Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 21st, 2012, 7:53 pm

Mementos~A Message From the GM
Spoiler: show
Yes, I know, we already have a Kingdom Hearts Quest, but having read the other one, I believe I can give a different experience.

You will be playing as Sora, starting from the Destiny Islands, and progressing the story however you want, deciding Sora's growth as we go. A lot of things will be different from the canon, considering you'll likely throw us off the rails pretty fast, and that we won't just be using Disney Properties.

As for what the subtitles in the title means (aside from Viridian Dreams), we'll get to that soon enough. This first Arc is meant to introduce how we'll be handling missions, combat, and other mechanics.

Also, if you think I'm moving a little fast, and you want to change something Sora does, let me know, I can back up a little.

So, let's just dive in...
This dream again. You've been having it a lot lately... You are floating in some kind of... liquid, it feels like, and an abyss is in all directions except below. You know, from having had this dream before, that as you gaze into the abyss, it is only a matter of time before the darkness comes out of the abyss and tries to destroy you.

There is still time. The Door is still shut. Can you get it?

You feel dizzy.

No? That's alright. Like I said, the Door is still shut.

The darkness is closing in, and panic starts to creep through you.

Whatever it is that's talking to you laughs. Don't worry. For no matter how deep the darkness...

The darkness reaches out, but something pushes it back.

There will always be light.

Sunlight! You bolt upright, clutching something in your hand. The ocean is visible as far as the eye can see. You're home. You relax a little, and lie back down...

Only to have your vision obscured by a smiling face. It's one of your friends, Kairi. She's a redhead with deep blue eyes and a mischievous smile. She's wearing a white tank top and a light purple skirt.

"Hey there, sleepyhead." the redhead smiles. "How was your nap?"

You pout. "Hey, it wasn't a nap! I... I was floating somewhere, and this big, black darkness was trying to swallow me up! You gotta believe me. It was seriously scary!" You shudder.

"What's the matter, Sora, afraid of the dark?" comes a voice. You look to your left and see your best friend, a silver-haired guy wearing a yellow tank-top. He's carrying a log of wood under one of his arms, and his strange-looking wooden sword in his right hand. "Come on, man, that's kiddy stuff."

"No, I'm serious! I've been having this dream for a while. I think it's trying to tell me to do something..." You go into a thinking pose, holding your chin. "Something important."

"Well, it can wait until we've got the raft finished, right?" Riku asks as he walks up to the group. He drops the log on your lap as he passes. It's HEAVY. He stops in front of Kairi. "And you've got no right to talk about how lazy Sora is."

Kairi grins. "So you noticed."

Riku laughs. "Of course. Now, let's stop dilly dallying and get to work, together."

A glint appears in Kairi's eyes. "Yeah... Hey, I'll race you! One lap around the beach, then to the Raft!"

"Are you kidding? We don't have time for games..." Riku muttered, but his eyes tell a different tale. The moment Kairi says go, you and Riku are off.

World 1: Destiny Islands
Arc 1: The Beginning

"Hah, Hah... I won that. Absolutely..." Riku proclaimed between breaths, pointing at you shakily. "Right, Kairi?"

"No way..." You reply, but you're worse off than Riku. "Kairi... Kairi, back me up here. I'm the one who won that."

"I don't know... It looked PRETTY close..." Kairi teased.

"Come on, Kairi." Riku laughed "There's no way he's broken my perfect record for the year."

You glare at him. This year alone, the score between you and him is 0-43, in Riku's favor. Races, spars, eating contests, rock-paper-scissors, card games on rowboats, babysitting, dog walking, blitzball... you've challenged him in everything, and failed every time.

Since you've met, however, you've managed to pull a victory 130 times. Sure, that's not a lot, compared to his 509 victories total, but it's a dent.

Kairi sighs dramatically. "Hmmm... I'd have to say... A tie."

"Aw, MAN!" both you and Riku exclaim. Ties don't count on the score. This was bad, because as of late, you've been tying with Riku more than anything. "Say it ain't so!" Riku begged.

Kairi laughed. "Sorry, guys. Now, maybe we should get to work..."

The three of you talk about the plans for the raft. The missions for the next few days are:

Mission List - Destiny Islands, Late Morning, Day 1
MISSION 1-1 - Good Foundations: Riku thinks we should finish what we started first, before moving onto other projects. Finish the base of the raft. Reward: 10 EXP
MISSION 1-2 - Seaworthy Parts: Collect the parts for the raft's mast and sail: Kairi estimates that we need 4 logs, a large cloth, 20 ft of rope, and some more nails (We're running out). Reward: 15 EXP
MISSION 1-3 - Getting Equipped: My Dad told me that when you go out to sea, you need certain equipment to navigate and survive. We'll need a telescope, a compass, a sea map, and a star chart. Someone's gonna have to go back to the main island to get these. Reward: 10 EXP
MISSION 1-4 - Give a man a Fish...: How will we survive without food? Someone is gonna need to grab us some foodstuffs. We've decided that 3 fish (As big as possible), some fresh water (not from the sea!), 3 mushrooms (the red kind, not the purple, those aren't good for you), 5 coconuts (Riku likes the yellow ones), and some eggs (preferably not fertilized).
Mementos~Mission Tutorial
Completing these missions will unlock further missions. Feel free to assign your party members to different tasks, or do them yourself, or do them with someone else. Everyone who participates in the mission gains the EXP rewards; If you and Kairi do Seaworthy Parts, you both get 15 EXP, or if you and Riku do, say, Good Foundations while Kairi does Getting Equipped, you'll all get 10 EXP. Completing missions at different times or with different characters could result in different scenarios.

Be warned that certain characters might not be able to perform the mission on their own. For example, if Kairi is sent alone on a mission that involves fighting, she will be more likely to fail.

