Hurt 'n Heal: Friendship is Magic Edition

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Hurt 'n Heal: Friendship is Magic Edition

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 21st, 2011, 9:46 pm

Hello, everypony. Or if you prefer: pegasis & bronies. Today I would like you all to start participating in a little game, a game of ultimatums and choice, and for all ponies involved: survival . If you scroll down below, you'll see a list of snapshots of several lovely equines, as well as some status factors which will become relevant to you in a moment. The ponies in these pictures will be the mane participants in our little game. However, do not worry; you will all get a chance to play. You see, there's a slow-acting poison coursing through the system of our players, which only I have the antidote for. Unfortunately, the antidote needs to be administered daily on a time frame of five days for it to effectively neutralize the poison, and you will have to decide who will be receiving it. However, there are rules to the antidote process, so please listen carefully:

HURT AND HEAL

~

OBJECTIVE:

To effectively cure one pony of their poison, by administering a dose of the antidote on a daily basis, on a five day time frame, and to make sure only one pony remains on Day Five.

Rules:

1. All characters will start with 21 HP (you may not ‘heal’ over the Max HP), and an antidote counter indicating how many antidotes they’ve received. The antidote counter will be indicated by the ‘+’ sign

2. Each day, users will be able to use THREE HURTS and TWO HEALS. For every 2 heals, they get an antidote point (AP), 5 APs are required to survive the last day.

3. You're 'hurts' introduce more poison, taking one point of health for each hurt. Two heals = 1 AP, moving the pony toward the essential 5 AP needed at the end of day 5

4. If a pony wants to be eligible to survive day five, their AP must reach 5. However, there should only be one pony remaining on day five; if there is more then one pony remaining on day five, they will all succumb to poison regardless of how many antidotes they have.

5. You may split up your hurts and heals among different ponies, but keep in mind rules #3 and #4

6. Once you have made your post you should not edit your decision

7. You may only post your hurts and heals ONCE A DAY, though you can
discuss the game and whatever else you want as much as you'd like

8. Stats will be updated regularly

9. Every day users may glean insight from a single pony, selected via majority vote for the day. The insight itself will give clues toward the nature of the game

10. One among you knows the true nature of the game. If they decide to reveal the nature of it, in-game, all ponies will die.

Now for the fun part

CHARACTERS:

- Twilight Sparkle, 20 HP, +1

- Fluttershy, 20 HP, +1

- Rainbow Dash, 21 HP, +0

- Applejack , 20 HP, +1

- Pinkie Pie, 21 HP, +0

- Rarity, 21 HP, +1
Last edited by ShonenHero on August 23rd, 2011, 12:04 pm, edited 5 times in total.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Re: Hurt 'n Heal: Friendship is Magic Edition

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » August 21st, 2011, 10:06 pm

What kind of sick, demented game is this?

3 Hurt Applejack
2 Heal Fluttershy
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 21st, 2011, 10:13 pm

What kind of sick, demented game is this?

3 Hurt Applejack
2 Heal Fluttershy
Says the person participating. :grin:

Also, I will accept the affect of using two heals to get an antidote, but since Fluttershy is at max health she won't gain any hitpoints from it and there won't be a buffer effect where if someone hurts Fluttershy three times it'll be bumped down to 1 hurt due to your earlier heals.
ShonenHero

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 21st, 2011, 10:36 pm

Oh my...
Heal Rarity 1,
Heal Twilight Sparkle 1,

Hurt *whimper...* Rainbow Dash 1
Hurt Pinkie Pie 1 *sob*
Hurt Fluttershy 1 *bawls* :P
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Wittgen » August 22nd, 2011, 12:31 am

So, is there any way to save all the ponies. Like, use our harms for that creepy doll thing?

If not, we should choose one pony to save and all methodically kill the others. Otherwise, they all die. I say we choose based on who could best weather the emotional trauma. Pinkie Pie has proven that she will go bonkers minus friends, so she is out. Fluttershy is a sweetheart, but I am pretty sure survivor's guilt would utterly destroy her. So no go there either.

The other four are all possibilities. I vote for Twi. She is smart, magically powerful, and honestly more important than the others. Plus, her connections to deities give her a much better chance of seeing justice served against whoever is leading this horror show.
Wittgen

Unread postby spudman » August 22nd, 2011, 12:39 am

This...dear God, WHY?!

I think it's a safe bet that SOMEONE here (Spenc) is hellbound. :on_fire:
spudman

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 22nd, 2011, 12:59 am

I agree with Witt... AND spudman.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 22nd, 2011, 1:02 am

So, is there any way to save all the ponies. Like, use our harms for that creepy doll thing?

If not, we should choose one pony to save and all methodically kill the others. Otherwise, they all die. I say we choose based on who could best weather the emotional trauma. Pinkie Pie has proven that she will go bonkers minus friends, so she is out. Fluttershy is a sweetheart, but I am pretty sure survivor's guilt would utterly destroy her. So no go there either.

The other four are all possibilities. I vote for Twi. She is smart, magically powerful, and honestly more important than the others. Plus, her connections to deities give her a much better chance of seeing justice served against whoever is leading this horror show.
Any more information about the game must be gleamed through the players (the ponies) If you guys can come up with a three person agreement majority on which pony's insight you want to see before midnight, I'll give you theirs and you can make use of that information however you wish. :)
ShonenHero

Unread postby Wittgen » August 22nd, 2011, 1:09 am

I vote for Twilight Sparkle on this as well. She is honestly the smartest pony. If there is a road to everyone surviving, I think she is our best bet for getting on down it.

