Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 21st, 2013, 11:43 pm

And I will get behind that plan as well.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 22nd, 2013, 8:20 pm

Macro was set. Riku found a treasure chest in the morning... but it only had 50 Munny.

IG
Day 15
Land of Colored Winds
Time - Afternoon

Goofy's "The White Men" Task cancelled. Goofy is now following Sora and Kairi.

After collecting Goofy, the three of you head into the forest. A few of the warriors raise an eyebrow at you, but let you go.

"Alright..." you start, once you're well out of the village. "Let's see if we can find Pocahontas."

"Hmmm, maybe we should start by looking in the darker woods, while it's still light out," Goofy suggests. "Plus, that'd be the most likely place for the Heartless to hide out, so if she's in there..."

"She might be in trouble."

You nod to Kairi.

Exploration Roll: 7+2/10
Exploration Roll: 9+2/10
Exploration Roll: 6+2/10
3 Areas safely traversed.
1 Treasure Chest Found.

As you cross a river, you notice a small treasure chest sitting just behind a tree. You walk over, and open it up.

"... Why?" You grumble, kicking the empty chest. "Why do you do this to me, treasure chests!?"

"What's wrong, Sora?" Goofy calls out.

"... Nothing. Let's go."

You rejoin the party, and continue.

Eventually, you come to a part of the woods where the canopy is thicker and everything is harder to see. You look around carefully. This place looks like the perfect spot for an ambush...

Exploration Roll: 1/20
Exploration Roll: 1/20

"Gwarsh, sure is getting dark out here..." Goofy mutters.

You're loath to agree... but the forest isn't giving you any help finding your way out of it.

If you could only see the sky, you might be able to find some kind of way out...

THWANG!

You recoil with a groan. There's... an arrow in your arm!? You grit your teeth.

You look behind you. Where...?

Goofy examines the arrow in your arm even as he gets into a defensive position. "Hey, it may be that it's so dark I can't tell the difference, but that looks like one of the arrows the warriors back in the village were using..."

You summon the Keyblade. Where did that come fr-

"Agh!" Another! In your back.

An occasional yelp tells you that you're not the only one being targeted. Goofy has a few arrows stuck in him, too.

They don't seem to be targeting Kairi.

You continue to look about... You think you see something deeper in the forest... But you blink and lose track of it. Is it hiding behind a nearby tree?

Battle Results So Far:
Sora: 5/9
Kairi: 7/7
Goofy: 9/12

Enemy Unknown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music:
KH Imagined Soundtrack - Colors of the Wind (Field Theme)
KH1 - Shrouding Dark Cloud

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 22nd, 2013, 8:24 pm

Discretion may be the better part of valor here. If we could find or see our foe, I'd be willing to fight, but given that we're down 4 HP and Goofy is down 3, I suspect the better idea would be to run the hell away.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 22nd, 2013, 8:36 pm

Cluster up, back to back so we got eyes in each direction, and try to determine if we can tell where they're at, and so we don't get arrows in the back like that. If that doesn't work to identify them, I suggest we use a vision to see if we can pin down a location. Then we decide whether to fight or run.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 22nd, 2013, 8:45 pm

I like Gamebrain's cluster plan, though I think we should see if Pocahontas is safe instead of trying to pin down a location for our enemies. If she is safe, there isn't a need for us to fight and we should retreat back to the village. If she's not, we can figure out more from there.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 22nd, 2013, 9:11 pm

If we're going to stick around (not really convinced that's the greatest idea, but anyways), Pocahontas can't really be our first priority. Yes, her safety is important, as without her, the likelyhood of peace between the two groups is not really likely. However, she's lived in this forest all her life, and apparently journeys out on her own regularly. If she's in trouble, that's a bad thing, but it's only a possibility she's in trouble, while we are definitely in trouble. As callous as it may sound, she knew the risks when she journeyed out on her own. If she's in trouble, well, she's on familiar ground, and can probably evade her attackers way more easily than we can. If she's in trouble and can't get out of it, she's just going to have to wait until we don't have deadly heartless shooting holes in us.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » September 23rd, 2013, 7:12 am

I agree with gamebrain's cluster plan.

Also say this: "Pocahontas!? Is that you!?"

Just a guess, but I think that's who's attacking us.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Ristridin » September 23rd, 2013, 1:32 pm

With gamebrain.

Edit: Yelling something like "We're not Heartless or white men. We're guests of Chief Powhatan, and we mean no harm" might also help, since the arrows seem to be from the village we're in.

oog: Eagle Guard would be a nice shield for Goofy right now...

Did Loot Grab get nerfed? On page 54, it says Loot Grab gives loot on a 10 or higher. On Kairi's sheet, it now says 15 or higher.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 23rd, 2013, 3:20 pm

Yes, it did. However, Loot Grab is still stackable with any other instance of Loot Grab. As it was, I foresaw your pockets overflowing with loot, which I honestly wasn't intending this early on in the game.

Why yes, Eagle Guard would indeed be a nice shield for Goofy about now.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Vael » September 24th, 2013, 2:02 pm

With gamebrain's plan.
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » September 26th, 2013, 2:40 pm

With gamebrain.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 28th, 2013, 12:44 am

IG
Day 15
Land of Colored Winds
Time - Early Nightfall

Round 1:
Spoiler: show
Team Context Command - Trianguard: Three party members get into a defensive triangle. Unless the attack comes from above or is an area of effect technique, all three members gain half their allies' Base Def this round. The three participants cannot melee attack this round.

