Rush Quest (You are no longer a hobo)

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Re: Hobo Quest

Unread postby serbii » February 26th, 2013, 7:13 am

Heh, oh darling, I'm not telling you which powers you believe you possess.
serbii

Unread postby Darkandus » February 26th, 2013, 1:43 pm

"I changed my mind. I want to keep it... and by changed my mind I mean I planned this from the start. Having pets are a good anchor when you're going through tough times."
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Thozmp » February 26th, 2013, 4:39 pm

"I changed my mind. I want to keep it... and by changed my mind I mean I planned this from the start. Having pets are a good anchor when you're going through tough times."
You should also add, "All has proceded according to my will." Just to screw with her.

Still want to kill it thourgh, the first time it pecks us, we're seeing the future.
Thozmp

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » February 27th, 2013, 9:36 am

With dark and Thzomp on this one.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby serbii » February 28th, 2013, 1:24 am

You stare at the chicken. Maybe, maybe you can see it’s guts while they’re still inside! STAAAAAAARE!... nope, not working. Must be because you’re hungry or something. You undo the latch with your free hand and pick out the chicken. It’s a rather docile thing. Nice chicken. George, yes her name is George. George clucks at you. Pet the chicken, yes, nice chicken. But you need to know the future right? Need to know... need... You reach a hand around the hen’s neck, now’s your chance! Do it! A brief vision of entrails spilled on the sheets and!... You can’t do it, you just can’t, it’s a stupid chicken, you wanted to kill a bird right, so why... why can’t you? WHY, WHY, WHY!? Rosenmeanie is looking at you, better say something.

"I changed my mind. I want to keep it...” Why is your voice so shaky? It isn’t really is it? “And by changed my mind I mean I planned this from the start.” Yes, that’s right, that’s... “Having pets are a good anchor when you're going through tough times.” And now you’re... you’re...

Everything comes crashing down. You sob and bury your face in feathers. George clucks reassuringly. Stupid, stupid, stupid, idiot, you know what the future is. Those things will come for you from now on, drawn to you, and you’ll have to kill them because if it isn’t someone like you (monster) they can just reform. Stupid, stupid. Stupid fat jerk teleporter and bird decided to hand you over. Freedom or security, they took away your choice. Those people with the van were the feds idiot. Would you have gone to them anyway? Join willingly or run from conscription? Can’t go back, can’t go back. Mum’s dead, Dad’s dead, you can’t go back to your friends and draw those things towards the suburbs, they won’t let you anyway, would they still be your friends now you’re a freak? Trapped here for the good of all. Eat here, sleep here, school here, leave to fight when you’re needed.

The doctor sits quietly, making notes before finally speaking up.

“I’m going to recommend you are held here for a few more days for observation and recovery. Should you prove stable, physically and mentally, we’ll find you a room in the main accommodations.”
serbii

Unread postby Arganaut » February 28th, 2013, 2:40 pm

Just hug George. I imagine that's about all we can manage at this point in time.
Arganaut

Unread postby doc.exe » February 28th, 2013, 5:58 pm

On the plus side: We have a new place to live, so at least we are no longer a hobo.

Also, I just realized something: If “freaks” like us attract these Mouros things or whatever they are called… then that means the presence of the 3 stooges (rabbit face, big teleporting jerk and that freaking parrot) is what caused the attack on our house and our horrible transformation. They also sold us to the feds to be turned into a government puppet, lobotomized or killed, not necessarily in that order. The death of our family and our current predicament are solely their fault!

So the only reasonable course of action is a vow of revenge: Next time we meet them, we will kill them in the most painful way possible.

Focusing on getting stronger to achieve that goal (and to escape from the feds when the time comes) should be our top priority. For now, let’s just play along, be cooperative, sane, stable… but never losing the focus on that goal. :twisted:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Darkandus » March 1st, 2013, 8:19 pm

There's nothing for it, we'll just have to wait. Wait for the right time, and then we'll run so fast, so far that all of our problems will disappear.
Darkandus

Unread postby SLAMU » March 1st, 2013, 11:39 pm

Because that'll work. (Can we move extra fast?)

Hold George close. Pet George. Ignore Dr. Rosenmeanieface. Bide our time...both she and those ne'er do wells will rue the day they lured that meanie to our home and destroyed our precious family. Then they'll rue the night that they left us tied up on a lamppost. And then they'll rue the time they spent not practicing their ruing sufficiently. There should be much ruing! And then cake. Chocolate cakes, plural. Competing with vanilla cakes (also plural.) And ice cream. And....mmmmm....foooood.....

Consider the merits of teaching George how to cook duck. Also consider the merits of getting a duck and a goose. Consider the merits of asking for a nice cultist outfit so we can write on the walls of whatever cell they toss us into and ask new people "Do you see?" when we first meet them before ignoring every third sentence they utter while whispering to George Secrets Arcane.

If we're allowed time in a common area, sit in a corner in a chair with as dramatic as available lighting playing "duck duck goose" (in a sinister tone) with whoever walks in the room while stroking George.

