Fallout Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Fallout Quest

Unread postby Kodra » November 8th, 2011, 4:39 pm

War. War never changes.

The scars of war run deep and heal slowly. The anger and fear born in war lasts generations past a given war's end. The hatred can be so powerful that it persists even through the end of the world.

This is the case in the Great Lakes region of Ohio and Michigan, where two factions slowly began to emerge in opposition of the other. Soon the Bucks and the Wolves had each created an alliance among local tribes that could rival the greatest post 2077 societies. Tensions have begun racing as skirmishes between the two sides are escalating, and everyone in the region is finding themselves pulled into the conflict.

In the meantime another society struggles to remain neutral in the conflict. Nestled between the small villages of Ashville and the Raider encampment of New Mansfeld, Vault 37 is a community descended from a group of scientists. These days they use the teachings passed on to manufacture the medicine and chemicals demanded by their wasteland neighbors.

You have been assigned to travel with a caravan, heading out into the wasteland to trade these products for the food and supplies needed to keep Vault 37's residents alive and safe. This journey has been a long time coming, as most of your friends have already made their first foray out of the vault. Little does anyone know just how important this trip will be to the entire Mid West region...

-------------------------------------------

Let's see if I can do one of these.

I'm taking votes on names, gender, and Tag! Skills
Kodra

Re: Fallout Quest

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 8th, 2011, 5:22 pm

:dance

Name: Amorera ('amore-ear-ahh')
Tags:
Science (obviously)
Speech
Melee Weapons
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 8th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Name: Bruce
Tag Skills: Light Guns, Science, Lockpick

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 8th, 2011, 6:24 pm

By the way, what version of fallout are we using system wise? Vegas, 3?
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kodra » November 8th, 2011, 7:17 pm

Let's go with New Vegas. I like the skills breakdown for that better.
Kodra

Unread postby Wittgen » November 8th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Name: Anna Navarre
Sex: Female
Skills: Small Guns, Big Guns, Medium Guns (Just kiding. Guns, energy weapons, explosives.)

Alternatively, Amy, female, medicine, survival, barter.
Wittgen

Unread postby Kodra » November 8th, 2011, 7:54 pm

That first character is a bit dangerous. I mean, what if "Flatlander Woman" becomes hip new lingo in post-apocalyptic ohio?
Kodra

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 8th, 2011, 8:11 pm

I'm seconding Mr. Rigger's choices.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » November 8th, 2011, 9:57 pm

I'm seconding Zank's choices.
Random_fan

Unread postby Magnificate » November 9th, 2011, 2:44 am

Name: Jane
Tags: Speech, Barter, Explosives
Magnificate

Unread postby serbii » November 9th, 2011, 6:26 am

Name: Walker ("First name is, ugh *cringe* yeah, I'm not telling you it")
Skills: Small guns, repair, sneak

We shall steal everything and build things from it. MWAHAHAHA! HOARDING TIME!

Am going to constantly think of FoE with this XD
serbii

Unread postby bookwurm290 » November 9th, 2011, 8:46 pm

I'll third Mr. Rigger.
bookwurm290

Unread postby gman391 » November 10th, 2011, 5:08 am

I'll through in a 4th for Mr. Rigger
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Kodra » November 10th, 2011, 2:50 pm

I had something posted last night, but then my computer crashed. It's cool, extra votes changed results (only slightly though)

Amorera "Amy" Bruce

Strength 4
Perception 7
Endurance 4
Charisma 4
Intelligence 8
Agility 8
Luck 5

Tag Skills
Science
Guns
Lockpicking

Perk:
Vault 37 resident - Your background has given you special insight into the process of making chems demanded out in the wastes, but your repeated exposure makes you more susceptible to addiction. +5 Survival/Medicine for determine what items you can craft, +10% chance of becoming addicted to chems.

"I know many of you have been eagerly looking forward to this day. We've done all we can to teach you about the lives you are about to begin, but classroom lectures and demonstrations can only get you so far." The Overseer's droning barely phases you as you gaze out over the horizon. You've been outside a few times for classes, but this is the first time you are actually going to get to do something out here. You sneak a glance to see your a few of your classmates, nervously focused on the Overseer. Behind the overseer you see a couple of older adults, including Daniel, your most recent mentor, along with a few pack Brahmin.

