KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby JAGwin » April 20th, 2017, 9:56 am

oog:

Mass produced him, actually. Don't you remember hearing something about Metal Face uploading data when he died?
I thought that was him sending information back to Brainiac, not that there was more than one of him.
I'll admit, that's a hilarious way of putting it. TBH, I've mostly avoided pushing too far into romantic/sexual content for the sake of not awakening and angering the ancient mods that watch over this place. The last big quests I followed forbade even a kiss between the player character and anyone.
You have got to be kidding. That has to be overkill.
Now, one more item before we go...

KHVD now has a TVTropes page! Be good to it, give it some love every now and again, and I'm sure it'll thrive!
Ha ha!
"It was always gonna happen eventually," says another. "It's the fate of a Nobody."
Quick question, which one was this?
"I'm having trouble ascertaining your problem. Time travel is vastly different from world to world, and very few methods are applicable outside of the original world the method was discovered in."
Well, I guess that explains how Mikuru and Timestopper can exist in the same setting as KH given relatively recent revelations.
"Belle of Beast's Castle, Nia of Spiral Dimension, Princess Peach of The Mushroom Kingdom, Madoka of City of Grief, and now a girl from the distant past.
Well, at least I can recognize all but that last one, if (in Peach's case) only by reputation.
You lean forward...
Yes, FINALLY!! Is there a Triumphant Laughter emoticon on this site? Does anyone have any appropriate-
Her lips taste like burnt wood.

"BLHEEEECK!?!?!?"
...Probably should have seen that one coming. How did Serah not react like that?

And now that that's out of the way; Invisitext:
Spoiler: show
"Hey, most of this wasn't our fault. You can blame the charbroiling on Donald."
"I heard that!"

You blush, and close your eyes. "Well, I mean... It's just. It's silly..." You turn away, legitimately afraid that the heat on your face will light the soot up, or something-
Kairi opens her mouth in an "ooooohhhhh" sound, and smirks.
Oh dear. Gurren Lagann? That will be... interesting... LOL!
Didn't you notice that Yoko has already showed up?

ig: So, uh, do we have anything to say to Xemnas before he goes, or should we just take a look at the new report?

As for stat boosts, I'd like to put both points into AP. I'd also like to equip Tornadobreaker and Freeze Slash.

EDIT: Riku, Donald and Goofy should probably equip their new Get Bonuses as well.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 20th, 2017, 11:52 am

oog:
Didn't you notice that Yoko has already showed up?
I think I either didn't notice it at the time or I forgot about it... Oops.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » April 20th, 2017, 6:17 pm

Before Number One leaves: "You should look into the people who are trying to capture the Princesses of Heart. I want to make sure we know everything about the people who want to take Kairi."

I'm okay with putting both in AP, but I'd also support one in AP and one in HP. Not picky. If we put both points in AP, equip Tornadobreaker, Freeze Slash, and Heat Slash, if we do one in AP and one in HP, equip just Tornadobreaker and Freeze Slash.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » April 20th, 2017, 8:37 pm

We only have two AP available right now, and those Commands cost two AP each, so we can't equip more than one of them without putting both points into AP, and we can't equip all of them period.
JAGwin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » April 21st, 2017, 6:54 am

Based on the numbers on the sheet, AP seems to be actual stat times two, so for every one point we put into it, we'd get two AP to actually use.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 28th, 2017, 9:31 pm

Can confirm that every AP level up gets you 2 AP. So you can gain up to 4 AP right now.

Day 53
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"Wait, before you go..."

Number 1 stops. "Yes?"

"You should look into the people trying to capture the Princesses. I'd like to make sure we know everything we can about the people after Kairi."

Number 1 nods. "The Organization has looked into them before, even infiltrated their number, at great cost... But if you believe we do not know everything there is to know, then I will personally turn my gaze to them once more, and return to you with what I have learned."

"Thanks."

As he leaves through a portal, Riku looks oddly at you. "Wait, princesses?"

"Sora?" Kairi asks.

"Kairi's a princess?"

"A Princess of Heart," you say. "The ones who're using the Heartless are after them, for some reason." You look to Kairi. "Don't know why, but it's part of Maleficent's master plan."

"That makes sense. I've had reports from a few people who made it here that some creeps went and kidnapped someone during the loss of their world." Laguna shuffles through his papers. "Let's see... Yoko and Bowser definitely saw something like that."

