Assassin Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Assassin Quest

Unread postby Arganaut » March 13th, 2011, 8:23 am

Felix sighed as he scratched the back of his head, wishing that Lizbeth had been around when Hume had dumped all this information on him. Would've helped Felix avoid having to dump all this on her himself.

"I guess I should start at the beginning, yes?"

So he did. Felix recounted the entire tale for Lizbeth, from Rodrigo's origins as a recruit, to his apparent talent and intelligence, to the beginnings of his betrayal, to the rise of his faction in the Guild, to the bloody battle that took place and, finally, his escape. All the while Lizbeth's face seemed strangely blank, eerily devoid of emotion as she took all this in.

Finally, Felix finished the tale, sitting down himself as the telling had been rather exhausting. He watched Lizbeth carefully, the young woman dropping her head slightly as, Felix assumed, she had realized the obvious connotation of the story as it concerned her. Felix felt his mouth dry out as he watched her, sighing a bit as he leaned over and put a hand on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry." He apologized, feeling that the phrase was really all he could muster. To his surprise, Lizbeth shook her head as she looked back up at him, not a tear in her eyes or staining her face as she brushed off his hand lightly.

"Don't worry about it, I'm fine." Lizbeth said softly, Felix blinking slightly. "I mean, I really should've thought something like that was going around, right? I mean, who carries a symbol of an ox around with them if it isn't something important like that?" Lizbeth said, what bit of laughter accompanied that point echoed in a rather hollow manner.
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » March 13th, 2011, 5:09 pm

"Liz...you can talk to me you know that right?"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » March 13th, 2011, 9:05 pm

Hug times!
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby gamebrain89 » March 13th, 2011, 10:39 pm

Ill second gman. This is the time to get sensitive and understanding. Then depend on her reaction, see if she wants to bust open one of our caches o booze.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Arganaut » March 21st, 2011, 4:18 pm

"Lizbeth, you know you can talk to me about these things, right?" Felix asked, tentatively putting a hand on her shoulder Lizbeth just nodding her head.

"Of course I know that, but still; my mother's been dead for fourteen years now. Its been such a long time since anything like this would've had any real meaning or consequence... well, I'm not going to be throwing myself into my pillow and crying myself to sleep if that's what you're worried about." Lizbeth added with another short laugh, tussling Felix's hair.

"I'll be alright, so don't worry about it."
Arganaut

Unread postby leon89 » March 21st, 2011, 6:36 pm

Give Liz shoulder rub, then let HFT commence.
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby gman391 » March 21st, 2011, 7:48 pm

:agree:
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » March 21st, 2011, 9:55 pm

What's HFT?

"Alright Lizbeth. I'm going to head on over to the theater for some practice. Oh and is Ivan healed yet?"
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby leon89 » March 21st, 2011, 10:44 pm

HFT = Happy Fun Time
Nope
leon89

Unread postby serbii » March 22nd, 2011, 6:41 am

XD I can't believe that's made it into the general vocabulary of the forum.
serbii

Unread postby FeatherBlade » March 22nd, 2011, 12:44 pm

I vote for theatre time. We can't be flakey you know!
FeatherBlade

Unread postby leon89 » March 22nd, 2011, 1:53 pm

HFT then theater, you know HFT is the best moral booster any man can have.

@Serbii: A small childish part of my soul has latched onto HFT. I will use it forever.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby Arganaut » April 4th, 2011, 11:06 pm

Felix nodded, calming himself as he looked her over. "Alright, I'll leave it be then. You can take care of yourself." Felix said, smirking a bit as he rubbed her shoulder. "Although I would like it if you let me take care of you in a very certain manner." He said as he leaned forward, kissing her lightly.

Lizbeth let out a bit of a sigh as they kissed, before pushing back on him slightly. "As much as I'd like to I don't think that's going to be working tonight." Lizbeth said with a somewhat awkward look. Felix blinked a couple times, Lizbeth coughing slightly as she nodded her head downwards.

"Oooooh..." Felix said, blushing slightly as he awkwardly coughed into his fist.

"Yeah..."
Arganaut

Unread postby serbii » April 5th, 2011, 8:12 am

You know the five (four? someone may have been missing) of us (Me, Arg, Dark, ewuvi, Mag) once had discussion about realistic pregnancy chances in quests. There were dice rolls involved, and scheduling and awkward questions to the girls :XD:
Stupid ridiculously infertile Lucy and Michael. We want vampire babies.

Let's go get coffee or equivalent.
serbii

Unread postby leon89 » April 7th, 2011, 4:39 pm

Find Ivan. Give him a manly hug.
Nope
leon89

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » April 7th, 2011, 11:54 pm

^That, though I say theater first! I dunno if we should get coffee (does europe even have coffee yet?), don't know how long the blockade's gonna last .. But first we have to leave without being a total ass! We're a charming, mature killer for hire dang it!

/muses on dialogue

Eh, we can spend some time socializing. Just leaving suddenly will make him look like a prick.

