Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 14th, 2013, 4:16 pm

OoG: Goofy attempted it, but found the villagers too distrustful of him. So he ended up joining Riku on Village Life.

Dream Diving is a pretty darned advanced technique. And Neku doesn't have that power himself.

IG
Day 15
Land of Colored Winds
Time - Early Morning

This World has been connected.

You shake your head. Something seems off about this guy... And then... There's the matter of your last encounter.

Tied to the darkness.

"You knew what was going to happen to our home. Didn't you? and you didn't do anything about it."

Soon to be completely eclipsed.

The robed thing does not respond.

"I've got no reason to trust you. So no. If you got something to say to me, you can say it here. Other wise, leave me and my friends alone. And stay out of my head."

"... You are most... interesting." The thing's voice reverberates. "A Keyblade Wielder unlike so many others... I look forward to seeing how you progress. Will you find the answers you seek... will they be found in time... and will they even be of use in the end?" A small chuckle. "Regardless, I have already obtained the knowledge I desired from this meeting. Thank you." The creature - every word it says makes you more certain that this thing isn't human - continues into the forest, vanishing as the dark of night is pierced by the morning sun.

Sora's Light has grown. The Disposition, Faint Radiance, has been replaced with Bright Light.

You sigh. That was the last thing you wanted to wake up to.

-------

With Riku and Goofy's help, you later ask the natives about the area the man from before left in, and get the reply that there doesn't seem to be anything special about it. When Chief Powhatan gets wind of your questions, he calls you to his longhouse, asking why you are so interested.

"Well," Goofy replies, "Sora here saw someone from outside this village show up from over there." He frowns. "He wanted Sora to leave the village with him, but Sora didn't trust him."

"I see..." The chief seems to consider something. "... I can't think of anything exceptional in the direction you've been specifying. A few rivers, and the like..." He stands. "So, you told me, yesterday, that you could aid us in dealing with the monsters."

"Yes, sir," Riku replies.

"Then I would ask you to join my warriors, tomorrow morning. Yesterday, there were a number of them coming from the direction of the white-men's home. My daughter was very nearly taken by these monsters, and a few of my soldiers were lost giving her a chance to escape." His eyes narrow. "I have been patient with them, but I simply cannot allow my people-"

"Father, please," A woman walks into the longhouse. "I have been with these people. These monsters have been as much a threat to them as they have to us..."

"... So you have said, Pocahontas. However, all evidence - where the monsters appear, their appearances, and so on - paints a different picture."

"Then let us go together!" Pocahontas begs. "I am certain, if you come to their village, you will see that they are not so different from us! That we can help each other through this! Let us work together, at least now, in our time of need."

"..."

"Donald... maybe we..." you start.

Donald frowns. "... We would be honored to join you. However, we have no desire to become embroiled in the politics between you and these 'white-men,' at least not right now. We are only interested in destroying these monsters before they bring further harm. For now, we intend to gather as much information about their threat and common locations, by any means we can."

"Very well... I am certain my people, and my warriors, will be able to help you in these regards. In the meantime, Pocahontas, you are not to visit the white-men again."

"... Yes, father."

Land of Colored Winds Missions
Spoiler: show
3-1: Village Life - Help the village out with menial tasks, while learning more about the people. You'll be paid for your services, and earn rapport with the villagers, making them more comfortable with you. Repeatable.
3-2: Warrior Life - join the warriors on a patrol, and learn the lay of the land. Earn points towards Exploration Rolls and EXP. Repeatable.
3-3: The White Men - The chief mentioned the so-called white men living in a settlement, presumably near some docks. They're the only suspects you have, regarding the source of the Heartless. Talk with the villagers to learn more about these people from beyond the sea.
3-4: Colors of the Wind - The chief mentioned his daughter, as did Nakoma. Apparently, she sometimes goes to visit the "white-men." Learn more about her.
3-5: Explore - Explore this new world. Maybe you'll find new sights, maybe not. Repeatable.
3-Finale: ??????. Locked.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music:
KH Imagined Soundtrack - Colors of the Wind (Field Theme)
KH1 - Strange Whispers

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet[/quote]
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 14th, 2013, 4:56 pm

Alright, I propose a schedule as such, provided we have no shenanigans occur in the meantime.

AM
Goofy, Riku- Warriors Life, which gets them an idea of the surrounding area.
Sora, Kairi, Donald- Village Life, to get them (and by extension, Us) more familiar with the village, and its people.

PM
Donald, Riku-The White Men

Goofy, Sora, Kairi-Colors of the Wind
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 14th, 2013, 4:57 pm

Throwing support behind Gamebrain's plan.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 14th, 2013, 4:59 pm

The only thing I would change for the PM schedule is to have Goofy do The White Men with Donald and Riku. If too many of us start asking around about Pocahontas, we might attract some suspicion from the Chief.

