Power Ranger quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Power Ranger quest

Unread postby Magnificate » December 31st, 2010, 6:08 am

Lex you get the fighter [...] Claire you get to pilot the jet
Huh? Does that mean Lex is piloting a propeller-plane? (Zord images are not linked.)

Start with the pistol.

As for nunchucks. Consider that Power Rangers sometimes combine their weapons and Lex has a sword. Swordchucks!
Magnificate

Unread postby Random_fan » December 31st, 2010, 7:23 am

Zord images are now linked.
Random_fan

Unread postby Vael » December 31st, 2010, 8:11 am

Suits be totally bitchin' and love our zord too, TTGL references away! :secret_laugh:
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Random_fan » January 1st, 2011, 5:30 am

Deciding that it's better not to be in arms reach of something that wants to kill you join Daniel in shooting at the monster at a distance while Lex, Amber, and Claire take it on with their weapons, the monster has a very hard time putting up a fight when every second someone is either hitting it or shooting it. It doesn't take long for the monster to be destroyed, well for the first time.

Right on cue the monster grows several stories, overhead you can hear loud sound and you look up to see what looks like a giant flying car, what it is becomes obvious when what can the flying zords come out of it. Lex, Amber, and Claire jump into their zords while the flying car lands on the street and allows both your and Daniel's zords to come out before taking off for where it came from. Naturally you jump into your zord, luckily the Windshield draws back and you don't smash into it. Weirdly you seem to know exactly how to pilot the machine. turning the driller the monster you see that Lex and Claire have begun shooting missiles while evading the monsters attacks but it doesn't look to be doing anything.

"Alright guys let's form the megazord." Lex said over the intercom and without thinking about what you're doing you manage to press the right buttons to start your part of the megazord transformation sequence and before you know it you find yourself in a cockpit at the head of the megazord. The megazord battle is simple, a couple hits with the swords followed by a finishing strike and the monster is down and not getting back up.

The five of you disembark from the megazord and it goes back to where it came from. You're morphers beep and all of you grab them out and put them to your ear where you heaqr the voice of the man who assembled you here.

"Very good rangers, but it gets harder from here on out, I'll contact you tomorrow to give you more information and set up training, for now enjoy the rest of day."

Lex is the first to speak "Well looks like I'll see you guys tomorrow."

"But shouldn't we get to know each other now?" That was Claire.

"There'll be plenty of time for that during training." Lex then begins walking away, presumably to find someplace to demorph.

The others all walk off on their own leaving you by yourself, but before you can an african american man dressed in black walks up to you, he looks familiar to you but you just presume he was the guy on the street.

"Hello black ranger my name is Will Aston," so that's why you recognise him, he's the black Operation Overdrive ranger, "This is usually done later, but seeing as I'm here now I might as well get it over with, mind walking with me?

Reaction?

----------------------
Well that took forever to write, now you guys get to find out the significance of your colour choice is.
Random_fan

Unread postby gman391 » January 1st, 2011, 6:26 am

"Depends are we heading to bar? I've got to blank out the crazy before it infects me."
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby serbii » January 1st, 2011, 6:29 am

Well that took forever to write
Quest posts take ages to write. I dunno about dark and ewuvi but I know mag feels the same. I do most of mine in word so I can save, see the whole thing and format what not. But, yeah, it's probably more work than you thought.
Also my starting plan was fairly vague too. I had Leto's family and an undetailed what happened to them, trust me, think about it and over time what's going on becomes a hell of a lot more complex and fleshed out. Some of my stuff is deliberate Chekhov's guns and some is retcon/'oh hey that could work' hopefully no one can tell the difference.

Go with the guy, see if we can get him to pay for a victory dinner. If not buy self a victory dinner as we deserve it.
serbii

Unread postby Random_fan » January 1st, 2011, 8:21 am

Oh I knew these posts would take a while but just writing the fight scenes took three and a half hours, the whole post took four.

----------------------------------
"Depends are we heading to bar? I've got to blank out the crazy before it infects me." The two of you start walking down the street.

