KH: Visions of Destiny 2

"Anyone else noticed most of the quests are built around Death and Crazy?" Quests are Play By Post Games with collectively controlled protagonists. Join in and have fun!

KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 29th, 2013, 8:17 pm

OoG:

Welcome to Thread 2. For newcomers, Thread 1 is here, and a supermassive list of all the storyline Posts can be found here.

In our last thread, Sora, Riku, and Kairi escaped from their homeworld, Destiny Islands, after it was attacked by terrible monsters called The Heartless, though they lost their precious killer seagull, Celsius! They arrived in Traverse Town and did some work for the townsfolk, Paopu fruit was eaten, Riku befriended a Puella, Sora played a Game with a godlike being, everyone fought in a tourney, Sora obtained useless psychic powers, Kairi was surprisingly awesome at vital moments, Riku and Sora obtained mysterious weapons called "Keyblades," and everything slogged on for about 90 Pages of posts! Donald and Goofy, Court Mage and Captain of the Royal Guard, vassals of Disney Castle, arrived in Traverse Town's darkest hour, and a mysterious "Keyhole" was sealed. At their call, our heroes headed out to visit other worlds, to seal other Keyholes!

Now they are in a world covered in forests and cornfields, where the natives, led by Chief Powhatan, have asked them to defeat the mysterious monsters that haunt their home. However, nefarious forces seem to have betrayed them, and Sora, Kairi, and Goofy now find themselves in a dangerous situation. Having just received a startling vision revealing their assailants as the very people who asked for their help... what will Sora do?

Vision Votes:
Defensive use: Ris
Disregard: Game, Rig, JAG, Bez

IG
Day 15
Land of Colored Winds
Time - Early Nightfall

Round 2:
Spoiler: show
Vision Ignored
Vision Roll: 1
Team Context Command - Trianguard: Three party members get into a defensive triangle. Unless the attack comes from above or is an area of effect technique, all three members gain half their allies' Base Def this round. The three participants cannot melee attack this round.

Sora
Limit: Heartdrive (Neku) (3 Rounds Left)
Mag: 13+2=15
Spell: Live Slow, Die Fast (Targets: 2 Arrows)
Def: 7+3+7+5=22

Kairi
Def:6+7+3+3=19

Goofy
Def:14+3+3+5=25

Enemy (Unknown Name(s) and Number)
Atk 1:?+?=15 (Sora) (Caught by Live Slow, Die Fast)
Atk 2:?+?=17 (Goofy) (Caught by Live Slow, Die Fast)
Atk 3:?+?=17 (Sora)
You frown. No... that doesn't feel right. It doesn't happen often, from what you can tell, but you do know that your visions have lied to you on at least one other occasion.

Why would Powhatan's men attack, anyway? He asked you for your help. You shake your head, and stay on guard. Time to turn this around...

You call to the energy Neku gave to you, and draw it out.

"Sora! Let's do this."

"Right."

You feel your clothes transform, and the headphones that have appeared on your head begin to play music.

Your gaze catches an arrow launched at Goofy, and you exert your will on it, barely managing to stop it before it gets past you, leaving it floating in front of you.

"Hey!" You call out. "We're guests of Chief Powhatan! Please! Stop firing!"

"Sora, look out!" Kairi calls out, and you barely swerve to dodge two arrows... both coming from your 4:00!

You manage to catch one of them with your powers before they fly back into the darkness.

"Sorry, Sora, I wasn't able to stop them." Kairi says.

"It's alright."

"But I think I saw one of the shooters. They're moving around out there..." Kairi shivers. "Whatever they are... I don't think they're human..."

"What I wanna know is why they aren't going after you, Kairi." Goofy says.

Kairi shrugs. "I... I don't know. But we can't just sit here and let them shoot at us!"

So far... no shots from the 11:00.

"Right..." You frown. "We've gotta flush them out... or something."

Round 2:
Team Context Command - Trianguard: Three party members get into a defensive triangle. Unless the attack comes from above or is an area of effect technique, all three members gain half their allies' Base Def this round. The three participants cannot melee attack this round.

