KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 13th, 2017, 8:59 am

While we wait for Saturday, have a James Report! This time: some DC Worlds, Part 1.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

World Bio: Krypton

In the olden days, there was a war between multiple Worlds, and Krypton (a neutral party in the war) was considered by both sides to be a potentially HUGE boon. Out of fear that the World would someday side against their enemy, one side (to this day, no one knows exactly which, and neither side claims responsibility) planted a destructive weapon in Krypton’s soil, in hopes of blackmailing them. However, the war ended before they had a chance to threaten the world, and the weapons presumably were forgotten… and left dormant. It’s not known exactly what awoke them, but when they did, the planet began to tear itself apart.

Krypton was one of the world leaders in technology, specifically in artificial intelligence, with a powerful AI known as Brainiac being ubiquitous on the planet, conducting its two primary directives - protecting its Kryptonian creators and cataloguing and preserving information in a publicly-accessible library. Notably, the destruction of Krypton did not spell the end for Kryptonians - many were offworld on other diplomatic or business matters. They mostly live in Coruscant, the central HQ for the Galactic Federation, and despite no longer having a world they have representatives in the Council. Others have found their home in Remnant, putting their sciences to work in the Kingdom of Atlas. It is known that certain varieties of solar radiation can empower Kryptonians, though not all worlds that have a sun induce this effect. It is currently unknown what makes one world's yellow sun grant superpowers when another's yellow sun doesn't.

Notably, two individuals survived the actual destruction of Krypton - one was Brainiac, who transferred its consciousness and every piece of data it could collect from Kryptonian Archives to a more travel-capable format. It is believed that the sheer data overload from downloading its entire data archive directly onto its hard drives, combined with its failure in its primary directive damaged its mental processes. When it was next seen, it was seeking to catalog worlds, collect samples of them, and destroy the rest. It was destroyed by the Justice League, and never seen again.

As for the other... well...

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Character Bio: Clark Kent
AKA: Kal-El, Superman, The Man of Steel.

When the machines within Krypton finally awoke, one man was able to detect it. As soon as he realized what was about to happen, local hack revolutionary scientist Jor-El saw the signs just soon enough to buy a shuttle that could survive the Realm Between. Unfortunately, the ship only had enough room for one person, and he chose his baby boy, Kal-El.

Kal-El was launched away from the World, and was kept sealed in time, wandering the Realm Between for some time before luckily landing on another world, where he was taken in despite his odd origins. He grew up as Clark Kent, and upon finding that he had extraordinary strength, speed, durability, and flight powers, gained through exposure to solar radiation, decided to do what he could to protect the world he now called home. He took up the cape of Superman, and fought to protect those who could not protect themselves.

His secret identity was outed as Superman when Kryptonian relatives of his tracked his shuttle’s path to his world and discovered him. Despite this, you’ll usually see “Clark Kent” listed as editor and co-writer for world renowned journalist, Lois Lane (who is also Clark’s girlfriend. Rumors say they’re planning to tie the knoooott~~).
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby JAGwin » June 13th, 2017, 9:21 am

Notably, two individuals survived the actual destruction of Krypton - one was Brainiac, who transferred its consciousness and every piece of data it could collect from Kryptonian Archives to a more travel-capable format.
So Brainiac is based on his DCAU version? Interesting.

Anyways, James, while you're here, shouldn't Donald have passed the Investigation Check? His Investigate stat is the same as Sora's, he should only have needed to roll twelve, and he got fourteen if I'm not mistaken.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 13th, 2017, 8:04 pm

Change of plans - Roll20 meeting for KHVD will happen on the 15th, starting at 12:00 PM EST and ending at 5:00PM EST, with a 15 minute break at 3:00PM EST.

Also, numerical errors were made - Donald actually made his Investigate check and thus can take part in the surprise round.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 15th, 2017, 2:16 pm

Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Goofy is the first to react, putting himself between the descending creature and you... only for the cat to land on him, scurrying about his body, pulling one of Goofy's shields from his bag. It absorbs the shield into itself, and leaps off. You swoop in and unleash a wind-filled slash at it. Your follow-up misses, and you suddenly see the ground beneath you darken, as though something was abov-

You look up, just in time to see a ball of pure darkness descend upon you.

"Sora!" Kairi calls out as you slam into the ground.

"Ack!" The darkness weighs upon you, trying to crush you. You manage to shake it off, but your body feels like it's been hit with a tidal wave. The cat nearby leers at you, only to be pelted with countless flurries of ice and snow. It screeches, and vanishes. You see Donald smirk, only for another cat to appear. Riku and Goofy are upon it in a second, but it deftly dodges their attacks. It counters, swiping endlessly at Goofy, rending through his defenses.

You get back up, as you feel Donald's magic wash over you, restoring your strength somewhat. Riku manages another barrage, this time catching the cat in it, forcing it to teleport away, horribly wounded. You can see the heart at the center of its vanishing body. The first cat appears, having recovered somewhat from the previous assault, and prepares to attack Goofy...

Only to be slammed by an expanding dome of light, emerging from Kairi's staff.

As the light fades, you see the hearts drift off - one where the cat was, and one drifting from the nearby rooftop.

"Well. That was a thing," Riku says. "Sora, Goofy, you guys..."

"Aw shucks, I'm fine," Goofy says, picking up his shield and some other items.

Lucid Shard and Duo Claws obtained!

