu tree in the middle of the day, holding her charm. You're not sure why... but even now, this one feels unfinished... like there's something just a little off about it.

"That's right..." Kairi says, pulling your attention away from it, rummaging in her pocket. She pulls out her broken charm. "It may not be the bond itself, but symbols have power, don't they?" The charm glows. "We can't just leave this one in such a poor state, can we?"

"No... no we can't." You smile, touching the charm.

--------- Riku POV ------------

Day 52
Traverse Town
Time - Deep Night

You sigh, settling in. Another day... another fight. This Organization has been a big help, and their leader claims that a plan is being put together... but that's not what you're worried about. Endless battle is something you can handle. But your friends... they've got you on the end of your rope. Sora and Kairi haven't changed at all. Number 6 - or Zexion, or Inezo, or whatever - has been your friends' constant guardian. Even now, he's dutifully observing the two, who haven't moved an inch-

Wait... when did...

"Hey, when'd she pull her charm out?" you ask.

Number 6 looks again. "I don't know. She didn't have it out when I first arrived."

You close in on Kairi, and look at her broken charm. It's glimmering oddly. You frown. "What's going on...?"

You have the strangest urge to touch the charm... and find yourself submitting to that desire.

In reaction to your touch, the star charm shines, engulfing the room.

"What's-"

--------- Control has returned to Sora. ------------

Day ??
Traverse Town
Time - Deep Night

The light of Kairi's charm guides you back to where you're meant to be. It... hurts, in the oddest way, to separate from Kairi... but you know the two of you will be okay.

When you awaken, Riku's standing over you and Kairi, blinking away spots in his eyes.

"What... the..." Riku rubs at his eyes, before opening one.

Then he blinks.

"Hey," you say.

The look on his face is priceless - completely and utterly confused, indignant, and relieved. "... 'Hey'? Really? That's all you lazy bums... have got to say for yourself?"

"Er, um," Kairi stutters, giving a nervous smile. "Sorry?"

"Do you guys have any idea how long you've been out?"

"Not... not really." You grin sheepishly.

Riku sinks to his knees. "Three whole days, four if you count the day you went down. No one had any idea how to wake you up... I thought... I thought I'd lost you. And you... you pricks just come waltzing back like it's nothing and say 'Hey'?" He punches the ground. "W-What's wrong with you!?"

Traverse Town Day 53 - Endless Night Missions
Spoiler: show
Finale: Into the Machine - The Organization has been working on a way to bring the fight to your attacker... and they've found a path. There are a few ways to go about it, each with their own risks, but if you are ready, then this fight can be brought to an end.
A Gloriously Kupo d'Etat - "Action Accessories Are Awesome (trademarkcopyrightMoogleEnterprisessincethebeginningoftime, Kupo!) has special items for sale, using parts salvaged from the enemy! Come and get it, and if you still have your vouchers, be sure to bring them, because this might be your last chance, Kupo!" "Hey, what do you think you're doing? Hijacking our communications network to post ads!? REALLY?!?"

Music:
Kingdom Hearts BBS: Dearly Beloved
Kingdom Hearts 2: Friends in My Heart

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 30th, 2016, 9:31 pm

"Guess we need you around to make sure we aren't late. And I think we're actually doing better. Kairi?"

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » May 30th, 2016, 10:43 pm

maybe adding a "Sorry, we couldn't really tell how long it was taking." on there.
gamebrain89

Unread postby JAGwin » May 30th, 2016, 11:15 pm

Finale: Into the Machine - The Organization has been working on a way to bring the fight to your attacker... and they've found a path. There are a few ways to go about it, each with their own risks, but if you are ready, then this fight can be brought to an end.
A Gloriously Kupo d'Etat - "Action Accessories Are Awesome (trademarkcopyrightMoogleEnterprisessincethebeginningoftime, Kupo!) has special items for sale, using parts salvaged from the enemy! Come and get it, and if you still have your vouchers, be sure to bring them, because this might be your last chance, Kupo!" "Hey, what do you think you're doing? Hijacking our communications network to post ads!? REALLY?!?"
oog: Hahaha!

