KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 20th, 2017, 11:09 pm

This time, let's start... with time.

Nobody understands how time works. The End. Lore bit over!

Oh, you want more? Very well, I suppose I can spare a moment.

Time and Time Travel have been heavily studied, but more questions have been found than answers. It's been found, for instance, that time travel is both insanely rare and insanely common.

"How can this be?" you might ask. Well, willing time travel, of the kind you might actually define as time travel, is fairly rare. However, time travel is extremely common amongst world-travelers. There's a well-documented theory that simply entering a world involves at least a little time travel.

This is called the Theory of Time Disassociation: in layman's terms, if you pick two different worlds, there's a good chance that time works differently between them. The flow of time is different, and methods used to perform time travel don't usually work in worlds other than their source. Homura Akemi's shield, Barry Allen's shattering of the Time Barrier (though this also doesn't work for unrelated reasons - physics in general don't always follow the same rules, and The Speed Force isn't universal), and countless other methods of time travel cease to function when removed from where they came from. KHVD's version of The Doctor isn't quite the time traveler he was in Doctor Who's canon.

Despite the different flows of time, often to a massive degree, nobody seems to actually notice time travel. Experiments have been theorized and carried out, however... well, for instance, take the exercise below:

Two individuals enter World A via different vessels. One has been there before, fairly recently in fact. The other hasn't.

According to their theory, the one that has visited before will arrive in that world approximately the same number of days later from their last visit as they have experienced since their last visit. The other guy? No one knows for sure when in that world's time he will end up arriving.

Either way, both will leave said world after the same amount of time. Theoretically, they will both exit into the Space Between at around the same time, a set amount of time after they entered.

This can be somewhat confusing, especially considering the following conflicting facts:
  1. There are respectable, reliable sources giving anecdotes of exactly this happening.
  2. This doesn't happen when the experiment is actually performed. Ever. Instead, the two enter and arrive at about the same time and place.
It has been theorized that worlds are sentient, and send visitors to where and when the world wants them to be. This has been used as rhetoric for anti-World-Order platforms: "this Closed World's putting me at specific times and places, where people are likely to be affected by my actions, thus it's giving me consent to muck about as I please." It's also been slammed because, if this is the case, why aren't intruders who are dangerous (like the Heartless) being flung to the literal end of time (or somewhen else that they pose little threat)?

It is known for sure that worlds don't all have time flowing at the same rate because of known instances of massive time difference happening. Take the following, for instance:

One notable world developed and launched its first inter-world ship in, according to its calendar, 3262 ED. It returned a few days after the first launch, then left again a few days later. It developed and launched its second inter-world ship in 3281 ED. It ended up meeting its predecessor, whose calendars still only counted 3264 ED.

The ships panickedly returned home after this, obviously, and both arrived in the same time period, in 3281 ED.

It has been noted, interestingly enough, that worlds that have been opened and are interacting with each other seem to have times of about the same speed. It has even been documented (usually by hobbyists, their methods were less than properly scientific) that the flow of time in a world can be shifted.

One especially notable mode of time some worlds have is... well, scientists rightly call them "timeless." Days come and go, but nothing ever actually changes. Nobody grows older, nobody dies or is born, the status quo never changes. Intruders messing with these worlds have caused serious mayhem, but in most cases, the world has been observed to slowly shift back into the original status quo.

However, there is a limit to this, though nobody really wants to ascertain exactly where that line is. Considering that crossing it has caused massive, irreparable damage to these worlds, they have good reason to be worried.

Mages follow the following rules when dealing with time magic and time travelers:
  1. Never talk about time travel.
  2. Never talk about time travel.
  3. If a time traveler tells you to do something, you do it. No questions asked, see rules 1 and 2.
  4. Never, ever screw with the "Status Quo."
  5. Always respect Time. It is one of the few forces nobody really gets, and it has a massive amount of control over your existence.
If they knew about Porky Minch, mages would point to him as what can happen when you don't respect Time. Dude has figured out universally applicable time travel, and he's turned into an immortal-yet-infinitely-old insane manchild because of it. That said, his singular mastery over time most definitely makes him a larger threat than others may expect.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Character Bio: Lex Luthor
Supergenius Billionaire Inventor. The very symbol of the Self-Made-Man, Luthor climbed the mountain from poverty at a young age to forge what is now one of the finest tech-developing companies among Open Worlds. His company covers many fields, but generally leads in the fields of human enhancement (Making humans just a LITTLE more durable, or smarter, etc.), weaponry, city planning, and agriculture. He admires the mortal power to work together and overcome their own limits through knowledge and ambition, and has developed grants and charities to help others rise up as he has.

Superman gained his ire at first, but it quickly mellowed, especially after learning of his origins, with the “Metropolis Trio” consisting of Superman, Lex, and Lois quickly becoming well known for consistently tackling Metropolis’ problems from every angle possible. He does have issues with people and weapons that function only based on unreplicable, unexplainable “Magic,” though.

He has a handful of contacts in high places, and is friendly pen pals with one Queen Minnie. When the Justice League was formed, he helped develop the Watchtower, a space station capable of surviving in the Space Between, and had it set between the worlds the League protects, to serve as their central base. Since the Heartless Crisis began, he’s been adding to it, turning it, slowly, into the first entirely artificial “world,” just in case the League fails and their worlds’ people need a refuge.

Character Bio: Bruce Wayne
AKA: Batman, The Dark Knight

At the tender age of 8, Bruce Wayne watched his parents die. Since then, he’s become obsessed with criminology and justice. Even at an early age, he began studying the tools he would someday use as The Batman: starting with simple parlor tricks, stealth, and sleight of hand, he eventually began traveling his world, as well as a handful of others, learning martial arts and other combat techniques. This genius detective returned to Gotham, finding it in an even worse state than when he left, and took on the mantle of the Dark Knight to prey upon the minds of the superstitious, cowardly criminals plaguing his home.

He is a genius, and his tactics and intuition turned his father’s company, Wayne Enterprises, into one of the great titans in science and technology. Though his company dabbles in a little of everything (often cooperating with nearby Lexcorp), they are most well known for their medicine, security, transportation (their “Javelin” line is one of the finer Space Between-worthy vessels out there, for sheer cost-to-effectiveness ratio (Gummi Ships are expensive to build, but are easy to build and extremely adaptable and upgradable, making them amazing vessels).) Wayne Enterprises worked with Lexcorp to create the Watchtower, and the two are always working to improve it, especially now that there’s the chance that their worlds’ residents may need to live there someday.

His paranoia has resulted in him developing plans to defeat almost every person he knows, using simple tools at his disposal. He is still working on trying to find a definitive weakness in the Heartless and the known members of the VoaS (he feels they haven’t shown enough of their powers to give him a solid feel of their weaknesses and limits).

Note: the Batjet/mobile is also capable of traveling through the Space Between. Yes, it changes forms between jet and car.

If you have lore questions or suggestions for topics (including character and world bios), please feel free to let me know.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 27th, 2017, 8:35 pm

oog:
Apologies for the long wait. Returning to college, which hit me like a truck this semester. Have also been refining the KHT system a great deal. I would recommend looking through the manual in the near future.

Last I checked, we had a tie as far as votes go, so I'm gonna hold off on progressing the plot. That said, we also had two votes for a Vision, and only one against. I'll again remind everyone that you usually can't perform a Guided Vision on triggers - they and invisitext are generally exclusively the purview of an Unguided Vision, unless they are a person, place, or thing. Sentences people say can also be used for Guided Visions, but if they're a trigger, the Guided Vision may produce different results than the Unguided Vision would.

ig:
Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

Unguided Vision:
Spoiler: show
You see yourself walking into a rather mystical-looking room, with purple and pink drapes lining the walls. In the center, you see Amy at a table, with a bunch of cards in hand.

"Hey there, Sora, care to have your fortune read? My tarot cards have never led me astray!"

You nod, and sit at her table. As she lays out the cards, your gaze comes close to your vision-self's face, and you can see the cards reflected off your eyes... which suddenly begin to glow.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

You see a vast battlefield, with attacks that shatter the very earth itself flying about like waves on the ocean.

"Why is this happening...?" You hear a voice ask, as though in your ear. Your gaze moves suddenly, revealing a lithe young man with a Keyblade, among countless other youths with their own keys. You recognize him as Haru, the zipper-clad redhead from the mountains so very like your islands. You notice that he's no longer wearing the Crown Chain. "Wasn't this what we were fighting to stop?"

"Maybe it's because we fought." A small figure stands on his shoulder, looking for all the world like you, but with your proportions squished together in an oddly adorable way. He grimaces as the boy leaps away from a cyclone of dark fire. "Maybe everything we did was for nothing... Maybe we-"

"No! We have to find the Keyblade, and put it back where it belongs. Then maybe things will be okay!"

"Haru, wait a minute! More fighting isn't going to solve anything!"

"We don't have time, Sora!" He raises his Keyblade as a number of fighters approach him. "Try this!" Water erupts around him, and turns into a tidal wave flickering with droplets of liquid darkness. "Be crushed by the sea!"

Sora looks among those ahead of them, and his eyes widen. "Wait, Haru-"

The wave crashes forward, catching people by the tens... no, hundreds... no...

You're certain that that tidal wave could have swallowed Destiny Islands whole. As it fades away, countless bodies hit the floor. Some of them start to fade as their hearts float away. Their Keyblades embed themselves in the loam. Haru rushes among them, only to skid to a halt, seeing among the drowned someone he recognizes.

"Sis!" He rushes to Puella, the pigtailed young girl you saw in Haru's company back on the mountain. She's in different garb, more extravagant than the sundress she wore before, and there's a white catlike thing woozily trying to get up - you recognize it from a few visions you had of Lightning and Serah. She shudders, and gets back up. "Gods, I- I'm so sorry. Are you-"

"Didn't... didn't Master tell you, over and over, to look where you're attacking?" The girl gets up, and looks at a gemstone on her hip, which is murky with darkness. "I'll be okay. Incu, gem me."

The white creature, Incu, dives into a knapsack she's carrying on her back, and pulls out some kind of Lucid material, which he presses against the gem. With a strange light from the creature, the darkness is extracted, and absorbed into the Lucid material, staining it a deep black. It tosses the material aside, and takes a look into the bag from atop Puella's head. "Our supplies are almost depleted, we should probably flee-" A hand comes up to pat him.

Puella smiles. "Don't tell me you're getting scared, now, too?" She looks towards the location where the fighting is denser. "Is that where-"

A massive explosion rocks the world, sending both bearers stumbling back. A beam bursts from the core of the battle, scorching hordes of bearers, and punching a hole through a nearby mountain. You watch as a Keybearer fires the beam from some kind of giant weapon - it looks like someone welded two Keyblades together in an X-shape, and formed a sword from where they crisscross. His laughter is cut short as he is stabbed in the back by another bearer, who claims the weapon for her own.

"Such power..." Incu mutters, stunned.

"The Keyblade's power," Puella replies. "That's where we're heading."

"I'm with Incu, you head back, get as far away from here as possible."

She shakes her head. "This is as much my duty as it is yours, big bro." Before he can respond, she runs off, towards the battle.

"Wait!" Haru gives chase, as your gaze shifts upward, to the ominously glowing heart-shaped moon above. Darkness swirls about it, and clouds begin to gather around it...
⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘χ⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Music:
Black Powder (KHBBS)

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Command Chainer
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 13th, 2018, 9:17 pm

oog:
AHHHH AFTER THREE MONTHS I'M FREE! TIME TO WRITE KHVD!

Alright, you guys wanna get out of Traverse Town for a bit? Let's make that happen.

ig:
Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"... Well, you can leave it to us!"

"Huh?" Amy looks at you, confused.

"Maybe we can't bring you with us, but..."

"Well, it is our job to protect the World Order, right?" Kairi says. "If your friends are out there, then we gotta get them out of there, and over here is better than nowhere." She looks at Donald. "Right?"

Donald sighs. "Well, yeah."

"Then it's settled!" You grin. "We'll find your friends, don't worry about it! And hey, if those things attract each other, then maybe if you stay here they'll come to you!"

Riku crosses his arms, giving you a knowing look. "... I know that tone. We've got this."

Amy looks between the five of you, unable to answer properly. You put your hand out.

"You can trust us on this."

She sighs. "You're not really giving me much choice..." She puts her hand in yours, and the two of you shake hands.

---------------

After settling Amy down in a temporary room in the building, Laguna returns to you. "Sorry all that happened. We shouldn't have to depend on you for stuff like this."

"Well, who else can you depend on?" Riku says. "We're happy to help."

Donald taps his foot. "We really should be on our way, though. Especially since we've got even more on our plate."

The five of you head out, making your way for the Gummi Garage.

"So, you had a Vision, right?" Riku asks. "We've got this, right?"

"Riku, we don't 'got' anything," Kairi says, not unkindly. "Remember, Sora's Visions can be wrong."

You think back to the battle with the Star Tiger, and shudder, oddly in unison with Kairi, even as Donald grimaces.

"But they've led us the right way more than a few times," Riku retorts. "I think if Sora saw something, we should at least check it out. Besides, he hasn't even explained what he saw."

Kairi frowns a bit at that. "I'm not arguing against that, but we should be a little more careful. And we probably shouldn't go around telling everyone about his Visions, either. What if, I don't know... one of the bad guys hear?"

"... I guess you've got a point," Riku admits. "But... I mean, it might be a bit late for that. A lot of Traverse Town already knows, I think. It's only a matter of time now."

Kairi frowns at that. "Only a better reason to keep things secret... the more we talk about them out in the open, the more likely the wrong person will hear about them."

You grimace. You'd been having some of the same thoughts, and it had stayed your tongue. In fact, it was eerie how similar her words were to your own thoughts.

You find yourself lost in those thoughts until you're safely aboard the Gummi Ship.

"So, uh. Sora. Sora, come down from the clouds. The earth needs you." Riku wakes you from your reverie. You find yourself snickering at his wording. "You gonna tell us what you saw?"

You consider for a bit, and pass along what you saw in your recent Vision of Amy's friends.

"So Amy's friends are like she is, but on other worlds. You didn't see that Sonic guy, though?"

You shake your head.

"Then maybe we'll find him later..?"

"Yeah." You sigh as you walk into the command room, looking over the "map" of the multiverse. "I know one's in Pocahontas' World-"

You are suddenly assailed by vertigo, and your gaze darts between specific points on the map - specific worlds - as your Visions fill your senses for the briefest of moments...

Vision
You see a tall, green bird with white whings squawking about on the edge of a cliff. "IT'S COMING! DOOM AND DESTRUCTION FROM THE STARS! THE OTHERWORLDERS! THE OTHERWORLDERS ARE THE OMEN! THE OTHERWORLDERS ARE SA-" He falls off the cliff. "AIIIEEEEEEEEE"

Two other strange creatures - a monster with a lilypad on its head, and a rather fat-looking one, look at each other worriedly.

"Doom and destruction from the stars? That's... that's real bad."

"We gotta warn everyone!"

As the two run off, you see three creatures - a ghostly purple creature, a snake, and a limber-looking one. They look at each other, grin, and run off.

