Necromancy Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Necromancy Quest

Unread postby doc.exe » October 15th, 2011, 12:50 am

Let's wait and see, but be ready to launch a fireball in Jack's direction if he attemps to do something funny.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » November 11th, 2011, 3:50 pm

Didn't Yrael get over that whole Genocidal Rage st the Abhorsens thing at the end of the thrid book. I mean he had his free will back (and just kinda left) so i think he could have attacked the Abhorsens by now if he was still angry.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby serbii » December 26th, 2011, 9:08 am

Didn't Yrael get over that whole Genocidal Rage st the Abhorsens thing at the end of the thrid book. I mean he had his free will back (and just kinda left) so i think he could have attacked the Abhorsens by now if he was still angry.
He doesn't have his AWESOME POWERZ though, so why risk going back and being rebound? Maybe he got over it, maybe he didn't, maybe he's doing that cat 'feh, I never wanted it anyway' thing, maybe he's biding his time and gathering he legion of woodland followers.

omg update! Could it be!?
Sorry, I'll try not to let it take so long next time.

--------

The most awkward of silences reigns supreme and Leto comes to a conclusion; family reunions are horrible.

All of them.

Well yes, the depths of his experience may have been his aunt; issues there and his forty-years-dead, murderous, monstrous, poisonous magic haemorrhaging uncle (less issues there though). But still, he was looking at a 100% awkward reunion rate. His brain moves onto the next topic, preparing to set Jack, Jacapo, whoever on fire while screaming about being vengeance.

Peri and Jack of them took at Leto, and then back to each other.

“Mine,” Peri says simply while Leto mentally dances a victory jig and declares ‘no backsies’. Jack looks miffed, not mad, just moderately annoyed.

“What could you possibly need him for?”

“Stuff. What do you need him for?”

Leto mentally fills in what 'stuff' is as the conversation continues around him.

“To bring down the wall.”

Of course you don't tell me that, just freaking dance around it for ages then tell her as soon as she asks. Jerkass.

Peri looks at Jacapo for a moment, then to Leto then back to Jack and groans.

“Ok, are you doing this to see what happens when you remove the big magic world separator?” She leaves the impression she's thought of another possibility but would rather not bring it up.

He grins at her and Leto could swear it was sincere, “I can undo it, I can bring back our world, our power.”

“The cost?” She asks, but from her voice she's already guessed, or at least suspects.

“The anchors.”

She groans again, “Oh for fuck’s sake. No. You’ll never get all the Clayr for one thing.”

“It will be enough to get the others.”

“Ok, what the hell is going on!?” Leto breaks in, screw the reunion.

Jack glances at him like ‘oh right, you’re here’ goes back to ignoring Leto. Peri speaks instead.

“When one of the Lines dies out, when the Great Stones or Wall is broken Charter Magic gets weaker and Free Magic gets stronger. Theoretically if we were to get rid of all of them we get our magic back, the world changes back...”

Leto stares at her, if it's that simple... “How have one of you not done it yet?”

Peri watches Jack as she speaks, gauging if her theory is right, “To break the Stones a member of one of the Lines has to be killed on them. Breaking the Wall takes all four.”

Jacapo smirks and she continues.

“But the Wallmakers were missing for so long, the Wall couldn't be broken, and even when they were around none of us would have braved Yrael to get one of the Abhorsen, let alone wipe them out, but now...”

Jack smirks wider. “Now all four Lines are present and unprotected.”

Peri does not look amused, in fact she doesn't show much of any emotion, “Leto, we're leaving.”
serbii

Unread postby Arganaut » December 26th, 2011, 2:32 pm

"Yes Peri!"

Time for us to just go with our tails between our legs with Peri. It's been a long time, and we've got a lot of 'how the fuck did you manage to screw up so badly' insults to take from our lady.
Arganaut

Unread postby livilou » December 26th, 2011, 4:20 pm

"Yes Ma'am."

