A Fool's Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: A Fool's Quest

Unread postby Greybane » August 19th, 2010, 12:51 am

Is there a back door? Window? Burnable distraction?
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby serbii » August 19th, 2010, 4:19 am

Out upstairs window, onto roof.
serbii

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 21st, 2010, 6:39 pm

(Apologize for the late response guys, Job Corps filters finally blocked the alternate domain for these forums. Had to wait 'til I could access an unfiltered wifi. S'fine for now. As for how you're situated, your in the middle of a long stretch of hall way that goes in two directions. You are currently in the entrance of the stair well. Your not entirely certain about the layout of the second floor, but you do know there's a window in your room. Unfortunately, your room faces the front of building, as does the window. If you want to risk it, you can check to see if the coast is clear, and escape that way. Otherwise, you might be risk being spotted by either your pursuer or his retainers. You could also try finding a room facing the back of the Inn, and go escape that way. Any option takes up time to, time that you don't have a lot of...

EDIT: As for burnable distractions, there are some sconces in the hall way with candles in them, but they are unlit. If you wish to light them on fire, along with any furniture in the hallway such as some stand tables holding vases or coat racks, but you'd have to unstrap your pack and search for your matches. Again, time is a constraint.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Calinero » August 23rd, 2010, 9:38 pm

Duck into the back, and look for a window to escape out of inconspicuously. If no escape can be found, change clothes (if possible, and if they would know to look for our current outfit) and...well, I don't think we could cut our hair much shorter than it already is, so that's no good as a disguise. If no window presents itself, find a hiding spot and hope they think they've missed us, since our stuff is gone?
Calinero

Unread postby serbii » August 25th, 2010, 5:22 am

(Sorry, I read this at work then forgot to reply when I got home)

We're not burning down the inn!
Yeah, check the back window. If there's any way we can disguise ourselves quickly do it.
serbii

Unread postby ShonenHero » September 13th, 2011, 4:02 pm

(Ah screw it, I'm going to just let the quest fever take hold of me and see how far I can run this thing before I crash it into the ground.)

You quickly bite your tongue and suck air through your nostrils, not wanting to let make a peep that could make HIM aware of your presence. Once your cheeks become puffy and red with the effort of holding your breath, you do your best to go up the stairs with a graceful, silent economy of movement.

*random die roll*

And promptly lose your balance as you try to go up the steps two at a time, and trip yourself up. With a quick eep, you lunge for a wall sconce and cling to it for dear life as you take a moment to to regain your grace. A second later, your heart drops in your chest as you realize you can no longer here anyone speaking downstairs, and is if to confirm your fears you hear a voice at the entrance of the stairwell.

"Mistress Felicia? Is that you?"

(Tada! Enjoy the update while I try to find a random die generator! :D)
ShonenHero

Unread postby Darkandus » September 13th, 2011, 4:09 pm

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/dice/dice.htm Here you go, you can't link to results, but no-ones going to complain. :biggrin:

We must mimic Mistress Felicia's voice!

Edit: Oh right, we are mistress Felicia, then we must mimic someone elses voice!
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » September 15th, 2011, 5:27 am

Gotta stop reading before I can post.

Just meow, THEY'LL NEVER KNOW!
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » September 15th, 2011, 5:44 am

Wait, why are we avoiding these people in the first place? I reread the thread (an arduous, time consuming task), and I couldn't figure it out.
Wittgen

Unread postby Kodra » September 15th, 2011, 1:57 pm

( I have no idea, but I'm running with paranoia has gripped us. )

Run into the nearest room, lock door behind us, grab sheets, tie them to the bedpost, throw open window, twirl sheets into makeshift rope, throw sheets out window, go hide in closet.
Kodra

Unread postby Darkandus » September 15th, 2011, 5:24 pm

We clearly have a crippling fear of making a fool of ourselves, which results in us looking even more foolish, hence the name of the quest. :biggrin:
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby ShonenHero » September 15th, 2011, 11:34 pm

Haha, who you're running away from and why will be explained in due time (probably within the next couple of updates, depending on a couple of factors.)

...and since no one's outright objected to Darkandus suggestion...

*rolls Felicia's die, then the retainer's opposing die*

For a moment you freeze up at the question, but you shake your head and with a quick cough modulate you're voice a pitch or two higher. "Sorry, sir! Just one of the cleanin' staff on hand at the inn; startled me self when I lost my footin' cleaning the sconces." You take a couple steps up the staircase out of the vision of the entrance, right before the retainer tries to peak his head up the stairwell for a better look at you.

"Oh? Well, alright then, pardon me for disturbing you miss...?"

"Miss Day, sir." Your ears pick up the sound of him shuffling his feet up a step or two, trying to gaze at you in the unlit stairwell. You manage to keep your back turned to him, humming softly in front of a sconce.

"Ah, yes, Day. Well, Miss Day, could I perhaps take a moment of you're time? I have some questions regarding a recent missing person's case, a case the Duchess herself is interested in seeing solved. Keeping that in mind, I bear her Will in this matter, and if you can forgive my lack of coyness: her coin. Could you perhaps step away from your duties for a spell, while I ask about the case? I wouldn't mind paying you for your troubles."

With a roll of your eyes, you try to keep the disdain from your voice as you respond. "Oh, certainly sirs! Anything for the Duchess! Let me just take these rags upstairs, and I'll be with you in a jiffy!"

You quickly bustle up the stairs into the second floor, cutting the man off before he can get a word in edgewise. Thankfully, you don't hear any sounds that he followed you.

(Next update should be up this weekend, barring an Act of God or brain injury. Now, any suggestions for our dear fool, or anyone for sticking with a previous suggestion?)
ShonenHero

Unread postby serbii » September 16th, 2011, 7:31 am

GTFO.

Find a window onto the roof or a different staircase.
serbii

Return to “%s” Quests