Naruto Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Naruto Quest

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 15th, 2013, 11:03 am

Done, got an 86. I say we help him; his gratitude might loosen his tongue a little.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » June 15th, 2013, 12:42 pm

Let the cat do with him as it will. Get Angry.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 15th, 2013, 1:36 pm

Rolled a 62.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Ristridin » June 15th, 2013, 1:49 pm

Help Neji. Rolled a 66.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Magnificate » June 15th, 2013, 4:44 pm

Indecisive, then Assist Neji. Rolled 6.
Magnificate

Unread postby spudman » June 16th, 2013, 5:37 pm

You guys do know that from gman's description before the 'best of 3' would be the lowest roll, right?

I rolled a 22. Help Neji.
spudman

Unread postby Ristridin » June 16th, 2013, 5:50 pm

You guys do know that from gman's description before the 'best of 3' would be the lowest roll, right?

I rolled a 22. Help Neji.
Ah, for some reason, I thought he would pick one of three rolls posted, so I only rolled once. Rolled twice more; lowest 47 now. Still pretty bad, but lower than before.
Ristridin

Unread postby spudman » June 16th, 2013, 5:54 pm

But how would he decide which rolls to 'count'. The first three? Shenanigans!
spudman

Unread postby gman391 » July 13th, 2013, 8:20 pm

For Great Justice! Stop the Cat!

No, even if I don’t like Neji that much, I won’t let him suffer under Tora’s predations. Cats are mean, and to let a fellow human suffer under them is also against the Gospel of Ramen.
Spoiler: show
Naruto Attack Roll:Taijutsu=6 versus 25= 2 successes (Double Damage)
Tora Defense Roll: Agility=40 versus 40= 1 success
My fist launches out out towards the cat who tries at the last minute to claw at me, but I was too fast for that and punched it in the side, sending the angry cat flying away. Neji looks at me, relieved to have the cat off his head. He seems ready to run again. No no no I did not just punch a cat For Great Justice, just to have you run away again. I grab at his wrist.
Naruto Grapple Roll: Taijutsu=22 versus 25= 1 success
Neji Defense Roll: Taijutsu = 53 versus 40= 1 failure
I catch him before he can run away again this time. He tries to twist around and I almost lose him. Just in time my grip strengthens thanks to that Monkey style taijutsu.

“Neji, why the hell are you running from me? Are you that scared of me?” I ask.

He just glares at me.

“No, I’m not scared. I just don’t want to talk to you.”

“Hey I just saved your ass from that freaking cat, the least you could do is talk to me and tell me why you were spying on me.” I shout.

Neji looks uncomfortable and sighs.

“You wouldn’t understand. After all, how could you? You aren’t Hyuuga.”

“Then tell me what you’re on about you ass.”

“Stop whining like a child and know this. Fate has determined our places. I merely wanted to see how you were taking to yours.”
Neji Grapple Break: Taijutsu=43 versus 40= 1 degree of failure
Naruto Grapple Hold: Taijutsu=47 versus 25= 2 degrees of failure
Neji attempts to break my grip again and I struggle against him, but damn is he slippery, managing to get out of my hold with a little effort.

“See that you know your fate.” Neji says as he begins walking away.

Fate? What the hell is he talking about? I’m not letting him walk away like that, the bastard. No, I’m going to say something....

Aggressive: “Fate? What the hell do you know about fate?”

Calm: “There is no fate but what we make ourselves...”

Happy: “I’ve been telling Fate to go screw itself for years and that’s turned out great for me...”

Understanding: “Know my fate Neji? And what exactly is my fate?”

Write in:

Note: Taijutsu does double damage to people without taijutsu stats.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 13th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Start with Understanding, and try to pick apart his argument with flaws. For example if he says it's our fate to lose and always be a loser, remark on how a loser wouldn't have been able to save his face from being savaged by a cat, and a loser wouldn't be learning from the Hokage's summon. Things like that.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » July 13th, 2013, 8:29 pm

I'm not sure whether to go for Calm or Aggressive, so I'm with whichever has more votes.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby JamestheFox » July 13th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Siding with the Rigger on this.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Ristridin » July 14th, 2013, 4:18 am

Thirding Rigger.
Ristridin

Unread postby someone » July 14th, 2013, 5:30 am

Start with Understanding, and try to pick apart his argument with flaws. For example if he says it's our fate to lose and always be a loser, remark on how a loser wouldn't have been able to save his face from being savaged by a cat, and a loser wouldn't be learning from the Hokage's summon. Things like that.

MrRigger
He hasn't actually directly insulted our skills.

Philosophical: Ask him how he's so sure that our fate is what it appears to be.

Edit: Btw, how much do we know about the Fourth Hokage? Because he's the perfect example of someone that defied expectations.
someone

Unread postby MrRigger2 » July 14th, 2013, 4:09 pm

I know he hasn't directly insulted our skills, that's why I said if he goes that route (which is honestly pretty likely based on the character). It's just one example of how I would prefer to pick apart the flaws in his argument. If he argues fate in a separate direction, then we'll have to pick apart those flaws.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby someone » July 15th, 2013, 7:59 am

Oh, right.

Change vote to what Rigger said.
someone

Unread postby Phht » July 15th, 2013, 8:29 am

I can't help but think "The only fate that's set in stone is death. Everything else between then and now is negotiable." >.>

Vote-wise, I'll support MrRigger.
Phht

Unread postby spudman » July 20th, 2013, 11:49 pm

"You say that like it's set in stone. There's a lot in my life that I don't have a say in, Neji. I don't decide when the sun comes up, or if it's gonna rain. And I sure as hell didn't decide for most people around here to look down on me all the time. I bet you've noticed that if you've been following me around. There's a lot of things that I don't control that make the life I wake up to. But I control how I react to all that and what I do then. If it rains you'd think I'd open an umbrella, but I don't have to. I can let clothes get wet, or run naked through the streets! I'd probably get in trouble then...but it was my choice. And even if a lot of people say I'm no good I don't have to accept it."

"I used to get angry about it, but that didn't help, and it didn't accomplish anything. I keep trying to make friends and train to become a ninja the village can respect as their Hokage. And you know what? I'm learning and growing stronger every day, and I have friends and people that I like and like me back that I wouldn't have if I had just given up. Results, right there. But if I hit some other speed bumps along the way, I'll have to keep trying. Maybe something new. Adapt to the situation like Iruka-sensei says."

"Saying something is set in stone, that you have no choice...that's just an excuse to save face because the other choice is "too hard" or "not a real option", when it's really just something you choose not to do, or it just shows a lack of creativity in general."

"You still haven't told me why you were spying on me. But you mentioned your clan. Does it have something to do with them, with Hinata?"
spudman

Unread postby spector29 » March 16th, 2014, 3:04 am

I'm throwing my lot in with Spuds.

Even if I just found this whole board an hour ago.
spector29

Return to “%s” Quests