You hear a distant squawking, and zoom down the cliff to see the bird, mostly unharmed. "I'M OKAY, IF ANYONE MEANS TO ASK! AS I WAS SHOUTING - THE OTHERWORLDERS ARE SALVATION! OMEN AND SALVATION! WE MUST GAIN THEIR AID!"

Your gaze then tilts upwards, and you can see a strange, tiny orb pulse ominously in the sunset sky...

--------------

It is dark as night, and you can hear the rumble of thunder, and a heartbeat that threatens to burst from its bearer's chest. You're in some kind of cityscape, but all lights are out - you can only see by the light of the storm.

Through the gloom, you spy Kairi, picking herself up off the ground. She cries out a bit, stumbling mid-rise, and clutches her rib with a hand. She carefully moves her free hand to her neck, as though checking for something, and then lets her hand fall to her side as she carefully makes her way to a wall, her breath ragged and rough. She looks like she's at the tail end of a long battle, but you see none of her usual equipment on her. Her clothes are not her own, and she appears unarmed.

She leans against the wall, and looks to her left. Your gaze follows her own, and you see a sight that alarms you - Maleficent, the leader of the Heartless. You calm a bit, as you notice that the villain lays defeated, and seems to be burning away, leaving only her robe behind. Your gaze returns to Kairi, and she bites back a cry of pain as she tries to move.
Lightning strikes, and your Vision flickers.
She pulls herself away from the wall, and starts to limp away from the battlefield. "... Sora, Riku... Donald, Goofy... I'm... I'm coming... I'll..."

Your last view of her is framed by lightning.

"I'll save you guys... No matter what..."

-----------

You see what is recognizably the Space Between, swirling and changing in its oh-so-beautiful way... and then a strange mechanical set of... you're fairly sure those are eyes appear. Your gaze moves away, and you see that it is clinging tightly to the outside of a ship. It is glancing about, awkwardly and curiously, until its sight settles on a lone, much larger vessel. Darkness clings to the outside, but there is a brightness coming from within - the ship does not appear to be compromised.

The robot looks down, through some glass, into the ship it is riding upon. Inside you can see several white, hyper-smooth podlike objects locked into place. One of them, the one your Vision focuses on, has a strange green glowing circle on it, pulsing like a heartbeat. The light emphasizes a plant-like shape within the circle.

"Evvvveeea."
All remaining Sector 1 World Identities Revealed! Pokemon Village Identified!

The Axiom, the Sector 1 Exit, has appeared! As a vessel itself, it may move about. Check its last known location to track it down!

Select your Destination from the Gummi Map.

Music:
First Breath Concert: Traverse Town
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red/Blue Rescue Team: Great Canyon
Kingdom Hearts 2: Hesitation
Wall-E: The Axiom

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 14th, 2018, 5:57 pm

James Report 10: The SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Between

The Space Between is huge, and twisted, and warpy. Both the map you use out-of-game and the in-universe "map" on the Gummi Ship are abstractions of the true shape of the multiverse, which is very, very hard for normal people to grasp. So most maps of the Space Between are estimates, records of routes that will get you to where you're going. This also means there are worlds in this sector that you cannot see on the map, and may never actually bump into, because the navigators can't find a path to them with their current understanding of how the multiverse works.

This has resulted in a lot of ships simply getting lost, and ships departing from newly opened worlds can go years, centuries, or even longer without ever finding anything else, giving the impression that, in fact, the universe is empty. This massive twisting void is also suffused in Darkness, which can easily corrupt people through vessels whose hulls are not resistant to it. Tis a lucky world that manages a successful voyage on the first try, usually by having natural materials that resist Darkness and having a way to track their location relative to home.

There are a few ways to travel through the Space Between, of course, other than simply using a spaceship. Keyblade Wielders made use of special armor created through unique synthesis techniques passed down through generations, and flew through the multiverse atop their Keyblades. It was said their navigational abilities and education were the greatest in existence, allowing them to travel paths that got them where they were going much faster than many other vessels. Their knowledge, however, died with them.

More worryingly, those who are aligned with the Darkness may prove willing to create "corridors" through the Space Between, temporarily molding and shaping the Darkness around them to create extremely quick paths through the Space Between, even from one world to another.

Former Keyblade Master Yen Sid made use of a unique artifact that, while prone to taking its carrier for a ride at its own whims, seems to know the absolute fastest routes from one world to another, and can protect the wearer for the brief periods they spend between worlds. The artifact has since been passed down to King Mickey Mouse.

Green Lanterns protect themselves from and propel themselves through the Darkness using the power of their Rings. The Star Command Tactical Starlight Action Bureau makes use of special "Barrier Jackets" that convert magical energy into a film that protects them while in the Space Between.

Communication between worlds is fairly difficult because of the massive distance between worlds, and so many worlds still have to send emissaries from one place to another. It takes extraordinary masters of their field of magic, often with great magic reserves, to achieve feats such as direct telepathy, projection of the self, or tracking from a world away. Canonical feats like Maleficent's scrying upon Sora and Company, or Xehanort talking to Terra directly, bespeak a mastery of magic and the darkness that frankly terrifies most sane men.

There are multiple entities, however, who are working on such long distance communication from a technological standpoint, but the current method - placing relays in the Space Between to transmit data - has proven less than effective, as they inevitably are destroyed by the natural inhabitants of the Space Between (or pirates), obliterated by the 'weather' patterns, or simply drift too far away from their intended location to remain useful. Despite that, the set of worlds whose greatest heroes call themselves The Justice League have managed a fairly stable network within most of their dominion, and their experiments are slowly but surely inspiring similar projects in other sectors of the multiverse. However, the cost of such endeavors is painfully high, even for some of the richest entities in the multiverse.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 14th, 2018, 9:34 pm

ig:
Day 54
Traverse Town
Time - Endless Night

"Sora?" Kairi calls you from your reverie. "What was..."

"Another Vision?" Riku asks.

"Y-yeah." Kairi... what on earth led to... "It's... it's nothing."

Nobody looks convinced.

"A-anyway. Where are we heading next?" You look between the three points on the map that your eyes had focused on during your Vision. Plus, you consider Pocahontas' world - that's where one of Amy's friends are supposed to be.

"Well, actually," Chip starts, "We've been talking, and we were considering reporting to home before we continue on our way."

Donald nods. "We've learned an awful lot since we started. We know the King's run off to the Realm of Darkness, and we've found what he wanted us to find, and we know how to do what he wants us to do. The Queen will want to hear of all this."

"Plus, it would be a great morale boost for the crew," Goofy says. "Just visiting home for a little bit, checking on loved ones, that sort of thing." He crosses his arms. "If we're going to be going much further than here, this may be the last good chance we have for a while to do that." You, Riku, and Kairi look amongst yourselves, and Goofy looks guilty, before hammering a fist into a hand. "And you guys will be able to have a bit of break, too! There's not a safer place in the worlds than Disney Kingdom, and especially Disney Town and Disney Castle."

The three of you cheer up a little.

"Sir!" You hear a squeaky but gruff voice over the ship intercom system. "We've got someone at the entrance, wanting to speak with Riku? Says she wanted to say goodbye to her... heh, boyfriend, if we're leaving soon!"

Riku jerks into an upright posture at that, pink as his girlfriend's hair. "Heheh. Guess I should check in, one last time." He turns and walks out of the room, before breaking into a sprint.

"She's got him good," Kairi says, looking a little relaxed and more than a little smug.

You snigger. Donald laughs out loud.

"Gwarsh, almost as good as Daisy has you, Donald!"

"Wahaha-Wack!?"

"Daisy?" You swear you've heard her name before.

"Donald's sweetheart!" Chip says with a big grin. "She's got him at her mercy, just watch!"

"Wack-ack!"

"Man, I'd love to see that!"

"Awwwww."

You all laugh as Donald sighs, grumbling under his breath.

[Riku and Donald gained a Disposition: The Ladies' Chewtoy.]

---------------

Day 55
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

Today, you and the others decided to try something different.

"A-a-alright, everyone!" Kairi shouts out, wearing a rather military-looking hard-hat. "Fighting is about strategy!"

"Aye aye!"

"Fighting is about strength!"

"Aye aye!"

"But more than those... Fighting is about SPIRIT! I want to see your spirit shine on the battleground!"

"AYE AYE!"

"You b-better aye aye! Now d-drop and give me t-twenty!"

"Sheesh, she's very, uh... fired up today," you mutter to Riku.

"And don't think I didn't see you snatch that extra pastry, Sora! You're gonna be working that off today!"

"Meh, twenty isn't that much..." Riku says, rolling his eyes. "Maybe... someone else should have played coach."

"Eh," Donald says. "Sometimes its in teaching others that you learn the most. It'll be a good experience."

-------

"So, u-um, the way Pillar Magic works is... um..."

Donald is paying close attention as Kairi lectures regarding what she's learned about combat magic. Despite him having to correct her a few times throughout the lecture, she's doing a pretty decent job of explaining the nuances of the different kinds of combat magic. He certainly seems pretty proud of her.

Honestly, if you had been paying more attention to what she was saying as opposed to the way her eyes shone in the dimmed lighting of the training room, you might have learned more than you did.

-------

It was supposed to be a simple training exercise.

PEW

"AIIIEEEEEE"

Just dodge and evade Kairi's spells for three minutes. That's all.

PEW

"WHOA WHOA-"

No fighting, no dealing with multiple opponents. Just... evading fire from a foe you couldn't (or rather, weren't allowed to) attack.

PEWPEWPEWPEW

"YAAAAAHHHOOOOOO-OOOO-OOOOOEEEEEEEE"

You duck behind some cover made as part of the training area's combat simulation systems, and find yourself next to Donald Duck.

"Well, at least she's used to her Limit," he laughs nervously. "We just need to wait her out, and then-" He pauses, and stares behind you.

You slowly turn around to see a strangely empty-seeming orb drifting into view. It swivels a bit, until what most certainly is a reticle zeroes in on you.

"Uhh."

PEWPEWPEW

-------------

Honestly, it wasn't that bad an experience. Kairi seemed a bit more confident in her knowledge and skills, and the rest of you learned not to underestimate a girl who can rain deadly light upon you.

Kairi used the Dojo-G, and tutored the Party Members using Training-G!
Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy used the Training-G!
Sora gained 24 EXP!
Riku gained 38 EXP!
Donald gained 17 EXP!
Goofy gained 41 EXP!
Kairi trained 4 people, and got 4d6 EXP! She gained 14 EXP!

Day 56
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

That newfound confidence must have really helped Kairi in her self-study, because she is positively glowing as you rejoin her after a long day poking at the mysterious materials outside of the Highwind.

As you and Riku trade stories of weird multi-colored jellyfish that called the rock you were mining on home for tales of Kairi's latest tricks with wind magic, Donald and Goofy size up the sticky block of Gummi material the four of you worked together to find.

Kairi used the Training-G!
Kairi gained 29 EXP!

Sora, Riku, Donald, and Goofy used the Lucky Strike-G!
Goofy found a Gummi-G, and added it to Vault-G 1!

Day 57
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

As you walk by the windows in the morning, you spy a sight you've never seen before. Other vessels, in droves, flying nearby and towards the same destination as you.

You stop and stare. They seem to be keeping their distance, both from you and each other, keeping a steady pace. Riku and Kairi come out of their rooms, questioning your focus on the outside, but soon remain as locked to the wall as you, staring at the many different kinds of vessels flying alongside you.

"Ah, we must've made it," Donald says as he looks out the windows. He yawns.

"Who are they?" Riku asks.

"Hmmm. I don't see any of our ships out there..." Donald says, giving each of them a calculating look. "The Four Elemental Nations... Remnant... Ingary..." He shakes his head. "Tourists and immigrants, I think."

"Tourists and immigrants?" Kairi asks, trying the second word out.

"Yeah. People who are here to sightsee, and... well, people who want to move in."

"Huh," Riku says. "So they're here because they want to live on other worlds?"

"Well, more likely because they don't want to live on their homeworld," Donald says. "When you're stuck on a world that's overwhelmingly populated with freaky animals that want to murder the entire sentient species, of course anywhere else is gonna sound far better..."

You can't help but pause at that. If there had been the option to leave... how many people would stay on the Destiny Islands? Surely most people would prefer a world without Sea Monsters. It... hadn't fully occurred to you yet that that could happen, that you could come home, to your islands, regale your parents with the stories of your adventures, and see them simply pack their bags, and insist on you taking them somewhere else, away from the terrors of the sea, away from the monsters, away from... everything.

The thought fills you with dismay.

"... and nowhere's further better than Disney's Kingdom," Donald finishes. "We have one of the lowest crime rates in the world, we're safer from the Heartless than most any world, and we do our best to give everyone who lives here the best life we can... what?" He looks confused at your internal struggle. From what you can tell, Riku and Kairi appear conflicted as well. "Aw, cheer up, guys, what's wrong?"

Music:
Gummi Ship Rhapsody

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer

oog:
Cheer up, Sora! You're going to the happiest place on earth!

Alas, no Dream Visions this time.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 16th, 2018, 5:21 pm

ig:
Day 57
The Highwind
Time - Twinkle Twinkle

You stare out at the other ships. "Just thinking about how our home was full of terrifying monsters that wanted to kill us."

Donald flinches at that, looking distinctly uncomfortable. "Hahaha. Sorry bout that."

You shrug. "It's alright. All things considered, things were okay."
Were they? Riku's mom lost her leg... and you lost your uncle.
"Ahhh."
Did she have to? Did you have to?
"Anyway, you said we're supposed to meet the Queen, right?"

"Yeah, that's the big item on our list," Donald says.

"Well, umm. How are we supposed to act? I mean, Kairi's a Princess, and all, and the Mayor's daughter back home. So we kinda understand how to talk to authority figures, but this sounds..."

"Different?" Riku supplies.

"Yeah."

"Well, yeah, you gotta be polite to the queen. No 'hey what's up' or anything like that," Donald says. "You don't have to act too subservient, I think. You're not exactly her subjects after all. But you should still call her 'Your Majesty' the first time you meet her, and subsequently 'ma'am...' A short bow should be enough. Kairi, do you know how to curtsey?"

"Not... really? I just kinda... followed that one girl's movements, that one time..." Kairi frowns. "Who was I bowing to again?"

Riku and Donald shrug.

"I think I remember that, a little," Donald starts. "But... I'm as dumbfounded as you. Wait, there was another girl there?" He pauses. "... Never mind, I can barely remember any of that-" He pauses again, and starts to panic. "Oh no, we never tutored you on proper manners or how to act at the dinner table or how best to ask something of the queen or-" He starts to devolve into a million little aspects of how to act in the company of royalty, until Goofy steps into view and catches Donald by the shoulder.

"Gwarsh, Donald, calm down." He looks at the three of you. "Don't worry too much about it."

"But it's the Queen-!"

"I'm sure things will be fine. She'll understand, as long as Riku and the others try their best to be polite."

Donald lets out a long groan.