Donald frowns at that. "... If they're after her... Maybe Kairi should stay here, out of harms way."

"No way." Riku turns to Donald immediately. "The three of us made a promise - we stay together."

Kairi nods, though a bit hesitantly.

"Gwarsh, I have to agree with them, Donald. Besides, Maleficent's got the Heartless on her side."

"Right," Laguna says. "Even with everyone here, we can't defend Kairi from the Heartless indefinitely. You guys are the only ones we know of who can actually fight and win against them."

Donald frowns. "... What if we took her to Disney Castle?"

"Disney Castle?" Kairi asks.

"That's where we're from," Goofy says.

"It's one of the safest places in the multiverse," Donald says. "The Queen's made sure of that. Why, we hadn't even seen the Heartless until we left."

"You want to test that?" Riku growls at Donald. "Because if Kairi's put there, it'll be putting a target on your world's back. You think your queen can stop them?"

"He has a point," Kairi says. She has a pensive look on her face. "Both of you do. If Maleficent needs me, we have to make sure she can't have me, no matter what it takes. Even if we have to split up for a while."

Riku turns to Kairi in shock. "Kairi, you can't be seriously saying that..." He pauses, and turns to you. "Sora, why aren't you saying anything? Don't tell me that after all that talk about staying together, you'll just let us be split apart-"

You startle as he turns accusatory. "Hey, It's not like that, I'm just... I dunno-"

"Whoa, hold on a second," Laguna says, putting a hand between you and him. "It's a bit soon to jump to conclusions about what to do. So far, the five of you together have done well keeping Kairi safe, right?"

"... Right." Riku says.

"We have time to sit on that for a bit, think about what needs to get done. For now, let's just look at what Number 1 left us." He looks at his desk and starts digging through the mess that sits atop it. "... Where'd it go? No, not this, this isn't it-" He pauses. "Ah! Here we are." He pulls it out, coughing to clear his voice. "Let's see... 'Because the ambient darkness in this world...'"

Ansem Report 13
Because the ambient darkness in this world rushes towards the subject’s heart upon our revealing it, this obscures our view of the heart within. Only by physically draining all ambient darkness from the room and blocking it off with the meteor-substance are we able to see what the heart is like without its barrier. We are making video feeds, photos, and sketches of the heart from all directions.

We have continued the studies from before, and found quite a number of interesting developments.

The specimen’s heart continues to refuse the darkness, no matter how much stress we put it under in the week since we obtained it.

The specimen attempted an escape today. Thus, it is imperative that we ensure further escapes are impossible.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Its heart, aside from being filled with light, seems to have a growth of some sort, made of a purer and more brilliant light than any I’ve seen before. Attempting to introduce Darkness to the heart, either directly or indirectly, results in the growth creating some sort of barrier, which blocks entry.

The specimen blacked out from the pain of revealing its heart. To ensure it does not die from shock, we will have to wait for it to recover before trying again.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

The specimen is complaining of severe pain. The presence of these complaints is unfortunate, but easily fixed.

A long-term Silence spell has proven more than enough to allow us to concentrate on our studies.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

It is said in legends that there were seven hearts of pure light that restored the worlds after their destruction. Purity of heart, at least for short periods, is not an uncommon phenomenon, surprisingly. However, our studies have shown that even the purest of heart must, or at least should, eventually yield some space to the darkness, or to the light, if they are to avoid being lost to their purity.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

The specimen’s levels of Negativity are extraordinarily high, it seems, due to the discomfort we have placed upon it. At the rate that it is depleting this energy, it would take years to expunge all of it. That is time we do not have. We will need guards to ensure that the Unversed do not unduly damage the specimen. One of my apprentices has taken something of a personal interest in the subject. Assigning its care and protection to him should be sufficient.

It has lost consciousness again. We will continue experimentation in the morning.
"... 'We... we will continue experimentation in the morning.'" Laguna falls silent.

Kairi is pale as a ghost. You can't help but feel how she looks. You're not sure you could speak if you wanted to. You've lived what was just read.

Riku's eyes are wide. Goofy puts a hand on his shoulder, before the both notice you and Kairi.

Donald looks about to explode.

Laguna slumps into his chair. "... Gods. T-this can't be the same man who wrote the others, could it? It can't be."