PARTY/ITEMS
Sora
Disposition: Lazy Bum (+2 HP, +1 Max ODP)
LVL 3 (EXP: 63/100)
HP: 7/5+2
ODP: 2/10+1
Attack: 2
Defense: 2+2
Magic: 2
Commands
Quick Blitz: Add 1 to your attack roll.
Limits
Fired Up!: Sora psyches himself up, allowing him to roll 2 dice for any action for the next 3 rolls.
Limit Breaks
Final Effort!: Used at the end of "Fired Up!" Sora puts all his might into a final maneuver. Roll is automatically maximized.
LP: 1/1

Riku
Disposition: Best Buds (+1 Def)
LVL 6 (EXP: 21/100)
HP: 8/8
ODP: 2/7
Attack: 4
Defense: 5+1+2
Magic: 3
Commands
Cover: intercept an attack targeting a friend, and add 2 to your defense roll.
Counter Kick: From a prone position, get up quickly with a flying kick, rolling twice for the attack.
Limits
Strength to Protect: Riku reaffirms his resolve. For the next 4 rolls, Riku's rolls are doubled when protecting someone else.
Limit Breaks
Cover/Counter: Riku blocks an attack and performs a counter as powerful as the attack he took.

Kairi
Disposition: Gentle Heart (+1 HP)
LVL 0 (EXP 3/100)
HP: 6/5+1
ODP: 0/3
Attack: 1
Defense: 1
Magic: 1
Commands
Break Time: Take a quick break. Who knows what will happen!?
Limits
None
Limit Breaks
None

Items:
Sora
Simple Satchel: Your bag, a bit ragged and well-used. It can carry 13 items and 1000 Munny. Currently holding 5 items and 200 Munny.
Potion (4): A nasty tasting drink that restores nicks and scrapes. Restores 1 HP, and adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 200 Munny
Tropicharge: Tropical drink from the Destiny Islands that fills you with energy, restoring your used abilities. Adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 300 Munny
Crown Pendent (Equipped): A crown-shaped pendant, given to you by Kairi as your last birthday present. +2 Defense
Crown Chain (Equipped): A chain with crown shapes attached to each link. Your father fished it up, cleaned off the rust, and gave it to you. +???
Wooden Sword (Equipped): A simple weapon, made by you. Time to go play Hero! +1 Attack

Kairi
Fancy Bag: Kairi's bag, bought by her mother, the Mayor. Just SCREAMS "In the Munny." It can carry 15 items and 2000 Munny. Currently carrying 9 items and 600 Munny.
Seashell Bunch (3): A bunch of seashells. They come in many colors. Base Price: 10 Munny
String (3): A delicate, but strong string. Base Price: 40 Munny
Little Symbols: A yellow crown, a purple heart, and a brown octagon, all with a smiley face. Good for arts and crafts. Base Price: 80 Munny
Delicate Hi-Potion (2): As powerful as a Hi-Potion, as gentle to your stomach as a normal potion. It even tastes better! Restores 4 HP, and adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 900 Munny

Riku
Pragmatic Pouch: A simple, sturdy pouch for Riku's things. Good for surviving in the wilderness, but useless for carrying currency in stores. It can carry 20 Items and 200 Munny. Currently carrying 12 Items and 200 Munny.
Potion (10): A nasty tasting drink that restores nicks and scrapes. Restores 1 HP, and adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 200 Munny.
Tropicharge (2): Tropical drink from the Destiny Islands that fills you with energy, restoring your used abilities. Adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 300 Munny
Tough Strap (Equipped): A strap worn around the waist. You feel a little more well guarded when wearing it. Boosts your Defense by 1.
Wooden ???Blade: Riku made this sword himself, in a weird shape. It is curved at the tip, and has a circular guard around the hilt. Riku's name is written on one side of the blade. "To Protect Others" is written on the other side. Perfect for playing Hero. +1 Defense
Mementos~Party Data Tutorial
The data on the party screen shows your party and their stats. Unlike the KH series, you can have more than 3 characters in your party. The data itself is as follows:

Name: The name of the character.
Disposition: A title describing your character. As you interact with the character and learn new facets of their personality, you will gain new Disposition, and be able to switch between them outside of battle. Each Disposition changes the character's stats. The Italicized Disposition is the active one.
LVL: How high your level is. You gain EXP for every successful roll, based on how good the roll was. You also gain EXP for completing Story Arcs. When you hit 100 EXP, you level up. When Sora levels up, you can apply a point to his HP, MP, Attack, Defense, or Magic. Everyone else's stats level according to the GM's decisions. Be careful, this is permanent.
HP: How much damage you can take before losing consciousness (or dying, in extreme cases). If Sora is KOed, you switch control to someone else. If Sora is killed or otherwise permanently dealt with, we get game over. You lose 1 HP for every hit you take.
MP: How many spells you can cast until you're out of magic. Sora, Riku and Kairi can't cast spells right now, so for now, it's not relevant.
ODP: In order to restore health, you may end up using Potions or other healing items to restore HP or MP. Many instant healing items have chemicals that, in small doses, don't have many side effects. However, at a certain point, these chemicals build up and start having side effects. Every time you use a healing Item, you gain ODP. At half your maximum ODP, you start feeling sick, and you take a -2 penalty to all your rolls. If you fill up your ODP, you've overdosed, and will start taking HP Damage. Exceeding your Max ODP is possible, but not recommended without a REALLY good doctor on hand. A character's Max ODP depends on that character's size, constitution, and tolerance for the ingredients in Potions. Sora and Riku use Potions to heal up after training, so they have a higher Max ODP than Kairi. As time passes, your ODP will go back down to zero.
Attack, Defense, and Magic: When fighting, two dice are rolled: one for the attacker's Attack or Magic, and one for the target's Defense. This is combined with your stats and any bonuses a command gives you. If your attack/magic is higher, you land a blow upon the foe. If your attack/magic is 4 points higher than the target's defense, you land two blows. 8 points higher, 3 blows, etc. Every blow deals 1 HP.
Commands: The special commands your character has. These can increase your Attack or Magic stats, or even increase the number of blows you land when you hit. For example, the command "Boomerang" will give one extra blow, no matter what the rolls are. You can use each command once per battle (unless you use an item like Adrenalime), except for Magic commands; as long as you have enough MP, you can cast magic as much as you like.
Limits, Limit Breaks, and LP: When things get rough, a character can push themselves to their Limit, gaining bonuses. Some Limits will increase your stats or rolls, or some will give you new commands for the duration of the Limit. It all finishes in the Limit Break, the final attack of the Limit. You can combine your normal commands, Limit-only Commands, and even your Limit Break to get large, unstoppable attacks. You can only use Limits if you have LP. You can't gain LP via Level Up. Instead you'll obtain a higher Max LP as rewards for finishing missions and story arcs.