Will smirks "Sorry no can do, you can drink but rangers getting drunk on Earth, or most planets really is a bad idea, though you'll be given a chance to get drunk every so often when Carlos comes back to earth every so often."

"Why can't rangers get drunk on earth?"

"Because alcohol doesn't react well to the power, a drinking night with rangers usually results in non-sexual nudity and people getting into the fights, usually the two don't overlap though."

"Well that sounds insane."

"It usually is, but don't worry you get used to it, I've been told," you find a deserted alley for you to demorph in. "So what's your name kid."

"Sean Cooper." The two of you walk off somewhere, Will's leading.

"Well Sean, you are the new black ranger who will protect the earth right?"

"Yes."

"Well there are things that you need to know about being the black ranger."

"Such as?"

"First off," Will said, "never let Zack buy the alcohol." He followed Will up, "Never let Danny play truth or dare, don't ask Carlos about his love life, and no matter what do not ask Tommy about his time as the evil green ranger. Adam's the normal one, but don't let him drink Cuervo. He can handle some of the more expensive tequilas, but Cuervo is just mean to him."

"I have no idea who almost any of those people are, I presume Carlos is the space ranger."

"Yes, you'll meet all of them later, and proably most of the reds whenever we blacks can get ahold of the megaship to go drinking. So Sean what's your art?"

"Art?"

"You know the thing you can do that others know you for and would call an art?"

"Well I play the guitar, would that count."

Yes, now the main thing is you need to make sure that your known as a musician."

"Why? shouldn't I have my own identity."

"Well yes, but you can't stand out, you need to be the one everyone underestimates."

"Again, I ask why?"

"Because otherwise your role will be pointless, and before you ask the roll is that of the leader, when your red's not around or is acting up anyway, but otherwise you need to succeed by luck, or make it look like you do anyway."

Reaction?

------------------------------------
I take no credit for the idea of the black rangers being this way, or some of the dialogue here, both of which are from Guardian of Hope's Men In black one shot.
Random_fan

Unread postby Magnificate » January 1st, 2011, 8:31 am

Oh I knew these posts would take a while but just writing the fight scenes took three and a half hours, the whole post took four.
Well, my post, aside for short dialogue snippets, take at least two hours to write. Most of that time is spent trying to make it sound all right in English. Plus, I find making dialogue lines sound different for different characters next to impossible.

I'm not really that content with the underdog role. I'd rather establish myself as competent if cautious from the start. What do you guy think?
Magnificate

Unread postby serbii » January 1st, 2011, 8:47 am

We are the lancer hmmm.
I vote we make it our mission in life to show up red, we can make it look like luck if needs be but we must do it constantly. Meh heh heh

...I just realised how bad a team player I am. Ah well
serbii

Unread postby gman391 » January 1st, 2011, 8:59 pm

"Okay then...why the hell am I the second in command? Admittedly I can do it if only because of the voices in my head but you think they would train or at least hold a vote. But what do I know apparently my idea of preparing people for this stuff ahead of time is crazy. Also I am now going to figure out a way to get my Zord to play death metal when it links up"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Vael » January 1st, 2011, 11:01 pm

*puts on shades* One step closer to becoming just like Kamina-sama.

Maybe we should to make our team-mates more Crazy-Awesome...actually, can we make them crazy-awesome, or is it a Black Ranger thing?
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Random_fan » January 1st, 2011, 11:17 pm

"Okay then...why the hell am I the second in command? Admittedly I can do it if only because of the voices in my head but you think they would train or at least hold a vote. But what do I know apparently my idea of preparing people for this stuff ahead of time is crazy. Also I am now going to figure out a way to get my Zord to play death metal when it links up"

"You're second in command because you are the black ranger, and you were chosen because you are the best choice in this city for the role, that's how this goes, nobody chooses their colour, the colour chooses you. Just as blue's are chosen because they are intelligent, and yellows are chosen because they are healers, and greens are chosen because they're insane. blacks are chosen because they can stand in the background but take charge when needed. You may not have had any formal training but you can do this."