-----------

The Highwind arrives at the garage, and as you step out you realize once again just how different things are. Unlike any of the Closed Worlds you've been to, or even Traverse Town, this port is huge, and incredibly busy for it. Several floors exist, with elevators and walkways for passengers of other ships to depart. You notice that your section of the dock is relatively empty - it seems to be reserved for... citizens of the world? Royal servants? Beats you.

There is a song playing distantly throughout the room, oddly adding to the welcoming feel of the port.

"W-ow..."

"Flight 7203 for Remnant will be departing in five minutes, kupo! If you're leaving us, please make sure your luggage is secure! We hope you have had a magical time with us here at Disney's Kingdom!"

There are so many people, more than you've even seen in one place, even in all of Traverse Town combined.

"Come on, Sora," Goofy calls out, walking alongside Riku and Kairi, who while similarly distracted are keeping pace with him and Donald. Goofy and Donald have changed outfits slightly, wearing something that appears to be a bit more formal, and less meant for travel. "And be careful not to step on anyone!"

You look down to see the crew scurrying across the floor. You feel Jiminy land on your shoulder and Chip and Dale climb up your back before you actually see any of them.

"You don't mind if we hop aboard, do you, Sora? It's chaos down there," Chip asks from atop your head.

You laugh a little. "Y-yeah, no problem."

You start carefully stepping through the microcrowd beneath you, incredibly careful to avoid stomping - or falling - on anyone.

"This place is... huge..."

"Yeah, the Moogles keep ports open in Closed Worlds just because they already have an observation point for that world, and those aren't exactly big-time deals," Dale explains.

"But for worlds like Disney Castle, they really pull out all the stops. We get visited by hundreds of ships every day!"

As the last of the crew leaves the Highwind, mechanical arms attached to gloved hands pick up the massive ship like it was but a child's plaything, and carry it away to who-knows where.

"Sora! Get a move on!" Kairi shouts from a fair distance away, standing just outside of the exit area, just out of the way of the stampede currently pouring out of your ship's exit area to the larger area. She is obviously trying not to laugh.

With some time, you manage to catch up with the group, and relax a little.

Riku crosses his arms. "There was a reason we got out first."

"Heh, sorry bout that," you apologize. "It's just... a lot to take in."

Riku scans the area for what is probably the tenth time since departing the ship. "I know..."

"Alright, everyone, stay close," Donald says. The five of you depart, with you following Goofy's lead across a series of elevators and moving floors that take you to an area that seems far more like the docks you recognize from other worlds. You can see a few portals leading into the world proper, and several lines in the distance. You head to a far shorter line, seemingly reserved for... well, you and the other Highwind crew members.

Donald leads the group up to the guard watching over the gateway. The man stands somewhat lax, but straightens up as Goofy approaches, and salutes.

"Captain. It has been too long, sir. And to you, as well, Court Mage." He eyes glance over the three remaining members of your party. "I must ask as to the nature of your companions, sir. Security, and all."

Goofy smiles good-naturedly. "Why, they're the reason we departed, Private."

"A-ah... I... I see..." He stares at the three of you. "If you don't mind my asking, sir... well, there are rumors, sir. Are they...?"

Goofy shrugs. "I've not heard the rumors, and I'm sorry to say I do mind."

The private laughs nervously. "I-I-I see." He quickly rummages through through a pack at his side. "Ah, here. I was told to pass this along to you." He hands Goofy an envelope, and he opens it.

"Ah-hyuk! Thanks, Private." He pulls out three cards emblazoned with the words "Disney Town Passport" and hands them to you, Kairi, and Riku. "Now, these are pretty special, fellas. Don't lose track of them, alright? They're proof you're allowed to be here."

You nod, glancing at both sides of the card. Your name is emblazoned upon the back side in whimsical handwriting, while the front is a landscape of what you assume to be Disney Town, with a massive castle dominating the scene. The clouds themselves form the three-circle shape that you understand to be the Royal Insignia.

"Now, let's not keep everyone waiting," Donald says. "Come along!"

You follow Kairi through the portal, and find yourselves in what you think to be the town square of...

World: Disney Town

The town... reminds you a bit of Traverse Town, actually, if there were times other than night there. The buildings are bigger, with some towering above you in a way that Traverse Town couldn't manage. There are also a wide variety of people living here, too. You mostly see... well, animal-like people, like Donald and Goofy, but you are reminded quickly that humans come in all sorts of shapes and sizes and body types. You see bird-people, actual dogs that can talk, green-skinned humanoids with blank red eyes, and people who are human but for one little thing - extra ears, or a tail, or something.

As Goofy leads you down what he calls "Main Street," you spy signs pointing you to places like "Tomorrowland," "Racerland," "Fantasyland," and "Remnantland." You pass under a bridge, and as you look behind you you spy a massive, ship-like thing blast across it at speeds rivaling the Lightrail.

"Wow."

"Yeah, pretty neat, huh? I'll admit, the Lightrail in Traverse Town is pretty cool, too," Donald says. "But I think I'd prefer the comfort of our monorail." He looks around, and spies some kind of colorful fireworks souring across the midday sky.

"There's always something going on," Goofy says, seeing the same thing. "It's what happens when you have so many people around, and you let them be themselves. Remnantian holidays, Water Tribe festivals, Kryptonian parties... Always a reason to celebrate for someone."

"Keeps a lot of street magicians prospering, too," Donald says, looking a bit nostalgic.

You finally arrive at large white doors, and after a similar exchange between Goofy and the guards to the last, you are let into the castle itself.

It's significantly less loud and bustly here, and Donald walks the group down the halls, whistling a jaunty tune as he goes. He rounds the corner, and comes to a halt. "Ack!"

"Donald!" A girl duck in a rather elaborate dress was standing at a massive door ahead of you, having apparently been talking to the guards, and is now approaching your group.

"Hi Daisy, I'm back-" He is immediately slammed into. Daisy, it appears, pulls him into a deep hug for a few seconds, before stepping away and taking a deep breath. Donald braces himself.

"It's been almost a month, you jerk! You couldn't have sent some kind of message home?" She shouts at him.

"Ahahaha! So-sorry, things have been busy. A-anyway, we need to report to the Queen, do you know where-"

"Hmph!" Daisy crosses her arms. "I can't believe you! Gone for over a month to who knows what and where without so much as a letter, and with barely more than an apology you carry on your way, do you have any idea how worried I've been-"

Kairi is shaking her head in mirror to her. "And he was talking to us about manners..." She whispers.

"Daisy! Daisy, I'm sorry! This mission was meant to be kept low-key. We weren't sure how safe it would be- You know I'd have sent you something if I had the chance-"

"Hmmmmph! Well, I guess I can forgive you... if you're taking me out to dinner tonight! And it better be good!"

Donald tilts a bit. "Awwwwwww-"

She narrows her eyes at him.

"-wwww yeah! Of course! Hahahaha HAHAHAA!"

She relaxes into a smile. "Alright, then. The Queen is currently communing with the Cornerstone, I'm sure she'll be happy to see you after. I'll see you after, Donald. No later than 7PM, alright?" She pecks him on the cheek, and Donald just melts into an increasingly goofy grin.

"Of course, Daisy."

With that, she struts off, leaving you with an increasingly love-struck Donald.

"So, we have a while before we speak with the Queen," Goofy says, picking up his swaying friend and sitting him on a nearby bench. "I guess all that's left to do now is wait. If you've got any questions, I'm all ears." He lifts up his rather droopy ears to make the point, laughing a little.

Music:
Gummi Ship Rhapsody
Disney's Magic Kingdom Loop
Kingdom Hearts BBS: Mickey Mouse March
Kingdom Hearts 2: Mickey Mouse March

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 18th, 2018, 11:11 pm

ig:
Day 57
Disney Castle
Time - Topsy Turvy Day

You look to your left, which just so happens to be down the hall, towards a rather unassuming door (compared to the massive one before you). You have a feeling important stuff happens on the other side. Not sure how useful it is, though.

For now, there are better things to focus on.

"So, what's this Cornerstone?" you ask.

Donald still appears incapacitated, and so Goofy is the one to answer. "Ya see, the Cornerstone of Light is a relic dating back... gwarsh, as far as Disney Town. They say it was forged by a fella named Walt. Walt Disney."

"So that's why they call it Disney Town?" Kairi asks.

"Yep. Anyway, some thousand years ago, Queen... uh... Was it Melody, no...Maddie... uhhhh..."

Donald snaps out of his funk, and corrects Goofy. "Queen Mallory Mouse, Goofy."

"Ahyuck, that's right."

Donald crosses his arms in a very knowledgeable way. "Queen Mallory started the tradition of Queens drawing out the power of the Cornerstone to protect their town, then their kingdom, then their entire world. There's more than a few legends about the Cornerstone itself, most of which are kept in the royal line, but we know two things. First, through training a Queen with a heart of light can amplify their natural magical ability by magnitudes. Second..." Donald pauses. Goofy looks a bit... awkward. "... Well, second, the Cornerstone has an equal opposite, a darkness that has done battle with the Cornerstone's light for as long as the two have existed."

"The Blot," Goofy breathes out, a serious look on his face.

"The Blot?" Riku asks.

Donald nods. "It's... bad news. A mass of inky darkness given form... It blots out everything it touches." Donald looks pensive. "We had it locked up for a while, after The King sealed it... but... well, it got out."

There is a long silence. Both Donald and Goofy look somewhat uncomfortable.

"So, what happened?" Riku asks, completely failing to notice this.

"... Pete happened," Goofy says.

"Wait, that one Pete, from Traverse Town?" Riku asks.

"Just the same," Donald replies.

"He... he was having a pretty rough day, honestly." Goofy leans against the wall. "I won't say he did or didn't deserve it - that's not my place - but he had just lost his job with the Guard. He'd already lost a whole awful lot. Used to be the owner of his own little steamboat, transporting folks and luggage across the rivers, but... well, times change, and steamboats stop being profitable, even as a novelty. And he really didn't have the temperament to do pleasure cruises. He bounced from job to job for a while, supporting himself, supporting his family... eventually, the Guard was the only place he had left."

Donald sighs. "You know, you don't have to..."

"Naw, it's alright. It's been years... and I figure you three should know, since he's supposedly with Maleficent nowadays."

"You... you okay, Goofy?" Riku is the first to ask.

"Yeah. Just... I think he just wanted to be special, deep down. But he'd given up on that, so..." He laughs. It's a bitter laugh, and you find you don't like it coming out of Goofy's mouth. "We were having a festival - the Million Dreams Fair, and there was a prize. Everyone in each part of the town would vote for someone who made their day, and they'd recieve the Million Dreams Award. No one knew what it was, but the Queen was giving it out, so it had to be good. So Pete... well, he tried. But in the end he didn't win, and I think... I think that was that for him. He wanted that prize, if nothing else. So he went after the Queen for it. Of all the silly things to get in trouble for... it had to be ice cream."

"How does this..."

"He's getting there," Donald stops Riku.

"To be fair, they just put him in a cell to cool his heels for a bit, calm down a little. The Queen wasn't going to punish him for attacking her... But Pete was never one to cool his heels. He broke out, led the guards on a merry little chase... well, merry until he busted into a high-security storage cell. In the chaos... well, the Blot was only sealed into a bottle. Didn't take much to set it free. And it engulfed the first person it found, blotted him out."

You recall the state Pete was in when you fought him. Your attacks would pass through, or get stuck in his gooey body. He was nigh unstoppable through physical means.

"He tore through the prison, wrecked the fair, hurt... hurt a lot of folks, tried to blot out the Queen and the entire town. We tried so hard to get him to listen to reason. I tried to calm him down. I always had before. Comes with being a best bud..." Goofy shakes his head. "But in the end he was more Blot than Pete, so I... I had to defend my Queen and my people."

"We held him off while the Queen worked with Lady Shantotto to blast him with light and banish him through a dimensional gate," Donald says. "Wherever they had sent him, it should have been the end of it - he should never have been able to get out."

"We thought that," Goofy says. "And I hadn't seen him in years. When we finally got footage of him marching about, leading Heartless, working with Maleficent herself..." Goofy grits his teeth. "It was worse than when we fought. It wasn't the Blot leading these monsters. It was Pete. All the way down to how he acted. To see him like that, completely in control and still completely up to no good... I can't help but be disappointed in him. I don't know what he's thinking anymore."
You spy the two guards at the door tearing up a bit.
"Goofy..." Donald says.

"But if we keep traveling like this, fighting the Heartless, I'm sure we'll see him again, and I'll find out myself." He cracks his knuckles. "Maybe I'll drag him home, and back to his senses, while I'm at it."
The guards quietly, resolutely salute, with trembling hands, crying manly tears.
Goofy Gained the Disposition: Ol' Fightin' Friends!

You hear a shuddering in the room beyond the large door. The guards stand at attention as you look to it.
In the space of a second they seem to have miraculously dried their tears.
"That must be the Queen finishing up," Donald says.

"Right," Goofy says, wiping his eyes a bit and putting on his usual smile. "Well, let's go see her."

"Yeah... Uh, sorry, I didn't mean to pry..." Riku says.

"Aw, shucks, Riku. Don't ever be afraid to ask questions." Goofy's smile broadens a bit. "It's one of your good traits."

"Thanks." You can see Riku's ears turn red as Donald knocks on the door.

"Yes?" You hear a dainty voice through the door.

"Donald Duck, and company."

"Ah! Of course, come in, I was expecting you!"

An entirely too small portion of the giant door opens, and you step through alongside everyone else, finding yourselves in an absolutely massive room, the floors and walls sparkling white as though just cleaned. A single red carpet leads from the door all the way to the opposite wall, where two statues - one of a robed mage with a wide brimmed hat and indistinct features carrying an extremely ornate staff with a crystal at the head, one of a warrior in full plate carrying a large, heart-shaped shield with a wing motif.

In front of these statues is a single, rather simple (if a bit tall) chair on a blue platform. And sitting upon that chair is a mouse-lady about half your height, garbed in pink and red, with a golden crown atop her head. Her eyes remain closed as you approach, but upon reaching a certain threshold (Donald grabs the back of your shirt to stop you from getting closer), she opens them, and her face brightens into a smile.

"It is good to see you once more."

"Your Royal Majesty, Queen Minnie Mouse, we return to your side!" Donald and Goofy bow as one, falling to a single knee, and as Donald asked, you and Riku bow your head respectfully, as Kairi bends her knees while staying straight, in what Donald (and the Queen of Hearts before him) had called a curtsy. "We bring with us the Keyblade Wielders the King spoke of in his letter, Riku and Sora."

You feel the urge to bow again, maybe a little deeper this time, as Donald directs her attention to you. She sizes you and Riku up, before moving to the last member of your party.

"And this young girl, is..."

"Ah, of course. This is Kairi, their close friend, er..."

Kairi gulps a bit as Donald grasps, and bows in the style you vaguely recognize as super-formal, back in the islands, moving her hands parallel to each other, as though cupping something. "Kairi, daughter of the Mayor of Destiny Islands, Your Majesty."

