Naruto Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Naruto Quest

Unread postby someone » December 17th, 2012, 8:58 am

I'm going to vote understanding. Calm works too. Acting all happy while our friend is like this seems selfish.
someone

Unread postby NotreallyHere » December 17th, 2012, 11:31 am

Happy that he’s gonna get better.
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

Little brother - “who is organization XIII”
Me – “meh, bunch a nobodies”
NotreallyHere

Unread postby spudman » December 17th, 2012, 10:36 pm

We're happy he's alright....he is going to be alright...right? Right? (no, we're not worried, okay, we are just a bit)

And we're sorry about our part in this. Hope he can forgive us.

Wear that emotion on our sleeves because that's who Naruto is.
spudman

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 18th, 2012, 12:05 am

Try to be calm, but fail and apologize that whatever we did hurt Shino.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby gman391 » May 8th, 2013, 7:02 pm

It LIVES IT LIVES! :brains___!:
Anyways sorry about taking so long; back to the story

Chosen: Happy

In the end, no matter how I feel about messing him up in the first place or causing him all this trouble, Shino is still my friend, and I’m glad to see him again. It’s time to let him know that.

“Shino,” I say.

“Yes?” he answers, not looking at me.

“I’m glad you’re going to be okay. I’m sorry I caused you all this trouble in the first place.”

Just barely I catch the hint of his eyes behind the glasses before he starts staring at the ceiling
“It is not your fault. If I had been more cautious, if I had been more intelligent...”

No, I’m not doing this. I’m not letting Shino blame himself for this mess.

“Shino, stop it. It’s not your fault. I don’t know what’s wrong with my chakra, and if I don’t know, then you can’t be expected to either. So stop blaming yourself, man. ...I want my friend back. I missed you.”

Shino stops looking at the ceiling and focus on me. A soft half smile I can just barely see behind his collar forms.
“Thank you, Naruto. ...I missed you, too.”

The silence stretches between us. I rub the back of my neck. I...it’s been awhile since we’ve been close. Even with the letters it doesn’t feel right. Part of me just feels like I decided to sleep on my hand and then poke it. But I know I have to do something....

In the end I’m not a complicated guy, and if I want Shino as my friend then I’m going to have to act like it. So I talk to him

“So Shino what did you think of....”

I just started talking about all sorts of things; good things, bad things, how I’d been living since we started drifting, what he had been up to, why, what he had learned. We just talked...for the first time in a long time. Apparently Shino likes pirates- weird, but I’m glad to know it. I’m glad to be his friend again.

“So there I am hanging from the roof, praying that the teacher won’t notice my fingers when he steps on the rake I planted...I mean really stepped on it, smacked him in the nose.”

“Then what happened?”

“Then he said ‘WHO THE HELL PUTS A RAKE ON A ROOF?’ and by this point I’m just hoping not to get caught. He looks around, throws the rake down to the ground past me and then goes to go back inside not seeing me.”

“Of course, they did figure out it was me who had stink bombed the girls bathroom, but that was more because I wrote ‘Naruto was here’ on the ceiling.”

“So that’s why they closed the school.”

“Yeah.”

We lapse back into comfortable silence. We don’t need to say anything because we get each other. We’re friends, friends to the end.

I check the clock. Shit, it’s late. Shino follows my eyes and looks unhappy.
“I’m sorry Naruto, but I need to rest...see you soon, though,” Shino says quietly.

I nod. It’s like 3 in the morning, and Shino looks like he does need it.
“Yeah, get better man”

Reluctantly I stand up. I prepare to leave but decide to do something first. Walking over to Shino I hold my fist out. He bumps it with his own. We’re bro’s and that’s what matters.

“Later.”

Walking out of the Aburame compound Shibi stands in front of me

“Naruto...as thanks for helping my son....take this,” He gives me a scroll.

Taking the scroll, I look at him.
“What’s this?”

“A supplemental D-rank ninjutsu. It’s useful for restraining animals and civilians.”
I think that’s the most he’s ever said at once to me.