72 EXP obtained!
Riku Leveled Up! He gained 1 DEF.
Kairi Leveled Up! She gained 1 MAG and 1 Run Movement Stat.
Donald Leveled Up! He gained 1 MAG.
Sora Leveled Up! Please select what stat you want to raise.

"I'm good..." you say. "Let's go check on that girl."

The five of you walk down the alley you saw in your Vision.

Sure enough, you see the hedgehog girl, frozen in stone, with a light-blue gemstone in her hand. For all the damage in town, this area must've been fairly safe.

"She's... well, safe as can be, I guess." You peer at the gemstone. This was one of the ones that emerged from that golden hedgehog...

"Gwarsh, wonder why she's like this?" Goofy asks, approaching the statue. "Maybe-"

Suddenly a golden ring emerges from the gemstone, which vanishes. The ring expands as it spins upwards, until you could jump through the center of it. It floats idly, revealing what looks like the Space Between Worlds. You can see the girl in there, flesh and blood and unconscious, floating with the stone clutched between her hands.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
KH1: Traverse Town
KH2: The Encounter

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Command Chainer
Last edited by JamestheFox on June 15th, 2017, 3:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » June 15th, 2017, 2:26 pm

ig: "Donald... if we go in there, can we help her?" Asking Donald because he's more likely to know than Goofy, and just jumping into what appears to be the Space Between Worlds without making sure we can survive is just plain stupid.

Also, I'd like for Riku to equip MP Rage, Goofy to equip Tornado Spin (if he has enough AP) and Donald to equip Second Wind.

oog: James, can you please adjust Goofy's sheet so that we can see how much AP he's using and how much he has left?

EDIT: How much EXP did we get for that fight?
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » June 15th, 2017, 2:58 pm

I am in full agreement.
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JAGwin » June 15th, 2017, 3:11 pm

Now that I know we've leveled up, I'm in favor of boosting our AP.

Also, James, if we're in Arc Four, shouldn't we have gotten an Arc End Reward for completing Arc Three?

EDIT: Um, James? What Movement Stat did Kairi boost?
Last edited by JAGwin on June 15th, 2017, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 15th, 2017, 3:13 pm

I've had to cut that particular feature. Apologies.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 15th, 2017, 8:09 pm

Current Plans:

[]Plan Mr. Rigger (SV)
[]Jump on in and try to save her.
Votes: Mr. Rigger

[]Plan JAGwin (VD)
[]Get advice from Donald regarding surviability of enter the Space Between.
Votes: JAGwin, Wraith5

[]Plan NotreallyHere (SV)
[]Turn around, and walk away.
Votes: NotreallyHere
JamestheFox

Unread postby Wraith5 » June 15th, 2017, 10:30 pm

If I remember rightly, we need some kind of protection while we're in the Space Between... or am I thinking of something else?
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 28th, 2017, 1:01 pm

Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You look at the ring. You can't tell whether she's hurting or not... but you've known the Space Between to be incredibly hostile, if the amount of protection you've needed is any indication... it's definitely unsafe to just jump in there.
"So, how do we even get her out?" Riku asks. "It can't be safe to just jump in. Any ideas?"
But that goes for her, too. Every second you spend out here, she could be in deeper and deeper trouble.
"Hmmm. We could go grab the safety suits from the Gummi Ship..."
This is the only thought that passes through your head as you run and leap in.
"That's a good ide- Sora what are yo-"
What you find on the other side is... not what you saw through the ring. You're floating in the Space Between, but there's a bunch of rings above and below you, forming a sort of tunnel-like path downwards. Above you, you can see the girl, curled around the gemstone.

"Sora, you idiot!" Riku says, appearing next to you. "Weren't you the one worried about me doing something insane?"

You laugh a little. "Sorry. I couldn't help myself." You look around. "We seem to be okay..."

"Sora, Riku, what were you thinking!? It's not safe, come back right now-" Kairi appears from out of nowhere. "... There's no exit."

"Heheh." You scratch the back of your head as Donald and Goofy pop in as well. "Welp, I guess we gotta figure out how to get out."

"Righhht. Let's at least grab who we came for," Riku says, floating upwards to approach the girl, who suddenly starts glowing. She suddenly vanishes into the gemstone, which falls at far-too-fast speeds past you, traveling along the path the rings have formed.

Then you start to fall as well, as music begins to play from nowhere. You instinctively grab each others hands as your fall, keeping yourselves together.

You see smaller golden rings floating within the path, and as you pass near them, they gather between the five of you, and the distant gemstone seems to glimmer a little brighter with every ring gathered.

You spot something moving along the outside of the rings - a spinning, spiky ball of pure darkness, with eyes and a mouth that seem to face you no matter how much its body spins.

"A Heartless?" Riku asks.

It suddenly moves onto the path, slamming into you (Sora took 3 Damage!). As you flail about, a bunch of the golden rings burst out of you. It seems to be trying to grab at them.

"Oh, so that's how it is, wise guy?" Donald grumbles as more Rings appear ahead. "Outta our way!"

Battle has begun. Meet up on Roll20 on July 1st, Saturday, from 2PM to 6PM, to participate.