When this is all said and done, however, feel free to suggest whatever actions you want, both on and off the battlefield, and the GM will worry about the stats and rolls needed.
OOG: So, time for you to select your first missions, remember that you can have Riku and Kairi pick up the slack. Let me know if there's something I can improve.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Re: Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 21st, 2012, 9:40 pm

Depends, does each mission require all three, or can some be delegated out to individuals. Kairi, with her current limitations, could be used for solo fetch work as needed. Also, I have a feeling that she would quickly become the diplomat of the group, largely because Sora and Rikku, despite their friendship, are likely to butt heads. Hmm, what about the reasons. While the original story had it because all of them are curious about what's out there, what if as another reason was it is sort of a coming of age thing?

I agree that finishing the base first is important. Being Islanders, I take it that the raft's design is not one that we saw in cartoons (those hare hardly seaworthy) but closer to a Polynesian design. What supplies do they have on hand and what would they possibly need to gather before they finish it?

I would have both Sora and Rikku work on the base while Kairi do the Getting Equipped.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 21st, 2012, 10:45 pm

oog: Yes, you can delegate. Careful delegation, in fact, can get all FOUR of the first missions done by the end of Day 1's Dusk or sooner.

Days are separated into parts:
Dawn
Morning (Where We Are Now)
Midday
Dusk
Dead of night (You'll probably be sleeping at this time...)

On the surface, yes, they're all curious. In-Character knowledge shows that Kairi is interested in at least seeing her homeworld. You don't know if Riku has a deeper motivation to traveling to the outside world. You for one just want to stay with your friends, and are otherwise still trying to figure out WHY you wanna go out there... It's been you and Riku against the world (and the other kids) since you were 4, and something about Kairi just makes her seem irreplaceable.

As for the Raft itself... Well... congrats, you've sussed out what some of the Missions you unlock after these do for the Raft. Right now, the raft is basically just a platform of logs and driftwood held together by rope, nails, and prayers. Completing the missions we've got now will make it possible to go sailing, but not advisable. Completing the other missions unlocks further upgrades as the kids each start thinking about what's wrong with their little vessel. Weapons, storage, housing, all of that hasn't crossed their minds yet.

You've got a small package of nails, some rope, and a few logs, just enough to finish the base. After that, they need a sail, which the mission Seaworthy Parts will get them. Technically, You only really NEED to complete Seaworthy Parts and Good Foundations to get a working raft, by the kid's estimations.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 22nd, 2012, 3:51 am

(Off Topic) Well, considering that they're islanders (Kairi lived most of her life there so she counts) and that they are called Destiny Islands, it would make sense that they know that the raft is not seaworthy in the sense that it will get them killed in the open sea. However, getting from one island to another nearby island would be theoretically possible. For a day trip in an environment they are familiar with, it would be adequate (/Off Topic)

Anyway, I say send Kairi to get the supplies, with Rikku and Sora pooling any needed funds for her while they concentrate on getting the raft's base together for right now. We should take advantage of giving Kairi a maximized experience chance right now. She's not a front line combat type (though magic can be another matter). Yes, I know how the original story goes, I've beaten the game, but I wonder if there will be a chance for Sora to change some parts of the fates both he and his friends have...
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby NotreallyHere » September 22nd, 2012, 10:51 am

Mission Assignments (Morning)

Kari
MISSION 1-2 - Seaworthy Parts: Collect the parts for the raft's mast and sail: Kari estimates that we need 4 logs, a large cloth, 20 ft of rope, and some more nails (We're running out). Reward: 15 EXP

Riku
MISSION 1-1 - Good Foundations: Riku thinks we should finish what we started first, before moving onto other projects. Finish the base of the raft. Reward: 10 EXP

Sora
MISSION 1-3 - Getting Equipped: My Dad told me that when you go out to sea, you need certain equipment to navigate and survive. We'll need a telescope, a compass, a sea map, and a star chart. Someone's gonna have to go back to the main island to get these. Reward: 10 EXP

Mission Assignments (Midday)

Kari, Riku & Sora
MISSION 1-4 - Give a man a Fish...: How will we survive without food? Someone is gonna need to grab us some foodstuffs. We've decided that 3 fish (As big as possible), some fresh water (not from the sea!), 3 mushrooms (the red kind, not the purple, those aren't good for you), 5 coconuts (Riku likes the yellow ones), and some eggs (preferably not fertilized). Unknown EXP Reward
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

Little brother - “who is organization XIII”
Me – “meh, bunch a nobodies”
NotreallyHere

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 22nd, 2012, 12:01 pm

oog:

Yes, it IS possible to change how things goes for your buddies, and yourself. It may be hard, but it's possible... for better or worse. Not to alarm you, but your choices right now can be important for that.

Oh, speaking, I finished writing up the data for these four missions, and am writing the followups now, so I know for sure what will generally happen on each mission for each character (unless you get really creative). There's at least one mission that Kairi/Riku can't complete on their own, and at least one that can be difficult for Sora on his own. There are also some really good bonuses for certain combinations for character and mission.

Also, by Midday, if you've completed any of these missions (or in one case, if you don't), they'll unlock additional missions.

We currently don't have consensus, so I'm going to check back in this afternoon.

[EDIT] Hmm, nothing further to say, then? Alright. I'm gonna flip three coins real quick: 2 out of 3 wins.

Heads: we go with jgkitarel's suggestion: Kairi on "Getting Equipped" while Sora and Riku do "Good Foundations."

Tails: we go with NotReallyHere's suggestion: Sora on "Getting Equipped," Riku on "Good Foundations," and Kairi on "Seaworthy Parts."

