"Super" Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: "Super" Quest

Unread postby Joe » March 3rd, 2012, 1:06 pm

Mia; superhero in the making, ladies and gentlemen. :you_re_kidding_right:

'I think I actually threw up stuff I haven't eaten yet!'
Joe

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » March 3rd, 2012, 5:09 pm

Emily must never know our super identity. Just one thousand dollar interview and Poof! There goes our reputation.

" ... Yes."
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby NotreallyHere » March 4th, 2012, 1:30 pm

We must not admit defeat. Sure it was the worst thing we have ever put in our mouth (I won’t call what we did drinking, that gives the sludge to much credit) but we’re a superhero. We can’t lose our cool.
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

Little brother - “who is organization XIII”
Me – “meh, bunch a nobodies”
NotreallyHere

Unread postby Wittgen » March 4th, 2012, 6:54 pm

"So. Good. My body just," *dry heave* "just wasn't ready for the greatness." *whimper*
Wittgen

Unread postby Joe » March 5th, 2012, 2:19 pm

"So. Good. My body just," *dry heave* "just wasn't ready for the greatness." *whimper*

:rollin: This.
Joe

Unread postby Arganaut » April 16th, 2012, 6:33 pm

Mia just looked over at Emily, a weak expression on her face. Dammit, Emily was going to have some of that milkshake if it killed her... which it may very well do.

" ... Yes." Mia began, as she continued to dry heave. "And. It. Was. So good. My body just," a a little more vomit was thrown up into the sink, as Mia began whimpering a little, "just wasn't ready for the greatness."

Emily sighed and shook her head, walking over to Mia after she finished cleaning. Emily began rubbing her hand up and down Mia's back, as more dry heaves and the occasional spit up of remaining milkshake continued.

"I suppose that's reasonable. I mean, who could have a body ready to handle..." Emily looked over to the sickening concoction on the table. "... that... stuff?"
Arganaut

Unread postby MrRigger2 » April 16th, 2012, 6:56 pm

"Probably only a meta-enhanced body with some sort of eating power."

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Wittgen » April 16th, 2012, 7:30 pm

I'm with Rigger, with the added secret, unspoken hope that we develop that power. We could be Matter Eater Lass. So powerful.
Wittgen

Unread postby Arganaut » May 24th, 2012, 10:22 am

"Probably only a meta-enhanced body with some sort of eating power." Mia said with a laugh, grabbing a towel to clean off her face.

"Heh, yeah, but that'd be a pretty silly power to end up with, don't you think?" Emily said with a laugh, Mia just staring into the sink.

"Yeah, silly...."

'Hmmm, Matter Eater Lass. SO POWERFUL!'

After you've cleaned yourself up, plans?
Arganaut

Unread postby Joe » May 25th, 2012, 11:25 am

Maybe go out around the town? What's there to do in town?
Joe

Unread postby livilou » June 4th, 2012, 8:02 pm

Fly. Fly everywhere! And start making a costume.
livilou

Unread postby Joe » June 5th, 2012, 5:10 am

Fly. Fly everywhere! And start making a costume.
That's not something we can do with Emily, so we should save that for later. We showed up all sweaty, used her shower, borrowed clothes had her make us a milkshake and then threw it back up. We should probably do something fun with her before running off to do 'private' things.

Let's go into town and have a wander round; see if we can find anything interesting going on.
Joe

Unread postby Ironwolf » June 6th, 2012, 12:19 am

Is there some place to go for a swim?
Ironwolf

Unread postby livilou » June 6th, 2012, 12:52 am

Let us fly through the water. Like penguins do!
livilou

Unread postby Wittgen » June 6th, 2012, 1:48 am

That's actually a pretty good idea for resistance training.

I hope something awful happens soon. Interludes are fun and all, but we're a super hero. Or super villain maybe. It's hard to be either of those things without crisis, and it's been a while since a crisis.

...crisis of infinite bears.
Wittgen

Unread postby Arganaut » June 6th, 2012, 7:31 pm

Encounter Roll(1d100)+0: 85,+0 Total:85

Alright, combining Witt's desire with Joe's post, we have a quorum. Let's make a crisis!

---------------------------------

"Hmmm, well, not that I don't love smelling your residual puke, but how about we go out and about the town for a nice shopping trip?" Emily asked, Mia thinking about it for a moment. An idea popped into her head and she nodded.

"Yeah... could use a new swimsuit now that I think about it." She said, tossing the towel towards the wash room.