Donald turns and storms out of the room.

"Sora, Kairi, you... you alright?" Riku asks. "What's wrong?"

Kairi closes her eyes and shakes her head. "I... it's..."

You clench your jaw, so much that some small part of you worries that you'll break your teeth.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
KH2: Organization XIII
KHBBS - Xehanort

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Command Chainer
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby JAGwin » April 28th, 2017, 9:44 pm

Can confirm that every AP level up gets you 2 AP. So you can gain up to 4 AP right now.
Well, with that cleared up, I'm in favor of putting both points into AP and Equipping Heat Slash, Freeze Slash and Tornadobreaker.

As for this... I really don't know what to do here, so I'll just wait for someone else to come up with something.
JAGwin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » April 28th, 2017, 10:16 pm

Deep breath, and say nothing, taking Kairi's hand. This isn't our secret to share. If Kairi wants to say, it's up to her. But we don't get a say here, other than as a reminder that we're there for her.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 28th, 2017, 11:53 pm

I'm with Game.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » April 29th, 2017, 7:12 am

Game's plan sounds fine.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 30th, 2017, 10:56 pm

Day 53
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You take Kairi's hand, unsure if she's trembling or you are. Maybe both. You want to support her.
But how can you, when you can't even support yourself?
"... What's going on?" Riku asks. When Kairi cannot find the words, his eyes dart to yours. "Sora, you know something?"
Your heart feels like it's frozen in your chest.
"I... yeah, but I... I can't say."
It's too much. What would you even say? "Kairi got tortured for who knows how long!"
Laguna looks between the three of you, as Riku grits his teeth. He looks like he's about to wring you by the neck. "You can't say? You can't say!? What the crap!? Aren't we friends? We're supposed to stick out for each other! How can I do that if you won't tell me jack-"
"Oh, and I've got her memories of it, and they hurt like they were my own! So that's what the crap!" Of course you can't say!
"It's... not for me to tell," you say. Riku's words hurt - maybe because they're true.
And yet you're still hiding behind excuses, putting it all on Kairi. You coward. But who'd blame you?
Riku looks between the two of you. "...So that's how it is, then?" He asks. "... Fine."
He will. You will.
He turns to walk away.

"Riku..." Kairi says. "It's not that we don't trust you, it's... it's jus-"
It's just too much. Don't you know it?
"Enough!" Riku slams his fist against the doorframe. "Don't go telling lies to spare my feelings, Kairi."

He walks out the door, and Goofy looks between the two of you and the door. He and Laguna meet glances, and some kind of unspoken agreement passes between them. Goofy nods, and walks a bit quickly out of the room.

"I'll admit, Riku's got his reasons. He's been having a tough time, lately," Laguna says, his voice composed once more. Or perhaps he's trying to sound composed. "But I can tell the same goes for you two. Cortana, can you get us some refreshments?"

"Of course." Cortana's voice echoes through the room.

Laguna motions for the two of you to sit at his desk. Kairi obliges, though her eyes keep drifting towards the Report, still sitting on the desk.

"Alright then - something's eating at you two, it's pretty obvious that it has something to do with this here report." Laguna picks up the paper, noting Kairi's gaze following it. "And sure, it's... pretty messed up."

What an understatement.

"But you reaction is way worse than anyone else's. So. I'm gonna go out on a limb here, and say... the two of you know the... uh...?"

"... Specimen," Kairi mutters.

"That."

"... It's not that I don't want to tell Riku..." Kairi repeats. "It just... hurts too much. I... Sora only knows because we were in each others' hearts." She sighs. "But I don't want to share the pain - not with him. He doesn't deserve to hurt like this."

"A pain shared is a pain split," Laguna says. "Or so I've been told. Doesn't have to be with Riku. I think the two of you should find... well, some professional help. Riku probably should, too. While you're here, I might recommend the School for Gifted Youngsters. The headmasters there know their stuff. But... well... you guys travel a whole lot, so it'd be hard to get you a full time therapist."

"Huh?"

"A therapist. A counselor. Someone to help you through your troubles. Sometimes, just talking with someone who isn't directly tied to the situation can help. Whatever this pain is, you don't have to face it alone." He pauses as knocking is heard from the door. "Come on in!"