Distance to Checkpoint: 50
Party's Rings: 0
Shady Spinball's Rings: 6
Speed: 1d6 per Round
Ring Goal: Have 30 Rings upon hitting Checkpoint, have more Rings than Shady Spinball
Special Rules: Only one member of the Party can perform a Battle Action and Movement Action per Round. Actions such as Dodge Roll, Guard, etc., may be used freely to protect the party.
Context Commands (In place of standard Movement Actions, the party may use one of these Context Commands. They may also replace their Battle Action with a second Context Command):
Speed Up!: Focus on reaching the Checkpoint. The party adds 1d6 to their speed for every 10 Rings collected.
Grab Rings!: Focus on grabbing Rings. The party obtains 2d6 Rings.
Evasive Action!: Prepare to dodge incoming threats. Any Party Member can perform a free Dodge Roll, with a +1 bonus to said roll.

Music:
Sonic R - You're My Number One

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 28th, 2017, 6:23 pm

James Report: Final Fantasy World/Fusions, The Court Mages

In KH canon, you'll have noticed that FF characters usually just guest-star in one world or another. The Gullwings in Radiant Garden, Selphie on Destiny Islands, etc.

In KHVD, however, you'll find that instead I've merged an FF setting with another property - generally, all characters from a specific Final Fantasy hail from a specific world, and sometimes the entire setting of a game's world become merged with the other property's setting. This is a quick rundown of some of those mergers.

FF1: Unknown. The Warrior of Light exists, and stands guard at a certain location. Matoya, on the other hand, has hidden herself away in the far reaches of Disney Town's wilderness.
FF2: Agrabah. Even now, an evil empire begins to push into the deserts of Agrabah, forcing Aladdin, Princess Jasmine, and their allies to defend themselves.
FF3: [Redacted]
FF4: [Redacted]
FF5: [Redacted]
FF6: [Redacted]
FF7: Olympus (Disney's Hercules). The Olympian Empire's previous government was fairly recently subject to a coup, ending in Tyrant Shinra holding absolute power over the land.
FF8: Radiant Garden/Hollow Bastion (Kingdom Hearts). Once upon a time, one of the greatest military academies in the Open Worlds, SeeD, guarded the Radiant Garden.
FF9: Twilight Town. Zidane and his friends live fairly normal lives in this idyllic town.
FF10: Destiny Islands (Kingdom Hearts). Since time immemorial, Guardians have protected the islands against terrible Sea Monsters such as Ixion, Shiva, Bahamut, and others.
FF11: Disney Town. Many of the highly diverse peoples of the magic kingdom in fact hail from many worlds, including Remnant and several worlds lost to wars long since over.
FF12: [Redacted]
FF13: City of Grief (Puella Magi Madoka Magica). That said, Light and Serah have made their way to Traverse Town. Many Witches take the forms of Fal'cie and Eidolons.
FF14: Remnant (RWBY), a mere shadow of long-dead ancient civilizations... Atlas in particular has taken to excavating and reverse engineering many ancient pieces of magitek.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Since the day that there first have been Queens of Disney Castle, so too have there been "Court Mages," scholars and gentlemen/ladies who provide wisdom in peace and mystic might in war. They have been diplomats, healers, warriors, and close companions to the crown. Thus, every Court Mage has made their mark on Disney Kingdom's history. Today, we talk for a short time of some of the most recent Court Mages.

Among the storied spellcasters who have served the royal court, none had as brief nor as... interesting impact on the position of Court Mage as the foreign witch Matoya the Straight. Approximately 150 years before KHVD, she had a tenure of about three months, before she rather fantastically stormed off, sick of the politicking in the castle. In that short time, she shook up the scene both in the court and on the battlefield. She was known taking absolutely none of the shadowed whispers, the secreted Munny, or treacherous alliances occurring in Queen's Melissa Mouse's court, and for never sweetening her words to the queen herself. She had the honor of being present for the signing of the World Order.

She passed down the title to her student, the mage who became known as Admiral Grimmitz the Boisterous, starting the horrifying tradition of strong-willed and fiery-tempered casters gracing the position of Court Mage... or so some say. Actual historians say there were actually about 5 Court Mages between Matoya and Grimmitz. All of them were known for their brash and hotheaded temperaments. The misconception that Grimmitz was appointed to the position by Matoya, and that Grimmitz was taught by her, was due to the twin facts that most of those Court Mages did not last long, and that Grimmitz consulted often with Matoya. She still lives, and is currently training her second direct apprentice, a Remnantian Faunus by the name of Shotola Rhul.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Grimmitz himself was the longest-running Court Mage in the turbulent times after Matoya's retirement, having served a full 72 years. He was much like Matoya in his policies and advice, and loyally served Queen Melissa in her waning years, as well as her daughter, Queen Matilda Mouse, for almost the entirety of her reign. He was a pugilistic mage, though, serving as commander of the vessel used by the royal family, back when Disney Castle didn't have Gummi Materials to work with. He was famous for his masterful execution of the protective spells needed to keep the ship in working condition, and being able to singlehandedly serve as artillery for the ship with his magic, though he loved nothing more than to be standing amongst his ship's guns (with the same protective spell as before around himself), supplementing them with his own magic barrages.

However, his love for battle was ultimately the source of his decline - it was during one skirmish that he was crippled by stray fire, and ultimately forced to retire.

