~*~Pony Quest~*~

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: ~*~Pony Quest~*~

Unread postby spudman » May 28th, 2012, 10:08 pm

so....we debate all that in our head, in our thinking pose, and then suddenly yell "PANCAKES! Wait for me you delicious cakes of fluffy breakfast goodness!" and bolt into the room?
spudman

Unread postby Wittgen » May 30th, 2012, 10:19 am

Our mind is too full of pancakes to hear silly things like our own voice, but it's a possibility.

We still don't know what we did to hurt Silversteel the night of the sugar fugue. I think. This is important.
Wittgen

Unread postby spudman » May 30th, 2012, 11:42 pm

Right, we did promise to listen to her and make it up to her. We'll definitely get to that before bedtime.
spudman

Unread postby livilou » June 3rd, 2012, 12:58 am

Demand to hear Silver's grievances before PARTY TIME begins.
livilou

Unread postby ewuvi » June 3rd, 2012, 1:04 am

I agree with Wittgen.
ewuvi

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 4th, 2012, 4:48 am

Shimmer blinked at everyone staring at her. Her eyes shifted around before she scooted behind a big leafy plant. She nodded before draping her head across the dirt.

“I’m amazing.” Shimmer muttered, shoving her face deeper into the dirt. She sighed, before staring intensely at all of them. She squinted at Olive who stared back with a frown.

“RICH.” She said, loudly. Olive raised her eyebrows, before sighing.

“Grumpy.” Shimmer looked at Crimson and Silversteel both. She pouted.

“Poor.” She looked at Max pityingly. Max’s eyebrows twitched uncontrollably.

“What is that supposed to mean?” He muttered in a low tone.

Shimmer started snickering and sneaking glances at Olive. But then she looked at Olive and Silversteel which made her deflate and she pulled herself out of the pot to fall onto her back. She rolled three times thoughtfully, before stopping and gasping.

“CURSE!? CURSE. CURSE!!!” Her eyes wide, she started rolling herself into the hallway.

“ … PANCAKE CURSE?! FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER!?!!” Shimmer started rolling even faster. She shouted in glee. “FLUFFY VIRIDIAN PANCAKE DETECTIVE CURSE BOTTOM END!!”

“I think I learned more about what she thought about us than I ever wanted to know,” Max said, rubbing his face.

“That made sense?” Olive asked, in honest confusion. Silversteel shrugged and Crimson grinned at her.

“You eventually get the lingo, dinkleworm.” Olive made a face.

“Uh, no thank you.” Olive muttered, causing Crimson to laugh loudly.

They followed her up two flight of stairs, where Shimmer was rubbing her head.

“Ow.” Shimmer whined. The nervous pony handed Max the keys, before looking down at the ground.

“Um, g-good luck,” He said. “I’ve been told that it starts when you sleep.”

Max sighed as the pony skittered away.

“Right, let’s see how it looks.” Max opened the door slowly.

The room was large, with two enormous beds that looked to be of fine soft blue material. There was a plush couch with a mahogany table in one corner and the bathroom revealed a large marble pool that could easily fit twenty grown up ponies. The kitchen was sparkling clean, fully stocked with pots and herbs. Magical fire lamps on the walls casted the entire room in a soft, warm, inviting light.

Max yawned. “Well, I don’t know about you punks, but I am dying for some nightmarish sleep. Sort out the sleeping arrangements yourselves without killing each other, alright?”

He walked to the couch, collapsed onto it, and began snoring. Olive frowned as she quickly trotted over to the kitchen and began throwing cabinet doors open. Crimson fluttered over to the pool in interest, while Silversteel looked … pretty tired. She was eyeing the beds with interest.

Shimmer realized she was kind of tired too.
Once upon a time, there was one little child in a cold land who was very happy.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Darkandus » June 4th, 2012, 5:51 am

Sleep upon the precious, precious Mahogany Table. Much better than a bed.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Wittgen » June 4th, 2012, 6:23 am

The air between us and Silversteel will be cleared. CLEARED!

And then maybe a brief nap. Should probably brush our teeth first, though. We only have all our teeth because of our absurdly conscientious brushing habits. I'm pretty sure we brushed mid-sugar bender, without even meaning to.
Wittgen

Unread postby Arganaut » June 4th, 2012, 4:02 pm

Yes, first clear the air, then sleep. We must receive our pancake curse/reward!
Arganaut

Unread postby ewuvi » June 4th, 2012, 6:47 pm

Creep on Silver ~('-'~) "What's wroooonggg~" said in our most ghostly voice!
ewuvi

Unread postby livilou » June 4th, 2012, 6:52 pm

The air must be cleared! Not like with febreeze though, that stuff is stinky and makes our delicate pony nose run.
livilou

Unread postby undercoverSister » June 6th, 2012, 4:13 am

Try really really really hard on being considerate of Silversteel's feelings. Shimmer hasn't been a very good friend and that's on top of having them sleep in a cursed motel with a way-too-swanky-for-a-motel room. Suites are not at all like that.
undercoverSister

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 6th, 2012, 5:32 am

The air must be cleared! Shimmer crept up on Silversteel and bounded next to her.