"Sounds good, the shop should be open."

---------------------------------

The clothing shop is Manly practically had a small monopoly on the sale of clothing in the small town. From spring to winter, fall and summer, the shop had clothes to suit the needs of many in the town. It even opened up its basement for Halloween, containing a variety of costumes for the holiday.

Mia and Emily looked around the shop, sifting through wracks of clothing for something nice, or in Mia's case, a good swimsuit for her idea of future training. As they searched through the shop, Mia started to notice subtly off things about the shop. The clock seemed far more erratic, its hands randomly spinning about. The security camera of the shop was rotating about near randomly, small billows of smoke filtering out from the spaces where the camera was assembled.

Mia's attention was pulled away very suddenly by the sound of gunfire.

Mia turned her head out to the exit of the shop, Emily already pressing herself against the window of the door, peering out to see what was going on. Mia swiftly joined her, and the two were then quickly joined by the manager of the shop.

Mia's eyes went wide, at what she saw. With people running from the streets, or carefully watching from behind cars or overturned cables, the two sides of the street was occupied. On one side, the Manly police force stood, their guns drawn and aimed at the entity on the other side.

The other side of the street was occupied by Volt.

The two sides seemed to stare each other down, the police reloading their guns while electricity seemed to dance between her fingers, electricity that would arc from her fingers to various metal objects surrounding her, including a lamp post just adjacent to the shop.

As the police aimed their guns towards Volt again, Mia noticed a strong pull from her jewelry and other metal items towards the lamp post. Really, REALLY strong.
Arganaut

Unread postby Wittgen » June 7th, 2012, 1:46 am

...crap. She's an electricity user powerful enough to use her powers to influence magnetism. In the realm of comic book physics, that is pretty powerful.

"OK, everyone, we need to get into the basement. With bullets and super powers flying, it's safer."

When we get into the basement, we should covertly pick up a mask of some sort. Preferably aviator helmet/crane themed. We will sneak it out with us under some excuse. Surely there must be somone we need to go check on our something.

Then, after making sure no one is looking at us (shouldn't be hard with the distraction), we zoom up high and fast. If there is a convenient bag of garbage around, grab that. We can drop it on volt to enrage and distract her.

My thoughts are that we lack the offensive potential to really go toe to toe with Ms. Sparky. We do have the mobility advantage, though, and we can use that to create an opening which Manly's finest can take advantage of.

Alternatively, we can go the dark side route of scooping up Volt and carting her to freedom. I don't really care. I just want the learning experience.
Wittgen

Unread postby Ironwolf » June 7th, 2012, 1:49 am

A firehose.
Ironwolf

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 7th, 2012, 2:10 am

"Hey, what the hell is that?" as we point behind her. Then short circuit her with a fire hose. If that doesn't work, dramatic convention demands that our bear ally wander into town at that exact moment and we perform another incredible team-up.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Joe » June 7th, 2012, 7:40 am

Let's grab more than just a mask; let's see if they have any rubber gloves or boots. We should see if they have anything that can cover at least part of our clothes. A mask isn't going to fool anyone if they find a girl with the same clothes and proportions nearby. Otherwise, I agree with Witt's plan; geet everyone into the basement and then throw stuff to create an opening for the cops.
Joe

Unread postby NotreallyHere » June 17th, 2012, 5:37 pm

We can beat her, we’re strong. Plus we can fly, and electricity can’t hurt you if your not touching the ground.
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

NotreallyHere

Unread postby ewuvi » June 26th, 2012, 10:44 pm

CRANE OUTFIT MUST BE FOUND.

And then try to settle this diplomatically! By fly-tackling Volt and asking her why she's using her powers to increase the public's fear of Meta-humans!
ewuvi

Unread postby NotreallyHere » September 26th, 2012, 4:13 pm

Is there a fire hydrant nearby? She’s made of lighting right, water will short her out.

NotreallyHere

Unread postby Arganaut » November 23rd, 2012, 4:30 pm

"Get back!" Mia shouted as she pulled back on Emily's and the shop keeper's backs. As the bullets went flying, the lamppost had curved them away from Volt, leading them into crashing through various shop windows. Mia's quick timing had saved Emily and the shop keeper.

"OK we need to get into the basement. With bullets and super powers flying, it's safer." Mia said, the shop keeper nearly bowling her over as he ran for the basement door, Emily quickly following along behind him. Mia watched them go for the door, the shop owner quickly looking through his keys, before looking back outside, a conflicted expression crossing her features.

