Power Ranger quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Power Ranger quest

Unread postby Random_fan » December 30th, 2010, 5:34 am

Okay I have no idea how this is going to go, and haven't planned anything concrete but what the hell lets see what happens.

Before the actual quest starts. lets get some basic background of your character and the setting out of the way. Firstly you play Sean a twenty one year old college student and a skilled martial artist. This takes place in the power rangers universe, though that won't come much and the quest won't require any previous knowledge of the show, which is the main reason you took up martial arts. And that's pretty much it, onto the actual quest.

----------------------------
You're nervous it's early february and you live in a town in California, those two things usually put everyone on edge, because now is the time when most power ranger teams show up, and power ranger teams mean monsters showing up. Though you're not nervous for the same reason most are, their nervous because a monster may attack at any minute, you're nervous because you might finally get to be a power ranger.

Currently you're with your friends at the mall's food court, their talking about something but you're not paying much attention, from what you overhear it sounds like their talking about the new Assassin's Creed game which you'll probably start playing once the new power rangers team is revealed. You're drawn out of your daydreams by an earthquake, which you know is unlikely to be an actual earthquake, you and your friends begin running out into the street and sure enough a monster is attacking. This monster has two gigantic horns on it's head that easily add half a foot to it's height, it also has claws on the end of each finger that are at least three inches long and looks metallic with a silver colour. You turn around to run back to your place but before you even take a step you find yourself being teleported away.

'This is it' you think as you try and work out were you're travelling, but you're going so fast it's impossible to tell. Eventually you go through a building and come to a stop, at the same time as four other people who you don't think you've ever met before. They all look confused, and so do you as there is no one else visible who could have teleported you all here. Of course not a second after you think that a man walks out of the shadows, this man is Asain and is dressed in a white suit with a black tie and a really cool white hat. But that's not important right now because he starts talking almost straight away.

"You five should know why you're here, an ancient evil has escaped it's imprisonment and wants to destroy the world for payback. You five have been chosen to fight as power rangers in a fight against him and his many allies. Will you accept the responsibility?"

Response?
Last edited by Random_fan on December 30th, 2010, 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random_fan

Re: Power Ranger quest

Unread postby serbii » December 30th, 2010, 5:45 am

Do a minor victory dance.
Graciously and solemnly accept this responsibility.

Heh,
'what's that'
'oh just another monster attack, they turn up around this time'

Looking forward to it RF
serbii

Unread postby Magnificate » December 30th, 2010, 6:02 am

Assains Creed refers to Asain? Who is that?

Are we dressed in any particular color scheme? If we get to choose I choose Black.

Are Power Rangers identities suppossed to be secret in this world?

Why are we the only male in the team? *wink wink*
Magnificate

Unread postby gman391 » December 30th, 2010, 6:28 am

"Hurray let's draft a bunch of people with no training or psychological conditioning to fight a war against evil
....Can't see this going wrong at all. I call black"
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Random_fan » December 30th, 2010, 6:40 am

Assains Creed refers to Asain? Who is that?

Are we dressed in any particular color scheme? If we get to choose I choose Black.

Are Power Rangers identities suppossed to be secret in this world?

Why are we the only male in the team? *wink wink*
That was a typo supposed to be Assassin's Creed.

You are not dressed in any colour scheme, If people want to vote on the color they want go ahead.

Identities are usually secret, and yes yours will be.

There are two males and two females with you in the room.
Random_fan

Unread postby Vael » December 30th, 2010, 10:15 am

Hmm, Black Ranger sounds stealthy ^^ totally for it.

"So...who's the baddie this time around?"

And finally, hi guys, first timer in quests...please take care of me. :biggrin:
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 30th, 2010, 11:07 am

"What type of loadout are we looking at here? Zords, weapons, armor upgrades, those sorts of things. What's the MO for the bad guy, and his backstory? Who's his right hand man? What exactly is our theme?"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » December 30th, 2010, 11:19 am

"Hurray let's draft a bunch of people with no training or psychological conditioning to fight a war against evil
....Can't see this going wrong at all. I call black"

"This is how it's been done for years there does not seem to be any repercussions, besides none of you were chosen at random. You do not choose your colour, the colour chooses you, luckily for you Sean you have been chosen as the black ranger."

"And what are our colours?" A man who looks only eighteen with brown hair and wearing glasses asks.

"You Daniel are the blue ranger," Daniel looks pleased at this, the man turns the well built guy who's easily over 6 feet "Lex, you are the red ranger." a grin appears on the big guy's face while the man turns to a brunette girl who's so small you can't see how she could ever be helpful in a fight, "Claire you are the yellow ranger," Claire doesn't seem to react to this news, though she was already looking nervous, the man turns to the last member of the group, a blonde who looks incredibly confident and is glaring at Lex "Amber you are the pink ranger."