Reluctantly, he set out to find a successor - and found one he did, 62 years before KHVD.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Shantotto the Destructive was an up-and-coming warmage at this time, and when Admiral Grimmitz interviewed her, it was their shared passion for battle and destruction that convinced him that she would be the perfect successor to him. Shantotto would become acquainted with the young new Queen Margie Mouse, serving during the Queen's entire 32-year reign, and fight for Disney Castle and for the Galactic Federation's survival through both the 22-year Second Apokoliptian War and the, in her words, "far more disappointing" 4-year long Clone War. She would be known and feared for fighting Darkseid's fire with fire, opening conflicts by razing entire battlefields while laughing cheerfully, and in one notable instance aided her Queen in repelling Darkseid himself from the Disney Kingdom. Her violent methods would be chastised incredibly often by her Queen, though she and her pupil, Magica DeSpell, would always escape any lasting punishment under Margie's rule.

This changed when the crown was passed to the young, idealistic, peace-loving Queen Minerva "Minnie" Mouse, who notably restrained her antics during the Clone War. Seeking better challenge, and greater excitement in her life (maybe by joining the fine folks patrolling near Apokolips, nuking Darkseid from orbit sounds like fun!), Shantotto would begin seeking out a successor near the tail end of the Clone War, approximately 10 years before KHVD.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Historians who speak of Court Mage Donald Fauntleroy Duck will most likely say he was destined for greatness. Born in the City of Duckburg to the Clan McDuck, whose political power and talent has long been known to the people of Disney Kingdom, he grew up among some of the greatest entrepreneurs, most brilliant scientists, most talented cooks, and extraordinary warriors in the realm. Though most of his magic has thus far been focused on the "esoteric" as opposed to the "practical" (namely, he can't blow quite as much stuff up as many of his predecessors) he may yet go down in history as one of the most suited Court Mages a Queen can ask for.

On a vacation trip to the outer wilderness of Disney Kingdom, he one day stumbled upon the cavern used as a secret hamlet for the ancient mage, Matoya. Amused by the lad's brashness and interested in the potential she sensed in him, Matoya took on her very first pupil, and trained him in the art of magic. At the age of 18, he left Matoya's Cave, seeking his fortune. It was thus that fate somehow guided him, placing him in Disney Town, capital of the Kingdom, as a performance magician trying to support himself and three young nephews, during the 125th Dream Festival, 10 years before KHVD.

During the festival, a dishonorably discharged guardsman named Pete would find himself temporarily tossed in the royal prison to cool his heels after threatening the Queen over ice cream of all things. He escaped his cell, however, and in the chase that ensued, he found his way to something far, far more dangerous than he - a simple bottle, filled with a shifting, vile darkness.

Upon its release, The Blot would merge with Pete, and the two burst from the castle, seeking their revenge on all who had wronged them. Every soldier and warlock available at the time gave their all to stop this unholy terror, but in the end it came down to a mere street-mage and a guardsman who carried only a shield by choice standing between The Blot and the current Queen and Court Mage as they prepared to banish the monstrosity to the Space Between Worlds.

Against all odds, they held the line.

Impressed by the young mage's efforts, the Court Mage, Shantotto, chose to interview Donald. Amused by his temper (which was so very much like her own), and finding his philosophies to be far more in alignment with the Queen's than her own, Shantotto took the Duck under her wing, and refined his skills in magic and politics. Before naming him her successor, however, she tasked him to seek out her predecessor, and learn from him a true "big gun" combat spell - the kind which will no doubt be of use should diplomacy fail.

Though Donald failed to learn Admiral Grimmitz's trademark "Mega Flare" spell, Donald found an alternate spell capable of fulfilling Shantotto's request. Making use of a gift his nephews created for him, Donald proved himself capable of casting the elusive and nigh-unbeatable spell, "Ultima" - a spell neither Shantotto nor Grimmitz had ever managed to cast. Satisfied with this, Shantotto left for parts unknown, allegedly in hopes of developing a spell to surpass even Ultima.

It was thus that Donald would become Court Mage, a position he has held for the past 10 years.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » June 28th, 2017, 9:43 pm

oog: Invisitext:
Spoiler: show
You look at the ring. You can't tell whether she's hurting or not... but you've known the Space Between to be incredibly hostile, if the amount of protection you've needed is any indication... it's definitely unsafe to just jump in there.
"So, how do we even get her out?" Riku asks. "It can't be safe to just jump in. Any ideas?"
But that goes for her, too. Every second you spend out here, she could be in deeper and deeper trouble.
"Hmmm. We could go grab the safety suits from the Gummi Ship..."
This is the only thought that passes through your head as you run and leap in.
"That's a good ide- Sora what are yo-"
What you find on the other side is... not what you saw through the ring. You're floating in the Space Between, but there's a bunch of rings above and below you, forming a sort of tunnel-like path downwards. Above you, you can see the girl, curled around the gemstone.

"Sora, you idiot!" Riku says, appearing next to you. "Weren't you the one worried about me doing something insane?"

You laugh a little. "Sorry. I couldn't help myself." You look around. "We seem to be okay..."

"Sora, Riku, what were you thinking!? It's not safe, come back right now-" Kairi appears from out of nowhere.
Thank you, Riku and Kairi, for being the voices of reason.
James Report: Final Fantasy World/Fusions, The Court Mages
Well now, that's interesting, and makes much more sense than what Pete was banished for in canon. I do have to ask, though: Why was the Shadow Blot even there? Wasn't it destroyed at the end of Epic Mickey? Or was it brought back in the sequel (I haven't played it yet)?