“What’s wroooong?” Shimmer asked in her most ghostly voice. Silversteel looked at her tiredly.

“I’m tired Shimmer,” She said, after a moment. She started walking towards the bed. “It’s been a long day.”

“Oh. Uh, could we talk about what happened when I blacked out?” Shimmer asked, walking with her. Silversteel paused her walk before the bed.

“You somehow coerced Max into driving you and Crimson to my date. I didn’t really understand most of what you were saying, because you kept laughing and then dragged me away from Bloom who was a bit upset. I didn’t want to hurt you so I let you and then Bloom tackled you and you threw up on her.” Silversteel recalled, with a growing frown. “She started crying so Crimson and I took her inside the cart. Max had gone to the fields for some reason and you started pulling it yourself, but then it went out of control. My father was outside fortunately, and managed to stop the cart safely when we … drove into town. But then you threw up on him and fell asleep until you woke up. The end.”

Silversteel abruptly jumped onto the bed and pulled the covers over her. Shimmer stared for a moment, before trotting slowly away to the bathroom. Crimson had filled the pool to a quarter and was wading in it with delight. Shimmer diligently brushed her teeth, just like how Midnight showed her, before walking to the mahogany table and climbing atop of it. She curled into a ball atop of the cold wood and fell asleep.

The night was long.
One day, the one little child had to go to serve a powerful wizard because money said so.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Darkandus » June 6th, 2012, 5:24 pm

;_; Shimmer done goofed. We should think about what a meany pants we've been to our bestest friends.
Darkandus

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 6th, 2012, 10:50 pm

(The Pennywhistle Theatre for Misbegotten Ponies would like to present ....

This shitty photo cover art of Pony Quest. A free update with every poster sold!

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k53 ... G_1581.jpg)

"Shimmer, I’m scared. W-what’s going to happen if I fall asleep?"

She grew calloused but never callous through her toil. On a summer, the Council came to check the wizard's power.
Last edited by LifeOfGesture on June 12th, 2012, 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby spudman » June 6th, 2012, 11:06 pm

Who is that other pony in the picture here, is it Crimson? And who's talking?
spudman

Unread postby Arganaut » June 6th, 2012, 11:07 pm

Well, hopefully, pancake curse.
Arganaut

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 6th, 2012, 11:11 pm

Who is that other pony in the picture here, is it Crimson? And who's talking?
Shimmer hears Crimson's voice. It's very dark though.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby spudman » June 6th, 2012, 11:58 pm

Pancake curse, maybe. But if there's something bad we'll make it go away.
spudman

Unread postby Wittgen » June 7th, 2012, 1:39 am

Whisper, whisper, "If you fall asleep, you'll be asleep. Ooh, ooh, maybe you'll dream. Dreams are fun. Usually. I do have a recurring nightmare where I'm a bean counter in canterlot and I just spend all day counting beans. The worst part is that in the dream, it's the funnest thing ever. The other worst part is that I don't even want to have anything sugary.

But don't worry. You'll probably have great dreams. This room is awesome. "
Wittgen

Unread postby Darkandus » June 11th, 2012, 3:34 am

Going with Witt on this.
Darkandus

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » June 12th, 2012, 12:04 am

Well, hopefully it'll be a pancake curse.

And what if it’s not, Shimmer? What if it’s something terrible?

Well, I'll make it go away!

But don't worry, you'll probably have great dreams.

This room is awesome ...

You are Shimmer the Glorious Flying Pegasus, no longer the Glorious Earthbound Brick! It is a fine day to go flying! Perhaps maybe you'll even find your mother.
And so when she woke up to find the warm summer breeze made her clatter and empty, the Wizard was ready.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Arganaut » June 12th, 2012, 12:13 am

Wow, awesome pics LoG.

Looking for our mother? Well, if she's anything like us, she's looking for the candy shop. Or the nearest International House of Pancakes.
Arganaut

Unread postby Wittgen » June 12th, 2012, 12:27 am

Holy god almighty why is your art so good. Shimmer's face is priceless in every picture. Peagasus Shimmer is so damn cute, and Crimson is so bleak and foreboding. Just, bravo.

Flying sounds awesome. I really don't know where you'd go about finding a mom, but the sky seems as reasonable a place to start as any. Barring that, Arg's suggestions are good. I guess if she's not there, though, she'd be somewhere Midnight likes. Where does Midnight Green like to hang out? The post office? Or maybe the local responsibility factory? I don't know.

I wonder if we can fly upside down? And do clouds taste like marshmallows? There are so many important questions that have to be answered. Let's fly around detectiving with an eye out for maternal figures.
Wittgen

Unread postby spudman » June 12th, 2012, 1:06 am

Can't breathe....too much cute/awesome....

:yaeh_am_not_durnk:

We must live the dream that Honey Mustard has long denied us! Where is a bus that we can fly?
Last edited by spudman on June 12th, 2012, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
spudman

Return to “%s” Quests