Pokemon Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Pokemon Quest

Unread postby JAGwin » January 1st, 2013, 6:42 pm

"Smoot, use Ember." From there, have Smoot use whatever Fire type moves are needed to keep the Wild Pokemon away from us, but avoid having him get close and don't have him use Lava Plume if Indigo or Rose are standing too close to him.

If Smoot starts running out of steam, switch him with Zattana and/or Nessie.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby gamebrain89 » January 1st, 2013, 6:49 pm

Yeah...blasting Flamethrowers and such around willy nilly might be kind of a bad idea, considering the area we are in. Zatanna and Fezzik should take point, with Smoot acting as short range cover for Rose and Indigo, to keep the chance of setting the area ablaze as small as possible. Organized retreat, HO!
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby JAGwin » January 1st, 2013, 7:02 pm

Yeah...blasting Flamethrowers and such around willy nilly might be kind of a bad idea, considering the area we are in.
As far as I'm aware, Smoot doesn't know Flamethrower yet. That's why I suggested using Ember.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 1st, 2013, 8:08 pm

Jag, you missed his point. Starting a forest fire might not be the best idea ever.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » January 1st, 2013, 8:25 pm

Jag, you missed his point. Starting a forest fire might not be the best idea ever.
Yeah, that is a good point. Don't want that Ranger to kill us.

Scratch my plan and go with gamebrain's.
JAGwin

Unread postby ShonenHero » January 1st, 2013, 10:17 pm

I say we circle back to the stream, have Smoot, Zatanna and Fezzik run interference for us once we hit the bank of the stream, and then throw out Nessie and have her carry Rose and Indigo down stream to the main body of the lake.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby someone » January 2nd, 2013, 7:17 am

I vote fire. What's the worst that could happen?
We have Nessie to put out any fires that break out afterwards.
If necessary we always have Zatanna to get us out (assuming she can teleport two people).
someone

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » January 3rd, 2013, 10:57 am

I say we don't do any of that and just run. Run like our lives depend on it because they do.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby someone » January 3rd, 2013, 12:06 pm

Running gives them a free shot, setting things on fire first distracts them.
someone

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 4th, 2013, 1:50 am

You release two more of your Pokemon and begin shouting orders. "Zatanna, they're Poison, shut 'em down with Confusion! Fezzik, take them apart with Aerial Ace! Smoot, cover us if they get too close, but watch the trees! We don't need this whole place coming down on us! Rose, make us a hole, get us out of here!"

The Grass Pokemon clearly knew how to trap their prey. The Bellsprout hung back in the trees, their Vine Whips making a web that surrounded the clearing, including jumping the river, cutting off that escape. Even worse, the Weepinbell were filling the air with Stun Spore and Poisonpowder. On top of that, the Victreebel were advancing with a hungry look in their eyes.

If you and Rose weren't able to get out of this quickly, you were in real trouble.

Zatanna raises her spoon and begins gesturing, pointing at the closest Victreebel, her eyes glowing. The Victreebel's eyes glow to match Zatanna's, and it begins to shake. Fezzik charges and slashes his horn across the Grass Pokemon's body with blinding speed, and it collapses. Smoot rolls towards another Victreebel with Flame Wheel, crashing into it with an explosion of fire and bouncing back to land beside you.

Rose finally starts reacting. "Aroma, cut apart those vines with Magical Leaf! Felix, help her with Dragonbreath!" Rose's Bayleef shoots an unerring barrage of glowing leaves at the vines blocking the stream, and her Dratini fires a stream of caustic breath at the center of the vine wall. Some of the vines snap and retract under the assault, but the wall is still too thick to escape through.

The Victreebel advance towards you, spraying Acid attacks at your team. Smoot knocks you over and shields you from the attacks, taking them across his back. His fiery fur cooks the liquid off quickly, leaving the fur stained and discolored.

You feel Smoot's temperature skyrocket and you let go for fear of being burned. You try to push yourself up, only to have your feet yanked out from under you by a Victreebel's Vine Whip. "Smoot, get it off me!"

But Fezzik's already in motion, slicing the vine apart with Aerial Ace. You scurry back, Rose hauling you to your feet as her Pokemon continue their assault on the barrier.