Anyways, one more thing: What World has FF15 been fused with? Or is it not in this?
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 29th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Thus far, I've yet to even properly finish FF15, so for now I'm not even commenting on it.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » July 1st, 2017, 3:59 pm

Combat resolved!

The Party gained 40 EXP!
Riku LEVELED UP! He gained DEF. He boosted his Grip Movement Stat.
Goofy LEVELED UP! He gained HP.

Update Incoming.

CHAOS EMERALDS OBTAINED: 1
Score:13720
Ring Bonus: 370
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » July 1st, 2017, 5:40 pm

Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night
Ohhhh, yeahhh...
You look ahead. Obviously, the golden Rings are important, somehow. Probably best to grab and keep as many as you can. You and the rest of the group focus your efforts on trying to grab as many Rings as you can.
Yeahhhh...
You grab a good haul, and catch yourself smiling. Swooping about, working with the others to guide your fall... this is actually pretty fun. You spot Kairi bobbing her head to the song-
When the day is done,
"Gah!" Kairi cries out as the ball suddenly slows its fall to slam into her stomach, destabilizing your skydiving ring. It uses the rebound to grab rings scattered from your group, and from the area around you.
When the race is won,
"Why you-" Riku starts.
My life has only just begun
"I-Ignore it for now," Kairi stammers out, flailing to grab his hand and pull everyone back together. "It didn't hurt that much... just means we're on the right track. These rings are really important..."
When you're next to me, so much more I can see: there's nowhere that I'd rather be!
You keep at it, and not even the Heartless' antics can get in your way. It keeps swooping at Kairi, apparently singling her out as a weak link in your gathered group. It eventually hangs back, and starts spinning rapidly. As it passes by, hitting Kairi again, your entire group starts to fall faster.
When I'm away from you,
"Is it... speeding us up?" Donald asks.
And there's nothing I can do,
"What's its' game, anyway!?" Riku growls.
Do you think the same things, too?
"Kairi, you alright?" You ask.
When the time has come, I don't want you to run!
"Yeah..." Kairi says. "I think, somehow, the rings are protecting me."
You know that you're the only one!
You nod. When it attacked you, you had the feeling that the attack should have hurt more.
All I need is you (For always and forever!)
"I'm getting real tired of this guy..." Riku says. "Let's get him!" Riku guides the group closer to the ball, and he lets go of the group to swipe out at the ball, bouncing it off the wall and back at him for another blow. Riku sends it flying upwards with a satisfied smirk, catching some of the rings flying out of it. "That'll teach ya."
All you need is me (Remember when I say!)
It spins at an even higher speed, then blasts past you, tagging Kairi with yet another hit as it races ahead to the Rings.
All we need is love (For us to be together!)
"... Or not," Riku growls.
Because you're my Number One!
Vision
You see the spinning ball rebound, possibly from being hit, and clip Kairi yet again, despite her efforts to dodge, stealing more Rings as it goes. You take note of how it moves, and decide upon a perfect opportunity to strike, just as it begins to slow down...
At the end of each day or whenever you're away, there's always things I wanna say...
You let go of the group, slamming your Keyblade into the ball of spikes, knocking it about with your heavy hits. As you saw, it manages to hit Kairi on the rebound, but-
But wherever you go you will always know that I've got so much more to show!
"Riku, now!" You call out as you catch Kairi.
It was such a surprise when I looked into your eyes, it's only then I realized:
"Right!" Riku leaps from the group, his weapon sparking with lightning. He slashes the Heartless, sending it crackling off the walls, electricity bouncing off of it as it goes. "How about this!?" Riku's Keyblade ceases sparking, and instead covers itself in water as he swings for a third time. This time, the Heartless lets out an inhuman screech as countless Rings spill out of it. It back off from the group, surrounding itself with some kind of giant bubble as it half-heartedly grabs at the rings you missed.
You're the one for me, no one else I wanna see!
Suddenly, you hit a light-blue film of energy, and the Rings you collected push ahead of you, pulling you through before vanishing. The Heartless doesn't follow.
There's no place I would rather be!
The gemstone glows, and the hedgehog girl reappears as you get closer, clutching the rock with the closest hand. Kairi reaches out, grabbing the gem and pulling it and the girl closer to you.
"You alright?" you ask the girl.
"S-Sonic..." The girl murmurs, still unconscious.
"We've got you," Kairi says. "It's gonna be okay, now..."
The music starts to fade out, as the world turns to white.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

You find yourselves standing outside the big ring that took you into that place. The ring's gone, though the statue's still there.
You spot the Heartless from inside the ring's world, flying off to who knows where.
Vision
You see the grove where Grandmother Willow lives, in the Land of Colored Winds. The tree appears to be napping. Suddenly, sparks start to appear nearby, and in a flash of light, a statue appears, of the fox boy you last saw with the hedgehog girl, holding a gemstone of deepest blue.

"Oh?" Grandmother Willow wakes up, and looks at the statue. "How very odd..."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Another statue appears in a dark area filled with junk, manned by giant, trash-shifting robots. This time, you see the hedgehog boy who had been in the group, clutching a gemstone of purest white.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

The rabbit girl and her weird-looking pet appears in an abandoned alleyway, clutching a bright yellow stone between her hands. You can see an old, rotting poster nearby, advertising some kind of sandals. "Hermes Sandals, 1400 Munny! Favorite of Sephiroth, the Platinum Angel! Buy today!"

