Assassin Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Assassin Quest

Unread postby Arganaut » August 1st, 2011, 7:30 pm

Alright then people, I've taken some time to figure out some scenarios to help fill out the months that will be going on through the blockade. I'm still working on looking at the mechanics of AQ to see if I can't make the fighting/stat based stuff go a bit better, but for now, I'm still working on it.

Anyway, I'll be taking a page from ewuvi's untitled quest for how to cover a number of events over a course of several months without dragging the Quest on for too long, so enjoy.

Felix thought for a moment before shrugging. "I suppose I should go ahead and meet as many people as I can. Might as well get to know the people I'm getting ready to work with on the stage." Felix said with a small nod, Browne nodding his own head fervently as he nodded towards the crowd of gathered, Felix and Lizbeth following Browne's lead as they walked through the crowd...

--------------

"Oh my God... that felt like it took months!" Lizbeth said with a slight groan, Felix rubbing his head from the slight headache as Browne watched the two of them with a slight shake of his head.

"Oh come now, it wasn't that bad..." Browne said, before looking around. "Anyway, we should have the actors for Buttercup, Westley, Prince Humperdinck and Wallace Shawn around for practice today. I, of course, have cast myself as Count Tyrone Rugen." Browne said, grinning as he gave a quick grin. "I do quite well in such roles, after all." Browne said, before continuing. "And of course, our Inigo Montoya." Browne said, gesturing to Felix.

"Manuel will be playing the role of our dear Westley, the young man was quite interested in the process. Henry was cast as Humperdinck, and Henrii as Wallace Shawn, and sweet Buttercup will be played by-"

"Oh, Felix!"

Felix quickly turned his head around, a look of surprise on his features as he saw Alecia running up towards him.

"Alecia?" Felix asked, quickly giving his little sister a hug, before looking down at her. "I didn't know you were on the island, how did you know I was here?" He asked, Alecia shrugging slightly.

"I didn't, I just came here for practice." She said, Felix's jaw dropping slightly as she laughed. "I heard that my big brother was going to try and join a play; always thought you had a thing for the dramatic, but I never figured you'd actually get involved with the theater." Alecia said teasingly. "So, I thought I'd see what the deal was and came over..." Alecia began, before Browne stepped in.

"She was so taken in by the theater, and I so taken in by her latent charm, that I cast her in the play. She's our Buttercup!" Browne said excitedly, Felix's eyebrows raised as Lizbeth just whistled slightly.

"Looks like theater's starting to run in your family, eh Felix?" The red-head asked with a small grin.

--------------------------------------------

"Thanks joining me Felix, needed sparring partner now while we're stuck on island." Ivan growled slightly as he charged for Felix, the more swift of the two men quickly sliding underneath Ivan, passing cleanly through his legs before jumping back onto his feet.

"I need to keep in shape too Ivan, plus I wanted to hang out with you. We really didn't do enough of it before." Felix said with a grin, running up to Ivan's back to try and throw a kick at it.

"I'd question sudden interest, but I appreciate company as much as next man." Ivan quickly turned around, trying to throw his fist at Felix's head. The smaller man ducked again, throwing a punch at Ivan's ribs before getting a very hard punch to the chest from Ivan's other hand.

"Ergh! Yeah, although I think I'm starting to think I should've waited till after you were done with sparring for the day." The two men laughed slightly as they continued their spar.

"So, Felix, how are you?" Ivan asked rather pointedly, the giant of a man's focus split between an attempt at conversation and sparring.

Felix walked about the island's pathways, taking in the sights as he took a deep breath. Sure, the blockade just off the island's shores might eventually threaten to starve them all out or worse, but for right now it only served to keep them on their home. Felix, from time to time, found that it was just nice to take a look out to the natural beauty of his home during a walk.

He noticed, on this particular walk, that the Guildmaster was out and about as well, taking in the sights and sounds of the island, a thoughtful expression on his face.

Felix laid back on his bed, sighing slightly as he rolled out a few of his joints. He'd gotten through most of his stuff to do for the day, and so he had the rest of the afternoon and evening for himself. All he had to do now was think of something to do....