Any questions for the former ranger?

-------------------------
@Vael you can try and make your team-mates crazy awesome but there's no guaranteeing you'll succeed, especially as you don't have a green who would by default be crazy awesome.
Random_fan

Unread postby gman391 » January 1st, 2011, 11:55 pm

"I kind of resent the implication that I'm not intelligent enough to be the blue ranger. So besides being a less insane version of the Irresponsible Captain Taylor and what not any other hints? Also why don't bullets kill anything anymore?"
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby SLAMU » January 2nd, 2011, 4:06 pm

"Wait, there's someone around here crazier than me? I mean, I already admitted to voices in my head telling me to do things. fourtunately I've managed to channel it towards mostly positive things so far, but you never know when you might, oh, what's the word...aardvark? No, wait. Snap! That's it!" Think for a minutes. "Did you have any tips for inter team romance? They better be good ones, because if it's something like 'don't date your teammates' you understand that I am honor-bound to ignore you. So, when do you think we can hijac, er, borrow the party ship? Any tips on getting back into contact with you, or are you one of those figments of my imagination that only appears when I eat jello-covered tacos late at night?"

I have little reason to make Sean any saner than one of our other protagonists victems protagonists.
SLAMU

Unread postby Random_fan » January 3rd, 2011, 9:14 am

"I kind of resent the implication that I'm not intelligent enough to be the blue ranger. So besides being a less insane version of the Irresponsible Captain Taylor and what not any other hints? Also why don't bullets kill anything anymore?"

"Nobody's implying you're not intelligent, I mean there are multiple teams where the blue ranger isn't the smartest, the reason that is though is because they were all more suited to other roles, hell there are quite a few cases of rangers being more than one colour, at different times of course. There's no real hints to being a ranger, though if you have any big problems your yellow is usually able to help, unless there a body healer. Which reminds me I'm going to need your yellow's phone number so I can get one of the yellows to contact her, I'll also get your number and give you mine so we can stay in touch." The two of you begin exchanging numbers. "As for bullets, they kill plenty of things, just not any monsters or evil aliens we've come across" The two of you begin exchanging numbers.

"Shouldn't I give you the others numbers as well?"

"Don't worry about it, the reds will get in contact with your red in a couple of week, and the blues and pinks usually don't bother doing anything with the new rangers for a while besides telling them their role, which you can tell them now anyway."

"Wait, there's someone around here crazier than me? I mean, I already admitted to voices in my head telling me to do things. fourtunately I've managed to channel it towards mostly positive things so far, but you never know when you might, oh, what's the word...aardvark? No, wait. Snap! That's it!"

"Well judging from the small time I've known you I'd say you'd fit right in with the greens but trust me they're all crazy, I should know three are also blacks."

You think for a minute before another question comes into your head "Did you have any tips for inter team romance? They better be good ones, because if it's something like 'don't date your teammates' you understand that I am honor-bound to ignore you."

"It's really no different to normal romance, though if you need help with that give me a call sometime."

So, when do you think we can hijack, er, borrow the party ship?"

"Well no more than three weeks, if it takes any longer I'll just convince Tommy to steal Jason's spaceship again. So, how about we get something to eat and I can tell you some embarrassing stories about the other rangers."

"Sure."

The two of you turn into a pub and find a table far away from everyone.

Any new questions? and if not what do you want to do for the rest of the night?
Random_fan

Unread postby Vael » January 3rd, 2011, 4:43 pm

Nah, none from me, though I will ask him about his art and the few tips he has for a new Black Ranger...
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Vael

Unread postby gman391 » January 3rd, 2011, 8:22 pm

Ask him why the heck the it's always new rangers every time a new evil shows up instead of the old teams these days.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby SLAMU » January 3rd, 2011, 9:37 pm

Continue the bar crawl. We must make this a night to remember. Or not remember, but have pictoral evidence that it occured anyway. Newspaper clippings are preffered.