Insist on our lollipop.
SLAMU

Unread postby livilou » March 3rd, 2013, 9:45 pm

Cry into George's feathers. Hug her so tightly and desperately that she dies. Morosely pluck her feathers off and rip her open to read the entrails.
livilou

Unread postby Random_fan » March 4th, 2013, 2:30 am

I say go with Slamu's suggestion.
Random_fan

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » March 4th, 2013, 9:58 am

SLAMU you are a genius. Let's go with that.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby SLAMU » March 4th, 2013, 11:36 pm

SLAMU you are a genius. Let's go with that.
Base slander, sirrah! How dare you spread such rubbish about me? Hast thou no discretion, no sense of common decency? Do I waltz into thine home and insinuate that thou art erudite and have a delightfully firm grasp of diction? Nay, 'tis not so! Pray thee keep thy venomous words behind thy teeth! To bear such insults is more than a body should endure. Let this be thy last and final warning, oh onion-eyed oaf, let mine ears hear no more of such drivel!
SLAMU

Unread postby serbii » March 8th, 2013, 1:26 am

You nod slowly and hug George a little tighter. She clucks and ruffles a few feathers in response so you smooth them down and softly murmur some nonsense. Yes. You can be good. A nice, well behaved girl. And they’ll put you in the field. You already killed one of those things. Yes, yes, nice and sane. And you can track down the meanies. Make them rue the day they wrong you. It’s their fault, THEIR FAULT. Stupid Rabbit Face and Jerk Teleporter and the Parrot. They had names. Did they have names? You think they did. Anyway, such rueing they will do, for bringing that thing down on you (they did that right?), and tying you to a lamp post and, and... being MEANIES! Like Rosenmeanie, though she gave you George, so she mightn't have to rue quite as much.

“...Can I have a duck and a goose too?”

“We’ll see how you go with the chicken first.”

You nod again. “New clothes?”

“We’ll provide some new clothes.”

Sniffle. “Can I have chocolate cake? And a lollipop?” Have to have a lollipop.” You hit her with the puppy dog eyes.

“I’ll ask them to send up some food now that you’re awake.”

“And ice cream!” you insist. Traumatic times call for ice cream.

“I’ll see what I can do. If there’s anything else...?” She stands to leave and you shake your head, “I’ll be seeing you again.”

You nod. You hope she brings you another bird. You focus on George for a little while. Hungry, they’ll bring food soon right? You unstrap your other wrist, then your feet. Moving still hurts after your horrible, completely unawesome adventure. So you don’t bother getting up. You put George back in her cage but leave it open, then start to experiment. Ok, so you can run really fast. What else? You try moving your arms fast. Yes! Zoom zoom *CRACK*... hmm... that would be your hand hitting the wall. You inspect your hand. It does not look cracked, doesn’t really hurt either. You inspect the wall. A chunk of plaster is missing, there’s a sort of wire mesh beneath it, and beneath that is brick, the mesh is bent and the bricks below cracked. You look between you hand and the wall a few times. Then punch the wall at normal speed. OW! FUCK! WHY DID YOU-!? Your hand hurts like you just punched a brick wall. Owowow bloody hell. Tears in your eyes. The door opens. Quick! Look innocent!

It’s a guy in one of those dreadfully plain, medically looking shirts, that’s about all you notice as more importantly, he has food.

“Food.” You say intelligently.

“Good to see you up,” he replies.

“Food.” You reiterate.

He gives an odd smile, moves George’s cage and places the food on the swivel tray thing. Lasagna, some peas and corn, potatoes, cake (cheesecake, disappointing), ice cream.

“Lollipop” you demand.

He searches around in his pockets and hands you a strawberry chupa chup. He may not need to do much rueing. You stick into your food as he leaves. Give the vegetables to George. You finish and pick George up again. Tired. Achey. Deep breath, deep breath... It’s getting dark. You allow yourself to think again. It takes you 18 seconds to burst into tears.Ohgodohgodohgod you’re a freak, a horrible, cursed freak. You don’t even know half the details of being a freak. Your parents are dead, your home is gone, your life is gone, parents are dead, parents are dead, you keep circling back to that. Crying hurts, can’t breath, can’t stop. George escapes your arms at some point but you don’t notice. Maybe it’s all a nightmare, you’ll just wake up in your own bed and things’ll be okay...You fall asleep eventually, exhausted.

You wake up, still sore in your...everywhere. You groan and look around, only to nearly jump out of the bed when you see someone leaning against the wall in the corner of the room. You kind of recognize her- she was with Capella when you were found on the lamp-post.

“Hey,” she greets you. “Uh, I’m Amy. Amihan...but Amy for short.”
serbii

Unread postby Random_fan » March 8th, 2013, 1:35 am

"So do you make a habit of watching people while they sleep or am I just special?"
Random_fan

Unread postby Darkandus » March 8th, 2013, 1:38 am

"Where's George?"