Oh dear, genocidal immortal things.
livilou

Unread postby ewuvi » December 26th, 2011, 8:15 pm

Leave with Peri. Cautiously.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » December 26th, 2011, 11:10 pm

Stab ALL the bad guys. With fire. Man, wha happened to my hand? Why am I so woozy?
Wittgen

Unread postby Darkandus » December 27th, 2011, 9:26 pm

"Of course we are Peri dear. I'm not planning on going with the man who wants to kill me on a rock."
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » January 14th, 2012, 1:35 am

Right. we have been lazy and ran from all of our problems, but no more. thats channel that shounen hero deep with in us and hurl a ball of pure force several times our body sieze at the immortal who kidnapped us from our beloved peri.

Say it with me. KA-MA-HA-MA-HA.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby NotreallyHere » February 2nd, 2012, 6:54 pm

Let's not Alucard. We should leave with Peri.
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

Little brother - “who is organization XIII”
Me – “meh, bunch a nobodies”
NotreallyHere

Unread postby doc.exe » February 3rd, 2012, 1:09 am

Mmmm... Can't we at least throw a fireball at him as we leave? :biggrin:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby serbii » February 6th, 2012, 8:29 am

And thus have I been nagged and guilted enough to updating. Ahh the vicious cycle of the less you update the harder it is to update.

Wait, did I double the amount of views I had since three pages ago? How am I over 40 thousand… Holy moly. Bots right? O_o

-------------

"Yes Ma'am." He heads towards her as she and the other immortal have a staring contest. She glares as he smirks.

Must. Resist. Urge. To… oh screw it. Leto fires a fireball at Jacapo who promptly sidesteps with a neat, fluid little motion and an incredulous look. Ha! Peri wins the staring contest! And oh, now she’s giving him a look, ah well, she should know him by now. Jack reaches into his coat and Peri moves between him and Leto, unsheathing her sword. Jack stops moving and raises an eyebrow at her.

“Where did you get a Wallmaker sword?”

“Catalogue,” She shoves Leto towards the trees, “Always a pleasure cousin! See you in another five hundred years or so!” He makes a ‘hmph’ sound as she hisses at Leto, “Go.” He runs into the trees, slowing to a jog so Peri can catch up. It doesn’t take her long and they run in silence for a while before Leto speaks up.

“Is he coming?”

“Don’t think so…” she sounds… thoughtful? Concerned? He can’t tell.

"So… family huh?"

"Can’t pick your relatives,” she replies conversationally from a little behind him, working hard to keep up with his longer stride. “Or species.”

He slows a little, striding along as the hurries beside him. The forest is quite before something starts crashing through the undergrowth, Leto’s guess is ‘giant drunken bear’ from the amount of noise it seems to make and wonders what defences one takes against giant drunken bears when Kibeth comes bounding out of the shadows. Peri jumps, not upon the dog appearing but the moment after when she recognises who it is. The dog grins her doggy grin and Peri turns away, both of them coming off a little childish.

“So,” the dog says cheerfully, “that went well.”
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » February 6th, 2012, 9:01 am

Wow, 40k hits. Definitely haven't given up sleep to endlessly refresh, hoping against hope for an update. No sirree.

"For some definitions of well, maybe." Let's collapse. Collapsing sounds good.

Good news is we've been through an ordeal now. That's going to translate bed rest, which score. Even better, it will also net us sex, somewhere, somehow. Truly, in every cloud their is a silver lining. A steamy, sweaty, silver lining.
Wittgen

Unread postby Darkandus » February 6th, 2012, 12:01 pm

Resist the urge to collapse until we have something soft to land on.

Such as Peri. Good thing she's nearby.
Darkandus

Unread postby NotreallyHere » February 6th, 2012, 6:42 pm

Dark's idea is made of win.
Lets make sure to fall facefirst. ;)
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

NotreallyHere

Unread postby serbii » February 10th, 2012, 7:15 am

"For some definitions of well, maybe."

Well, it's been a long day and he's getting tired. Probably can't sleep here huh? What with all the dirt and roots and lack of bed and when has this ever stopped him before? Tired, so tired, exhausted even, unusually so as the tension drains out of him. Shouldn't- oh one of them will catch him right? Leto stumbles and decides to just let gravity do its thing. Unfortunately so do the girls.

-THUMP-

"...bitch"

The dog gives a wuff of amusement, it's the last thing Leto hears.

