~*~Pony Quest~*~

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: ~*~Pony Quest~*~

Unread postby Arganaut » August 4th, 2012, 3:06 pm

Oh God, PONY LEPROSY D:
Arganaut

Unread postby serbii » August 4th, 2012, 4:44 pm

o_o
oh....
Bother

|
|
|
|
|
|
V
serbii

Unread postby Farmer_10 » August 4th, 2012, 5:48 pm

Okay, now that I've pieced my shattered soul back together, what are we gonna do? We could go the Hotblooded route and immediately challenge this apparition who we definitely know isn't our wonderful and loving sister. Or go the drama route, BSOD for awhile while the villain exposits his/her motivation and then we heroic resolve our way to victory.

For the Hotblooded route:

"A fat pony can't fly.....but a Fat Earth Pony can crush you with the Worlds Strongest Hug! Now stop pretending to be my awesome sister before I squeeze the mean out of you!"
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby Arganaut » August 5th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Eh, I'm not so keen on either of those. Shimmer's always been a pony of indomitable optimism and happiness. She's gotten into shouting matches with weird ponies before and called them stupid or mean, but really hasn't gotten into 'hotblooded' territory. Plus, this is a dream and, to Shimmer, this might as well be her sister.

So, I can't imagine going hotblooded, but BSOD also seems a bit out of character for her. I'd suggest Shimmer just stay Shimmer with something like:

"But wait, then all that flying... *GASP* THAT EXPLAINS WHY I COULDN'T FLY UPSIDE DOWN! I wasn't flying, I was walking on air! So when I twisted around my feet weren't on the air! Thank you for helping me figure that out Midnight! YOU'RE THE BESTEST BIG SISTER EVAR~!"
Arganaut

Unread postby Farmer_10 » August 5th, 2012, 7:19 pm

Counter cruelty with absurdity. Even better.

*GASP* You're right. If I was a pegasus, I'd have to eat less pancakes *imagines a Thinner Shimmer looking at a small stack of pancakes, with only a little syrup*. That doesn't sound like a Happy Shimmer at all. *Tearing up* Thank you for teaching me to believe in myself again. You're the best sister ever *STRONG HUG*.
Farmer_10

Unread postby spudman » August 7th, 2012, 7:40 pm

Absurdity works, but we have done hotblooded before, in the name of JUSTICE.

We could go the hotblooded route if 'Midnight' keeps being mean, since we'll then figure out that the pony in front of us is not Midnight, but is instead...Not-Midnight (her evil opposite twin, who must have shaved her goatee to hide her true identity, the fiend).
spudman

Unread postby Wittgen » August 14th, 2012, 9:13 am

Say with genuine innocence and confusion, "But, but you fly all the time..."
Wittgen

Unread postby ewuvi » August 15th, 2012, 9:32 am

Say with genuine innocence and confusion, "But, but you fly all the time..."
Ahahahahahaaa

This.
ewuvi

Unread postby Wittgen » September 6th, 2012, 8:26 am

I finally thought up some pony names.

Jam Berry. (Pronounced jamboree.)
Fritz
Bran Bales
Starblossom
Neverglade
Wittgen

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » February 3rd, 2013, 12:54 am

But, but you fly all the-

I hate you so much.

She was so sad. And you made it worse.

We all know why she went away. And you’re going to do this to everyone.

You say they’re your friends, but they just tolerate you. You’re annoying and unbearable to be around. If everyone wasn’t so polite, they’d tell you that you’re a useless burden.

If only you could-

Oh, shut your insipid swine mouth.

Now, are you going to stop this con or do I have to defeat you. Again.

(Merry February Christmas!)
Last edited by LifeOfGesture on February 7th, 2013, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby ewuvi » February 3rd, 2013, 12:57 am

YEAAAAHHHHHH!

Hug that sad pony. "Just because everyone hates you doesn't mean you have to project yourself onto others. Don't worry, I'll still give you hugs. Cause I'm awesome. Yeah."
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » February 3rd, 2013, 1:03 am

Cheer up broccoli pony! Hug that abomination until it's your friend!
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » February 3rd, 2013, 1:04 am

Boop it in the nose for being a bad pony.
serbii

Unread postby Farmer_10 » February 3rd, 2013, 7:09 am

What Serbii said and then an I-will-free-you-from-the-sadness Hug.

And I can't see the last two images for some reason.
Farmer_10

Unread postby Arganaut » February 3rd, 2013, 5:29 pm

Yeah, we got derp images on the last two.

"I'm going to hug the ever-loving buck out of you!"
Arganaut

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » February 7th, 2013, 1:36 am

(Okay it should work now. As apology, have a blooper shimmer! http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k53 ... oblems.png )
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Arganaut » February 7th, 2013, 12:33 pm

No problem, but thanks for the blooper!
Arganaut

Unread postby Wittgen » April 4th, 2013, 3:30 am

Ooh, ooh, we'll take what's behind the door! What's behind the door is always awesome, yeah.
Wittgen

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » March 18th, 2014, 6:49 pm

So, because of reasons, Pony quest is officially declared dead. I’ve decided to release my outline notes because why the hell not and I’ve spent too much time on this quest.