Coin 1: Tails
Coin 2: Heads
Coin 3: Heads

Jgkitarel's assignments it is, unless we get objections.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 23rd, 2012, 9:40 am

MISSION 1-1: Good Foundations-Childhood Hero Route

"Don't slack off while I'm gone!" Kairi calls out as she runs off to get her boat and head back to the Main Island, with the task of gathering equipment needed to navigate the deep blue sea. She stops, turns, and points at you, a teasing smile on her face. "Especially you, Sora!"

Riku laughs. "Don't worry, I'll take care of him!"

Her smile widens. "You always do." She then turns and continues on her way, disappearing behind some rocks.

Riku's smile turns into a smirk. He picks up a hammer, tosses it into the air, and catches it. "Alright Sora, I've got most of the planks in place," He gestures to the raft, indicating a few planks loosely held together with rope, "and tied them down, but we're gonna need more than rope to hold these together." He hands you a hammer and a handful of nails. "I've marked the spots you need to hammer nails into. After that, we'll tie those," A few feet from the raft is a small pile of logs and driftwood Riku deemed salvageable for use as part of the raft. "Onto the raft and repeat the process. We should be able to finish it today." He seems more enthused than usual. "We're so close..."

Aside from Kairi (who has her limits), the group doesn't have a lot of money to buy all the parts they need, so in order to keep work moving on the raft, the team sometimes salvages stuff that's washed up on the shore. It's taken them the better part of a year full of splinters, saving, and sweat to get as far as they have. As is, the raft looks like it'll at least float, and Riku seems confident that when it's done it'll be the finest raft that ever sailed the seas, and that's good enough for you. After all, Riku's usually right about these things. Always has been.

Still, when you look at some of the salvaged wood and sees signs of it having once been part of an actual boat, you have your doubts.

As you start getting to work, you start to get bored of the silence between you and Riku, and decide to start up a conversation.

Anything you'd like to talk about?

PARTY/ITEMS
Sora
Commands
Limits
Fired Up!: Sora psyches himself up, allowing him to roll 2 dice for any action for the next 3 rolls.
Limit Breaks
Final Effort!: Used at the end of "Fired Up!" Sora puts all his might into a final maneuver. Roll is automatically maximized.

Riku
Commands
Counter Kick: From a prone position, get up quickly with a flying kick, rolling twice for the attack.
Limits
Strength to Protect: Riku reaffirms his resolve. For the next 4 rolls, Riku's rolls are doubled when protecting someone else.
Limit Breaks
Cover/Counter: Riku blocks an attack and performs a counter as powerful as the attack he took.

Items:
Sora
Simple Satchel: Your bag, a bit ragged and well-used. It can carry 13 items and 1000 Munny. Currently holding 5 items and 200 Munny.
Potion (4): A nasty tasting drink that restores nicks and scrapes. Restores 1 HP, and adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 200 Munny
Tropicharge: Tropical drink from the Destiny Islands that fills you with energy, restoring your used abilities. Adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 300 Munny
Crown Pendent (Equipped): A crown-shaped pendant, given to you by Kairi as your last birthday present. +2 Defense
Crown Chain (Equipped): A chain with crown shapes attached to each link. Your father fished it up, cleaned off the rust, and gave it to you. +???
Wooden Sword (Equipped): A simple weapon, made by you. Time to go play Hero! +1 Attack

Riku
Pragmatic Pouch: A simple, sturdy pouch for Riku's things. Good for surviving in the wilderness, but useless for carrying currency in stores. It can carry 20 Items and 200 Munny. Currently carrying 12 Items and 200 Munny.
Potion (10): A nasty tasting drink that restores nicks and scrapes. Restores 1 HP, and adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 200 Munny.
Tropicharge (2): Tropical drink from the Destiny Islands that fills you with energy, restoring your used abilities. Adds 1 ODP. Be careful not to exceed your limit! Base Price: 300 Munny
Tough Strap (Equipped): A strap worn around the waist. You feel a little more well guarded when wearing it. Boosts your Defense by 1.
Wooden ???Blade: Riku made this sword himself, in a weird shape. It is curved at the tip, and has a circular guard around the hilt. Riku's name is written on one side of the blade. "To Protect Others" is written on the other side. Perfect for playing Hero. +1 Defense
JamestheFox

Unread postby NotreallyHere » September 23rd, 2012, 10:58 am

Let’s talk about how this raft will fall apart in the first big wave. We have access to real boats. We should just modify one of them
You never want to be in a fair fight if an unfair fight is an option." Forrest Griffin - Be Ready When The Sh*t Goes Down (A Survival Guide To The Apocalypse)

NotreallyHere

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 23rd, 2012, 6:39 pm

You glance at the wood you're securing. There's faded blue paint, with a few letters that must have been part of a name on them. You have that horrible feeling again; is it even possible for a hunk of driftwood and logs to survive out there?

"So, um... Riku..." You start, breaking the silence of the cove.

"Yeah?" Riku doesn't even look up from his work.

"Kairi's hometown is out there, somewhere, right?"

"Could be," Riku replied distractedly, too busy aligning a nail to focus on the conversation. He pounds the nail once, and looks at it speculatively. "That's our first goal, after all."

"But how far can a raft like this take us?"

Riku stops what he's doing.

"I mean, really?"

"... It's not finished yet. And if we need to, we'll think of something else." Riku sighs, wiping his brow. "Kairi washed up on our shores outta nowhere, so I figure her hometown can't be THAT far away. We'll make it."

"But, what if we encounter a sea monster?" There's a reason the Guardians were founded so long ago. "We'll be safe up till we pass the Gaurdians' patrol route, but then anything goes and we might not-" While you were panicking, Riku has walked up to you. He puts his hand on your shoulder.

"Don't tell me you're scared, Sora. You're stronger than that." He looks you in the eye. "Trust me. Have I ever steered you wrong?"

"... No..."

It's not just the Raft, or the monsters... You can't put your finger on it yet, but you can't help but have a foreboding feeling about all of this...

Riku turns back to continue his work.