Zatanna points at another one of the Victreebel and it collapses, but that isn't what catches your eye. No, your attention is on Smoot. He charges the Victreebel that grabbed you, slamming it with a Flame Wheel then bearing down on it, covering its face in Embers. Smoot roars a fiery challenge to the skies as the wild Pokemon can't take anymore, daring the rest of the Grass Pokemon to take him on.

One of the Bellsprout tries to grab Smoot, but can't keep hold of the overheated Pokemon. As the vine flicks away, Smoot begins to glow. He shoots up over two feet and gains over a hundred pounds of bulk in an instant. The glow fades away and Smoot lets out another roar, now a Typhlosion.

0oOo0
Spoiler: show
Smoot - Typhlosion - Naughty Nature - Male - Level 36 - Blaze
Nessie - Lapras - Rash Nature - Female - Level 25 - Water Absorb
Dolly - Flaaffy - Jolly Nature - Female - Level 29 - Static
Fezzik - Heracross - Docile Nature - Male - Level 27 - Guts
Zatanna - Kadabra - Hasty Nature - Female - Level 23 - Synchronize
Geist - Haunter - Careful Nature - Male - Level 27 - Levitate

With Dad:

Deedee - Hoppip - Rash Nature - Female - Level 5 - Chlorophyll
Mary Jane - Oddish - Relaxed Nature - Female - Level 7 - Chlorophyll
Amaranthine - Grimer - Relaxed Nature - Female - Level 18 - Stench
Swagster - Poliwag - Docile Nature - Female - Level 24 - Damp
Edward - Golbat - Quirky Nature - Male - Level 22 - Inner Focus
Thea - Ledian - Naive Nature - Female - Level 27 - Early Bird
Hippolyta - Scyther - Adamant Nature - Female - Level 23 - Technician
Zatanna - Kadabra - Hasty Nature - Female - Level 20 - Synchronize
Bran - Murkrow - Quiet Nature - Male - Level 20 - Insomnia
Madoka - Chansey - Calm Nature - Female - Level 14 - Natural Cure
Rampage - Larvitar - Adamant Nature - Male - Level 25 - Guts
Hogan - Golem - Naive Nature - Male - Level 26 - Rock Head

Reference Maps:
Johto
Route 42
Route 43
Route 44
Mahogany Town
Lake of Rage

Move List and Inventory
Smoot just evolved and about half the Victreebel are down, but you're still surrounded by the Bellsprout, and the Weepinbell are still filling the air with Stun Spore and Poisonpowder. What will you do?

Oh, and because I forgot to mention it last time, Rose switched out Rocky for Felix, so she does not have her Steelix with her. My mistake.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 4th, 2013, 1:54 am

"Smoot! Ring of Fire! Circle us with Flame Wheel to burn off those powders and drive em back! Fezzik, keep up the Aerial Aces! Zatanna, stay behind the ring and keep blowing their minds!"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » January 4th, 2013, 2:10 am

I agree with Tempest.
JAGwin

Unread postby ShonenHero » January 4th, 2013, 7:48 pm

Tempest's suggestion is metal, so lets go with that.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Wittgen » April 4th, 2013, 2:46 am

Does our Kadabra know teleport? Let's have her get the two of us out of here. The rest of our pokemone can die a slow, paralyzed death in toxic fire. If they were worth anything, they wouldn't have allowed there master to get into such a dangerous situation.
Wittgen

Unread postby Joe » April 12th, 2013, 4:28 am

You're all heart Witt :-|

Going with Tempest's suggestion.
Joe

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » April 17th, 2013, 10:56 am

Lets go with Tempest.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby JAGwin » July 15th, 2013, 8:42 pm

oog: Quick question; how long has it been ig since the start of this Quest?

ig: In addition to Tempest's plan, let's also send out Geist. While he doesn't have any moves with a type advantage, he is immune to being poisoned, and pretty much everything that wild Weepinbell and Victreebel can learn is either useless against him or he's resistant to it due to being a Ghost-Poison hybrid, so he'll probably only end up stunned and a bit banged up at the worst.

EDIT: Also, some Hypnosis and Sucker Punches should help keep the Victreebel (and possibly the Weepinbel) from doing more damage than they already have.
JAGwin

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » January 6th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Is this quest dead? Because its been a full year since the last update.
shadowspiri5

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 6th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Yes, it's dead, or at best comatose. I don't foresee me coming back to it any time in the near future, and I've lost my inspiration for this particular piece of writing. Perhaps I'll come back someday, but don't count on seeing it anytime soon.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Quests