Find our Chicken. Then socialize.

"Hello Amy, What freakish power do you posses which separates you from ever having a normal life?"
Darkandus

Unread postby Arganaut » March 9th, 2013, 1:53 am

"Get her George!"

When George fails to defend us from this room-invader, socialize normally as per the above suggestions.
Arganaut

Unread postby SLAMU » March 11th, 2013, 12:12 am

Blink. Momentary moment of evaluation. "Duck."

If asked what our power is, it lets us divine the future. If pressed, admit that we need some tools to do it. Ask her if she's got a pet. Badger her about it. Insist George is best pet ever. Assure her that we don't make a habit of naming all the lice havens we meet George, and that she isn't going to die today. (Either we're telling the truth, or she won't be around to complain about that.)

Assure her that she's not going to die today each time we meet her. After the 10th time, become hesitant, less sure in our assurance. Ask her if she has a nice hat. Complain that we don't have a Nice Hat. Enjoy the lollipop. Why are we here? Who are these people? Do you consider yourself a Loyalist or a Reclamationist? No, we don't know what it's supposed to mean, but it feels important. Why don't we have a feather mattress? Are these people inhuman monsters?

Go start looking for a game of pool. Attempt to hustle (badly) if we find anyone there. Specifically deny we were pool sharks before we came here, and that in no way were we affiliated with a notorious motorcycle gang. Allow George to observe (and interfere with) the proceeding game of pool by setting her on the edge of the table and consulting her on each shot.

Who else is here? Why are they here? What were they doing next Tuesday? Why? What's for lunch? When is lunch?
Graciously allow Amy to reside at our side (for now), but insist that she not go on our left side. That's important for an unspecified reason.

If we can't find a pool game going on, start twitching once every three minutes and twenty seven seconds. Don't acknowledge questions about why we're twitching. Start absently scratching back of hands a little, keep looking for one.
SLAMU

Unread postby serbii » March 13th, 2013, 10:52 pm

You look around for George. His clucking calls your attention to the corner of the room where she is strutting about, having already made a bit of a mess of things. Suck it FMRS janitorial staff!

“George! Attack!” You order the chicken. She looks at you with her beady little chicken eyes for a moment before resuming her chicken-strut. Well, that didn’t work "So do you make a habit of watching people while they sleep or am I just special?" You hope to distract Amy from your previous statement. If your attacks are to be successful, she must be utterly blind-sided!

“It is not so much you as your circumstances,” Amy says with a shrug. “I’m sorry if that sounds like an insult. It isn’t intended as such. We found you with a note from Maddie. She is a very dear friend of mine, and I was hoping to ask you about your little run in with her.”
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » March 13th, 2013, 10:56 pm

"Maddie? Oh, you haven't heard?" The saddest face. "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Maddie..." Start crying a little. "Maddie died."
Wittgen

Unread postby SLAMU » March 14th, 2013, 2:53 am

"It was a very unfortunate smelting accident."
SLAMU

Unread postby Arganaut » March 18th, 2013, 11:19 pm

"George just couldn't control himself. I tried to call him off, but he just wouldn't relent!"
Arganaut

Unread postby doc.exe » March 21st, 2013, 1:18 pm

And then, once she is shocked, and crying and grief-stricken by the news, we whack her in the head with a baseball bat... or say “Nah! Just kidding!” with the widest and most trollish grin possible ...or whack her in the head with a baseball bat, whatever thing is most feasible.

:biggrin:
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Darkandus » March 23rd, 2013, 8:45 pm

Which one was Maddie?

WOO NOT BANDWAGONING!
Darkandus

Unread postby serbii » March 26th, 2013, 7:44 am

"Maddie? Oh, you haven't heard?" You pull the saddest face you can "I'm sorry to be the one to tell you this, but Maddie..." you start crying, well, fake crying, then accidentally real crying, damn it, this is easier than it might ordinarily be...(you know it isn’t Maddie, it’s your parent’s who-) SHUT UP BRAIN! "Maddie died. George just...I couldn’t stop her, she was insatiable.”

Amy stares at you flatly. It’s kind of disconcerting. She doesn’t say anything, but just stares, a hint of disappointment in her expression. No fun!

“It was a smelting accident, actually.” You sniffle at her for emphasis.

If anything she just looks even more bored.

“Just kidding! You should have seen the shocked look on your face, it was...” okay, this sucks. This girl is no fun. “Who is Maddie, anyway?”

“Maddie was the girl who left the note, after presumably stopping you from going on a murdering spree.”

“Doesn’t narrow it-”
“Teleporter”

“Jerk teleporter!”

The flat look continues.

Tell her something? Tell her nothing?
If/when she leaves stay in your room or try to explore?
Build blanket fort? Think about what you know?
[Read: ask questions and we’ll answer whatever Iris knows]

-----------
Just a quick note: I'm back at uni getting honours. Free time appears to be curiously related to x-ray optics assignments. So if we're bad with updates yeah, something is due.
serbii

Return to “%s” Quests