--------------------

It had been surprisingly easy really. Just dropped that someone needed to stay topside in order to get a good idea when it would be okay to leave. The shop owner was too scared of the ongoing battle above to say much of anything in protest. Emily... was a tougher matter.

She was worried. Mia didn't really blame her. After all, to Emily it seemed like her best friend was developing some sort of suicidal attraction to danger. Still, Mia once again calmed her down and, with a hug, the two parted...

Not before Mia grabbed a few items from the basement of course. It was rough to do so without the shop owner noticing then and there, and Mia had to do some reaching into the back of some shelves or racks to make sure that he wouldn't notice for a while. Still, Mia had come out alright, she thought. The basement had been stocked with an old aviator's helmet, goggles and all, along with a similar jacket. Heading up above she grabbed an orange bandana, something to cover up the lower bit of her face, and a change of pants and some boots to complete the look.

After she had gathered the bits and pieces of her costume Mia watched through the broken windows and waiting for the action to pass out of view. All the while she heard the back and forth between Manly's finest and Volt.

"Miss Galvani it's time for you to stand down. We've already got lifts at all the town's wires going in and out if you try to jump for the wires and three divisions of H.A.M.M.E.R. are on their way. It's time to end this, you have to realize the chase is over."

"Can you bastards just let me get to Detroit already? I just want to be left in peace with these fucking stupid powers!"

"Miss Galvani, your little cross-country move to Detroit already short-circuited five different police departments, untold hospitals and caused untold damage to most of the electric grids you've run through. Detroit's too populace to risk a repeat."

"It won't happen again! There are enough abandoned zones in that city that I won't even be at the heart of it!"

"Come on miss! Your powers aren't above rehabilitation. The people at Meta Human Affairs can help you easily re-enter society, without the accidents. You just have to stop trying to electrocute us and play along!"

"I don't want your help! Just let me get to Detroit! I'm not letting you all take me in!"

The fighting left this street and continued down another section of town. By this point the cops had brought in the 'Hornet's Nest' shotguns, rubber pellet ammo and all, to avoid her turning every available object into a magnet. Didn't help when she'd manage to hit their guns, but they got in several good shots on her.

But by the sounds of it, Manly's finest were prepared for Volt to pass through. The boys in blue were shaken by Carter, but it sounded like they had their footing for this one.

But then there was Volt. She didn't sound like she was horrible, or evil. She sounded like she just wanted to vanish.

Whatever Mia was going to do, it was going to be crazy... it was going to be difficult...

But, above all else, it wasn't going to be a crystal clear choice.

----------------------------

And thus, we get to what will be an overarching crux of Super Quest.

I know I'm normally not supposed to break the fourth wall to tell you all anything, but this time it's special. This time, I feel like this is information that you need to know from your Game Master.

There is very little straight up right or wrong in Super Quest. There is only what you believe.

This isn't the X-Men where your support is supposed to go automatically against people like Senator Kelley, even as folks like Magneto sink the U.S. Eastern Seaboard into the Atlantic Ocean.

The people who support tougher measures against Metas aren't necessarily racist, fearful bigots. Quite often, they're just doing their best to make the best of a bad situation.

On the flip side, Metas who don't always do the right thing aren't always evil. They have powers they didn't expect, ask for or want. What they do with them might not be in their best interest or in the interest of those around them, but they're doing their best (or worst) with what they've been given.

In this case, Manly's finest is just trying to do its job and what the people in charge think is best for both normal humans and for Meta-humans, and Volt is just trying to live with powers she never wanted or asked for without being dictated to, even if the results aren't always the best.

This choice, nor this Quest, is all about Superheroes or Supervillains. If it was, I'd have named this 'Superhero' or 'Supervillain' Quest. This is about you, having powers, and being able to do what you believe with them. Unless you're a psycho, you aren't going to run around screaming about how evil you are.

It's about you doing what you think is right with them, what you think you're owed or the world is owed.

So: what do you believe is right?
Last edited by Arganaut on November 23rd, 2012, 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arganaut

Unread postby NotreallyHere » November 23rd, 2012, 6:24 pm

Hold off until something happens. If Volt can escape without hurting anyone, more power to her. If she attacks the cops, then we may have to knock her around a bit. Flip side of the coin, if the cops can bring her in quietly, then that’s great. If the try and kill her, we can’t just let them. If they can figure this out peaceably we won’t have to do anything at all.

NotreallyHere

Return to “%s” Quests