The 'Let's Play' Recommendations Thread

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: The 'Let's Play' Recommendations Thread

Unread postby Darkandus » July 3rd, 2010, 10:54 pm

Onimusha is pure gold, Anyone who doesn't know what it is missed out big time.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » July 4th, 2010, 10:01 am

I'd like to recommend two Let's Plays. Both are entirely in video format though.

First, Kowbrainz's Persona 3 FES. Unfinished, but updates regularly and in good chunks (average video length is about 30 minutes). Some good/funny commentary and Kowbrainz is an Aussie and therefore has a lovely accent. Always a plus in my book. Also, since it's mostly blind, he makes some hilarious mistakes.

Secondly, Giant Bomb's Persona 4 "Endurance Run", which is basically another name for a Let's Play. Completed (I think), though I'm only up to Part 11, and with absolutely hilarious commentary. Also, Giant Bomb has a tvtropes page...
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby Lunaludus » August 24th, 2010, 5:22 am

I've been waiting a long time to be able to say this:

Let's Play Fate/Stay Night. (Screenshots + videos)
Lunaludus

Unread postby MEKristian » August 24th, 2010, 12:50 pm

Curses, that Brings "Finish Heaven's Feel" up on my to-do list. But still below "Finish writing chapter 2".

Also, Five goons + Sonic 2006 + Playing Blind = PROFIT! (for us)
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Satori » August 24th, 2010, 3:16 pm

Cuban Isolationists a CIVILIZATION IV SG.

Also known as "fear the power of Clerics with Portfolios (TM)"

excellent intro to CIV 4 if you haven't played it

EDIT: modarnit, someone posted this already. Will add an Xcom LP as soon as i dig up the link.
Satori

Unread postby DidelotM1 » August 24th, 2010, 4:56 pm

A Let's play of Dragon Age Origins. It's very amusing for two reasons. One, he gets SOO into it I'm like 'dude, it's a game.' and Two, he has no idea generally what he's doing at the start which means he lets his injuries pile on top of one another.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Toegoff#g/c ... C1229F08EE
DidelotM1

Unread postby ShonenHero » March 31st, 2011, 9:29 pm

*raises thread* Been watching a lot of Lets Plays this past month to pass the time, and I've come across a few that I really enjoy:

Dead to Rights, played by slowbeef and Diabetus
This is by far my most favorite out of my recommendations. Dead to Rights is just one of those games, bad in all the right places, giving the LPers plenty to delightfully snark on. And oh do they snark.

If any of you managed to watch the above LP, and for some warped reason grew fond of Jack and Shadow then you're in luck! Namco recently published another game to the Dead to Rights franchise, and decided (like most producers these days) to do a reboot! Said reboot is called Dead to Rights: Retribution, a more 'gritty' take on the first DtR (go ahead, start laughing). slowbeef and Diabetus decided to honor this new reboot of the franchise with an LP of it's own, linked here

For my final offering of Lets Play Recommendations, I bring to the table another slowbeef and Diabetus Lets Play, where they took on Hideo Kojima's Snatcher. Snatcher is something of a product of it's era, that while not necessarily a bad game, compared to most modern adventure game fare it hasn't aged well. That said, slowbeef is a die-hard fan of it, and managed to drag his friend Diabetus into another Lets Play of it here
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby MEKristian » May 8th, 2011, 12:58 am

Thread-Revival-no-Jutsu...?

Lanipator Blindly Plays Amnesia: The Dark Descent. He combines snarking at the game with talking to (and insulting) Daniel at every possible turn. Don't watch if you still want the game to be "scary".

And, for round two, Delicious Cinnamon Plays Vietnamese Pokemon Crystal. This is is a bootlegged version of Pokemon Crystal that was "translated" into English by Vietnamese translators. It didn't work out well. WARNING: Strong language. A lot of it.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby leon89 » May 8th, 2011, 1:19 am

BURN THE NECRO....

Oh,

those are pretty good.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Return to “%s” Quests