Spirit Hunter Quest

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

Spirit Hunter Quest

Unread postby livilou » September 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm

Spirit Hunter Quest

Many spirits roam the world, but only a select few individuals are able to see and interact with them. It is their job to mediate the physical world and the spirit world. In addition to mediation, they must hunt down and destroy malevolent spirits that threaten to harm the balance of the two worlds.

PC Options

Alec Alden

Alec has a wind-type spirit affinity, which makes him well attuned to spirits of the mind. These include human ghosts, spirits based from imagination or thought, and air or wind based elementals. It also gives him advanced perception of events around him

Blanche Blackwood

Blanche is in sync with fire type spirits. This leads to an advantage against spirits of passion and emotion, as well as against demonic beings and fire elementals. Blanche has faster reflexes and enhanced intuition.

Cynthia Cedars

Cynthia has an earth-type spirit affinity. This gives her an advantage with spirits of animal, plant, and stone origin. Cynthia can easily detect lies and deception.

Daria Daniels

Daria is attuned to water, which gives her an advantage with spirits of faith, healing, and change. She has enhanced empathy and diplomacy.
livilou

Re: Spirit Hunter Quest

Unread postby doc.exe » September 20th, 2013, 7:20 pm

Alec Alden, mostly because he has the most alliterative name.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby serbii » September 20th, 2013, 8:18 pm

Cynthia.

Because of reasons.
serbii

Unread postby shadowspiri5 » September 26th, 2013, 2:38 pm

I'm going with doc.
If at first you don't succeed kill it with fire! Because why not?
shadowspiri5

Unread postby Arganaut » September 27th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Daria? Daria.
Arganaut

Unread postby ewuvi » October 4th, 2013, 4:01 pm

I'll vote for Blanche, I like that name and fire stuff seems cool.
ewuvi

Unread postby Ristridin » October 4th, 2013, 4:25 pm

Going with Alec to get this show on the road.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby livilou » October 8th, 2013, 9:57 pm

A thousand streaks of color, light- dreams - dancing through the clear night sky.

You are lying on your back in the snow, staring up at the sky. Wisps flit across your vision, a cross between an aurora and fireworks to your eyes. It’s a quiet night, your cell phone hasn’t rung up an emergency and you can’t detect any corruption in the range of your spirit perception.

The lights disappear, all at once, existence muffled or erased.

There is the crunching noise of footsteps in the snow, approaching you.

What do you do?
livilou

Unread postby doc.exe » October 9th, 2013, 12:40 pm

“Man! I think I have a hangover!..." To the person approaching: "Can you help me get up? I will attend you in a minute …or two.”
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Ristridin » October 9th, 2013, 1:23 pm

With doc. "And where is this place, anyway?"
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Arganaut » October 10th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Sensation is flying at us all and then dissipating at once, we seem to know what things are without knowing what things are and we have no idea where we are. Rather than some clever quip, I think the more reasonable response would be:

"What?"
Arganaut

Unread postby doc.exe » October 11th, 2013, 2:28 pm

Mmmm… I was running with the idea that we were a professional accustomed to this kind of things.

doc.exe

Unread postby livilou » October 15th, 2013, 9:53 pm

Oog: Would you all prefer if I did a sort of info-dump sheet describing Alec's situation, or would you rather play it out by feel?
livilou

Unread postby doc.exe » October 16th, 2013, 6:10 pm

I think that would be useful to not go there completely blind.

doc.exe

Unread postby ewuvi » October 23rd, 2013, 7:52 pm

Yeah, it'd be nice to have a vague idea of what's going on before deciding on a course of action.
ewuvi

Unread postby livilou » November 5th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Alright here goes.

You are 24 years old, and you first discovered the true extent of your abilities when you were 19. It was a pretty rough time for you, and you ended up dropping out of college- it was simply impossible to do both school and deal with all of the problems facing you as a Spirit Hunter. Fortunately, you found a group of others like you. Of course you're spread throughout the world, but there is an internet community and forum that you keep in touch with. There are even regional administrators that help Spirit Hunters like yourself find employment, housing, various other things that make life complicated. The regional administrators also send out text messages and phone calls alerting you to potentially dangerous situations where your presence is required. While ordinarily you can sense what's going on in your vicinity, the messages can help you prioritize your 'missions' and extend the range a Spirit Hunter is able to cover.

As for you, personally? Well, you seem pretty normal to an outside observer. You work at the Town Hall as a custodian. Perhaps not the most fulfilling job, but you're left alone most of the time and get enough sick leave and vacation time to manage Spirit Hunting and a day job.

You rent a small house outside the town along with your roommate; she is (or maybe was) also a Spirit Hunter. You really don't know much about her, except that she's probably younger than you are and has been at it longer. It's hard to tell her age and she's very quiet and rarely around so you've never really gotten around to asking. You've lived together for almost a year now and you barely know anything except her name- Bridget. Lately she's been around even less; you're lucky if you see her twice a week. In the past two months she's stopped doing her Spirit Hunting responsibilities and while her spiritual aura used to be almost stifling, you can't even detect it anymore.

This has, unfortunately, left you with quite a bit more work to do. So is it really any wonder that you've decided to enjoy the one good (well, okay, there are other things that are pretty awesome) thing about your abilities?
livilou

Unread postby doc.exe » November 7th, 2013, 2:27 pm

Watching colorful manifestations of dreams dancing in the sky of a starry night after a good bottle of liquor, I presume?

doc.exe

Unread postby livilou » November 11th, 2013, 12:00 pm

I will let you decide whether or not alcohol was consumed. ; )
livilou

Unread postby doc.exe » November 12th, 2013, 5:25 pm

Well, I go with my previous suggestion then.

doc.exe

Return to “%s” Quests