Donald blanches a bit at Kairi's forwardness, but the Queen simply nods, peering at the girl, more curious than upset. "... The Destiny Islands?"

"A world lost to the Darkness, ma'am," Donald says. "All three of our new companions hailed from it."

"I see. I must apologize, I am certain you have been through a lot," The Queen says, standing from her throne and walking towards the group. "I welcome the three of you to Disney Castle. And to you, Donald and Goofy, I welcome you home. Please, rise, my friends," she says with a laugh. "You know, you need not go to such lengths here, in private company."

"Ah! Ahahahaha!" Donald scratches the back of his head, laughing nervously. "Well, it's good practice, ma'am."

The Queen lets out more laughter at that. "You never do change. Now then, I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long."

"Oh, no, ma'am," Goofy says. "We had barely arrived."

"I see. Where is your chronicler, if I might ask? I had thought Jiminy might be alongside you."

You note that Jiminy is missing from your shoulder, where last you saw him. Somewhere between the port and here, he must have hopped off - or fallen off. Hopefully the former-

"Ah, I think he might be visiting with his family right now. I apologize-"

"Please, don't apologize," The Queen stops him curtly, just as she steps down from the platform, finally approaching arm's reach of your group. "It is more than fine. I had half-expected you and yours to visit with your family, yourselves, before coming to visit little ol' me. I suppose I underestimated the weight your titles bear upon your backs."

"A-hyuk, got us in one, ma'am!"

Donald groans a bit, half-heartedly.

"Now then, might we walk as we talk? I always feel a bit stiff after communing with the Cornerstone."

"O-of course," Donald says, rising to walk with her as she passes by you with surprising grace. Goofy follows suit, easily catching up with the five of you.

"Now, in the absence of your chronicler, I suppose I'll have to fulfill my curiosity with conversation! How fared your mission?"

"Well, ma'am, thus far!" Goofy says. "We have found not one but two Keyblade Wielders, as the King instructed, and together we have sealed the hearts of a few worlds."

"In addition," Donald says, "We've found that in doing so we block the Heartless from being able to destroy it. With this, we might be able to slow or even stop Malefi-"

"What of The King?" The Queen asks suddenly.

"Ah-" Goofy flinches. "Well, you see..."

[] Interject
-[] With What?
[] Let Someone Else Talk

[] Anything else to report after the debriefing?
-[]Write In Topic(s)

Music:
Epic Mickey: The Phantom Blot

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer

oog: I don't usually put options - write-ins are king here - but I figured I'd give you some direction to make sure you know you don't have to say anything.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 19th, 2018, 12:29 am

Hmm... that old ship we found (the wrecked one)... should we mention that and it's connections to... whatever that keyblade order was? I remember us finding the ship, I don't remember much else about it right now. (Not necessarily immediately, just at some point.)
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby JamestheFox » April 19th, 2018, 7:27 pm

Current Votes:
[χ] Let Someone Else Talk
-JAGwin (SV Forum)

[χ] Anything else to report after the debriefing?
-[χ]The Ruined Keybearer Ship
-Wraith5 (VD Forum)

[χ] Anything else to report after the debriefing?
-[χ]The Ruined Keybearer Ship
[χ] Unguided Vision
-TempestK (SV Forum)

[x] Interject
-[x] (Unsure tone, polite as we can.) *Raises hand* Well, Um...Your Majesty, we did cross paths with the King. Kinda? Remember, guys? I told you about it. He stopped Kairi from being kidnapped and hid us until we woke up. But he said he couldn't stay, there was something he had to take care of first. He had a wayfinder, too! Then he kinda...uh. Turned into a ball of light and flew away?"
[x] Unguided Vision
-Gamebrain (SV Forum)
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 5th, 2018, 8:28 pm

ig:
Day 57
Disney Castle
Time - Topsy Turvy Day

You swiftly raise a hand. "A-actually, ma'am!" You withdraw it a bit as everyone else looks to you. "Eheh..."

"You have something to say?" The Queen asks. "Please, go on."

"R-right. You see, I... we... kinda bumped into him."

"Did we?" Donald asks.

"Wait, no, I remember," Kairi says. "A little. That... that one world."

Minnie looks quite confused at this.

"That one time we went to... the Realm of Sleep, I think it was called. Wonderland," you elaborate.

Donald scratches the base of his bill. "That... sounds familiar, but... I don't really remember it."

You nod. "We got hit with some kind of sleeping stuff, and Pete almost kidnapped Kairi. But Mickey showed up, and saved us."

"If you were sleeping, then how do you..." The Queen asks.

"Sora has a unique power," Donald says. "He can see things. The future, the past. Things he wasn't there for."

You nod. "They aren't always accurate, but I'm pretty sure about this one. He came to our rescue, fought Pete off, and hid us. He even had a Wayfinder, like ours," You pull out yours for emphasis. Minnie takes note of it, and seems to recognize it. "He said he couldn't stay, though... and then he just... well, turned into a ball of light and flew away."

"He must've used his Star Shard," Donald supplies as your group arrives in what appears to be a banquet hall. The room shares the comfy white elegance of the rest of the castle, though the central table seems to swiggle whimsically. At the Queen's entrance, a broom sitting in a corner snaps to life, mutters in a language you can't understand, and flees.

"Elbuod eht no, hcnul! Peews hsiws, snruter retsam eht! Hcnul deen ynapmoc reh dna neeuQ eht! Peews hsiws, emithcnul, emithcnul!"

"Wait," Riku starts. "Where'd he get a Wayfinder? That's..."

"You sure, Sora? Maybe you missaw?" Kairi asks.

The Queen tilts her head. "It was a gift."

"Huh?" You, Kairi, and Riku look to her.

"I remember seeing that charm before. When I asked, Mickey told me it was a gift, from a friend." Minnie looks a bit despondent at that. "As I understand it, she said it was a symbol of friendship. An unbreakable connection. You know more about it?"

Kairi nods, cradling her Wayfinder. "It's... well, an old tradition back on our Islands. You give them to friends who are heading on a voyage, as a promise that no matter the distance between you... you'll always find your way back home, to the people who care about you." She looks rather solemn at that. You can tell why.
"Tell me that story!"
Minnie hums in understanding. "I see. Thank you for explaining it to me."
"Again, dear?"
Kairi closes her eyes, and bows. "It... it was-" Kairi is stopped as the Queen takes her hand, gently urging her down. To Donald's indignant squawk, the Queen pulls her into a hug.
"Pleeeaaaassssee?"
"It must be hard for you, to lose so much at such a young age."
Harder than she knows.
"V-very." Kairi pauses. "But... But I still have my friends. The charm's worked for me so far." Kairi pulls away a bit, and brings out one of her best smiles. "And I'm going to help find yours, too!"

"We all are," Riku says.

The Queen returns Kairi's smile, finally letting her go. "Thank you, dear."

Donald nods. "We spoke with Merlin recently, actually. The King has been looking for a way into the Realm of Darkness. Says he needs to, if we're to save the worlds. Meanwhile..." his gaze becomes serious. "Meanwhile, we have to keep sealing worlds, and take the fight to Maleficent herself."

"I see. Then I suppose you have your orders. Continue sealing worlds, protect us from the darkness."

"Right," Donald says, bowing respectfully.

"As for that second task... I don't know how you're to take care of that." She closes her eyes. "The world Maleficent's occupied... the world we now know as Hollow Bastion... is obscured in darkness. We don't have the forces to spare to do much more than guard against her assaults."

The Queen turns, and makes for the table, just as a number of brooms step into view. Possessed of arms and hands, the brooms get to work, setting down a rather extravagant meal, pulling out chairs and pushing them back in once you've settled in, and generally helping, continuing to chatter in that odd language of theirs.

You carefully pick at a plate of some kind of fish-like meat, putting it onto your plate as Donald, Goofy, and the Queen discuss the journey you've had, when a sudden, somewhat random thought occurs to you.

"Er, your Highness, ma'am?"

Donald shoots you a look, but the Queen gently disengages from the conversation to turn to you. "Yes, Sora?"

"Er... I was curious about something we saw on our trip. See, we bumped into a wrecked ship, with some kind of barrier inside. It looked... I dunno, tailor made for the Keyblade to unlock. And I had a Vision there - of some kind of battle... It seemed like the ship belonged to Keybearers. You wouldn't... you know, know anything about it?"

You admittedly feel kind of stupid for asking. It might be Donald looking rather incredulous at you. You start to get the feeling you just broke some taboo or other. You're not sure which - Donald spouted more than a few while the Highwind was docking. The Queen, for her part, simply considers the question.

"I don't have any recollection of anything like that. The King once told me that many Keybearers used their own Keyblades to travel the worlds - they didn't usually have need for normal vessels. But we might have some record of something like that in our library. Mickey certainly collected more than his fair share of old books on the Order, after... well." She closes her eyes, thinking about something. "At any rate, I'm sure he won't mind if you take a peek after we eat. It may help you on your way."

You nod. "Thanks, ma'am."

With that she returns to her conversation with Donald and Goofy, recounting in brief the adventures you've had. You are called upon to speak a bit more of your time in Wonderland, as everyone else has foggy memories at best of it.

Kairi, meanwhile, seems to be caught between scarfing down on the rather choice cut of white meat before her and eating at a refined, graceful pace. She gently pokes at Goofy. "This is amazing. What is it?"

Goofy takes a look, and goes pale. "Erk. Well, uhm. You see... you probably don't want to know."

"Really? What is it, some kind of gross buzzard or something?" Kairi asks. You find yourself curious as well.

"No, but, uh-"

Donald follows his gaze, and after a short beat sighs. "You can tell her."

"Huh?"

"... It's... It's duck."

You, Kairi, and Riku all freeze, staring at the serving dish where the rest of the bird sits, glistening innocently. Kairi gulps. "D...d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-d-"

"Duck," Donald repeats. "Kairi, I need you to calm down. Relax-"

"Bu-b-b-b-bu-b-uh-b-but... but duck. Oh. Oh oh."

Donald sighs. "Relax. It's fine."

"But you-" Kairi squeaks out.

"Am a different kind of duck. You already know that. One world's animal is another world's sapient creature. Why, some worlds have both, like they do here."

Goofy laughs. "Yeah. Pluto and I are both considered dogs, but we're very different!"

"Pluto?" Riku asks.

"The King's dog," The Queen supplies.

"Ahhh."

"I... I see." Kairi says. She carefully makes for the salad. "I... I think I just became a vegetarian-"

"Not going to work," Donald warns. "There are in fact sentient plants. And sentient fish. And sentient chairs. If it exists, there is a world where it is naturally a living, sapient creature. And one where it isn't."

Kairi's eye twitches. "I..."

Goofy nods. "Gwarsh, it's nice of you to think about others, but this is one of those things you'll have to get used to. You just learn to adapt, and accept the fact that no matter what you are, somewhere out there there's a world where your species ain't... well. People."
Donald suddenly smirks, and chuckles in the most inconspicuous yet diabolical way you've ever seen.
Kairi slumps a bit. "W-well. I..." She slaps the sides of her face. "Okay. Yeah. I think I... can... accept... that..." She watches as Donald, with a flourish, cuts away part of the roast duck, cuts it into smaller pieces, and gulps some down. "U-urk-" She gets up, bows lightly, and flees the room, looking rather ill.

The Queen gives Donald an admonishing look, and he shrugs. "What? I like roast duck as much as the next guy, Your Majesty. She'll get used to it... I think."

Kairi eventually returns, and she simply takes to biscuits, shooting sour looks at Donald the whole time. The conversation continues, until you end up talking about your second visit to Traverse Town.

"Brainiac appeared near Traverse Town?" The Queen asks.

"Yes. We've destroyed him and his fleet, though," Donald says. "It wasn't easy. Wish we could have called upon the Justice League, but there was no way they were getting here that quickly."

Minnie nods. "... Perhaps I'll see about asking Star Command to patrol a bit more often in that area. You claim you destroyed Brainiac... but he has already been destroyed before. The last thing we need is another threat like him springing into action..."

The brooms approach, collecting the food and replacing it with a massive variety of multi-colored sweets and creams.

The Queen smiles. "Speaking of springing into action, I should thank you once again, Donald. Your creations certainly have been helpful, with so many of our usual servants being elsewhere, Donald. Your animation magic is certainly on par with your master's."

Donald grumps a bit as many of the brooms gather around him. "Yes yes, you've all done splendidly, thank you all for your service." The brooms seem enthused by his faint praise, and scatter, working twice as hard as before.

"Mayhap, my queen, I might say they are a bit too animated," a voice pokes into the room as a woman enters. She certainly doesn't look to be native to this world. She appears human-ish, though her eyes and the extra ears scream cat. She bows lightly, twice. "Master Donald Duck, Court Mage of Disney Castle. Your Majesty."

"And who are you to make that call?" Donald grouches. The cat-girl gives a cocky smile at Donald's frustration.

"Forgive my intrusion, and my lack of respect. T'was not my intention to anger you." You can tell it totally was. "Though I have been waiting a fortnight to meet the illustrious Court Mage my Master has spoken much about. My name is Shtola. Apprentice Shtola Rhul, formerly of Remnant."

"She claims to be a student of Lady Matoya," The Queen says. "Apparently she has business with you, Donald?"

"That ol' goose is still alive?" Donald asks himself, under his breath. "It's been some time since I've even been invited to see her. I had almost thought her dead."

"Well, you know her, Master Donald," Shtola says. "She certainly likes her privacy."

"True enough," Donald grumbles, getting out of his chair to approach her. "Though wouldn't it kill her to at least check in every now and again...?" He pauses. "Oh, who am I kidding, of course it will. So what's her business?"
The Queen is watching this with clear amusement.
Shtola bows, a bit more heavily than she previously did. "My business, as it were. Master Donald Duck, I have served Master Matoya as a student in the Magics of Animation and Scrying for some time now. In my departure from her care, my Master pointed me to your side. I wish to learn new arts, and walk new paths. For that purpose, I ask to serve an Apprenticeship in the Magics of Marking, Illusion, and Geomancy. If you would have me, I would serve you well."

Donald glares her down. "Hmph. Not a shred of grace and tact, I see."

"Well, in my defense, what did you expect?"

Donald's glare continues for a bit, before diffusing into laughter. "Yes, I can see the resemblance now. Was that same hard-headedness that made it hard for me to get a job, at first!" He laughs a while yet, before softening his features. "It's unfortunate. If Matoya had but sent a letter well in advance, I'd have been able to tell her that I was about to head out on a long-term mission, and that you'd better spend your time serving other masters."

"Alas for that, Master Duck. But I have had the pleasure and honor of perusing the Royal Library and the castle's guest bedchambers in your absence, and you are here now."

Donald sighs. "Not for long. If those ears of yours have helped your mastery of the magics of eavedropping as much as I think they do, you may have heard that I must leave again soon - my mission is not yet done."

"I see. A shame, that," Shtola frowns. "Perhaps I can be of assistance?"

Donald thinks about it. "Perhaps. I will have to think about it."

"Then I will leave you to your thoughts... and your ice cream." She bows, and leaves.