The door opens, and Mr. Dumbledore comes in, dropping off a tea set. "I heard from Cortana that the three of you needed some tea. I don't have all the tools from my cafe, but I hope it suits." His twinkling eyes seem to peer into your soul as he sets the drinks down with the ease of someone used to making room for pleasantries on a desk full of business. "Pinkie Pie would like you to come by for a visit, once we're open again. We'll make you some proper tea. With lemon drops, perhaps?"

You and Kairi manage a thank-you before the elderly shopkeeper steps out the door.

Laguna looks fondly after the man as the door closes. "Mr. Dumbledore's pretty good at the whole 'talking to people' thing, too. I'm no slouch, but... well, he has some experience."

The three of you take a cup, and dunk down a somewhat calming draught. Your hands stop trembling quite so hard as you set your cup back on the set. Both Kairi and Laguna sip gingerly at their own cups. There's a somewhat awkward pause, as both you and Laguna look for the words to say next - but Kairi seems to have already found the words she wants to say. She merely doesn't seem quite able to say-

"... The specimen..." Kairi manages. "It was... me."

Laguna, mid-sip, manages not to choke on his cup. He pauses, and finishes his cup in one gulp. "Straight to it, then?"

"... Straight to it," Kairi says. "I... I didn't know, until that... mess... but when I woke up, I knew. And it hurts." Kairi looks down at her cup, hands still trembling. "I remember every single second of it."

Laguna is silent. "I... see..." He looks over the Report. "I guess... I get to say sorry, personally. There's a lot of schematics in his report, too. Real complicated, sciency stuff. But I definitely recognize some of my own work in the mechanisms they were using. We thought we were making a better world... Fighting the darkness with the light of science." He closes his eyes, resting his forehead in his free hand.

"He... was fighting, I think." Kairi says. "But... I think he lost. I remember meeting him, before... before. It's not as clear as everything else. But I remember him struggling, hurting. Maybe... maybe he drowned in his own sorrow."

"... Maybe. I met him, too. When our world fell, he gave me a drive containing all of his research. I bet this report is somewhere in there, too, kept somewhere that no one else can reach. Maybe he was hoping that what he found could... fix what he'd done."

You don't remember that part - it was outside of your purview. But you remember seeing both of those meetings, through your Visions. It's possible.

"... But this isn't about him, it's about you. You and Sora." He turns to look at you. "You got to see her heart, then?"

You nod solemnly.

"Well, I hope you didn't get to see all of her heart - there are things a lady's gotta keep private!"

You and Kairi laugh a little at the same time, despite yourselves, despite everything.

"Yes, score!" Laguna exalts. "The absolute best medicine." He smiles. "So, Sora, what's got your tongue? What can we do for you?"

Music:
KHBBS - Xehanort

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » May 31st, 2017, 10:21 am

oog: Invisitext:
You take Kairi's hand, unsure if she's trembling or you are. Maybe both. You want to support her.
But how can you, when you can't even support yourself?
"... What's going on?" Riku asks. When Kairi cannot find the words, his eyes dart to yours. "Sora, you know something?"
Your heart feels like it's frozen in your chest.
"I... yeah, but I... I can't say."
It's too much. What would you even say? "Kairi got tortured for who knows how long!"
Laguna looks between the three of you, as Riku grits his teeth. He looks like he's about to wring you by the neck. "You can't say? You can't say!? What the crap!? Aren't we friends? We're supposed to stick out for each other! How can I do that if you won't tell me jack-"
"Oh, and I've got her memories of it, and they hurt like they were my own! So that's what the crap!" Of course you can't say!
"It's... not for me to tell," you say. Riku's words hurt - maybe because they're true.
And yet you're still hiding behind excuses, putting it all on Kairi. You coward. But who'd blame you?
Riku looks between the two of you. "...So that's how it is, then?" He asks. "... Fine."
He will. You will.
Riku... you... IIIDIOOOT!!!

ig: Only thing I can think of is telling him we have Kairi's memories of... that.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 31st, 2017, 1:20 pm

I agree, but first we should have a private conversation with Kairi to make sure she's okay with us telling Riku about what happened to her.
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » May 31st, 2017, 6:34 pm

Why should we do that first? Riku just stormed out. It's Laguna we're talking to.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » May 31st, 2017, 8:40 pm