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

The bat girl appears, holding a blood-red gemstone, next to some kind of Day Care, judging by the sign. A strange, gooey creature spares it an odd glance, before heading inside.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

The big-fisted guy appears in the middle of a vast, sandy area, with a purple gemstone in hand.
Suddenly, the statue starts to glow, and the stone dissolves away, revealing the girl, in flesh and blood. She looks about in surprise, and does a twirl, before pulling out a bunch of cards from... her dress, you guess? A hammer pops out of the card, flipping through the air before she catches it, having pocketed the cards. She swings it a few times in midair, before bringing it to rest on her shoulder as she lands.

It is only after she does this that she seems to notice you. "Oh, hey! You all... you saved me, right?"

"Uh, I think so." Riku says. "You alright, uh..."

"Amy! Amy Rose!" She smiles. "Thanks. I don't know how long I've been in there... But it felt like forever!"

"Sorry we didn't come earlier," Riku says.

"Aww, it's fine! So... where are we?"

Music:
Sonic R - You're My Number One
Sonic Generations - Character Saved!
Sonic Adventure - My Sweet Passion

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » July 1st, 2017, 6:03 pm

oog: Lots of Invisitext:
Ohhhh, yeahhh...
You look ahead. Obviously, the golden Rings are important, somehow. Probably best to grab and keep as many as you can. You and the rest of the group focus your efforts on trying to grab as many Rings as you can.
Yeahhhh...
You grab a good haul, and catch yourself smiling. Swooping about, working with the others to guide your fall... this is actually pretty fun. You spot Kairi bobbing her head to the song-
When the day is done,
"Gah!" Kairi cries out as the ball suddenly slows its fall to slam into her stomach, destabilizing your skydiving ring. It uses the rebound to grab rings scattered from your group, and from the area around you.
When the race is won,
"Why you-" Riku starts.
My life has only just begun
"I-Ignore it for now," Kairi stammers out, flailing to grab his hand and pull everyone back together. "It didn't hurt that much... just means we're on the right track. These rings are really important..."
When you're next to me, so much more I can see: there's nowhere that I'd rather be!
You keep at it, and not even the Heartless' antics can get in your way. It keeps swooping at Kairi, apparently singling her out as a weak link in your gathered group. It eventually hangs back, and starts spinning rapidly. As it passes by, hitting Kairi again, your entire group starts to fall faster.
When I'm away from you,
"Is it... speeding us up?" Donald asks.
And there's nothing I can do,
"What's its' game, anyway!?" Riku growls.
Do you think the same things, too?
"Kairi, you alright?" You ask.
When the time has come, I don't want you to run!
"Yeah..." Kairi says. "I think, somehow, the rings are protecting me."
You know that you're the only one!
You nod. When it attacked you, you had the feeling that the attack should have hurt more.
"I'm getting real tired of this guy..." Riku says. "Let's get him!" Riku guides the group closer to the ball, and he lets go of the group to swipe out at the ball, bouncing it off the wall and back at him for another blow. Riku sends it flying upwards with a satisfied smirk, catching some of the rings flying out of it. "That'll teach ya."
It spins at an even higher speed, then blasts past you, tagging Kairi with yet another hit as it races ahead to the Rings.
"... Or not," Riku growls.

At the end of each day or whenever you're away, there's always things I wanna say...
You let go of the group, slamming your Keyblade into the ball of spikes, knocking it about with your heavy hits. As you saw, it manages to hit Kairi on the rebound, but-
But wherever you go you will always know that I've got so much more to show!
"Riku, now!" You call out as you catch Kairi.
It was such a surprise when I looked into your eyes, it's only then I realized:
"Right!" Riku leaps from the group, his weapon sparking with lightning. He slashes the Heartless, sending it crackling off the walls, electricity bouncing off of it as it goes. "How about this!?" Riku's Keyblade ceases sparking, and instead covers itself in water as he swings for a third time. This time, the Heartless lets out an inhuman screech as countless Rings spill out of it. It back off from the group, surrounding itself with some kind of giant bubble as it half-heartedly grabs at the rings you missed.
You're the one for me, no one else I wanna see!
Suddenly, you hit a light-blue film of energy, and the Rings you collected push ahead of you, pulling you through before vanishing. The Heartless doesn't follow.
There's no place I would rather be!
The gemstone glows, and the hedgehog girl reappears as you get closer, clutching the rock with the closest hand. Kairi reaches out, grabbing the gem and pulling it and the girl closer to you.
"You alright?" you ask the girl.
"S-Sonic..." The girl murmurs, still unconscious.
"We've got you," Kairi says. "It's gonna be okay, now..."

You find yourselves standing outside the big ring that took you into that place. The ring's gone, though the statue's still there.
You spot the Heartless from inside the ring's world, flying off to who knows where.
And now to guess where everyone else landed.
You see the grove where Grandmother Willow lives, in the Land of Colored Winds. The tree appears to be napping. Suddenly, sparks start to appear nearby, and in a flash of light, a statue appears, of the fox boy you last saw with the hedgehog girl, holding a gemstone of deepest blue.