"I'm... pretty sure she just broke about every rule Donald asked of us," Kairi whispers to you.

"... What was that all about?" Riku asks.

"Some upstart apprentice wanting to learn from me," Donald grumbles.

"To be fair to her," the Queen says, "she has been as good as her word, and respectful of my hospitality, if nothing else. She's actually helped me a few times in matters where I had need of a mage's advice. Perhaps you should give her a chance?"

"Hmmm." Donald hums. "Perhaps. I'll think on it, as I said."

After dessert is finished and cleared away, the Queen stands and nods. "It has been a pleasure to speak with you... all of you. Unfortunately, there are matters that still need my attention. I think I'll have a more thorough discussion regarding your journey after I've reviewed and reflected upon Jiminy's records up to now."

Donald nods.

"You're dismissed."

With that, you find yourselves freed up to take to whatever tasks you feel up to. After being shown to guest chambers in the castle, where your possessions are already waiting, Donald and Goofy let you know that they're planning to head home and visit with their families (Donald apparently has a date to get ready for, as well), and while they've invited you, they're apparently confident that this world is plenty safe for you to go around and explore at will.

Disney Town Mission List, Time: Light Up The Sky (1 Time Period Left for the Day. Sora, Kairi, and Riku available to take missions)
Not PonyTales Or CottonTales (Woo-oo): Donald's stopping by his house to visit his family before going on his date. If you want, you can go meet his family. Maybe embarrass Donald a bit in retaliation for his Duck Prank.
Report to the Troop: Goofy's heading home to meet with his family for the first time in a while, and you're invited! You can't help but wonder whether the rest of the Goof family is as goofy as... well, Goofy!
All in the Search of Knowledge: The Royal Library is open for your use, surely there's cool stuff you haven't read about in there!
The King's Secret Stash: The Queen suggested that perhaps you should check out the King's personal collection of books in the Library. This is the perfect opportunity to learn a bit more about the Keyblade Order...
A Wonderful World of Color: Well, you have a free evening, maybe you should spend it exploring Disney Town. Who knows what kind of amazing stuff you'll find? Shops to browse, people to talk to, things to see, maybe trouble to solve?
The Magical Castle: Why go out and explore the rest of the world when there's so much here in the castle? Even discounting the library, you're sure there's all sorts of amazing stuff around here!
[]Select Mission
-[]Select Who's Going on the Mission
-[]If Taking "All in the Search of Knowledge," "The King's Secret Stash," or "A Wonderful World of Color" any specific things you want to look into?

Vision
You see the town you were walking through, shrouded in unnatural darkness. A primal roar shakes your senses.

A guard is sent sprawling across the street, and wood and hay that was once a broom is scattered to the winds by a dark hand, more liquid than solid.

You see Pete stalking down Main Street, towards the main square where you entered. He is a very different beast than you have seen him. He seems to be wearing a black and purple suit, and a mask, but more and more of it is obscured by the moment, covered in dark liquid.

"Pete! Pete, is that-" You see Goofy, younger, in normal guardsman uniform, step into view. "Gosh... Pete, what's happened to you...?"

"Hahahahahahhaaaa!" Pete laughs. "You gotta try this, Goof! Now this is something worth holding onto!"

"Pete, I dunno what you got yerself into, but this isn't you! This isn't right!"

"That's where you're wrong! I've never felt better! Now, outta my way!" He pats Goofy on the head, a bit too hard, and Goofy falls to his knees, dark ink spilling down his body. "I've got myself some words for little ol' Queenie!"

He stomps past Goofy, towards a stage that appears to have been erected for some temporary purpose. Atop it, you see The Queen, and a very short, blonde lass with her hair done in pigtails. The latter readies a staff not unlike the one you saw the statue behind the throne wielding.

"Oy, youuuurrr Majesstyyyy!" Pete calls, tauntingly. Several guards and brooms rush him. "What're you gonna do now!? You ain't gonna throw me in a cell again, not with mooks like these!" He winds up a punch, and lets loose, spinning about. The attack sends the men flying. Your gaze follows one flying over the building behind the Queen. "Haahaha! Home run!" He smirks. "Now, nobody can stop me. But hey, if you bow down and apologize, the great Pete, new king of this here Kingdom, might have mercy."

The Queen does no such thing, and is instead readying... something. There's a light that shines behind her eyes that is growing over time. "Pete, you've gone too far this time-"

"Wait! Please!" A woman steps between Pete and his quarry, and Pete looks down at her as she addresses the Queen. "Your Majesty, please, let me talk to him! I-"

"Peg-ums! Sweetie! Good to see you!" He snatches her up, one hand proving more than enough to carry her. "Like the look?"

"Honestly..." The woman grumbles. "I know you're angry, dear, but this isn't-"

"Oh come on, I just explained this to Goofy, back there!" Pete points back with a thumb.

"You just-" Peggy peers behind Pete, at the chaos and destruction he's brought. Buildings covered in dark ink, eroded away by the unnatural material. Soldiers cast aside like toys, some half-covered in the same damaging gunk. "Pete... you need to-"

"What, apologize? Settle down? Not a chance! Not this time! This is power, the power I need to make things right! Once I'm top dog, we'll be living in the lap of luxury, just you wait, Peg! Now, you sit here, and reeeelax!" He sets her down to continue his march, and she shakes off the gunk he leaves behind. "Now, as I was saying-"

"Peter Pete!" Peg shouts, dashing up in front of him again. "Don't you walk away from me!"

Pete freezes in place, looking down at her. "Huhhhh?"

"Don't you tell me you think this is what we want!" Peg says. "You have to let go of this... thing! Can't you see you're scaring everyone!? You're scaring Pistol, and PJ! Heck, you're scaring me! This isn't you!"

Your vision helpfully scans across a fairly distant crowd, and a boy who looks to be a younger version of Pete is holding back an even younger girl. You also spy what appears to be Goofy's kid. You can see Donald in the crowd, too, trembling down to the bones.

"Ooooh yes it is!" Pete stoops down, eyeing her. "What, are you scared because you're not in control anymore? That you can't nag and push me around?" He growls, and she backs away a bit in response. "Hmph. Now, out of my way, Peg! I'm not settling for any less than I'm owed, not this time!" He moves to step around Peg, but she steels herself, and moves to block his path again.

"Is that it? Is this about the Award?" Peg asks. "I get it, I get that nobody seems to respect you! But we do! So many of us remember Captain Pete, and his steamboat! And we voted for you for the Million Dreams Award! We care about you!" She steps a bit closer. "We don't need you to make money, we don't need to live on some mansion on a hill! We just... we want you back. So please, you have to stop this!"

Pete regards her for a moment longer, and begins to laugh. You watch as hope spreads across Peg's features.

"She's right, Pete!" Goofy shows up again, walking towards Pete from behind, still removing some of the gunk Pete left on him. "We care about you. Isn't that enough?"

Pete continues laughing, and it grows deeper, before stopping abruptly. "No."

He backhands her, and she goes flying with a cry, before being caught by Goofy. He sets her down.

"P-Pete..."

"It's alright, we're not done yet," Goofy tells her. "Get back to yer kids, alright? Can you do that? Take care of my son, too."

She nods, and shakily picks herself up, starting for the crowd as Goofy makes back for Pete...

Music:
Epic Mickey: The Phantom Blot
Final Fantasy XIV - The Mushroomery

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 9th, 2018, 7:03 pm

ig:
Day 57
Disney Castle
Time - Light Up The Sky

Even taking the "monorail," dusk still finishes painting the sky in hues of purple and red by the time you arrive in Goofy's neighborhood. Somehow, though, the town has only become more busy and energetic. You see kids tugging at their parents hands, friends chattering at each other excitedly, and lovers sitting close together on the monorail, looking out the window while somehow also remaining trapped in each others' gaze. You catch whispers of "The World of Color," "Fantasmic," and other strangely-named places that are apparently very important.

Goofy takes the time to observe the busy passerby with a smile, and even waves at a few of them, but otherwise goes against the grain as you walk into the residential area, careful to make sure the three of you stay close by.

Eventually, you arrive at Goofy's home. The words "Geef Family" is painted onto a mailbox on the front, and six handprints of different sizes adorn each side. The yard's well-groomed, but the blue-and-red house looks ever-so-slightly askew no matter the angle you look at it, though you're... fairly sure the place was built that way, and not actually in need of repair.

Goofy steps up to the front door, dusts off his shoes, and opens the door.

"Howdy, everyone, I'm home!"

You peer over his shoulder as a cat-like girl a bit older than you pokes her head into view, pigtails drooping behind her halfway to the floor. Her face brightens at the sight of him. You briefly recognize her from the crowd in your most recent Vision.

"Goofy!" She dashes up close, sees you, and immediately comes to a halt. "I mean, uh. Hey. You're back."

Goofy laughs, and pulls her into a hug, which she is trying very hard to not appreciate. "Aww, I missed you too, Pistol. Where's everyone else?"

"Oh, you know. Max and PJ are at work. But I think-"

You hear someone rushing across the halls upstairs, and a bespectacled redhead slides down the railing, hopping off to dive at Goofy, pulling him and Pistol into a group hug. "Goofy! Welcome home!"

"Gwarsh, Sylvia, sorry for keeping you. Had to report to the Queen-"

"Oh, hush." Sylvia slips a kiss to him and smiles, releasing the hug and freeing Pistol to scramble away, making a rather dramatic impression of burning from that most vile of substances - parental affection. "You're here now." She looks past him to the three of you. Now that you can see her clearly, you're pretty sure she's more dog-like than cat-like, as opposed to Pistol. "And you brought friends?"

"Aw, right. Of course." He turns about. "Let me introduce you all. This is Riku, Kairi, and Sora. They're... well, I'm not sure I can tell you why, but they're traveling with Donald and I."

Riku gives a curt wave and a polite smile. "Hey."

Kairi bows lightly. "A pleasure to meet you. Sorry for imposing."

"Oh, it's nothing," Sylvia replies. "I'm sure my husband invited you. A friend of his is a friend of ours."

For your part, you turn your grin up to maximum power. "Thanks for having us!"

"You're welcome! Well, they're certainly not lacking for manners!"

"Aw, shucks, they're very good kids," Goofy says. "Now, Riku, Kairi, Sora, this is my darling, Sylvia," he gestures to Sylvia. "And this is my girl, Pistol."

"I'm adopted. Seriously. Don't associate me with them," Pistol deadpans.

Goofy winces a bit at that. "Aww, don't be that way!" He puts a hand on her head and an arm around his wife. You can tell that Pistol is actively contemplating the pros and cons of slipping free. "Anyway, this is my family. Well, some of it. Max and PJ should be home soon. Now, let's head on in for a spell."

The three of you find yourselves settling down on a couch. You end up listening in while the Geef Family talks up what they've been up to since Goofy went out on his mission. Lots of family smalltalk, the sort of thing you know from experience is "you had to be there" territory. Apparently, PJ got a promotion while Goofy was away, something Goofy is quite proud to hear.

"Aha! I knew he could do it!" he says, hopping from his chair and doing a little jig. "I knew it! That boy knows his stuff - and just like I said, I didn't have to talk to any of the Lieutenants into noticin'."

"Max said about the same thing," Sylvia says. "Though PJ says he couldn't have gotten even close to passing the combat exams without his help."

"Awww, he's just being modest. And besides, friendships like theirs are what make great fighters. Why, just look at these three-" He looks at the three of you. "I've seen these three get put through all sorts of trouble, but there's not a problem I've seen them unable to solve together."

Riku blushes. "Please, you and Donald saved us more than a few times."

"I suppose that's the cue to hear what you've been up to out there," Sylvia says.

"Gwarsh. A lot of it... well, I don't have the Queen's permission to talk about some of it, yet. Let's see..."

[] Discuss the worlds you've been to.
-[] You may include standouts.
[] Discuss the friends you've made.
[] Discuss the lessons you've learned.

Music:
Live the Magic (Instrumental)

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 10th, 2018, 1:59 pm

oog: I'm noticing a slight controversy regarding Dream Visions vs the use of VP.

I originally added Dream Visions as a mechanic so that you wouldn't feel punished for not using up your VP. However, it was never meant as a full replacement to the trigger-able Visions themselves, but that appears to be what is happening. As thus, I am making a slight addition to the mechanics of Dream Visions. The usual mechanics, regarding whether or not you get a Dream Vision, are still in place, though I may alter them if I need to. The big change is to the content of the Dream Visions, and how I determine it.

When no VP is used, Dream Visions will work more or less as they currently do - they serve as a single, free vision that does not lie to you, but whose contents are completely at random.

But upon having a triggered Vision, Dream Visions now draw upon and expand on what Visions you obtained from them. They may offer additional information on the subject you saw in your Vision(s), and may even correct a lying Vision.

As such, you now have a sliding scale. In summary, if you use no VP you're potentially more likely to get a Dream Vision, but it's completely random what the subject will be. If you use more VP, you risk reducing your chances (though Perfect Visions massively boost your odds), but any Dream Vision you get will likely be bigger and have information relevant to what you've recently seen.

This change will go into effect starting on Day 58 of Sora's journey.

ig:
Day 57
Disney Castle
Time - Light Up The Sky

"Well, we met a lot of friendly folks out there," Goofy says.

"Oh, like Rosalina!" you say. "She was nice!"

"That was a pretty neat experience," Riku says. "We bumped into some kind of... nursery. Rosalina was in charge of taking care of... man, I couldn't even count how many of those little guys there were."

"The Lumas were really cute," Kairi says. "I don't think I'll ever forget when I first saw them transform, though."

"Transform?" Sylvia asks.

Goofy nods. "They were really something else. Lumas apparently grow up to be entire worlds, or other phenomena throughout the Space Between. And when they do, they just... Gwarsh, they just transform, in the blink of an eye. I got a few photos, too. They should be in my suitcase."

"Of course, those got delivered to us earlier today," Sylvia says. "If you want to go get them, go on ahead."

Goofy nods, and heads upstairs.

"But yeah. The Lumas were really fun," you say. "Playing tag with them is pretty crazy, though."

"Really, you guys still play tag?" Pistol asks.

"Don't knock it," Riku says. "It makes good mobility practice. Can't hurt what you can't touch."

"You're only saying that because you managed to avoid getting tagged nearly as often as we did," Kairi says.

"Sounds to me like you two slackers need more training," Riku grins.

"Heh. Things got crazy when Rosalina, Donald, and Goofy jumped in, though." You gulp. "There was no escape-"

"Maybe for you," Riku interjects.

"Remind me again about the time you tripped and got tagged by Kairi."

"Psssh. She was clinging to you for dear life. She'd never have gotten close without your help."

"Oh really," Kairi says. "You remember our latest training exercise?"

Riku blanches. "That doesn't count! Magic has to be against the rules of proper tag-"

"YAAAAHOOHOOOHOOOEEEEEE!" Goofy finally comes stumbling down the stairs and, after picking himself up from his fall, brings a rather large box of pictures to the group.

"Wow, you took all of these?" Riku asks.