----

It's dark and cool. Leto cracks opens his eyes and congratulates himself on once again sleeping though the daylight hours, probably while being dragged through the forest by a 'teenage' girl a foot shorter than him and a dog. A fire crackles nearby, Rochelle sits by it feeding scraps of something to Kibeth. Peri's probably around somewhere, and whoever else got dragged along.

To move or not to move?
serbii

Unread postby NotreallyHere » February 10th, 2012, 11:24 am

Not to move.

NotreallyHere

Unread postby Darkandus » February 10th, 2012, 8:42 pm

Question. Are we comfortable? If yes, stay as we are. If no, find a more comfortable position.

Either way, "Is the dog the only one lucky enough to get fed by a beautiful woman or is my luck in too?"
Darkandus

Unread postby doc.exe » February 10th, 2012, 8:52 pm

:agree:

doc.exe

Unread postby NotreallyHere » February 17th, 2012, 11:52 am

Dark's idea is the proper path.

NotreallyHere

Unread postby serbii » February 18th, 2012, 9:56 am

Is he comfortable? Yes. Moving is therefore not required. Some mild snuggling under the blanket perhaps. Mmm, delicious sloth.

"Is the dog the only one lucky enough to get fed by a beautiful woman or is my luck in too?"

She gives a giggly little laugh, “Feeling that frail huh?”

He waves his arms feebly in response.

“Even after sleeping all day?”

“Especially after sleeping all day.”

She rolls her eyes, “I’ll grab you something, but I’m not feeding yo-“

There is an almighty CRACK from nowhere that tears through him. His mind, his soul, his magic? He can’t tell. A feeling of wrongness and nausea. It washes over him like a wave, a sickly flicker of gold and images in his mind as it travels.

-Rochelle gasps and whirls to face south, trembling slightly and going pale.-

-A girl with bushy chestnut hair sits on a stone above a colossal waterfall. She grips tighter and goes pale. A boy who looks like her, her brother? Calls to her in fright.-

-An old woman with the look of the Clayr about her closes her eyes for a moment and composes herself.-

-More Clayr, they flicker by one by one. Getting fainter and harder to see with each that he sees.-

-A woman cradles a crying baby.-

-A glimpse of his aunt and cousin.-

-Men and children.-

-A hall, the shadow of hundreds, a Clayr with grey eyes Sees him, and past him, and faints dead away.-

It all fades and Leto jerks upright, (woah, dizzy, shouldn’t do that so fast). Rochelle is on her knees, looking pale and breathing deeply. Anders (Oh look, he came on their merry field trip too) is holding an armload of firewood and looking confused. Peri’s stands near the treeline, staring at Kibeth who starts back.

Peri is the one to break the silence, “Who?”

“One of the royals.” Kibeth replies, watching her intently.

“He didn’t bother following because…” Peri looks at Leto, then Rochelle, her eyes wide and round as Leto realises what she has. The Wall’s been damaged, and the next two people Jack needs are right here. Leto decides to voice his concerns.

“Uh oh.”

“Grab your things.” Peri snaps at no one in particular, “The House isn’t far, or we might be able to get a boat straight to the Clayr.”

The dog stretches, “It begins.” She turns to Leto, “I take my leave, anything else you wish to ask before I go?”

Questions for Kibeth?
To the Abhorsen House or straight north to the Clayr?
5 more minutes zzzzzzz?
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » February 18th, 2012, 11:18 am

Aww man, now is not the time. We were so comfy. :TT_TT:

Time to be a little serious and grab our things. Lets get to the Clayr as fast as possible.
Darkandus

Unread postby NotreallyHere » March 9th, 2012, 5:35 pm

To the Clayr.

NotreallyHere

Unread postby Arganaut » March 9th, 2012, 5:46 pm

Oh wow, can't believe I didn't notice this had updated.

Questions... hrmmm, well the two biggest questions I can think of are: how can we come into contact with you in the future and just what's going to happen now that the Wall's been damaged.

As for where to go, both seem like obvious choices to me and both are going to be places that are likely to end up getting hit in an attempt to break down the rest of the Wall, so I'll leave this 'bad and worse' choice to others.
Arganaut

Unread postby ewuvi » March 11th, 2012, 12:22 am

Uhm, how could they possibly manage to kill all of the Clayr? What happens if the Abhorsen line dies?
ewuvi

Return to “%s” Quests