-----------------------
Ending here because I should have been in bed an hour and a half ago and I need to plan more of this out, feel free to suggest other questions to ask and names for the big bad because I've got nothing.
Last edited by Random_fan on January 10th, 2011, 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random_fan

Unread postby Magnificate » December 30th, 2010, 1:14 pm

feel free to suggest [...] names for the big bad because I've got nothing.
Malhavoc - Used to be human, lived in the days of first legendary Power Rangers teams. Wanted to fight monsters, defend the Earth without the reliance of teenagers with attitude. Of course, not being a Power Ranger he lacked firepower. Still, he had his small victories. Eventually, he was captured, but used it to his advantage. He subverted the enemy from within and became their leader in hope that he could order them to stay away from Earth. Perhaps he could all he could do was to limit the attacks to one city. Perhaps he was a classical case of Power Corrupts.
Magnificate

Unread postby bookworm702 » December 30th, 2010, 1:46 pm

Hurray, blue is my favorite color! "So, the Technicolor Freedom Squad is set up. When do we start blowing crap up?"
bookworm702

Unread postby serbii » December 30th, 2010, 5:58 pm

Attempt sailor moon style magic girl transformation sequence.
Moon Prism Power!
serbii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 30th, 2010, 7:10 pm

"I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I vote we take a "squish em with the zords BEFORE they grow" approach with the monsters."
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Magnificate » December 30th, 2010, 7:17 pm

"I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I vote we take a "squish em with the zords BEFORE they grow" approach with the monsters."
Add "I've worked with Municipal Damage Control Service and I can tell you it's slightly easier to clear up from one giant robot than two."
Magnificate

Unread postby ewuvi » December 30th, 2010, 7:18 pm

Attempt sailor moon style magic girl transformation sequence.
Moon Prism Power!
This.
ewuvi

Unread postby Random_fan » December 30th, 2010, 10:51 pm

"So...who's the baddie this time around?"

"Malhavoc your regular evil alien, he already holds control of many planets and Earth is his latest target."

The man quickly responds. "One of the three rules of being a ranger, don't escalate a battle before the enemy does, so no you won't be able to do that, you also can't use your powers for personal gain and you must keep your identities secret."

"What type of loadout are we looking at here? Zords, weapons, armor upgrades, those sorts of things. What's the MO for this Malhavoc guy, and his backstory? Who's his right hand man? What exactly is our theme?"

"Your zords are vehichles Lex you get the fighter, Sean you get the driller, Daniel you get the tank, Claire you get to pilot the jet, and Amber you get the Autogyro. As for your weapons, well Lex you will have a sword, Daniel Tonfas, Sean, Nunchucks, Claire, fans, and Amber you get a staff. You also all have a pistol sidearm. Don't worry if you don't have experience with your weapons, your suits will take care of that. Malhavoc's MO is simple, go to a planet, destroy any resistance then take it over, his backstory is unimportant and he has no real right hand man, I will explain the rest of his team after you get back from your first fight though."

"So, the Technicolor Freedom Squad is set up. When do we start blowing crap up?"

"If no one else has any questions," the other four shake their heads, "then you can go down now, oh and before I forget here's your morphers," he hands all five of you what looks to be a regular cell phone except for the number five on the top part which is the same colour as your suits will be, " to morph enter the code 315 and shout your morphing call 'It's Morphing time'."

He goes back into the shadows and you can hear him pressing some keys on a console before you feel yourself being teleported again. Withing seconds you find yourself almost exactly were you were teleported from, except this time your right in front of the monster. The monster responds by laughing and then a bunch of foot soldiers get teleported down around him. The foot soldiers are humaniod in shape but coloroured black except for a white belt and arm guards, and some even look to have white hair.

Lex looks you all over "Well lets see what these guys are made of." He then runs into the the foot soldiers closely followed by Amber with Daniel following behind her, but you can see out of the corner of your eyes Claire opening her phone and getting ready to morph.

Do you morph or take on the foot soldiers unmorphed?

----------------------------
Well that took forever to right, I want to say that your zords and suits are based on an old sentai team. You can find a picture of the suits here, you can find the zords here, and the foot soldiers can be seen here, they are the second to bottom picture.
Last edited by Random_fan on December 31st, 2010, 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Random_fan

Unread postby gman391 » December 30th, 2010, 11:12 pm

Nunchucks? Really?