In the mean time, we should spread our harms to try and get all the ponies close to death. Similarly, we should spread our heals so that everypony can have five antitodes come day five. My goal with this plan is to walk the knife edge where we can maybe have a chance to save everyone, but if that is not in the cards, we can axe the crappy ponies to save the awesome pony on day four. The downside is that this plan requires quite a few players to have a chance of succeeding.

To that end, 3 harm to Twilight Sparkle followed by two heals to twilight sparkle.
Wittgen

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 22nd, 2011, 1:26 am

axe the crappy ponies to save the awesome pony on day four
Woah, woah, I love them all, what do you mean by "crappy ponies"? Sick ponies? Yes. Crappy? >: (

I do think that's a pretty decent plan though. I'm on board. Are you trying to get Twilight's AP up to 5 as fast as possible, or why are you hurting and healing her?

Who should we ask for insight first? We should probably get info from one of the other ponies before they get too low on HP, and then ask twilight.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » August 22nd, 2011, 12:09 pm

Hurt Fluttershy 1
You dare? You dare!
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kodra » August 22nd, 2011, 1:11 pm

You say Twilight Sparkle is the most likely to find a cure, but it seems more likely to me that Fluttershy is actually a better pick. She's as close to a doctor on the Mane 6 as there is, and she tends to go a bit beserk when her friends lives are on the line.
Kodra

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 22nd, 2011, 2:15 pm

DAY 2

Hello again, bronies. This message marks the second day, which surprises me because I have yet to see a single pony fall. One would think you'd want to better prepare the last pony for the final day. Ah well, what you do with your time is your decision.

In the meantime, I think I'll get our ponies some juice to quench their thirst. Some of them seemed a bit parched, and quite out of sorts. I think a little OJ would be a good way to start their day. They'll need it.
ShonenHero

Unread postby Wittgen » August 22nd, 2011, 9:44 pm

Game is unwinnable. Might as well stop. We have, maybe, four players. At three harm a day for four days each, that is 48 total harm. Killing five ponies would take 98 harm. So, yeah. Sucks to be ponies, I guess. But at least we do not have to feel the least bit guilty about it. There is nothing we can do within the parameters of the game. At least, not within the game's rules.

1 heal to Rarity, one heal to Rainbow Dash. Let us hear some pony's take on the situation. Fluttershy to get a take on what the poison is or Twilight Sparkle to analyze how they have been trapped, either way.
Wittgen

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 22nd, 2011, 10:02 pm

*Sigh*, you're right Witt. I was hoping more would participate, so we could actually play, but whatev. I vote Fluttershy.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby spudman » August 22nd, 2011, 10:31 pm

Rule number 10 says that someone knows the true nature of the game.

Anyway, I guess I'll provide the necessary third vote to get Fluttershy's perspective.
spudman

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 23rd, 2011, 12:13 am

Fluttershy's Insight:

Fluttershy was panicking, eyes wides and glassy, crossing her back hooves while swiveling her head back and forth in the empty warehouse. "W-where? Where is it? I was using it this morning!" Fluttershy didn't understand; she hadn't drunk much of anything since the glasses of OJ that were handed the morning, and she'd even gone a couple hours after that! Why did she have to go so bad? And why was everything so darn blurry?

"O-oh, please, someone, anyone, t-tell me...WHERE IS THE BATHROOM?"

EDIT: I would just like to say that finding out the true nature of the game is a part of the game itself, and will help in completing the game the way you might want it even though at this point victory seems unlikely. All of Jigsaw's post so far are hints at symptoms to the substance used to poison the ponies; make of that what you will.
Last edited by ShonenHero on August 23rd, 2011, 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShonenHero

Unread postby Wittgen » August 23rd, 2011, 12:17 am

Diabetes?
Wittgen

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 23rd, 2011, 12:37 am

Wouldn't be much of a game if I told you what it was, would it? :P You guys will have to come to a consensus on what the ponies are going through. :I
ShonenHero

Unread postby Wittgen » August 23rd, 2011, 12:47 am

Wasn't asking you Spence. Just positing the idea to everyone else.

Diabetes is the only thing I can think of that has both impaired vision and increased need to urinate as symptoms. Plus, OJ has lots of sugar and the idea of being killed by sweetness fits somewhat with the Pony theme.
Wittgen

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 23rd, 2011, 1:11 am

Is diabetes the inability to bring high blood sugar down, or low blood sugar up? I've always been a bit murky when it comes to that. In any case, something sugar related does seem to fit...
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby spudman » August 23rd, 2011, 2:49 am

Hm, she did go to the bathroom once already so one would think frequent urination is a symptom because she NEEDS to go again. But the current symptom might be urinary retention and not being able to go.

A couple links I found involving different toxidromes.

http://www.uic.edu/com/er/toxikon/toxidro.htm

http://www.fmpe.org/en/documents/doc_ai ... ng_ap1.pdf

+2 heal to Applejack.
spudman

Unread postby serbii » August 23rd, 2011, 6:14 am

Diabetes is the inability to metabolise blood sugar I believe, you don't produce enough or working insulin to break it down hence you have high blood sugar.

I think one IRL day = 1 in game day is a bit fast.

TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD BE DOING!

+ 1 heal pinkie pie
serbii

Unread postby ShonenHero » August 23rd, 2011, 12:08 pm

Alright guys, after some deliberation I'm going to pause the game for a sec and ask for suggestions on how long one game day should be to make playing it more fair to everyone? I'm willing to increase the amount of days IRL that equal one game day if it will help forum participation.
ShonenHero

Unread postby Kodra » August 23rd, 2011, 1:38 pm

hmmmmm, based on the stated rules, there is no way for me to "win" this game in any way that is palatable.

Seems like it's time to change the rules ...
Kodra

Return to “%s” Quests