Ahem. I'd personally prefer if we stuck with the current system for now so that we don't go into any major battles before we have a chance to get used to the new mechanics.

ig: With the above.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 31st, 2016, 6:47 am

Ahem. I'd personally prefer if we stuck with the current system for now so that we don't go into any major battles before we have a chance to get used to the new mechanics.
You won't need to worry about that - there'll be a few normal enemy fights before anything like a Boss Fight. I've gotta get used to the switch as well.

KHT is relatively close to KHVD's base system - it was born from the base system a year or so back. The manual is linked above, so you'll be able to take a look at the rules in place.

At times, there may be a need for a grid for combat, so that you can see where everything is relative to each other. In those cases I'll point you towards a Roll20 map displaying the area, and/or an Imgur pic of the current map.
JamestheFox

Unread postby StillnotHere » June 15th, 2016, 1:11 pm

Let's do a Gloriously Kupo d'Etat before we head into fray.
FINALLY For the first time i have returned to KHVQ.
StillnotHere

Unread postby JAGwin » June 21st, 2016, 11:18 am

Now that I've taken another look and seen that it's not part of the finale, I agree with SnH in addition to gamebrain and Rigger.

I would also like to add this: "What did we miss?"
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » July 20th, 2016, 11:09 pm

oog: I liiiiiiiveeee! Sorry, lots has been happening in real life, so KHT conversion hasn't gone all too fast. However! I am glad to produce for you... the new Character Sheets! Unlike KHVD's old sheet in which everyone was on the same sheet, everyone has their own sheet. The cast has had a few changes - buffs, nerfs, and changes that simply had to be made because of the new system. We're still missing the Link Shards, but that'll be done ASAP. The Moogle's Shop is the only one I can definitely say is synced to the new KHT system, but the rest will be done soon.

ig:
Day 52
Traverse Town
Time - Deep Night

You run a hand through your hair nervously. He's actually ticked. "Sorry, we couldn't tell how long things were taking... But I think we're okay now. Right, Kairi?"

Kairi nods. "I... yeah. Things are... yeah." She looks at her charm. Defying all explanation, it's fixed - looks just like new, even.

"Right. You guys just go into some kind of glowing coma, and when you wake up everything's just fine!" Riku rolls his eyes. "What the hell happened?"

You frown. You're... not sure it's a good idea to tell him... everything. A look at Kairi reveals she's thinking the exact same thing. So you leave it to her.

Kairi is the first to talk. "I... well. I remembered."

"You remembered?" Riku's face slackens from the frustrated facade he was giving. "You mean..."

"... Yeah. Sora... Sora helped me find them."

"I... see." Riku looks at a loss of words for a few seconds. "... That's good. Anything you'd like to share?"

"Can... can it wait?" Kairi asks. "I'd rather... get it all together."

Riku looks a bit unhappy with the request, but nods. "Alright."

You look around, and see a man in a familiar black coat sitting a distance away, watching you with a book in hand. He closes it with a snap and stands up.

"Where are you going?" Riku asks.

"My mission is complete. With this, all known and surviving Keybearers are active once more. I must return to the battlefield. Without fail, Number 1 will have formulated a counterstrategy towards this invasion, and will need my assistance in ensuring it runs smoothly. I apologize that my assistance was of little use to you."

Riku sighs. "Fine. Don't let the door hit you on the way out, I guess."

"I won't."

Riku watches him go, carefully moving around the downed and weakened defenders of the town.

"Who was that?" Kairi asks.

"A member of some kind of Organization. They say they want to help us... but I don't particularly believe that." He yawns.

"What time is it?" You ask.

"Late," Dr. Haruno speaks up from where she's working on a warrior. "If you guys aren't hurting, could you find a place that's not the infirmary to rest?"

You nod. "Um. Sure."

The three of you head out, guided by Riku to a room where Donald and Goofy are snoozing in reasonably-sized cots.