The last one pretty much applies to any and all situations that you might want me to do. I'll toss in more events as time goes by and other scenes are finished up.
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » August 1st, 2011, 7:41 pm

Hmm can we go research things in the library? Mostly along the lines of what happened with that Traitor Assassin.
I'd also like to practice some swimming. I get the feeling that at some point we're going to be murdering people on boats for some reason.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby ewuvi » August 11th, 2011, 8:14 pm

2) "I am not kissing you, or commenting on your breasts..."

3) "So. You. Me. Lizbet. Threesome."

will think about others and post moar
ewuvi

Unread postby serbii » August 15th, 2011, 5:36 am

1. Strut

2. Uhhh I'll admit to never having seen this movie D:

3. Bah, feelings! Be manly, break something!

4. Act casual. You know, like this whole 'we're going to starve thing' had nothing to do with us.

5. Fish. Let's go fishing! Start our black market fish market.
Last edited by serbii on August 16th, 2011, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » August 15th, 2011, 2:19 pm

1) Start shaking hands with people in the crowd. "Hello! Hi! Nice to met you! What character are you playing?"

2) "Give me a second, I need to speak to Manuel." Smile innocently like a shark and start searching for him.

3) "I'm good." Grunt manly.

4) Wave at the Guildmaster and see how he reacts. Friendly, walk up to him. Neutral or worse, leave him alone and go fishing like ewuvi said.

5) Practice our lines! WE SHALL BE THE GREATEST INIGO MONTOYA THAT EVER LIVED.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Arganaut » November 7th, 2011, 9:03 am

"I am not kissing you or commenting on your breasts..." Felix said flatly, a rather disturbed twitch beginning to surface as his face ticked a few times.

"Wait, what?" Alecia asked suddenly, her jaw dropping suddenly as she looked over at Master Browne who just gave a nervous laugh.

"Well, err..." Browne looked at both Felix and Alecia, who were giving the theater head a pair of glares, although they were somewhat weakened in their effect by the green coloring that surfaced on both of their faces. "I-I'll certainly make some changes to the script so that these things won't be necessary, although I will say that one should always be willing to sacrifice for art..." Browne said weakly, his sentence sputtering off as Alecia and Felix continued to glare him down.

"Well, hopefully we'll see those changes soon." Alecia said, Felix nodding in agreement as Lizbeth just sat back, a sardonic grin on her face.

"At any rate..." Felix murmured, looking around. "Where is Manuel, I need a second to speak with him." Felix said, his expression hardly changing at all as he tried to spy the Elladian boy.

"Felix...." Lizbeth and Alecia both said wearily, the latter girl tapping her foot as she stared up at her older brother.

--------------------------

"Oh, you know, I'm good." Felix grunted as the two continued to fight, although a mischievous grin formed on his face. "Although I'd feel even better if you agreed to a threesome with me and Lizbeth." Felix said flatly, deftly dodging a punch from Ivan.

"Oh well that's- wait, what?" Ivan practically tripped over himself, so great was his distraction, the northern man's eyes as wide as dinner plates as Felix's grin grew. Felix rushed forward, hooking his leg behind Ivan's and pushing the much larger man over, Ivan's distraction serving to doom him as Felix easily tripped the giant of a man onto his back, Felix then pressing his foot against his throat.

"Although, I have to admit, knowing that I can distract you so easily puts me in an even better mood."

"That was a pretty dirty trick Felix." Ivan said, cracking his back slightly after the fall.

-----------------------------------------

Felix decided to take a bit of initiative, the young assassin waving at the headmaster who, upon noticing Felix, gave small nod and waved back.

"Hello there Felix, what brings you out here today?"
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » November 7th, 2011, 2:56 pm

"Oh the usual."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 7th, 2011, 8:53 pm

"Just tripped Ivan's mind up with something Lizbeth would kill me for even saying."
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby leon89 » November 7th, 2011, 11:02 pm

"Food running out, kegs running dry, the reunion is starting to whined down."
Nope
Somebody buried a tornado, and it's trying to escape.
leon89

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » November 10th, 2011, 12:24 am

1) Be as oblivious as possible while searching for our prey. "What? What are you talking about? I just want to act a little with Manuel, maybe practice our fight scene a bit .."

2) "Not as dirty as you and me and Lizbeth." Wink.

3) "I love long walks on the beach at night."
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby livilou » December 14th, 2011, 10:16 pm

1) Be as oblivious as possible while searching for our prey. "What? What are you talking about? I just want to act a little with Manuel, maybe practice our fight scene a bit .."