"Yup! Well, except for the automatic ones the Highwind took of its surroundings. The science teams back here have their copies, and are probably going crazy over some of the stuff we saw."

He digs through the box, and pulls out a bound stack of pictures. He unbinds and starts passing them around, and you realize quickly that they're all of the Comet Observatory. You pass around pics of Gus working with Rosalina in the kitchen, Donald dogpiled by a horde of sleeping Lumas while reading a book, Jiminy clinging to a Luma for dear life as it zooms about the Observatory, and even a few wide shots (most likely from the Highwind) of what you're pretty sure is in fact The Tag Game.

"... Oh, how cute!" Sylvia says, a smile widening on her face at a photo.

Goofy looks over her shoulder. "Ahyuck, I know. The Highwind sure got lucky with that one."

Riku and Pistol hop up from their chairs and look over the pic, and Riku starts to smirk. "I'm gonna need a copy of that one."

Kairi raises an eyebrow and joins them, only to blush wildly. "Heheheh-"

You look over as well, seeing a picture taken of you and Kairi from a distance, leaning against each other, watching as rainbow threads of light spread across the sky. Even in the picture, as you look at it from different angles, the threads seem to change color ever so slightly.
"Our most important memories stay with us, even if we're made to forget. They're always just a heartbeat away."
"Awww, look at the lovebirds," Pistol says.
"A Luma just... transformed into that. It was so small when I saw it... but it's already so... big..."
"Hehe..." there's a twinkle in Kairi's eye. "I'm gonna have to second Riku. It's... a really good picture."
"It's just, recently, I feel like... there's something out there, waiting for me."
"And a good memory," you say. One you'll never forget. Just thinking about it brings back the melody that played across the sky in your mind.
"Wherever you go, I'm going, too."
"Well shucks, then I guess I'll take some time to get some copies made, tomorrow."

You get a look at some of the other pics. You see Falco hounded by a small flock of Lumas.

"They really are cute, aren't they?" Pistol says, going through pics of the star children. "And you said they turn into entire worlds?"

"Sometimes, apparently," Goofy says. "We didn't get to see anything like that, but... it's really something just to imagine."

"Maybe someday we'll meet again," Riku says. "And we'll see it happen."

"That would be something-" Kairi says, stopping as the front door opens. Two men in military garb step into the living room. The first, who looks a lot like Goofy, spies the gathering, and his grin gets even bigger.

"Hey, Dad."

"Hiya, Max!" Goofy gets up, and pulls him into a hug, squeezing him tight enough that the armor on Max's uniform rattles at the jostling. "It's so good to see you again. And PJ!"

The boy behind Max is much heavier-set, and you can't help but notice the similarities between him and Pete. He perks up at being called, and Goofy walks up to him and puts his hands on the younger man's shoulders. "Heard you got that promotion, m'boy."

"Ehehh, yeah, thanks, Mr. Geef. But it was-"

"Oooh, don't even start, PJ. You earned your rank the hard way, and I knew you could. I can't even begin to tell you how proud I am of you."

Max nods. "I've been telling ya, Peeg. You're gonna do great. But what're we doing just standing here? It looks like you guys have been at it for a while. Got room for two more?"

"Well, actually, I was planning to get dinner set up at some point," Sylvia says.

"Maybe an outdoor barbecue?" Goofy asks.

"Well, if that's what you want."

"Isn't it getting a bit dark for something like that?" Kairi asks.

"Wait, don't they know? You didn't tell them?" Max asks.

"Aw, of course not."

"What don't we know?" Riku asks.

PJ grins. "Just head on outside. We'll get the chairs. C'mon, Pistol!"

Pistol rolls her eyes, but follows PJ and Max as they head through another door. At their directions, you step outside. It is getting to be pretty dark...

Goofy and Sylvia show up a minute later with a bunch of supplies, setting on a table next to some kind of grill.

"Yeah, it definitely seems a bit..." Riku starts.

"Gwarsh, give it a minute."

Seats are arranged, and Max relaxes in the last one he sets. "You're not gonna wanna miss this."

For a minute, nothing happens. But then a single light screams into the sky, before bursting in midair, lighting up the entire yard. Another follows, and then another. In the far, far distance, you can see similar but different lightshows start up in different areas throughout Disney Town. Shapes form in the sky, and the world is full of colors.

"Whoa."

"Yeah, the nightly shows get pretty over the top." Max says. "It's what happens when you got teams of Firebenders, alchemists, and showmages all trying to outdo each other."

PJ sits down next to him, and he sighs. "They're much cooler up close, though. Trust me."

Discussion about the Lumas eventually dies down.

"Oh, Dad," Max says. "We got briefed on our guests from the Queen. She told us to pass this letter to you, since she had forgotten to do so." Max tosses Goofy a letter, which he fumbles with, trying not to let it fall into the grill. "The short version is, she's de-classifying your mission. She figured it'd get out somewhere that we've got Keybearers running around on our world, and it'd be better to give permission than have to give out punishment."

"Wait, Keybearers?" Pistol asks. "You three are Keybearers?"

"Well, Sora and Riku are," Kairi says. "I'm... well, just kinda along for the ride."

"Where we go," Riku says, "we go together."

"So, what, you guys are going around fighting Heartless?" Sylvia asks, a hint of worry in her voice.

"Yeah," Riku says. "It's been... tough, sometimes. But we can hold our own."

"Yeah, you should see Kairi when she's in the zone!" You grin. "Remember the T3?"

"The what?" Max asks.

"The Traverse Town Tumble. It was a big tournament the three of us participated in, a bit before we met Goofy. There were a lot of really tough fighters."

"It was crazy. Kairi blew up a sandbag."

"Sora! That was an accident-"

"Sure was a heck of an accident," Riku says. "She pushed me easily out of the prelims with that, way I remember it." He sounds a little disappointed.

"But we got pretty easily beaten down, anyway," you say. "Traverse Town's got some real tough contenders."

You start regaling the Geef Family with the fights and fighters at the Tumble - the inexplicable Pinkie and Deadpool, the nigh-tireless preschool teacher, the impossibly agile but frail kid. You find yourself wanting a rematch - surely you can beat Pinkie this time?

Riku seems very interested in trying again.

All the while, the darkness of the night sky continues to be pierced by the ever-growing lights in the distance, and you can't help but be amazed at some of the shapes and colors you see. It's not unlike some of the things you've seen in the Space Between, though not to the same scale.

Goofy, enraptured by your tale and the lights, accidentally sets the grill on fire a few times, but the food gets made, and you find the sandwiches and steaks pretty good, considering. It's as you make for the restroom inside that your world blurs and you find yourself delving into one of your Visions.

Vision
"Who are you?"

"This... is my family. It's little... and broken. But still good... Yeah. Still good."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Stitch?"

You're in an incredibly messy bedroom. A little girl is getting out of bed, and looks to a window, where a fluffy blue creature
you've seen in your Visions before is sitting, staring at the stars above. As your Vision moves to view him, you see him holding a vaguely star-shaped charm haphazardly put together from parts that obviously were supposed to be used for something else entirely.

"Can't sleep, huh?" The girl asks. She sits on the windowsill beside Stitch, and eyes the charm. Stitch starts a little, holding the charm away from her. "It's okay, I'm not gonna take it away from you or anything. What is it?"

"..." Stitch looks back to his charm - his Wayfinder, you realize, there's no way it can't be - and nods. "Ter-ra, Ven-tus, Aw-ku-wa." He turns the charm in his hands. "... Friend... circle."

The girl smiles. "Friends? From before?"

"Ih."

"You... must miss them, huh?"

"Ih."

"... what happened to them?"

Stitch shakes his head. "Stitch... not know."

She slowly pulls him into a one-armed hug. "... I'm sure, somewhere out there, they miss you, too." The two look up at the stars for a time. "... Someday, let's go find them."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

You see Stitch again, in the same bedroom, two hands and two feet clinging to the ceiling while two more hands hold a book. Below him, you see the girl again, about your age, reading as hard as she can. "Chapter 7: Galactic Federation Protocol for Civilian Escort..."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Say, Miss Grand Councilor Lady?" You see the girl again, only slightly older than when you first saw her, talking to an extremely tall greenish-skinned woman in very official-looking clothing, on a beach.

"Yes, Lilo?" You recognize the name, and realize that this girl is, in fact, going to grow up into that pilot that was with Stitch before.

"A while after you left, last time, Stitch told me he had friends. Ter-ra, Ven-tus, and Aw-ku-wa? He really misses them. Is it alright if they come to visit?"

"... Terra, Ventus, and Aqua," the woman says. "Keyblade Wielders that, accidentally or not, came to spend time on the vessel taking Stitch to his intended exile. I think it would not be an understatement to say that they planted the seeds that you grew within him. It's a shame... but I don't think I can grant your request, as much as I want to."

"Why not?"

"... The Keyblade Order ceased to be, shortly after their encounter with Stitch. We have no idea what became of Terra, Ventus, or Aqua. They're lost to us."

"... Oh."

"If we see them again... I'll be sure to relay your request."

"... Thanks." Lilo says. "... Miss Grand Councilor Lady? Can I ask something else?"

"I suppose I have time for another question."

"Someday, I want to go out there, too, and find them. Is there a way that Stitch and I could do that?"

The woman stares down at Lilo. "That might be difficult - Stitch is officially exiled to here. It would take some doing to override that, and let him travel as he will..." She pauses. "... But, this World is very likely to be officially Opened, soon, what with this hamsterwheel business. Perhaps, when that happens, you and Stitch can join the Galactic Federation's Star Command. By working for us in an official capacity, we might be able to sidestep all the debating."

Lilo smiles. "Alright."

"But it won't be easy. It will take a lot of study and hard work. We don't accept just anyone into Star Command."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

You see time flash by. Lilo grows older, becomes a young woman, and moves from her home alongside Stitch, and makes for the stars. You see her in a dorm with another girl, and see her study and train. And in time, you see her stand among other uniformed men and women, as a massive man crouches down, and gives her and Stitch a Pin. The two salute, but share eye contact out of the corner of each other's eyes.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Somewhere out there... your friends are waiting. We'll find them, Stitch, you'll see."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

You see their vessel, fully repaired, flying through The Space Between alongside the same black-and-green-clad man as before, giving chase to the same wooden vessel as before. A cannon shot slams into the black-and-green-clothed man, sending him careening backwards.

"Agghh!"

"John!" Lilo calls out.

"I'll be alright! Keep going, and be careful!" the man shouts over intercom.

"Ih!" Stitch replies as the ship's backup swiftly vanishes from view. Lilo and Stitch press on, following the vessel even as it tries to shake them, keeping pace even as it does sheer turns and batters at them with cannonballs.

You see Facilier step into view, as portals of darkness open around him.

"You're not gonna get us with that again!" Lilo says, dodging every last blast flung their way. She dips to avoid a wall of energy bursting from one portal, and Facilier clicks his tongue in annoyance.

Yellow serpents burst from the dark portals, so long that even upon reaching their target they have not yet fully left the portals they come from. The red ship weaves between them, as they retract into their portals before launching again.

"Grrrr...!" Lilo growls as one just barely misses the ship.

"Lilo-" Stitch calls out, before the vessel is hit from behind - one of the serpents had turned around mid-flight and slammed into the top of the ship.

"Stitch!" Lilo shouts as the serpent returns to its portal, and debris drifts away from the ship. "... Stitch! Are you alright!?"

There is no answer. Lilo looks about, tapping the intercom again. "Stitch! Come on."

Facilier smirks, and Lilo doesn't notice the massive laser of energy until it is upon her ship.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

Lilo wakes, and groans. Blood streams down her face, from a shallow cut in her forehead. "... Where..." Her eyes widen. "STITCH!"

She looks about, and realizes that her ship is dead in the water - and a gaping hole has pierced the front window of the cockpit, going all the way through the vessel. She stares numbly at it, noting that by sheer luck the attack hadn't actually hit her. She groans again, clutching her head. "This is... everything's down. I... I can't even hail anyone."

You can see the darkness starting to fill the inside of the vessel. Lilo curls up in her seat, head bowed into her knees.

"... I'm sorry, Stitch. I... I messed up. If I had been more careful... you-"

"Lilo?"

Lilo looks up from her knees, to see Stitch crawling into the ship through the front hole. She stares at him. "You- You're..."

"Ohana. Nobody gets left behind." Stitch hops onto the control panel, and starts messing with wires. A few seconds later, a red light turns on, and starts blinking. "Lilo won't get rid of Stitch that easy."

She smiles, even as tears start to stream down her face. "You know, we're in the middle of nowhere. Who's gonna come rescue us?"

Stitch shrugs.

"... So that's that, then." She says. "... At least we're here together. Sorry... we never found your friends."

Stitch shakes his head, hopping into her lap. "Stitch is happy. Stitch has best friend right here."

Lilo pulls him close, and the two sit in silence, staring at the stars as their ship drifts in the darkness...

Your vision becomes strangely distorted, fuzzy lines of white and black obscuring your sight and a strange crackling in your ears. You're having a hard time making things out, but you appear to be seeing through someone else's eyes. You can see that you're looking out over a massive town, cloaked in the colors of dusk. Despite the distortion, everything feels real, moreso than most other visions. You're... not sure how to explain it.

"You're early." Your gaze turns away from the town to look to your left. You recognize the man walking past you to sit to your right as Number 8.

"Nah, you're just late," you reply. Your voice seems mixed, between your own voice... and Kairi's. It's a strange sensation.

"You got me there." Number 8 hands you a bar of some kind of blue ice - ice cream, you think. You take it by the wood stuck into it, and take a bite out of it. Mmmm. Salty yet sweet!

You and Number 8 eat your ice cream in peace, watching over the town. You think words pass between you, but you're more focused on the hustle and bustle beneath you, and the taste of ice cream down your throat.

"Say. I bet you don't know why the sun sets red."

"Well, you'd bet right."

"Heh. Get this memorized. It'll be on the test later." The man says, pointing at the sun with his ice cream. "See, light is made up of lots of different colors. And of those colors, red is the one that travels the furthest, when it gets messed with. It just powers right through interference, and gets to where it's going."

"Huh," you say. "I'm guessing you're reeeaall proud of knowing that."

"Please. You know how it is for us Nobodies," Number 8 replies. "But keep it memorized. Got it?"

"... Sure."

The two of you continue to watch the sunset. But in time, your gaze turns to Number 8.

"Number 8... Axel." The man raises an eyebrow at your use of the alias. "If you know so much, I've got another question. A serious one."

"Shoot, I guess."

"... WhAt AM i, rEalLy?" Your world distorts even more, and you find yourself falling.

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

"Any progress?"

"... No, sir. I apologize. We'd developed 103 units. None had shown any will of their own. This... this shouldn't have been possible." There is a pause. "My work is a failure. I'll do away with the others. I apologize for wasting your time."

Your world is even blurrier than before. You can hardly make anything out. The words reach you, but the voices are impossible to make out.

"..."

"Sir?"

"This one. It sees."

"... Specimen 104. I tried... something different, with it. Just a... minor curiosity."

"Your curiosity seems to have worked. Keep it. Delete the others."