Oh, you were saying we should tell Laguna about the memories, not Riku? :dizzy:
In that case, yeah. We should tell Laguna. After that, we should ask Kairi about telling Riku. If she agrees, then we track him down, tie him to a chair (maybe with Pinkie's help), and tell him what happened.
Wraith5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 2nd, 2017, 8:37 pm

Personally, I think going after Riku is more important than talking to Laguna. Chase him down, weather whatever yelling Riku wants to throw at us, then explain to him that yes, we know about Kairi's past, but it's incredibly painful and difficult to talk about. It's not that we don't want to tell Riku, it's that Kairi has just had deep emotional scars ripped open, leaving her raw and hurting. She'll be okay in time, but for right now, she's in pain. The things that gave her nightmares for years are now hurting her all the time, not just in her dreams. Telling Riku her story would involve Kairi deliberately revisiting those events, immersing herself in those awful memories, and right now, that's not something Kairi can deal with, on a mental or emotional level. In the future, yes, but not now.

With Kairi's permission, and only with Kairi's express permission, Sora can cover the broad strokes of what happened, but it's Kairi's story to tell. If she says no, Riku needs to be a good friend and get over it, because it's not about Riku, it's about Kairi. We'd do the same thing for him if it was Riku's secret.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » June 2nd, 2017, 8:58 pm

With Rigger. We basically lived all those memories first hand as well remember. We felt it just like she did.

Take a breath, a little shaky.

"I...whatever I did to help Kairi...I didn't just see it. I lived it. But for right now, I need to talk to Riku. Just...yeah."
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 2nd, 2017, 9:18 pm

Throwing my vote behind Rigger.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wraith5 » June 2nd, 2017, 10:51 pm

I'm with plan Rigger.
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 2nd, 2017, 11:58 pm

Day 53
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You open your mouth, and the words struggle to come out. You close your eyes, and force down the lump in your throat.

Kairi puts a hand on your own.

"I... what I did to help Kairi..." You close your eyes. You can actually remember the pain in your - her - chest. "I didn't just see what happened to her. I lived it."

Kairi squeezes your hand, giving you the same supportive smile you've given her on occassion.

Laguna frowns. "You..."

"... Sorry, I've gotta go. I need to go talk to Riku... Just... yeah."

You get up, Kairi following you close behind.

"Sora. Kairi." You spare a moment at Laguna's call. "Remember that your friends are here for you, huh?"

"... Always."

You run through the door, making for... wherever Riku is.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

It takes some doing, but you find him in Fourth District, wandering through the wrecked theme park.

"Riku!"

Riku keeps walking.

"Riku! We need to talk!" You call again.

"Then go talk somewhere else. That's how you do things, now, right?" He's obviously trying not to look at you.

Kairi frowns. "Riku... look, I... I'm sorry. I-"

"Don't go apologizing, like that's going to just fix everything!" He shouts. "I'm tired of not knowing things, and feeling like I'm out of the loop, and-" He glares at you, in lieu of properly putting together a rant. "Do you idiots understand how hard it was, not knowing if you were going to wake up or not? And I don't even know why, because the two of you seem to trust each other more than me! You've just... shut me out! Do you have any Idea how much that hurts?!"

You wait for him to cool down a smidge. "... I... Look. I know what happened with Kairi. And... it's painful." You swallow. "That's why. It's not that either of us don't trust you - it's... it's hard to talk about it - to even think about it. It hurts so much."

Kairi nods. "I... I really want you to know... but I... I close my eyes and I'm right bac-" She stops, and shakes her head. You see a tear fly off her face from the motion. "It hurts too much, just as is..."

Riku doesn't respond.

"The things that used to give her nightmares are now free to haunt her..." ... and you, too... "...any time. Those scars on her heart have only just been reopened - of course she isn't ready to talk about it..."

"And you?"

"It's... not for me to tell. Not without her permission... and even then... well... she wasn't the only one who got hurt."

"What are you..."

Kairi speaks up. "Sora... he... when he helped me remember... he had to face my memories, too. He... he had to live my life..."

"It hurts," you admit. "Maybe even as much as it must for her. That's the only reason I know anything..." You clutch at your heart. "And it's why I know Kairi wouldn't keep you in the dark on this... not out of distrust."

"..." Riku stops walking. "How can I even help you if you don't tell me what's wrong?"