New Ninjutsu, though?
Man, I wish Shibi was my dad. I’d have all the ninjutsu, then, and I would be 8 kinds of awesome not just 7 like I am now. Still, I didn’t do this for jutsu.

“Thanks...I didn’t do it for a reward or anything, though...”

‘I know.”
Shibi just stares at me. I decide to excuse myself.

“....Good night,” I say, slipping out the door.

Konoha is oddly quiet at 3 in the morning. I guess it makes sense; the only people normally up at this time of night are ninjas and most ninja seem into the whole stealth thing. Still, it’s kind of eerie to see it so quiet. That the Hokage Monument looks like it’s about to transform into a stone monster and kill us all doesn’t help. Stupid moon.

Ignoring that, I make it home about half an hour later to see Sasuke still up...wait, what?

“Naruto?” He seems surprised.
I’m surprised, too.

“Sasuke?” I ask.

He recovers first, looking me over.
“...What are you doing up...and what happened to your arm?”

Oh, right, the arm, Easy explanation.
“Tiger. What about you?” I ask.

Doesn’t seem satisfied by the Tiger explanation, but Sasuke still says,
“Just reading something.”

No, he’s definitely hiding something, but how to convinces him to blurt it out? Do I go all sneaky with fake happy (Well, not that fake, I’m pretty stoked right now) understanding shenanigans? Beat it out of him? Or patience?
Spoiler: show
Happy, Aggressive, Calm, Understanding, pick one
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 8th, 2013, 7:21 pm

Tickle him. Tickle him mercilessly.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 8th, 2013, 10:05 pm

Calm, it'll spook Sasuke into opening up. Aggression will have him turtling up, while acting happy will simply annoy him, and he'll probably mistake understanding for pity.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JAGwin » May 9th, 2013, 1:31 am

I agree with Tempest.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Ristridin » May 9th, 2013, 6:21 am

Thirding Tempest.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Magnificate » May 9th, 2013, 9:54 am

Indeed.
Magnificate

Unread postby someone » May 9th, 2013, 11:04 am

Agree with Tempest. We'll bewilder him with calmness.
someone

Unread postby spudman » May 9th, 2013, 5:30 pm

Calmly...

"I didn't know the library was open this late (early?). Anything good?"
spudman

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » May 15th, 2013, 1:59 pm

With Tempest.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby gman391 » June 3rd, 2013, 12:36 am

Mood Chosen: Calm

In the end I decide to be patient for now. If Sasuke wants to talk, he’ll talk, right?
“Anything good?” I ask casually.

Sasuke shrugs.
“Nothing you’d like.”

He rubs the back of his head briefly before saying.
“Listen, Naruto, it’s been a long night for both of us. I’m going to get some sleep. You should, too.”

He walks into his room and closes the door. Dayum, he just shut me out. Still, gotta be patient, all that. He’ll come around, won’t he?

Yeah, he will, and it’s not like he has a bad idea either. But first I want to check out this scroll. Taking it out, I sit at the table reading it.

“Temporary Paralysis Technique.”
Hmm, interesting: it was an E rank jutsu. Guess Shibi didn’t want my inherent Awesome to be too obvious. Still, it effectively meant that if I could learn and use it right, I could pin down most non ninja and animals for a few seconds and that might as well be an eternity. At least for Ninja.

Closing the scroll and deciding to leave it there, I get up to get some water. When I come back the dang thing curled up on me, stupid scroll.

I reread it a couple more times and turn in. All in all this was a pretty good day.

28 Days Later....Wait 29 Complete
Rewards:
Shino Relationship: Friendship
Ninjutsu Feat: Temporary Paralysis
Current Status

Relationships:
Hinata relationship: Deep Friendship
Sarutobi relationship: Friendship
Sasuke relationship: Friendship
Teuchi relationship: Friendship
Shino relationship: Friendship
Kurenai relationship: Acquaintance
Shino relationship: Acquaintance
Kiba relationship: Acquaintance
Yugao relationship: Acquaintance
Iruka relationship:Neutral
Goku relationship: Annoyance

Feats:

Monkey Taijutsu I
Bojutsu I
Sougjutsu I
Ninjutsu: Temporary Paralysis
Pick one of the Following Quests.
The Disappearance of a Hyuuga Princess:
-Hinata has for some reason stopped showing up to training. To find out what’s going on you’re going to have sneak into the Hyuuga Compound. Reward: Chakra Control Feat

Hidden Quest: Eye for an Eye:
-Neji remains a jerk, can Naruto convince him to not be a jerk or at least ease up on Hinata?
Reward: ???