"Well then, I'm not due to show up to theater practice for a while. Want a massage? I'm very gifted with my fingers." /waggles brows

I hope someone comes up with something better. This is too Letoish. >_>;;
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby FeatherBlade » April 8th, 2011, 12:28 pm

Offering a massage is a brilliant idea.

We can also invite her to go to the theatre with us.
FeatherBlade

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 8th, 2011, 1:30 pm

Massage, then theater. Invite her along. The worst thing right now is that she says no. If she politely refuses the massage (more like no HFT for you tonight Felix), a little time socializing, an invitation to the theater (she can probably use a laugh), and some quiet words with some friends about what to do.

(been awhile since I posted on this thread, I know)
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Arganaut » April 23rd, 2011, 7:36 pm

After a few moments of awkward silence, Felix just shrugged and smiled a bit, cracking his fingers slightly as he nodded at her. "Well, that's alright. I was just thinking it'd be nice to do before I go off for some other obligations." Felix said, Lizbeth shaking her head slightly as Felix continued.

"How about this instead: we sit here and talk for a bit, and use my particularly gifted fingers to give you a nice massage." Felix said with a grin, Lizbeth rolling her eyes slightly as she removed her cloak.

"You just really want to get your hands on me, don't you?" Lizbeth asked in a cheeky manner, Felix just laughing slightly as he went to work rubbing her shoulders.

"Madame, you wound me! How could you think that I'd be so shallow!" Felix said, attempting his best impression of a kicked puppy, as Lizbeth just chuckled.

"You Cerric and your melodrama..." The red-headed woman said with a chuckle, Felix continuing his massage as he spoke.

"Vous savez que vous aimez ça." Felix replied in his native tongue, Lizbeth smirking a bit as she relaxed into his hands.

"Now, when did I say that I didn't? Now, save your silly language for later." Lizbeth playfully reprimanded Felix, who only nodded as he continued his massage.

----------

"So, I was thinking I'd go head down to the theater after this. I need to practice if I'm going to get good enough to perform in Master Browne's play, after all."

It had been about fifteen minutes of massage and small talk later when Felix spoke up, catching the very relaxed Lizbeth's attention as she looked up at him, the young man now working at some tense spots on her back.

"I figure you could use a good few laughs and my and every else's expense, so why don't you come down and watch us?" Felix asked, Lizbeth thinking this over for a second. Just as she seemed ready to speak, a quick flash of remembrance danced across her eyes.

"Oh, yeah, definitely. Sounds like a good time to me." The red-head said with a grin. "I'm ready to go whenever you're ready."
Arganaut

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 24th, 2011, 5:34 am

And now, off to the theater!

Hmmm, small talk along the way?
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Arganaut » May 10th, 2011, 8:43 pm

Felix nodded at this, finishing up his massage as he stood up. Lizbeth quickly replaced her robe and the two were off to the theater, rounds of small talk punctuating their walk.

--------------------------------------

The atmosphere of the theater had changed rather dramatically sense Felix's last stop into the theater. Whereas previously he had managed to come in while the theater was rather empty, save for himself and Browne, now he was met with the sight of a rather packed back room, with a lot of people painting, practicing or designing for the upcoming play.

"Wow, Browne's been going to work getting people together for this." Felix commented slowly, Lizbeth nodding as she looked around.

"Yeah, this looks like its going to be pretty big..." The young woman said with no small amount of amazement, as suddenly they both heard a series of shouts rising up over the static noise of the various workers, performers and artists.

"Alright, come now ladies and gentlemen. You there, Peter, that backdrop is meant to be a very grim scene, darker colors, darker colors my boy. John, please, don't try to hard; this is practice, save all that for later during more serious rehearsals. And can someone get me a copy of the play again, I need it to give some directions!"

Browne's was the voice that called out amidst all the clutter, the older assassin working his way through the other assassins in the theater. Browne's head snapped over to Felix as he noticed the young man from out of the corner of his eye, a smile growing on his lips as he walked over.

"Ah, Felix, my good man! Excellent seeing you around here again, I had thought you had second thoughts on this play!" Browne said, Felix smiling as he shook the hand of the actor-assassin.

"Please, like I would pass up on the opportunity to be a part of all this." Felix said with a laughing, waving around at all the persons in the theater.

"Indeed, indeed. A lot has gone on since last you were here. Lots of people to introduce you to and a lot of work that needs done on your part." Browne said, a bit of sardonic smile on his face. "The theater waits for no one Felix. Now, which would you prefer to catch up on first and foremost?"
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » May 10th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Fellow Actors and when the play is going on.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » May 29th, 2011, 9:01 pm

We should get the script too. And who's got what part.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby jgkitarel » May 29th, 2011, 10:23 pm

Agree with both of the previous posts. Also, get a lowdown from Browne on any specifics on the strengths and styles of the participants and start some practice.

jgkitarel

Unread postby EnigmaticD » July 29th, 2011, 8:54 pm

And in the case that no one showed up to audition, we could scout around.
EnigmaticD

Return to “%s” Quests