Any further things to talk about?

PARTY/ITEMS
Sora
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Riku
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Items:
Sora

Riku
JamestheFox

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 23rd, 2012, 8:43 pm

Sora should remind Rikku that they've salvaged a lot of their parts from the shore, a good bit of it from the wreckage of ships. Being islanders, they are aware of the dangers of the sea, though no sea monsters have been seen, they all know someone who has either been killed at sea, or lost family. Just have him admit part of it is nerves, since they built this together.

Hmm, how good are each of them at swimming?

jgkitarel

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 24th, 2012, 2:00 am

"Sorry, it's just..." you sigh. "... look at what we're building this out of. Most of these parts used to be part of a much better-made ship than anything we could do, and... They still sunk... Anything can happen out there, a single accident..."

Riku's smile falters. "... That's right... You..."

You shudder, your vision starting to blur. You don't like to think about that time. That's understandable.

No one likes to think about losing family.

You were still so young... The day after the storm...

Your ears perk up at the sound of Dad's voice. He was OKAY! That horrible storm hadn't hurt him. You'll be able to play with him and Uncle! You jump from your spot in the living room and run as fast as your little legs can carry you.

There's two guys, one a big shirtless bear of a man with wild black hair, the other a younger man with blue hair in a very distinctive style, talking to Mom and Dad.

"If he hadn't done what he did..." The big man pauses. "... Well, that storm wouldn't have stopped, for one. He did the islands a great service."

The blue haired man bows respectfully. "Do not weep. Death is the great equalizer, the final destination we all must face. I assure you that your brother is at peace."

Dad has a pained expression, and Mom is on the verge of tears, regardless of what the blue-haired man said.

"Mom? Dad? What's wrong?" You ask, although you get the feeling you don't want the answer...

Your father and your uncle Gatta had been caught in a battle between the Gaurdians and a sea monster that was creating the storm clouds and sending them to the islands. During the fight, waves had knocked Gatta overboard. From there, he had made a daring attack, climbing the creature's tentacles to get to its face, and distracted the beast long enough for his allies to bring it down, even though the creature dragged him down along with it.

You don't remember much of what happened after learning that, but...

"Sora." You are are broken away from your memories. You wipe your eyes.

"I just... I don't want to lose you or Kairi... Not like that..."

Riku is facing you, a determined look on his face. "I won't let anything bad happen. Not to you, or me, or Kairi." He pulls out his wooden sword, showing you the side of the blade, on which is written: To Protect Others. "I swear it. So don't cry."

"But isn't crying what the Crybaby does best?" Riku looks above and past you, and you turn as well. A boy is standing atop a nearby palm tree. He's shirtless, like his dad, and wears black overalls whose leggings don't go down to the same length. He's carrying a sturdy-looking red stick. "Cry, cry. That's all you're good for!" He jumps down from the palm tree. "I don't know why Riku here puts up with you."

"What do you want, Tidus!?" Riku steps past you, sword in hand, gritting his teeth. He puts his left hand in front of you protectively. "You wanna fight?" There's something about Riku that feels... off.

It's almost the same foreboding sense you had in your dream... The darkness.

"Tidus, maybe we should go." You look up as a redhead with the mother of all cowlicks stumbles onto the scene, carrying a blue blitzball. "We can't beat Riku even two on one, and Crybaby or not, Sora only makes the odds worse, ya?"

Tidus pouts. "Tch... Don't worry, Wakka, I'm not here to fight the 'Hero.' Besides, a real Ace doesn't have to have an advantage in numbers to win!" He looks at you pointedly. "Heh, and he doesn't need to hide behind some muscle, either!" He points his stick at you. "Now that I think about it, I could use a decent warm up!"

"How about it, Crybaby? You and me, one on one!"

Sora Recieved the Disposition: Crybaby (+2 Defense, +2 Magic, -1 Attack). Requirement: Tidus calling it like he sees it. Prick.

Riku Recieved the Disposition: “Hero” (+1 Defense, +1 LP) Requirement: Tidus calling it like he sees it. Prick.

PARTY/ITEMS
Sora
Disposition: Lazy Bum (+2 HP, +1 Max ODP) Crybaby (+2 Defense, +2 Magic, -1 Attack)
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Riku
Disposition: Best Buds (+1 Def) “Hero” (+1 Defense, +1 LP)
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Items:
Sora

Riku

oog:
On a completely unrelated note from this quest, you know those times when you feel so thankful there's an internet connection between you and the other players/GM because you have the worst poker face in the world and don't want them to know that they just said something that inspires me to CHANGE! EVERYTHING! :secret_laugh: or suggested a course of action that could screw them over :devil ? Yeah, I love those times.

On topic, you've challenged Riku to Blitzball as one of the many Kakashi vs Gai-esque battles of skill, so they can't be THAT bad at swimming. Kairi's not as athletic as you, and in fact you've never seen her in a bathing suit, let alone swimming...

Not going to be too crazy about it, but I should mention this, jgkitarel: you keep spelling Riku's name as Rikku. Considering that Rikku (FFX/FFX-2) exists in KH, I always do a double take whenever I see that. Plus... well, in this version of the world, Rikku lives on the islands. We will see her in a mission or two before this arc is through...

Yeah, Tidus in this universe reflects Jecht's FFX self. He's a bit of a prick sometimes.

On a final note, before you make your choice, you can now change your Disposition (Or Riku's) to whichever one you think will be helpful.
JamestheFox

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 24th, 2012, 5:41 am

Sora doesn't have any magic at this time, correct? Well, even if his attack is affected by Titus' taunts, I think he could take him, provided he plays it smart. He is used to sparring with Riku, who tends to be much faster than he is, and by now, he can probably hold his own (though winning is a different matter). Let him try, with Riku ready to get involved if things go south,

Hmm, wonder if Kairi will stumble on them during this.

oog:
So, they've never seen Kairi in a swimsuit? Even if she is not athletically inclined, I still think she knows how to swim. As for the thing with Getta, guess you're tying in something from Birth by Sleep when Terra and Ventus showed up for a brief stop. I think it's funny that Titus is calling Sora a crybaby, especially since that's one thing he's not. While we have him a bit more cautious, well, don't press his berserk button :devil

jgkitarel

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 24th, 2012, 11:00 am

oog:

Yeah, Sora doesn't have magic yet.