A lull in the overseer's diatribe clues you in that he noticed your lack of attention. When your eyes meet his, he smiles and continues. "Anyways, you will be accompanying the caravan on it's journey. Each of you were chosen to accompany your mentors and aid them in the tasks. Pay close attention and learn as much as you can, as one day you will have to take their places and train the next crop of bright new Vault 37 residents. Most of all though, be careful. The outside is a dangerous place, and while we require these trips for our continued survival, I cannot stress enough how dangerous these missions can be. Now with that said, good luck." The Overseer passes to the side as the caravan approaches.

WHAT DO YOU DO?

Feel free to ask for any background information that you need to fill in the gaps from your Vault 37 upbringing.

EDIT: Fixed the Guns skill
Last edited by Kodra on November 10th, 2011, 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kodra

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 10th, 2011, 4:58 pm

*Small guns? I thought we were going with the Vegas skill set, so it should be just Guns, aye?
* Do we know our mentor at all? If so what is some basic information about him? What is the Stable Vault heirarchy, and the mentor system?
~*~*~*~
We double check our gear, then move over to daniel.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kodra » November 10th, 2011, 6:44 pm

You are wearing Vault 37 Lab Coat modified with some leather reinforcements while out in the field. You have 5 bobby pins, a screwdriver, a pipboy 3000, a 9mm pistol (36 rounds), and a varmint rifle (30 rounds).

Your mentor, Daniel Brock, is in charge of keeping the computer systems running and building any new hardware that the chemists need for research or development of the wares you trade. He's considered a genius at his job and the R&D infrastructure has actually improved in Vault 37 since he's taken over. However, everyone who discovers you are learning from him urges you not to adopt his beliefs in "the sprites that like to wreak havoc with his equipment". Most people consider his fixation with techno-paranormal entities a harmless quirk, and are willing to overlook it in light of the good work he's done in his position.

As you approach Daniel he pulls out an beat up looking laser rifle and holds it across his chest. "Oh heya Amy! Time for your first trip eh? Good timing too, I just put the finishing touches on my modifications. Hopefully we'll see a radscorpian out there so I can show this bad boy off? When Kiefa sees this she'll be asking me to make one for all of security." He flicks off the safety and the power of the device hums to life. It starts shining brightly and small arcs of electricity leap from it to a pair of metallic plates crudely screwed into either side of the rifle.

[Science 35/30] : The rifle seems to have the power inhibitors altered allowing more power buildup in the chamber, and the Dyson sphere effect it has is compensated by metallic plating with attached wires leading into the MF Cell. This probably will increase the output, but also means that losing either plate might cause unintended consequences.
Kodra

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 10th, 2011, 10:22 pm

*No towel? What kind of survival training are these kids getting?
~*~*~*~
Others would be nervous near an madman with an unstable weapon, but years of studying under daniel has shown us he is never reckless. We grin slightly as he brags about the modified rifle and aims at imaginary targets, his enthusiam dimming our nervousnes. All we could think about through the overseer's speech was the warnings of cannibal raiders and impossible monsters.
"Hopefully all we run into are scorpions."

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby serbii » November 13th, 2011, 8:01 am

Grin at the gun like it's a precious baby, coo at it, contemplate how big an explosion we could make with it.
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » November 22nd, 2011, 1:33 am

Break the gun. "We are not savages. We will not turn to violence."

Time to follow the way of the leaf.
Wittgen

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 22nd, 2011, 2:18 am

Seconding wittgen! Getting traditional aiel up in here!

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » December 29th, 2011, 10:52 am

Yes, by all means, lets destroy is our mentors newest weapon that he spent untold hours to create. Plus it could explode.
Lets just be total jerks, who died. good call.

I say we steal it.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby ewuvi » January 19th, 2012, 8:22 pm

Break the gun. "We are not savages. We will not turn to violence."

Time to follow the way of the leaf.
I really, really, really want this. At the same time, serbii's response seems perhaps less...'bad end'-y.
ewuvi

Unread postby livilou » January 19th, 2012, 11:03 pm

I agree that Witt's response is by far the most entertaining, but I think for the sake of story I'll go for serbii's.
livilou

Unread postby Darkandus » January 19th, 2012, 11:21 pm

Depending on which fallout this is based on Pacifist route could be totally viable.

On the other hand I like explosions.

Going with Serbii.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Return to “%s” Quests