Zombie Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Zombie Quest

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » December 29th, 2011, 12:36 am

No disrespect to serbii’s Necromancer Quest, but I found it a little lacking on the zombie aspect. So I propose this quest for all the zombie killing goodness we want.

First the Character building, so anyone who wants a say, fill in the relevant areas

Name:
Height/Weight:
Appearance:
Other:

I won’t lie. This likely won’t be the best written quest on the forum.
AlucardBackwards

Re: Zombie Quest

Unread postby Wittgen » December 29th, 2011, 3:04 am

Name: DeMahlia VonCrahnerkrusher
Height/Weight: 5'5", 160 lbs (actually 120)
Appearance: A pretty middle aged woman with sandy blonde hair in a medium length cut that shows off its slight natural curl. Strong cheekbones, blue eyes like flint. Flint that will set you on fire. Medium build, somewhat stubby legs. Speaks with a slight Russian accent for reasons she keeps to herself.
Other: They said a woman couldn't get anywhere in the miltary special forces, especially if she insisted on speaking with a Russian accent at the height of the cold war. They said a blonde couldn't get anywhere in the vaunted academic halls of eastern european mad science with a speciality like xenocractic necrology. They said someone with a frankly worryingly small legs:height ratio couldn't cut it in the Guild of Calamatous Intent to Kill Werewolves and Other Bad Shit (GoCIKWOBS). They said a lot of things about what Demahlia couldn't do.

And it seems They are actually pretty well informed and smart because Demahlia hasn't gotten very far in any of the numerous fields she has tried. But that won't stop her because she's not really a failure until she gives up or dies, and a VonCrahnerkrusher is never really a failure.
Last edited by Wittgen on December 29th, 2011, 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wittgen

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 29th, 2011, 3:10 am

Name: John Doe
Height/Weight: 5' 7"/130 lbs
Appearance: Tattered clothes, rotting flesh, bloodstains around mouth, multiple open wounds.
Other: Is a zombie.

Hey, it is called Zombie Quest...

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Wittgen » December 29th, 2011, 3:17 am

Dracula did say we were going to be killing zombies. Would John Doe be a rogue zombie? Or a half-zombie? Either way, a man tortured by his darker, decaying side, constantly fighting zombies, his own nature, and of course, the loneliness of being of two worlds but accepted by neither?
Wittgen

Unread postby tryrar » December 29th, 2011, 3:25 am

question: Romero Zombies or fast zombies like from 28 days later? there IS a difference....
tryrar

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » December 29th, 2011, 10:21 am

Yeah. People replied.

Ok, first off the zombies are similar to Romero zombies. There slow shambling, and not to bright. They do not require a headshot to kill, just massive damage to their bodies.

You could play as a newly infected but you would only get about three days ingame before you fully transformed and lost all control.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » December 29th, 2011, 6:45 pm

Ok. Here is a little more background to help you out. The year is 2018; it has been 6 years since the First Zombie incursion. The zombies are really an extra dimensional parasite, looks like a 6-inch long slug that takes over a sufficiently mauled corpse when their mother's Host vomits them on a fresh kill. They take control, grow large enough to control all motor functions, then create a new Brood of little ones and repeat the process. It is also possible to be injected with an infant Zombie Slug, it takes three days to fully mature and kill the host.

You (who ever you are) live in Sanctuary the one of last human city. What you do is your choice, but I suggest a career that lends itself to fighting. I think Sanctuary is about to get a lot less safe. :psychotic:

More info apon request.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby ewuvi » December 30th, 2011, 12:59 am

Name: Mister Sprinkles
Height/Weight: 12 inches, 13 lbs
Appearance: Long, fluffy hair, a calico pattern of black, brown and white. Mister Sprinkles is a lean, mean, mouse terrorizing machine, 13 pounds of pure muscle and sinew (well, a bit of fluff, too) with pointy claws of DOOM and adorable ears that pick up on even the tiniest of sounds.

Other: When he was young, Mister Sprinkles was an expert mouser, the champion of his domain. The only real threat to his power came in the form of Wooferson McPooch, a powerful, if a bit slow, rival. When the zombie threat finally reached their home, however, the two were forced to band together out of necessity. They fled to Sanctuary together, and during the grueling journey became fire forged friends.

Now Mister Sprinkles and Wooferson McPooch do whatever it takes to keep those retarded humans safe. Whenever there is a problem afoot, Detective Sprinkles and Officer McPooch are on the case, and the Zeds get licked real good. Sometimes its sloppy and wet, and others, it's dry and harsh like the sandpaper of justice.
ewuvi

Unread postby Arganaut » December 30th, 2011, 1:00 am

I could seriously go for either ewuvi's idea or Witt's. Both sound like a whole lot of fun.
Arganaut

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » December 30th, 2011, 7:59 pm

Yeah, um i can't really write from a cats perspective, but if enough people want it ill give it a shot.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby Darkandus » December 31st, 2011, 10:11 pm

I am extremely tempted to back up ewuvi's suggestion just out of sheer novelty, but I'll toss my support in with Witt so you don't go insane trying to write from a cats purrspective.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby tryrar » January 3rd, 2012, 3:42 pm

I'm with witt....except for the name.
tryrar

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » January 7th, 2012, 12:20 pm

Then suggest a name. i need a consensus.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby ewuvi » January 7th, 2012, 3:13 pm

I will back Witt, especially with that name.
ewuvi

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » January 7th, 2012, 7:24 pm

The sound of a Klaxon shakes even the heaviest of sleepers of sleeps and DeMahlia has never been one of those people. In the city-fortress of Sanctuary the Klaxon means only one thing.
Zombies in the city proper. Reaching for her weapon of choice DeMahlia heads to her assigned station.

What are you weapons. you get one melee and one long-range.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 7th, 2012, 7:44 pm

A lightsaber for melee, and a grenade launcher for ranged.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » January 8th, 2012, 12:00 am

Hey does any one know how to post pictures thta arent on the internet. i made a mock-up of the citys map.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby ewuvi » January 8th, 2012, 12:29 am

easiest way I know of is to get a photobucket account. They're free.
ewuvi

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » January 11th, 2012, 1:10 am

No lightsabre or granade luanchers yet.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby Wittgen » January 11th, 2012, 1:57 am

How about a grenade saber and laser canon? (Not misspelled.)

How about hunting bow and a well preserved Prussian saber?
Wittgen

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » January 11th, 2012, 5:53 pm

No to the first yes to the second.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby Darkandus » January 11th, 2012, 5:54 pm

Rifle for ranged please.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby AlucardBackwards » January 11th, 2012, 5:57 pm

Ok you guys figure out what you want, with in reason, but remenber you have to buy ammo for your ranged weapon and pay for up keep or replacement of your meele.
AlucardBackwards

Unread postby ewuvi » January 19th, 2012, 8:40 pm

How about a grenade saber and laser canon? (Not misspelled.)

How about hunting bow and a well preserved Prussian saber?
I vote for zees one. We could, at least theoretically, retrieve the arrows.

Also we're a VanCrahnerkrusher, and must be equipped like one.
ewuvi

Unread postby livilou » January 19th, 2012, 11:08 pm

I, too, support Witt's motion.
livilou

Return to “%s” Quests