"Riku..." you try again. "I'm sorry. For everything. You didn't deserve to get hurt, and we didn't want that..." You try to swallow. "If... if Kairi's okay with it, I can try. But... don't expect me to get to everything..."

Kairi nods.

Riku is silent.

"... Riku?" Kairi asks.

"... Alright. What can you tell me?"

You look to Kairi, who nods, again, grabbing your hand.

"That report."

"Huh?"

"The specimen Ansem talked about... that was her. That was Kairi."

Riku jolts around to face you. "What!?"
"I've been researching ways to better our world... and that research has led me to you."
"Ansem... He kidnapped her..."
"You got me on that first one, kid. But I gotta correct you on one little thing. You see, this is your home, now. Be a good girl."
"and... he did some horrible, horrible things."
You want to scream. Maybe... maybe you are. You can't tell for the pain. This is worse than anything you've ever felt before - no wound, no sorrow has ever hurt this much.
"When he was done with her, he... he just threw her away...
You struggle as darkness encroaches on you, trying to destroy you, inside and out.
"... and she ended up with us. That's... that's the short version."
The last thing you experience before your heart breaks down one last time is falling into the stormy seas, and not knowing how to swim.
You don't know where you are.
"Man, what kind of granddaughter doesn’t go to her old lady’s funeral? You must be ashamed.”
Riku suddenly grabs you, and Kairi, pulling the two of you close in a hug, and you remember yourself, sharply inhaling.

"R-Riku..." Kairi mutters, surprised. You have the feeling she was trapped in the same dark place you just were. "Thanks."

"I'd ask if that was so hard... but considering... well. I think I got the answer already," Riku says. "... I'm such an idiot. Sorry."

The three of you return to the bunker. When Laguna, Goofy, and Donald see you together, subdued but obviously in better shape than you left, they breathe a sigh of relief, and send you to some cots you can use to sleep in.

Nothing's okay... but everything will be alright.

Dream Vision
"If you can’t trust your allies to be where they need to be, you can't trust anyone!"

A 5-year-old Riku slides back across the sand, armed with a wooden sword. Standing opposite him is a fairly young woman with blonde hair, armed with a simple pole about the length of a shortsword. You recognize the lady as Riku's mother.

"They can take care of themselves, and if they can't, there's not much you can do to save them anyway. You're the only one you should worry about in a fight. Make the path the others need, and don't waste time looking back to make sure they're following it. That's what it is to be a Trailblazer."

Riku nods. "... Yes, mom."

"Now come at me again. I've yet to see you draw my full attention."

Riku grits his teeth, and charges... only to be knocked right off his feet by his mother's next parry. He starts to get up, but startles and rolls away from a followup attack.

"A sea monster won't give you the chance to escape I just did." Riku's mother narrows her eyes as she advances, continuing an assault that seems just as much aimed at invisible others as it is aimed at Riku. "Fighting defensively and reactionary like this won't get you anywhere closer to opening up a path! Your enemy has ten limbs, and is keeping you occupied with just two! Your Vanguard can't get through or rescue you, your Tactician is frantically changing orders to the flunkies because the opening YOU were supposed to make isn't there yet! Your ship is being rammed with a great tentacle over and over again!" Riku dodges and rolls away from each attack from his prone position... until he's grabbed by the ankle, and thrown into the ocean. "Dodge with purpose! Strike while defending! You have no time for games - your ship is sinking!"

Riku pulls himself out of the water, and sits, panting heavily.

"What do you want outta life?" Riku's mother asks.

"... I want... to protect the things that matter most..."

"Then you need strength and discipline. More strength than you've got in those scrawny limbs of yours, and more discipline than your mind can keep to. Every time you waste time flinching away from attacks in fear, you're opening yourself up to additional attacks, at best. At worst, you're failing your team, and making it harder for them to do their jobs.” She flourishes her pole, sheathing it. “That failure is the difference between your foe’s defeat, perhaps with some casualties on your side, and your quarry getting away and your entire crew dying alongside you. If that doesn't matter most, then your priorities are skewed."

Riku gets up shakily and turns to face his mom... only to find his face covered with a flung towel.

"Dad's probably up and cooking by now. Go home and take a bath, go have breakfast. The ocean can't quench your stench. You're dismissed till tomorrow."