Other than that, I approve.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » September 14th, 2013, 5:10 pm

With Bezzerker.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby Ristridin » September 14th, 2013, 6:08 pm

oog: Whatever happened to our arc bonus? It's certainly not on the party sheet. Also, faint radiance was 2 Atk vs. Darkness (see page 50), so shouldn't Bright Light have at least +2 as well? Come to think of it, in Round two of the previous fight, we got a +1 for his light affinity (maybe that should have been +2 as well?), so shouldn't that have applied in Round 1 as well (meaning a hit on the first strike, and maybe on the second as well if it was a +2 rather than a +1)? Final question, what equipment slot was the Growth Egg? It's in the ship now, but it might have been worth an equipment slot... would have been 18 bonus exp last fight.

Ig: With Bezzerker. Also, being alone with Kairi might give us a chance to talk about what happened...
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 14th, 2013, 8:27 pm

oog:

Arc Bonus: DOH! Fixed. Equip Wristwear is on the sheet.

Light Boosters: I actually kept having problems incorporating this for a while after I implemented it. What I finally settled on was that it boosts Light-Element Attacks and Magic. However, you are correct. The Light Bonus should have been +2. I had typo issues over on the Sheet. That is fixed now.

Growth Egg: Kairi had it on (Neckwear) while on the Gummi Ship, but put on the Thief Armlet when you got to this world. To help you guys out, I'll retcon it so that the Egg's in Kairi's Bag. So feel free to reequip it however you like.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby Ristridin » September 15th, 2013, 4:50 am

In that case, I'm voting to have Kairi equip the Growth Egg.
Ristridin

Unread postby JAGwin » September 15th, 2013, 7:39 am

Let's also switch Riku back to Shadow of the Avenger. Given that the Shadows here have anywhere from nine to fourteen Defense, I'd say he's gonna need the extra Attack if he runs into one on that patrol.
JAGwin

Unread postby Ristridin » September 15th, 2013, 9:22 am

I was going to argue that Riku will have several warriors with him, meaning he might not need all that attack, but yeah, he does need to hit them at least once... I'll second the switch to Shadow of the Avenger. If the group consists of many or very strong warriors, it might not really be necessary (using combination attacks to hit one or something like that), but it's better to be safe if there's only one Keyblade wielder in the group. We can keep Rikku's Riku for safer missions or missions we do with a larger group.
Ristridin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 15th, 2013, 11:27 am

The patrol is tomorrow though, right now we're still working on getting people to trust us inside the village, so keep Rikku's Riku? up.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 15th, 2013, 11:49 am

Leave Rikku's Riku up for now. We're all gonna be in the village anyway, we can call for a switch if needed.
gamebrain89

Unread postby JAGwin » September 15th, 2013, 11:55 am

Both of our current schedules for today have Riku going on Warrior's Life, which means he'll be going on a on patrol. From the way I see it, it's best not to take chances with this.
JAGwin

Unread postby Ristridin » September 15th, 2013, 12:11 pm

The patrol is tomorrow though, right now we're still working on getting people to trust us inside the village, so keep Rikku's Riku? up.
It is already early morning.

By the way, shouldn't we also include our activities for dusk? I guess it can wait to decide until we get more information, but that part of the day exists as well (provided the first page is still up to date).
Ristridin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 16th, 2013, 11:42 am

It is already early morning.

Of the day we were asked to join them. Therefore that mission isn't until tomorrow.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Ristridin » September 16th, 2013, 2:45 pm

You are right about that. Still, the proposed schedule is for today (right?), and Riku is going to be on Warrior's Life. Which means a chance of encountering Heartless.
Ristridin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 17th, 2013, 10:22 pm

While Riku is in the village or wandering around on patrol during Warrior Life, he should be in Rikku's Riku. Should any Heartless (or other encounter) show up, Riku should switch to Shadow of the Avenger. Of course, Riku is a smart boy, he should be able to intelligently manage his own Dispositions.

I'll second Bezzerker's schedule. While Riku and Goofy are on Warrior Life, they should see if they can pin down the general area the Heartless are coming from.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Ristridin » September 18th, 2013, 11:49 am

While Riku is in the village or wandering around on patrol during Warrior Life, he should be in Rikku's Riku. Should any Heartless (or other encounter) show up, Riku should switch to Shadow of the Avenger. Of course, Riku is a smart boy, he should be able to intelligently manage his own Dispositions.
I was under the impression that WE are the only ones who can change Dispositions. If he can manage them himself, have him on Rikku's Riku all the time, unless he's about to enter a battle, in which case, he should switch to Shadow of the Avenger as Rigger suggests.