Sora
Limit: Heartdrive (Neku) (2 Rounds Left)
Mag: 13+3=16
Spell: Live Slow, Die Fast (Targets: 2 Arrows)
Def: 7+3+7+5=22

Kairi
Mag:15+2=17
Spell:Floodra Pillar
Target: None (Shooting into the darkness)
Luck Roll: 90 (1d100)
Lucky shot!
Def:6+7+3+6=22

Goofy
Def:14+3+3+1=21

Atk 1:?+?=20 (Sora)
Atk 2:?+?=19 (Goofy) (Caught by Live Slow, Die Fast)
Atk 3:?+?=20 (Sora)
Atk 4:?+?=19 (Sora)
Atk 5:?+?=17 (Goofy) (Caught by Live Slow, Die Fast)
Atk 6:?+?=17 (Goofy)
Kairi frowns, and you can see her tense up in the corner of your eye as you block and grab arrows.

"Kairi...?"

"... Now!" Kairi throws a spell into the darkness as an arrow emerges from it. The two pass each other, and Kairi barely manages to stop the arrow from reaching you.

You hear the spell explode into a burst of water, and hear a strange cawing sound, which is then replaced with a choking sound...

"Did I..." Kairi starts.

... And then you see it... the faint glow of a heart. There's darkness obscuring it, trying to surround it again, but as dark as it is out here, it shines like a star.

Battle Results So Far:
Neku!Sora: 12/12
Kairi: 7/7
Goofy: 12/12

Floating Objects:
Arrow 1 (Anti-Gravity, 2 Rounds Left)
Arrow 2 (Anti-Gravity, 2 Rounds Left)
Arrow 3 (Anti-Gravity, 3 Rounds Left)
Arrow 4 (Anti-Gravity, 3 Rounds Left)

Enemy Heartless
Heartless 1 (Incapacitated.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music:
KH1 - Shrouding Dark Cloud
TWEWY - Make or Break (Black Box)

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
Last edited by JamestheFox on April 10th, 2017, 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Re: KH: Visions of Destiny 2

Unread postby JAGwin » September 29th, 2013, 8:24 pm

Grab that Heartless and another arrow with Live Slow (unless the Heartless is a Double Target, in which case, just grab it) while throwing the arrows we've already got into the dark to try and hit one of the other Heartless.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. I missed the part about the Heartless being incapacitated. Instead, just throw the arrows and catch another pair at the same time. If we can't do both at once, just throw the arrows we have, then use groove. Don't break formation though.
JAGwin

Location: My Secret Lab... and even I'M not entirely sure where that is.

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 29th, 2013, 8:28 pm

We've got Heartless, we've got evidence that Heartless are using tactics that resemble Powhatan tactics, and we can't put these guys down very effectively, nor do we know how many there are. I recommend bugging out. Keep at least one of the arrows, preferably more.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » September 29th, 2013, 8:29 pm

Okay, on second thought, with Rigger.
JAGwin

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 29th, 2013, 8:30 pm

Note: Sora'll be on his final turn starting next post. You may want to Groove first, then go on the offensive, if at all.

As for keeping arrows... well, you've already got plenty of them in you already.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 29th, 2013, 9:20 pm

Toss the arrows at where the next shots come from. don't groove. just let the limit trip, the pop the limit again. the days almost over, and we still got two LP. Thats much better then being reduced to 0 defense. after the arrows are gone, start tossing Happy Beam shots at the places shots come from. Lets not run just yet. They're having trouble tagging us while we're in formation. lets keep going a little longer.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Bezzerker » September 29th, 2013, 9:21 pm

Now, we're getting somewhere.

Going off of GameBrain's suggestion, let's let this Heartdrive end. Use the Limit to catch a few more arrows, then send all of them at one area to tag one of our enemies out of the fight. Then, re-enter Heartdrive, this time employing Kairi's plan with Happy Beam, as the Volley-spell will home in if it gets close enough.

