Hellfire Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Hellfire Quest

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 27th, 2012, 11:59 am

I don't know what I'm doing. But here goes.

You lean heavily on a broken flagpole. All around you, as far as the eye can see, there is only death, except in the East where the sun is rising. The battle had raged for days, and at the end, you are the only survivor. Blood oozes from the deep wound to your abdomen. If you're lucky, it has only pierced one vital organ. If not... But that doesn't bear talking about, especially to such easily influenced minds as yours.

What do you do?

As you have control over fire, ice and shadow, I'd recommend sorting out the wound first, but you know. Who cares what I think?
lordofdrummers

Re: Hellfire Quest

Unread postby Darkandus » February 27th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Use shadow to temporarily replace or hold together any missing or ruptured bits of our body. Then stand up and have a look around for loot. Can't let the peasants have all the fun stealing armour and the like.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 27th, 2012, 2:34 pm

Not what I would have done, considering the shadow will disintegrate in light, but let's see what anyone else thinks.
lordofdrummers

Unread postby Darkandus » February 27th, 2012, 3:14 pm

Ah, but the worst of the wound is inside us, so as long as we hold our hand over it or put on looted clothes that aren't damaged there won't be any light to disintegrate the shadow.
Darkandus

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 27th, 2012, 4:15 pm

Yes, but if the worst of the wound is inside you how will you be able to visualise what needs repairing?
lordofdrummers

Unread postby Darkandus » February 27th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Depends on how large the wound is. Easiest option is if it's large enough to look inside. Second option is seeing if we can feel our insides for holes that aren't meant to be there using the shadow, but that assumes the shadow can send us sensory information. If we really want to stretch it we could just use fire to cauterize the wound, but cauterization doesn't shut holes. It just stops bleeding, and the shock might kill us. It'll also increase the chance of infection.

What exactly can our control over ice, fire and shadow do?
Darkandus

Unread postby gman391 » February 27th, 2012, 5:28 pm

Hmm I'd use Ice to do that personally.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Darkandus » February 27th, 2012, 6:44 pm

Most heat is produced by the liver. Having ice right next to it might cause hypothermia. I guess there is a reason healing magic is the go to for treating wounds, everything else seems to have the unfortunate effect of causing even more problems.
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 27th, 2012, 6:45 pm

Drummer, you might want to actually give us some insight into how our powers work before setting us loose, as we're pretty obviously acquainted with them in-quest.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Cordialfellow » February 28th, 2012, 2:22 am

I agree with TempestKistune. After all we have absolutely no odea how they work and I'm pretty sure using a power that accidentally kills us because we didn't know how it worked would be embarassing.
Cordialfellow

Unread postby serbii » February 28th, 2012, 3:17 am

Numb area with cold/ice.
Cauterise with fire.
Go into shock and die! :D

Dark, your use of shadows kicks me right in the physics.
serbii

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 28th, 2012, 3:52 am

Let's see...

Control over fire means you can set things on fire, melt them, warm them up and cause light/heat. So yes, in this situation you could cauterise the wound. You can also blow stuff up, but it's not really necessary in this situation.

Control over ice means that you can freeze most liquids, cool things down, and make going tricky for any pursuers. In this situation you could numb the wound.

Control over shadow means you can go into shadows and become invisible, put out lights, turn the shadows inside your opponents into blades so they die. You can also allow your shadows to send you sensory information, but that might be a bit confusing. Yes, you can build things out of shadow.

Personally, I'd do what Dark says but numb the exterior of the wound. Except that the strain would make you pass out. Yeah.
lordofdrummers

Unread postby Darkandus » February 28th, 2012, 4:39 pm

Dark, your use of shadows kicks me right in the physics.
I tend to keep physics and magic as far away from each other as possible. They seem to enjoy annihilating one another.

Magic. Enemy of Physics since the birth of the Universe. :P

Edit: Yup, shadow works sort of like I expected. Ahh Magic, you break all most of the rules. <3
Darkandus

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 28th, 2012, 5:10 pm

Still waiting for a general consensus on what to do...
Any more questions?
lordofdrummers

Unread postby NotreallyHere » February 28th, 2012, 11:41 pm

We could Shadow Walk to the nearest medic. If there was such a massive battle, then there as to be troop support.
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

Little brother - “who is organization XIII”
Me – “meh, bunch a nobodies”
NotreallyHere

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 29th, 2012, 3:47 am

Maybe, but your army don't know you can do this stuff (if they did, you would be executed) and when you arrived, there would be a massive flash of light that blinds everyone who sees it. Because you would arrive cloaked in darkness, which would create an equal amount of light. And you would pass out. But, hey, it's not my decision. I suppose when they took you into custody, and you woke up, you could break out.
lordofdrummers

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 29th, 2012, 4:15 am

Okay, Lord? You need to actually spell out what we can and can't do as of right now, and what we know in-world. Because right now we're flying blind and this IV-drip of vital information just isn't cutting it.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gman391 » February 29th, 2012, 4:19 am

Dude, you can't rail road like that. This is something that as a character we would know already and should have been told. Come on man, be a writer and set up a world for us. None of this three sentences stuff.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 29th, 2012, 12:27 pm

You use to live in this country, but when you were eight years old you were kidnapped by a demon. He dragged you through Hell, but you were accompanied by Virgil, who gave you a university level education, and Aeneas, who taught you to beat up and defeat demons and people. In the ninth circle of Hell (I hope you know your Dante, everyone) you were abandoned in a snow hole. You were freezing (12 years old at this point) and burrowed deeper, until you fell into a cave populated by a single demon, who offered you a gift for releasing him. You begged to be warm (four days in a frozen wasteland in summer clothes will do that to you) and he took your soul, replacing it with the power to control fire. Some power to control ice entered as well, and the power to control shadow. Then he sent you back out of Hell. You went to your family, and showed them what you could do, and they abandoned you as a devil-child. You left the country, and, keeping your abilities secret, joined the army in your new country. A massive war erupted, and you ended up here, the only survivor. The village you use to live in is about three miles north of your current position.

And if you do something which ends with you dying, I will get you rescued by the scavenging peasants.
lordofdrummers

Unread postby NotreallyHere » February 29th, 2012, 3:24 pm

We got demon magic, but we’re not a demon, got it. Let’s try to block the wound with our Shadow powers, and now that the army is destroyed let’s try and find that demon we released. We should lock him back up.

My knowledge of Dante’s Inferno is limited. I recognized Virgil but who is Aeneas?
Also are there not Demon empowered magic users that we can pass ourselves off as.
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

NotreallyHere

Unread postby lordofdrummers » February 29th, 2012, 4:01 pm

Aeneas was one of the most respected of the Trojan heroes, and the main character in Virgil's Aeneid. So far, the consensus is to use shadows to patch up, but what else can you think of?
lordofdrummers

Unread postby NotreallyHere » March 4th, 2012, 1:46 pm

Let’s use our fire magic to make a giant monster shaped out of flame. That way the peasants will consider us a god and give us the respect we deserve

NotreallyHere

Return to “%s” Quests