That should save us a lot of micromanaging between fights/non-fights.
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 20th, 2013, 11:42 pm

OOG:

I guess I can allow Riku (and the others) to switch Dispositions on his own. I will note he won't be able to auto switch (just as you can't switch) if a battle starts without him getting a chance (surprise attacks, for example). In addition, the Party Member you're setting a Disposition macro for has to be available to you (so if Kairi's suddenly separated from Sora, you can't change her Disposition macro).

Plan chosen:
AM
Goofy, Riku - Warriors Life, which gets them an idea of the surrounding area. Try to find where the Heartless are coming from.
Sora, Kairi, Donald - Village Life, to get them (and by extension, Us) more familiar with the village, and its people.

PM Plan (If uninterrupted)
PM
Goofy, Donald, Riku - The White Men
Sora, Kairi - Colors of the Wind

IG
Day 15
Land of Colored Winds
Time - Late Morning

"We got you the leather, m'am!" You set the pile of leather down next to the villager. She's apparently a tailor, and is helping make a wide variety of armor for the soldiers. Apparently Riku helped her out yesterday. And she is proving appreciative of your aid today.

"Powhatan Supplies" Added to your Shop List!

This is after you've helped collect some corn from the nearby field...

Helped repair a house that had lost part of its roof...

Helped do some basket weaving...

And generally been the village's errand boy. Kairi and Donald were also helping out.

It was some boring work, but in the process, you're starting to understand how these people live. Actually, it's not too different from the life your and your family often lived on Destiny Islands.

You eventually start to get ready for lunch, and one of the villagers gives you a few bowls of stew for you and your friends.

Riku and Goofy trudge in.

"How'd it go?" Donald asks.

"Not too badly," Goofy says. "We did some hunting, some fishing..." Goofy smiles at that. One of the warriors passes by, and pats the soldier on the back, holding an entire basket of fish.

"Wow.... how did you get so many?" You stare. Your dad would have called that a great haul!

"I'll show you guys later, sometime." Goofy smiles. "Ahyuck-hahaha!"

The two share their experiences of the area, and you learn a bit more about the lay of the land. There's a lot of forests, and a river north of here. There's what appears to be an extremely thick patch of woods just past the river... They say that it's dark enough that something could hide there.

The party received +2 to their Exploration Rolls for Land of Colored Winds!

Riku Recieved 9 EXP!
Goofy Recieved 5 EXP!
Sora obtained 13 Munny!
Kairi obtained 23 Munny!
Donald obtained 68 Munny!

After lunch, the five of you split up again, asking around. Donald, Goofy, and Riku agree to ask mainly about these "White Men" that Chief Powhatan is so certain are the cause of this. Meanwhile, you and Kairi follow a hunch of yours.

This Pocahontas girl... she seems to be the sole connection between these two peoples. Maybe she knows more about these monsters than she's letting on...

You ask about, and learn that about this time she's either with the White Men... or exploring in the woods.

"Hmm... maybe we should go find her, talk to her ourselves..." Kairi suggests.

"Maybe... but I wonder, what got her to be so connected to these white guys?" You reply. "The folk here seem to respect her... I wonder if it's the same in this other group?"

"So... what do we do?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music:
KH Imagined Soundtrack - Colors of the Wind (Field Theme)

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
JamestheFox

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 20th, 2013, 11:53 pm

I say we go and try her in the woods. She was forbidden from going to meet them, and her father's going to meet with the White Men tomorrow with her in tow, so I'm thinking she's just going to run around the forest. And searching around the forest, we might find something pointing towards the source of the Heartless. If the White Men are in fact the source of the Heartless, we'll probably find out tomorrow, so this is our chance to see if there's something in the woods instead. If we don't find anything, we'll at least know where not to look.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 21st, 2013, 12:05 am

While I have some reservations, I agree with MrRigger. I think we should grab another party member to go with us, just in case we encounter any enemies on our way.

Goofy would be the best pick in my mind, as he can tank for both Kairi and Sora as well as being fairly strong on his own. Riku should stay at the village so that a Keyblade is present to deal with any Heartless that might show up, and Donald would be somewhat redundant to bring along.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 21st, 2013, 1:00 am

I can agree to that, so long as we make sure we can get back before dark. Goofy's a good choice to grab, since he's been out and a bout a little bit.
gamebrain89

Unread postby JAGwin » September 21st, 2013, 7:30 am

No opinion on bringing Goofy, but I agree with looking in the woods.
JAGwin

Unread postby Ristridin » September 21st, 2013, 10:07 am

I agree with bringing Goofy. If we have to fight, it's best if we aren't forced to protect Kairi at the cost of attacking.

Just to be sure, did you set Riku's Disposition macro to 'Rikku's Riku? if not fighting; switch to Shadow of the Avenger if a fight starts (no surprise attack)', or do we need more votes for that? In the latter case, I vote for the macro above, as first proposed by Rigger.
Ristridin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 21st, 2013, 11:42 pm

I can agree to bringing Goofy along with us.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Quests