"Night." Riku says, hopping into a cot. "Don't sleep in, you two. You bums got plenty of that already."

You grin. "I make no promises."

You hear Riku grumble to himself as you settle in for the night. Kairi giggles as she finds a cot near you. Sleep takes you surprisingly easily.

(HP, etc. have been restored!)

Day 53
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"WAAAHH!"

"WACK!"

You fall out of your cot in shock, hitting your head. "Ow!" You look up, and see Donald and Goofy, staring in surprise.

"Sora!"

"Yep. Hey, guys."

Goofy helps you up. "You alright there, Sora?"

"Yeah. Kairi's fine too."

"What!?" Donald looks around, and sees Kairi getting out of bed, groaning.

"What's with all the noise...?"

"Gwarsh, what happened? How'd you wake up? Did that fella from the Organization figure out a way to help ya?"

You shake your head. "I don't think so. It... Um." You look at Riku's cot. It's empty. "Where's Riku?"

"I dunno. Must be grabbing breakfast." Goofy says.

"Uh huh. Anyway... it's a long story. To make it super short, I helped Kairi get her memories back."

"What? Does she know who-"

"Um... Can we not?" Kairi asks. "It's... it's way too early."

Donald pouts. "Er, right. Sorry."

"More importantly, what'd we miss? We still fighting these invaders?"

Goofy nods. "We've been doing a lot of give and take here. Joshua's base got overrun a few days ago, we had to go rescue them."

"We also had a situation with these puppies." Donald crosses his arms. "99 Dalmation pups, and about 12 of them got out into the war zone! Absurd. It's a miracle we managed to save them all."

"The town's in pretty bad shape, though. We've gotta end this soon, or there won't be a town to save."

When you sit down to have breakfast, Riku looks a bit tired. "Hey."

"Hey." You smile.

"... Look, uh. Sorry. I... was a bit rude, I guess. I'm just..."

"We get it," you say. Kairi nods. "It... must have been tough, huh?"

"It has." Riku pauses, thinking. "To be honest, I'm not sure I'd have lasted much longer, with just these two goons for company." Riku says, ignoring the insulted squawking of Donald and the amused smile of Goofy.

"Aren't you forgetting someone?" Serah asks as she pops up from behind Riku.

"Gah!" Riku jumps a bit as Light follows her sister over to your table.

"Sora, Kairi!" Serah smiles. "Good to see you two up and at them. Riku's been pretty worried about you," she teases, setting her tray down next to Riku and resting a hand on his shoulder as she sits down. "Turns out he's a very sensitive guy when it comes to his friends."

Kairi smirks. "Yeah. I hope he wasn't causing too much trouble for you?"

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that!" Serah grins, giving Riku an aside glance. "He's no trouble at all."

Riku blushes at the teasing. Light groans.

"So, what's the plan for today?"

"Don't know yet-"

A shrieking sound comes in over the radio playing into the cafeteria. "We interrupt this communication with a very important announcement! Drumroll please, kupo!" There is a pause. "... Kupo? Hey! Where's the drumroll!?" The sound of drums start up. "Ahem...! Action Accessories Are Awesome (trademarkcopyrightMoogleEnterprisessincethebeginningoftime, Kupo!) has special items for sale, using parts salvaged from the enemy! Come and get it, and if you still have your vouchers, be sure to bring them, because this might be your last chance, Kupo!"

You blink. What the...?

"HEY!" Laguna's voice comes in. "Oh come on, guys! Hijacking our communications network to post ads!? Really!? We need those!"

"It's just business, kupo!"

"Get off!"

"Booting them from our communications network... now."

"You can't silence the best deals in tow-" The moogle's voice cuts out, returning to reports about battlefield status.

"... Hey, don't you guys still have a coupon for the invasion?" Serah asks. "If the moogles are still open, you should check by their store."

"Oh please don't." Light sighs. "It'll just encourage them."