2) "Not as dirty as you and me and Lizbeth." Wink.

3) "I love long walks on the beach at night."
I am fond of all of these, especially number 2.
livilou

Unread postby ewuvi » December 14th, 2011, 10:28 pm

How did I not remember to reply to this before?

LoG's number 2 a thousand times over.
ewuvi

Unread postby Arganaut » December 25th, 2011, 1:48 pm

Felix shrugged his shoulders as he looked around. "What? What are you talking about? I just want to act a little with Manuel, maybe practice our fight scene a bit..." Felix said, his hands grinding against each other as both Alecia and Lizbeth slapped him on the shoulder.

"Brother, I'll kick your ass if you embarrass me like that." Alecia said flatly, looking up at her brother with a frown.

"Besides Felix, what's the worst possible thing that could happen with this Manuel guy?"

-------------------

"Not as dirty as you and me and Lizbeth." Felix said with a very flirtatious wink, well practiced over the years, causing Ivan to practically fall backwards as he attempted to choke out a response. Felix laughed slightly as he reached down for Ivan, helping up the giant of a man as he slapped him on the back.

"I swear Ivan, sometimes I wonder if you're time in those isolated frozen wastes is what makes you so easy to fluster, or if you were just born like this." Felix said with a grin, Ivan's face still quite red as he looked off to the side.

"Ublyudok..." Ivan muttered under his breath, looking more embarrassed than insulted as he looked down at Felix. "You are a sly one, I'll give you that Felix."

------------------

"Oh, you know. The food is running out and the reunion is starting to wind down. And there's nothing I love more than a long walk on the beach at night to lift my spirits."

The Guildmaster chuckled slightly. "Funny, from the stories I've heard, usually spirits are what lift your spirits." He said with grin, waving for Felix to follow him as he continued his walk.

"What can I say master, the kegs are starting to run dry too." Felix initially called out, before following him.

"Aye. The Cerric have been unusually driven when it has come to keeping up this blockade. I suspect we shall have to live like this for a while yet." He said, stroking his beard slightly. "Not the worst shape we've been in to be sure, but for you, I can understand if you're feeling uncomfortable with the sudden... austerity, shall we call it?"
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » December 25th, 2011, 2:09 pm

"Sure why not. Seriously though we can't let them keep this up. We should do something."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby tryrar » December 25th, 2011, 6:49 pm

:stupid:
tryrar

Unread postby ewuvi » December 25th, 2011, 10:48 pm

1) "There could be...a roley polley chubby cheeked shit machine, and you *know* who'd get stuck baby-sitting while you and Manny-poo go out on romantic dates. NOT HAVING IT."
-------------------------------------

2) "I am far slier between sheets, my friend," raise an eyebrow suggestively.

--------------------------------------

3) "We should have an orgy. That would make everything better." Rub chin in thought. "You know, we could invite the blockade to join us. Yes, that would be an excellent plan."
ewuvi

Unread postby livilou » December 26th, 2011, 12:45 am

I agree with above ^^
livilou

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » December 29th, 2011, 11:35 am

:agree: :oh_u_!:

Yeah Orgy. just make sure its BYOB!!!! our limited booze cant manage on its own.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby Arganaut » December 30th, 2011, 9:06 pm

"There could be a roley polley chubby cheeked shit machine, and you know who'd get stuck baby-sitting while you and Manny-poo go out on romantic dates. NOT HAVING IT." Felix said while shrugging Lizbeth and Alecia off, not caring to notice to notice the indignant, red-faced expression on Alecia's face, or the near hysterical laughter that Lizbeth was just barely holding back.

"You ass! Like I'd be dense enough to let something like that happen." Alecia said, Felix continuing to look around.

"Felix, I do think you might be over-reacted... just a smidgen." Browne suggested somewhat cautiously.

-------------------------

"I am far slier between sheets, my friend." Felix said, raising his eyebrow very suggestively. Ivan rubbed the bridge of his nose, shaking his head as he did.

"Is this how you get when you spend extended period of time sober?" Ivan asked somewhat dryly, a bit of a grin still present, despite the otherwise annoyed or embarrassed appearance.

-------------------------

"We should have an orgy. That would make everything better." Felix began, not registering a reaction from the Guildmaster before rubbing his chin in thought. "You know, we could invite the blockade to join us. Yes, that would be an excellent plan."