Gatta's death happens just a month or so before Sora and Riku meet, maybe a year before Terra meets Riku. That loss is basically one of the earliest memories Sora can still remember.

Riku, Tidus, and a few of the island kids who hang out with Tidus all met Sora while he was still trying to get over that, and everyone reacted to it in different ways.

Tidus shunned him, most likely because he didn't like how down Sora was at the time, and took to calling him Crybaby because, well, that's what his Dad did with him. Like father, like son. Anyway, the nickname stuck, even though the cying didn't.

Riku, on the other hand, decided to befriend the sorry little kid, and get him back on his feet. Sora and him have been friends ever since. Though Sora doesn't really notice how deep it goes, Riku has a saving-people-thing. Tidus mocks him for this by sarcastically calling him "Hero." It's also why he gathered Kairi into the fold: she looked lost and lonely, so he decided to befriend her.

There's a reason the Keyblade chose him (before the darkness screwed him over). Strength to Protect the Things that Matter...

So yeah, Riku will beat Tidus' face in if he hurts you too badly.

Sora doesn't know whether Kairi can or can't swim. On a meta level, there's not a lot of places in Radiant Garden to go swimming, it seems, so if she learned, it would have had to be on the islands.

If you guys wanna fight, well, I'll post our first battle post later.

IT. IS. ON.
JamestheFox

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 24th, 2012, 6:34 pm

BOSS 1: Tidus

Riku shifts into a fighting stance, his left arm ahead of him in a come-hither gesture as his sword is held behind and above him, pointing directly at Tidus. "If you want to fight someone, then how about you-"

You step forward, pocketing your hammer. "Sure... I guess we have time before Kairi gets back. I'll take you on!" You walk over to your wooden sword, pulling it from the sand.

Riku looks a little surprised. "Sora, you sure about this?"

"Of course," you smile back at him. "I can take him. You taught me how to fight, after all."

Tidus scoffs, "And I taught him how to fight."

Wakka shakes his head. "And there's a case of the student surpassing the master, ya?"

"Shut up!" Tidus gives a withering glare to his friend as he quickly does some stretches. "I'll win, I'll definitely win!" He settles into a fighting stance, energetically dancing on the tips of his toes as he holds his stick in one hand, parallel with the ground, and cradles the other end of the stick with his other hand. Every so often he loosens his grip on his weapon and spins the stick along its length.

"We'll see about that!" You move into a fighting stance, holding your sword in both hands, your side facing Tidus, and your sword pointing behind you, towards the open sea. Already, your eyes dart about, taking in the battlefield, searching for strategic advantages. You're on a beach, lots of sand everywhere, and just behind Tidus are a bunch of palm trees, all of which are sturdy enough for you to stand on top of, and beyond that is a stone cliffside.

Roll 1
Sora's Attack: 4+2= 6
Sora's Defense: 5+2+2=9

Tidus' Attack: ?+?=8
Tidus' Defense: ?+?=8

You and Tidus gauge each other for all of three seconds before you both charge. Tidus is fast, faster than Riku, and is able to make the opening attack. You lift your sword to block the horizontal slash, and you feel the weight behind the attack. Tidus put a lot of effort into that, but you manage to push him back. You try to catch him, but he uses the momentum of being pushed back to get some distance between him and you.

You can tell, he's more than just talk. Unsurprising, considering that he was raised (and likely taught) by the strongest of the Gaurdians.

Tidus tenses up as he prepares his next attack.

Sora's HP: 7/5+2
Tidus' HP: ?/?

Usable Commands:
Limit Points: 1/1

PARTY/ITEMS
Sora
Disposition: Lazy Bum (+2 HP, +1 Max ODP) Crybaby (+2 Defense, +2 Magic, -1 Attack)
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Items:
Sora
Simple Satchel: Your bag, a bit ragged and well-used. It can carry 13 items and 1000 Munny. Currently holding 6 items and 200 Munny.
Hammer: A simple hammer, used for nailing things to... other things, you guess.

oog:

The fight begins!

During battle, every one of my posts are a "Roll." It starts with me rolling a d6 for each fighter's attacking stat (it's a good idea, before the battle actually starts, to let me know what you want Sora to do as an opening attack) and their defense stat. I then combine that with their base stats and the boosts they get from their Disposition, equipment, and any commands they're using. Until you can get your mitts on Scan, though you won't be seeing anyone's stats except yours and your allies'.

In Sora's case, you can also grant additional boosts by coming up with strategies. Stepping on your foe's foot, suggesting GETTING UP ON THE (whatever you're fighting)'S BACK, using a particular part of the environment, using a command or item in an unexpected way... I'll incorporate it and boost Sora's Attack and Defense accordingly, or even increase the amount of HP Damage a successful Roll deals. Particularly exceptional attacks will give Tech. EXP, akin to how you could get Tech. EXP in KH1 for smart moves.

This is a good thing, because not many of your foes from now on will be weaker than you, in fact most will outclass you statistically, so you'll want to outSMART them.

Right now, Sora only has one command, but that doesn't mean he's limited. Now is the time to make battle plans. Use the environment. Fight dirty. Try to catch Tidus off guard.
JamestheFox

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 25th, 2012, 6:18 am

They're on a beach, right? If so, their footing is not as solid as it could be. Now, if I were Sora, I would also use it as a weapon.

Footing: For all of the fact that Tidus is a better fighter than Sora, he's less may not be used to fighting on sand, and how that can screw with your footing, balance and requires more energy to move in. Sora and Riku, however, would have sparred on the beach often, considering that it is a place they hang out at.

Sand as a weapon: Kick it at him, try to get it in his eyes, use it to force him to keep his distance and come in for an attack. Even if it fails to get into his eyes, it can be a distraction, which Sora can exploit.

Sora can use this to his advantage to wear Tidus out, at least at first.