Also, how old are we again?
SLAMU

Unread postby Random_fan » January 4th, 2011, 9:19 am

"So if my arts music, what's your art then?"

"Well that's not important, chances are I'll tell you when I'm drunk, but I will tell you my identity, I'm a security expert and that defines me more than my art, it happens and maybe it'll apply to you."

"So why is it it's always new rangers that deal with the new evil rather than an old team?"

"Mainly it's because they get on the scene first, I know for a fact the lightspeed team spends the first couple of weeks of February together in February on the off chance there's an attack that no new team responds to, and you can bet if it happened around Briarwood or Blue Bay harbor, or Ocean Bluff, the Mystic Force or Ninja Storm rangers would be on the scene incredibly quickly. But as soon as a new team shows up it becomes pointless to help, though most of us still keep an eye out to see if it's getting to hard or f one of our former villains has shown up."

The two of you talk for a couple of hours and when he says he has to get going you suggest starting a bar crawl, he quickly shoots you down telling you he doesn't like the prospect of waking up tomorrow naked in a jail cell which is almost guaranteed to happen. After realising he's serious you say good night and head off back to your apartment where you get changed into pajamas and quickly fall asleep on the bed.

Waking up you get showered, dressed and get some toast for breakfast.

What do you want to do before you get transported to your HQ?
Random_fan

Unread postby Vael » January 4th, 2011, 7:06 pm

I suppose it's time to play up out....'art' :D

Time to grab the ol' electric guitar and scan all over for bands looking for a guitar player, failing that, well, a few ads about a down on his luck guitar player looking for the odd gig should score some cash and sympathy points ^.^

Say, what is our background beyond the whole martial arts obsession and college student thing? I mean, is the old man rich or is Sean from a humble family?
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Vael

Unread postby gman391 » January 4th, 2011, 8:27 pm

I want to find out our musical tastes. And also start researching how to get the Zords to play death metal when ever they're used.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Random_fan » January 10th, 2011, 7:35 am

You open the door of your apartment picked up the daily newspaper and then went back inside. Sitting down on the couch across from the T.V. you flip through to the job section, not suprisingly nobody wanted a guitarist for anything, might need to think of some other ideas.

Before you have any time for that though you feel yourself being teleported, and your shortly back were you were late yesterday.

The other four rangers all appear at the same time as you and the man who brought you here is standing in front of some consoles that look incredibly advanced. You look around the room and you see that it's not just the consoles that look advanced, their are monitors all over the place, all with consoles in front of them, that show what must be close to the entire city. The room is also fairly large, though the monitors make most of that space disappear, you can however see a door so there's obviously more space here.

"So, you've all had time to get over the shock of becoming power rangers and I presume that you all have many more questions, so I'll let you ask some before we begin training."

Any questions?
------------------------------
Say, what is our background beyond the whole martial arts obsession and college student thing? I mean, is the old man rich or is Sean from a humble family?
Sean's dad isn't hugely rich but he's well off enough to be able to pay for most of your apartment before you get a decent income. Sean is currently in college, working part time in a grocery store to make some money. I may come up with more background but at the moment Sean's background isn't important for the story.
I want to find out our musical tastes. And also start researching how to get the Zords to play death metal when ever they're used.
Sean's into Rock and Roll, as for the zords playing music, well let's just see what happens.
Random_fan

Unread postby gman391 » January 10th, 2011, 12:37 pm

"Do we get paid? Saving the world is nice and all. But if one of us ends up as hobo because we couldn't hold down a job...well then no one is happy. Also why can't we escalate the conflict? No one's ever really explained."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Wittgen » January 10th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Publicly, we should get endorsement deals. And maybe some merchandising.

Under the table, we should extort protection money from the makers of really big buildings. "Man, it'd be a shame if we weren't looking where we were going after we finished the battle and we totally destroyed your lovely skyscraper."
Last edited by Wittgen on January 11th, 2011, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wittgen

Unread postby gman391 » January 10th, 2011, 5:21 pm

We aren't going to be LG at all this play through at all are we?
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Quests