"Right!" Riku nods and runs off. His mother watches for a while, before turning back towards the ocean. She sighs.
Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

When you get up, Riku's still asleep, but Kairi's up.

"Doing alright?" You ask as you hop from your cot.

She shrugs, drowsily. "Yeah... I... I'm surprised I didn't have a nightmare, but that's a good thing... right?"

"Probably... too much to think about?" You ask, pecking her on the cheek.

"B-buh!?" She touches the kissed cheek with a hand. "I guess!" She shakes her head. "What about you? You seem chipper today."

"Well, we won, right? No more fighting, for now anyway. Maybe a few things to do... But we've probably got most of the day off. So. Let's go!"

Traverse Town Misc. Tasks
Pinkin' Around at the Speed of Sound: "... OH NO! The hedgehog girl from my Visions is still in the alleys! We have go check on her!"
Mirages and Munny: Something's up at the Fourth District... Some kind of new attraction?
SILHOUETTES of Power: Some of the folks around town seem to think they can upgrade the SILHOUETTE weapons we've acquired.
Ancient Tech is Best Tech: Cortana's gone over the Mysterious Motherboard, and has some interesting finds.

Music:
KH - Missing You
KH1: Traverse Town

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
Last edited by JamestheFox on June 3rd, 2017, 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 3rd, 2017, 12:05 am

Okay, priority 1 should be recovering Amy Rose to a safe place. Sora, Goofy and Donald can handle that. Riku and Kairi can look into upgrades for their weapons while we're on statue retrieval duty. We meet up at Lagunas to see what the deal with the Ancient Motherboard is, and then we go to check out the Fourth District.

Sound like a good timeline?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 3rd, 2017, 7:52 am

oog: Since I failed to post this info in the last update:

KHVD has expanded! We are currently putting up a mirror of the quest thus far on the board Sufficient Velocity, which honestly sees more traffic than the Viridian Dreams Forum. Once they're caught up, I will be posting updates on both boards.

What this means is that there may be more players getting involved from here on out, and possibly more discussion on the board itself than there has been for a long time. I highly rec checking in on things over there, if you like. I'll still be posting over here (in fact, every update will come here before they hit SV), so if you want you can still vote without looking at what everyone else is discussing.

I have posted a few pieces of lore previously only found on the Skype chat over there, if you guys are interested in looking. We've got some info about the VoaS, the World Order, the recent history of the Galactic Federation, The Keyblade War, etc. I'll be posting said lore over here, Soon™, but if you want a sneak peek, it's a waiting!
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 3rd, 2017, 9:29 am

I hate to sound callous, but Amy's a statue, if she made it through the invasion unharmed, a tiny bit longer won't hurt her. If she didn't make through the invasion unharmed, she's still a statue, and we aren't sculptors that can fix her. She is a priority, but I'm not sure she's the top priority. (Frankly, that should be our mental health, but that's not a task, just something we need to work on no matter what we're doing.)

I don't think we should split up Sora, Riku, and Kairi, not after our talk last night. I don't think Sora and Kairi are going to want to be out of each other's sight for a while, and if we have Riku go off with a different group, he might take it the wrong way. If we can't talk about Kairi's past, we should make sure we tell him everything we can tell him as far as other things go.

Let's take a few minutes to wake up for ourselves, then wake Riku. We're at the Bunker right now. Cortana should be able to talk to us without having to go anywhere, so ask her about the Mysterious Motherboard before we do anything else. She may tell us we have to talk to her at Laguna's, if there's physical demonstrations involved, but if not, we can get that out of the way first.

Next, since we're still at the Bunker, and seeing as sections of town are still in rough shape, I can't imagine everybody else has gone home. Most people, I'd wager, are still here. Check around, see if any of the people who can upgrade SILHOUETTE weapons (I've mostly forgotten who those people are) are still at the Bunker. Should save us some time in searching. Getting Kairi's weapon upgraded is a bit more important than the Power Sword, since Riku's got the Keyblade, but any upgrades are desirable. Brainiac did a good job of showing that there's plenty of stuff out there stronger than us, which means we need better stuff.