But it's too late - Kairi has the look of one who has caught the scent of a great deal, and will stop at nothing to see it taken.

In short order, and with relatively few scratches (1 Damage to Riku, 2 Damage to Goofy) you make it to First District...

"Sora? Kairi!"

The two of you are practically rammed by Pinkie Pie's flying hug.

"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshareyouokaypleasetellmeyou'reokay" Riku looks... guilty, for some reason.

Music:
KH2 - Laughter and Merriment

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 20th, 2016, 11:24 pm

"It was a long night, but we're doing better. We'll be fine, just as soon as we get rid of these invaders!"

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » July 20th, 2016, 11:30 pm

oog: Invisitext:
Spoiler: show
"Ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshareyouokaypleasetellmeyou'reokay" Riku looks... guilty, for some reason.
Is there a reason Google is saying I need to log in to look at the sheet?

ig: With Rigger.

EDIT: oog: Also, am I the only who thinks this Quest should have its own Tropes page?
JAGwin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » July 27th, 2016, 3:28 pm

I can't really think of anything to add to Rigger's reply.
gamebrain89

Unread postby JamestheFox » August 16th, 2016, 8:20 am

oog: Are you still having trouble getting onto the sheets, JAG? The link to the KHVD Party currently points you towards a folder on my Google Drive. If that doesn't work, I'll figure something else out.

TVTropes Page: I could dig it, but I'm not the kind of scum-sucking bottomfeeder who makes his own works' TVTropes Articles. I may add to it, though. Have to find my old account.

ig:
Day 53
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You smile from your position on the ground, next to Kairi and under Pinkie. "It was a long night, but we're doing better. We'll be fine, just as soon as we get rid of these invaders!"

Pinkie sighs in relief. "What are you guys doing here, anyway?"

"Moogle shop."

"Ahhh. Gearing up for the final battle?"

"Heh. Hope so. How have things been here?"

"We were able to rebuild the wards, thanks to those men in the black coats," Mr. Dumbledore says as he climbs the stairs Pinkie came from, followed by Deadpool. "Thus far, it's merely been a matter of maintaining what we have - The First District is secure."

"That's good news," Riku says.

"I guess, but it's been really boring," Deadpool whines. "I almost have enough scrap to build myself a proper junk pile. I just need one or two more punks coming in here thinking they're hot stuff!"

Pinkie looks over at the man in red. "Wadie, I told you. You are not allowed to prank Rarity!"

"Awwww, but I wanna! Come on, Pinkie, be a sport!"

"What if they get infested with Heartless like those others were!?" Deadpool grumbles inaudibly as Pinkie hops off of you. "Anyway... we shouldn't keep you, huh? Give it your best!"

You nod, and the five of you make your way to Action Accessories are Awesome.

For a store in the middle of a warzone, it's actually in amazing condition - practically grand-opening quality, even. A moogle in heavy, colorful armor flies up to the front to greet you.

"Welcome to Action Accessories Are Awesome! How can we help you today?"

Music:
KH2 - Laughter and Merriment

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » August 16th, 2016, 9:20 am

Okay, Total Munny is 3408. Kairi has an Invasion Coupon, good for half off everything under 1000 Munny. I say we buy the Moogle Gloves and Metroid Fang, both for Sora, as well as the Mechon Masher for Goofy. This will cost (637 + 900 + 803) / 2 = 2340 / 2 = 1170 Munny.

Moogle Gloves and Metroid Fang would replace the Petal Punch and Crown Pendant on Sora, for a mechanical change from +2 Attack, +3 Defense, to +3 HP, +3 Attack, and Blood Drain. Admittedly, I'm not a huge fan of losing the Defense, but I think it's a fair exchange.

Also, I think Kairi should switch out the Growth Egg for the Dull Orb of Minwu for the duration of our Final Battle. Having another character with a Cure spell is worth more than the bonus XP, in my mind, at least for a risky situation like this one.

We have a total of 32 free Bag Slots left across all characters, presumably they could rearrange things as needed.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Quests