I would suggest that Sora fight defensively to conserve energy and force Tidus to use more energy just to attack, for the first couple of rounds.

jgkitarel

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 25th, 2012, 12:33 pm

BOSS 1: Tidus

You smile as Tidus stumbles a little as he begins his next charge, sand having evidently gotten into his sandals. There's a reason you and Riku wear shoes to the beach. It's either that or go barefoot. (Debuff-Slow1: -1 to Tidus' Attack/Defense)

Of course, he wouldn't know that, with how he always trains in that tree-house on the other side of the island... You quickly come up with a plan to abuse that weakness. (Context Command-Sand Fling: +1 To Sora's Attack, Blind1 Debuff if hit)

You stand your ground, intent on letting Tidus waste his energy trying to attack you. (+1 To Sora's Defense)

Roll 2
Sora's Attack: 3+2+1=6
Sora's Defense: 4+2+2+1=9

Tidus' Attack: ?+?+?-1=6
Tidus' Defense: ?+?-?-1=4

You brace yourself just before Tidus reaches you, only for him to feint to the right before restarting his attack. However, he stumbles, giving you the chance to set up your guard. You easily catch his horizontal strike by sticking your sword in the sand, bracing it with your hands. From there, you swing your blade vertically, sending sand erupting from the ground. Tidus jumps back in surprise (and pain, you seem to have nicked him with the tip of your sword, but you hear loud swearing as the sand settles. Tidus is on his behind blinking rapidly, trying to get sand out of his eyes. He quickly recovers his footing, but its obvious he's still having trouble with the irritant. (Debuff-Blind1:-1 to Attack.)

"I'll get you for that!" He yells, pointing his stick at open air a few feet to the left of you.

Riku laughs. "Not bad, Sora! Keep this up!"

Tidus' HP: ?/? (You've dealt 1HP's worth of damage to him)(Slow1, Blind1)

Tech. EXP! +3. Sora now has 66 EXP.
Sora
LVL 3 (EXP: 66/100)
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Items:
Sora
Simple Satchel: Your bag, a bit ragged and well-used. It can carry 13 items and 1000 Munny. Currently holding 6 items and 200 Munny.
JamestheFox

Unread postby NotreallyHere » September 25th, 2012, 4:42 pm

Let’s try and maintain our advantage. Rush him with the wooden sword raise up, then slide into his legs. Once he’s on the ground, stomp until he surrenders.
Just a quick question, can you explain the Disposition System. How many can we have at once, when we can change them, that kind of thing?

NotreallyHere

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 25th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Oog:

Dang, that's cold. What if he doesn't surrender?

Mementos~Tutorials~Dispositions
Dispositions are borrowed from the KH3D Dream Eaters' Disposition System, and share the same basic principle: they are methods of changing your specializations.

Dispositions are unlocked upon fulfilling certain requirements. They are usually tied to information about the character who has it, and can grant stat bonuses, (Sora's Lazy Bum Disposition gives him more HP and increases his ODP limit, for example) grant commands, or activates passive abilities.

Once you unlock the Disposition, you can switch to it anytime outside of battle. You can only have one active at a time.
ig:

Boss 1: Tidus

You don't allow Tidus to recover. You know he won't fall for the same trick twice, so you have to put him down and keep him down! (Context Command - Leg Slide: Rush to knock foes off their feet. -5 Defense if it misses, but causes Daze1 if it hits.)

You rush him, sword raised, ready to slide...

Roll 3
Sora's Attack: 3+2=5
Sora's Defense: 6+2+2-?=10 or 5

Tidus' Attack: ?+?-2=4
Tidus' Defense: ?+?+?-1=5

Tidus hears you coming, and just as you slide, Tidus jumps back, just barely dodging your attack, then charges forward, attempting to turn the tides. However, he stumbles, losing his sandals in the process, giving you enough time to roll to the side and to your feet.

"Stupid sand... completely unfair..." Tidus groans, blinking away the worst of the sand attack. (Tidus' Blind1 has faded...) He taps his bare feet against the sand. (Tidus' Slow1 has faded...) "You coward! I'll show you how a real man fights!"

Riku snickers.

"Shut up, 'Hero!' I'm seriously gonna send this crybaby back home to mommy now!" He glares at you. "Well? Got anything to say to that?"

Tidus' HP: ?/? (You've dealt 1HP's worth of damage to him)

Party/Items
Sora
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Items:
Sora
JamestheFox

Unread postby NotreallyHere » September 25th, 2012, 10:27 pm

How good is Sora's Hand-to-Hand skill? I want to know if he would suffer a penalty (other than losing the sword's +1) to his attack roll if he chucked his sword at Tidus.

NotreallyHere

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 26th, 2012, 12:39 am

Oog: Okay, I'm gonna admit something real quick.

I completely forgot that the Wooden Sword gave Sora a +1 to Attack. His Base attack should be 3, not 2. Luckily (or unluckily) the only round that point changes... was the last round. Retcon time!

Boss 1: Tidus

You don't allow Tidus to recover. You know he won't fall for the same trick twice, so you have to put him down and keep him down! (Context Command - Leg Slide: Rush to knock foes off their feet. -5 Defense if it misses, but causes Daze1 if it hits.)

You rush him, sword raised, ready to slide...

Roll 3
Sora's Defense: 6+2+2-?=10 or 5

Tidus' Attack: ?+?-2=4
Tidus' Defense: ?+?+?-1=5

Tidus hears you coming, just as it's too late to do anything about it. You slam into Tidus' shins, knocking him off his feet and face down onto you. You overpower him, rolling to put you on top, and punch him in the head before he is able to throw you off. You manage to stumble to your feet, but Tidus is having trouble getting up. (Daze1: Skip the victim's next Roll, rely on the foe's base stats.)

"Why you... cowardly... when I get up, I'm gonna beat you into the ground!

Riku snickers.

"Shut up, 'Hero!' What's so funny?! I bet it's you who taught him that!"

Riku nods. "Guilty as charged. You have to know your battlefield before you know your battle. Sora's just a better fighter than you on that end. Just give up."