Once we're done with everything we can accomplish at the Bunker, then we can go check on Amy, then head over to the Fourth District to see what's going on over there.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » June 3rd, 2017, 9:42 am

oog: Invisitext:
Riku jolts around to face you. "What!?"
"I've been researching ways to better our world... and that research has led me to you."
"Ansem... He kidnapped her..."
"You got me on that first one, kid. But I gotta correct you on one little thing. You see, this is your home, now. Be a good girl."
"and... he did some horrible, horrible things."
You want to scream. Maybe... maybe you are. You can't tell for the pain. This is worse than anything you've ever felt before - no wound, no sorrow has ever hurt this much.
"When he was done with her, he... he just threw her away...
You struggle as darkness encroaches on you, trying to destroy you, inside and out.
"... and she ended up with us. That's... that's the short version."
The last thing you experience before your heart breaks down one last time is falling into the stormy seas, and not knowing how to swim.
You don't know where you are.
"Man, what kind of granddaughter doesn’t go to her old lady’s funeral? You must be ashamed.”
"I'd ask if that was so hard... but considering... well. I think I got the answer already," Riku says. "... I'm such an idiot. Sorry."
Anyone feel like making Sayaka jokes? More seriously, I get the feeling that Vision prompt would be about when she said that.
oog: Since I failed to post this info in the last update:

KHVD has expanded! We are currently putting up a mirror of the quest thus far on the board Sufficient Velocity, which honestly sees more traffic than the Viridian Dreams Forum. Once they're caught up, I will be posting updates on both boards.
Considering VD barely has anyone left on it (as far as I'm aware), that's not hard to do.
"A sea monster won't give you the chance to escape I just did." Riku's mother narrows her eyes as she advances, continuing an assault that seems just as much aimed at invisible others as it is aimed at Riku. "Fighting defensively and reactionary like this won't get you anywhere closer to opening up a path! Your enemy has ten limbs, and is keeping you occupied with just two! Your Vanguard can't get through or rescue you, your Tactician is frantically changing orders to the flunkies because the opening YOU were supposed to make isn't there yet! Your ship is being rammed with a great tentacle over and over again!" Riku dodges and rolls away from each attack from his prone position... until he's grabbed by the ankle, and thrown into the ocean. "Dodge with purpose! Strike while defending! You have no time for games - your ship is sinking!"
Well, that explains where that line of thought came from...

ig:
Pinkin' Around at the Speed of Sound: "... OH NO! The hedgehog girl from my Visions is still in the alleys! We have go check on her!"
I personally think this can wait a little. From what I understood, she was petrified, so not much is going to happen to her if we put this off (at least as far a I can think of).
SILHOUETTES of Power: Some of the folks around town seem to think they can upgrade the SILHOUETTE weapons we've acquired.
This can also wait a bit.
Ancient Tech is Best Tech: Cortana's gone over the Mysterious Motherboard, and has some interesting finds.
As much as I'd like to do this now...
Mirages and Munny: Something's up at the Fourth District... Some kind of new attraction?
I get the feeling something bad is going to happen here, whether because the "new attraction" was intended to be dangerous, or from something going horribly wrong.

Lastly, I don't like the idea of splitting Sora and Kairi up when they just became a couple.

So with all of that said, Sora, Riku and Kairi to the fourth District. Send Donald and Goofy to see what Cortana found if possible, otherwise, they're heading for the Fourth as well.

EDIT: Rigger makes a good point about the Bunker stuff. Changing my vote to his plan, except with Amy and the Fourth District switched. I still think something is going to go wrong there.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » June 3rd, 2017, 1:09 pm

I don't think we're at the Bunker at the moment. After all, we did leave to find Riku, then we went to sleep, now it's the next day. Did we sleep at the Bunker or somewhere else? (On that note, shouldn't the last section be Day 54, not 53?)

Hmm... next time we're at the Bunker or some other central location, I think we should at least make sure someone who can handle themselves goes and checks on Amy. Not necessarily someone from our party, but I think having her somewhere someone can keep an eye on her would be better than leaving her where she is. Some of the fighters are probably still in the area, after all. Maybe send Donald or Goofy to either let someone know or actually go get here? (I'm assuming we have some more specific details than just "in an alley"?)

OTOH, weapon upgrades are good things to get. "MOAR POWAH!!!!" And as far as Cortana's thing goes, the most likely thing I can think of from that is computer-based tech upgrades, such as maybe the SILHOUETTE weapons or the town's defenses... (but don't quote me on any of that!)
Wraith5

Return to “%s” Quests