That was... uncanny. You shake your head, realizing that you still have very important business to get to. You decide that Vision can wait until later.

Eventually, dinner finishes, the skyshow ends, and everyone looks fairly tired and content with what they ate. Goofy offers you the guest room and the couch in the living room, so you don't have to go all the way back to Disney Castle.

[] Accept
[] Decline

Music:
Live the Magic (Instrumental)
Super Mario Galaxy - Family
Live the Magic (Ballad Version)
KH2 - Missing You
FFXIV - Hunger
Lilo and Stitch - I'm Lost
Project Destati - At Dusk, I Will Think of You
KH:CoM - Disquieting

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision History
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer

oog: This is the last update for Day 57, next update your VP will reset.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 10th, 2018, 7:57 pm

James Report 11: The Arts of Magic

Beyond the forms of combat magic that you use and see used in KHVD, aside from the forms of magic that appear unique to specific worlds, there are higher schools of magic which are universally available, if one can only learn. These "Arts of Magic," as they're called, each have their own laws and regulations, upheld not necessarily by the Galactic Federation but by the mages who study the Arts themselves. It is considered a deep and terrible crime to betray these tenets, and many a mage has been hunted down and slain mercilessly for their sins.

Even within a single Art there may very well be differences in how magic is cast and handled - holes in knowledge or understanding that change the nature of the caster's magic. Often, combining the knowledge gained from two different arts will produce extraordinary new spells.

These are a few of the Arts of Magic.

Animation Magics - An art created to give a simulacrum of life to another object. By instilling an object with a will, the object bounces to life and acts according to that will. Beginning mages start by imposing a single order upon the object, which is usually a function the object normally can used for, but under the order does itself. More advanced mages will grant greater, more complex orders upon the target, willing it to move and act according to its master’s wishes until finally the magic fades. Masters may even create temporary simulacrums of themselves - lingering wills that act and speak and maybe even think as their creator did, usually as a method to transport information when the mage cannot. In ancient times, wielders of this art sought to transcend mere imitation, and create true life. However, this desire has fallen out of vogue, for much the same reasons as the active search to create robots with hearts and souls did.

Matoya is a well known master of this Art, and has taught her students well, though each has picked up differing specialties within this art.

Scanning Magics - an art that allows one to sense things that normal senses cannot. A novice could enhance one’s senses, or view things from a distance. A master can create new senses for themselves, and can even see the flow of magic itself. One can even use other magics over a great range. This makes the art important both to those who would abuse magic without getting caught… and those who wish to catch the former.

Matoya and Merlin spent quite some time studying this Art, though they each possess differing specialties therein.

Marking Magics - a powerful and dangerous art, wherein other arts are turned into words or symbols, be they ink on paper, a pattern of paint, bricks upon a wall, or any other form of image-making. Through the use of other Magics, Marking Magics can cause almost anything to occur. Masters of the art not only know how to translate their work into runes, but how to shrink these runes and combine them with other runes. An important tenet of Marking Magics is not to place Marks upon an unwilling living being, not only because of the sheer control a wielder of Marking Magics can impose upon their target, but because of the difficulty and pain inherent in placing and removing a mark from flesh.

Kairi has suffered the ordeal of having a highly intricate and advanced form of Marking Magic worked upon her, a form that implies an unrivaled master of this Art and possibly others. Because of the usefulness of this art, many mages have at least a basic understanding of the Art. However, their talent tends to vary, which unfortunately informs their ability to understand and perhaps counteract the effects of Kairi's case.

Illusion Magics - an art designed to manipulate the senses. Wielders of this art eventually learn to create illusions that reach all of the natural senses. Often used to entertain, or to hide things. Many a showman has used Illusion Magics to astound and amaze. At extraordinary levels, masters of the Art create illusions that seem to trick reality itself, creating constructs that can be walked on or struggled against to no avail, so long as those interacting with it do not see it for the trickery it is. Skilled Illusionists can pass themselves off as masters of other Arts, and some may even get away with it.

Donald is a notable wielder of the Art of Illusions.

Shaping Magics - the art of manipulating objects to make them change form. To make bigger, to make smaller, to change a square into a circle, to change an elephant into a mouse. It is a highly malleable method of magic, and has many wide uses, often limited only by the wielder's skill and imagination. However, such magics can often backfire, if cast poorly.

Shantotto, a former Court Mage, was known to be able to vastly change her size at will, becoming a giant who terrorized the battlefields she trod upon.

Warding Magics - the Warding arts are defensive in nature - meant to guard and protect, or block passage. Most Magics of this sort require a centerpoint or anchor to keep it in place, though some can weave a centerpoint into the ward itself, though the latter method has proven incredibly dispellable by a Keyblade Wielder. Wards can also be used to link two or more other forms of magic. Warding Magic has been the method used by many, many ships traveling the Space Between in the past.

Admiral Grimmitz, a former Court Mage, was known as a master of the Art of Warding, and trusted it such that he was often spied standing on the outside of his own ship, without protective gear.

Spirit Magics - the Spirit arts are exceptionally risky and fraught with peril, as they involve the direct manipulation of one’s spirit - the Heart and Soul. The Keyblade Order was said to be incredibly capable of using Magics of this sort, in conjunction with other forms of Magic, to do extraordinary but outright terrifying things. However, they also allow insight into the heart, allowing one to identify or even heal damage done to the heart, and can, in some highly rare cases, be useful in psychological therapy, allowing one to safely recall and thus come to accept things they could not before.

With the loss of the Keyblade Order, the deeper knowledge and mastery of this Art is thought by many to be completely extinct. However, some basics still are known among a few mages.

Distortion Magic - Used almost exclusively to create distortions in space or time. An Art capable of allowing one to create their own entrances and exits from worlds. Slowing the aging process, teleporting, and other such feats are within the bounds of Distortion Magic. Corridors of Darkness are examples of this. It also takes an understanding of Distortion Magic, or Scanning Magic, to detect naturally occurring distortions. There is some speculation that an exceptional mastery of this art may prove the gateway to Universally Applicable Time Travel, but no one has proven insane enough to try.

Many masters of this Art have historically been tied to the Darkness, and feared for it. But Master Xehanort, a notable Keybearer during the Second Apokoliptian War and The Clone War, was fairly proficient in its use, and saved many lives using it.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 28th, 2018, 5:40 pm

ig:
Day 57
Disney Castle
Time - Light Up The Sky

You find yourself deciding you're far too tired to make the trip all the way back to the Castle. Goofy notes that the Queen will likely be busy going over Jiminy's Journal tomorrow, freeing up the day for the three of you - though Goofy himself may have some duties to deal with, as Captain of the Guard.

After some deliberation (Namely, nobody wanting to sleep on the couch), Kairi bunks with Pistol, while you and Riku stay in the guest room.

"This world is... something else. Everyone seems so carefree," Riku mutters. "... For the most part."

You think about the Blot. As far as you can guess, Pistol and PJ are... were Pete's kids. And that woman... was their mom.

But she's not here anymore. Did she... die?

Did Pete kill her? She seemed fine in your Vision.

The thought hurts you, in your heart, creating a weight you can't quite define. You shake the feeling off.

"It reminds me of the islands. Sure, we had our problems... but for the most part, we were happy." Riku settles in on his side of the bed. "... but that might be rose-colored lenses talking."

"You don't know what you have until its gone?" You ask. All the talking about your journey thus far has made Riku nostalgic, it seems.

"Hm. That sounds about right."

It is with those thoughts that you fall asleep.

Dream Vision
"If you can’t trust your allies to be where they need to be, you can't trust anyone!"

A 5-year-old Riku slides back across the sand, armed with a wooden sword. Standing opposite him is a fairly young woman with blonde hair, armed with a simple pole about the length of a shortsword. Riku's mother. She flourishes the blade, taking a step forward, her peg-leg digging into the beach.

"They can take care of themselves, and if they can't, there's not much you can do to save them anyway. You're the only one you should worry about in a fight. Make the path the others need, and don't waste time looking back to make sure they're following it. That's what it is to be a Trailblazer."

Riku nods. "... Yes, mom."

"Now come at me again. I've yet to see you draw my full attention."

Riku grits his teeth, and charges... only to be knocked right off his feet by his mother's next parry. He starts to get up, but startles and rolls away from a followup attack.

"A sea monster won't give you the chance to escape I just did." Riku's mother narrows her eyes as she advances, continuing an assault that seems just as much aimed at invisible others as it is aimed at Riku. "Fighting defensively and reactionary like this won't get you anywhere closer to opening up a path! Your enemy has ten limbs, and is keeping you occupied with just two! Your Vanguard can't get through or rescue you! Your Tactician is frantically changing orders to the flunkies because the opening YOU were supposed to make isn't there yet! Your ship is being rammed with a great tentacle over and over again!" Riku dodges and rolls away from each attack from his prone position... until he's grabbed by the ankle, and thrown into the ocean. "Dodge with purpose! Strike while defending! Your ship is sinking and you're doing nothing!"

Riku pulls himself out of the water, and sits, panting heavily.

"What do you want outta life?" Riku's mother asks.

"... I want... to protect the things that matter most..."

"Then you need strength and discipline. More strength than you've got in those scrawny limbs of yours, and more discipline than your mind can keep to. Every time you waste time flinching away from attacks in fear, you're opening yourself up to additional attacks, at best. At worst, you're failing your team, and making it harder for them to do their jobs.” She flourishes her pole, sheathing it. “That failure is the difference between your foe’s defeat, perhaps with some casualties on your side, and your quarry getting away and your entire crew dying alongside you. If that doesn't matter most, then your priorities are skewed."

Riku gets up shakily and turns to face his mom... only to find his face covered with a flung towel.

"Dad's probably up and cooking by now. Go home and take a bath, go have breakfast. The ocean can't quench your stench. You're dismissed till tomorrow."

"Right!" Riku nods and runs off. His mother watches for a while, before turning back towards the ocean. She sighs.
Day 58
Disney Castle
Time - Topsy Turvy Day

When you wake, Goofy, Max, PJ, and Sylvia are gone.

"The boys are off doing military stuff," Pistol tells you when you ask, chewing at some sausage nonchalantly, "and Sylvia's at work at DSou College."

"College?" Riku asks. The word is unfamiliar to you. You've read it somewhere, but you didn't understand it then.

"It's a kind of school. Higher education and stuff."

"Education," Riku hums. "So, like a bunch of masters seeking apprentices?"

"... I guess. Though they teach a bunch of people at once." That sounds a bit like...

"So, uh..." Riku starts.

"Like a classroom, but a bigger deal?" Kairi asks, stepping into the kitchen. You were just thinking that.

"That's pretty much it. Wait, how did he not think of that first?"

"You'll have to forgive Riku. Most people on the Islands are taught their craft directly by a master." Kairi sits at the table, and you pass her some waffles Pistol helped you find. "And their parents before that." Kairi starts cutting her food up.

"And you?"

"I... kinda understand the concept of a classroom-based school. Something like it ended up on Mom's desk shortly before... well. Before."

"Wait, you guys didn't go to school!?" Pistol stares, mouth gaping. "What did you guys do all day!?"

"Learned by doing, I guess." Riku replies. "Learned how to fight by fighting each other. Mucked about on the Playground Island. Pestered the adults into teaching us stuff."

"Riku and Sora were looking into being Guardians. I was kinda along for the ride, but unlike them I put my efforts into the non-fighty parts of the job. Navigating, tactics, that sort of thing."

"We'd be lost without you," Riku admits. That's not what he said back on the islands. Things have changed...

"I was also the Mayor's daughter, so she made a point of having me learn politics and interpersonal stuff. Master Seymour was a great tutor in all that stuff."

"Alright, I'm super jealous. We go to school every day, Monday to Friday, and they try to stuff all sorts of junk in our heads. Most of it's a waste of time."

"Maybe for you. But that sounds like a great way to teach different students different stuff. Maybe one finds out they like a few different things, and pursue that later, while someone else finds an interest in something else..."

As Kairi and Pistol discuss the pros and cons of Disney Town's public education system, you consider how you're going to spend your day.

Disney Town Mission List, Time: Topsy Turvy Day (4 Time Periods Left. Sora, Riku, and Kairi Available)
All in the Search of Knowledge: The Royal Library is open for your use, surely there's cool stuff you haven't read about in there!
The King's Secret Stash: The Queen suggested that perhaps you should check out the King's personal collection of books in the Library. This is the perfect opportunity to learn a bit more about the Keyblade Order...
The Magic Kingdom: Well, you have a free day, maybe you should spend it exploring Disney Town. Who knows what kind of amazing stuff you'll find? Shops to browse, people to talk to, things to see, maybe trouble to solve?
The Extremely Big School: Well, Pistol's told you about this college thing, maybe you can check it out?
The Magical Castle: Why go out and explore the rest of the world when there's so much in the castle? Even discounting the library, you're sure there's all sorts of amazing stuff around here!

Music:
Kingdom Hearts BBS: Mickey Mouse March

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision Log, Part 1
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer

oog:
I am holding a sort of informal poll on the KHVD Discord regarding the contents of future James Reports. Come on by and put in your two cents!
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 30th, 2018, 5:43 pm

ig:
Day 58
Disney Castle
Time - Topsy Turvy Day (Mission: All in the Search of Knowledge/The King's Secret Stash)

The three of you decide to spend some time looking through the Royal Library. After saying farewell to Pistol, the three of you start making your way to Disney Castle. You find it impossible to remember where the Monorail is, but when some passerby residents notice you wandering about, they happily help you find what you're looking for.

Kairi leans on you as you look out over the town. The town seems active below you as you speed by, and you see fireworks and other extraordinary illusions burst from various squares throughout the town. It's as you pass by an illusion of a bald kid doing battle with some shirtless fire user that the announcer points out that Disney Castle is just a stone's throw away from the next stop.

"Guess that's us," Riku says. "Geez, do they gotta celebrate every day? I feel like that would get obnoxious."

"That's because they all have a lot to celebrate." You look up from your seat, and see that cat lady from yesterday peeking over from her seat behind you. Shtola, you think? "The Magic Kingdom, as some call it, is significantly better off than many worlds. Precious few supervillains, wars, or unknowable monsters with a taste for murder here. And many, especially those who came from other worlds, are acutely aware of it." Shtola gets out of her chair, and clutches to the handrails on the ceiling as she walks into proper view. "Compounding this fact with the fact that those same immigrants bring their own culture with them, and of course there are always several reasons to be happy, and celebrate life."

"It just seems a bit much," Riku says as the Monorail comes to a complete stop. The four of you depart, making your way from the Monorail to Disney Castle.

"Some would speak as you do. More than a few visitors to this world call it decadent, an excuse for debauchery and ignorance, all allowed and endorsed by the Queen."

"But it's not her fault, is it?" Kairi asks.

Shtola taps her chin with the middle of her fingers. "She does not pay for them, in the standard sense of the word. No Munny pours directly from her coffers into the festivities. And she of course plays patron to very few of them, if she watches them at all from the windows of her bedroom. However, with her power she grants them the luxury of safety, safety enough to have these celebrations every day."