"Never!" Tidus groans, trying to get up.

Roll 4
Sora's Defense:3+2+2=7

Tidus' Attack: 3
Tidus' Defense: 2

You stomp on Tidus, hard. you hear him gasp under your foot.

You could stomp on him again and again, until he just gives up... or until you break his bones. It'd be easy. Too easy. He's completely at your mercy... He deserves it... He's always been a jerk. No one would miss him...

Being in control like this... It's such a strange sensation. You're not sure if you like it or not...

"How... how about now?" Riku asks. There's a strange look on his face.

Tidus glares at you impotently. "Kicking a guy while he's down... You're completely spineless! I'll... I'll show you how a real man fights!" He struggles against your foot.

Tidus' HP: ?/? (You've dealt 3HP's worth of damage to him)

Party/Items
Sora
Attack: 2+1
Commands
Limits
Limit Breaks

Items:
Sora

oog: Goood, Goooooooood.... Strike him down with all of your hate!
Last edited by JamestheFox on September 26th, 2012, 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby NotreallyHere » September 26th, 2012, 9:14 am

“Last Chance to give up or I will knock you out.” If he submits to us then it’s all good. If not, well, kick him in the head. Cowardice is just another name for pragmatism.

On a Meta note, you update kinda quick, which is great, but it makes it hard for multiple people to reply.

NotreallyHere

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 26th, 2012, 11:42 am

oog:

Yeah, I've been noticing that. At the same time, the only people who have chimed in are you and jgkitarel, so there's not a lot of discussion going, either way... If we could get more people/discussion going, I wouldn't be feeling the need to push on to the next big event. This is admittedly the tutorial world, both in canon and on this quest, and while there are important choices you can make here that could have far-reaching consequences, it's mostly here so I can get the readers used to the different mechanics in play. Things start to become more interesting once we leave the islands... which I hope will mean more people will become interested. My hope is that we can get enough people talking and discussing the next action to take that I can update... every 3 days, at least.

So yeah, SPREAD THE WORD! A new KH quest is running on Viridian Dreams! It's exciting! It's amazing! It's... Um... consistently updating, I guess?

At any rate, I won't be posting the next update today. I'm gonna try slowing down just a tad, see how that works out.

On the topic your suggestion, there's a fine line between pragmatic and mercilessly cruel. This is the kind of action I'd reserve for, say, Clayton or Jafar or Cloud, someone who's actually trying to kill you. This is just a crybaby brat who wants to beat you up to cope with his daddy issues. Curbstomping (or sandstomping, I guess) should be saved for the guys who deserve it.

On the other hand, Tuurrrrrnnn to the Darkness, we've got cookies!
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » September 26th, 2012, 2:18 pm

ooc: I have no KH experience, so this might be interesting...

First, a few questions. Does time have any bearing? You said doing combined quests gives experience to all of the participating characters, so would it be prudent (from a meta-game perspective) to have all characters do all quests combined in order to get more experience? Other than the fact it would probably be boring and time-consuming, it seems to give more experience from what I've seen so far (although it does reduce the number of additional quests, if time is any factor at all).

Secondly, you mentioned it would be a bad idea to send Kairi on a quest that involves fighting. Can we know in advance which quests involve fighting by using KH knowledge, or is everything just an educated guess? In other words, should I study KH?

Thirdly, do we control all characters, or is it just Sora? For example, does Kairi simply return with a pass/fail from "Getting Equipped", or do we control the outcome somehow?

ic: "Geez, who's the crybaby now, complaining when you've already lost. Fine, stand up if you want; it won't change the outcome." Move back a bit, giving him some time to get up. Do try to shift positions so the sun is behind us, possibly blinding him (it's still morning, so I'm guessing the sun isn't that high in the sky).

Edit: Does taunting have some effect as well? For example lowering defence but increasing attack?
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby NotreallyHere » September 26th, 2012, 2:30 pm

On the topic your suggestion, there's a fine line between pragmatic and mercilessly cruel.
I may have been a little harsh, but I like to think of myself as the little voice in the back of his head that represents his Sadism overly violent tendencies "survival instincts".It is up to other’s to reign in the worst of my ideas.

NotreallyHere

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 26th, 2012, 5:31 pm

NotReallyHere:So basically you're Vanitas? Hahahaha! Awesome.

Ristridin: Well, we might be spoiling the plot of KH (granted, that thing is so convoluted it might not matter, and I'm going to be throwing curve balls all the time)depending on how you all lead Sora, but you're totally welcome to join in. It won't make too much of a difference, as I'll be explaining the plot points as they come(with extra details if someone's confused, which I will expect to happen a lot. It's that kind of series). Maybe the perspective of someone who hasn't gone through the KH plot will throw things even further off the rails, which is fine by me. So you get an idea of how (canon)Sora acts, think of him as the Naruto of the group, only maybe a little cheerier. Granted, you wouldn't know it from how we've been playing Sora here!

As for Time, I'm not going to tell you it, but you have until a certain point to do as many of the quests as possible. In character, You want to finish this raft before word spreads to your parents that you're gonna try essentially running away on a half-baked raft.

As for Kairi and scouting your missions, it's mostly an educated guess. The Destiny Islands are two: a LARGE island where everyone lives and works, and a small island some of the kids go to play on every now and again, along with a few wild animals, nothing too dangerous. The ocean around the islands is safe for several miles, but once you lose sight of the islands, you run the risk of encountering sea monsters. Riku's pretty sure we can handle THOSE, though.

You only control Sora. You can suggest things to your party if they're around, but if you send someone on a mission, they'll act on their own, and may end up failing, or even doing better than if you had gone and done it yourself.

Taunting at certain points will definitely trigger a Berserk1(+1 Attack, -2 Defense, Magic Unusable) effect. Works better if you know how to press their berserk buttons.

TL;DR: To all those who haven't played the KH Series, welcome, let me know if something confuses you, but be warned as spoilers for canon are ahead.

To all those who have played the KH Series: Don't expect your foreknowledge to help you much.
JamestheFox

Return to “%s” Quests