Midnight was sending Shimmer away because their estranged mother was coming back to town and she was going to fight with her and she didn’t want Shimmer to see it. Her mother was unable to handle raising shimmer after their father died so she left to work abroad as she’s a captain in the guard. She lost a front leg while abroad.

Midnight had to quit school quite abruptly for this and lost a lot of promising job opportunities. It was really difficult to raise Shimmer by herself and she’s very angry at her mother for her cowardice.

Crimson is the youngest of five children all of whom are doing well at their jobs. She feels the need to prove herself and feels neglected by her parents who are busy with their jobs and the freedom with only one kid at home. She’s very lonely as a consequence. She’s very emotionally intelligent, loves sports, is best friends with Shimmer despite the difficulties inherent with that. She was going to have a subplot with her favorite sports team who are having internal difficulties and trouble interacting with fans and get her cutie mark from this. I was not sure what her cutie mark was going to be yet. Possibly a red tornado for wind control. It was going to involve a labyrinth of monsters. She is probably the most stable out of all of them.

Steel has a mother with a family legacy in dealing with steel and a father whose work in politics drove her sister off after trying to make her his successor. She is shy, partly because of a natural disposition and because her parents often have large expectations of her and take charge of many of her social situations. She’s socially anxious due to her mother’s family expecting her to live up to their legacy and her father’s political enemies often undercutting her subtly to get at him. Her cutie mark was probably going to be a sword and shield and she was going to have a natural talent for wielding metal weapons with her telekinesis. You may have noticed she is passive aggressive due to her father teaching her how to communicate with people and a desire to avoid direct confrontation. She’s quite romantic even if she thinks she’s silly for such things.

Olive was a rich kid’s brat who was a prodigy in a lot of things. Her father got framed for something and is currently living on the run from his wife’s rich family and the police. Her father was originally a low life thief which is why everyone believed it. Except Olive. She was going to find proof to exonerate her father. She has zero emotional intelligence, but she had a lot of money and intelligence. I was going to make her one of those annoying geniuses you see on television. She is capable of being friendly and having friendships, but it was hilarious to play up the rivalry you had with each other.

Max was going to have a lot of hardship. He was going to accidentally be framed for being a fillynapper in a series of hilarious events and get beaten up and thrown and jail and this isn’t even counting what might Shimmer have gotten him into later on. I was possibly contemplating having the option of Shimmer being his lawyer. He was going to get a love interest later on, a rollerskating waitress.

Shimmer was interesting. You guys made her very interesting. Her emerging flaw was her lack of emotional sensitivity and well tact. Max was taking her to one of either three locations as you know, but those locations are the three friends Midnight made while in school. She was asking them for a favor to keep you there until the whole mother business was over with. You guys could have gone to the other locations later on to meet them if you wanted to. One was a stuntflyer who lived in the most plot relevant location, but I never figured out her subplot yet. The other was a disowned heiress who was married to another disowned heir, because their families hated each other. They would have had a subplot with their families and there was a lot of subplots in the city, like olive’s father and a pony who was so pressured by his artist family to be an artist he used his pet cockatrice to turn ponies into stone and then used them as art pieces. The third pony was a canterlot guard who was homosexual and he was going to probably be involved with the large overarching plot. Speaking of which.

There was a large overarching plot. Two dragons brothers want to get rid of Celestia but in different ways. One just wants to fight her to death, the other wants to use, well, subtlty. The last time the bloodthirsty brother fought Celestia, he lost, So the smarter brother sets up a really long term plan and doesn’t tell the other brother how it’s going to go. He was going to take over half of the business in Equestria, hire a crazy powerful spirit from another world who bodynaps people who look into her host’s eyes to destabilize Equestria by doing a bunch of miscallenous terrible things and ultimately unleash an eternal ice storm by using those ice horse spirits and phillydelphia’s underground water resovair just as the bloodthirsty brother attacks Celestia and Luna and he destabilizes Equestria’s economy. Ideally, he’d have the entire realm in chaos and wait for Celestia to lose her throne once he pushes the right buttons and makes the entire populace think she’s unfit to be ruler.

Your teacher was going to be dragged into preventing this by his old adventuring buddy who’s also a pirate and has a flying pirate ship. It was going to be funny.

Anarchy is from another world, was woken up from her jail by a pony archeologist, kidnapped her body. She despises governments and rulers and will stop at nothing to see governments in collapse and the ruler deposed. She has a personal vendetta in this. However her spirit is bound to the staff she has and breaking it will cause her to effectively die. She has a spell on it that prevents people from looking at it too long which is why the text never dwelled on it very long and a teleport spell against this.
LifeOfGesture

Return to “%s” Quests