Whatever let's see how we do unarmed...remind ourselves to some how obtain a real gun. Screw this noise of not escalating
We just won't do it with our powers.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby bookworm702 » December 30th, 2010, 11:30 pm

"Okay, a driller and nunchucks. This day is going downhill pretty fast." Notice the baddies. "Hey, guys. Nice color choice. But I hate copycats." Proceed to lay out a beatdown.
bookworm702

Unread postby Random_fan » December 31st, 2010, 12:17 am

You think of getting a gun before realising that guns never do anything against the monsters. You also see that contrary to what you thought there is someone else on the street, though he's behind the monster and far enough away that he's in no danger.

"Okay, a driller and nunchucks. This day is going downhill pretty fast." You turn to the bad guys "Hey, guys. Nice color choice. But I hate copycats."

You charge at the bad guys barely hearing Claire shouting the morph call, already as you get there, the bad guys have seperated into groups and when you get there six of them turn their attention to you. Without slowing down you jump up and land a flying kick on the one right in front you while landing a punch on one to your left. The second you land you lash out with a side kick to the mook you punched which you quickly turn into back kick. One of the mooks attempts a punch but you easily grab the fist and throw the mook down with a hip toss, you then use the momentum from the throw to turn around and hit another mook with a back spinning kick.

It's at this point you notice that Claire has joined the battle, and for a split second you are distracted by the uniform. This is enough of a distraction for one of the foot soldiers to deliver a kick to your guts which knocks you back and into the back of another mook you turn around to attack it before realising it's Lex. The two of you quickly turn forward and you land a roundhouse kick to one mooks head before grabbing one to your left aruond the head and bringing it's head down to you knee then letting go and elbowing it on the crook of the neck. Seeing this one disappear you turn to find one that isn't only to see they are all gone and Claire is struggling to hold off the monster by herself in hand to hand combat.

Lex looks ove the three of you who aren't morphed before grabbing his morpher out of his pocket, which you three do as well "well guys, it's morphing time." you all enter 315 on your morphers and a split second later spandex coners you whole body except for your helmet."

Lex and Amber both grab out their weapons and rush head first into battle, Daniel however graps out his pistol and begins shooting at the monster which gives Claire enough time to pull out her fans.

Grab out the nunchucks, your pistol, or go in without a weapon?
Random_fan

Unread postby Vael » December 31st, 2010, 12:30 am

Hmm, that person...familiar or just another faceless extra (who seriously never die in these things even between mecha battles...can someone explain that to me)?

Anyways, how about a pistol for cover fire for the Pink and Red before Red has to save her ass and get shippers everywhere frothing at the mouth.

I declare we try by ALL means to get with the Pink ranger this season... :eyes_on_fire: WHO'S WITH ME? :yuush:
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby gman391 » December 31st, 2010, 12:37 am

Let's see our dex rolls are probably pretty low...nunchucks are freaking useless so fist and foot.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Random_fan » December 31st, 2010, 12:39 am

Hmm, that person...familiar or just another faceless extra (who seriously never die in these things even between mecha battles...can someone explain that to me)?

Anyways, how about a pistol for cover fire for the Pink and Red before Red has to save her ass and get shippers everywhere frothing at the mouth.

I declare we try by ALL means to get with the Pink ranger this season... :eyes_on_fire: WHO'S WITH ME? :yuush:
You couldn't really recognise the man but then you could barely make him out he was so far away, there's no way he could make you guys out either when you morphed.

Red/Pink considering the characters they're named after that's hilarious to me.
Random_fan

Unread postby bookworm702 » December 31st, 2010, 12:57 am

Speaking of which, who are these people named after?
bookworm702

Unread postby Random_fan » December 31st, 2010, 1:01 am

Amber and Lex are named after the characters from The Tribe, Daniel is named after Daniel Jackson from Stargate, and Claire and Sean aren't named after anyone.
Random_fan

Unread postby serbii » December 31st, 2010, 1:52 am

Fangirls we need to get fangirls

I vote nunchuks because, well, it's our weapon O_o
serbii

Unread postby SLAMU » December 31st, 2010, 2:43 am

Start with the pistol, because ranged weapons against unarmed mooks (especially this early in the season) should be a no brainer. When they get too close, out come the nunchucks. Let us use these agricultural tools to great effect! If we run out of ammo or something!

I'm supprised that people are disappointed at getting the driller. I mean, a blank cheque to make references about peircing the heavens and such? For shame, for shame.

Definately try to hook up with Amber. It seems that she's upset that we took the black ranger from her, so it's only fair that we buy her dinner. Maybe a movie.
SLAMU

Return to “%s” Quests