"Oh?" Grandmother Willow wakes up, and looks at the statue. "How very odd..."
Land of Colored Winds.
Another statue appears in a dark area filled with junk, manned by giant, trash-shifting robots. This time, you see the hedgehog boy who had been in the group, clutching a gemstone of purest white.
Either the junkyard or WALL-E.
The rabbit girl and her weird-looking pet appears in an abandoned alleyway, clutching a bright yellow stone between her hands. You can see an old, rotting poster nearby, advertising some kind of sandals. "Hermes Sandals, 1400 Munny! Favorite of Sephiroth, the Platinum Angel! Buy today!"
Olympus.
The bat girl appears, holding a blood-red gemstone, next to some kind of Day Care, judging by the sign. A strange, gooey creature spares it an odd glance, before heading inside.
No idea.
The big-fisted guy appears in the middle of a vast, sandy area, with a purple gemstone in hand.
Agrabah?

And there's still one Chaos Emerald unaccounted for.

ig: Answer her questions, and try to put things gently. If she starts to express concern for her friends (or fear the worst about them), mention the Vision we just had. That said, if she takes this to mean Sonic might still be out there... just try not to upset her too much without being dishonest.
JAGwin

Unread postby Wraith5 » July 1st, 2017, 6:59 pm

I am in complete agreement. Though, before we tell her everything, I think we should bring her back to one of the main areas, preferably somewhere semi-private, maybe one or two people we trust nearby.
Wraith5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 2nd, 2017, 9:24 am

Yeah, I'm pretty good with that. Don't lie to her, but we might not be the best person to explain everything that's happened to her. Tell her that she's in Traverse Town, and she's safe. Answer her questions, but try not give her too many worrying details at once if it seems like she's not taking it well. Get her out of the Back Streets and preferably to Laguna, if not, make sure Cortana at least is aware of her before we drop her off anywhere.

First one is definitely Land of Colored Winds, I would put the second one in the trash compactor on the WALL-E space ship, third seems like Olympus, fourth puts me in the mind of a Pokemon world, with a Day Care center and a gooey creature in residence (Ditto breeding!), and the last one makes me think Agrabah, but a sandy desert doesn't do us much good for reference points.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JamestheFox » July 8th, 2017, 9:21 pm

oog:

Alright, votecount is... pretty solidly unaminous. Let's do this.

ig:

Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"Traverse Town. It's..." You think about your description. "... it's a safe place. C'mon, we'll take you to the mayor. He can fill you in."

Amy nods, and walks with you as you make your way through the Back Alleys. "It looks kinda... beat up."

"Well, it did get attacked, but we made it through okay." You scratch the back of your head.

"Having the strongest refugees in the universe makes it hard for anything not the Heartless to beat us," Riku says.

"Heartless?" She asks. "... Wait, refugees?"

Riku pauses, unsure of what to say. "... Yeah," Riku lets out. "You've seen them, right? The shadows?"

Amy frowns. "... I think so. The monsters that attacked the city... there were so many... We gathered the Chaos Emeralds, hoping for a miracle, but not even Sonic could..." She trails off, and stops walking. "... Wait, what about Sonic? Is he okay? He-"

You look away, reflexively. "I... don't think so." You know he didn't make it. He gave everything for them.

Maybe... that Heartless inside the ring's world was him?

"... What about my friends? Cream? Tails?" she looks desperately between you.

The group shuffles a bit, not sure what to say. She blinks a few times, and you can see tears begin to form.

Music:
Sonic 06 - His World (Sadness Version)

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » July 9th, 2017, 9:14 am

With Tempest on SV.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 15th, 2017, 8:48 pm

oog: My oh my, it's been a while. Sorry about that. School and work has been punching me in the face. But I think I have everything somewhat back in order, so onwards!

ig:

Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You step forward. "I don't know for sure, but maybe... maybe what happened with you happened to the others?"

"... Then there's no time to waste," Amy says, wiping her eyes. When her hands come away, her eyes are filled with determination. "Sonic would come for us... So I'll have to give it my all and help him, too." She gets into a ready stance, before dashing off at high speed.

"Wait! You should-" Riku calls out, but it's too late. She's... fast.

Run Challenge Results:
Sora, Kairi, Donald, Goofy: Auto-Fail
Riku: Run Rank 4, 3d6=7. Fail.
Riku is the only one among you who could even hope to come close to how fast she was going. And that, it seems, is a vague hope.

Riku stares after her. "... Well, this sucks. Where do you she thinks she's going?"

"My guess is she'll scour the town looking for her friends," Kairi says. "With that kind of speed, I know that's what I'd do."

Donald nods. "Let's get into Cortana's view, we'll explain what's going on to her, and hope that maybe she can reach Amy."

You nod, and follow the party out of the Back Alleys. Was that the right choice? Maybe you should have been more specific, more certain... You shake your head. There's no way you can know how she'd have reacted to that, either.

"... And then she ran off," Riku says.

"I can see. I'm trying to predict her movements as we speak. She is quite fast."

"Sorry bout that."

"It's alright. This is far from the first time new arri- inbound, prepare fo- have caused trouble. We'll find her, and make sure she's alright. You did go-od, soldiers."

After Cortana ceases communication, Donald looks about. "Well, what now?"

Traverse Town Missions:
Mirages and Munny: Something's up at the Fourth District... Some kind of new attraction?
Traverse Town, Act 2: I'm still worried about Amy, maybe I should meet up with her when she ends up at the Mayor's Office?
To The Next Adventure: I think we're done for now, we should make ready to head on out.