Sora
Def:10+3+7+2=22

Kairi
Def:6+5+7+2=20

Goofy
Item: Hi Potion (Item Booster)= 4 HP, 2 ODP (Self)
Def:14+5+3+4=26

Enemy (Unknown Name(s) and Number)
Atk 1:?+?=15 (Sora)
Atk 2:?+?=20 (Sora)
Atk 3:?+?=20 (Goofy)
Atk 4:?+?=16 (Goofy)
Atk 5:?+?=17 (Goofy)
"Everyone, form on me!" Goofy calls out. "Backs to each other." You and Kairi nod and fall in around him. "Keep an eye out, fellers."

"I getcha. They can't shoot us in the back like this, without one of us seeing it." You keep a sharp eye out. You see a few arrows fly at Goofy, but you intercept them. Kairi catches an arrow in her staff, which oozes a strange green liquid.

"Uh oh... Poison..." Kairi stares at it.

That tears it. You call forth the vertigo of your visions. You have to figure out where this is coming from... Now.

Vision:
Spoiler: show
You see the battle from outside of your body.

The shooters... Your gaze moves towards them... And you gasp upon seeing the natives, nocking another shot, as they move about the forest, trying different angles. From your vantage point you can tell that there'll be one at 11:00 from you... He takes aim with a green-oozing arrow... No... this... feels... wrong...

And you take a hit, due to blocking 2 arrows aiming for Goofy just as it leaves the darkness of the forest, causing this one to be in your blind spot. You cry out in pain, to Kairi's scream.

Results if this comes to pass:
Sora: 4/9 (Poison2, 2 Turns)
Goofy: 12/12
Battle Results So Far:
Sora: 5/9
Goofy: 12/12

Enemy Unknown

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music:
KH1 - Shrouding Dark Cloud

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Last edited by JamestheFox on September 28th, 2013, 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 28th, 2013, 12:47 am

Drown Sora in Potion.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 28th, 2013, 12:51 am

Potion up, as much as possible. Be ready to move if the shots are the same, but it being the natives in the vision makes me suspicious. They've had plenty of opportunity to kill us before. Point out the direction we think the attacks might come from to Goofy and Kairi.
gamebrain89

Unread postby JAGwin » September 28th, 2013, 1:01 am

oog: Hang on. Shouldn't that second attack have been blocked? We had twenty-two defense, and that attack was only twenty period.

ig: With the above, for now.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 28th, 2013, 1:08 am

Oog: Fixed.
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 28th, 2013, 1:13 am

Well, in that case, let's pop a Heartdrive. Get our HP up to 10, and play with some Magic.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 28th, 2013, 1:13 am

Okay, well then. That changes some things. I instead propose we call up Neku. That'll crack our HP back up to 10, and we can start snatching arrows with our Telekenesis and hurling them back at the shooters.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 28th, 2013, 1:27 am

Agreeing with Rigger and Gamebrain's plan.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 28th, 2013, 1:30 am

I agree with the Heartdrive plan.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby Ristridin » September 28th, 2013, 5:27 am

I agree with Rigger and gamebrain if we need to fight, but I suggest we call out to them first, in case this is just a misunderstanding. We're guests of Chief Powhatan after all. "We're not Heartless or white men. We're guests of Chief Powhatan; please stop firing!"

Also, use the Vision defensively, but move towards the location of the shooter if we can.

Edit: Even if they know we're guests of Powhatan, they might simply wish for us to leave; if we talk to them, they might stop firing and simply tell us to go away. By the way, did we recognize any of the warriors?
Ristridin

Unread postby JAGwin » September 28th, 2013, 9:28 am

With Ristridin.
JAGwin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 28th, 2013, 9:57 pm

I agree with Rigger and gamebrain if we need to fight, but I suggest we call out to them first, in case this is just a misunderstanding. We're guests of Chief Powhatan after all. "We're not Heartless or white men. We're guests of Chief Powhatan; please stop firing!"

Also, use the Vision defensively, but move towards the location of the shooter if we can.

Edit: Even if they know we're guests of Powhatan, they might simply wish for us to leave; if we talk to them, they might stop firing and simply tell us to go away. By the way, did we recognize any of the warriors?

I think we flubbed a vision roll, personally. If the villagers wanted us gone, or dead, there were plenty of opportunities to kill us before this, and it never happened. and the use of poison? Verrrry suspicious.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Ristridin » September 29th, 2013, 4:42 am

I think we flubbed a vision roll, personally. If the villagers wanted us gone, or dead, there were plenty of opportunities to kill us before this, and it never happened. and the use of poison? Verrrry suspicious.
Do you want to risk a diplomatic incident on the mere chance that our vision is wrong? Remember, our visions only failed us once so far (if I remember correctly), and never in combat. Remember that the arrows they use are similar to those from the village. Also notice that they are not targeting Kairi for some reason, which doesn't seem to fit the Heartless either. Also, we haven't seen bow-wielding Heartless so far. And forests may contain plenty of poisonous herbs.

These people could be from a neighbouring village. They could not have recognized us, since we didn't seem to recognize them either. If they think we're White Men, they might attack us for that reason (remember that despite Donald's spell, the villagers weren't sure we're not with the White Men). Maybe it's a test of character (unlikely given the poison, but they might have an antidote). Or maybe they simply disagree with Powhatan about letting us stay in the village, and are only acting now, thinking they won't be found out. There are plenty of ways in which this can be a simple misunderstanding, and responding by trying to kill them would not improve our standing in the village. Not without trying diplomacy and other non-lethal options first. Also, it doesn't hurt to try to call out to them, as long as we're still defending. We lose nothing by trying this.
Ristridin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 29th, 2013, 10:38 am

We lose nothing, except more HP. IF it is natives, its WAY too late to be worrying about a diplomatic incident. Its happened. There is one. We're being shot at, with intent to kill. The use of poison cuts the chances this is a misunderstanding down to nil. Hanging around letting them take free shots at us is stupid. Defend ourselves first. Then worry about it.
gamebrain89

Return to “%s” Quests