"Super" Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: "Super" Quest

Unread postby Joe » February 24th, 2013, 12:56 pm

Let's not run away just yet; the police probably won't attack us while Volt is still active unless we try to help her. With the police to take shots at her and draw her attention, I wouldn't say we're out matched yet. It probably is going to come down to a fight if we remain firm on the whole 'no helping you escape if you're just going to short out more stuff' stance (which I vote we do).

Looking at her modifiers on those rolls, it's clear that her supercharging has boosted her physical abilities as well as her electrical powers. Basically, she's like Superman under a red sun; she's powerful, but she's been cut off from the source of her powers.

So;

1. When she was being shot earlier, her ability to take the hits dropped progressively the more she was shot. When she supercharged, her injuries healed and her ability to take hits jumped (look at that constitution modifier). Plus there's what I commented on earlier; her stored voltage focused on where she was hit. So she probably expends electricity to endure hits above a certain level of force and to heal any damage done

2. As I wondered earlier, if she was hit in several places in quick succession, would she expend more power to resist both hits equally, or would she take more damage from the second hit due her internal voltage being focused on the first?

Arg, can Mia do a perception check please? I want to know about our surroundings. Are there any lamp posts that could attract her electrical blasts if we were near them when she tried to shock us? Also, is there anything non conductive/magnetic that Mia could use as a club? Are there any covenient fire hydrants we could trick her into blasting/using her magnetic powers to open?

Basically, what I'm saying is that if it does come down to a fight, we need to batter her constantly to keep her off balance and force her to expend electricity. Assuming the police have the sense to not attack the meta siding with them at least until after Volt is subdued, then we might actually have the advantage. If she's being attacked from two sides, with the right timing, she'll get hit from behind every time she tries to attack one of us.

Obviously it might not come down to a fight, but if it does, it would be really be a let down to flee before it's clear we can't win.
Joe

Unread postby Arganaut » March 9th, 2013, 2:53 am

Alright, here's the basic lay-out of what you're dealing with here.

The flat-out blue just south of the light blue, red and gray are the Manly Police and their cars.

The light blue is Volt.

The red is Mia.

Light gray-lines connected to the brown circle with squares are power lines.

Gray-er is the electric company truck that was supposed to turn off the power.

And that burgundy red on the corner behind one of the police cars? The only fire hydrant you all managed to get on a roll.

Still keeping the vote open to run/run with Volt/fight/other options, but I thought I'd give Joe an answer here.

As for what else you've seen Joe: anything I have described up to this point is what Mia has seen.
Arganaut

Unread postby Arganaut » March 22nd, 2013, 3:40 pm

"No, not an option; I'm not pulling you out of here so you can go back to using the power grid as your own personal monorail. I know what it's like waking up with powers you never asked for and it sucks. But that doesn't mean that hospitals and fire stations should be shorted out because you can't be bothered to hitch hike. I intervened here to try and stop anyone else from getting hurt: that means that I don't want you hurting anyone else either." Mia said firmly, crossing her arms as she looked down at Volt.

Volt Reaction Roll(1d20)+0: 20,+0 Total:20
Police Reaction Roll(1d20)+0: 18,+0 Total:18

"... I'm guessing you're some kind of girl scout, aren't you?" Volt asked, her voice crackling with energy as she looked over to the Manly Police. The police offers seemed to be staring at both Volt and Mia, the sheriff staring much more intently at Mia than Volt. Volt's eyes darted back and forth between Mia and the police, before sighing.

"Better than sitting around fighting the police and another Meta while H.A.M.M.E.R. is on its way. First things first though."

Volt Power: Shock Wave Roll(1d20)+4: 18,+4 Total:22

Volt's skin began to crackle with power, her hands glowing lightly as she turned to face the police, and the rest of Manly, directly. Mia had to be amazed with the fluidity of Volt's energy as it gathered into her hands: this wasn't like Mia's flight, where she had only just recently been able to sustain it normally: Volt's practiced with her powers, and she'd gotten good with them.

Volt's power jumped for a moment as two fields gathered around her hands. Volt seemed deep in focus, the energy fluctuating from time to time. However, on the whole, the field was stable, clear and calm. The Manly police pulled up their arms, but by then Volt had unleashed the energy gathered into her hands: two thin, sparking waves of energy flew through the air, expanding as they picked up speed.

Some of the officers ducked, while others merely closed their eyes as the waved passed over them. Some yelped in surprise, but were otherwise seemingly untouched by the waves, which sparked on the metallic parts of their clothes, their guns and their cars...

When small flashes of smoke began to rise from their pockets, the chambers of their guns, the hoods and dash-boards of their cars and all the electronics in nearby phone or electronic specialty stores, it became obvious that the wave wasn't meant for them, strictly speaking.

The attack seemed to diminish Volt's glow slightly, strands of her black hair now slightly visible within the sparks.

"I've still got enough power in me to knock you out if you try anything funny." Volt said firmly, holding her hand up to Mia.
Arganaut

Unread postby Wittgen » April 4th, 2013, 2:10 am

I feel bad breaking this thread from its glorious 777 reply status, but alas.

Take her up, up, and away. Preferably on a plane angled forty degrees from the ground. We can switch back and forth several times while in this plane to confuse the cops, steadily gaining altitude and flying towards the sun. Perhaps duck through cloud cover if necessary.

Then it's time to go ahead and talk Ms. Sparky. I say we have our conversation a thousand feet above the ground. She keeps threatening us, and I want a little insurance.
Wittgen

Unread postby JAGwin » April 4th, 2013, 7:32 am

Grab Volt's arm and break it. Repeat with her other arm, then punch her.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby ewuvi » April 4th, 2013, 11:11 am

I am with the Witt on this.
ewuvi

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » April 4th, 2013, 12:53 pm

Yeah let's go with Witt's idea.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Joe » April 4th, 2013, 5:13 pm

Then it's time to go ahead and talk Ms. Sparky. I say we have our conversation a thousand feet above the ground. She keeps threatening us, and I want a little insurance.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Going with Witt's suggestion as well. I don't think we should definitely let her go yet, but let's give her the chance to convince us that she'll be less careless in the future with her powers.

Once we're in the skies:
'If you shock me now, you'll fall hundreds of feet to the ground; just like Willy Coyote does sometimes. Except that you won't have a little sign with 'HELP' written on to hold up, and no one wants that. So then, convince me that helping you to get away isn't the wrong thing to do.'
Joe

Unread postby ShonenHero » April 12th, 2013, 2:47 am

I agree with Witt an Joe's responses.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Return to “%s” Quests