Keep an eye on the Heartless that Kairi tagged, firing on it as soon as it reforms to keep it down.

Once the arrows have stopped for at least fifteen minutes, then start making our way back to the village. Since we're in a deep part of the forest with little light, I don't want to have these pests shooting at us as we try to find our way back.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Unread postby JAGwin » September 29th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Switching to gamebrain's plan.
JAGwin

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » September 29th, 2013, 11:04 pm

Agreed, supporting Gamebrain's plan.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Ristridin » September 30th, 2013, 12:16 pm

With gamebrain. I also suggest we move towards the heart, so we can destroy the Heartless the moment it reforms.

Could we possibly light up the darkness somehow? Pearl Drop or something?

oog: Those things are weaker than they seem... Only two hp to take them out (unless the water did extra damage). Guess that means the only problem is locating them.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby MrRigger2 » September 30th, 2013, 12:28 pm

Moving towards the Heart means breaking Trianguard formation, in all likelihood. That's really not something we want to do.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 30th, 2013, 12:57 pm

Yeah, we definitely don't want to break formation. Make sure to tag that sucker the moment it reforms though. We should be able to tell, and it could be a little foggy when it pops back up and needs to reorient. That'd be the perfect opportunity to blast it.

The way these guys are fighting I get the feeling they might decide we aren't worth going after if we take a few of them out for good.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Ristridin » September 30th, 2013, 3:23 pm

Moving towards the Heart means breaking Trianguard formation, in all likelihood. That's really not something we want to do.
Definitely don't break formation, no. I meant to move in that direction as a group. We need to hit it with our Keyblade, right? If that's the case, we need to be closer to it than we are now.
Ristridin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » September 30th, 2013, 3:49 pm

We don't have to get any closer to it, so long as one of our attacks tag it, ranged or not, it counts as being tagged with a keyblade, hence my saying to tag that incapped one as soon as it reforms. If that heart is shining like a star, we should be able to tell as soon as it reforms, so we can blast the sucker.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Ristridin » September 30th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Good, no need at all to break guard formation then.

Given the attack range of 15-20, they can still hit us. Is there anything else we can do to flush them out? I know Kairi has Faith aura, but it seems she's reluctant to use it (possibly with good reason)... Alternatively, can we gain extra defense by taking partial cover near a tree or something like that?
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » October 2nd, 2013, 1:53 pm

OoG: The reason Kairi's not using her Aura Magic is because she's not close enough to any foes to actually HIT them with it.

IG
Day 15
Land of Colored Winds
Time - Early Nightfall

Round 4:

Sora
Limit: Heartdrive (Neku) (Final Round)
Limit Break: Kinetic Warning
Dice Roll: 6
Picked up Fallen Arrow1, Fallen Arrow2, Stick 1, Rock 1, Stick 2, Stick 3
10 Objects Affected by Zero Gravity.
Toss Targets: ???
Luck Roll: 66, 88 (Hit), 29, 71 (Hit), 81 (Hit), 82 (Hit), 44, 47, 97 (Hit)
Def: 7+3+7+3=20

Kairi
Def:6+7+3+1=17

Goofy
Def:14+3+3+2=22

Atk1:?+2+?=21 (Target: Sora, 1 Hit)
Atk2:?+2+?=19 (Target: Sora)

A Heartless is trying to Reconstitute itself.
You feel the last dredges of your power boost coming, and call it all up, lifting a number of nearby objects... And just in time, two arrows come out of the darkness, aiming for you via Kairi. Kairi blocks the first one, but the second gets past her guard just as you return fire in the form of a vast spray of debris.

You grunt in pain as you take the hit, but the results cannot be argued, as you see another heart appear in the darkness. This one floats into the sky... and vanishes. You smirk as you return to normal.

Strangely enough, no other arrows are fired around the same time. What are they planning...?