Hidden Quest: Monkey Business:
-Goku has mentioned something about you possibly, maybe, sort of being ready to receive a special reward. You just have to help him with a few things...
Reward: ???

Tactical Retreat
-Sasuke’s taken to disappearing into the Uchiha Compound. Can you find out why?
Reward: Ninjutsu Feat
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 3rd, 2013, 12:40 am

Hmm, tough choice, but I think I'm going to vote for seeing what's up with the guy we live with. We do live with him, after all.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 3rd, 2013, 12:41 am

I vote for Disappearance of a Hyuuga Princess.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Joe » June 3rd, 2013, 4:54 am

Disappearance of a Hyuuga Princess.
Joe

Unread postby JAGwin » June 3rd, 2013, 7:05 am

I also vote for Disappearance of a Hyuuga Princess.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby someone » June 3rd, 2013, 11:09 am

I also vote for Disappearance of a Hyuuga Princess.
someone

Unread postby Magnificate » June 3rd, 2013, 2:58 pm

Eye for an Eye

Because there is no fun in it if we already know the reward.
Magnificate

Unread postby JamestheFox » June 3rd, 2013, 5:19 pm

Hmmmm.... I'm a bit torn between...

Eye For an Eye: Even though this quest doesn't directly help Hinata, it may still give us some insight on what is happening with her, and even give us a shot at helping her in a way that simply approaching her/Hiashi wouldn't be able to give.

Tactical Retreat: Because we need to nip this fool's aloofness RIGHT IN THE BUD. RIGHT NOW.

The way I see things, Hinata is already an amazing friend, and awesome all around, and she's starting to realize it, so the worst that could happen from us not interfering at all is probably that we have to wait until later to finish bolstering up her awesomeness. Or her being forbidden to associate with us... which won't stop us from associating with her! We are patient, and know to wait for the perfect opportunity, like a ninja should. If Hiashi wants to keep us from being friends, then we'll be STAR-CROSSED friends, meeting up in secret, using dark alleys, or the cover of a new moon, or... well, other secretive places.

Maybe we should ask Sasuke about a place the two (maybe three, if we introduce Sasuke and Hinata) of us could meet that no one else knows about or would think to look. Hey, maybe there's somewhere like that in the Uchiha Compound...

Alright, so either Tactical Retreat, or Eye For an Eye, whichever has more support.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 3rd, 2013, 9:17 pm

Well, while knowing why Hinata has left is intriguing, it might involve her family, and so far we've determined to put our feet in our mouths in some way. So I'll tentatively vote for Tactical Retreat, unless a couple others are interested in Eye for an Eye.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby spudman » June 3rd, 2013, 9:55 pm

:doh:

'Fer cryin' out loud...

So as of now you and James are wavering between 'Eye' and 'Retreat' depending on what the other prefers, though from your post you seem to lean a bit more toward 'Eye' flux...

I like the Monkey Business quest, but nobody's going for that...

'Tactical Retreat' is still the least favorite for me.
spudman

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 3rd, 2013, 10:05 pm

I'll shift my vote over to "Eye for an Eye", as James has raised a good point about the current situation with Hinata.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby spudman » June 3rd, 2013, 10:27 pm

Hmm...I'm not sure. Trying to decide between 'Disappearance of a Hyuuga Princess' and 'Eye for an Eye' right now. Leaning toward the former, but I need to think about it for a bit.

Though I kind of wish we could just have fun on a Monkey Quest without any heavy stuff being on the line...
spudman

Return to “%s” Quests