The Guildmaster stared at Felix for a minute, before laughing slightly, a small smile on his face as he pat Felix on the shoulder. "I have always heard of the hedonistic tendencies of the Cerric." He began, continuing to walk on with Felix as he let him go. "And while I'm happy with your enthusiasm for such a brilliant exploit of their vices, I don't doubt they have enough wine and whores aboard their ships to satisfy them for some time."

"As for here, you'd have a hard time convincing enough people I'm sure." The Guildmaster said plainly, although still smiling slightly.

Felix shrugged at that, before continuing on. "If an orgy wouldn't work, then why not try to attack the ships themselves. We can't let them keep this up, we have to do something." Felix said, the Guildmaster shaking his head.

"We are doing something. The more ships the Cerric dedicate to holding us on our island, the less ships they have to keep the Albion armies from crossing the straits to invade." The Guildmaster stated, before waving his hand, slightly more serious than he had been with the orgy conversation. "Besides, an offensive move on our part might convince them to strike at the island. For now, they're content with just isolating us on our home. To take a brash action would only invite more trouble." The Guildmaster said, looking up at Felix.

"Proactively trying to change a situation doesn't necessarily make it better."
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » December 30th, 2011, 9:16 pm

"Isn't everything we do proactive. This waiting game is getting to everyone. Yes if we do something they might attack. But if we control where they attack...well maybe we can do something. At least get someone out to make trouble for the Cerric. This is just a slow death."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » December 30th, 2011, 9:30 pm

1) "Well. Maybe."

2) "What are you talking about I'm perfectly fine." Grin lewdly.

3) "Hm, right. So it's a waiting game then. Once the Albion armies start pushing the Cerric, they'll probably recall the ships from this blockade."
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby tryrar » January 2nd, 2012, 9:04 am

I support gman's statement
tryrar

Unread postby ewuvi » January 2nd, 2012, 6:23 pm

I am wiff de Logsies.
ewuvi

Unread postby Arganaut » January 15th, 2012, 11:37 pm

"Well. Maybe." Felix said flatly, glancing from side to side. "Still, it's a legitimate concern."

"Yeah, if I were more like him." Felix heard Alecia whisper this over to Lizbeth, the red-headed woman chuckling to herself as Felix arched both eyebrows. Before the interrogation could continue, Browne attempted to intervene.

"Ladies, gentlemen, please. I think this is something that could be taken care of 'after' all our practicing for today is over and done with, no?"

----------------------

With a lewd grin Felix looked at Ivan, his eyebrows still waggling as he spoke. "What are you talking about, I'm perfectly fine." Felix said with a wink, Ivan just shaking his head before patting Felix on the back.

"Hard to believe, but I think that answer scares me more than alternative." The giant of a man said with a hardy laugh. "There is no way I am to be winning this, er, 'verbal teasing' against you, correct?"

----------------------

Felix opened his mouth, the first answer flying into his mind about ready to be let loose. However, catching himself, Felix bit back his eagerness and thought what the Guildmaster had said through for a moment.

"So it's a waiting game then. Once the Albion armies start pushing the Cerric, they'll probably recall the ships from this blockade." Felix said in a probing manner, the Guildmaster nodding.

"Indeed. We currently only possess a small sortie of row and sail boats with which to move out to their ships, galleys and galleons inter-mixed in this blockade effort. Our only option would be to board the ships, but that would prove difficult. These are men who have been trained to deal with piracy. They will not be taken by surprise easily or in a manner that we'd prefer, and even if we could surprise them they are trained for boarding actions. They will be ready." The Guildmaster said as the two walked along.

"The other masters and I have puzzled over this Felix. If we knew of a way to end the blockade ourselves without causing a great deal of death in the attempt or provoke a bombardment of the mainland, then the news of it would be passed around and we would ask for you all to prepare. However, given our limited numbers and our limited capability, it's simply too big of a risk."
Arganaut

Unread postby gman391 » January 15th, 2012, 11:49 pm

"Cut their supply lines. All these ships need to be supplied and repaired out of ports. If we can get some people out. We could sabotage their logistics. Force the ships to leave that way. I know such honoured Masters have no doubt accounted for this but I still think it worth the risk. Better a quick death then a slow one."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Quests