Music:
Sonic 06 - His World (Sadness Version)

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » September 16th, 2017, 9:14 am

oog: Well... That could have gone better. What was the rank of that challenge, anyway?

ig: Traverse Town, Act 2. Let's finish what we started.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 18th, 2017, 9:52 pm

oog:
Well... That could have gone better. What was the rank of that challenge, anyway?
The Run Challenge was Rank 6, two ranks above Riku. If he had gotten a perfect 18, he could have given chase. Everyone else had no chance. What were you expecting from Sonic characters?

ig:
Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

You cross your arms. "... I'd like to go back to the Mayor's office."

"Huh?"

"You know, I'm just worried about her."

Goofy nods. "Sure. I'm a little worried, too."

The five of you make for the Fountain Plaza. It's a mess - the fountain's badly damaged, and debris is everywhere. Most of the lightposts are dead, some snapped like twigs. You step over one of the machine soldiers Brainiac had sent down here. You can't help but remember the first time you saw the fountain, in the company of Mary Poppins.

No bands are gonna show up to play here for a while...

Why would someone willingly cause so much destruction?

The inside of the Mayor's House is far more disorganized than usual. Laguna and Merlin are inspecting papers attached to the walls with strange symbols on them.

"They should work for quite a while yet," Merlin says. "But of course I'm sure you'll want your wall space back eventually."

"Hmm. I'm actually considering moving my office to the Bunker - it's got more room for me to work. Maybe I'll see about making this a dedicated communal dorm for new residents. We'll have to move everything, of course, but it'll pay off-"

"Speaking of new residents," Riku asks, making you known. "Has Cortana found Amy?"

Cortana answers. "Yes. I'm currently directing her here - though she just went into an area I can't monitor. ETA's about... 30 seconds."

You nod, and look outside. Sure enough, a pink blur leaps from a rooftop and lands in front of the Fountain. She strikes a pose, before coming to a resting stance and looking around.

"Hello? Is this the right spot?"

"Yeah!" You call out. "Right over here!"

Amy walks over. "You guys again..."

"You alright?"

"Yeah, I guess so... I looked all over town, though, and I couldn't find any of my friends..."

Wow, she is fast.

"You're pretty fast, if you've seen everything already," Laguna says. "Guess I don't have to give you a big tour."

"Hehe!" Amy does a quick twirl. "Just wait til I find Sonic, he'd have seen this whole town, and then some by now."

You shuffle a bit awkwardly.

"Well, there's not really much here, outside of the town," Merlin says. "Our world's boundaries end at the outer walls."

"Oh," Amy says. "Hmmm. Then what's a girl gotta do to get to another world? There some kind of portal or something?"

"We use a ship," Riku says. "Maybe you could come with us-"

"Oh no. Absolutely not!" Donald says.

"Why not?" Riku asks.

"Our orders were clear - we're only supposed to bring the Keybearers with us," Donald says. "There's no way we're taking anyone else with us! Right, Goofy?"

"Uhhhh-" Goofy raises his arms up to his chest. He obviously doesn't want any part of this argument.

"Come on!" Riku says. "If her friends are out there, we should help her find them!"

"What are the chances they even ended up on other worlds? Traverse Town is where all the refugees from all the worlds end up in," Donald says. "Even if they are on other worlds, is it even likely we'll even bump into the worlds they're on? There's as many out there as there are stars in the sky!"

"Actually, it should be pretty easy!" Amy says, pulling out the gemstone from before. "Tails once told me that the Chaos Emeralds have the power to attract each other. Maybe we can use that to find out where my friends are!"

"That still doesn't answer my first question. Your friends had to have landed in Traverse Town..." he sighs. "... if they landed at all."
Actually...
Amy doesn't seem to like the thought of that, and appears to be thinking of a response. "... W-well, there's always Chaos Control." Amy says after a few moments, puffing up with confidence. "The Chaos Emeralds allow you to manipulate time and space, if you know how. I've seen people teleport themselves or others across large distances, and Shadow even mentioned enough Emeralds could take you through time. Sonic had all seven, so... there's no telling what he could have done." She crosses her arms, smirking smugly. "Maybe I just landed in here of all worlds by dumb luck!"

"Even if that were the case, we couldn't have you running off every time you think a world might have your friends!" Donald squawks. "It's too big a risk. Especially considering you've proven we couldn't catch you if you ran off on a whim! So sorry, but the answer's no!"

Amy's smug look drops with every word Donald says. She closes her eyes, hands drooping to her side. Then she grits her teeth and glares at Donald. "Then what am I supposed to do? Just give up on them!?" You spot her blink back some tears.

Donald frowns at her reaction, rubbing his temples. "Aww, phooey... Look, lady-"

Goofy steps between the two of them, stopping Donald. "Gwarsh, it's not that we don't want to help you... We just have to protect the world border and..."

"Order!" Donald says. He seems to have calmed down a little. "At any rate, it's like Goofy says. We'd help, but we have our orders, too... We'd be getting into lots of trouble, bringing you along."

Riku looks at you, and whispers. "Sora, now would be a great time to have a Vision. Maybe we can help her..."

Music:
Sonic 06 - Stage Clear and Results
My Sweet Passion - Sir J 'Who Dat?' REMIX (PG Version)

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 18th, 2017, 10:03 pm

We really can't get in the habit of trying to bring side characters with us, the cast is big enough as it is. Without mentioning our Vision, I'd say something about how if she thinks the Chaos Emeralds might have saved her friends, she shouldn't give up hope. We can't bring her with us, but we can promise to look for them, and bring them back to Traverse Town if we find them.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Quests