"You mean the Cornerstone?"

"Of course. With the stone's power, the entire world need not fear intruders - it would take a darkness a magnitude greater than has been seen in one place to break the shield of light the Queen carries. And considering there is no shortage of those who would like to see Disney Castle fall to its knees... Many feel the lack of such happenings proof that this world is simply invincible. Between that and the kingdom's unique... monopoly, I suppose is the word... on Keyblade Wielders, The Queen of course has extraordinary power over this world... and perhaps the Galactic Federation as a whole."

"... Wait, what are you saying?" Riku accuses. "That she's using us?"

Shtola comes to a halt, and thinks about it. "I'm sure there will be those who think that. I spoke more of the relationship between her and the King, her husband who, until you arrived, was the only Keybearer alive."

Riku winces, and looks aside.

"What do you think, then?" Kairi asks.

"I am, admittedly, rather the pessimist. But in my time with the Queen... well, even I can find no reason to doubt her intentions. She is altruistic and humble to a degree that is frankly a miracle, considering the power at her disposal."

The three of you let out a breath you hadn't realized you were holding.

"... But miracles cannot last forever," Shtola frowns as the four of you approach the front doors of the castle. "And one can still be poisoned by too much of a good thing."

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

You thought the library in the Highwind was big.

You thought the library in the Comet Observatory was big.

But the library in Disney Castle?

It's Big.

The three of you could be in here all week and never learn everything this library could teach.

Luckily, you aren't looking to learn everything. You have a single large goal ahead of you.

"Yes?" The absolutely ancient archivist asks as you approach him.

"We're here to read The King's records on the Keyblade Order."

"... Ahhhh, yes, I had heard you might come. You'll find them in the king's personal office. Come with me." The librarian picks himself up, slowly, from his seat, and walks the two of you out the door and down some halls. It's a rather slow process, but eventually he brings you to the door just past the door to the throne room - the room you had considered just yesterday.

The room on the other side looks whimsically warped, in the distinctly Disney architecture you're starting to recognize. The floor is so polished that you can see your own reflection in it, and the walls are adorned mostly with pictures - three standouts to you as your eyes pass across the room are the ones of an old steamboat, a mysterious tower, and of a massive castle overlooking a city. A desk sits near a bookshelf, and you can see a portrait of what you're certain is the King and Queen in rather plainer garb than you've seen them in, enjoying a day on the town.

The librarian leads you to the large bookshelf behind the desk. After tapping at a hidden switch on the desk, the shelf turns in place, revealing a smaller room, with more shelves and other trinkets. There is a desk with what appears to be some kind of chemical reaction in progress - but the liquids being poured into each other appear frozen in time. One wall has a board filled with pictures, articles, and string connecting everything.

"Tap this if you wish to leave," the librarian says, pointing to a similar button on the other side. "And be careful not to touch anything beyond the books." With a bow, he turns to leave, and the wall closes behind him.

"Huh," Riku hums, walking over to the bookshelf and perusing the contents. You follow him, and though your thoughts stray to the rest of the room, you and Riku find a fair number of books with interesting titles, leaving you spoiled with choices.
Investigate Roll: 12, 9! Additional Books Found!
What to read, what to read...
The Guiding Key, More Than A Blade, The Lessons of the Tarot, and The Reports found!

Pick Two:
[] "The Guiding Key: a Beginner's Guide to the Keyblade Order's Beliefs, Volume 1" by Master Yen Sid
[] "In Your Hand, Take This Key: The Rites of the Keyblade Order, Volume 1" by Master Eraqus
[] "More Than a Blade: Key Aspects of the Keyblade, Volume 1" by Master Ephemer
[] "The Key to Victory: The Art of War, Volume 1" by Master Fa Zhou
[] "A Comprehensive History of the Keyblade Order, Volume 1" by Master Yen Sid
[] A tattered old notebook, labeled "The Lessons of the Tarot"
[] A number of heavily damaged notes, bundled together and put in a bag labeled "The Reports"
[] Check out the experiment frozen in time.
[] Check out The King's conspiracy board.
[] Check the pictures in the main office.

Music:
Kingdom Hearts BBS - Mickey Mouse March
FFXIV - The Mushroomery
Kingdom Hearts - It Began with a Letter

Data:
KHT Manual
Shop Sheet
Jiminy's Journal
Ansem Reports
Sora's Vision Log, Part 1
Gummi Map
Most Current Battle Map

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Members
Gummi Ship
Command Chainer
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » May 30th, 2018, 11:28 pm

⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘James Report: Disney Castle⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘⫘

The world designated "D390112" is known by many names. Disney Castle, after the castle that holds the ruler of the world. Disney Town, after the town around the castle, the seedbed upon which the entire kingdom was born. Disney Kingdom, Disneyland, and The Magic Kingdom, acknowledging the state of the rest of the world. Some replace "Disney" with "Disney's," or call it Disney's Magic Kingdom, acknowledging the legendary founder of the original town set on a great river.

Records once found in the library of the Keyblade Order (but now seemingly lost forever) indicate that Walt Disney was a Keyblade Wielder, come to that world in pursuit of two mighty clashing powers. A force of absolute light, known as Whiteout, had been entrapped in mortal combat with a force of absolute darkness known as The Blot. In their conflict, these forces caused great damage to the worlds to which they came, reducing the worlds to black and white nightmare realms. In order to stop these creatures once and for all, Walt led a force of Keyblade Wielders with the aim of sealing away both of them.

Whiteout was sealed away within a great crystal orb, one designed specifically for the purpose of capturing them both. However, it proved incapable of the task of containing them both, and The Blot escaped, weakened though it was.

The crystal was enshrined on the site of the battle, and those who lived nearby eventually came to live there, serving as guardians over the ancient stone. A young girl, the daughter of the founder of the town, bound herself to the stone and obtained extraordinary power. For a time, they used this power of light to protect their people and their home, but the art slipped into obscurity.

This is where the records end, for this timeless little river itself fell into obscurity, having proven itself safe and in balance, and therefore without need for supervision.

The world itself remained obscure for a long, long time, though the village founded on that river and near that crystal became a town, then a city-state, then a kingdom that spanned an entire continent. It was not until a thousand years before Sora's journey began that the world would once again find itself crossing paths again with the Keyblade Order, and the wider Multiverse itself.

It was a minor war between two worlds that saw Disney's Kingdom invaded and much of the world subjugated or ruined, before the Keyblade Order came to save them. Unnerved by the circumstances of their world's Opening, and the nature of the worlds beyond their sight, The Magic Kingdom's leader, Queen Mallory Mouse, practiced a highly isolationist stance, and resumed a tradition that had slipped by the wayside- that of the Queen of Disney Castle further enhancing her connection to the Cornerstone of Light - a crystal that now slept beneath the castle. For some time, the bond between Queen and Crystal had been mostly a formality, but Queen Mallory Mouse drew upon ancient lore and mystic rites to revitalized and deepened her connection to the Cornerstone, imbuing it with light. Using this light, the Queen restored that which had been damaged by the war, and reforged The Wall that had once protected the Kingdom, expanding it to cover her kingdom, then expanding it even further to protect the very World. In this way, The Magic Kingdom remained safe and unspoiled.

But in the dark recesses of the worlds, an ancient foe began to stir, spurred from its healing sleep through the ebbs and flows of its equal opposite. Its shadows extended as light was cast upon it, and it began to grow once more. This would not bear fruit until about 21 years before KHVD.

In the meantime, Disney Castle would loosen their isolationist stance, gazing out into the world and seeing not the dangers that threaten it, but the good that can be done for it. In this way, Queen Melissa Mouse spurred her people into action, and stood alongside their old friends the Keyblade Order to put an end to the great wars of the past. You can see Melissa's signature near the very top of the treaty that formed The World Order, signed about 150 years before KHVD.

Since that time, Disney Castle as served as a paragon of peace, prosperity, and graciousness to the world, becoming one of the primary superpowers in their part of the worlds. They have a long-lasting rivalry with Olympus, dating back to just before the World Order, where they served as the Magic Kingdom's primary opponent. Disney put a halt to many of Olympus' intergalactic slave-trade and world domination schemes, something that the two still have quite a bit of bad blood over.

The two now serve as two of the most desirable locations to emigrate to. We will talk about Olympus' policy at some later James Report, but today we'll talk about The Magic Kingdom's.

Disney Castle does everything it can to make all of their citizens at home, and give them comfortable lives. The Cornerstone makes protecting the world nearly trivial, and the military, while well-trained, are mostly focused on low-risk duties, unless they're actively going out to work as part of Star Command.

This all said, becoming a citizen is hard for one reason - capacity. They have an upper limit regulating how many immigrants they take in over time before closing the doors to assess the population situation, to ensure that they can keep up with things. Expect a tidal wave of immigrants every time the doors open, only for about 25% of them to be accepted - everyone else often has to go home. Other than that upper limit, becoming a citizen here is fairly simple. Take a test, be interviewed, and boom done. The exact nature of the test and interview can vary, based on Disney Castle's needs - often the test helps pick out people who can fill niches that a city or town may be missing. If there is need for more farmers, they often work to ensure that farmers get in. If there is a desire for more biological experts to help this or that research along, they make a point of getting those people in before the others. Entry is often based on merit.

That said, there is a pass that gets you in far more easily - the Disney Town Passports. Simply possessing one vastly shortens your wait to get into or out of Disney Town, allowing you to bypass the lines most immigrants use. They're also a status symbol - those who notice you carrying that card will most likely already treat you as family. They are exceedingly rare, and are given out directly by the Queen - or to those the Queen trusts to hand out to people who definitely would fit in at The Happiest Place in the Multiverse.

Once upon a time, there was a little Kingdom by a lake. This was not a happy Kingdom by any means.
Their farmlands were barren and their water was dirty.
Their walls were weak and their neighbors picked on them.
The Kingdom was tired and grey.

The people looked to the castle, and cried out:
"Our farmlands are barren, our people are starved! We beg of you, please help us!"
And of the royal family, only the Princess heard their pleas.
The Princess held a heart of Light, full of Hope, full of Sorrow.
So she turned to her family heirloom, a mighty Crystal, and begged:

"My people cry bitter tears, o Crystal,
They cry for food,
For their lands are famished.
Their children starve,
their mothers weep.
Must this be so?"

And the Crystal awoke, and answered:

"Nay, it need not be so.
With your tears of Sorrow,
I may free them.
I may restore their lake.
I may feed their crops.
And through this, your people will be happy.
They will cry no more tears."

And so the Princess shed her tears onto the Crystal.
The Crystal's Light shone, and by it the land was nourished.
Crops flourished, and made it to the plates of the people.
The lake was purified, and none were sick from drinking it.
The Kingdom was filled with joy and prosperity,
And the people loved their Princess.

But the light of the land was looked upon with jealousy.
The Kingdom's neighbors sought to take the land for themselves.
The Kingdom's walls were weak, and the Kingdom was invaded.

The people looked to the castle, and cried out:
"Our homes are stolen, our people wounded! Please help us!"
The Princess held a heart of Light, full of Hope. Gone was Sorrow.

They cry for solace,
For their lands are stolen,
Their children are hurting,
Their mothers are kidnapped.
Must this be so?"

And the Crystal awoke, and answered:

"Nay, it need not be so.
With your Hopes and dreams,
I may free them.
I may drive away their foes.
I may return their friends.

And so the Princess reflected off the Crystal her Hopes and dreams,
The Crystal's Light shone, and by it the war was ended.
Foes were defeated, and families were reunited.
The fallen rose, hale and whole, safe and sound.
The Kingdom was filled with joy and prosperity,
And the people loved their Princess.

But the people wished for more: the kingdom remained grey and tired in their eyes.
Though their crops were healthy, they wanted more Light.
Though their foes were gone, they still hated the Dark.

The people looked to the castle and cried out:
"Our land is dull, our nights too dark! Help us!"
The Princess held a heart of Light. Gone was Hope. Gone was Sorrow.

They cry for Light,
For their lands are dull,
Their children are lost,
Their mothers are scared.
Must this be so?"

The Crystal woke, but was quiet for a time.

"Nay, it need not be so.
But I cannot ask of you what is needed."

The Princess begged again:

"You have taken my Sorrow and my Hopes.
You have healed my heart, and hurt it.
But I care not. My people need the light.
What you need, I give freely."

The Crystal answered:

"With your Light and your life,
I may free them.
I may bring stars to the night sky.
I may bring color to their world.

And so the Princess smiled, and shone her light upon the Crystal,
The Princess' Light mixed with the Crystal's, and by them did the world shine.
Viridian filled the grass and the trees,
Aquamarine covered the seas,
Gold erupted from the sun, and specks of it lit the night sky.
The World was filled with joy and prosperity.
And the people loved the Princess.

But when they came to the Princess,
To finally thank her for all she had done,
They found her still, grey and tired.
And they wept bitter tears, and cried:
"Our Princess is dead, our beloved gone! Please, somebody, help us!"

And the Crystal awoke.

"You brought this upon her,
You abused her tears of Sorrow.
You stole her Hopes and dreams.
And now you have begged and obtained her Light and her life.
But it need not be so.
With your tears of Love,
I may free her.
I may bring color back to her cheeks,
I may restore Light to her eyes.
But you must be happy with this,
for she cannot give any more to you,
though she will wish it so.
After this, you must cry no more tears."

And so they cried their bitter tears, and professed their Love for their gentle Princess.
The light of their Love reached the Crystal, and by it was the girl restored.
Her breath returned, and she moved once more.
Her hopes were restored, and her tears were of joy.
The people was filled with joy and prosperity.
And they loved the Princess, for love is the only truly unending Light.

This is but one of many variations of a fairytale told to children in Disney Town. Scholars have speculated that the Crystal in this story is, in fact, the Cornerstone, and many attempts have been made to attribute the role of Princess to this or that monarch throughout history.

It is not known that the original fairytale is still kept deep in a secret library in Disney Castle, and in it, the Princess is not revived - she lays dead forevermore.

The Cornerstone's power is available only to those with good, kind hearts filled with Light, and many a would-be despot has failed to take the throne, for they proved unable to wield the light of the stone. However, it is feared that this kindness may sometimes be too great in measure, that like the Princess in the fairytale, a future Queen may give too much of herself to her people. It is for that reason that the original fairytale stays in the castle, as a desperate warning to those destined to take the throne, to never wield the power of the Cornerstone foolishly, for even as you draw from it, it draws from you.

It is for this reason that the Queen has servants tasked with ensuring the prosperity of the kingdom with more mundane methods. The Court Mage, The Royal Handmaiden, The Captain of the Royal Guard, and The King all serve vital roles in ensuring that the Queen never has to draw upon her full might, and give her Light and her life for the realm.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Wraith5 » February 14th, 2019, 10:49 pm

Note: this has been fully moved to the SV forums.
Beginning of thread
Last post (as of 14 February 2019)

(Figured I'd leave this here for anyone left on this site who hadn't checked over to SV. I hadn't until today... :shy:)
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Return to “%s” Quests