Round 5:

Sora
Limit: Heartdrive (Neku) (3 Rounds Left)
Mag: 13+1=14
Command: Happy Beam
Target: The reconstituted Heartless
Def: 7+3+7+3=20

Kairi
Mag:15+6=21
Magic: Waterga Drop
Target: The reconstituted Heartless
Def:6+7+3+5=21

Goofy
Def:14+3+3+5=25

No Attacks

A Heartless has reconstituted itself.
You focus, and call up Neku's power again. Again, Neku appears, agives you a fist bump, and you transform. A different song is playing in the headphones.

Just as you finish, you notice the heart from before finally finish turning back into a Heartless... And you shoot at it with a beam. At about the same time, Kairi notices it as well, and throws her own spell at it.

You hear a surprised squawk, and then a lot of gurgling. The heart returns, and this time floats into the air before vanishing.

You look warily about. The longer you go without enemies shooting at you... The more paranoid you get... Was that the last of them?

Battle Results?
Neku!Sora: 11/12
Kairi: 7/7
Goofy: 12/12

Enemy Heartless
Heartless 1 Destroyed
Heartless 2 Destroyed

Sora, Kairi, and Goofy gained 32 EXP.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music:
KH1 - Shrouding Dark Cloud
TWEWY - Make or Break (Black Box)
TWEWY - Deja Vu (Discoteque)

Characters:
KHVD Main Party Sheet
Link Shards
Gummi Ship
KHVD Minor Party Members Sheet
Shop Sheet
JamestheFox

Unread postby JAGwin » October 2nd, 2013, 2:33 pm

Time to leave. Walk away very carefully, without breaking formation, and grab any arrows that come at us with Live Slow and throw 'em back.
JAGwin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » October 2nd, 2013, 2:40 pm

I disagree. Its too soon to let our guard down like that, and we don't know if there was only the two of them shooting at us or not. stay in formation, and start pushing forward in the direction the two we destroyed were. I don't want to get riddled the moment we step out of trianguard. Plus, its past dark. We want to be sure, and there might be something important out here, what with heartless around.
gamebrain89

Unread postby JAGwin » October 2nd, 2013, 2:42 pm

I disagree. Its too soon to let our guard down like that, and we don't know if there was only the two of them shooting at us or not. stay in formation, and start pushing forward in the direction the two we destroyed were. I don't want to get riddled the moment we step out of trianguard.
That's why I said not to break formation while we leave.
JAGwin

Unread postby gamebrain89 » October 2nd, 2013, 2:46 pm

We can't walk all the way back to the village in that formation. Not in the dead of night in a forest. Leaving will necessitate breaking the formation, sooner rather than later, and these heartless are playing sniper. That would be the exact time for them to resuming attacking. So we should be cautious about this.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 2nd, 2013, 4:02 pm

Break formation, ask Goofy to cover Kairi while you play arrow catcher and bait before doing so. If there's anything still out there, it'll probably go for us.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 2nd, 2013, 4:14 pm

I can go with TK's plan. If we do end up getting shot at again, fall back in formation.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby JAGwin » October 2nd, 2013, 4:17 pm

With Tempest and Rigger.
JAGwin

Unread postby Ristridin » October 2nd, 2013, 6:08 pm

With Tempest and Rigger. We can be a bit careless, as Neku has a lot of hp, and it will get restored when we rest anyway.

Can we get back anyway? I thought we got lost in the woods...

oog: Maybe they ran out of arrows? And we didn't even get to see what these things looked like...
Ristridin

Unread postby Bezzerker » October 2nd, 2013, 8:40 pm

I would say, have all three of us move to where the Heartless we destroyed were. It should move us out of the center of the clearing, limiting the areas that the Heartless can shoot at us from.

If any more Heartless attack, reuse the strategy we have been using to get rid of them. Groove whenever we can, so we can keeping using the ranged magics of Neku!Sora.
Unleash the Elements of Order and Chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

What's the Canadian policy on heretics?
Gman391: Turn them into Pop sensations, and then inflict them on the American's for their sins.
Bezzerker

Return to “%s” Quests